PDA

View Full Version : Good News! No Haba

HabaGuba
February 26, 2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=90394

it sayz depending on the pitch condition, they r thinking of either adding razzk or rajin.

:notworthy:

bye bye habu:-D:D

Sovik
February 26, 2008, 06:13 PM
they should have done this long ago or haba should have retired with some dignity

djnaved
February 26, 2008, 06:15 PM
ah ekta wicket porlo:-D

arekta wicket ache, batsmanta ke?:smug:

FagunerAgun
February 26, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah this is a good news for the same result.

al Furqaan
February 26, 2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah this is a good news for the same result.

maybe so, but we can't move forward with the likes of bashar, pilot, javed.

javed is done, and looks like haba is as well.

only pilot *deserves* a recall, and even that is short term until mushy steps up.

Ajfar
February 26, 2008, 07:22 PM
ahh finally gud newss

tipu_09
February 26, 2008, 08:21 PM
thats positive!!

Pundit
February 26, 2008, 09:27 PM
If its a batsman, who will it be?

Unlike in the past, I don't have much bhorosha with Rajin. Maybe a dour 35 ain't too bad.

Murad
February 26, 2008, 09:54 PM
look what the cheap selector said about bashar in the article. "don't forget sumon's contribution to the bangladesh cricket." why do they have to bring this issue everytime they talk about him? past is past. we have to work on present.

shala baghmama.. jodi tomake konodin pai....tomar pichone jodi ami bilai na lagai... :mad:

Foozy
February 26, 2008, 10:10 PM
FINALLY!!!
This is a good one! That guy was totally useless in the current squad, and rather a head-ache!
I hope Rajin is added! What we need is more runs! Desperately! And as far as I know Rajin scores fairly well every 2-3 matches. He is pretty consistent compared to Bangladesh standards. Now even if he does not score the first match, I would give him another chance since the selectors played Bashar at his expense for quite some time now, and he needs to warm up against quality opposition. Having said that, I do think that he will play a good knock, possibly in the second innings!
NO HABIBUL BASHAR!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!:D:D

irteja
February 26, 2008, 10:18 PM
Alhamdullilah...THANKS GOD

tiger_omar
February 26, 2008, 11:31 PM
What happened to Enamul jr. I thought he was supposed to be the replacement of Rafique is Test cricket. Why is Razzak being considered over Enamul, just wondering?

Sohel
February 26, 2008, 11:57 PM
I'm waitng for the official announcement.

Antora
February 27, 2008, 12:02 AM
wooot wooot!

Nafis_BD
February 27, 2008, 12:10 AM
Great news. I am eager to see who comes in for him, if he does gets dropped.

If its a batsman, who will it be?

Unlike in the past, I don't have much bhorosha with Rajin. Maybe a dour 35 ain't too bad.

Right now I think anyone is better than Habibul Bashar. Remember 35s are better than 2s and 3s. If only Bashar had scored these 35s then probably our score would have been much higher than it was(although not too high and not for long judging by our batsmen's habits)and that would have helped.

Niceman70
February 27, 2008, 01:36 AM
shala baghmama.. jodi tomake konodin pai....tomar pichone jodi ami bilai na lagai... :mad:[/quote]

are u assuming he is a rat?

auntu
February 27, 2008, 02:25 AM
Shukria Alhamdulliah

It should bee A. Razzak in.

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 03:22 AM
Farhad should be in...if we need a batter.

ripon
February 27, 2008, 03:51 AM
alhamdulillah this is great news, the best news i have heard in years..

-Bye bye Haba .

bulbul_fan
February 27, 2008, 04:06 AM
i doubt shomakal...if it comes true..beleive me nobody will be happier than me!:)

zainab
February 27, 2008, 07:56 AM
I dont think Bashar will be dropped. he will be given one more chance. selectors are still in the past mode.still hoping that he can be MR 50 once again.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2008, 09:07 AM
Did you guys read the report. Stop speculating and jumping up and down!! He is still in. There is no replacement. Go read the whole thing. Tell me where you get the message that he is not playing in Chittagong test. Polapain, khali sensation news ditey chai.

