PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan may invite BD to fill void after BCCI pulls out

Raynman
February 28, 2008, 10:53 AM
Long time browser, first time poster.

Looks like Pakistan will ask Bangladesh to do an ODI series after we are done with SA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cricket/story/7845584/Bangladesh-set-for-PCB-invite

I wonder if that will be too much with Ireland towards the end of the month.

ahaque
February 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
they might be tired...but i would like to see this series happen

WarWolf
February 28, 2008, 11:02 AM
Not a bad news. Still nothing seems to be sure.

bulbul_fan
February 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
it will be awsome..if bd plays!

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2008, 11:05 AM
Welcome Raynman to BC. Glad to have you at BC. Enjoy your stay and bring such more good news to us.
This would be great. Zimbos got blasted by a second team. We should give a run for their (real team) money.

Eshen
February 28, 2008, 12:04 PM
The ODI series against Ireland ends on 22 March and Australia arrives in Pakistan on 29 March - there is only a six day window between two tours !

kalpurush
February 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
Long time browser, first time poster.

Looks like Pakistan will ask Bangladesh to do an ODI series after we are done with SA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cricket/story/7845584/Bangladesh-set-for-PCB-invite

I wonder if that will be too much with Ireland towards the end of the month.
Welcome ot BC...Raynman. Pls. don't forget to share some fun with us..:D

cricman
February 28, 2008, 12:09 PM
The ODI series against Ireland ends on 22 March and Australia arrives in Pakistan on 29 March - there is only a six day window between two tours !

Tours can overlap it's not like Ponting is gonna step off the plane and score a 100 vs Pakistan the same day.

kalpurush
February 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
Was a bit excited...;)

kalpurush
February 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
Tours can overlap it's not like Ponting is gonna step off the plane and score a 100 vs Pakistan the same day.
Australia will be in Pakistan on 29th March, then they might have some rest and practice matches...so it is possible...
Still, we have to have the invitation first...;)

al Furqaan
February 28, 2008, 01:09 PM
i think we will get the invite...we should take it. pak-bd matches could be the thing of the future.

abdulmukit
February 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
if bd get invited by pak then how many ODI will they(BD) gonna paly there?

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2008, 02:00 PM
Australia will be in Pakistan on 29th March, then they might have some rest and practice matches...so it is possible...
Still, we have to have the invitation first...;)
They have a three day practice match lined up. That gives enough time for the ODI series. This all is important only if Australia decide to travel.

MarufH
February 28, 2008, 02:02 PM

Okey, if SA leaves around 14th, I say we go there on 20th and play 3 ODI series and come back home before end of the month. C'mon, I think Paki is about two hours flight.... I live in jersey, from here to Cali if 6 hours flight. They should be all right. In fact, a strong team under siddons might even have a chance to pull something off here.

auntu
February 28, 2008, 02:07 PM
Good news.

tanim3960
February 28, 2008, 02:30 PM
i think pakistan may confarm after they........ see our performance against SA.

tanim3960
February 28, 2008, 02:32 PM

i think it will be 3ODI because original offer to BCCI was 3 ODI

Nafi
February 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
. In fact, a strong team under siddons might even have a chance to pull something off here.

I wouldnt be content unless its a convincing series win - nothing less is satisfactory

akabir77
February 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
ki era ki ekhono invite korsey na korey nai? might might to onek shunlam...

WarWolf
February 28, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ekbar invite koruk khali. Shalar Paku der ekta shikhkha dite hobe. Ashar kotha je Rashid Latif dol e nai:-D

akabir77
February 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
Ekbar invite koruk khali. Shalar Paku der ekta shikhkha dite hobe. Ashar kotha je Rashid Latif dol e nai:-D

Then they will understand the meaning of "[বাংলা]খাল কেটে কুমির আনা কাকে বলে, কতো প্রকার ও কি কি?[/বাংলা]"

abdulmukit
February 28, 2008, 07:40 PM
[/QUOTE] I say we go there on 20th and play 3 ODI series

thank u mate for de info but i dont think bd gonna play against pak from 20th. as we have a home series against ireland from 16th to 22nd march.

