February 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
Tamim
Junayed
Shariar Nafess
Rajin Salesh/abdur rajjak
Ashraful
Aftab
Sakib
Khaled Masud( no mushfique, he got mervellous batting and keeping skills)
Mash( i think we don't have any better bowlers in our squad)
Rafique
Shahdat( my reverse swing specialst:-D)

FHossain
February 24, 2008, 11:32 AM
DROP tamim til the ODI's. This is what I think. But I know it won't happen due to corruption from selectors

Nafeez
sidique
saleh
ashraful
aftab
shaqib
mashud
rafique
mortaza
shahadat
rasel

sandpiper
February 24, 2008, 11:38 AM
1. No Bashar pleeeeeeeease
2. Mashud in place of Rahim
3. Drop Tamim if not 100% fit

djnaved
February 24, 2008, 11:40 AM
well, tamim's only problem is that he can't face yorker ball or ball the comes to the blockhole.. junayed's only problem is that he gives catch to the sleepes. Ashraful's problem is that lack of patience. Aftab's only problem is that he loose control after facing some good deleveries, and give free wicket. Sakib's only problem is that he plays too many shots when the ball is outside leg stamp.

Only1raz
February 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
below is the team i would wish to see.

1. Junaid
2. Tamim or Shariar Nafeees
3. Raqibul or Nazimuddin
4. Ashraful
5. Aftab or Naeem Islam
6. Shakib
7. Mushy or Dhiman
8. Rafique
9. Shahadat
10.Enamul/Razzak/Mosharraf Hossain
11. Mortaza/Reza/Sajidul/Rasel/Talha

zainab
February 24, 2008, 11:51 AM
I think that Tamim should be rested and play in the ODIs, Reza should be brought instead of Sakib, Mashud should be the wicketkeeper, even if he does not score runs, and Bashar should be definitely OUT.
If only the selectors can use common sense and choose the best team, then there can be a better showing in he next test.
IMO, because it will be played in Chittagong, they will retain Tamim.

sadi
February 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
Not too many changes... As long as I see Bashar gone, I am happy.... Don't really care who comes in place of him... Forhad, Razzak or Rajin will do.... Please selectors... save us

Nafi
February 24, 2008, 12:13 PM
Tamim (Rajin instead, if tamim isnt 100%)
Sidique
NafeeS
Ashraful
Aftab
sakib
Mushfiq (want pilot instead if available)
Rafique
Mortaza
Shahadat

Nafi
February 24, 2008, 12:14 PM
Not too many changes... As long as I see Bashar gone, I am happy.... Don't really care who comes in place of him... Forhad, Razzak or Rajin will do.... Please selectors... save us

yeh same here, I just want Bashar dropped

Nawreen93
February 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
Exactly why is Bashar in the squad???And what in the world is wrong with Tamim? He can play well in other countries but not his own?Why isn't Razzak in the squad??....These are the questions that haunt me.

ripon
February 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think this should be the squad,

Javed Omar
Junaed Siddique
Shahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful (c)
Saqibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Mohammad Rafique
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque jnr

Mohiul
February 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
bye bye bashar

mshakir56
February 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Nobody played well in this match except for Shadat and Rafique ! So I say drop everybody and pick the guys that played in the practice match !

Russell2k7
February 24, 2008, 01:01 PM
Put Nafees at 1 and Tamim at 3 and Ash at 4. Take off "farm fresh milk," aka Kazi Habibul Bashar Sumon and also the "Golden Boy" aka Mushfiqur Rahim Mushy.

Murad
February 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
Tamim
Junaid
Rajin
Ashraful
Aftab
Shakib
Pilot (Yes Pilot. Sick of the golden duck boy.)
Rafique
Mashrafe
Rajib
Razzak (since Enam is not in the squad)

This will be the perfect team.

In the first Test we had only 2.5 bowlers. Rajib & Rafique are the 2. And Sakib & Mashafe were 0.5

WE need to go with 4 genuine bowlers. Selectors and Coach had too much drinks before the selected the 11. They think SHakib is a genuine bowler.

Miraz
February 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
I would like three changes -
Farhad Reza in place of Habibul Bashar
Syed Rasel in place of Mashrafe Mortaza
KM Pilot in place of Mushfiqur Rahim

ahaque
February 24, 2008, 02:11 PM
S.Nafees (tamim is unfit)
Zunaed
Rajin (bashar needs to go)
Ash
Aftab
Pilot (give me once last test)
Shakib
Reza (all rounder, did well in tour match)
Rafique
Shahabat
Rasel (mash is obviously tired, he didnt get a single wicket yet)

Nafi
February 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
Shahadat was only bowling 122-132k in this test, and he has 8 wickets, so the argument that syed rasel lacks pace to be effective in test is out of the window.

Plus syed rasel is very good against SA

Dhakablues
February 24, 2008, 02:26 PM
The only change I propose is Rafique. Not the bowler Rafique,, the Chilla-ctor Rafique

Tokai
February 24, 2008, 02:46 PM
Kick out Sumon (forever) and get Rajin Saleh.

Rahim could also use a break, but I do not think Pilot should be the obvious choice.

sonarbangla
February 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
S.Nafis
Junaid
Ashraful
Aftab
Rajin
Sakib
Mushfiq [but i prefer masud]
Razzak
Rafuque
Hossain
Mashrafee [I prefer russel]

Eshen
February 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
SN
Zunaed
Tamim
Ashraful
Aftab
Shakib
Mashfiq
Rafique
Enamul
Shahadat
Rasel

I am not happy with Mushfiq at all, and I think Mashud thoroughly deserved to play in this test series and retire with dignity. But, I don't think it's a good idea to change the keeper middle of a tour.

I would advise the selectors to call up Dhiman to the national team camp, have him train with the team for next couple of weeks. If Mushfiq has not got his acts together at the end of SA series, Dhiman should be tried in the matches against Ireland.

Shobha
February 24, 2008, 05:02 PM
As long as pilot comes in for mushy and ANYONE comes in for bashar, i'm happy. though i do think tamim maybe needs some rest but i doubt they'll drop him as the test is in his hometown. but who know's maybe by then he'll get himself together and do something as far as the scoreboard's concerned.

zainab
February 24, 2008, 05:27 PM

Miraz bhai, why dont you email this request to BCB. I am sure they will listen to you. We desperately need change.

nsd3
February 24, 2008, 06:14 PM
Bashar might be given another chance by the team management. Their recent comments of not changing the team frequently would prefer to keep the team pretty much unchanged. However, Farhad has a good chance of playing, I guess.

