PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the injury cover for Aftab ?

Eshen
March 2, 2008, 04:23 AM
Incase Aftab does not recover in time for the start of the ODI series, who do think should come in his place ?

I think Nazimuddin should be the choice.

djnaved
March 2, 2008, 04:25 AM
eishob koye luv nai, amader votka selectors vua ekta batsman dhoraia dibo...

Orpheus
March 2, 2008, 04:34 AM
1st of all, is he ok?? any news....

Rabz
March 2, 2008, 04:38 AM
they are saying he should be off for atleast 5 days...

goru
March 2, 2008, 04:38 AM
He had 2/3 stitches and has been advised to take 5 days of rest.

tiger_army
March 2, 2008, 08:30 AM
Aftab Bangla movier heror moto Bandage r ektu blooder dag niye batting korte nambe.......r Aftab er bat er sponser hobe Dhaliwood movie 'rokter bodla' -r sticker

bulbul_fan
March 2, 2008, 09:00 AM
s.nafees or dhiman

lamisa
March 2, 2008, 09:34 AM
Aftab Bangla movier heror moto Bandage r ektu blooder dag niye batting korte nambe.......r Aftab er bat er sponser hobe Dhaliwood movie 'rokter bodla' -r sticker

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::floor::floor::floor: :floor:LMAO MAN!

lamisa
March 2, 2008, 09:37 AM
btw,kichhukhon age i saw on the news that the team manager was saying that he might play tomorrow.the doctor said we have to wait for 24 hours and his citiscan results seem to be fine though there could be injuries inside his eyes.i m worried.

Kabir
March 2, 2008, 09:50 AM
Didn't know he got injured. That's sad.
Hope he feels well soon.

As for his replacement, I will go with Eshen's choice.

sadi
March 2, 2008, 10:58 AM
It looked really scary the way he fell to the ground. I hope he gets better real soon.

ialbd
March 2, 2008, 11:23 AM
dont wanna think abt his replacement..... hope he recovers soon, we need him for the ODIs.....

bdchamp20
March 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
for tests Rajin and ODIs Kapali

zainab
March 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
SA came intent to kill the team.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2008, 12:57 PM
Wonder if he's having vision problems/how much the eye has been damaged.

arafath79
March 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
I would go for Shahriar Nafees in the ODI squad due to Aftab's injury. He should come to bat at no.3 in ODI as well.

pocha
March 2, 2008, 01:58 PM
Aftab, Get well soon, you are in our prayers. We know you are a fighter!

Murad
March 2, 2008, 02:01 PM
Aftab out of danger

Everybody was worried about the condition of Aftab in the field but later it was confirmed that he was out of danger. It was however not sure whether he could be able to bat in the second innings today.

“He (Aftab) got a cut beneath his right eye but the X-ray report confirmed that there was no fracture. But there has been bleeding inside his eye and it swelled. He will be kept under observation all night and will bat again only if he is okay by tomorrow morning,” said BCB's media manager Rabeed Imam.

Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=25855)

According to the news, he's alright. He just needs a few days break. Our 1st ODI is on 9th March I think. So we still have a week in between thus he doesn't need any replacement.

http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2008-03-03__sp02.jpg

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2008, 02:22 PM
Ah, good to know there hasn't been a lot of internal damage.

al Furqaan
March 2, 2008, 04:22 PM
how can u be OK, if your eye is bleeding inside. seems serious. good to know the medical experts are not worried.

thank allah, he doesn't have any permenent vision problems. with his talent, and being about the only sensible batsman in our test side this series, i would seriously stop following cricket if aftab's career ends.

Gowza
March 2, 2008, 04:32 PM
maybe he should have said glad there isn't any permanent internal damage? but yes bleeding in the eye, that's kind of bad but i think it probably would be a good idea to wait a little longer than the 5 days before getting back into things just to make sure things are healed up properly.

zahid
March 2, 2008, 05:00 PM
Alok? or Pilot?

desirocker
March 2, 2008, 06:55 PM
Alok? or Pilot?

Pilot is better. more consistent that Alok in getting runs. but i wonder when Aftab would be alright.

Tehsin
March 2, 2008, 07:47 PM
We should all pray that this young man does not have any permanent damage. I could care less about replacements cause 11 man or 10 man won't make much difference with the way we bat.

pocha
March 2, 2008, 07:51 PM
We should all pray that this young man does not have any permanent damage. I could care less about replacements cause 11 man or 10 man won't make much difference with the way we bat.

Exactly. I care more about this man's well being than who will replace him. Any update on his condition? I hope Allah takes care of his eyes. You are still in our prayers brave man.

Ishtylish cricketer
March 2, 2008, 08:24 PM
Judging by Bashar omission to bring in Razzak the bowler (which by the way was thoughtless although in the score sheet it worked out well, because given HB's current form he wouldn't have able to score 33), I except another shocking replacement. Perhaps a premier league footballer to replace Aftab. Rupu or Kaiser Hameed.

Tehsin
March 2, 2008, 09:14 PM
By the way, didn't mean any disrespect for the thread owner and the posters. I'm sure everyone's worried about Aftab.

Eshen
March 2, 2008, 10:06 PM
To me, getting injured is part of the sport. I was not worried about Aftab as comms had already said all that he needs is a few days rest.

I was just curious to know who do you think would be the best replacement if we have to bench Aftab for the ODI series.

Protic
March 3, 2008, 07:55 AM
Nazim-uddin .. And i think we should play nafees and tamim as openers in the ODIs.. Nafees has been in form..and we should give him more PLAY.

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2008, 10:52 AM
i would sit him out the ODI series and the ireland series.

Bleeding internally is not good at all. couple of weeks rest is a must. (experienced haturay Doctor - Tiger_eye)

Replacement: SN.

zainab
March 3, 2008, 05:10 PM
OMG, I cannot foresee an ODI team without Aftab, i always look forward to his batting
I only hope that he will be OK. at least for the Ireland tour.