PDA

View Full Version : What I said about Rafique and selectors is true, and it's on daily inqilab

djnaved
February 26, 2008, 04:40 PM
Durjoy awami league kore tai BNP playerder dekhte pare na...

KHub valo bolesen DJ NAVED bhai...ashen apnake ekta chummmii dei.....:mad:

bro, don't be mad.. i said the right thing. I played club cricket 5 years ago.. I know who's got what type of attitude.......during his era, he didn't let rafique to play, but rafique was a damn good spinner that time. By the way, how come durjoy got the captaincy in 1st tes?. Truely, Durjoy wasn't in form that time, plus, it was Awami League era...

http://www.dailyinqilab.com/

sadi
February 26, 2008, 04:50 PM
Maybe whatever you are saying is true. It can be, I know. But Inquilab is not a good source. Let's get an unbiased source, shall we?

Ehsan
February 26, 2008, 04:51 PM
What are you trying to prove? What's up with daily inqilab link? I could not find anything relevant.

djnaved
February 26, 2008, 04:53 PM
you should read it again.. take a look at my last quote, and look at the inqilab paper:)

billah
February 26, 2008, 04:57 PM
Durjoy received Awami nomination to run for MP in the pre one eleven election. He makes no secret of his Awami affiliations. One more reason he organized the symbolic player hunger strike to keep Bongobondhu stadium for cricket.

Some of you might remember, if elected, Awamis intended to just trash the Home of Cricket project in Mirpur, and start over at the Bongobondhu again. Durjoy was strong backer of that call. There have been many pictures of him in national dailies, at the front of Awami political rallies.

Point is, he mixes the sport of cricket with politics. He has done so in the past.

djnaved
February 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
shudhu durjoy na, tar shathe jog hoiche motka rofiqul alam ache.. akram khaner kotha na hoi badhe dilam

politics in our cricket team: selctors comments and the pick:-D

1) mushy is the best keeper we have now

2) haba has a lot to give for this nation

3) Masud is out of form

4) We are giving some rest to rafique(past comments)

/:)

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 05:04 PM
I can back this up too. All BCB management is run by AL people now minus Saber H. Even the guy they are trying to get as CEO is because he is an AL Sup but also a good man but mahbubur R was also a good man. But they didn't extended his thing because he was BNP man.

Fazal
February 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hmmm…

Its hard to make two plus two to four.
Durjoy Awami League Korey… I hard it before
Faruk BNP korey … I heard it before
Kintu Mushir Baba BNP korey …. I heard that also .

Then why they are supporting Mushy? Taholey to equation ta Millo Na.
Monney aro prosno jagee….

Taholey Bashar ki Awami League Korey?

Bechara Pilot-er ei oboshta keno? Was out when Faruk (BNP) was there and now out when Durjoy (Awami League) is here. Taholey se ki kore? Jamati naki Shorbo Hara party?
Ash money hoi shubidha badi, jai dol power-e shey dolai jok dan korey….

djnaved
February 26, 2008, 05:15 PM
eitai holo bangladesh.. durnitite akhon mone hoi 5 nombor

binodone politics, bebsai politics

akhon cricketeo politics:D

bdchamp20
February 26, 2008, 05:18 PM
hmmm...interesting, Saber Hossain Chowdhury is one of the cleanest politicians ever in BD, he was key in getting us test status..I am not sure about Mr. Mahbub but I have heard he was removed because of his strong affilations with Mr. Lobi, BNP official who has been found guilty of corruption and stealing money from the BCB funds..now Durjoy hating Rafique because he is a BNP man..sounds extreme but is possible if it is true he must be removed and so must the others with links with politics

bdchamp20
February 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
I think at the moment they are all giving support to Moeen U. Ahmed or else they will be arrested

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
hmmm...interesting, Saber Hossain Chowdhury is one of the cleanest politicians ever in BD, he was key in getting us test status..I am not sure about Mr. Mahbub but I have heard he was removed because of his strong affilations with Mr. Lobi, BNP official who has been found guilty of corruption and stealing money from the BCB funds..now Durjoy hating Rafique because he is a BNP man..sounds extreme but is possible if it is true he must be removed and so must the others with links with politics

R u kidding me? He might be the cleanest but not clean...

Anyway yeah Mr. Mahbob had connection with BNP and Stuff but like i said he is a very honest man...

djnaved
February 26, 2008, 05:22 PM
btw, let's talk about mushy for one moment

faruk hosen is the one who gave chance mushfique to be in the national team. Faruk dropped masud for having a terrible performance and for political reason.

