PDA

View Full Version : night watchman? wats the use?

bulbul_fan
March 1, 2008, 06:06 AM
If night watchmen are not used when needed..then wats the use?????????I noticed similar thing in Mirpur test also.In our second inning we cud hv sent mortaza instead of ASh. Today too, WHY did ash come to bat when only 4 overs wer left???????:hairpull::hairpull:?This is insane..we could have sent razzak earlier.
Stupid team decision.......................................
just cant See ash getting out like that!:(:(:(:(

Fazal
March 1, 2008, 06:08 AM
nightwatchman? What nightwatchman?

Remember Razzak is substituting for Bashar the Batsman.:-D

bulbul_fan
March 1, 2008, 06:10 AM
nightwatchman? What nightwatchman?

Remember Razzak is substituting for Bashar the Batsman.:-D

lol!! seriously...we could have sent mash or rafique or razzak whn BIZU got out!! totally insane coach and captain..:sick:

Sohel
March 1, 2008, 06:16 AM
Well, he's STILL there. Razzak's a better batsman than MaMu in his current 'form' BTW.

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 06:25 AM
we shud hav opened with Razzak and Rafiq.........

Fazal
March 1, 2008, 06:27 AM
I thought Ash was the nightwatchman... but unfortunately he failed to stay. Thats why they need to bring back the real batsman, Abdur Rezzak.

BD Tigers
March 1, 2008, 06:31 AM
Most DUMBfounded decision ever by Ash and Coach!!!

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 06:44 AM

I think Ash said to the coach..'Huh dale Stayn to nosshi! Koto Murali-Warne-Pathaan re tulodhuna korlam....Daran ektu moja dekhai ashi..My name is Ash, I like to Smash....'

But then we know rest the Story!!!!!!!!!!

Omio
March 1, 2008, 06:44 AM
I thought Ash was the nightwatchman... but unfortunately he failed to stay. Thats why they need to bring back the real batsman, Abdur Rezzak.
hahahahaha,
Double ton waiting for us frm real batsman...lol

PoorFan
March 1, 2008, 06:49 AM
I think it was the decision from Ash, showing he is NOT afraid to come out. Perhaps typical way of expressing pride or braveness.

Fazal
March 1, 2008, 06:50 AM
hahahahaha,

At least he crossed 002.:D

Omio
March 1, 2008, 06:53 AM
At least he crossed 002.:D
He will b our Jasson GIllespie.:)

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 06:56 AM
hahahahaha,
Wat if Razzak repeat wat Gillespi did against us

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2008, 07:45 AM
He is the captain. He needs to take that decision himself.

Abdur Razzak is no nightwatchman. he will punish SA.

arafath79
March 1, 2008, 08:01 AM
Ashrafool ekta bhonda player. [edit].

Asif saheb edit kore disen ? :( Amar comment ta kintu Ashrafooler jonno ekdom perfect chilo !

Shala Ashraful/Ashrafool namse to namse ekdom bekuber moto prothom bolei duck. Shala r koto duck marbe !!

arafath79
March 1, 2008, 08:10 AM
we shud hav opened with Razzak and Rafiq.........

Local hero Tamim was trying to hit every ball out side the off stump for boundary. He should have sent as a last batsman. Rafique and Shahdat could send to open the innings. Right hand , left hand combinition u know. :ticking:

tiger_army
March 1, 2008, 09:28 AM
There is a say for Ash thr is always a second innings

Rabz
March 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
night,day or evening watchman, the result is same anyways.

i think if i send my nightwatchman ( night security guard), he would have well than this dumb batsmen.

shob gulare potengae niya shagore chubano uchit.
(Except Shahadat and Rafiq).

reyme
March 1, 2008, 09:48 AM

this i like. funny but true.

reyme
March 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
There is a say for Ash thr is always a second innings

his second inning means just talk big in front of the media in bangla.

Ajfar
March 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
didn't ash gurantee a century this series?????

akabir77
March 1, 2008, 10:22 AM
Well I heard this from x Cricketer that its upto the player who would go in whether he will use a NWM or not. For example boycott said he never used a NWM. So i guess it was ash decision.

Beside couldn't stay 13 over? what makes you think he would live or stay more than 13 over next day?