Rubu
February 24, 2008, 06:27 PM
I think Rajin is a MUST in place of Bashar. I'm not too worried about the rest but it would be nice to have Rassel instead of Mashrafee(rest) and Pilot instead of Rahim (rest).

al Furqaan
February 24, 2008, 06:45 PM
Shahadat was only bowling 122-132k in this test, and he has 8 wickets, so the argument that syed rasel lacks pace to be effective in test is out of the window.

Plus syed rasel is very good against SA

steyn and morkel were mostly bowling in the 138 k range. so i'd wager that our speedguns are under-reporting the speeds.

al Furqaan
February 24, 2008, 06:50 PM
* if i see bashar in the squad again...i will burn my cricket bat. if haba wants to play make permenent fixture for his lifetime in BS cricket (T20Is).

** i remain convinced that mushy is a class batsman. he might not be technically flawless, but he is of good calibre. however, i think it might be a good idea to bring in mashud for the 2nd Test.

*** i am sure mash will bounce back. he ain't no rajib, but he's a very good pacer. i think bringing rasel in will be a good move.

1) tamim (if not fit, SN opens)
2) Junaid
3) SN
4) Ash
5) Rajin/Farhad
6) Aftab
7) Sakib
8) Rahim/Pilot
9) Rafique
10) Mash/Rasel
11) Shahadat

this is the squad, although i think 3 bowler theory is not a good one. we still bowled a team out for the lowest score with just 3 bowlers, whodathunkit?

nahaz
February 24, 2008, 06:53 PM
We had four ineffective players in the first test, Tamim, Bashar, Mushfique and Mashrafee.
Mushfique and Bashar should really be dropped...Bashar keeps getting out in very ugly ways and Mushfique keeps dropping catches and missing stumping chances in addition to getting no runs. If a player is as ineffective in all his roles , why keep him? Besides, Pilot wanted a farewell test, and his inclusion would do us no harm.

Tamim wasn't match fit apparently. I wouldn't play him next match unless he looks 100%. Even if he does, maybe I'd play him at two down with SN and Ash above him.
Mashrafee isn't giving his best ..dnno why. Do we drop him? He could be one match away from findinghis form. Ash was saying he was bowling great in the afternoon of 3rd day.Rasel would be a good addition to the team if fit.

Forhad Reza should play coz he deserves it more than others who are in the team now.

nahaz
February 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
So here's my team:
Junayed
S Nafees
Rajin Saleh ( take Tamim if fit)
Ashraful
Aftab
Sakibul Hasan
Forhad Reza/ Mashrafee Mortaza
K. Mashud
Shahadat
Rafique
Syed Rasel

I believe it's better to only play those players who can contribute +vely to results...if that means 5/6 bowlers, so be it.I'd have put Kapali in place of Rajin if he was here.

desirocker
February 24, 2008, 07:23 PM
my 11:
Junaied
Ash
Aftab
Pilot (Mushfiq deserves some rest after his legendary/great/responsible/marvelous batting and keeping)
Rajin (For Allah sake, bashar tui retire kor)
S. Nafees (bad dite parle valoi hoto.)
Tamim (I still believe he'll perform better in 2nd test)
Sakib
The great Rafique Vai :notworthy: [tomar bikolpo nai(i know you all agree with me.)]
Mashrafi
S. Hossain Rajib..(An icon in making)

HabaGuba
February 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
its rather funny and immature for u guyz to think of dropping tamim after one bad test. even after when he got out in a beauty.

habfreak
February 24, 2008, 07:35 PM
I agree with your selection.
only problem is with both Farhad and Rasel in, our bowling kinda becomes too predictable with 2 medium pacers. I'd rather give Enamul or Lalla a shot knowing that kinda leaves us with a shorter batting lineup.
Having said all that, I don't think BCB has the merudondo to drop Bashar in the middle of the tour.

Xavier
February 24, 2008, 07:52 PM
I'd like to see Rajin Saleh (for his wise batting) and Enamul (SA have trouble with spin, so give him a chance).

Ajfar
February 24, 2008, 08:44 PM
one simple requestt..no bashar...plzzzzzzz

U-17, 1999
February 24, 2008, 11:43 PM
Shahriar Nafees
Junaid Siddique
Rajin Saleh
MD. Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Khaled Mashud
Mashrafee Mortuza
Md. Rafique
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain

DJ Sahastra
February 25, 2008, 12:08 AM
People wanted to deprive pilot of even a farewell game (there must be a thead somewhere). And suddenly, they are vouching for him as a more appropriate replacement.

When will Banglar fans really learn :).

nsd3
February 25, 2008, 12:11 AM
Either Tamim or Bashar could face exclusion based on being 100% fit.

Tamim is a local hero (Chit) and Bashar scores better in Cht. Looking at pitch there should be (considering Shakib as a batsman) 4 bowlers (Mashrafi, Rajib, Rafiq, ??). Mushfiq probably is gonna continue to have more exposure (Pilot is also showing ego as other previous captains by not applying to BCB directly for his retirement request). That means we have 5 positions booked. The rest 6 might go like this:

Tamim, Zunaed, SN, Ashraful, Aftab, Shakib. OR
Zunaed, SN, Bashar, Ashraful, Aftab, Shakib.

Therefore, ?? place (above) for a bowler would either go to a pacer (Farhad) or a spinner (Razzak/ Enamul).

U-17, 1999
February 25, 2008, 12:15 AM
People wanted to deprive pilot of even a farewell game (there must be a thead somewhere). And suddenly, they are vouching for him as a more appropriate replacement.

When will Banglar fans really learn :).

