PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like Harbhajan Singh?

mona
February 27, 2008, 11:39 PM
It's all about Bhajji this summer, and most of the Aussies are having a go at him.

So what are your thoughts? Are the Australians right - is he an obnoxious little weed or is he the poor guy at the centre of a big misunderstanding?

Personally, having watched pretty much the entire series - I think his on-field behaviour has been pretty much exceptional. After the 2nd Test, it's clear that he's tried to stay out of trouble. However, it appears that trouble in the guise of whiny Australian cricket players finds him in the end. I think the Aussie players, and the public too, think that the BCCI pulled some major strings to get Bhajji off the hook and that's why they're so bitter and can't get over it.

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2008, 11:45 PM
I have always maintained that there's a difference between classy aggression and stupidity.

Ganguly for captain!

Ehsan
February 27, 2008, 11:53 PM
Nope, I don't like him as a bowler nor as a person. I remember when he toured BD last time, he showed the middle-finger to the crowd.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2008, 12:42 AM
Tug at teenage Bangladeshi batsman's leg when they were going down in the WC.

BD-Shardul
February 28, 2008, 01:01 AM
I don't like this bhaji guy either. Hyden perfectly called him 'obnoxious weed'.

Look will Oz ever say this sort of stuff about Dravid? I don't think so, because Dravid is a gentleman indeed. But bhaji is not. And Oz just said what he is.

Surfer
February 28, 2008, 01:11 AM
Harbhajan Singh has a short fuse. And the fuse is easy to light. The Australians are having a go at him because they know for sure that he is one player who can be easily provoked into stupid acts. Australian aggression is mostly planned and they happen to be in control. Bhajji's aggression is natural, spontaneous and crosses the line frequently- not because he is bad, but because he has never learned to control anger.

Anger can be a good thing on field. It can do goods or it can destroy you. The jelly beans incident made Zaheer Khan angry. As a result he destroyed the English batters in their own backyard. You should know how to use that anger.

The simple fact is that Harbhajan Singh has failed to play the mind games effectively. The Aussies find an easy target in him and thats why they always go after him.

Tintin
February 28, 2008, 01:32 AM
It would help if he is bowling well. Going by the performance alone, he shouldn't be in the Indian team and seems to be there on past reputation (a very distant past) and because he is always in the news because of his antics.

cricman
February 28, 2008, 01:41 AM
I could open a Do you like Ricky Ponting poll and I wonder what the results would be?

James90
February 28, 2008, 03:06 AM
Bhajji is a weed...he's been the same way for his entire career. I don't know whether the Australian are being too precious or the BCCI are trying to save face by threatening to leave the tour but it's surprising that it's only now that his behaviour is getting so much attention.

Murali Kartik has done well in the few opportunities he's had recently. I don't understand why he's not playing the ODIs.

BD-Shardul
February 28, 2008, 03:19 AM
Anger can be a good thing on field. It can do goods or it can destroy you. The jelly beans incident made Zaheer Khan angry. As a result he destroyed the English batters in their own backyard. You should know how to use that anger.

I agree.

BanCricFan
February 28, 2008, 06:57 AM
Weed is definitely not my cup of tai.

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 08:54 AM
Mi no lyk Beji, khee no quool, khee rood, tu pool ob khisselb.

Good bowler especially on Indians wickets, pero steel, mi no lyk kheem!

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2008, 09:41 AM
My dislike order: (On the field)
1) Ponting's captaincy. As a player he is a treat to watch though.
2) Herbi. classless. On and off the field.
3) Shoaib Akhtar fix my hair.
4) Shahid Afridi - Madonna #2.
5) haydous's his big mount. Just because he is a monster he has no right to look down upon others.
6) Had to add M Clark. Liar!!
7) Rashid Latif.
You will not find Sree in this list. Look hard but you will not find him. He tries his heart out and gives 110% everytime. I like his aggression. Time to time he becomes a laughing stock but I like him.

