PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ODI Gwalior-Australia-51-0 after 7 overs!

oracle
October 26, 2003, 09:44 AM
Another day in the office for the aussies. No total for them is formidable or frightening. Just plain run machines, everyone of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/3215511.stm

Openers Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden got Australia's innings off to a rapid start in Gwalior in reply to India's daunting 283-5.

The visitors motored along to 51-0 after seven overs, with Gilchrist unbeaten on 34 and Hayden 14 not out.

Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman earlier hit centuries to propel India to an impressive total.

Tendulkar hit 100, with nine fours and a six, as he notched his 35th ODI ton.

He shared in a partnership of 191 with VVS Laxman who cracked nine boundaries in his 102.

Nathan Bracken claimed three wickets, but Australia's inexperienced bowling attack struggled after stand-in India skipper Rahul Dravid won the toss.

Nathan Bracken, Brad Williams, Andy Bichel and Brad Hogg were picked to lead Australia's attack in the absence of several injured bowlers.

Virender Sehwag fell in the first over, edging Nathan Bracken's third delivery to Matthew Hayden in the slips.

But Tendulkar and Laxman repaired the damage, helped by some wayward bowling.

Tendulkar dispatched Bichel for two successive fours at the end of the 11th over, and Laxman made it four in four balls at the start of the next over from Williams.

The pair made Australia suffer in the field, but Bracken returned to dismiss Tendulkar just after he had reached three figures.

Laxman and Yuvraj Singh then added another 64 runs in a flurry of boundaries, before Laxman backed up too far and was run out by Andrew Symonds.

Yuvraj fell to Williams shortly afterwards for a sparkling 44, including six fours and a six.

Ajit Agarkar boosted India's total with some lusty hitting at the end, but fell victim to Bracken with the last ball of the innings for a quickfire 22.

:wow:

Tehsin
October 26, 2003, 11:25 AM
Australia has overplayed their pacers and look at the result. They can blame Shane Warne for being so irresponsible.

Good job by Tendu and Laxman.

oracle
October 26, 2003, 12:03 PM
YepI think the aussies blew it this time. Overconfidence?
Anyway, as usual their no give up attitude percolates down to the 11th man.

By the way here in NJ I am following this game on a AM radio ( i.e a local indian am station with coverage in NY/NJ and CT). Pretty interesting, beats cricinfo anyday. I wish we had something similar going for our matches even if we don't get TV.:cool:

Tintin
October 26, 2003, 04:53 PM
By the way here in NJ I am following this game on a AM radio ( i.e a local indian am station with coverage in NY/NJ and CT).

What's the frequency ? Do you think it will be available in MA ?

oracle
October 26, 2003, 05:31 PM
Tintin,

Pls try 1680 am. As far as I know, now and then ODI with India involved are covered by them.

Don't know about MA.
http://www.ebcmusic.com:)

James90
October 26, 2003, 05:38 PM
Thank god we banned Amit

Kalbaisakhi
October 28, 2003, 12:15 PM
But India win that match.:-/:-/:-/