Ajfar
February 28, 2008, 08:09 PM
finally sum gud newss..hope this actually happenss

Dhakablues
February 28, 2008, 08:22 PM
Puran Pagol bhait pay na, Notun Pagol Amdani...But i have to give credit to "brother" PCB for spending money to lose money..

Ishtylish cricketer
February 29, 2008, 09:11 AM
Pakistan's beatable on a sporting wicket by Bd but in dead pitches Afridi, Malik, and Imran Nazir will dominate. I would like to see the series go ahead. On a different note it would be really funny if we cancel or reject the offer by saying that we are fearful of our players lives and security risk is too high.

lamisa
February 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
i wud luv to see this series.btw,could any1 tell me aout bd's scedual during may-june?

Rabz
February 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
after our performance today, they might think twice,again.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
after our performance today, they might think twice,again.
After our performance, they will make sure we play in Pakistan so that way guys like Afridi Shoaib Malik, Imran Nazir get to boost up their averges.

Eshen
February 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
Pakistanis were quite happy getting the chance to play against Zimbabwe. Atleast, we are a better team than Zimbos, right ?

tanim3960
February 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=Eshen;634000]Pakistanis were quite happy getting the chance to play against Zimbabwe. Atleast, we are a better team than Zimbos, right ?[

Respectfully
No sir..................

cricket_king
February 29, 2008, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=Eshen;634000]Pakistanis were quite happy getting the chance to play against Zimbabwe. Atleast, we are a better team than Zimbos, right ?[

Respectfully
No sir..................

The new most pessimistic person in the forum...great to see a newbie tearing into our already feeble team. :)

oracle
February 29, 2008, 11:27 PM
we need as many matches as possible. I hope there are test matches in Pakistan as this would be more useful at this point in time.

Bengali Bum
March 1, 2008, 01:18 AM
gadha-gore paki der shonge na khelaiya..
Latif-er academi-te raikha asha dorkar.

jodi gadha pitiye ghora banan jai.

zainab
March 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
Not a chance in hell. I checked the FTP up to 2009 and i dont see Pakistan playing any series, Tests or ODIs against BD. There are no tours planned whether in BD or pakistan. I see that SL will tour BD, also the West Indies in 2009.

Does anyone know what are the FTP for 2008 and 2009?

tanim3960
March 3, 2008, 10:16 AM
Not a chance in hell. I checked the FTP up to 2009 and i dont see Pakistan playing any series, Tests or ODIs against BD. There are no tours planned whether in BD or pakistan. I see that SL will tour BD, also the West Indies in 2009.

Does anyone know what are the FTP for 2008 and 2009?

next test with pakistan is in September 2010. coming ODI series is in consideration. pakistan has not officially confirmed the series as they are in talk with BCB.
link
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FUTURE_TOURS/2010.html

zainab
March 3, 2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks. But i think that the FTP for 2008 and 2009 for BD is all screwed up. I thought that India and NZ will tour. No mention at all. No mention of Ireland also.

zainab
March 4, 2008, 09:36 AM
I just read that the Pakistani coach said that it looked unlikely that Australia will tour Pakistan, so maybe BCB will ask them to tour BD. I dont think any team will tour Pakistan at this volatile time.
Can someone pls post the FTP for 2008 and 2009. Thanks.

Eshen
March 5, 2008, 01:19 AM
PCB awaits Aus decision, mulls neutral venue option

Karachi, March 5: : The Pakistan Cricket Board is expecting a final decision on Australia's tour of the country within the next 48 hours and in case of its cancellation might consider the option of playing the series at a neutral venue or inviting Bangladesh for a few one-dayers.

Full Story (http://cricket.expressindia.com/news/PCB-awaits-Aus-decision--mulls-neutral-venue-option/280630/)

Eshen
March 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
Bummer, Australia has decided to send a security team to asses the condition in Pakistan, so the tour may go ahead in April.

sandpiper
March 8, 2008, 01:44 PM
link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/australia/7284721.stm
Pakistan's Australian coach Geoff Lawson says the terrorists will be the victors if Cricket Australia withdraws from its scheduled tour of the country.

