PDA

View Full Version : Why did we lose this test?

Mahmood
February 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
1. Incompetence of the Curator
Mr. Bodiul Alam has no clue how to make a pitch. Time and over, he makes a pitch, and announces this to be a specific type and match time it totally the opposite. We needed a spin friendly wicket against a team that has good fast bowlers, what did we get? Can we please fire this guy and hire someone from Sri Lanka (like before) to make the pitches, right.

2. Worst selector ever
The team of Rafiqul, Durjoy and Akram sucks. These guys goes on whim, makes something up and immediately strongly believe it. The teams they have selected has be ridiculous and its time we put a stop to this idiocy. There is intelligence behind going into a test with 3 full time bowlers plus one all rounder.

3. Mushfiq
He may be the future, but he is definitly not the present. Please bring Pilot for the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> test.

4. Rafiq
I like him, but lets face the fact, in home ground, Enamul is much better than him. It was Enamul who gave us the first test win, not Rafiq.

5. Tamim
Please don't play unless you feel fit. The physio can only check if you can move or not, its you who has to be honest and tell the management you are not comfortable to play yet. Don't cost the country for your one day of extra salary.

6. Bashar
If you have any dignity left, please retire now, before the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> test, so that someone else can come in and help us score better than you can.

7. Masri
Leave your problems at home, don't bring it to work. Just cause your personal life sucks, does not mean your professional life can not be a success. Please grow up.

8. Steve Bucknor
He is almost 62 years old, and his calls were not up to mark on this test. His calls were wrong for both teams. However, SA has many great players and the wrong calls he made, did not hurt them as much (but it could have). It did cost us a lot. We have barely a team and when some bad calls go against key players, we have no one to make that up. Always, the bad calls hurt the weak team lot more than the stronger teams.

Miraz
February 25, 2008, 10:15 AM
Enamul would have returned with similar bowling analysis like Shakib. It's the consistency and experience of Rafiq that gives him the edge over all other current spinners.

I agree with the rest.

Ehsan
February 25, 2008, 10:18 AM
4. Rafiq
I like him, but lets face the fact, in home ground, Enamul is much better than him. It was Enamul who gave us the first test win, not Rafiq.

I would not completely agree. I think we have played enamul in a home test series after that Zimbabwe win, and I can't recall any notable performance. Rafique on the other hand can use his experience and deliver. He has taken atleast 4 wickets in this test where the pitch was pace friendly. However, I would play 2 full time spinners - Rafique and Enamul for next test.

6. Bashar
If you have any dignity left, please retire now, before the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> test, so that someone else can come in and help us score better than you can.

If Bashar sits then we can confidently go with 2 spinners, and may replace Bashar with Farhad or Rajin depending on what kind of pitch is being prepared.

7. Masri
Leave your problems at home, don't bring it to work. Just cause your personal life sucks, does not mean your professional life can not be a success. Please grow up.

Is masri really going through personal problems? Any valid reason for your suspicion? Or, are you saying that because his performance came down after marriage? I was feeling more like he needs a break because he does not look fully fit when he is bowling. He has lost the fire in him, may be a break can bring it back. I would go with Sajjadul for next test.

Ehsan
February 25, 2008, 10:23 AM
I would put Ashraful's batting as one of the reason for losing this test. Being a captain, and being blessed with such talent and ability, he should have played more responsibly specially in the first inning where he was in a hurry and in 20/20 mood.

abu2abu
February 25, 2008, 10:23 AM
Enamul would have returned with similar bowling analysis like Shakib. It's the consistency and experience of Rafiq that gives him the edge over all other current spinners.

You can't know that for sure miraz bhai! The only certain thing is that rafique is more experienced, but that doesn't mean he'd get more wickets than enamul. after all bashar is more experienced that Junaed and Shakib, yet he scored fewer runs than either of them.

Rafique got some crucial breakthroughs but just when we were hoping he'd get another he failed. It was shahadat who got us through the 1st test with anything resembling pride. we were definitely a one bowler light.

As for Mash, I thought he bowled really well just before the close of play on day 2. But the rest of the time he was rubbish. I hope he contnues to improvement in the next game. Mash does give us useful runs lower down the order. Rafique, surprisingly, didn't, even though he has plenty of experience and used to be an opener!...

Miraz
February 25, 2008, 10:34 AM
You can't know that for sure miraz bhai! The only certain thing is that rafique is more experienced, but that doesn't mean he'd get more wickets than enamul. after all bashar is more experienced that Junaed and Shakib, yet he scored fewer runs than either of them.