I am not buying any of this rubbish unless the fianl 11 is announced.

lamisa
February 27, 2008, 10:04 AM
OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!ami paray mishti bilabo,shokor alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!
BYEEEEEEE HABA!!!!!!

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
BYEEEEEEE HABA!!!!!!
mana korlam agey agey lafaitey, ar ek jon mishtir hari niya aisey. Ki jala...

Miraz
February 27, 2008, 10:19 AM
Bashar is probably playing.

I don't know whether there is any settlement regarding his retirement.

lamisa
February 27, 2008, 10:31 AM
mana korlam agey agey lafaitey, ar ek jon mishtir hari niya aisey. Ki jala...

sorry bhai ami news linkta pori nai.shobai lafaitese bole amio khushi hoilam.jai howk,haba teame thakle mishti bair koira niye harita haba r selectorder mathay bhangbo r mishti gula bc fander modhhe bilabo coz den we wont be seeing haba in the 2nd test!

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 11:02 AM
like i said i will believe it when i see it or when i don't see it!!! huh, i am confused...

Like T_E says Kan chiley nisey kina kaney haat deay dekhen chiler pisey douranor agey...

Fazal
February 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
sorry bhai ami news linkta pori nai.shobai lafaitese bole amio khushi hoilam.

Sobai jodi boley lamisar kaan kakey neyee Geshee.... are you going to beleive that without veryfying yourslef?

jisaan
February 27, 2008, 12:09 PM
i really can't understand, why everyone is after Ha-Ba?

ripon
February 27, 2008, 12:11 PM
Did you guys read the report. Stop speculating and jumping up and down!! He is still in. There is no replacement. Go read the whole thing. Tell me where you get the message that he is not playing in Chittagong test. Polapain, khali sensation news ditey chai.

I am not buying any of this rubbish unless the fianl 11 is announced.
you may be right you know because as far im concerned siddons is not willing to change the side at all as a matter of fact he likes to mix the youngers with the experienced! Despite the loss, Siddons was not keen on changing the squad for the second Test. "You've got to give young players time. I think they have the talent to improve, even if it takes eight years. What happens if we bring all the experienced players back in and get the same results? I'm not going to do that." Jamie Siddons.

This really sucks, bad news after all I really doubt they will drop Bashar for the next test.

desirocker
February 27, 2008, 12:16 PM
Inshallah, Bangladesh will win this Test because no habla. HAHA.. Habla bashar ekhon theke shudu gorur Fresh dudu khabe and ad debe.

Rabz
February 27, 2008, 12:46 PM
You never know, this might be the test where Bashar might score a double ton (!!!) to win the match for us.!!!

Well, why dont we explore the both ends of the extreme?

Fazal
February 27, 2008, 12:49 PM
why stuck with double century... why not triple century?

People score triple century in TEST you know.

Beamer
February 27, 2008, 12:55 PM
You never know, this might be the test where Bashar might score a double ton (!!!) to win the match for us.!!!

Just saw a pig flying in the sky..

Dhakablues
February 27, 2008, 12:55 PM
On the same token, you never know,, we can also score the lowest test score of 12 runs an innings as well. Just the other day our junior team was bundled out for 43 runs,, I am sure we can senior that record with our brady bunch..

irteja
February 27, 2008, 01:03 PM

[বাংলা]২০০ রান ত অনেক দুরের কথা, হাবা যদি দুই ইনিংস মিলিয়ে ১০০ রানের বেশি করে আমি বাংলাক্রিকেটে আসা ছেড়ে দিব[/বাংলা]

Rabz
February 27, 2008, 01:09 PM
why stuck with double century... why not triple century?

People score triple century in TEST you know.

Just saw a pig flying in the sky..

only a triple? man thats as easy as a stroll down the gulistan mor...

he might even break Brian Lara's record....

mshakir56
February 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
Good news indeed ! The selectors need to be brave enough to dump the non performers in the team ! Be it Ashraful, Mushfig, Haba, or Jamal Uddin Khorgush !

irteja
February 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
only a triple? man thats as easy as a stroll down the gulistan mor...

he might even break Brian Lara's record....