He told BBC Test Match Special: "It is just the terroists who are succeeding if this tour does not go ahead.

"The effect will be that the cultural interests of Pakistan will be destroyed in the short-term and who knows what will happen in the long-term?"

CA is investigating security issues in Pakistan before making a decision.

But with the tour due to start later in March, an announcement could come before the end of the week.

Doubts have been raised due to the region's unstable political situation since former prime minister Benazir Bhutto was assassinated last December.

But Lawson said: "I'm an Australian living in Lahore, and have a far greater knowledge of what goes on day by day.

"We want the tour to go ahead for lots of reason, not just about cricket, for bigger reasons than that.

"You follow daily the happenings of suicide bombers and I can understand a not too attractive picture being painted.

"But in reality life goes on just as normal, it doesn't affect people like me and it would not affect a cricket tour in any shape or form.

"Getting that message across is very difficult."

auntu
March 8, 2008, 02:03 PM
to ki daralo BD playin?

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:05 PM
BD will still play 3 ODIs before Australia start playing.

scoilaheez
March 8, 2008, 05:08 PM
I really hope this goes ahead, we need to play under pressure situations

Eshen
March 9, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well, now I am hoping BCB won't send the team to Pakistan, if offered a tour, and will let the year of horror (since 2007 WC) to end with a happy series against Ireland.

tanim3960
March 9, 2008, 09:56 PM
dude the way its going i am very worried about the coming Ireland match we may endup loseing against ireland forget about pakistan.

latest update

PCB may approach England, New Zealand for tri-series

KARACHI, March 8: With Cricket Australia (CA) seeming less and less interested in playing in Pakistan and delaying its final response to the PCB, the latter is reportedly contacting England and New Zealand for a tri-series.

The Pakistan-Australia series was scheduled for March-end, but the visitors are taking the present security scenario seriously, especially after last week’s incidents of suicide blasts.

PCB sources said that England, New Zealand and Bangladesh were the only three Test-playing teams without any international commitments in April.

The PCB, which is still awaiting a final word from the Australians over the bilateral series, is yet to make contact with these countries but will have to try and line up matches against any one of them in case the Aussies opted against visiting Pakistan, The News quoted the sources as saying.

CA seems almost certain to pull out of the tour of Pakistan which was supposed to begin on March 29 after receiving a briefing from their foreign ministry officials on Pakistan’s security situation earlier this week, added the paper. Indications are rife from Australia that the only way to save the series is to move to a neutral venue, but the PCB continues to rule out such an option.

The board officials know from past experience that allowing a home series to be played on neutral soil is almost a useless option for the host nation. Pakistan agreed to play the home series against Australia in 2002 in Sri Lanka and UAE and ended up without gaining anything out of it.

That is precisely the reason why the PCB is making efforts to line up some international games at home during March-April to avoid a completely barren season rather than opting for offshore matches.

Top PCB officials have identified England, New Zealand and Bangladesh as the three teams which can be invited for an ODI series to fill in for the Aussies. The board officials describe it as a worse case scenario but point out that Pakistan will have to line up some sort of matches to salvage what seems to be a dismal home season because of Australia’s reluctance in visiting Pakistan.

A PCB official said that the board was confident enough of finalising a ODI series with a Test-playing nation in spite of the fact that its past two attempts failed to yield desired results.—Agencies

zainab
March 10, 2008, 07:15 AM
With BD current performance, they will be bypassed. England and NZ are much better matched to Pakistan, so we should have no hopes where Pakistan is concerned.
Anyhow, the outcome of the Aus/Pak series will be known by the end of this week.

jisaan
March 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
NZ will never tour pakistan if australia pulls out, that's for sure.

akabir77
March 10, 2008, 10:51 AM
NZ will never tour pakistan if australia pulls out, that's for sure.

exactly. if aussies r not going what makes them think england and NZ will go?

