PDA

View Full Version : Bashar poll

Foozy
February 25, 2008, 01:56 AM
Hello everyone,
This is my first thread in BC, and also my first poll. It seems that there is no talk of Bashar being dropped or retiring whatsoever except in our forum. It also seems that some people are more concerned about the Mushfiq issue than this one.

Many of us believe that a solid player like Rajin may have more chances of holding the innings together at that spot instead of Bashar of current. We may have even won this game had we scored a few more runs. Also, when Bashar comes to the creace, many of us expect the departure very soon to create more pressure on the other batsmen.

Now I know that there are already tons of Bashar bashing threads out there, but I just wanted to have a poll here to see how many people (if any) in BC actually think Bashar should still stay and we still need his "experience"
Thanks everyone!

WarWolf
February 25, 2008, 02:07 AM
I don't think a poll is needed here at all. You probably will see more than 90% would like to see him going forever.

Foozy
February 25, 2008, 02:10 AM
Ya, but I still wonder if anyone would want him to still be in the squad, that would be interesting. I would like to know why they would think that...
I want to know their way of thinking too...

BD-Shardul
February 25, 2008, 03:28 AM
I would have voted if the KHAMBA was opened by one of the selectors. Unfortunately the KHAMBA opener is poor fan like me :(

Roni_uk
February 25, 2008, 08:28 AM
what is the point of this poll? he will be back again in the second test and any other future test BD will play... he is like an old chewing gum... once stuck, its stuck forever!!!! and untill he is out, we will have to accept the fact that we have only 10 players in the team.

Alien
February 25, 2008, 08:34 AM
Man, this is a fan's hangout. I bet none of the selectors have logged in here (or the players) to see that no one wants him. Unfortunately may I add.

zainab
February 25, 2008, 09:00 AM
The decision to drop useless Bashar is not in the fans' control, it is dumb selectors and Siddons. Are they blind to see that Bashar was absolutely useless in NZ and here also.
He is extra baggage, only occupying a spot that should be given to a well deserved player.
I have a feeling he will be dropped for the second test. I hope Siddons pressure the selectors who want him in the team. I am surprised that Siddons went along with this terrible mistake that the selectors made.
Also, Tamim should have been rested, he is out of form and unsure, maybe his thumb has not healed properly. He did nothing also, so 2 places were wasted. How could BD had won this match, also Mash was useless, so they played with 3 players short, infact only 8 players. SA played with 12 players including Buchnor.
Yet, they managed to lose by 5 wickets which IMO was not bad at all, given the odds BD were given.

Ehsan
February 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
I have a feelin that Reza may replace Bashar. Shakib could be replace by another full time spinner. I wish they give Masri a well deserve break, and play sajjadul.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 09:52 AM
The guy who spots Junaid and bets his career/contract over it, I can't concur that he can not gauge Bashar's failures. Yes, I am talking about Siddons. It is the Selectors who are adament to keep him there. They are the one who flew him to NZ promising to strengthen BD batting lineup.

I understand the continuity of having the same team. However, with players who can not contribute, or with players sidelined with better contribution rate, I am certain change is necessary in this team. Two/three changes can make this team a potential giant killer.

You make changes for continuous improvement. Not a whole lot of change. Just tweaking here and there.

ripon
February 25, 2008, 10:06 AM
he's not needed any more in the team, he should be gone for good. We have given the guy many chances to prove that he can do something good for team but het he has failed to impress the team, against Australia, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and South Africa. It is time to stop this idiotic type of selection of Bashar, we must end it now! Yes he has done somthing good for the team in the past, but thats the past and this is the future, the guys gotta go!!!

desirocker
February 25, 2008, 11:50 AM
Why do the selector even pick him. R they morons or what?

lamisa
February 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Man, this is a fan's hangout. I bet none of the selectors have logged in here (or the players) to see that no one wants him. Unfortunately may I add.

oh, they r way to shameless to care!

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
I would have voted this option if there was one like it

"he should have retired after the last test"

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 12:45 PM
I would have voted this option if there was one like it

"he should have retired after the last test"
Why? let me guess. Because it would be unfair for the one who will replace him to have a one shot and go? lol, With the string of performance HB is showing anyone coming for him would perform better overall. Fielding, batting and if necessary bowling.

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 01:37 PM
Why? let me guess. Because it would be unfair for the one who will replace him to have a one shot and go? lol, With the string of performance HB is showing anyone coming for him would perform better overall. Fielding, batting and if necessary bowling.

no cause our selectors doesn't have guts to drop him. that's why a good person would have wanted a better bd team and hence drop/retire him self.

If he doesn't retire selectors will keep picking him...:D

Foozy
February 25, 2008, 11:53 PM
The decision to drop useless Bashar is not in the fans' control, it is dumb selectors and Siddons. Are they blind to see that Bashar was absolutely useless in NZ and here also.
He is extra baggage, only occupying a spot that should be given to a well deserved player.
I have a feeling he will be dropped for the second test. I hope Siddons pressure the selectors who want him in the team. I am surprised that Siddons went along with this terrible mistake that the selectors made.
Also, Tamim should have been rested, he is out of form and unsure, maybe his thumb has not healed properly. He did nothing also, so 2 places were wasted. How could BD had won this match, also Mash was useless, so they played with 3 players short, infact only 8 players. SA played with 12 players including Buchnor.
Yet, they managed to lose by 5 wickets which IMO was not bad at all, given the odds BD were given.