Now, faruk is saying to drop mushfique and bring pilot.

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hmmm…

Its hard to make two plus two to four.
Durjoy Awami League Korey… I hard it before
Faruk BNP korey … I heard it before

Bechara Pilot-er ei oboshta keno? Was out when Faruk (BNP) was there and now out when Durjoy (Awami League) is here. Taholey se ki kore? Jamati naki Shorbo Hara party?

Pilot case is different. He is disliked by every one for 2003 WC:D

akabir77
February 26, 2008, 05:32 PM
btw, let's talk about mushy for one moment

faruk hosen is the one who gave chance mushfique to be in the national team. Faruk dropped masud for having a terrible performance and for political reason.

Now, faruk is saying to drop mushfique and bring pilot.

There were huge support for Mushi when he was included thats becuase not Mushis form but pilots form. Every one wanted Piloted be ousted from ODI team. Faruk did the right thing. He dropped pilot. And the only keeper we had was mushi at that time. Remeber they also tried with rajin in zimbo but it didn't work. anyway now becuase of Mushis form he needs to be dropped and Unlucky us we have no good keeper in the pipe line but pilot. so u do the math

Tigers_eye
February 26, 2008, 05:36 PM
Hmmm…

Mushi'r baap BNP korlei'jay mushi'r BNP kortey hobay tar ki kono manay asey? Plus or party korar boyosh hoi nai. I mean "real party" korar boyosh hoisay kintu politics korar boyosh hoi nai. :)

Food for thought Miraz bhai. Ei legend'rey jodi kono din enterview naan tho please ask the above question.

Jamaat'er din shesh. Hawa bodlai gasey.

Nope he is a businessman. :) Ekhon kara pawoar'a asey? Agey kara silo? agamitey kara thakbey? Great!!

Fazal
February 26, 2008, 05:38 PM
Exactly There were huge support for Mushi when he was included thats becuase not Mushis form but pilots form. Every one wanted Piloted be ousted from ODI team. Faruk did the right thing. He dropped pilot. And the only keeper we had was mushi at that time.

The only problem was, at that time, Mushy was also having a bad form. It was the wrong tim to give him that promotion. Thats why even though I am a supporter for new blood I was worried about Mushy's future. Looks like the nightmare is turning out to be a reality. So I am not ready to give a free ride to Faruk yet. If Mushy's career goes to the gutter, in my mind, Faruk is partially to be balmed also.

Fazal
February 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
Mushi'r baap BNP korlei'jay mushi'r BNP kortey hobay tar ki kono manay asey? Plus or party korar boyosh hoi nai. I mean "real party" korar boyosh hoisay kintu politics korar boyosh hoi nai. :)

beta Dhujoy kisuyee shiklo na. baaper lagan na pailey ki hobe, Polar upor diyee to protishodh neetey parto.

Naki they are trying to brainwash pola i.e trying to make Golden Boy a Awami Leaguer. And then Shongsharey Aguuun !!!!!! Baap BNP, Pola Awami League. Maa maj Khandeyeee Army Party korbey.

Dhakablues
February 26, 2008, 06:48 PM
The only problem was, at that time, Mushy was also having a bad form. It was the wrong tim to give him that promotion. Thats why even though I am a supporter for new blood I was worried about Mushy's future. Looks like the nightmare is turning out to be a reality. So I am not ready to give a free ride to Faruk yet. If Mushy's career goes to the gutter, in my mind, Faruk is partially to be balmed also.

100% agreement. Mushfique has been brought into this controversy by Faruque himself. For such an early age, Mushfique was not ready for being a Test wicketkeeper and also bat when 5 wickets are down. For ODI, he was okay. The new selectors dont have any brains that they can come up with new ideas ( hence they select Nazmul for pace bowler and Razzaque for lone spinner)

dash
February 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
this thread is enuff to potray our national charecter.
disgusted

Omio
February 26, 2008, 07:06 PM
khaise, amar dada chlo gamcha party tai amar aj ei obostha..hehehe

Ajfar
February 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
valo...ghorowaa..rajnite cholchee..ke thik..ar kee bethikk..kemnee bujum??

BagherBacha
February 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
player selection a kono politics involvement nai, period. [ edited ]. others who are replying in his thread are just being sarcastic, i am sure abt that. [ edited ]

Ajfar
February 26, 2008, 09:33 PM
player selection a kono politics involvement nai, period. [ edited ]. others who are replying in his thread are just being sarcastic, i am sure abt that. [ edited ]

k...seriously...r u jokinggg???? kono selection e politics involvement nai...kii apnee kii ekjon selector nake jee...