BagherBacha
March 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
Razzak will score more than 40 runs tomorrow. bashar didn't score 40 runs in his last 6 innings. razzak got a wicket too :) . razzak is batting in Bashar's position too :)

One World
March 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
ASH is not learning IMHO. He is more depending on his charismatic flambuoancy which is actually teen-age infancy, while at the end corner of first half of twenties.

Get your acts right, concentrate on the game more than team politics.

sadi
March 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
Boycott can never use a night watchman cuz he is an opener. A nightwatchman usually comes in when a wicket falls.

roaring tigerz
March 1, 2008, 04:50 PM
ASH is not learning IMHO. He is more depending on his charismatic flambuoancy which is actually teen-age infancy, while at the end corner of first half of twenties.

Get your acts right, concentrate on the game more than team politics.

what you said doesn't make much sense. care to elaborate?

arafath79
March 1, 2008, 06:05 PM

Asif saheb edit kore disen ? :( Amar comment ta kintu Ashrafooler jonno ekdom perfect chilo !

Shala Ashraful/Ashrafool namse to namse ekdom bekuber moto prothom bolei duck. Shala r koto duck marbe !!

Ami to r karo bapare kichu bolinai. Sudhu Ashrafooler bepare bolsi. /:)

Antora
March 1, 2008, 06:18 PM
well what can we do? we have a brainless team!
i think when tamim got hit he should have been rested. That's when a night watchman should have come out, and Tamim would have felt better and would have been able to play this morning... but NO! Instead Tamim kept batting when he was struggling and threw his wicket away...same with Zunaed...and as for ash.....i cant really blame him that was a good ball.
*sigh*

Nasif
March 1, 2008, 07:28 PM
Nightwatch will make more runs than our socalled "batsmen"! Whats the point? We might as well start from bottom up. Shahadat opens with Razzak. I don't think the end result would change much.

KnightBD
March 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
Nightwatch will make more runs than our socalled "batsmen"! Whats the point? We might as well start from bottom up. Shahadat opens with Razzak. I don't think the end result would change much.
It might be even better! remember Rafiq was sent as opener in a match against India and wasn't he on fire that day! :-p
But seriously, I think having Tamim- Junaid both left hander, one down should be a right hander (Maybe Ash or Aftab). Right hand left hand combination always gives bowler trouble with line...
wow my triple century post :-D

gunda
March 1, 2008, 07:53 PM
If night watchmen are not used when needed..then wats the use?????????I noticed similar thing in Mirpur test also.In our second inning we cud hv sent mortaza instead of ASh. Today too, WHY did ash come to bat when only 4 overs wer left???????:hairpull::hairpull:?This is insane..we could have sent razzak earlier.

i don't like your attitude dude ..if u don't like it then don't watch.. simple :mad:

Tintin
March 2, 2008, 11:58 PM
Is this the highest score by a Bangladeshi night watchman ?

karimjay.
March 3, 2008, 12:47 AM

I don't get it.

Whats the big fuss about.

The purpose of a nightwatchman is to see the bowling off till the end of play.

And Razzaks done that everytime.

It's another thing if Ash doesn't know how to use a nightwatchman.

nahaz
March 3, 2008, 12:53 AM

Geez Fazal, didn't realise u were being serious then.:-p Razzak beat all the batsman barring S Nafees. Maybe you're onto sth. We should send him in everytime when it's any less than 20 overs to go. maybe 40. Just tell him he's the nightwatchman. :-D

Foozy
March 3, 2008, 05:03 AM
Geez Fazal, didn't realise u were being serious then.:-p Razzak beat all the batsman barring S Nafees. Maybe you're onto sth. We should send him in everytime when it's any less than 20 overs to go. maybe 40. Just tell him he's the nightwatchman. :-D

HAHAHA... LOVED THAT ONE BRO!!

sharjilh
March 3, 2008, 08:46 AM
lol to be honest.....Razzak played better than out whole batting lineup except maybe Shahriar Nafees....so no Nightwatchman status for him :D

ahaque
March 3, 2008, 09:58 AM
razzak and shahabat formed that partnership of 50 before the party ended. he actually suprised me at the bat although his bowling was quite ordinary. im sure that will all change during the ODIS (iA).

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 02:07 PM
Geez Fazal, didn't realise u were being serious then.:-p Razzak beat all the batsman barring S Nafees. Maybe you're onto sth.

koisilam na... fokirer kotha bashi hoile foley....