:head::head::head:
why the people start shouting in a moment for a change i dont know
today shahadat got 9 wickets in a test and we will start dancing around him but we have to rememebr that shahadat is shahadat .. he has limitations
when Rahim made 50 against india we start calling him little wonder but now we wanna throw him away..why? can we stop doing like this? rahim has future but he needs time so just dont throw him away but give him time..
now we need pilot but .. later??

wiseshah
February 25, 2008, 12:26 AM
my team

Junaed siddiqui
shahriar nafees (if tamim fit, then tamim)
Rajin saleh
ashraful
aftab ahmed
farhad reza
sakib al hasan
khaled masud
Mohammad rafiq
shahadat hossain
syed rasel

wiseshah
February 25, 2008, 12:28 AM
:head::head::head:
why the people start shouting in a moment for a change i dont know
today shahadat got 9 wickets in a test and we will start dancing around him but we have to rememebr that shahadat is shahadat .. he has limitations
when Rahim made 50 against india we start calling him little wonder but now we wanna throw him away..why? can we stop doing like this? rahim has future but he needs time so just dont throw him away but give him time..
now we need pilot but .. later??

sometimes players need rest for their own benefit. may be after one rest, they will comeback strong. otherwise why should we ruin their career when they are not in form

yaseer
February 25, 2008, 12:33 AM

Ya...Mashrafee is not taking wickets.....but drop him?? and again....replaced by Russell??

Russell is not a test bowler, at least in Bangladesh, as he is useless with the old ball

If Russell plays....we will be a bowler short after 15 overs.

Murad
February 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
They won't pick Rasel. Rasel is not in the squad. So we might see Sajid.

Sajid is a good bowler. He will do better than Rasel in Test. And he should replace Mash in the next Test.

yaseer
February 25, 2008, 12:43 AM
My team for the 2nd test

Tamim
Junaid
Habibul/Farhad Reza/Razzak
Shahriar Nafees
Ashraful
Aftab
Sakib
Pailot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat

Farhad Reza: If chittagong wicket is like Mirpur's...then Farhad must play in place of Habibul, his wicket to wicket bowling will be very effective if the wicket is low like mirpur.

RazzaK: If you are definitely sure that the wicket is going to turn (staffs were sure abt Mirpur but it did not turn) then include Razzak.

Habibul: He should not be in the team if we see the form....but if you really want to give him last chance then.....but after examinig the Farhad Reza and Razzak factor.

lamisa
February 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
whatever happens,I DONT WANT TO SEE HABA ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!maybe,we could replace sajid with mash.i mean mash is out of form and this sajid seems good.let's see.

Murad
February 25, 2008, 12:46 AM
bhai o bonera...

amader team select kore kono laab hobe na.. selector r team management amago kotha vabhbe na.. ora sudhu jane ora jake like kore tarai team e thakbe..

rafiq
February 25, 2008, 01:10 AM
I would make only one change to the squad.....say goodbye to the great Habibul Bashar who has 3000 runs and should be give a nice round of applause in Chittagong - replace him with a 4th bowler, which in Chittagong could be Razzak....or maybe Sajid.

Shaan
February 25, 2008, 02:19 AM
Haba should be out and Musfique needs some rest, so, Haba's place Rajin should be in and Musfique to replace by Dhiman, but pls no pilot anymore, we don't wanna go backwards cause pilot is not the future anymore.

arifur81
February 25, 2008, 03:00 AM
What team for test? They could not even bat in their own home soil, who and what are they going to blame at now? I want to know why they could not even pass 200 in their own motherland. I want to know what the excuse this time. I haven been saying in my previous threads that this BD team is bunch of jokers, they are not players. Sorry about the silly comments on this thread, I know this is the next team for 2nd test threads. GOOD L.U.C.K Guys, I have lost hopes with this team.

BD-Shardul
February 25, 2008, 03:26 AM
TI
BiZu
Saleh
Ash
Aftab
Mashud
Razzaq
Rasel
Shahadat
Rafiq
Enam

No point going there less then 5 bowlers. No matter how many batsmen you inlcude in the team, the outcome will be "jei lau sei kudu' interms of batting. So take five bolwers, SA will choke for sure.

hoodlum
February 25, 2008, 03:51 AM
Big Z
Nafees
Rajin
Aftab
Ashraful
Sakib
Reza
Masud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat

WarWolf
February 25, 2008, 04:12 AM
Ya...Mashrafee is not taking wickets.....but drop him?? and again....replaced by Russell??

Russell is not a test bowler, at least in Bangladesh, as he is useless with the old ball

If Russell plays....we will be a bowler short after 15 overs.
Mashrafee is also useless with the old ball. The matter to concern is Rasel is effective with new ball while Mash is currently ineffective with old ball. Rasel always picks up wickets with new ball. So it's better to replace him by Rasel.

mij
February 25, 2008, 05:51 AM
well, tamim's only problem is that he can't face yorker ball or ball the comes to the blockhole.. junayed's only problem is that he gives catch to the sleepes. Ashraful's problem is that lack of patience. Aftab's only problem is that he loose control after facing some good deleveries, and give free wicket. Sakib's only problem is that he plays too many shots when the ball is outside leg stamp.

well, they need to sort out this problem before going to 2nd test.

abu2abu
February 25, 2008, 06:19 AM
Bashar has done nothing of note either in NZ or so far here. He should be dropped and replaced by either Rajin (who has done nothing wrong but somehow lost his place in the side) or Reza. Reza's a bit of a gamble as a rookie, but so were junaid and tamim and they've done well in the past.

I'd like to see ash or aftab take further responsibility by batting at 3 (with either reza or Rajin coming in later).

An alternative is to promote shakib up the order and bring in enamul or razzak as the extra spinner. I'd pick enamul...

kp348
February 25, 2008, 06:39 AM
No way we can drop Habibul, Mushfique and Mashrafee. We must retain them in the team.

We should be better off without some other non-performers. I would say drop Zunaed, Ashraful, Aftab and Razzque from 14 men squad (I wish they were not in the squad in the first place, and that way we would not have witnessed Black & Whites in mess in the domestic T20). Besides from these four also drop Rafique and Rajib and Stuff the team with Tushar Imran, Javed Omar et al.

nsd3
February 25, 2008, 06:41 AM
So many anti Bashar suggestion might not be good enough to exclude him from the squad. Actually changing the team frequently is not in the topics of discussion in the team now. We might see Bashar bat again. Pitch is more batting friendly than the Mirpur one. A spinner will probably replace a batsman.

abu2abu
February 25, 2008, 08:42 AM
We should be better off without some other non-performers. I would say drop Zunaed, Ashraful, Aftab and Razzque from 14 men squad (I wish they were not in the squad in the first place, and that way we would not have witnessed Black & Whites in mess in the domestic T20). Besides from these four also drop Rafique and Rajib and Stuff the team with Tushar Imran, Javed Omar et al.