Sydney bhi :floor:

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 01:15 PM
[বাংলা]২০০ রান ত অনেক দুরের কথা, হাবা যদি দুই ইনিংস মিলিয়ে ১০০ রানের বেশি করে আমি বাংলাক্রিকেটে আসা ছেড়ে দিব[/বাংলা]
Now I am in dilemma! Keeping you in BC or Bashar's 100s up runs?
I guess I do not have any other choice but to pray for Bashar's 100s and up.
I will miss you though.:)

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2008, 01:19 PM
Good news indeed ! ....
Which one? Fans predicting HB to make a century or 12 allout?

I have calculated if HB plays in SA away series:
He needs to score 40 runs in six innings to have a career average at 29.49. Possible but hard.
He needs to score 91 runs in six innings to have a career average at 29.99. Impossible. (good thing CricInfo does not round up averages)

I think the motive behind selecting HB in the team is to drag his average below 30. I can't find any other reason. :) What more can he give to BD test team?

sandpiper
February 27, 2008, 01:20 PM
We should open a research institute on Habibul Bashar :umm:

Omio
February 27, 2008, 01:21 PM
I feel sorry for HB, he is our another legend.
We shpuld have respect to him.

irteja
February 27, 2008, 01:23 PM
Now I am in dilemma! Keeping you in BC or Bashar's 100s up runs?
I guess I do not have any other choice but to pray for Bashar's 100s and up.
I will miss you though.:)

[বাংলা]হা হা কালপুরুষ ভাই, আপনি কিভাবে আশা করেন হাবা সেঞ্চুরী মারবে। যদি হাবা ১০০ রান করে তবে আমি অনেক খুশি হব। কিন্তু সে আশায় গুরবালি। গত ২০ টা ইনিংসে যে ৫০ রান করতে পারে না সে সাউথ আফ্রিকার সাথে শতরান করবে। হা হা হা। [/বাংলা]

reyme
February 27, 2008, 01:24 PM
BYEEEEEEE HABA!!!!!!

Dont you think you should save this for a TEST or ODI win, instead?

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 01:25 PM
We do have but Bashar lacks of it:saint:

Murad

I don't think he's a legend of Bangladesh Cricket.
He was just a great Test player of Bangladesh.

We have only one legend in Bangladesh Cricket and he is Sir Mohammed Rafique.

Tigers_eye
[বাংলা]হা হা কালপুরুষ ভাই, আপনি কিভাবে আশা করেন হাবা সেঞ্চুরী মারবে। যদি হাবা ১০০ রান করে তবে আমি অনেক খুশি হব। কিন্তু সে আশায় গুরবালি। গত ২০ টা ইনিংসে যে ৫০ রান করতে পারে না সে সাউথ আফ্রিকার সাথে শতরান করবে। হা হা হা। [/বাংলা]
lol, not 20, just the last 19 test innings. :) Tobay jaha unnish thahai bish.
Now if you add ODI innings then khek....27!! The last fifty came against Canada on Feb 28, 2007. Borsho purti - Dhaka time it is 28th Feb 2008)

Murad
February 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
Which one? Fans predicting HB to make a century or 12 allout?

I have calculated if HB plays in SA away series:
He needs to score 40 runs in six innings to have a career average at 29.49. Possible but hard.
He needs to score 91 runs in six innings to have a career average at 29.99. Impossible. (good thing CricInfo does not round up averages)

I think the motive behind selecting HB in the team is to drag his average below 30. I can't find any other reason. :) What more can he give to BD test team?

Bashar is really doing injustice to his great average. Last year he had 34+ Average and now only 30 point something. After this Test it will be 30 less.

Kothai ache na "lobe paap ar paape mrittu". O beshi khaite chaitese to shob e haraibe.. shomman niye retire korte parbe na. hope he retires after this Test.