Rafique got some crucial breakthroughs but just when we were hoping he'd get another he failed. It was shahadat who got us through the 1st test with anything resembling pride. we were definitely a one bowler light.

I am not saying Rafique is more effective because of his experience. It's the consistency and experience combined that made Rafique superior. Shahadat claimed more wickets but Rafique kept things really tight from the other end. If someone was leaking runs from the other end, the situation could have been completely different.

Please don't compare Rafique with others, he always gave 100% and performed.

Except Zimbabwe series, I haven't seen any great or penetrative bowling spell from Enamul.

sadi
February 25, 2008, 10:46 AM
Rafiq has done well in this test match. If Enamul should play, he should play as the second spinner behind Rafiq. Rafiq did take four wickets in this game where anyone but Shahadat looked really toothless.

Mashrafee really frustates me. I agree with Mahmood bhai fully. I feel like he is going through some sorta personal problem and is not concentrating on his game. You have to see this as your job and have to give your hundred percent all the time. Maybe a break will help him get his focus back. Siddons should be really specific on what he wants from Masri.

I am sure Tamim will come back strong in this game. I guess the team management should've realized that he is short on match practice and give him some more time to recover. I can't really blame the kid. I think he was fit enough to play but wasn't ready enough.

Mahmood
February 25, 2008, 10:47 AM
Just to clear everyone, I dont know for sure if Masri has personal issues at home. But I read him interviews in newspapers where he stated he has some personal problem and that is barring him from concentrating at him game.

Ajfar
February 25, 2008, 10:52 AM
how come we dn't include rajin in the final 11...doesn't he hav a gud record of playing at home???

WarWolf
February 25, 2008, 10:55 AM
I agree with Miraz bhai. I don't think Enamul has improved as a top quality bowler. His only good performance was against Zimbabwe. He even not that much successful in domestic cricket. I don't know why; but it's evident that Enam failed to live per expectation.

WarWolf
February 25, 2008, 10:59 AM
Adding to Mahmood bhai, I think the main reason behind the failure is lack of proper planning.IMO this JS guy is doing ok. But he doesn't get necessary assistance from others; not from the board, not from the selectors or not from the players.

There is no vision in our approach towards the game. This is no cricket. Cricket means planning and going with it. Unluckily our top management ( axing JS from the list) don't know and care about it.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 11:02 AM
Just to clear everyone, I dont know for sure if Masri has personal issues at home. But I read him interviews in newspapers where he stated he has some personal problem and that is barring him from concentrating at him game.
Yes, you are correct. he is having some personal issues and trying to get through them. however, his replacement doesn't give me enough confidence unless it is Rasel. Rasel may not have pace like Sajidul but he has a head like Rafique. he will get Smith with his super slow ball every time because Smith trying to be cautious, plays Rasel in the back foot exposing his wickets.

Obviously Rafiq is far superior in the thinking game in setting up his prey than any BD bowler (in the history). Rasel is second best on that. Enam Jr. or Abdur Razzak will be huge pairing with Rafique.

Mushi got to sit (I love him but).

Habibul Bashar got to open up batting camp for U-15 year olds in Kushtia and other places right away. If Habibul Bashar plays 2nd test, then he needs to come after Mashrafe at 11. That is how a message Siddons can send to the selectors and players.

So definitely one change is necessary. Two change will do the team a great favor.

Ehsan
February 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
Now, that I hear about Masri's personal problem, I think as a vice captain and a contributing and responsible member of the team, he should step away from the next test even if selectors force him. If you know you can't focus on your game because of your personal problems, then you should not play.

zainab
February 25, 2008, 11:23 AM
In the first test match, BD played with 8 players( minus Mash, Tamim and Bashar), SA played with 12 players including Buchnor.

The odds were against them, but they did not do too badly, If they had posted a first innings total of 250+ and cruised to over 200 in the second innings, they had a chance of winning.

I hope the best team is chosen for the second test regardless of selectors favourites and they really wake up and see the situation for what it really is and dont let sentiment rule their judgement.
Bashar and Mash really need to be rested, with Bashar permanently getting the boot.

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 11:29 AM
For me its pretty simple,

Except for Junaid, SN (sort of), Aftab, Shahadat and Rafiq, all of the rest are the reason for our failure.

So go figure who are the REST.

arifur81
February 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
Why don' we just admit that our bats men does not have a clue how to play against a top order international team. Again and again we are finding an escape goat, the management, umpire or the pitch. Everything was the same for SA how come they manage to bat and ball, and even we had the advantage of playing home. According to me an international team should be able to play under any condition and on any kind of pitch. Yes performances may differ but with our team always the same results.