I assume you're joking....

abu2abu
February 25, 2008, 08:43 AM
So many anti Bashar suggestion might not be good enough to exclude him from the squad. Actually changing the team frequently is not in the topics of discussion in the team now. We might see Bashar bat again. Pitch is more batting friendly than the Mirpur one. A spinner will probably replace a batsman.

That's the point. A spinner should probably replace a batsman and that batsman should be bashar. And the spinner should be either enamul or razzak...

Kuddus
February 25, 2008, 09:29 AM
Bechara Shakib, by the time he comes in there is no one to bat with. If Tamim is not hundred percent no point in forcing him to play. Nafees can open and score his customary 16-25 runs and go back to the pavilion. And obviously Bashar shouldn't be there, that is pretty much unanimous from the fans. And I want to personally see some more cover drives from our batsmen. I recall only three good ones in two innings.

sislam2
February 25, 2008, 02:38 PM

I second this changes
Since i have seen Reza bowl at constant 132KPH in NZ why not, and he bowled in the practice in a decent batting pitch. And he is pretty handy with bat, definitely can score odd 30 runs which more than bashar.
I would prefer the new lefty bolwer i think sajidul, since he needs the experience, and MASH needs a break, it's must.
Same with Mushy needs a break, any other keeper other than him will do.

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
whats the point.... they will keep the same team.

Only difference this time it will be a innings defeat.

roaring tigerz
February 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
if they don't drop bashar now, i will all any remaining faith in the selection process. no shombhashon, no farewell match...bashar must not be seen in national colors ever again!

nahaz
February 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
I heard somewhere in this thread that rasel is not in the squad. If not, can't replace Mash, can we? I think Mashud has a right to say goodbye honourably, especially since he still can keep better than Mushfique. Seriously, no keeper drops that many. He missed like 3 catches and 2 stumpings in one test.That's not even a 1st class keeper.I've played against a 60 year old keeper last week who dropped nothing in 70 overs. If this is the best we got, we better forget about our chances.

nahaz
February 25, 2008, 06:46 PM
Also, Forhad Reza needs to go in to replace Bashar. Rajin can go in place of Tamim if Tamim is not fit. If he is tho, Tamim should stay.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 25, 2008, 09:05 PM
I agree with most of you guys about HB and Pilot. HB did "squat didley" for the team but I have a feeling because he may retire at the end of this tour, selectors will give him this test as well. Pilot should be in for Mushy. I am not convinced about SN's form because he is still chasing wide balls, playing very squarish and is in trouble to inswingers so a good candidate for lbw against brand new or reversing ball. I think he should be replaced if there's someone better at #4. I would leave Tamim in though. He's got pride he will bounce back.

tonoy
February 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
I agree with most of you guys about HB and Pilot. HB did "squat didley" for the team but I have a feeling because he may retire at the end of this tour, selectors will give him this test as well. Pilot should be in for Mushy. I am not convinced about SN's form because he is still chasing wide balls, playing very squarish and is in trouble to inswingers so a good candidate for lbw against brand new or reversing ball. I think he should be replaced if there's someone better at #4. I would leave Tamim in though. He's got pride he will bounce back.

oh wow great analysis on SN. And wonderful logic on Tamim. SO we should include only players with pride from now on and no other criteria should be required.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 25, 2008, 10:04 PM
oh wow great analysis on SN. And wonderful logic on Tamim. SO we should include only players with pride from now on and no other criteria should be required.
It's a bit unfair to question someone's logic if you yourself totally twist things around illogically to say something that I did not say. I am not sure you understand what it means to play with pride. For selection, you need to be a good cricketer and have some talent that's a given but it is the other characteristics ie how much you care about the team, your contribution to the team, etc that make players better or worse than others. Anyway, sticking to technical aspect of the game, why should Tamim be dropped? What has he done to be dropped? Did you watch the game? 1st inning's out was a fluke. Second inning he got bowled to a good ball. Happens to the best of players against new ball. SN and Bashar are both out of form players. If they don't bat, they don't nothing else. Tamim is a live wire in the field unlike fat SN and slow unathletic Bashar. Tamim can at least raise the moral of a team by doing something in the field and you can only do that if you have pride. Yes, I would definitely want to have guys with pride and because they will play better than the ones that don't have pride. Name one good player, who is good that doesn't have pride. Tamim had earned the right to play at test by performing and I think at this moment he's far superior player both in terms of talent and execution than SN and Bashar. Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with great technique. He's a gifted player in the mould of Gilchrist and Jayasuriya. So there's no point analysing technique for that guy. Playing with pride means being stubborn and doing it wtv it takes to score runs. I don't see either Bashar or SN showing that. Aftab showed that he's willing to fight it out. Even though Tamim is a strokemaker he still adapts better than SN. Bashar, SN have no longer show that. Junaid, Aftab were exaggerating their leaves focusing on single deliveries. Bashar, SN swing at air, at wide balls.

tonoy
February 25, 2008, 11:41 PM
It's a bit unfair to question someone's logic if you yourself totally twist things around illogically to say something that I did not say. I am not sure you understand what it means to play with pride. For selection, you need to be a good cricketer and have some talent that's a given but it is the other characteristics ie how much you care about the team, your contribution to the team, etc that make players better or worse than others. Anyway, sticking to technical aspect of the game, why should Tamim be dropped? What has he done to be dropped? Did you watch the game? 1st inning's out was a fluke. Second inning he got bowled to a good ball. Happens to the best of players against new ball. SN and Bashar are both out of form players. If they don't bat, they don't nothing else. Tamim is a live wire in the field unlike fat SN and slow unathletic Bashar. Tamim can at least raise the moral of a team by doing something in the field and you can only do that if you have pride. Yes, I would definitely want to have guys with pride and because they will play better than the ones that don't have pride. Name one good player, who is good that doesn't have pride. Tamim had earned the right to play at test by performing and I think at this moment he's far superior player both in terms of talent and execution than SN and Bashar. Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with great technique. He's a gifted player in the mould of Gilchrist and Jayasuriya. So there's no point analysing technique for that guy. Playing with pride means being stubborn and doing it wtv it takes to score runs. I don't see either Bashar or SN showing that. Aftab showed that he's willing to fight it out. Even though Tamim is a strokemaker he still adapts better than SN. Bashar, SN have no longer show that. Junaid, Aftab were exaggerating their leaves focusing on single deliveries. Bashar, SN swing at air, at wide balls.