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 01:29 PM
You mentioned Bashar's 100 runs in 2 innings, right? It's very difficult, but not impossible. Though, I am for Forhad instead of Bashar in the 2nd Test. :)

BANFAN
February 27, 2008, 01:51 PM
Forgotten eally, when he made some runs in test.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2008, 02:00 PM
You mentioned Bashar's 100 runs in 2 innings, right? It's very difficult, but not impossible. .. :)
sir,
(not impossible for old Bashar) Allow me shed some light on the real picture. I have memorized most of his stats. At one point Bashar was unstoppable. His reaction and hand-eye co-ordination was better than many greats. At home he had a run of 65, 108, 76 and 61. Ash and co. please read. In two away series back to back (Aus and Pakistan) he scored 520 runs in 10 innings. That is an average of 52. This includes a streach of scores 54, 46, 25, 71, 108, 97, 28, 72. Most recently (at 2006) he had three back to back 50's (69, 73, 76). These are all test innings that I am talking about. His past is full of glorious and memorable innings. Nowadays, dhum dharakka batsmen have miles to go to match any of Bashar's accomplishments.

(Impossible for the current Bashar) Now comes the H Bashar of 2007-08. Will end with this; he is a tab bit slower than the Bashar of past (that all it takes to score single digits). I would not put up his pathetic performance in recent times. But would ask him to retire with dignity. Just so that I can boldly say we a have test batsmen who averaged over 30. (Tamim has 30.8 now. But you never know with these young boys.)

BANFAN
February 27, 2008, 02:00 PM
Bashar is really doing injustice to his great average. Last year he had 34+ Average and now only 30 point something. After this Test it will be 30 less.

Kothai ache na "lobe paap ar paape mrittu". O beshi khaite chaitese to shob e haraibe.. shomman niye retire korte parbe na. hope he retires after this Test.

May be, money is more important to him, than averge and shamman !!

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 02:03 PM
i think bashar is playing deal or no deal every night. eventually he will have to leave with 5 dollars...

KnightBD
February 27, 2008, 02:03 PM
We do it... its our tradition... remember what we did with Alok in WC ??? ;)
We have to make someone SCAPEGOAT for our failures!!! :-D
So its like "oh, we would've won the match, but that guy blew it" :sick:

DotBall
February 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
i think bashar is playing deal or no deal every night. eventually he will have to leave with 5 dollars...
ha ha ha .... nicely put

Rommel
February 27, 2008, 03:45 PM
Geeze guys. Give Mr. Bashar some respect and don't act like crazy people just cause he might not be playing. He is our greatest batsmen and hes done a lot for our countries cricket. It will be a sad day for BD cricket when he retires. He deserves better than this.

auntu
February 27, 2008, 03:58 PM

khik khik khik bhaijan aita ki kon?:D

apne ki rafiq & co er chok dia dunia dekhen ni? :D:-p

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 04:05 PM
sir,
(not impossible for old Bashar) Allow me shed some light on the real picture. I have memorized most of his stats. At one point Bashar was unstoppable. His reaction and hand-eye co-ordination was better than many greats. At home he had a run of 65, 108, 76 and 61. Ash and co. please read. In two away series back to back (Aus and Pakistan) he scored 520 runs in 10 innings. That is an average of 52. This includes a streach of scores 54, 46, 25, 71, 108, 97, 28, 72. Most recently (at 2006) he had three back to back 50's (69, 73, 76). These are all test innings that I am talking about. His past is full of glorious and memorable innings. Nowadays, dhum dharakka batsmen have miles to go to match any of Bashar's accomplishments.

(Impossible for the current Bashar) Now comes the H Bashar of 2007-08. Will end with this; he is a tab bit slower than the Bashar of past (that all it takes to score single digits). I would not put up his pathetic performance in recent times. But would ask him to retire with dignity. Just so that I can boldly say we a have test batsmen who averaged over 30. (Tamim has 30.8 now. But you never know with these young boys.)
Mijan Bhai...like you, I respect old Bashar. Though, I do NOT have any hope left for current Bashar, thus, hoping Farhad gets a chance by replacing Bashar in the 2nd Test. Please note that...if Bashar is in the team (by blessings of our selectors!), he will have my good wish for sure then.:)

Fazal
February 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
While Bashar, already axed from the one-day side, looks likely to make way for a youngster in the batting line up, Rahim may be persisted with because of the faith of coach Jamie Siddons in his abilities. The Test will be followed by three one-dayers. -- NEwAgeBD

Rajin is no longer a youngster anymore. That means only one thing.... :joy:

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
Mijan Bhai...like you, I respect old Bashar. Though, I do NOT have any hope left for current Bashar, thus, hoping Farhad gets a chance by replacing Bashar in the 2nd Test. Please note that...if Bashar is in the team (by blessings of our selectors!), he will have my good wish for sure then.:)
Obayed bhai, and my best wishes too. Team boiley kotha. ;)

Fazal
February 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
Musolmaner ek kotha...either you want bashar or you don't... there is no in-between.

nsd3
February 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
Musolmaner ek kotha...either you want bashar or you don't... there is no in-between.
How about 12th man! :-D

djnaved
February 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
btw,

can't the bd selectors pick mahmudullah riyad insted of haba?

he is a batsman plus spinner:)

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 05:16 PM
btw,

can't the bd selectors pick mahmudullah riyad insted of haba?

he is a batsman plus spinner:)

And whats makes you think he will do wonder coming from out of no where?

djnaved
February 27, 2008, 05:23 PM
so whom you gonna pick? who is the best replacement for bashar?

though riyad played one odi against srilanka and scored 40 runs

Ajfar
February 27, 2008, 05:32 PM

LOL...i luv that show..i met howie mendel...he's a neat freak...

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 05:36 PM

though riyad played one odi against srilanka and scored 40 runs

Either reza or rajin (it has to be a bowler all rounder cause we are one bowler short or may be razzak)

We have no replacement for mushi cause a new keeper won't be able to do anything.

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 05:36 PM
LOL...i luv that show..i met howie mendel...he's a neat freak...

lucky you!!! did you meet only him or his models too ;)

BagherBacha
February 27, 2008, 07:11 PM
bashr won't retire unless selectors kick hi out. if he retires he will loose contract with bCb, will loose all these money. period. i don't have any respect for this guy. he used to be one of my fav players , not anymore. he can't even hold the bat anymore.

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 11:24 PM

Farhad:saint:

kalpurush
February 27, 2008, 11:26 PM
Obayed bhai, and my best wishes too. Team boiley kotha. ;)
Yes, Mijan bhai, thats the only reason...:saint:

Dhakablues
February 28, 2008, 12:36 AM
Dont expect too much. There will be at the most 2 changes and if that happens we need a spinner more than a batter to come. Lets not forget that we are playing with 3 bowlers, of which one is not doing great. In Test cricket, you dont play with 3 bowlers.... We didnt know that like our players, our selectors also have to reach that mental state of what it means of Test cricket. I think Razzaque is the person in than Farhad. And if they want to gamble with Mushfiques career,,, then it will be him again. There will be no other changes as it seems like Nafis is okay playing at 3

Antora
February 28, 2008, 02:16 AM
OMG!!!!!!! CELEBRATION TIME EVERYONE!
just saw on Rtv news that NO HABA (official announcement).
and............................................... ........

Rajin is replacing him!

tonoy
February 28, 2008, 02:18 AM

Rajin is replacing him!

wohoo! now I can remove him from the match thread.

bulbul_fan
February 28, 2008, 03:10 AM

Rajin is replacing him!

tthanks for the awsome news...thanks so much..i can breathe tonight peacefuly!

nobody
February 28, 2008, 03:10 AM
Ok Just saw in Channel I . It is official. HB is no more. Now the choice between the other loser from the school of Tushar Imran Rajin and Rajjak. BTW Rafiq squarely blame BCB for his retirement claiming the present set deprived him test during his peak in 2000 - 2003. So it is no point of carrying on when he would get rough deal every time. so it is better to leave with his head held high

yaseer
February 28, 2008, 03:40 AM
BDnews24 has confirmed that Habibul Bashar is not in the 12 men squad announced for the 2nd test at Chittagong.
Rajis Saleh replaced Habibul Bashar in the 12 men squad.

yaseer
February 28, 2008, 03:46 AM

Why celebration???

I also agree that dropping Habibul Bashar is the right decision but.....
Don't forget his contribution.....3000+ runs in tests......He has a legendary status in Bangladesh Cricekt.