Eshen
February 25, 2008, 11:38 AM
The kind of favoritism our selectors (including Siddons) are showing towards certain players is really making me angry. This kind of favoritism is going to hurt us more than losing one match.

DJ Sahastra
February 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
We lost this Test because some heads just exploded when match started to look in our grasp.

samircreep
February 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
1. Team composition was wrong. Sakib is not an all rounder, he's a batsman who can bowl a bit. Sakib plays the same role as Rajin: he's an anchor around which the team can build around. It hurts me to see him bat at 7, he can contribute zilch there. He should bat at 5 so that Aftab or a strokemaker can come after him and play shots, secure in the knowledge that the other end will be held up.

2. Pitch didn't crumble as we expected. In fact, after day 2, the pitch didn't crumble at all. Almost all the batsmen started playing on the front foot which negated any problems that could arise from low bounce. The pitch was pretty slow as well and hence any spin was very easily negated of the backfoot as well. De villiers inning was an example of that.

3. tamim should not have played. He looked well short of match fitness. His second dismissal was an example of how he struggled to even pick the correct length.

4. This is related to point no 1. We lacked another strike bowler. We have one extra batter in this team (Shumon) and we either need a genuine allrounder (reza) or an out and out bowler (rajjak/sajid).

5. Shumon

6. SA bowled and batted remarkably in the second innings. The bowlers, esp kallis, esp got the ball reversing much like Shadat did in the second innings while the batters finally got their footwork right and stayed predominantly on the front foot and defended with the bat in front of the bat, and not adjacent to the pad as is conventional defence. Makes a big difference on pitches like this.

In defense of umpires: both had a fair game. To those who weren't at the field, I would say every single dismissal (except rafique's and Prince's) looked out to me while sitting right behind the umpires. It's one thing to watch the decisions on tv at slo mo, quite something else to judge live.

In defence of Mushfiq: he had a great game behind the stumps and had an unlucky decision going against him. we should persist.

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 11:45 AM
Rafiq!!! r u kidding? he was the only thing going for us.

Mash er shomasha onno jaygay. He is scared. Look at his protection when he comes to bat in a low slow pitch? i mean number 11 shahadat doesn't have that much protection. and the way he jumps out to the leg side tells me he is very scared of the bowlers and thats causing his down fall in his bowling. This needs to get fixed before we can find our old mash...

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 11:47 AM
In defence of Mushfiq: he had a great game behind the stumps and had an unlucky decision going against him. we should persist.

Bro he missed at least two stumping which could have made the difference also he never went for one catch which dropped short in front of the 1st slip but thats the area a keeper suppose to jump and try to get to the ball and he never even tried that...:doh:

abu2abu
February 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
I am not saying Rafique is more effective because of his experience. It's the consistency and experience combined that made Rafique superior. Shahadat claimed more wickets but Rafique kept things really tight from the other end. If someone was leaking runs from the other end, the situation could have been completely different.

Please don't compare Rafique with others, he always gave 100% and performed.

Except Zimbabwe series, I haven't seen any great or penetrative bowling spell from Enamul.

You may be right about enamul. but we won't know how well he's doing unless he's given a good run in the side. that probably won't be until after rafique retires.

As for Rafique always giving 100%, that's not true. Rafiqe bowled poorly against Sri lanka last year (2 wickwets in 3 innings) and the selectors were disappointed with his lack of application in the NCL which is why he was left out of the NZ series...

desirocker
February 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
we lost the test because of some jackass*..(I'm not getting banned i hope)
#1 is Habla Bashar. (Goru kore gorur Dudher ad)
#2 is SN..( I still believe in him, he needs 2 see a psychologist)
#3 Mushfiqur Rahim (what not can i say)
#4 all other batsmen

samircreep
February 25, 2008, 12:01 PM
Both stumping chances were not easy. But i would agree that he should have done better at placing the slippers closer, esp after seeing SA's mistakes. But ash as skipper should shoulder some responsibility too. My point is since Pilot has already announced that he's leaving, there's no point in picking him. My opinion is we should continue to invest in Mushy. Trust me, he will come good.

lamisa
February 25, 2008, 12:04 PM
come on people,dont bash mushy.i know some people are talking about him missing stumpings but if you watched the match then you would have seen how much effort he put into stopping a few boundries.displayed some fantabulous dives.as 4 his batting,ITS ALL BUCKNOR'S FAULT!!!!!and please dont raise a finger against tamim and rafique.rafique fattaye bowling korse and tamim was just unlucky.how many times do u see a bd batsmen making 2 50's in a country like nz and that 2 against them?

