PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Sanath?

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2008, 02:58 AM
The second highest run-getter of all times and one of the most destructive batsman on his day, he is averaging a paltry 19 in his last 25 matches with only 2 50s!

And that average drops to 16 in his last 20 matches and to 14 in his last 15 matches. And in all this, just once has he managed to cross 50!

It is sad in many ways to see him wither like this.

Surfer
February 22, 2008, 03:19 AM
Every great player gets his bad patches. Tendulkar went through it recently...still just recivering from it....Ponting is going through it....every batsman loses form at times.

Sohel
February 22, 2008, 06:33 AM
This is not a good time for a bad patch. Just horrible to see our beloved Sana like this ... :(

sadi
February 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
He lost his eyes (not literally... lol). He is a type of batsman who depends of his quick hand eye co-ordination but now he is late picking up deliveries. I don't think we will see old Sanath again. Atleast not in Australia.

Surfer
February 22, 2008, 01:47 PM
He lost his eyes (not literally... lol). He is a type of batsman who depends of his quick hand eye co-ordination but now he is late picking up deliveries. I don't think we will see old Sanath again. Atleast not in Australia.

Even I suspect we might be seeing his last as a cricketer. But then a genius like him might make a come back.

Sovik
February 24, 2008, 03:22 PM
Even I suspect we might be seeing his last as a cricketer. But then a genius like him might make a come back.

at his age?

billah
February 24, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sanath's beginning was mediocre. Later, he had a fresh start early in his career. He went through several lean patches. The latest one was not too long ago. He was already talking about retiring. He came back strong, and showed some unbelievable stuff in the last couple of years.

I met Jaysuria last year in Trinidad. I can tell you, he looked the most fit among all sub continental players. I mean, better than everyone else, including the Indiands and Bangladeshis. I shook his powerful hand. When he comes out of the gym, you would think that he is picking up bodybuilding after retiring from cricket. He is just cut. You can't see it when he is batting, due to the pads and guards.

I think, it's this high level of fitness that kept him going for this extended period. I would give him one more year at most. It can't be easy to stay that fit and perform at his level for too long.

DJ Sahastra
February 28, 2008, 11:14 PM
The right question should be - What's wrong with all the SL veteran?

Sanath just ended a very mediocre series. In all the games he played, i doubt if his combined score touched 100.

Fazal
February 28, 2008, 11:31 PM
Is there supposed to be something wrong with Sanath?