My point is....we should not use kind of words or expressions....that shows dis-respect to our national heroes...who has served our country and contribute to cricekt a lot.

sharjilh
February 28, 2008, 04:09 AM
yes well in the context of the match tomorrow dropping Habibul Bashar who is out of form is probably a wise decision.....
however....will they play razzak or saleh?!?!? thats the question

Antora
February 28, 2008, 04:15 AM
Why celebration???

I also agree that dropping Habibul Bashar is the right decision but.....
Don't forget his contribution.....3000+ runs in tests......He has a legendary status in Bangladesh Cricekt.

My point is....we should not use kind of words or expressions....that shows dis-respect to our national heroes...who has served our country and contribute to cricekt a lot.

yes, i understand that it's dis-respecting him.
but... look at his batting.......look at his gadhami......look at his HABA-ness!!!:mad:
after that i can't have respect for him. Once upon a time i had respect for him but not anymore! He has contributed a lot to our cricket but he has just lost it and should retire ASAP. yes he maybe a legend in bd but to me he aint a lengend. Rafique is the legend

tiger_omar
February 28, 2008, 04:16 AM
Just heard the news that Bashar got dropped. Hopefully he has played his last international match for Bangladesh.

To be honnest, we have lots to be thankful of to Bashar for his contributions to our national team and he was one of our best player of all time at his prime, so Thank you Shumon chacha :clap:.

But now I think its time to celebrate a new beggining.

HIP HIP, HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! :fire::fire:

nsd3
February 28, 2008, 04:52 AM
bdnews24.com: Habibul Bashar has been dropped from Bangladesh's Test squad for the second Test against South Africa because of poor performance. The team management Thursday announced a 12-member squad with middle order Rajin Saleh coming in for the former Bangladesh captain during the Chittagong Test. The second and final Test between the Tigers and the Proteas begins Friday at Birshreshtha Shaheed Ruhul Amin Stadium in the port city.

http://cricket.bdnews24.com/himage/top.jpg

checkmate
February 28, 2008, 05:34 AM
Damn!!
I feel Bad that Basher is not playing!
who will i Bash if Bangladesh lose the second test,(though i hope not).
basher has done enough for bangladesh. had he left a little earlier he would have got a better farewell.

Nocturnal
February 28, 2008, 06:03 AM
Bashar dropped from Chittagong Test

Chittagong, Feb 28 (bdnews24.com) - Habibul Bashar has been dropped from Bangladesh's Test squad for the second Test against South Africa because of poor performance.

The team management Thursday announced a 12-member squad with middle order Rajin Saleh coming in for the former Bangladesh captain during the Chittagong Test.

The second and final Test between the Tigers and the Proteas begins Friday at Birshreshtha Shaheed Ruhul Amin Stadium in the port city.

Bashar is being dropped from the Test squad for the first time since Bangladesh gained Test status in 2000.

The top order batsman missed two Test series against visiting New Zealand in 2004 due to a thumb injury. Bashar has played 50 Tests out of Bangladesh's 52 appearances.

Bashar made 11 and two in the Dhaka Test against visiting South Africa that prompted the team management to drop him from the squad.

The former Bangladesh captain has not been in rhythm since his 76-run knock against Australia at Narayanganj Osmani Stadium in April 2006. Since then, he has scored 246 runs in 18 innings of nine Tests with an average of 13.66.

The 35-year-old batsman scored 3026 runs in 50 Tests with an average of 30.87 that also included 24 half-centuries and three hundreds.

Bangladesh's 12-member Chittagong Test squad will be: Tamim Iqbal, Junaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Rajin Saleh, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain and Abdur Razzak.

Nocturnal
February 28, 2008, 06:16 AM
Thanks to selectors for finally dropping HB.
and someone should tell him that he is no SG.....so better retire.

thasan
February 28, 2008, 06:34 AM
its a good news indeed...but it would have been much better if haba had some budhdhi and retired after the first test. sad way to end a glorious (ONCE it was!) career.

cricket_pagol
February 28, 2008, 06:38 AM
bashar should take the cue and retire with dignity!!!

BanCricFan
February 28, 2008, 06:45 AM
Finally, good move by the "selectors"!

Wish you all the best Bashar...you will be remembered fondly.