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 12:05 PM
Now I know why we lost the match.
The first three reasons are the three selectors.
From another thread:
GUYS CHECK THIS ARTICLE OUT http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=5115&pageTitle=details&editionID=280
It is clear who are selecting the 11. Selectors are the main culprit.

First, Keeping KM out of the team. Personal conflict.
Second, Keeping Bashar in the team. Personal Favor. (remember the contract extension??)

bulbul_fan
February 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
4. Rafiq

utter rubbish.........
enamul is toofar to b compared with rafique...
rafique is a master spinner..a legend!

reyme
February 25, 2008, 01:00 PM
The kind of favoritism our selectors (including Siddons) are showing towards certain players is really making me angry. This kind of favoritism is going to hurt us more than losing one match.

Can we put these selectors in a cage until the series is over

reyme
February 25, 2008, 01:05 PM
Mahmood said it all, cant agree anymore. Golden boy is for golden future (if there is any, test status that is). Lets be practical, AUS played gilly till he retired, they did not recruit any golden boy.

reyme
February 25, 2008, 01:07 PM
First, Keeping KM out of the team. Personal conflict.
Second, Keeping Bashar in the team. Personal Favor. (remember the contract extension??)

Thats why I said selectors should get paid based on the players they select. If they would go by runs, they would have earned 13+9=21 taka each per month from Haba and Boy.

reyme
February 25, 2008, 01:15 PM
BTW, JS does not even know or heard of Pilot according to that article! What happend to all the practices matches and video tape watching?

I say refund 2 months of your salary Mr. Siddons for this kind of nonsense.

sadi
February 25, 2008, 01:43 PM
Don't really want to make it a bashing thread but the kinda attitude Mashrafee has really bothers me. Reading Prothom-Alo's monday front feature about our game, he had very little hope even after 2nd days play. When Ashraful was trying to pump guys up, he was like SA is a really strong side. If VC of a team has that much superstitions, how are the young guys going to learn from him? This is not the first time he is doing this.

I hate this losing attitude. Am I the only one on this one?

First paragraph on Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.com/index.news.details.php?nid=MTQzMTU=)

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 03:03 PM
Except for Shahadat and Zunaid, wthe whole team is [edit].

Murad
February 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
We lost the match because of Ashraful. He's the only guy to be blamed. Why did he have to play in this match? He shouldn't be the captain. He shouldn't play for any of the BD team. He's the fool. He just sucks.

Other's failures don't count. Ash has to make 100 each time he goes to the crease. He's the only batsman in the team of 11 players. Others are just for fielding purposes. So he has to perform.

What you guys say? Shouldn't we kick him out of all the teams?

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 03:16 PM

What I think? Bolbo?

I think pretty soon they will kick you out from this forum.

Murad
February 25, 2008, 03:21 PM
What I think? Bolbo?

I think pretty soon they will kick you out from this forum.

And may I know why?

What did I say wrong?

This is what most of the fans saying these days.

Pundit
February 25, 2008, 03:22 PM
One reason, and one reason only -

Ashraful's 1st innings out. With the ease with which he was playing, he could have added 30 more runs - and at the rate at which he was playing, during that duration his batting partner could have added 15 - thus giving BD 45 more runs, and a lead of 250 - psychological stress on SA.

I am mystified by Mash's performance though. Mrs. Mash must be a ...., will not give our young buck any rest.

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 03:26 PM
And may I know why?

What did I say wrong?

This is what most of the fans saying these days.

... and that is exactly the point here my friend. Don't follow others... moner kotha bolo bondu money kotha bolo.:D

sandpiper
February 25, 2008, 03:27 PM
reason 1: poor batting
reason 2: poor batting
reason 3: poor batting

BanCricFan
February 25, 2008, 04:26 PM
reason 1: poor batting
reason 2: poor batting
reason 3: poor batting

I would go with that plus Ashraful's idiocies and Mash's no shows.

ialbd
February 25, 2008, 04:28 PM
the reason is alok kapali... I mean golla... I mean.... who are we after this time?

djnaved
February 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
JS says, " he( mushfiqur rahim) is the best wicketkeeper." I don't know who is Pilot"
:floor:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::f loor::floor::floor:

pocha
February 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
Jamie Siddons dont know Pilot. What is he upto these days? Is nt it that Pilot and Dhiman Ghosh just played in the recently concluded practice matches. Was the coach sleeping then? I mean whats wrong in giving them a chance when Mushy is completely out of sorts? If we can drop SN, why not Mushy? Because he is our GoBo. Favoritism has already started in the team.