Dhakablues
March 10, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah we dont care about those bombazi anyways,, we r used to it and the terrorists also know that too,, so even if there are potka bazi within the stadium,,you will still see Tamim hitting out Shahid Afridi and smiling at him... so for PCB, we are the safest option.. even the terrorists thinks a bomb will be wasted on Bangladeshis,,( because we dont care about them...)

proxdj
March 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
I would like to see BD gets invitation for 3 games. Anything to improve and develop our young players.

sandpiper
March 11, 2008, 01:52 AM
sources:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/7288996.stm
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvaus/content/current/story/341954.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7288953.stm
Australia have cancelled their tour of Pakistan until further notice because of security fears.

A Cricket Australia spokesman told BBC Sport: "The tour has been deferred until a time to be agreed between the two boards in the future."

Pakistan Cricket Board chief operating officer Shafqat Nagmi said the board was "disappointed" that the tour, which was set to begin on 29 March, was off.

Two bomb blasts killed at least 19 people in Lahore on Tuesday.

Australia have confirmed they will not go ahead with their tour of Pakistan later this month. Creagh O'Connor, Cricket Australia's chairman, said the series was only being postponed and they hoped dates for a replacement trip could be confirmed soon.

"We are very sorry that the tour could not take place at this time," O'Connor said. "This was a difficult decision based on independent review of the circumstances prevailing in Pakistan at the moment. We wish no loss to Pakistan Cricket Board and look forward to undertaking this tour in the near future."

O'Connor and Nasim Ashraf, the chairman of the PCB, will meet in Dubai next weekend in an attempt to determine possible dates for the deferred tour. "We are obviously very disappointed at this decision," Ashraf said. "I guess there is not much we could do and sincerely hope that the tour of Australia to Pakistan can materialise at the earliest opportunity."

It is unclear whether the latest bombings in Pakistan - at least 15 people were killed in suicide attacks in Lahore on Tuesday, less than two hours before the announcement - played any part in Cricket Australia's decision. However, it had already become increasingly unlikely that the visit would proceed, with reports that Australia's players did not want to go.

nsd3
March 11, 2008, 02:33 AM
There was a comment somewhere sayinh PCB is thinking about inviting Eng, NZ for a Triangular series. Eng, NZ might just follow the same policy as Aussies and they might turn down PCB.

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 05:27 AM
It is CONFIRMED! BD will play in Pakistan some time in April.

"
Bangladesh to play in Pakistan

<!-- author --><DL class=clear id=author><!--dt>http://banglacricket.com/images/author.jpg</dt--><DD><!--strong>Former Australian Captain</strong --><CITE>March 11, 2008</CITE> </DD></DL><!-- // author -->
<!-- // lead story --><!-- story body -->BANGLADESH have agreed in principle to play a one-day series in Pakistan next month after Australia postponed their Test tour because of security concerns.
The world champions were due to visit Pakistan at the end of this month for a 30-day tour but put the trip on hold after a spate of suicide bombings following the assassination of opposition leader Benazir Bhutto late last year.
Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Nasim Ashraf told a news conference that although Bangladesh were set to play next month, Pakistan were hoping the postponed series against Australia would be held soon.
"The series will be some time in April," he said, referring to the Bangladesh tour, adding the venues and dates would be worked out in the next few days.
"We hope to host Australia for a full series before we go to there in late 2009," Ashraf said.
"They took their decision after much deliberations and we accept that. We just want to hold this series soon."
Ashraf hoped the Australian's tour postponement would not affect the organisation of the Asia Cup in June or other ICC future tour programmes in Pakistan, including the Champions Trophy in September.
"We maintain conditions are still conducive to hold cricket events in Pakistan," he said
"Our security plans have also been very good. Teams have toured Pakistan in recent times and have had no problems. The Australians have based their decision on their own assessment of security situation in Pakistan."
The PCB chief added that he did not feel Australia's decision had anything to do with their players appearing in the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament in April.
Reuters"

<!-- section drop ad -->