Megh
February 28, 2008, 07:21 AM
feels good to hear this. but i wish rahim was outta team as well and pilot replaced his place. that would be perfect

zainab
February 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
I feel that they will go with Razzak as an extra bowler and hope that the batsmen score some runs.

abu2abu
February 28, 2008, 07:48 AM
I think rajin will get the nod, it would be right to further degrade our fragile batting lineup.

Bashar can't have any complaints about this. If you don't get runs you get dropped. That's the way it goes and he should be aware of this. The fact is as a senior player (due to his fine playing history) he has failed to lead from the front...

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 08:32 AM
FINALLY ! ... #:-S

Eternal gratitude to Coach Siddons, AKA 'Team Management' ... :applause::applause::applause:

Looks like he humored Tiger Mama and Biriyani Boys for as long as he humanly could.

Looking forward to good stuff from Razzak. If the pitch cracks and turns a bit, he's likely to turn the ball well. His aggression and variety make him potentially a better test or 'wicket-taking' bowler from what we've seen. He's a pretty decent low order bat also BTW. Certainly better than MaMu and Rafiq at this point.

SS
February 28, 2008, 08:46 AM
good decision but could have been better if some non performing players admit they are not fit to play...
Mash,Mushfiq, Ash will fail again. I do not know about Tamim,Big Z,Aftab,Sakib probably max 30s score and still we dream to take the test into 4th or 5th day. When these players played 5 consecutive days game, I don't remember. All faults for our organizers, officials for not arranging quality test like cricket where our biriyani boys can stay in the crease and play for five straight days. Ridiculous to expect any quality play in test cricket.

gunda
February 28, 2008, 08:47 AM
:joy::great: THIS IS tHE bEST NEWS I'Ve HEARD....:-D

lamisa
February 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
Dont you think you should save this for a TEST or ODI win, instead?

tokhon arek hari kinbo r ki!:big_hug:

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2008, 11:02 AM
I think rajin will get the nod, it would be right to further degrade our fragile batting lineup....
Just a note, anyone, be it Abdur Razzak or Forhad Reza replacing HB will improve the batting lineup. Not to say the bowling and fielding.

Eshen
February 28, 2008, 11:09 AM
Bashar said he is not going to retire before end of this year, i.e. he is not going to give up his Tk 80K monthly salary that he gets as a contracted player. It's fine with me as long our ghada selectors don't try to bring him back.

abu2abu
February 28, 2008, 11:22 AM
FINALLY ! ... #:-S
Looking forward to good stuff from Razzak. If the pitch cracks and turns a bit, he's likely to turn the ball well. His aggression and variety make him potentially a better test or 'wicket-taking' bowler from what we've seen. He's a pretty decent low order bat also BTW. Certainly better than MaMu and Rafiq at this point.

Check the other thread, it looks like rajin will be playing in place of Haba.

To be honest in tests, I don't think razzak is that much better as a bowler than Shakib ...

akabir77
February 28, 2008, 11:32 AM

To be honest in tests, I don't think razzak is that much better as a bowler than Shakib ...
Acording to bangladesherkhela Ash said the final 11 will be in the morning and they might pick razzak depending on the pitch...

riaz131
February 28, 2008, 11:33 AM
ALHAMDULILLAH, finally! :fire::fire:

U-17, 1999
February 28, 2008, 07:36 PM
i am a lil obnoxious because i still believe haba will come out of bad patch and will score..

Dhakablues
February 28, 2008, 08:20 PM
I thought one looks at morning pitch to decide whether to get a pacer or a spinner.. how do you decide between a spinner or a batter after looking at morning pitch? That too when the decision last for 2.5 days ( 5 days for other test nation)

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 09:57 PM

THANKFULLY the final XI hasn't been decided yet but there are rumors from the BD camp that Ash is more inclined to go with a batsman no matter what.

I don't agree with you at all when comes to Razzak "not being that much better than Shakib in tests". Let's see how it unfolds ... :)

Murad
February 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
THANKFULLY the final XI hasn't been decided yet but there are rumors from the BD camp that Ash is more inclined to go with a batsman no matter what.