RazabQ
February 25, 2008, 07:35 PM
As usual, Samircreep pretty much summed things up as well as one could. 100% concurrence. I'll say this tho - no way Rafique's 1st out was difficult. That edge and deflection could and should be heard and seen by a guy 21 yards away, whose sole job is to focus on things like that.

Mash should be stripped of vice-captaincy period. We don't need mentally stressed guys in the squad. Make Rafique honorary VC for next test.

shimraj
February 25, 2008, 08:14 PM
We lost the match because of Ashraful. He's the only guy to be blamed. Why did he have to play in this match? He shouldn't be the captain. He shouldn't play for any of the BD team. He's the fool. He just sucks.

Other's failures don't count. Ash has to make 100 each time he goes to the crease. He's the only batsman in the team of 11 players. Others are just for fielding purposes. So he has to perform.

Yes, I don't know why anyone is not seeing the main fault of our team. It's Ash. He is the most foul player in the team. If a player doesn't know how to distinguish between a test match and 20/20 then he shouldn't deserve to be playing test let alone be the captain.
And now he is trying to patent his 2 bounce bowling (which was 100% "hat foshkaia gasey" type) by repeating the same bowling in the 2nd innings and has the audacity to "daat kelaiya hasha" after doing that.
The other problem with our team is our non-sense mentality. After 22 runs lead in 1st innings BD team was saying if we can get 250-260 in the 2nd innings it will be a good match. What?!?! Are you nuts? Do you think BD's 1st innings 192 was a fluke. No it wasn't. It was the norm. But SA's 170 was a fluke. How could a team think that oppositions 1st innings fluke will happen again in the 2nd innings. Otherwise you can not say that a 250-260 will be good enough to fight. This mentality has to change.

Ahmed_B
February 25, 2008, 08:22 PM
In addition to Mahmood bhai & Sameer bhai's notes.. I would add the reason of underperformance from our 3 main in-form batsmen: Ashraful, Aftab & Saqib. Compared to the team-total, their scores may look OK.. but when measured in the scale of Test matches.. they simply underperformed!

On the other hand, bowlers (except Mash) did exceptionally well. No matter how bad the pitch was... getting a team like SA all-out below 200 is quite impressive!

CI Quote:
Bangladesh will look back ruefully at their inability to post 200 in either innings. The opening day offered plenty of insight into their batting woes, with six batsmen spending reasonable time in the middle before throwing it away. The main culprit was Mohammad Ashraful, the captain, who sauntered to 34 from 26 balls before an over-exuberant charge at Johan Botha changed the complexion of the match.

Murad
February 25, 2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, I don't know why anyone is not seeing the main fault of our team. It's Ash. He is the most foul player in the team. If a player doesn't know how to distinguish between a test match and 20/20 then he shouldn't deserve to be playing test let alone be the captain.
And now he is trying to patent his 2 bounce bowling (which was 100% "hat foshkaia gasey" type) by repeating the same bowling in the 2nd innings and has the audacity to "daat kelaiya hasha" after doing that.
The other problem with our team is our non-sense mentality. After 22 runs lead in 1st innings BD team was saying if we can get 250-260 in the 2nd innings it will be a good match. What?!?! Are you nuts? Do you think BD's 1st innings 192 was a fluke. No it wasn't. It was the norm. But SA's 170 was a fluke. How could a team think that oppositions 1st innings fluke will happen again in the 2nd innings. Otherwise you can not say that a 250-260 will be good enough to fight. This mentality has to change.

:lol::lol::lol:

CHABAN
February 26, 2008, 12:48 AM
BD lost because Kallis had a great afternoon, Mushfik, Sakib, Ashraful and Aftab played below par. Overall the SAFs batted well in the 2nd innings. BD can do well only if they touch 400. I believe that this team is capable of doing that. The SAF bowling was good but not great. Except for bashar, no changes should be made.

kalpurush
February 26, 2008, 01:45 AM
JS says, " he( mushfiqur rahim) is the best wicketkeeper." I don't know who is Pilot"
:floor:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::f loor::floor::floor:
Might be true. Pilot is KM's nick name, thus, JS failed to recognised him:-/

kalpurush
February 26, 2008, 01:55 AM
In addition to Mahmood bhai & Sameer bhai's notes.. I would add the reason of underperformance from our 3 main in-form batsmen: Ashraful, Aftab & Saqib. Compared to the team-total, their scores may look OK.. but when measured in the scale of Test matches.. they simply underperformed!

