PDA

View Full Version : Should Ashraful be dropped?

Rommel
February 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
Before you guys start screaming at me, I realize that he is our most talented batsmen. But the problem I have with him is that he always makes the same mistake. He tries to play too many shots. While players like Aftab have tried to change, I am afraid that Ashraful has stayed pretty much the same. I think we need to drop him for the 2nd Test to send him a message that if he does not learn, he will not play. He should not get any special treatment. Maybe, if he gets dropped, he will realize that he needs to start listening to Coach Siddons.

WarWolf
February 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Nooo........ Stop these negative propaganda. Drop kore kore to 7 bosor gelo. Lav ki holo bhai?

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Drop from where?

From one feet... from two feet? From 10 feet?

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
uff let fix the the broken stuff first? at least he made 35 and 24. what did some others made?

sadi
February 25, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yawn

pocha
February 25, 2008, 04:12 PM
What rubbish?? He is the best batsman we ever produced.

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 04:14 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/<st1:City><st1:place>Normal</st1:place></st1:City> or caesarian ?

akabir77
February 25, 2008, 04:17 PM
What rubbish?? He is the best batsman we ever produced.

ffice:smarttags" /><st1:city><st1:place>Normal</st1:place></st1:city> or caesarian ?

:floor::floor::floor:

djnaved
February 25, 2008, 04:25 PM
Before you guys start screaming at me, I realize that he is our most talented batsmen. But the problem I have with him is that he always makes the same mistake. He tries to play too many shots. While players like Aftab have tried to change, I am afraid that Ashraful has stayed pretty much the same. I think we need to drop him for the 2nd Test to send him a message that if he does not learn, he will not play. He should not get any special treatment. Maybe, if he gets dropped, he will realize that he needs to start listening to Coach Siddons.

bro, i wrote same thing about him 3 months ago, no body listened to me.. now it's time to heads up... we lost the test match because of ashraful.. he got lack of responsibilty.

1st inning: two fours at a row, then again looking for 6 or 4... then got out... after that showing a happy smile:D

2nd innings: 1st ball,tried to cover drive, swing and miss,2nd ball, again tried to cover drive, swing and miss. Ntini now knew what to do. he ball with an angle side,again tried to repeat the shot, and finally get caught to mark boucher

This is Mohammad Ashraful. The best batsman of bd.E-)

BanCricFan
February 25, 2008, 04:30 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/<st1:City><st1:place>Normal</st1:place></st1:City> or caesarian ?

Had to be the latter...he is far too talented for anything normal.

zainab
February 25, 2008, 04:34 PM
Do you realize that he is the captain. How can you drop the captain? Who will take his place? Are you daydreaming or something. He is the best batsman Bangladesh produced and he has won a few matches against better teams for Bangladesh. He is still new at being captain and he does not have a bunch of talented players like other captains. He along with this young team will have to bear the growing pains of playing better cricket with the help of Siddons and BDCB. The average age of this team(minus Rafique and Bashar) is around 22 yrs, What do you expect? A miracle overnight.

Fans here have too high expectations of this team. Siddons, at least has the insight to see the team for what it really is and try to improve their performance which cannot happen overnight. Bangladesh is still new at Test cricket, they do not play many matches, coupled with a bunch of young inexperienced players who lack confidence.
i feel sorry for them, to me it looks like an uphill battle all the time for these poor lads.

I am not defending him, he is a reckless batsman, loses his brains many times and when he comes to the crease, one never knows what to expect. To me, he is an enigma, cannot figure him out, only he can sort himself out, but I do agree that he is not leading by example, so how can he tell the guys to improve on their batting, when he himself does not do it.

kaisermatin
February 25, 2008, 04:39 PM
No way. He brings a lot of entertainment! And we all will miss his bowling caricatures including foolish but brave stokes if he is dropped!
He is too active in cricket to be dropped now. Bashar and Mashrafi should
be dropped. I feel they are somewhat withdrawn.

Gowza
February 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
not the dumbest idea ever proposed, he's a veteran at the international level but he performs like an amateur. he probably shouldn't be dropped atm, but he might have to watch out because if players like junaid, tamim stay consistent and players like shakib who are starting to be reasonably consistent stay consistent then if ashraful doesn't up his game the selectors might have to drop him. ashraful is lucky atm, he's not performing much better than the others but because no one has really been performing any better than him (other than junaid and tamim recently) he's been safe (not to mention he's captain so won't be dropped anyway). but if players start outperforming him then i'd expect his position in the team to be under threat.