DJ Sahastra
February 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
I had like to see Begum Khaleda Zia and Sheikh Haseena be picked up to open for Bangladesh :smug:

irteja
February 26, 2008, 10:40 PM
I had like to see Begum Khaleda Zia and Sheikh Haseena be picked up to open for Bangladesh :smug:
:lol::lol:

Antora
February 27, 2008, 12:13 AM

:-|

roi
February 27, 2008, 02:41 AM
I think Rafiq should retire now with honour and dignity. Look at Habibul....you may not same stage in next year also.

auntu
February 27, 2008, 02:52 AM
Pilot case is different. He is disliked by every one for 2003 WC:D

Man .... :-| ki bolbo what he did their at SA .. horrible. bad attitude with players.. i heard drinking prob ... fosti nosti with :o SA girls what not. this is from a reliable source who was allso in the same hotel.... Allah maf koruk

auntu
February 27, 2008, 03:03 AM
I still remember DJ's poster at our place Dhanmondi
says : Haji Naimur Rahman Durjoy. :lol:
At the press meeting at Abahani club with Joy answer to the qus. of his official retirement on Int'l cricket he said with smile, " yeah you can say by declareing future career with politics my Int'l creer is officialy over.' so much lack of proffecional attitude from him..... i dont think he was prepare for this selection job. he dose'nt deserve this post. A 100% political person with bad attitude to establish his power on weaks..:hairpull::hairpull:

Shaan
February 27, 2008, 03:28 AM
bai forget politics you know what kind of attitude people over BD have when they are supporting AL or BNP, not alone Durjoy, Faruk has done lots of harm of Dujoy's career cause Durjoy was AL supporter, thats very common in BD. Kahli bash maramari!!! SO, no point to just addressing Durjoy alone. Give all the selectors to have attitude of not biased by any party affiliation, thats all..!!! Probably we better keep focus on the cricket then politics in Banglacricket forum rather than our selectors :) Ek hathe khokhono thali bajena, every action has own reaction!!

Tigermama
February 27, 2008, 07:03 AM

I would like to see Tariq Rehman as Captain and Sajib Wajed as VC.....

BagherBacha
February 27, 2008, 07:39 AM
bai forget politics you know what kind of attitude people over BD have when they are supporting AL or BNP, not alone Durjoy, Faruk has done lots of harm of Dujoy's career cause Durjoy was AL supporter, thats very common in BD. Kahli bash maramari!!! SO, no point to just addressing Durjoy alone. Give all the selectors to have attitude of not biased by any party affiliation, thats all..!!! Probably we better keep focus on the cricket then politics in Banglacricket forum rather than our selectors :) Ek hathe khokhono thali bajena, every action has own reaction!!

Durjoy was given enough chance befores he was let go. he would have been let go long before if he was not captain. all tha fans didn't want him as well. he was scoring 15-20 and then got out, let alone his bowling

Ajfar
February 27, 2008, 10:20 AM

n Ershad as the coach..

lamisa
February 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
Man .... :-| ki bolbo what he did their at SA .. horrible. bad attitude with players.. i heard drinking prob ... fosti nosti with :o SA girls what not. this is from a reliable source who was allso in the same hotel.... Allah maf koruk

u r 100% right.i didnt hear about the sa one but i know of his past.i also heard from an exceptionally reliable source,many members of bc knows that person so would not like to mention names.but i hear that shala is ek numberer luichcha.

lamisa
February 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
what did he do in 2003wc?

lamisa
February 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
which mahboob are you people talking about?

Fazal
February 27, 2008, 11:20 AM
which mahboob are you people talking about?

Amaro to akyee kotha. Which Mahboob people are talking?

Lommba Mahboob na Pichhi Mahboob?
Kala Mahboob na Dhola Magboob?
Swedish Mahboob na Londonya mahboob?

FagunerAgun
February 27, 2008, 01:04 PM

Good idea but then within a few minutes they will start beating each other, the winner will stay on the pitch with lies, corruption and more killing attitude.

Then ICC must create a caretaker government for safety.

Murad
February 27, 2008, 01:53 PM
Mahmubur Rahman was a good man, no doubt about it. That's why he wasn't kicked out unlike the others. But he lacks the knowledge of cricket. He doesn't know anything about cricket. He was a businessman and had no relation to cricket but was made a CEO of the cricket board. And he did make so many mistakes in the past.