On the other hand, bowlers (except Mash) did exceptionally well. No matter how bad the pitch was... getting a team like SA all-out below 200 is quite impressive!

CI Quote:
ditto.

WarWolf
February 26, 2008, 03:06 AM
But I am afraid we lost the chance of the year. Ctg test may be full of humiliation and frustration.

RazabQ
February 26, 2008, 03:15 AM
You've heard from Rajputro and you've heard from a creep, now hear it straight from el-[বাংলা]টাকলু[/বাংলা]; no I'm not talking about Dr. Z. This is what our coach Jamie Siddons has to say and frankly it ain't good:
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvrsa/content/current/story/339860.html ... does not expect his side to beat South Africa unless a miracle occurs ...Basically he's saying we can't handle such quality fast bowling because we never practice against it. This echoes my takeaway from the match which was that it wasn't so much that our batters gave it way as the Saffers bowling was just so R-E-L-E-N-T-L-E-S-S. We really did not have any backup bowlers we could take liberties with, 'cept perhaps Botha. All 3 of their pacers were brisk indeed and Kallis ain't no slouch; he bowls a pretty good "heavy ball".

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 03:47 AM
We lost the test match because as a team, a board, and a cricket culture, we're simply not ready to win test matches. Application remains the issue for everyone. We all know what to do in order to improve, but the powers that be just cannot come out of their parhar kiriket matobbori and do the right thing with regards to FC and A-team cricket.

abu2abu
February 26, 2008, 05:15 AM
A target of around 250 would have been harder for south africa to get and easier for BD to defend. We could have got this score if just three of our batsmen each contributed 10-15 more runs. That's how tight things were.

I've read siddons' comments about BD being useless against quality pace bowling. that's a fair enough assessment, but why then did we play so badly agaisnt vetorri's spin in NZ?

The truth is we're not yet up to the mark (or in fact anywhere near it) and it's the batsmen's fault. The bowling is as good (in the right conditions) an anyone elses....

arifur81
February 26, 2008, 05:23 AM
But I am afraid we lost the chance of the year. Ctg test may be full of humiliation and frustration.

I agree with you my friend, you are not wrong.

auntu
February 26, 2008, 05:23 AM
1. Incompetence of the Curator
Mr. Bodiul Alam has no clue how to make a pitch. Time and over, he makes a pitch, and announces this to be a specific type and match time it totally the opposite. We needed a spin friendly wicket against a team that has good fast bowlers, what did we get? Can we please fire this guy and hire someone from Sri Lanka (like before) to make the pitches, right.

2. Worst selector ever
The team of Rafiqul, Durjoy and Akram sucks. These guys goes on whim, makes something up and immediately strongly believe it. The teams they have selected has be ridiculous and its time we put a stop to this idiocy. There is intelligence behind going into a test with 3 full time bowlers plus one all rounder.

3. Mushfiq
He may be the future, but he is definitly not the present. Please bring Pilot for the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> test.

8. Steve Bucknor
He is almost 62 years old, and his calls were not up to mark on this test. His calls were wrong for both teams. However, SA has many great players and the wrong calls he made, did not hurt them as much (but it could have). It did cost us a lot. We have barely a team and when some bad calls go against key players, we have no one to make that up. Always, the bad calls hurt the weak team lot more than the stronger teams.

AGREED

This Mr. Alam what is his background? i can remember d test vs India. he said 1 happen other.

nobody
February 26, 2008, 05:44 AM
We lost because we played with 8 and half a player againest a team of 11 players of better caliber. End of story. HB and Mushy ( I liked him and believe that he is our future) should not be allowed within 100 metre of the team as a player. Tamim needs match practice.

zainab
February 26, 2008, 08:35 AM
BD was playing with 8 players(minus Tamim, Bashar and Mash) whilst SA was playing with 12 players including Bucknor, so the odds were against them from the beginning.

I f they maintain the same team for the second test, they will be starting with the same odds and may crash to a worse defeat than the first test. SA will not make the same mistake in their first innings, so fans get ready for a huge first innings total including a few centuries from SA.

Shobha
February 26, 2008, 09:02 AM
BD was playing with 8 players(minus Tamim, Bashar and Mash) whilst SA was playing with 12 players including Bucknor, so the odds were against them from the beginning.

