PDA

View Full Version : Raqibul Hasan

Only1raz
February 25, 2008, 06:55 AM
In 2007 became the first Bangladeshi cricketer to score a triple hundred in first class cricket.

Scores 44 in the warm up against SA. Compared to Habibul Bashar's 11 and 2.

This is the guy to take Bashar's place and should be included in the ODI sereis against SA and Irealand.

He could be the batsman that Bangladesh have been looking for when Tamim, Junaid and Ashraful fail

kaisermatin
February 25, 2008, 06:58 AM
who knows? may be, may be not!

nsd3
February 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
If any1 to take Bashar's place - it might be someone who has been knocking the door longer than Raqibul. That player is Nazimuddin.

tiger_army
February 25, 2008, 07:57 AM
why dont we try Rajin Sakeh instead of Bashar here.....i dont like to c any newcomers in this series anymore...

We shud try Aussie algorithm in bringing up new player--
First TRY them in 20-20
IF they r doing ok
THEN MOVE them to ODI
IF they r doing ok
THEN MOVE them to TEST.

Fahim
February 25, 2008, 09:22 AM
Who the heck is Rajin Sakeh man? /:)
never heard of this guy! :-/

amra_korbo_joy
February 25, 2008, 09:37 AM
In 2007 became the first Bangladeshi cricketer to score a triple hundred in first class cricket.

Scores 44 in the warm up against SA. Compared to Habibul Bashar's 11 and 2.

This is the guy to take Bashar's place and should be included in the ODI sereis against SA and Irealand.

He could be the batsman that Bangladesh have been looking for when Tamim, Junaid and Ashraful fail

I agree with you. He has got character and skill to play test. I think Raqibul and Razzak/Enamul both should be in and Bashar and Nafees( out of form) should be out.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 09:44 AM
He needs to perform couple of more years with the A team, Academy team and in the domestic cricket before even being considered as a National player.

Otherwise Jei lau shai kodu. Here and there a mediocre 30+, 40+ or even a 50, but mostly in single digit or teens. Averaging less than 20 or 25. Nothing special. Been there, done that too many times.

abu2abu
February 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
Rajin should play. Nazimuddin's rubbish. I don't believe all this stuff about him being technically "sound". A technically sound batsman would not repeatedly get out lbw in T20 games!

Only1raz
February 25, 2008, 10:33 AM
Rajin should play. Nazimuddin's rubbish. I don't believe all this stuff about him being technically "sound". A technically sound batsman would not repeatedly get out lbw in T20 games!

I definitely agree with you Nazimuddin’s rubbish, I don’t like this guy. I think his another Alok Kapali/Mehrab Hossain jnr/Tushar Imran, players who can’t and won’t be able to perform at the top level.
But I disagree that Rajin should get the spot because I think he is out of form.
Along with a few others that i could name.
Raqibul Hasan is a great talent and has everything to be a big succesful Bangladeshi batsman.
another player to watch out for is Naeem Islam

bdchamp20
February 25, 2008, 10:58 AM
Raquibul is a much better option than either Saleh or Nazimuddin, I think when Bashar retires he'd do a good job at no. 3..but we must not rush him we should send him to play with the Academy and the A team and when he has experienced different pitches around the world he can come in to the team if there is noone better than him at that time

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 11:11 AM
For all those prospect to chose from make sure they know the meaning of consistency. If they can not perform consistantly in lower levels (domestic, A team, academy teams) they can not perform in test or ODIs consistantly. Do not rush newbies. let them learn how to enjoy the game first. At the same time they will learn how to play the game (with patience).

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 11:26 AM
why are we guessing? its because of our management who runs cricket. Why haven't theymanged A tours regularly? We have some players in the pipe line but we are not sure whether he will be good or bad. And thats' becuase we never tried them in other condition against better players. NTL is no place for testing out players. If Rakibul or anyother players that have done better (for example a wk kp) in A team tours then the coach or selector could pick them up from there without any trouble. but now they have to guess who is what. this is not good for Cricket in bangladesh

Gowza
February 25, 2008, 05:06 PM
there are a number of players who would do a better job than bashar e.g. ehsanul, nazimuddin, naeem islam, raqibul hasan, reza, saleh, gazi salahuddin, imrul the list could go on and on. but i think raqibul isn't ready atm, if someone is to replace bashar in the recent future it should be either saleh, reza, ehsanul or nazimuddin. let's also not forget siddons in NZ wanted ashraful to become the teams #3.