I don't agree with you at all when comes to Razzak "not being that much better than Shakib in tests". Let's see how it unfolds ... :)

He has reasons for that. Our batsmen are not doing good. SO its always better to go with an extra batsman.

Plus we have 3 part-time bowelrs besides the 3 main bowlers. Sakib, Ash himself and Aftab. Saleh will bowl a few overs as well.

So I don't see why we need Razzak in the playing eleven.

Fazal
February 28, 2008, 10:13 PM
Basically we are playing with two bowlers Shahadat and Rafiq. Mashrafee is basically invisible. Sakib is a part timer. The rest three (Ash, Rajin and Aftab) are just pocket change and after thoughts.

If the first few SA batsman clicks, good luck Bangladesh..... it will be a long long day for our bowlers.

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 10:15 PM
He has reasons for that. Our batsmen are not doing good. SO its always better to go with an extra batsman.

Plus we have 3 part-time bowelrs besides the 3 main bowlers. Sakib, Ash himself and Aftab. Saleh will bowl a few overs as well.

So I don't see why we need Razzak in the playing eleven.

Not taking the 'Myth of Rajin' into account, I think Ash better focus on his top order delivering the goods as a unit in terms of runs, starting with himself. He is positively talismanic and we always have a chance when he sustains a partnership and scores big as the consequence.

Rajin has accomplished a hattrick of :duck:s already and I won't be surprised if goes on to make that a dubious 'double' of 4 in-a-row! He didn't improve technically in the NCL and still plays accross the line and shuffles about uncomfortably inside the crease, making him a perfect LBW candidate. He also does not see the ball early enough, creating all sorts of other possibilities for bowlers like Steyn, Morkel and Kallis. He still can't rotate the strike and the less said about the sheer torture of watching him blocking half-volleys and full-tosses the better! He has always been a scrappy little stop-gap measure with a solid innings or two in the past, and I don't think we'll see him in the national fold for too long. I doubt he'll prove me wrong.

In test cricket you need 20 wickets to compete. Just relying on Rajib and Rafiq alongside the mystifying moods of MaMu won't get us there. Shakib's ODI-style 'containment' bowling won't get us wickets IMHO.

nzfan
February 28, 2008, 10:21 PM
shakib is a one day allrounder, ash, aftab, rajin etc are all part timers not all rounders there is a difference. An allrounder is somebody like jaque kallis,jacob oram, or ifran pathan

Murad
February 28, 2008, 10:21 PM
Both (Sohel hai & Fazal bhai) of you are correct.

Ki je kori...... ki je team amader.. kono solution nai.. ek dhike palla bhari kori to arek dhike kome jai... :confused::confused:

I think it willl be better to replace Sakib with Razzak, then we will have 3.5 bowlers. Mash=1/2

Dhakablues
February 29, 2008, 02:43 AM
Hence the idea of taking test cricket as it is... Considering Mirpur, Ashraful thought that Shahadat will always bowl like that,, he is getting better but he also needs support from other bowlers. If Mashrafee flops, we dont have another bowler who can step in. Test cricket is about taking wickets,, and if we are to play with only 2 effective bowler.. we do have some innings defeat written all over ..

U-17, 1999
February 29, 2008, 03:53 AM
the highlight of this match is STUPID Selectors and Coach

what the hell they think themselves?
they are playing with Razzak, Rafique, Mash, Shahadat, Shakib in a bating paradice and even with Most hablu keeper Mushfik..if habibul is out for performance then why mushfik retained his place..
i really hate these politics with sports..
sometimes i hate myself being bangladeshi born, at least i am mixed blooded
Come on buddy try respect the man you call HaBa oday..he is the key who brought Bangladesh here, he made you dreaming at least..i know he is in bad patch .. but he deserves respect as well as Javed Omar..not these young tamim iqbal..or 1 innigs blazers
sorry i am just exhausted with these BCB..they give job to their relatives..i have seen how Bikash Ranjan Dash played for bangladesh..i have seen that time the power of coaches..
i request you to try to resist these .. players are dolls .. the people in BCB .. whoever it is use them.. so i dont blame them too much..our country players have the most pressure on their mind then any other country else..