First of all, there was no twisting of logic done by me. Were you not the one to quote that Tamim is filled with pretentious "pride" which would lead to magical comeback? And yes I do not know what you are talking about when you were using pretext of the word "pride". Is this the World wrestling Entertainment where "pride" has got to be the sole drive in deciding the prime candidate of a champion? Because as far as I know, WWE is quite different from cricket. You have also quoted that a good candidate for selection should also "have good characteristics" such as contribution to the team. Now my question is, are we looking for a cheerleader here or a player? And it seems you know awful lot about the player's inner character to make judgments on them. Again, are we associating WWE with cricket?

Now then, you want to avoid all these and then focus on the Technical aspects. You ask me whether I watched the game or not and then say the first inning dismissal of Tamim was a fluke. My question is, do you know anything about cricket? How the fricken hell do you call that a fluke? Are we again associating cricket with WWE? I guess Steyn must have bowled an illegal delivery, or why else would our ever so talented Tamim get out in such a dismal way? I mean having a thick inside edge on a normal inswinging delivery is unimaginable. And on the second innings, Im guessing he must have had a peach of a delivery to had his stumps shattered? I mean, who in the world could defend to a ball that was on an offstump line and swinging in? SN surely couldn't have survived such deliveries, he did get out to a pad first bat lbw,which is unimaginable in cricket. Now, this is funny, after your babbling rants about fielding and craps, I mean pride, you go on to state "Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with a great technique". :-/ Weren't you the first one to discuss on the topic of techniques? And now you want to avoid it? Way to go, I guess it is crazy to talk of the great Tamim's technical faults while it is perfectly ok to point out other's flaw. So Tamim is a real gifted player with ton's of "pride" and should not be worried about his techniques whats so ever? Haven't we heard that before? You know what, lets start evaluating each player by your "pride-meter" from now on. After all, you surely know about each player's personality and character than any of us.

My message, to you is simple, keep the pretentious half @$$ "expert analysis" to yourselves. And thank god selectors wont follow on what you have to say because both SN and Bashar will be playing, whether you like it or not. As of this stage, none of the bd players are not technically improved yet for the international stage. However, I do not know about their pride factor yet, as I do not know them personally yet. But seeing as you are an expert on that field, I guess you can help out on that.

kalpurush
February 26, 2008, 02:11 AM

Wrong...Boss! It's very unlikely to beat SA by innings!!;)

Dhakablues
February 26, 2008, 02:41 AM
With a pessimist view,, the team will remain the same to give the moral boost to the player hoping that we can repeat the Mirpur heroics. As if Smith, Kallis are Gadha BAM ( Bashar, Ashraful, Mushfique) that they will repeat their mistakes. They will come only stronger in CTG. Einsteins once said only the Iditos expects a different results by doing the same thing again and again..We keep the same team and expect that things will change. Had that been the case, Kenya wouldve been the greatest team of all.. as they have the same players for the last 10 years.

With a positive view, there will be couple of changes. The selectors might balance their act by bringing back Razzaque or Enamul and dropping an extra batsman. . If its Bashar or Tamim,, thats remained to be see but it can be Bashar as Tamim is another Jamie-baby and local boy plus Local Akram's nephew.I also think that they might give Pilot the last chance as Mushfique is really not more than the ball boy these days. It serves the purpose of letting pilot a 2.5-3 day sunbathing chance and shut up for life and allows Mushfique a break to regain his confidence a bit. Other than couple of changes, I dont think there will be any changes for the Test.

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 03:29 AM
Until we deal with some of the more fundamental, structural issues at hand, stop-gap measures will continue to fail us. Generally speaking: -

Replacing ABC with XYZ won't do us any good as such instability delivered nothing substantial to date. Jaha bahanno, tahai tippanno ebong chuanno, ebong ponchanno ...

Rajin Saleh? Give me a break! Just look at his past 10 'performances' in tests. Dodgy footwork inside the crease, taking too much time to get his eye in and blocking full-tosses and half-volley before creating too much pressure on his team and himself is what he's all about. His only good FC performance came after the national bowlers left the NCL and he managed to score a 100 from like 250 balls. Compact technique my foot! Don't live in the past glory of a good innings or two, and share your pain with the rest of us. Some of us here in Dhaka have actually seen him bat of late and he has gotten worse. We're not interested in the 'Myth of Rajin' so soon after being blissfully relieved of the 'Myth of Golla'.

That said, it would be nice to see HaBa out of cricket, and GoBoy, Moyna and MaMu rested a bit so that they may regain some of the courage and composure we all fell in love with at one point or another. While they're resting, consistently improving players like Farhad and Rasel should be given a look instead of HaBa and MaMu. Pilot for GoBoy in tests and Dhiman in ODIs, and Razzak (in turning wicket) or Enam (in SBNS type wicket) instead of Moyna would be nice too. Except perhaps HaBa finally overcoming some of his delusions as his beloved test average continues to plummet further, I don't see that happening.

Foozy
February 26, 2008, 03:59 AM
Just want Rajin instead of Habibul Bashar! Thats all.
I dont care about the rest for now even though I do have concerns just because this has already gone too far!

auntu
February 26, 2008, 04:57 AM
Bashar to out. no doubt. he has nothing left with him, the way he has batted..:ticking:

We played only 3 bowlers. :o

So Razzak should b include

zainab
February 26, 2008, 08:38 AM

Right you are! From the way Siddons is talking, seems they will retain the same team which will only consist of 8 players..
Siddons is unreal!

Anher
February 26, 2008, 01:33 PM
I am finding its really hard to pick 11 man out of 17 man squad. hence i put my incomplete 2nd test squad. Out of these below six players rest of them bring 0 results for test team. Doesnt it need a miracle to beat 11 man SA team with 6 man bangladeshi squad? prepare for Innings defeat in 2nd test.

Junaid Siddique
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Khaled masud
Mohammad Rafique
Shahadat Hossain

Ishtylish cricketer
February 26, 2008, 02:23 PM
First of all, there was no twisting of logic done by me. Were you not the one to quote that Tamim is filled with pretentious "pride" which would lead to magical comeback? And yes I do not know what you are talking about when you were using pretext of the word "pride". Is this the World wrestling Entertainment where "pride" has got to be the sole drive in deciding the prime candidate of a champion? Because as far as I know, WWE is quite different from cricket. You have also quoted that a good candidate for selection should also "have good characteristics" such as contribution to the team. Now my question is, are we looking for a cheerleader here or a player? And it seems you know awful lot about the player's inner character to make judgments on them. Again, are we associating WWE with cricket?

