PDA

View Full Version : 3rd day test horrors

Rifat
March 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
it has become a bad habit of Bangladesh modern day test cricket to fudge things up superbly on the third day, for the best interest of bangladesh cricket and as a fan i beseech people to go home and relax, don't watch cricket tonight, it is for the best... i am tired of crying and crying, it is about time we start winning... and as we all know with Bangladesh history always REPEATS...

so the game could be all over, today just don't expect anything, do not watch them unless you are like really bored(like me, sometimes :D)

it is for the best

One World
March 1, 2008, 01:07 PM
Or we can take initiatives from other facts to pump up the energy within our cricketers:
1. Reminding them how glorious it was when BD won the ICC trophy.
2. Reminding them about playing with the great cricketers in BD's long cricket history.
3. Reminding about the glorifying moments in the past when we proved the power of our cricket - shoving it through 1 billion dream.
4. Reminding that its Chittagong, not Capetown (although both starts with C)
5. Its a batting wicket and you are batting.

Russell2k7
March 1, 2008, 01:18 PM
Just bat and get some runs on the board. 220-250 would be a good score for these morons.

zainab
March 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
I am hoping that they can bat at least until tea time, then they will have to bat a second time, and the match will advance into the fourth day, with BD all out again by tea time.
With Tamin, junaid and Ash out, I dont think they have the capacity to avoid a follow on.

zahid
March 1, 2008, 05:10 PM
Game will be over tomorrow.

JonBain
March 1, 2008, 05:58 PM
Spirit is what you guys must work on. I know its painfull when the opening stand is 400 or so, but you have to enjoy it, keep your heads up. When you get sad and despondant it becomes much harder to concentrate. Don't say too many negative things about your guys. Say things like 'that was an average game for bangladesh' when you are having your worst day. Have a sense of humour. If you are grimacing it is so much easier to drop a catch. Do not attack your own players. They are doing their best. Compliment the opposition and develop a culture of enjoying the game.

Remember Bryan Lara's 400? That came when windies were facing a whitewash in the fourth test, having lost the first three and being reduced to 11 for 2. The worse the situation you are in, the sweeter it is to turn it around. You guys are good cricketers, you just need a more humourous team spirit.

Enjoy the game, and it will enjoy you.

nasimul
March 1, 2008, 06:08 PM
Inshallah lunch er agei 1st innings sesh hoe jabe.

pocha
March 1, 2008, 06:10 PM
I just want us to bat sensibly. Play session by session. Leave balls outside off and play within the V. Does this require a miracle or 8 years to get into their dumb head? In other countries new players hardly get a few chance to make a permanent slot in their national team and for us since we dont have a replacement they take a free ride every other match.

Please throw away this complacency and make each player compete against another for a slot. I see there is too much complacency in the team and players dont fear their position anymore. Actually the problem is in the root, poor First class/domestic structure and alas we dont have a pool.Unless that changes even miracles cant change our players

Rommel
March 1, 2008, 06:16 PM
Spirit is what you guys must work on. I know its painfull when the opening stand is 400 or so, but you have to enjoy it, keep your heads up. When you get sad and despondant it becomes much harder to concentrate. Don't say too many negative things about your guys. Say things like 'that was an average game for bangladesh' when you are having your worst day. Have a sense of humour. If you are grimacing it is so much easier to drop a catch. Do not attack your own players. They are doing their best. Compliment the opposition and develop a culture of enjoying the game.

Remember Bryan Lara's 400? That came when windies were facing a whitewash in the fourth test, having lost the first three and being reduced to 11 for 2. The worse the situation you are in, the sweeter it is to turn it around. You guys are good cricketers, you just need a more humourous team spirit.

Enjoy the game, and it will enjoy you.

Great post :up:

Antora
March 1, 2008, 06:21 PM
and as a fan i beseech people to go home and relax, don't watch cricket tonight, it is for the best...

NO matter how bad we play i'm still watching:D

Roni_uk
March 1, 2008, 06:32 PM
watch this stupid match? ccom on.. ajke Australia v India Final!!
any BD Test match is just waste of another cricket match

arafath79
March 1, 2008, 06:35 PM
Should I watch some horror movies over night or I should follow the horrible BD batting ? Well i would go for horrible Bd batting coz Bd batting is not less entertaining, thrilling and horrifying than any scary horror movies. :D

zahid
March 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
Australia .... and soon India ... won't want to play Tests with us.

Ajfar
March 1, 2008, 08:51 PM
NO matter how bad we play i'm still watching:D

i'm with u on thiss....

zainab
March 1, 2008, 09:28 PM
Game will be over tomorrow.

Not really, will go into the fourth day, but it will be an innings defeat.

djnaved
March 1, 2008, 10:40 PM
Not really, will go into the fourth day, but it will be an innings defeat.

I think game will be end today:(

tiger_omar
March 2, 2008, 01:44 AM
A good first session. So the game probably won't end today, unless there's some massive countdown even for our standards. But the question now is can we win the post lunch session? Let's see.

lamisa
March 2, 2008, 10:09 AM
i'm with u on thiss....

count me in 2 mate!:flag:

zainab
March 2, 2008, 12:18 PM
Hope BD can at least play until tea time in their second innings. Hoping that Sakib, Mash and Rafique can somehow score some runs to boost it to at least 150 runs.
Tiger cricket wrote that th physio said that Aftab might be able to bat.

Lavauk
March 2, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hello iam new to this board hope everyone ok,
Iam very upset specialy with ash,junaid,and tamim perfomance,whats wrong with you guys
do you want Bangladesh to loose its test status or what? i think BCB should reduce there wages for NOT giving 100% performance,then i think thay will play nicely,

zahid
March 2, 2008, 07:16 PM
We'll just last one session.:floor:

pocha
March 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
We'll just last one session.:floor:

Common we lasted nearly 4 sessions in 2 innings in this dead track.

pocha
March 2, 2008, 07:33 PM
Actually we are still 70 runs short of follow-on and 100 short of their World record opening stand. If this is our performance at home which team is going to invite us in future? Oh yea Sri Lanaka is there, they love to thrash us, Murali will add some more wickets and their out-of-form batsman will return to form. What happened to the Pakistan invitation, I heard they also need to get their form back.

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yes 3rd day is Bad for us... its like Friday the 13th. Can we ask ICC to skip the 3rd day go directly to 4th day? We don't need 5 days any way.

Rifat
November 28, 2008, 07:21 PM
the horrors continue :(

auntu
November 29, 2008, 11:55 AM
[বাংলা]অনেকগুলা ব্যান খাওয়া মানুষ দেখা যাচ্ছে এখানে।[/বাংলা]

thebest
November 30, 2008, 07:33 AM
Can we ask ICC to skip the 3rd day go directly to 4th day? We don't need 5 days any way.
Yes I think this is the only solution. No 3rd day in our test. After 2nd day we could play the 4th day. Make 3rd day as the rest day like in the 80s

crikfreak
December 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
Yes I think this is the only solution. No 3rd day in our test. After 2nd day we could play the 4th day. Make 3rd day as the rest day like in the 80s

or maybe we cud hypnotize the players to think the 3rd day was actually the 4th day.,.