cricman
February 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
No more KNEE jerk threads please

zainab
February 25, 2008, 05:06 PM
Bangladesh cricket wil not be the same without him, and one example is that I will cease to be a member of this forum and to be such a huge supporter of the team.
Come on, this little guy has dedicated most of his young life to cricket, he even admitted that he loved the game so much that he became a netboy to watch the seniors play cricket, and he dreamed about playing for the national team.
No one can take away the magic of seeing a 17 yr old who looked like a cheeky 12 yr old scoring a maiden test century against Sri Lanka. In fact many people remarked that Bangladesh was so short of cricketers that they sent a child to play Test cricket, and what a cute magical child.
No one can take away this from Ashraful, that is the reason that despite his failures, he still has world recognition, and is the most popular BD cricketer even among West Indians. We talk and if asked which player comes to mind, it is always Ashraful.

ripon
February 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
Bangladesh cricket wil not be the same without him, and one example is that I will cease to be a member of this forum and to be such a huge supporter of the team.
Come on, this little guy has dedicated most of his young life to cricket, he even admitted that he loved the game so much that he became a netboy to watch the seniors play cricket, and he dreamed about playing for the national team.
No one can take away the magic of seeing a 17 yr old who looked like a cheeky 12 yr old scoring a maiden test century against Sri Lanka. In fact many people remarked that Bangladesh was so short of cricketers that they sent a child to play Test cricket, and what a cute magical child.
No one can take away this from Ashraful, that is the reason that despite his failures, he still has world recognition, and is the most popular BD cricketer even among West Indians. We talk and if asked which player comes to mind, it is always Ashraful.
I totaly agree on that he has been one of the best stars of bangladesh cricket history scoring the most centuries for the country. people might say he is in the same position as bashar, but no! without him the team is nothing. when he is there the team is really fired up and rearing to give a fight to thier best of ability because he is like an inspiration to the youngsters, he should not be dropped as the captain or from the team, he is an attacking batsman and come on he half the age of bashar:-D and hes got more hundreds than him, give him a break guys. he should NOT be dropped!

http://thedailystar.ws/2007/06/04/2007-06-04__sp01.jpg ... a true LEADER!

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 05:20 PM
give him a break guys. he should NOT be dropped!

Now I am confused. Break or not to break him?

If we want to breakm why not drop? That will break him.

Or you want to apply a hammer instead?

ripon
February 25, 2008, 05:26 PM
Now I am confused. Break or not to break him?

If we want to breakm why not drop? That will break him.

Or you want to apply a hammer instead?
no no not break as in 'kill' but:::
http://www.sutherlandsurvey.com/Images/Have%20a%20break%20-%20Have%20a%20Kit%20Kat%20(small).jpg
and not to drop him as in from sky, but from squad busta parchen? ok<

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 05:29 PM
no no not break as in 'kill' but:::
http://www.sutherlandsurvey.com/Images/Have%20a%20break%20-%20Have%20a%20Kit%20Kat%20(small).jpg
and not to drop him as in from sky, but from squad busta parchen? ok<

So you want to give Ash a break (from the team) and hand over a candy (kitkat) to lick instead ? So how its so different than what ro1249 is saying? :-D

ripon
February 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
So you want to give Ash a break (from the team) and hand over a candy (kitkat) to lick instead ? So how its so different than what ro1249 is saying? :-D no no baisab not saying he should take a rest and go away, but rather than screaming at his head lets all just give him a nice kitkat (comfort, gratitude) to enjoy rather than being hassled by people like us over here in the internet saying to drop him < NO! KEEP him forever! hes doing a fine job - give him a break~~~

BanCricFan
February 25, 2008, 05:39 PM
no no baisab not saying he should take a rest and go away, but rather than screaming at his head lets all just give him a nice kitkat (comfort, gratitude) to enjoy rather than being hassled by people like us over here in the internet saying to drop him < NO! KEEP him forever! hes doing a fine job - give him a break~~~

thats comprehensive!

Ash might like Twix better.

Shobha
February 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
here we go again, another utterly stupid thread.
yeah i suppose we're over flowing with all the great batsmen that we need to make way for them by dropping ash:mad:

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
NO! KEEP him forever! hes doing a fine job - give him a break~~~

Again BREAK? I was baout to have a heart attack!

He is too pracious, you need to handle with care. don't even say the word 'Break' in the same sentence, he may really break. and threfore break so many fan's heart.

Ajfar
February 25, 2008, 05:45 PM
n who do u suppose will be the captain???..oh i get itt..this must be the other plan to keep bashar on the team...we'll drop ashraful..n that way bashar can be the captain...so he has to be on the team...

ripon
February 25, 2008, 05:48 PM
Again BREAK? I was baout to have a heart attack!

He is too pracious, you need to handle with care. don't even say the word 'Break' in the same sentence, he may really break. and threfore break so many fan's heart.
what is wrong with the word 'break' it wont necessarily make him 'break' would it, 'break' can mean many things, give him a 'break' (give him a salute) or some might say 'break' him (kill him)< i am not refering to this it is the other 'break' lets all give him a break (appreciate). acha.,

BanCricFan
February 25, 2008, 05:49 PM
n who do u suppose will be the captain???...

