PDA

View Full Version : Thread for Our Legend

Omio
February 22, 2008, 06:18 AM
This thread is for honour of Md.Rafique.
We all will miss you.
You will be stay in our heart.
He already got 2 wk today, need more 3 to get 100.
Insallah he will get it in this innings.

Nocturnal
February 22, 2008, 06:20 AM
brilliant stuff today.....finally Kallis jinx is over...Sir Rafique :notworthy:

cricman
February 22, 2008, 06:29 AM
Why does the only good one decide to hang em up and the Out of form ones decide to stay?

Rafique Big Boss

Sohel
February 22, 2008, 06:29 AM
Muhahaha!!!

Omio
February 22, 2008, 06:33 AM
Muhahaha!!!
what is Muhahaha?

One World
February 22, 2008, 06:33 AM
Excellent thread idea. The tough critic of him will dissolve after today's performance, even satan cannot stop that.

Sohel
February 22, 2008, 06:37 AM
what is Muhahaha?

Just a hearty, slightly darkish laughter at all those who doubted his supremacy of his left arm ... :)

tonoy
February 22, 2008, 06:38 AM
:notworthy: truly he is a legend. I wished he hadn't retired though. He still could've played for another year or two. :(

Protic
February 22, 2008, 06:44 AM
Well ..if he gets like 16/18 wkts in 2 tests.. :D He might change his mind! All his wish!

mahbubH
February 22, 2008, 07:00 AM
Well ..if he gets like 16/18 wkts in 2 tests.. :D He might change his mind! All his wish!You cannot predict Rafique. Even with this two wickets he may change his mind!!

kazis2007
February 22, 2008, 07:19 AM
I :flag:hope bd got still oppurtunity to come back this match.

BD Tigers
February 22, 2008, 07:20 AM
I hope he doesnt retire...dhur...bhalo lagtase na...THE BOSS - take my salam.

Omio
February 22, 2008, 07:21 AM
Here his two wk v SA-
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_vnIBZk-Vo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_vnIBZk-Vo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bulbul_fan
February 22, 2008, 09:09 AM
salute to MR.Rafique......A true legend in bangladshi Cricket...Million of thanks for the joys you gave us Sir.

Navarene
February 22, 2008, 09:12 AM
No wonder why he was added to my fav player tag:)

I always had faith on you, old horse!

wiseshah
February 22, 2008, 10:44 AM
BD almost never get chance to bowl in the 2nd innings. if that would happen, i wonder, where rafiq, enamul's wicket number would reach?
rafiq is alltime best

Nafi
February 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
That armball of his, is so deadly

DJ Sahastra
February 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
BD almost never get chance to bowl in the 2nd innings.

True.

Shame on you guys who wanted him out of the team.

Shobha
February 22, 2008, 10:53 AM
Man i feel depressed. especially after seeing those wickets, just gets to show that we'll never get to see beauty like this again:sigh:
LONG LIVE KING RAFIQUE:notworthy::notworthy:
oh, i feel very sad when i think about the whole situation:(
the man has given us soooooooo much in the past few years!

PoorFan
February 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
I like to save my words & feelings until the end of the series, there will be more coming on the way.:notworthy:

Miraz
February 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
True.

Shame on you guys who wanted him out of the team.
Few fans not only wanted to see him out of the team, but also spoke ill about Rafique openly here.

I sincerely hope those members understand their mistake and respect the best cricketer we have ever produced till date.

AsifTheManRahman
February 22, 2008, 11:21 AM
People wanted him out of the team? Yuck people, yuck.

Beamer
February 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
Its obvious that the wrong old legend is retiring. What I have said about of him in the last year or so still ring true. I will put the 'respect' thing aside for a second, so it doesn't cloud my judgment or let emotion get better of me. I don't think anyone with honest intention can say that I have asked for his ouster from the team right away ( Bashar , Yes ) . I thought in the past year or so, Rafiq has been by passed by Raj as the premier ODI bowler in the team. So, if we are going to a ODI where taking three spinners are not an option, then, by all means, Rafiq has to sit aside and preference goes to Raj. I also think that he is not the batsman that he was once before. Never I have said once that in a home series, with the pitches that we prepare for tests, Rafiq has to sit aside to make room for Enam & Raj. I thought he still has a lot to offer and he still does with the ball. Also, in tests, he has bowled a bit too negatively for my liking, not withstanding yesterday. This is not disrespect, just facts, and the ability to separate facts from emotion driven diatribes are possible, though not inherent in every human being.