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 05:33 PM
Which Rakibul are we talking about ? The buira Rokibul na masum Bachha Rokibul?
If Buira, then Alhamdullilah. Bashar will be like a kid playing with him.
If Masum Rokibul, is he any better than what we have in the final 14?

cricket_pagol
February 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
waiting for raqibul to join the national in the near future... I feel that he will be a very reliable middle order batsman.

dash
February 25, 2008, 07:31 PM
non stop supply of 20 year old will do no good. except destroying the talent. he should gain experience then think about trying out

BagherBacha
February 25, 2008, 08:46 PM
he will be one of the best middle order batsman if bsb nurture him well, let him play for A team for 2 yrs or so

Ishtylish cricketer
February 25, 2008, 08:51 PM
I wanted to open a thread regarding Raqibul Hassan. If he can make 300 at a FC level that would mean either the opposition was para cricket bowlers ie. bad quality or if that's not the case than he's talented. Really what have we got to lose? Anyone, including myself could be an upgrade over HB. Plus he did ok during the tour match against SA. I say bring him in. Also, SN should be kicked out as well. Bring in Nazimuddin, Rajin or Kayes in his place. I think people should leave Alok Kapali alone and let him develop his game and bring him in when he's 25-26. Although his 20/20 knock of 14 from 34 balls was nonsensical he usually shows lot of common sense in batting.

nsd3
February 25, 2008, 09:51 PM
Let Raqibul play another 300 and let him knocking at the door for 2 more years. The culture is gonna change regarding player selection. Lot of talents were destroyed by putting in young ones on the basis of few performances in the past. Clarke, I heard had to knock the selection door 2/3 years consistently before he could play in the final 11. Also changing the team frequently is not coming into the minds of selectors or team management. They would probably see the players next in line first. I don't see Raqibul next.

Murad
February 25, 2008, 09:56 PM
Let Raqibul earn his place by playing well in the upcoming A-team's tour to England in June July.

roi
February 26, 2008, 12:52 AM
Dont you know a guy name TUshar imran who scores tons of runs in 1st class matches and ducks to test match.
We dont have any other consistant replacement of Basher.

BD-Shardul
February 26, 2008, 01:48 AM
Dont you know a guy name TUshar imran who scores tons of runs in 1st class matches and ducks to test match.
We dont have any other consistant replacement of Basher.

Manush je kon duniyay ase, bhable kanna ase.

auntu
February 26, 2008, 05:38 AM
He needs more time 2 settle.
i can remember Tushar scoring double hundred n seeling dat 4 a long time.

abu2abu
February 26, 2008, 06:05 AM
I don't think it's got anything to do with age. Some players are very young and still able to play with the big boys. it's about mindset. You can be a 19 year old and have a mature outlook. Unfortunately, all our players are teenagers (and talented ones at that) and play like teenagers.

We should get a representative side (BD A or academy) to regularly take part in 4 day competition in another country (a bit like playing in the Duleep trophy a few years ago).
This would help immensely. But the competition must be tough, so busta cup or duleep or sumthing similar...

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 06:13 AM
I've seen Nirala play over the last 3 years. Last year he improved a lot and had that epic triple hundred. This year he looked very compact and sound with his technique but had some issues with temperament after getting set. He plays through the line well enough, but has a tendency to misread late swings either way and not adjust to the shifting line quick enough - often resulting in edges caught behind, at slip and in some cases, being dragged on to the stumps and bowled. Issues most of our batters have when it comes to quality attack especially on more sporting pitches. He's similar to Mehrab Jr in terms of general composure but a better stroke player and rotator of the strike from what I've seen.

I hope he, Alok Kapali, Nafees Iqbal, Imrul Kayes and GoBoy or Dhiman Ghosh form the core of our A-team, get EXTENSIVE match play there, and hopefully earn their way into the national team in their mid to late 20s. This will help them make the transition to International better and hopefully sustain success at the highest level Inshallah.

Guys with various technical issues, guys like Mohammad Nazimuddin, Nayeem Islam, Nazmus Sadat, Ghazi Salahuddin, Imtiaz Hossain, Golam and Mabud Rahman, Ehsanul Haque, Jahurul Islam, Nadif Chowdhury, Abul Bashar, MH Rubel, NH Milon and others should try to quickly correct their often footwork-related issues at the Academy level before serious exposure to A-team cricket for better psychological adjustment to the International game.