Haha, this was the best read! LOL!

Foozy
February 25, 2008, 11:56 PM

Very true bro! That is another good point made! He is the WORST fielder bd can possibly have! Just changing this one man would probably improve bd's fielding 25-50 fold!
...and have you noticed how the ball kept following him towards the end? and ofcourse there was misfield thereafter. I wonder if it was intensionally done by the SA batsmen or if it was just coincidence.

BD-Shardul
February 26, 2008, 01:42 AM
Now a days I am so pissed with Habla, Mushy and above all selestors, that whenever one of them comes into my mind, the following thing come simultaneously:

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/norica/government-blank-pistol.jpg

tiger_omar
February 26, 2008, 01:53 AM
Now a days I am so pissed with Habla, Mushy and above all selestors, that whenever one of them comes into my mind, the following thing come simultaneously:

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/norica/government-blank-pistol.jpg

Is that gun to shoot at Mushfiq, Bashar and the selectors or to shoot at yourself :lol:?

al Furqaan
February 26, 2008, 02:09 AM
i really think that bashar might actually get dropped before the 2nd Test. and if that doesn't happen, i think 95% chance he will be axed for good after this current series.

the selectors are dumb and cowardly, but they also know that to keep their jobs or to avoid a backlash, they need to exert some sort of cranial activity. thus even this incompetant selection panel will show bashar the door.

bashar, who seems to lack self respect more than anyone i know, if he had his way, but the time he "decides" to retire on his own would have a Test batting average of around 15.

WarWolf
February 26, 2008, 02:55 AM
Why is Bashar a dumb one? Why would such a respected player loose self-respect?

BD-Shardul
February 26, 2008, 03:06 AM
Is that gun to shoot at Mushfiq, Bashar and the selectors or to shoot at yourself :lol:?

If it is towards me, then it is toy pistol.:lol:

But if it is towards Habla, Selectors or Mushy, then it is a real pistol.:-D

Foozy
February 26, 2008, 04:02 AM
i really think that bashar might actually get dropped before the 2nd Test. and if that doesn't happen, i think 95% chance he will be axed for good after this current series.

the selectors are dumb and cowardly, but they also know that to keep their jobs or to avoid a backlash, they need to exert some sort of cranial activity. thus even this incompetant selection panel will show bashar the door.

bashar, who seems to lack self respect more than anyone i know, if he had his way, but the time he "decides" to retire on his own would have a Test batting average of around 15.

Honestly, even if Bashar is picked for the next match, I would pray that he does NOT score anything big! Its better to have one sad match and him getting the boot, than for the stupid selectors to find another excuse to make him play another 50 matches! :sick:

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 04:08 AM
Unless it's a cruel exercise in Sarc 101, some folks STILL expecing HaBa to 'get his form back' are lost in nothing short of pathological optimism. We have had too much 'experience' with his streaky runs and compulsions to through basic footwork out the proverbial window. The less said about his hooking and pulling, the better! He used to be the ONLY ONE getting runs for us despite those flaws but NO MORE! Like with all things, his good fortune(s) with the bat finally ran dry.

The sooner we ALL get used to these facts, the better. National interest should supercede rank sentimentality, alga matobbori, and the collective ego of Tiger Mama and his Biriyani Boys. Or Should!

auntu
February 26, 2008, 05:02 AM
playin n misses..... bash story

WarWolf
February 26, 2008, 05:36 AM
It could have been interesting to know who went for choice 3.:-D

BD-Shardul
February 26, 2008, 06:14 AM
I voted for other ideas for the following reason: :-D

Tigers_eye bhai er bet beshorom manushder jonno kono punishment i na. Do you guys wanna know what punishment a beshorom guy deserve? Nanga koira (with underwear), tarpor Kane dhoira pura full house statium e ghurano.

Now if some one is bishwo beshorom, you need to take the underwear too.

I hope I don't get banned for what I have suggested. Now a day's I find my anger going to uncontrollable stage when I see Habibul Bashar.

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 07:03 AM
BDS, please don't take this the wrong way. I empathize with your anger and frustration, but all this business about 'shooting' people or spanking their bare a$$es and more crosses the line of dark humor and good taste IMHO. There's no reason as to why you should listen to what I'm saying, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you don't cross that line and maintain your depth ... :)

I am someone who NEVER thought much of HaBa with because of his cricket. But let's stick to what he does, or more appropriately, doesn't do, rather than attacking his person so violently.

Thanks.

Protic
February 26, 2008, 07:05 AM
Ok.. guys.. :\ the team wont be changed.. they will play the same team.

auntu
February 26, 2008, 07:36 AM
Ok.. guys.. :\ the team wont be changed.. they will play the same team.

what? :o

3 bowlers again?:hairpull:

zainab
February 26, 2008, 07:42 AM
From what Siddons is saying, it seems that no one will be dropped. I cannot believe that he is also blind. He does not not want to change anyone at the moment.

What an idiot! Idiots for selectors and now idiot for a coach. I thought he had more intelligence than this.