PDA

View Full Version : Should Bangladesh play more Tests?

Obelix31
February 25, 2008, 07:56 AM
What do you guys think?

http://timesonline.typepad.com/the_doosra/2008/02/should-banglade.html

tiger_army
February 25, 2008, 08:05 AM
Good post by tht crickinfo guy..........this is very much true tht we havent got enough chance to play test Cricket comparing our other opponents..BCB shud raise their voice to ICC/ otherwise we will play like this forever....

Yameen
February 25, 2008, 08:58 AM
i think there should be more test matches arranged for home matches rather than away

zainab
February 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, they should play a minimum of 8 tests per year, 4 at home and 4 away.

Now, they will practically have 8 months free before they play another test which is bad. BCD should let them play more 4 day games at home, they have to play the longer version game at home and arrange other 4 day games with other countries.
This is the only way they can play in test matches. 20/20 and 50 overs will not help them in the longer format of the game.

Ajfar
February 25, 2008, 10:50 AM
n based on the calender...next time we play test..it will be against SA again..i think in decemberr

zainab
February 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
n based on the calender...next time we play test..it will be against SA again..i think in decemberr

I thought that NZ will visit. I think I read it on the ICC future tours. This is bad news for BDand playing in SA , they will be beaten badly, wickets are very bouncy.

arifur81
February 25, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yes, they should play a minimum of 8 tests per year, 4 at home and 4 away.

Now, they will practically have 8 months free before they play another test which is bad. BCD should let them play more 4 day games at home, they have to play the longer version game at home and arrange other 4 day games with other countries.
This is the only way they can play in test matches. 20/20 and 50 overs will not help them in the longer format of the game.

Yes bruv I agree but where are you going to find the sponsors, didn't you read the news how BD straggled to find a sponsors for this series and although they have got wardi but they even did not paid the original tender price.

bdchamp20
February 25, 2008, 11:47 AM
Should Bangladesh play more tests? Hell Yeah!!!

lamisa
February 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
well yea they should but as mentioned by arifur,where the hell do we get sponsors from?btw,how much did warid pay?

betaar
February 25, 2008, 12:16 PM
Bangladesh should definitely play for tests, no question but it should be planned in way so it boosts our confidence not dampen it. We should play atleast 2/3rd of our test at home and 1/3rd away. Just imagine, the difference it could've made if we played NZ at Mirpur right after their horrific performance in SA.

I know that FTP (F'ed up Tour Plan) is preplanned by ICC which is later alterred by the big boys of cricket and Bangladesh has no control who they play, but at least our board can ask ICC to arrange most of tests at home. Once the confidence has been boosted and the desired maturity of our infant cricketers gained, we can definitely turn that confidence earned from local wins into away success.

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 12:26 PM
if there r no test then BD should arrange TEST for A teams. Put some NTL in there and keep them in the loop. so that they don't feel its 7 month gap or anything. I am sure if you pay and TEST nation will agree to send their A team and then we can arrange one or two visit. but I am not that for A team travel cause they will lose which will not help. instead we should invite A teams and beat them in home condition to build our mentality and our future players too.

kaisermatin
February 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
yes yes yes. nothing to be disheratened about this failure. we didn't get the mental training yet to handle this kind of situation. also some cheating was there? how did mushfik get out although the ball did not contact the bat? some body from the SA team made the contact noise? there are tricks in their sleeves that we will never know....But the batsmen needs to overcome their emotional batting in tests. Zunaid did wonderful and was mostly composed. Aftab tried his best. But Sakib was like a graveyaed stone'.... did not score runs.... did not move his feet.

pocha
February 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss. No question about it.

reyme
February 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
YES. But only with NEUTRAL umpires. If not, play with TV umpires, or Machine Umpire with Hawk Eye. we dont need Peter Parker, Bucknor, Ashoka, et. all, these are all bunch of crooks

zainab
February 25, 2008, 02:01 PM
Simon Taufel is one of the best.

Yameen
February 25, 2008, 06:49 PM
definitely should be playing more tests..since there is quite lengthy gap for the next test match, maybe it could be an idea to send some of the frontline players on the A team tour to england in the summer, would do them a lot of good playing a few FC games against decent opposition in different conditions, what do u all think?

auntu
February 26, 2008, 06:39 AM
more home series needed

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 07:23 AM
Na kheilla ki labh?!

Magar aro phasht kelas ar A-Team kiriket khyalon lagbo, heidai ashol kautha!

zainab
February 26, 2008, 07:50 AM
more home series needed

Exactly! should be emphasised on the longer version of the game. National players should be in different teams and play each other for a few months, and then there will be improvement, one of which is bowling longer spells and staying at the wicket for a longer time to boost mental endurance.

Siddons as the coach should think about this and execute it when the national team is not involved in international cricket. He has 2 years to improve this team
by a 25% margin. It could be done if he works diligently in the best interest of BD cricket.