BCB is now looking for someone who knows about cricket. Someone who previously had relation to cricket. Like someone played for some divisions or the national team before. And I think it will be better if we can get someone from cricket family and that way we will see some good move in the future.

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 02:04 PM
Mahmubur Rahman was a cricket commentator though ;)

Murad
February 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
lolz

When?

I hope you are not talking about a different Mahmudur Rahman :-p

KnightBD
February 27, 2008, 02:08 PM
I seriously doubt about the source... it is renowned for it's crapy news

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 02:12 PM
lolz

When?

I hope you are not talking about a different Mahmudur Rahman :-p

oh good old days he used to give commentary in the local games that was broacasted via BTV...

some one can back me up on those... BTW he used read NEWS at 10 too.

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 02:12 PM
I seriously doubt about the source... it is renowned for it's crapy news

what news u r talking about?

skhondoker
February 27, 2008, 02:22 PM
instead of playing for Bangladesh against other nations...they would start playing between themselves....BOLBE....JATIOTABAD vs JOYBANGLA-er test match

I would like to see Tariq Rehman as Captain and Sajib Wajed as VC.....

auntu
February 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
Mahmudur Rahman used to give regular TV commentary on english on our home matches. He used to read news at 10.00 as far as I can recall I've seen him 3/4 months back also. His voice and accent are arguably one of the best in BD./:)

auntu
February 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
Once I heard his reaction on leaving BCB to newspaper (prob Prothom Alo) that he had 3 goals in BCB No. 1 Corporate culture in BCB No. 2 Establishing BD voice in ICC No. 3.Upgrade Tigers performance. He expressed that no 1 & 2 have achieved to some extent, no. 3's credit is not his own it is a team work.

djnaved
February 28, 2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe whatever you are saying is true. It can be, I know. But Inquilab is not a good source. Let's get an unbiased source, shall we?

bro it's now in most of the newspapers...

rafique bangladesher cricket politicser ashol mukhosh khule dise:-D

akabir77
February 28, 2008, 04:07 PM
then how about this one?
http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=90625

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 04:09 PM
From the impressions I get, I suspect these players support these parties(just a guess for fun plz dont take it the wrong way) :
Mohammad Ashraful:too busy with cricket no time for politics or romance
Mashrafe Mortaza: ?
Habibul Bashar: Awami League
Mohammad Rafique:BNP
Javed Omar:BNP
Shahriar Nafees:Awami League
Tamim Iqbal:BNP
Shahadat Hossain:Awami League
Khaled Mashud:Awami League
Alok Kapali:Awami League
Junaid Siddique:BNP
Syed Rasel:BNP
Abdur Rajjak:Awami League

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 04:11 PM
I think Naimur Rahman Durjoy should be sacked

akabir77
February 28, 2008, 04:14 PM
I think Naimur Rahman Durjoy should be sacked

I agree and add "Immediately" with that....

cricman
February 28, 2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4420494a10133.html

Rafique announced earlier this month he would retire from test cricket after the series against South Africa, which also includes three one-dayers.

"I have decided to quit the cricket as mark of protest against a group people in the Bangladesh Cricket Board, who do not like to see me in squads," Rafique told a news conference.

"These officials who did not allow me to play test cricket for nearly three years, are now back in the board. So I have decided to quit," added the 37-year-old, who has played in 32 tests and 125 one-day internationals.

BanCricFan
February 28, 2008, 04:29 PM
I agree and add "Immediately" with that....

I agree, he cant help but bring his political bias to the cricket. Ah! compared to this Akram, Durjoy and Baghmama bunch Athar, Nousher and Farukh were Godsends to BD cricket!

Dhakablues
February 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
"Rafique' er mukhey Hashi nai... Selector er Fashi Chai";
Ek dofa Ek dabi,, Durjoy Rafique kobey Jabi!!
--Shadharon Dorshok Banner

Fazal
February 28, 2008, 09:11 PM
From the impressions I get, I suspect these players support these parties(just a guess for fun plz dont take it the wrong way) :

Tapos Bhaisa - Muslim League

Correction-

Alok Kapalia - Jamati

DJ Sahastra
February 28, 2008, 09:15 PM

Given the hurry that Ashraful seems to be in everytime he shows up at the crease, i would say he is "too busy for cricket" instead of "too busy in cricket".