Why? Kapali, of course!

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 05:51 PM
Oh no... Kapali again?

I was hoping for a Chacha comeback.

BanCricFan
February 25, 2008, 05:58 PM
Oh no... Kapali again?

I was hoping for a Chacha comeback.

Give Kapali a break...like kitkat, of course!

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 06:00 PM
Give Kapali a break...like kitkat, of course!

Now you want ot break Kapali? I can tell you one thing, Shoel_NR will not be happy a camper.

I will give both of them (Alok as well as Ash)

http://www.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/lollypop.jpg

instead.

BanCricFan
February 25, 2008, 06:04 PM
Now you want ot break Kapali? I can tell you one thing, Shoel_NR will not be happy a camper.

I didn't know he was a camper- happy or otherwise. Thanks for sharing this important bit of info.

Shobha
February 25, 2008, 06:07 PM
can i just ask what the hell's going on? what's all these 'break' and 'breaking eachother' about

Fazal
February 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
can i just ask what the hell's going on? what's all these 'break' and 'breaking eachother' about

Yes ... it reminds me of

http://www.cepolina.com/freephoto/f/other.sport/break.dance.road1.jpg

tonoy
February 25, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'll admit that dropping him at this time seems pretty ridiculous, But he is no untouchable either. There is a reason he still averages less that 25. I believe he will mostly disappoint and will have only few rare moments of glory. His test and and ODI records are extremely poor(0 wins so far) and I will be surprised if he is to improve such horrendous records. Therefore, he isn't much far away from losing his captaincy.

And then, I see some arguments of why ash should be treated specially for getting involved at such a young age. Give me a break! Its International cricket, not a charity foundation. He might have started his game early, but that sure hasn't given him the lead to mature into a good batsmen. Besides, Ash is not the only young talented player. You want talent then I suggest you look up Alastair Cook's profile. At age of 23, he has already scored seven centuries and 8 half centuries(and now I'll hear excuses how cook had different environment).

nahaz
February 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ya, you're drop ash...but then hey...no batsman in the current team is responsible (other than Zunaed it seems) so why not drop all of tem too ? heck, why don't we? we can win with 3 players in the team. Zunaed, Rafique, Shahadat. Maybe import the rest from Australia...Under 19 players would do. They could bemore responsible than our lot

tanvir_nus
February 25, 2008, 06:46 PM
lets put it this way.. if ashraful is dropped, i will stop watching any form of bangladeshi cricket matches... probably count millions alongside me...

tonoy
February 25, 2008, 06:47 PM
lets put it this way.. if ashraful is dropped, i will stop watching any form of bangladeshi cricket matches... probably count millions alongside me...

not to worry there is still another 149million people that will be watching, including myself:).

auntu
February 26, 2008, 05:58 AM
Char pa ala prani se rasta dia chole

BC shamne paile airokom thread khole:doh:

Protic
February 26, 2008, 06:58 AM
He scored a 34 & 24 .. dont just blame him..blame everyone who didnt score..

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 07:08 AM
Fact of life, like it or not: -

No Ash = No Hope.

Deal with it!

zainab
February 26, 2008, 07:52 AM
Drop from where?

From one feet... from two feet? From 10 feet?

When Ash was in NZ, someone suggested dropping him from the top of the mountain.

From what I hear, he is the most beloved and popular player in BD. People has had a love affair with him since he was in his early teens and it has continued. BD cricket will not be the same without him. If the National team tour without him, the commentators will have a lot to say because each one of them likes him inspite of his idiosyncracies.

tiger_army
February 26, 2008, 08:03 AM
oh yea drop Ash as well........make habla/Pilot captain again

BanCricFan
February 26, 2008, 09:45 AM
Fact of life, like it or not: -

No Ash = No Hope.

Deal with it!

man, your avatar is very intimidating!

lamisa
February 26, 2008, 11:04 AM
bro, i wrote same thing about him 3 months ago, no body listened to me.. now it's time to heads up... we lost the test match because of ashraful.. he got lack of responsibilty.

1st inning: two fours at a row, then again looking for 6 or 4... then got out... after that showing a happy smile:D

2nd innings: 1st ball,tried to cover drive, swing and miss,2nd ball, again tried to cover drive, swing and miss. Ntini now knew what to do. he ball with an angle side,again tried to repeat the shot, and finally get caught to mark boucher

This is Mohammad Ashraful. The best batsman of bd.E-)

though i do not agree with you about dropping ashraful i must say,nice selection of smilies,got me cracked up!:D

lamisa
February 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
Do you realize that he is the captain. How can you drop the captain? Who will take his place? Are you daydreaming or something. He is the best batsman Bangladesh produced and he has won a few matches against better teams for Bangladesh. He is still new at being captain and he does not have a bunch of talented players like other captains. He along with this young team will have to bear the growing pains of playing better cricket with the help of Siddons and BDCB. The average age of this team(minus Rafique and Bashar) is around 22 yrs, What do you expect? A miracle overnight.