Now then, you want to avoid all these and then focus on the Technical aspects. You ask me whether I watched the game or not and then say the first inning dismissal of Tamim was a fluke. My question is, do you know anything about cricket? How the fricken hell do you call that a fluke? Are we again associating cricket with WWE? I guess Steyn must have bowled an illegal delivery, or why else would our ever so talented Tamim get out in such a dismal way? I mean having a thick inside edge on a normal inswinging delivery is unimaginable. And on the second innings, Im guessing he must have had a peach of a delivery to had his stumps shattered? I mean, who in the world could defend to a ball that was on an offstump line and swinging in? SN surely couldn't have survived such deliveries, he did get out to a pad first bat lbw,which is unimaginable in cricket. Now, this is funny, after your babbling rants about fielding and craps, I mean pride, you go on to state "Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with a great technique". :-/ Weren't you the first one to discuss on the topic of techniques? And now you want to avoid it? Way to go, I guess it is crazy to talk of the great Tamim's technical faults while it is perfectly ok to point out other's flaw. So Tamim is a real gifted player with ton's of "pride" and should not be worried about his techniques whats so ever? Haven't we heard that before? You know what, lets start evaluating each player by your "pride-meter" from now on. After all, you surely know about each player's personality and character than any of us.

My message, to you is simple, keep the pretentious half @$$ "expert analysis" to yourselves. And thank god selectors wont follow on what you have to say because both SN and Bashar will be playing, whether you like it or not. As of this stage, none of the bd players are not technically improved yet for the international stage. However, I do not know about their pride factor yet, as I do not know them personally yet. But seeing as you are an expert on that field, I guess you can help out on that.

Pride led to Ganguly's come back. Micheal Clark came back to play for Australia. In the series in 1999 against Pakistan, Australia were down and out in one of the test matches when Shoaib ripped through the batting line up, Gilly came in and won Australia the game. Steve Waugh after that said that's why we're australian. They play with pride. I mentioned clearly in my previous reply that if you're selected or being considered for selection it means you have some talent but your ability to field, bowl in addition to batting can only help your cause. What does WWE have to do with anything? Once again you fail to understand my point but I am not here to say rubbish like you. Degrading someone who brings more energy and enthusiasm and calling them cheerleaders is pretty gruesome. Last time I checked Tamim was in the Asian All Stars team. He won games for us ie. in the world cup against India at the age of 17, albeit in ODIs but he showed the world we belong. Even in his short tenure at test level he was involoved in the longest test opening partnership in NZ with Junaid. Most times he makes runs. Bashar, SN have nothing to show for. Bashar and SN are according to you better players than Tamim at this point? HB will play because he's retiring and getting sympathy from selectors. Technique is necessary for those who rely on it to score runs, if you're play at 3, 4 and you have bad technique that's not acceptable. Tamim is more of a instinctual player in the Gilchrist, Jayasuriya mould. They need to have just enough to survive. Their best form of defence is attack. If Jayawardene gets out because of his bad technique he will hear from the coach it a lot more than Sanath because there's greater responsibility on his shoulder. To guys like Gilly, Sanath, technique is secondary. SN has been out of form since Champions trophy. Back then Ashraful said that he only makes runs against lesser teams. HB has the most experience out of all the players and he was swing at wide balls. Everyone has weaknesses but if you're playing at crucial position of 3 and 4 you have to have solid technique. I mean Aftab put his head down and batted according to situation what did HB and SN do? There's no excuse for those guys especially if you're getting the prized positions. Rajin, Kayes, Kapali, Nazzimuddin, Mamudullah all made runs in the NCL why is it then none of them are playing? Even the commentators empathized for Tamim's out. SN is an opener why is he playing in middle order? Doesn't make sense. Don't need fat players. If you look at australia they have players who can bat, bowl and field and are athletic. Getting out of inside edge is off a fast bowler is very rare. I know enough cricket to say that inside edge out to a fast bowler is a fluke like AB getting out to Dooshraful.

SS
February 26, 2008, 04:29 PM
"Ultra" Non performers need to step down for next test, get some vacation, go to in laws house to have some good food and relieve us and the country from agony.
Aftab scored 40's. But Mashrafee, what about him. If you are not feeling well or concentrate... why play. Notify the team or coach immediately. Rasel can play for him for one test. Tamim again became inconsistent, it's like only three to four players max are playing the game, rest is there just occupying the team.
Not sure brining Raz or Rajin(!) might help. In seven years, we failed to develop a quality batsmen who can come in the middle and also failed to find a good pacers who can cover for Mashrafee. What our selectors, officials, BCB doing nowadays? Where is our A teams, I haven't heard any arrangements for crickets where you can test out prospects who can join national team in future.

Second test will be repeat of the first one, and this time it will end withing three days. SA already got accustomed with our bowling. Not all days Shahadat and Rafique will save us.

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
This is the big politics done by our management and selectors. They don't have any A team tour. Cuase then it will be FOKFOKA that who is doing well and who wont. Which will reduce their way of income. Because I think they get 10% of every match fee from those who gets selected by the back door... So why even do harm to your way of income? and thats' why there is no A team...

tiger_club
February 26, 2008, 05:23 PM
Guys, line up for the 2nd test will remain the same..thanks Siddion.. we'll loose by an innings for sure.. Well Done!!

bdchamp20
February 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
Junaid
Tamim
Mushfiq
Ashraful
Aftab
Bashar
Shakib
Mashrafe
Rafique
Rajjak
Shahadat

KnightBD
February 26, 2008, 05:55 PM
So whats the final 11? any insiders news Miraz bhai???

Sovik
February 26, 2008, 06:14 PM
replace haba with rajin and give pilot another chance

Ishtylish cricketer
February 27, 2008, 08:51 AM
replace haba with rajin and give pilot another chance

ditto. Play Pilot as a batsman. He was a consistent performer in NCL, plus he actually leaves balls unlike many of our batsman.

auntu
February 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
Guys, line up for the 2nd test will remain the same..thanks Siddion.. we'll loose by an innings for sure.. Well Done!!

Im also feeling same way. BD has a history like this before.