GuruTM
February 28, 2008, 09:55 AM
Harbhajan is my most favourite cricketer in the Indian team. He has the ability to get under the skins of the Australians, he is cunning, would make for an outstanding captain if he is given the chance to lead the Indian side. In the current scenes that has been boiling over the recent past is way too overblown, hyped up by the Australian racist media. Bajji has a great sense of humor, he is cheeky and he has a backbone to walk upright, which is the Australians don't like to see in an Asian cricketer. In saying that, Aussis are master sledgers, shows domineering attitude all the time which they enjoys throughly and that is what i like about their cricket. Its just that Bajji is giving them back what they dish out to others. Its good to see sometimes that others are also trying to master that art. By the look of it, they want to teach him a severe lesson by isolating him from the Indian side by bringing him into disrepute. The master bully is at its best. This is entertaining, throughly entertaining.

Nafi
February 28, 2008, 01:27 PM
He is definitely a weed

Beamer
February 28, 2008, 03:45 PM
I like his bowling. He is a classical off spinner. I don't mind his diatribes either on the field.

crickwizard
February 28, 2008, 08:32 PM
No, and sick of this issue- both. He is childish and annoying (probably stupid too)

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 10:02 PM
Beji Sing no stupi, pero khee ees enoing y erogant.

tonoy
February 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
Beji Sing no stupi, pero hee ees enoing y erogant.

que va! lol

Sohel
February 28, 2008, 10:27 PM
que va! lol

Horale vato! Viva la raza, viva la comunidad ... :cool:

tonoy
February 28, 2008, 10:39 PM
amen hermano!

DJ Sahastra
February 28, 2008, 10:40 PM
I don't like Harbhajan. But i absolutely like the way he has stood up to the Aussies. And i don't like Hayden & Ponting a 100 times over.

Fazal
February 28, 2008, 10:46 PM
Do You Like Harbhajan Singh?

In what sense?

insideedge
February 28, 2008, 10:55 PM
Australian cricketers are used to the idea of getting under the skins of the opposition.But they cannot take it when the opposition pays them in the same coin. They are not able to cope when Sreesanth, Harbhajan etc are getting under their skins.

It is not a matter of liking or disliking Harbhajan. It is a matter of standing up to the Australians. And in this matter, Harbhajan has done admirably, and I must say this is something new for the Australians, and they are obviously rattled by the thought that some opposition players can actually act that way.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2008, 11:00 PM
qué arrogancia? puede él incluso deletrean arrogancia? hay diferencia entre arrogancia y estupidez.

criccric
February 29, 2008, 12:36 AM
Echoing other's feelings - not a Bhajji fan - but here is a conspiracy theory.
Bhajji is not performing and Oz wants him to remain in the Indian team. By antagonizing him, Aussie stoke Indian ego keeping Bhajji in the team longer.

Or Maybe I am overestimating Oz. :-D :-D :-D

Sohel
February 29, 2008, 01:11 AM
qué arrogancia? puede él incluso deletrean arrogancia? hay diferencia entre arrogancia y estupidez.

¡Ciertamente hay una diferencia mi compañero, pero pienso que él exhibe de vez en cuando ambas características!

A propósito ... ¡Qué buen Español! ¿Usted aprendió en escuela secundaria o universidad?

Murad
February 29, 2008, 01:12 AM
I thought its is strongly against the forum rule to use any other language other than English and Bengali :confused:

I want some mod actions against mod asif and sohel bhai.. ami kisu bujhte partesina onara ki boltese.. :D

Rabz
February 29, 2008, 01:48 AM
I think HS is a down right flat idiot.
Never liked him.

Obnoxious weed.

AsifTheManRahman
February 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
¡Qué buen Español! ¿Usted aprendió en escuela secundaria o universidad?

Gracias. New York City. Vocabulario se limita realmente.

Murad bhai's right - I'll stop here. :)

Nafi
March 1, 2008, 03:56 AM
No neciessito tus hablas en espanol en el forum de banglacrickete

Fazal
March 1, 2008, 06:25 AM
YEs hey hablas don't act like Habla.... no espanol... Banglayee kotha ko...