Though it is not the right time to say it, but, since speaking another factoid about Rafiq's illustrious career is seen as a taboo and considered 'speaking ill' by some quarter, it would be fair and appropriate to mention that he has misbehaved with his team mates/coaches before. Fact ! I am forced to say it because of the innuendo's directed at my way though not the time to say it.

There was this funny bit of nugget in the match thread yesterday when we were wobbling five wkts down, a prolific informed ( misinformed ? ) poster with loads of connection at the inner corridors of BCB, declared our top 3 batsmen was responsible for this collapse. I didn't disagree, but the dishonesty in the quote didn't escape the small matter that his 'idol' batted at no.4, outside the top 3 yesterday! Nice way of shielding.

Well..looking for a fightback tomorrow, led by none other than Rafiq, and only wished we had another full time spinner in our arsenal. I am sure Enam or Raj would have been handy, but unfortunately had to sit out because they were not entrusted with scoring at least 11 runs to the team score! Given the choice, I would prefer a spinner who will give me at least 25 overs and surely either of them can nudge around for 11 runs had they tried ! The morning bulletin will overlook such matters either by intention or because of plain old incompetence. Pick your poisons.

Great day everybody. Go Tigers. Salute to old horse Rafiq !

Omio
February 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
People wanted him out of the team? Yuck people, yuck.
yauc thuuuuuuuuuu

Murad
February 22, 2008, 12:41 PM
yauc thuuuuuuuuuu

lolz.. ami o ki apnar sathe sathe thuuu marbo???

really man.. that guy is something..

rafiqul alom ekhon mone mone ki bole ki jani.. off form er karone rafiq re neini.. hadharam ekta.. enam is good in bd soil but not in overseas.. but ore niyeche ar jei valo kore take neini..

and now rafiq is proving him wrong that he still can do wonder.:)

akabir77
February 22, 2008, 12:51 PM
He was a great cricketer for bangladesh but doesn't matter how good he bowls he should retire.
I salute you for your hard work and commitment.
younger guys should learn from him and BCB should immediately engage him as a spinning coach.

mij
February 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
BD almost never get chance to bowl in the 2nd innings. if that would happen, i wonder, where rafiq wicket number would reach?
rafiq is alltime best

You just said it, I always thought that.

KnightBD
February 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
Rafique ... my man :up:
:fanflag: :bravo:

taklima_naj
February 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
May Allah bless you, u r true figher who always provide 100% to the team

Ajfar
February 22, 2008, 02:33 PM
3 more wickets to goo...def the real tigerr...RESPECT....

1983ak
February 22, 2008, 02:48 PM
WE WILL MISS YOU BIG TIME!!!!
:flag:

Mohammad Rafique
Born: September 5, 1970, Dhaka
Current age; 37 years 170 days
Major teams Bangladesh, Asia XI, Dhaka Division, Sylhet Division
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Slow left-arm orthodox

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN3_6rSm2UA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN3_6rSm2UA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:flag:

tiger_omar
February 22, 2008, 03:24 PM
I think he needs 4 more wickets to get to 100, doesn't he?

But anyways, what a valuable player and he truly will be missed. And as a senior member of the team, you always see Rafique smiling, talking to opositon players and umpires and you can tell that he's well liked by all his peers. He will be missed on our team.

Hopefully, BCB can offer him some financial benefits in order to persuade him to not retire for Test cricket just yet.

zainab
February 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
This thread is for honour of Md.Rafique.
We all will miss you.
You will be stay in our heart.
He already got 2 wk today, need more 3 to get 100.
Insallah he will get it in this innings.

He will reach it, there are still a second innings in this match and another 2 innings in the second test.

MohammedC
February 22, 2008, 05:02 PM
He will reach it, there are still a second innings in this match and another 2 innings in the second test.

He will do it in this innings inshallah

bdchamp20
February 22, 2008, 05:24 PM
According to me Rafique is our best cricketer(in terms of achievements) so far..I hope he joins the IPL and we can keep seeing our favourite bowler playing international cricket.