I f they maintain the same team for the second test, they will be starting with the same odds and may crash to a worse defeat than the first test. SA will not make the same mistake in their first innings, so fans get ready for a huge first innings total including a few centuries from SA.

i hear that they'll keep the same team for second test:-|

SS
February 26, 2008, 09:55 AM
Intellgence, pace factor of SA bowlers and ineptitude and temperament of our batters and few bowlers. Siddons mentioned " Steyn ripped our batsmen with 150 beamers outswingers for right handers and inswingers for lefties..." you tell me which batsmen ever play that kind of delivery. Mash can't even reach 130 nowadays.

Ehsan
February 26, 2008, 09:59 AM
While I was watching the game, I don't think Steyn reached 150. The max I saw of him was 145. But then again I did not watch the whole game. He is definitely a good bowler, but I don't like his cocky atittude.

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 10:30 AM
While I was watching the game, I don't think Steyn reached 150. The max I saw of him was 145. But then again I did not watch the whole game. He is definitely a good bowler, but I don't like his cocky atittude.

you don't like his cocky attitude? then wait for Neil to play...

Ehsan
February 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
Neil is just a crazy guy, bhalo koira ore ekbar dhoira dholai dile thik hoye jabe.

mahbubH
February 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
Because Ash did not improve over the last 8 years. I found him getting out in the same way as he did in his early years. Same can be said for other players. We still don't play commom sense cricket. A coach cannot tell you everything before sending to the field. Players have head and some yellow stuffs inside, they should use those in match situation. Moreover, our players are not fighter enough to play test cricket. I am waiting another 5 years to see a real test winn. Hope Siddons will be with Bangladesh till then.

lamisa
February 26, 2008, 11:09 AM
Mahmood said it all, cant agree anymore. Golden boy is for golden future (if there is any, test status that is). Lets be practical, AUS played gilly till he retired, they did not recruit any golden boy.

we r not australia and we cant be them till minimum the next 8 years.plus there are some inside matters of pilot that r preventing him from being in the team.

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
Because Ash did not improve over the last 8 years. I found him getting out in the same way as he did in his early years. Same can be said for other players. We still don't play commom sense cricket. A coach cannot tell you everything before sending to the field. Players have head and some yellow stuffs inside, they should use those in match situation. Moreover, our players are not fighter enough to play test cricket. I am waiting another 5 years to see a real test winn. Hope Siddons will be with Bangladesh till then.

No you are wrong. before Ash would come and play his stokes regardless of the situation and get out. Now at least he tries to play accordingly, yes he fails but you can see that he is trying. Please give some credit where its due. Unless you haven't seen him batting all these years.

and BTW give the SA bowlers some credit. The ball ASh got out he tried three times to play it but failed and i am sure even tendu or lara would have gotten out from that ball? I saw in some thread on fan was saying he tried three times and he should have blocked it. actually it goes other way. cause the bowler was bowling that good. May be some of you guys never saw when tendu was dancing on the crease while akram or akther was bowling (in a good old days). batsmen have their days and bowlers have their OVERS.

WarWolf
February 26, 2008, 12:10 PM
I agree with what JS said. He is pointing to the basic problem of our team. Actually our cricketing culture needs to be questioned. If you cannot improve the cricketing structure of your country to a minimum level then why would be given the opportunity to continue enjoying test status? Test status er ekta ijjot ache to!!!

arafath79
February 26, 2008, 12:14 PM
4. Rafiq

Very well said Mahmood bhai. I agree with your all points except one. Rafique is still much better bowler than Enamul Haque jnr in both ODI and Test even in home ground. Enamul did bowl well in the test series against Zimbabwe where Rafique was creating pressure from the other end. Zimbabwe batsmen were trying to attack Enamul and respecting Rafique from the other end that's what help Enamul to get those wickets. I am pretty sure Enamul would not be able to bowl comfortably if Rafique wasn't there. Look at Enamul's last 4 test matches. How many wickets he got ? NONE !!! He looked hopeless to me and he was bloody wicket less. If you still don't mind to see Enamul in the national squad then u should not mind watching Habibul is in the squad although I don't want to see Habibul is playing for the national squad anymore.

My point is that Rafique's inclusion instead of Enamul jnr was the only good decision by the selectors.

arafath79
February 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
Intellgence, pace factor of SA bowlers and ineptitude and temperament of our batters and few bowlers. Siddons mentioned " Steyn ripped our batsmen with 150 beamers outswingers for right handers and inswingers for lefties..." you tell me which batsmen ever play that kind of delivery. Mash can't even reach 130 nowadays.