Bengali Bum
March 2, 2008, 01:40 AM
Bajji's brain needs some air.
his brain is suffocating.

Alien
March 2, 2008, 06:35 AM

Breaking your own rules are you? ;)

Sohel
March 2, 2008, 06:48 AM
Beji (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Dwarf_mongoose_Korkeasaari_zoo.jpg) did gu, khee no stupi tude ... :D

Alien
March 3, 2008, 07:13 AM
No. I do not like the "Obnoxious Weed" and hope he goes back to India ASAP.

CricketGod
March 3, 2008, 10:55 AM
I like Bhajji and moreover Australian Media is trying to target the Indians in any how ! Because they are not able to do anything on the field. Their target is to make Indian team under presure not with the performance of Australian team with the help of Ozs Media.

It seems Australians are now at the end of their great position.

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2008, 11:09 AM
Because they are not able to do anything on the field.

Reeeally?

Ishtylish cricketer
March 3, 2008, 01:08 PM
I am sick of this issue. He's good bowler but too volatile. Just needs to concentrate on cricket and nothing else on the field.

billah
March 3, 2008, 06:50 PM
I absolutely like the fact that Bhaju manages to take all the "Revenge" wickets.

That is just awesome.

Just look at the last match. Punters was so scared with the possibility of the embarrassment, he committed a suicide to Praveen. The other two, Hayden & Symond - they faced Harbhajan, and both fell to him. Those are the only two that fell to him. This scenario is a repeat of past few matches.

This is a winning psychological strategy. He is using a weapon that was invented, improved and used by the Aussies. He's killing them with their own sword. A beautiful thing to watch.

GuruTM
March 4, 2008, 07:50 AM
http://www.sikhtimes.com/harbhajan_singh_ramp.jpg

Enjoooyeee! :-D

irteja
March 4, 2008, 09:35 AM
he should get more mature

GuruTM
March 5, 2008, 12:02 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/87900/87996.jpg

Another good one!

batman
March 5, 2008, 08:47 AM
He's alright!

Sovik
March 6, 2008, 01:01 PM
sick of this issue

Alien
March 9, 2008, 04:54 AM
It seems Australians are now at the end of their great position.

Sweet dreams. World twenty20 champions doesn't seem to last long either do they?

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 05:45 AM
Harbhajan is a loser... but then again he is bowling well... and i could stand him if he from bd

Surfer
March 11, 2008, 07:03 AM
Harbhajan is a loser... but then again he is bowling well... and i could stand him if he from bd

Why is he a loser? Because he gave it back to the Aussies?

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:27 AM
"I firmly believe that deep down inside Australians love me ... they always like a fighter."
Harbhajan Singh may have to dig really deep after the controversies on the tour of Australia

that was funny

Bengaliprince176
March 12, 2008, 01:30 PM
I think HS is a down right flat idiot.
Never liked him.

Obnoxious weed.

:o woah! what sworng with weed? :-D lets not go insulting the weed now!

Shehwar
March 12, 2008, 01:34 PM
NO!

Sovik
April 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
from cricinfo

Drama queen
Harbhajan was clearly the most animated player on the field and at the start of the 130th over he caught a bump ball off de Villiers and had the crowd excited by pretending to celebrate the dismissal. Spurred by the spectators' response, Harbhajan repeated his act in the next ball. More drama from him four overs later when Sourav Ganguly failed to back up to stop five overthrows off his bowling. Harbhajan, peeved at such incompetence, gave Ganguly an earful.

tiger_omar
April 17, 2008, 09:32 PM
I don't like Harbajan at all... IMO he is an arrogant piece of crap and he's got a terrible attitude.

I also think he's really over rated. But he did have a really good series in India vs. South Africa. But on those pitches, even Sehwag and Yuvraj were turing the ball quite a bit, so it doesn't mean as much IMO.