RazabQ
February 22, 2008, 08:11 PM
For crying out loud guys, the man has just taken two wickets. For all we know he could go 0-fer 100 tomorrow. Let's leave the deification until he actually stops playing!

al Furqaan
February 22, 2008, 08:28 PM
For crying out loud guys, the man has just taken two wickets. For all we know he could go 0-fer 100 tomorrow. Let's leave the deification until he actually stops playing!

nonetheless its true...the wrong oldie is calling it quits.

bangladesh will forever be f****d from all corridors and her own sadistic destiny.

zainab
February 24, 2008, 12:22 PM
Rafique only has 2 more wickets for his 100 Test wickets.
He will get it in the second test match, then he can retire with dignity, hopefully in SA first innings, if not, let's hope that there will be a second innings.

WarWolf
February 24, 2008, 02:14 PM
Mr. Rafique really deserves a farewell gift from us, BC members, as a tribute. "You made us feel honored and gave us the opportunity to stand tall against all odds. Thanks you and We will remember you."

Miraz bhai or Sohel bhai is it possible to take necessary initiatives about this?

Omio
March 1, 2008, 04:51 AM
Congrates Bosssssss for ur 100.
We will miss u..

Nocturnal
March 1, 2008, 05:02 AM
Congrates to Sir Rafique for 100 test wickets!! we are proud of you. :notworthy:
You will be missed.

ialbd
March 1, 2008, 05:42 AM
congrats Rafiq mama.... you did it.....

rubel_18
March 1, 2008, 05:45 AM
Congratulations on ur 100 wickets Rafique

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 06:23 AM
Del Styn got 100 wicket in 40 innings(aprox)..........
on the other hand Rafiq got in 33 match.....i wonder how many innings he bowled???

any idea guys

Dhurr
March 1, 2008, 06:26 AM
Del Styn got 100 wicket in 40 innings(aprox)..........
on the other hand Rafiq got in 33 match.....i wonder how many innings he bowled???

any idea guys

47 or 48 innings. We barely ever get a team to bat twice in a game.

Dhurr
March 1, 2008, 06:28 AM
According to cricinfo's live Test stats, Steyn got his 100th wicket in his 37th innings. Rafique got his 100th wicket in his 48th innings. The difference: Steyn has played 20 tests and Rafique has played 33.

BD Tigers
March 1, 2008, 06:29 AM
I was afraid that Rafique wud not get his 100 yesterday and this morning. But like he said in the interview, its a patience game and at the end patience paid off.

Hats off to our LEGEND, THE BOSS - Mohammed Rafique.

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 06:32 AM
According to cricinfo's live Test stats, Steyn got his 100th wicket in his 37th innings. Rafique got his 100th wicket in his 48th innings. The difference: Steyn has played 20 tests and Rafique has played 33.

I imagine those extra 20 innings he missed out would have given another 30-40 under his belt......and if he played another 15 test could have grabbed another 50 wicket.......very unlucke these BD bowlers

Sohel
March 1, 2008, 06:34 AM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: !

zainab
March 1, 2008, 07:32 AM
I was hoping and praying that he will get the 2 wickets to reach his 100 test wickets on his retirement. Who knows, he might ply another test series, never say never.

arafath79
March 1, 2008, 08:03 AM
Congratulation Rafique for your 100 wickets in test cricket. Hats off to you !!! I love to see you bowling and trouble the batsmen and also see your attacking batting when you are on song .

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 09:30 AM
I dont think so he wil play anymore, He is going like a hero here........hats off

lamisa
March 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
he wont play anymore i think after what he said in the interview.he said that he wanted to serve his nation for a few more years but he has been forced into retirement by the selection committee.he got the message that they did not want him anymore when they excluded him from the squad for nz and said that nz pitches are not spin friendly so hes not in the team but they ended up taking enamul and razzaq.Darn those selectors!:hairpull::hairpull::timeout:

uhv
March 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
We would love to read an autobiography of our hero. It 'll be great if Miraz bhai takes the initiative to compile the story of ...."Crossing the River"

BagherBacha
March 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
i read news somewhere in the past rafiq bhai wanted to be curator after his retirement. fire this belal guy and give Rafiq bhai thios job along with someone from srilanka/india

bulbul_fan
March 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
A great end to great player!
salute to You for your contribution......................
Bd cricket will always miss you SIR MD.RAFIQUE

zahid
March 1, 2008, 05:11 PM
Congrats Rafique bhai.