Yes u r right bro. Mashrafe used to bowl quite faster ( around 135-140 kmp) but he is not working hard these days. His batting is also not good. Jumping to the left side against the fast bowlers even in the slow batting track. :doh:

Fazal
February 26, 2008, 01:47 PM
No you are wrong. before Ash would come and play his stokes regardless of the situation and get out. Now at least he tries to play accordingly, yes he fails but you can see that he is trying. Please give some credit where its due. Unless you haven't seen him batting all these years.

Not in this game. And definitely not in 1st Innings. A good First Inning lead could have made all the difference. I am not saying Ash is the only one who is the cause of our first innings failure with the bat, but he didn't helped it either.

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 02:25 PM
Not in this game. And definitely not in 1st Innings. A good First Inning lead could have made all the difference. I am not saying Ash is the only one who is the cause of our first innings failure with the bat, but he didn't helped it either.

Mamu 1st inning ey oi over er agey bhaloi kheltasilo. Or money hoy money hoisislo jey Spinner rey settle hoitey dimu na. but gada ta to bujey nai jey oi betta already unsettled after the 1st 2 fours. but realy before that shot he was playing like he will score be there after lunch for sure. In the 2nd innings all of a sudden Nitni beta bashi bhalo ball koira falaisey. Remember ash kintu shohjey beat hoy na r shey kina por por tin balley beat.

SMHasan
February 26, 2008, 05:59 PM
file:///F:/DOCUME%7E1/USER/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg <table class="tborder" id="post622950" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" id="currentPost">February 19, 2008, 08:03 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding: 0px;"> <!-- user info --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/image.php?u=1631&dateline=1163869523 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631) <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/statusicon/user_online.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_622950", true); </script>
Cricket Legend
</td> <td width="320">
</td> <td valign="top" width="200"> Join Date: June 20, 2005
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: im_msn --> http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/misc/im_msn.gif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=622950#) <!-- END TEMPLATE: im_msn -->

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- / user info --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_622950"> <!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title --> http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon1.gif
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Thanks Omio for bringing this issue here.

In fact I hate the words "Automatic choice". No one should be an automatic choice for the team and not at least in our team.

Seeing Mashrafee's name in your list tempting me say something regarding him. Few days ago in an interview with Prothom-Alo he said that his performance was not good for some reasons and one of the reason was his personal problems. We all know that after the WC'07 his perfermance was dropping down, his body language was not positive, his bowling was lacking in pace and it seemed that his mind was not in the field at all. If he was having some personal problems then he should have withdrown himself from the team. In fact he didn't do that and by so doing he occupied a valuable place in the team and he did let us down.

I am not trying to blame him for that but what I like to say is that this is a bad trend in our cricket culture. You should not hide any injury, if you think that your mind is not in the field then you should have a break from the game.

In this level of professionalism every player is getting paid. That means they are doing a job here and if they don't concentrate on their game then it is assumed that they are not doing their job properly and they are not sincere enough. I think it is a crime if someone gets paid and doesn't finish the job. These people should be prosecuted.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
I said (above statement) about the Mash issue even before the 1st test began. And we all know how he performed. I think he is hiding a problem and giving his team more problems. If he has problems then he should have a break or live with it and perform. He can get inspirations from Shane Warne, who was having severe personal problems during the Ashes series in 2005. In that series Warne had overcome his sadness and performed like a champion.

We all know that Mashrafee is no Warne but he can learn lot of things from the spin doctor.

Sovik
February 26, 2008, 06:10 PM
our inability to stay at the crease cost us this test. 50 more runs would have made the difference

FagunerAgun
February 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
Aftab Ahmad, he was pad blocking in the 2nd innings in the morning of the 3rd day. That unusually foolish play caused him LBW, eventually that triggered the typical BD collapse.

tipu_09
February 26, 2008, 08:23 PM
due to ash

samircreep
February 27, 2008, 10:34 AM
Aftab wasnt "foolishly" pad blocking. He got out to a genuine reverse swing delivery. As i mentioned in my post, all the SA bolwers in the second innings, esp kallis, bowled excellent spells with the bll reverse swinging. Expect more in chittagog. Good news is both Shahadat and mash seem to have really improved their reverse swing capabilities.

Rabz
February 27, 2008, 12:04 PM
our inability to stay at the crease cost us this test. 50 more runs would have made the difference

Thats the bottom line.
We find it hard to make 200 in an innings, how can we fancy the idea of winning a match?

Somethings never change...

Mahmood
February 29, 2008, 08:21 AM
Darn, still no Enamul, goriber kotha bashi hoile fole!