But still hope for the best :flag:

djnaved
February 27, 2008, 04:58 PM
for sure haba r mushfique ke badh na dile bd test match jitbo nah

pocha
February 27, 2008, 05:06 PM
for sure haba r mushfique ke badh na dile bd test match jitbo nah

I agree. Haba goba should retire and sonar chele should go back to domestic FC matches. With these two changes we cant do any worse.

nsd3
February 28, 2008, 05:03 AM
Final team announced:
Tamim, Zunaed, SN, Ashraful, Rajin, Aftab, Shakib, Mushfiq, Rafiq, Mashrafi, Rajib, Razzak.

Bowling with 3 bowlers Plus Shakib/Ashraful could be mighty hard. Perhaps Siddons is thinking about grooming this 11 as a consistent team with more focus on our all time weak batting. Once we can show some batting maturity he might move on adding 4th regular bowler in the 11 (also depending on where each match is played). Let's hope for the best.

Nocturnal
February 28, 2008, 06:16 AM
Final team announced:
Tamim, Zunaed, SN, Ashraful, Rajin, Aftab, Shakib, Mushfiq, Rafiq, Mashrafi, Rajib, Razzak.

Bowling with 3 bowlers Plus Shakib/Ashraful could be mighty hard. Perhaps Siddons is thinking about grooming this 11 as a consistent team with more focus on our all time weak batting. Once we can show some batting maturity he might move on adding 4th regular bowler in the 11 (also depending on where each match is played). Let's hope for the best.

Rajin would be 12th man in my team...he is a good fielder and I would like to see Razzak in the eleven.

nizam93
February 28, 2008, 07:17 AM
Is it true that Sajidul is coming instead of Basher?

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 08:46 AM
Batting Order: -

1. Tamim: expecting a 50.

2. BiZu: expecting another 50.

3. Ash: expecting another Chittagonian innings from him. I still remember his test tons there, not to mention the 263 in the NCL.

4. Abir: expecting at least 30 from our favorite minnow-basher. Hats off to him for losing weight, quitting smoking, becoming more compact defensively, improved footwork and GOOD FIELDING for once!

5. Aftab: expecting a 50.

6. Moyna: expecting our new Kapali to de-Kapalify himself and reach his initial target of 15 runs.

7. GoBoy: double figures will be good! Let's start with 10 first.

8. Rafiq: wickets baby, and some runs in the 20s would be nice too.

9. MaMu: no expectations, especially with the bat.

10. Razzak: see Rafiq.

11. Rajib: more please!

Miraz
February 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
Rajin will replace Bashar in the playing XI.

Razzak wil be the 12th man.

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 08:57 AM
Rajin will replace Bashar in the playing XI.

Razzak wil be the 12th man.

Bummer if that's true, we still need 20 wickets to compete better ... :(

Miraz
February 28, 2008, 09:06 AM

Rajin's off spin isn't that bad.

sadi
February 28, 2008, 09:11 AM
You know what Razzak can bat and can easily score 10-20 runs. They will make a mistake if they go with Rajin here. Rajin is pretty good but we need a 4th bowler. Anyways, lets hope for the best. Go Bangladesh!!

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2008, 09:15 AM
I would have prefered Abdur Razzak over Rajin. This shows the team management still is under negative mode. This pitch will not help the fast bowlers. We needed another specialist spinner. Ash is very timid. He needs to stamp his authority. I know he is only 23 but he is the captain. Playing the "tel mara" game will not help his team win anything.

I will change my signature because of the selectors no visionary selection.

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 09:18 AM
Rajin's off spin isn't that bad.

I think you're being generous here ... :)

Is 'isn't that bad' really good enough to play a significant part in getting 20 wickets?

Anyway, all the best to Khondokar Mohammad Rajin Saleh Alam. Besides, it's always good for Coach Siddons to have a good look at him in a real test match situation.

My expectations from him? Nothing, so anything's a bonus really.

cricman
February 28, 2008, 09:22 AM
I'd take Rajins partnership building 30's and 40's over Razzaks 1/101 and we need runs to compete hopefully a change of scenery will do Mashrafe some good and Rafiques got a 5fer left in him for his finale

WarWolf
February 28, 2008, 10:29 AM
I am really worried about the bowling. A demoralized Mash won't be much help for Rajib. I don't wanna see Rajib taking all the pressure while Mash having to be kept away from bowling due to poor bowling. IMO Mash should have been rested. I am afraid that Inclusion of Razzak won't prove its justification. He won't be able to take more than 2/3 wickets in two innings. Reza could have been a better choice here.

cricket_pagol
February 28, 2008, 10:40 AM
By taking rajin, we are trying to avoid the humiliation of scoring small totals... Rajin is a part-time bowler at best. Hopefully, our three bowlers can cope with the extra pressure and not leak too many runs...

WarWolf
February 28, 2008, 11:10 AM
By taking rajin, we are trying to avoid the humiliation of scoring small totals... Rajin is a part-time bowler at best. Hopefully, our three bowlers can cope with the extra pressure and not leak too many runs...
I am still not convinced about Rajin. He likes to play across the line and is always a good candidate for LBW against incoming deliveries. Steyn or Morkel are smart enough to capitalize it.

On bowling, I am really not impressed about his bowling. Going with only one fit pace bowler is one of biggest risk they could ever take. If hope Shahadat Rajib won't be in injury to take extra pressure.

Yet as the team is final let's hope for the best. Rajin, prove me wrong please.

Ehsan
February 28, 2008, 11:22 AM
I am fine with Rajin's batting, he can move around his bat to stick and build some partnership. However, I think we should have played Razzak instead of Sakib. We need to get 20 wickets. But as some people are predicting the pitch would be a batting pitch, it may justified Sakib's inclusion.

abu2abu
February 28, 2008, 11:26 AM
Realistically it had to be rajin. regardless of where they bat you can't replace Bashar with razzak. Let's be realistic, look at razzak's stat, he's no batsman.

An extra bowler would be ideal, but we can't afford such a luxury when we fail to post total in excess of 200! batting must come first. We lost the first test due to poor batting not poor bowling...