Fans here have too high expectations of this team. Siddons, at least has the insight to see the team for what it really is and try to improve their performance which cannot happen overnight. Bangladesh is still new at Test cricket, they do not play many matches, coupled with a bunch of young inexperienced players who lack confidence.
i feel sorry for them, to me it looks like an uphill battle all the time for these poor lads.

I am not defending him, he is a reckless batsman, loses his brains many times and when he comes to the crease, one never knows what to expect. To me, he is an enigma, cannot figure him out, only he can sort himself out, but I do agree that he is not leading by example, so how can he tell the guys to improve on their batting, when he himself does not do it.

ditto!

lamisa
February 26, 2008, 11:13 AM
oh yea,i forgot 2 add,if ash gets dropped then bashar makes a permanent spot in the team,captain hobe!do u want that 2 happen?

wiseshah
February 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
je sikhena ek dine, se eksho bosor eo sikhbe na. any way, we dont have better option than him. may be captaincy is too much pressure for him. again, we dont have any other choice.

i hope, he will realize himself how to contribute to the team.

a fit and determined ashraful is an asset for any team. so dont even think about dropping him, may be one match rest will be fine, but not in test. if he doesnt perform, drop him in ODI and bring back in the next match.

Fazal
February 26, 2008, 01:27 PM
From what I hear, he is the most beloved and popular player in BD. People has had a love affair with him since he was in his early teens and it has continued. BD cricket will not be the same without him. If the National team tour without him, the commentators will have a lot to say because each one of them likes him inspite of his idiosyncracies.

Akdom Faltu Kotha. History proved that no one is "not replacable" for a long time. There is one thing to say "talent like Ash doesn't come often" or "Ash is not replacable in current situation" but its completely different to say "BD cricket will not be the same without him" I see no logic but just cheap immotion there. How big a player may be, TEAM is first and plyer is second, not the other way around.

shimraj
February 26, 2008, 02:34 PM
what is wrong with the word 'break' [delete] lets all give him a break (appreciate). acha.,

I think there is nothing wrong with the word "break". The word you were looking for was actually "brake", right?

shimraj
February 26, 2008, 02:43 PM
Ashraf should concentrate and master on his 2 bounce bowling from now on. It has lot of potential. I am amazed how he was able to do the "haat foshkano" bowling twice. May be after going home after 1st innings the whole night he practiced the "haat foshkano" bowling. Shala abar daat kalaiya hashe. Why did he give a "shobjanta hashi" after doing it 2nd time? Did he want to proove that the 1st one was actually intentional, not "haat foshkano"?
Let's give him a brake and drop him from 10' at least.

shimraj
February 26, 2008, 02:51 PM
Reporter: Ashraful, how are you preparing yourself for the next test against SA?
Ashraful: Test? What test? I thought it was 20/20 match.

kalpurush
February 26, 2008, 02:59 PM
Reporter: Ashraful, how are you preparing yourself for the next test against SA?
Ashraful: Test? What test? I thought it was 20/20 match.
wasn't it?:umm:

Shaan
February 26, 2008, 03:07 PM
well dropping Ashraful for the second test will not result any better for us beside he is the captain. But to get Better service for the cricket of this nation from the most talented guy so far BD produced needed some rest which is very cruel reality. RO1249 has some valid point such as Ashraful playing more than Six years in this level of cricket but till to date his game doesn't show any responsibility any maturity for this crazy cricket nation. He is the best not doubt, but he doesn't apply his up most potential in the game with the intelligence after six years have passed thats breaks my heart. He deserves to be in the team in any situation of bd cricket, but for his sincerity and make him alert and to extract most from him, he needs some brake. All this I'm saying cause he is my most favorite player in BD team. But he disappoint me most of the time with his immature game of cricket. I wish he can give us mature cricket from the Second test, the Ashraful we love, the game of Ashraful we most want.

FagunerAgun
February 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
Yes I like to replace him but we do not have a replacement for him

tipu_09
February 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
do step b yh step.... first take his captancy

Ajfar
February 26, 2008, 08:26 PM
do step b yh step.... first take his captancy

n hand it over to??????????? mushy i gusss rytt...

Murad
February 26, 2008, 10:03 PM
n hand it over to??????????? mushy i gusss rytt...

Nope!

Bagh "Bilai" Mama.

tanim3960
February 26, 2008, 11:37 PM
1.Move him up.
2.let him play as an opener so he can play worry free.
3. he comes in bat after 4/5 down and there is no run on the board
4.as a captain he fell lots of pressure.
5. try to fix the run rate
6. play some risky shots and gets out.