PDA

View Full Version : Additional warm-up matches in Bangladesh-Australia series

Miraz
February 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
As per the FTP Bangladesh were due to appear in two Tests and three ODIs during their tour of Australia in 2008. However, as the series schedule clashed with the Beijing Olympics the tour programme was rearranged with the Tigers touring for three ODIs in August 2008 and returning to Australia for two Tests in 2010.

Bangladesh Cricket Board representatives in the ICC meeting in Kuala Lumpur recently proposed four one-day warm up matches and a three-dayer during the 2008 series and Cricket Australia agreed to the additional matches.

In the discussion that touched on bilateral issues, Cricket Australia also accepted BCB's proposal for three longer version matches during the Test-tour in northern Australia July-August 2010.

Source : BCB media release.

PoorFan
February 21, 2008, 10:45 AM
CA seems pretty generous and cooperative towards BD cricket, :up: well done BCB.

Rabz
February 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
And BCB also seemed to have bargained well.

jisaan
February 21, 2008, 10:57 AM
surely, a good deal this time.
4 one-day warm-up matches!!!
should be a good series for us.

al Furqaan
February 21, 2008, 10:57 AM
well the CA doesn't seem to intent to hinder our progress or insult us unlike our "friendly" neighbors to the west, north, and northeast.

Miraz
February 21, 2008, 11:02 AM
well the CA doesn't seem to intent to hinder our progress or insult us unlike our "friendly" neighbors to the west, north, and northeast.

Please don't forget that we have 5 year deal with CA to develop the standard of our cricket. We do not have any such deal with our friendly neighbor.

mshakir56
February 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
Please don't forget that we have 5 year deal with CA to develop the standard of our cricket. We do not have any such deal with our friendly neighbor.

Did we pay the australians for the deals ? If so, what sort of services are included in the package?

Miraz
February 21, 2008, 11:36 AM
Did we pay the australians for the deals ? If so, what sort of services are included in the package?
Yap we do pay them for the services.

Roughly Cricket Australia will train Bangladeshi coaches, prepare a coaching manual, set up an umpires' management system and train young players at Australian academies.

mshakir56
February 21, 2008, 11:54 AM
Yap we do pay them for the services.

Roughly Cricket Australia will train Bangladeshi coaches, prepare a coaching manual, set up an umpires' management system and train young players at Australian academies.

I see ! Is anybody being trained at the academy right now ?

akabir77
February 21, 2008, 12:44 PM
Thats the difference between Australia and India. BTW who is more Richer and Closer to us (we don't even need to fly to get in there )

akabir77
February 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
this just reminds me before SL won the WC in Aisa they too had a good Australia Tour where for the 1st time they threaten them. So if we could do that too then in 2011 we will win the World Cup too...

Allah ja korey bhalor jonnoi korey...

Dhakablues
February 21, 2008, 01:54 PM
I dont get it,, we will get more longer version practice matches during the tour but the actual test wont be before 2010,, isnt it a bit too early to get practice match a year ahead of the actual test?

Murad
February 21, 2008, 02:01 PM
I dont get it,, we will get more longer version practice matches during the tour but the actual test wont be before 2010,, isnt it a bit too early to get practice match a year ahead of the actual test?

Well this is not the practice for the Test.

Its just because we are not playing the Test so we want to play some matches in their condition.

I'm sure we will play some practice matches in 2010 before the TEst series.

brockley
February 21, 2008, 06:00 PM
Seems overboard for 3 one dayers,one one dayer would suffice as a warm up.
I guess bangladesh want experience on aussie pitches fair enough.
Probably be against either the northern territory,qld academy or the australian cricket academy.

Ajfar
February 21, 2008, 07:46 PM
gud deal..at this point..i'll take anythingg...

tipu_09
February 21, 2008, 08:20 PM
good move

One World
February 21, 2008, 09:44 PM
Great to learn. This will be more handy and a good successful display would boost the energy for the big event next year to follow :).