Ehsan
February 28, 2008, 11:35 AM
abu2abu, I don't think anybody asked to replace Bashar with Razzak. I think most people would agree that we should have replaced Sakib with Razzak. We don't have genuine all-rounders to play in test, that's why we should go with specialists. But as I said before it may be a batting pitch, and I believe looking at our batting failure selectors sticked with Sakib. Now, we are going to see the failure of our bowlers (along with usual failure of our batsmen) because not only we are one bowler short but the pitch is also unfriendly for bowlers. This was tight decision, I would not call it wrong or right, if I was a selector then I would have had a hard time picking one. But since they have included Razzak in the Squad, I think the final 11 may depend on how the pitch looks like just before toss.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2008, 11:51 AM
Razzak's been reported to have added a bit of variation to his bowling in the nets (from Rafique's quote in another thread). Whether they decide to pick him in the playing XI tonight or not, he WILL become the best spinner in the country in all three versions of the game (I think he's already the best in the shorter ones) and retain the position for years. Enamul, Karimul, Johirul are all haater moyla compared to this guy. I remember when he started playing international cricket, people mocked him, and they weren't wrong in their criticism. He was yet another toothless addition to our useless bowling attack.

Look where he is today. If there's anyone who will surpass Rafique or any sla ever to have played test cricket, it will be him.

Ehsan
February 28, 2008, 11:59 AM
Didn't rafique name another guy who has the ability to take over his place? I think Rafique also took into account the batting part, or else Razzak would have made his list I guess.

sadi
February 28, 2008, 12:01 PM
We are making the same mistake here as the selectors did with Rafique few years ago lebeling him "One day specialist". He is a very smart cricketer and can make the transition here.

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
abu2abu, I don't think anybody asked to replace Bashar with Razzak. ...
I did want that to happen. Mathatey onek buddhi tai. Ghumano'r shomai khuilay rakhtey hoi. Since we need miracle to win, it is Abdur Razzak or Enam who could/would deliver the miracle not Rajin at Chittagong.

Ehsan
February 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
Huh? You would play Sakib ahead of Rajin as a batsman in Test? I really think we are ignoring and overlooking Rajin's capability. Remember how Rajin played against Pak in Pak? Even the Pakistani fans wanted to have him for Test.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2008, 12:22 PM
Didn't rafique name another guy who has the ability to take over his place? I think Rafique also took into account the batting part, or else Razzak would have made his list I guess.

Mosharraf Hossain. I'm really interested to see what this guy's capable of.

kalpurush
February 28, 2008, 12:39 PM
Boss, we still needs some runs to give bowlers some sort of chance...
I wished Farhad instead of Rajin though!:)

kalpurush
February 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
I am really worried about the bowling. A demoralized Mash won't be much help for Rajib. I don't wanna see Rajib taking all the pressure while Mash having to be kept away from bowling due to poor bowling. IMO Mash should have been rested. I am afraid that Inclusion of Razzak won't prove its justification. He won't be able to take more than 2/3 wickets in two innings. Reza could have been a better choice here.
Ditto:up:

kalpurush
February 28, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sakib, Aftab and Ash is there to take out some extra pressure...I guess.

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
Junaid
Tamim
Shahriar
Ashraful(c)
Mushfiq(wk)
Aftab
Shakib
Mashrafe
Rafique
Rajjak
Shahadat

sandpiper
February 28, 2008, 01:09 PM
so, Rajin is still uncertain ?? :umm:

SS
February 28, 2008, 02:34 PM
How much fun we will get again today...another batsmen short to make a room for another SLA.
When our top 5 batsmen can't score 200, this is the only solution. But three SLA what they will all do with their monotonous bowling. I have a feeling that SA will easily pick up them and they will be ineffective in matter of time. Mashrafee and Mushfiq got lucky. If their mind is somewhere, why waste two spots for the team. So basically all the stats compiled by TE bhai and others for NCL went in vain. So what's the point of arraning cricket league if our selected national players get free ticket.

Eshen
February 28, 2008, 02:43 PM
I would definitely pick four specialist bowlers for the next match. My team would be -

SN
Zunaed
Tamim
Ashraful
Aftab
Mushfiq
Shakib
Razzak
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat

WarWolf
February 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
Whatever we may talk here, everything will depend on top orders; specially the two openers. I don't see a single chance of resistance from our side if none of the openers can stay in the wicket for a long time in both innings.

FagunerAgun
February 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
I think this should be the squad,

Javed Omar
Junaed Siddique
Shahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful (c)
Saqibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Mohammad Rafique
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque jnr

I like this one....I think JO is simply a victim of politics. Aftab is not ready for any Test match.

Beamer
February 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
I would definitely pick four specialist bowlers for the next match. My team would be -

SN
Zunaed
Tamim
Ashraful
Aftab
Mushfiq
Shakib
Razzak
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat

This is exactly what I will play. Even the order is right in my mind at this point. Tamim just got back from injury and picked up two very bad scores. I will send him one down to protect him a little bit provided the openers give us a decent start. Mushy should bat at no.6. He is out of sorts and should be sent knowing there is a bit of batting to follow. Lets see. One thing we can't do is to go with three bowlers.

Nafi
February 28, 2008, 03:45 PM
I dont know why we are using such few bowlers. though i have to say shahadat is in amazing form, sakib is doing ok, and rafique seems to be on good form too.

sandpiper
February 28, 2008, 03:45 PM
this team seems plausible to me now. But I would like Sakib at 6, then Mushfiq, Rafiq and others.

SN
Zunaed
Tamim
Ashraful
Aftab
Mushfiq
Shakib
Razzak
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat

roaring tigerz
February 28, 2008, 04:16 PM
Bring in Sajedul. If S.A score 500 we lose the game anyways. Its also been proven time and again, if 6 batsmen won't do it the 7th one won't make an iota of difference.

Dhakablues
February 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
Dude,, the names of the playing 12 is already published, where did Sajidul come from? And SA scoring 500 for 1st innings in CTG wicket ?? I dont think the wicket will be that good...

akabir77
February 28, 2008, 05:01 PM
Dude,, the names of the playing 12 is already published, where did Sajidul come from? And SA scoring 500 for 1st innings in CTG wicket ?? I dont think the wicket will be that good...

didn't India scored 600+ there?

WarWolf
February 28, 2008, 11:35 PM
We are definitely one pacer short (unable to take Mash into account for his poor performance). I am afraid this would hurt us most.

abu2abu
February 29, 2008, 04:38 AM
To all of you who wanted the extra bowler, there we have it, Razzak instead of rajin and what good has it done us?!

These are the stats for razzak and shakib having bowled a simialr number of overs:
Abdur Razzak 11 0 53 0 4.81
Shakib Al Hasan 10 3 33 0 3.30

From the looks of it there's something to the suggestion that shakib is a speacialist spinner. Razzak's a fine one day player, but from the looks of it shakib is a superior test spinner...