PDA

View Full Version : Dav Whatmore

tanim3960
March 2, 2008, 02:05 PM
India Under 19's have won World cup, with Dav Whatmore as a coach. Hasnt been with them for a very long time and already he is working wonders.India U19 has just been a very good team for the last few years. Dont know how much of this current victory can be attributed Whatmore. This man looks like a blessing. Where ever he goes, he make some diffrence. He was successful in Srilanka. He made a big change in our team. Under him we have learned how to fight strongly against a mighty team.
Although Whatmore is very demanding ($),may be we should have keep him as a coach.
Jimmy Siddon probably trying some new technique which is not matching with what our boys have learned under whatmore. Nevertheless we have to look forward and give Siddon some chance.

Murad
March 2, 2008, 02:07 PM
SHuru hoise

DO u know that they were runners-up in the last u19 wc? They were doing so good untill the final match where their batsmen failed.

Their U-19 team is always strong.

bdchamp20
March 2, 2008, 06:02 PM
India Under 19's have won World cup, with Dav Whatmore as a coach. Hasnt been with them for a very long time and already he is working wonders.India U19 has just been a very good team for the last few years. Dont know how much of this current victory can be attributed Whatmore. This man looks like a blessing. Where ever he goes, he make some diffrence. He was successful in Srilanka. He made a big change in our team. Under him we have learned how to fight strongly against a mighty team.
Although Whatmore is very demanding ($),may be we should have keep him as a coach.
Jimmy Siddon probably trying some new technique which is not matching with what our boys have learned under whatmore. Nevertheless we have to look forward and give Siddon some chance.
BCB are paying Siddons more than they used to pay Whatmore

Lavauk
March 2, 2008, 06:27 PM
Its our bad luck we lost whatmore he was a very good coach

Farhad
March 2, 2008, 07:00 PM
Whatmore just joined them a month or two ago. This current Indian team was on a winnning streak of 20 (!) before he even joined them...

desirocker
March 2, 2008, 07:06 PM
India's U19 team is the best U19 team of the world as Australia is da best in professional international cricket. Whatmore's presence really doesn't matter. But I think I'd have been better if we have still had him as our coach since Sidons ruining our team.

insideedge
March 2, 2008, 08:16 PM
I think the role of a coach is not very big, and it is the calibre of the team that determines the team performance. India u-19 team was doing well without him. Whatmore was Indian coach, but then Ray Jennings was the South Africa coach too.

In the end, it was the better calibre of Indian players on the field gained with their domestic experiences of firs class cricket that helped them win the final, where temperament, more than skills were needed to win the final.

The senior Indian team do not even have a coach, and they have done extremely well in the last few series/ tournaments. So overall, it is the players who perform, coaches can only be as good or bad as the players.

Haider
March 2, 2008, 11:44 PM
India's U19 team is the best U19 team of the world as Australia is da best in professional international cricket. Whatmore's presence really doesn't matter. But I think I'd have been better if we have still had him as our coach since Sidons ruining our team.

Dude... what team did u have before Siddon?? Did ur team win the world cup or were they atleast consistent in their performance??? :ticking:

abu2abu
March 3, 2008, 05:33 AM
I think the role of a coach is not very big, and it is the calibre of the team that determines the team performance. India u-19 team was doing well without him. Whatmore was Indian coach, but then Ray Jennings was the South Africa coach too.

In the end, it was the better calibre of Indian players on the field gained with their domestic experiences of firs class cricket that helped them win the final, where temperament, more than skills were needed to win the final.

The senior Indian team do not even have a coach, and they have done extremely well in the last few series/ tournaments. So overall, it is the players who perform, coaches can only be as good or bad as the players.

Coaches may not make a huge difference to established, professional sides like the senior Indian team, but for young sides like U19s and developing sides like BD and Zim, they are crucial. warne's been going on about how useless coaches are for donkey's years, but that's because they have a great setup in Oz and very experienced older players. It's also because he hates John Buchanan....

Shaan
March 3, 2008, 06:33 AM
To me Siddons looks more practical with his practice approach than whatmore, India U19 current result has nothing to do with whatmore, otherwise we would have won one time world cup during his period.. you have plenty more time to jump into conclusion about siddons, let say two years.

Protic
March 3, 2008, 07:53 AM
Siddons is good.

Roni_uk
March 3, 2008, 07:58 AM
missing Watmore? Its only few weeks back when we were busy slagging him off.

I don't think he did any wonder with India U19 team as the team was already good. Couaching Ind U19 is hardly a challenge whereas Bangladesh national team prob is the biggest challenge for any coach in their career.

Haider
March 3, 2008, 09:13 AM
I don't think its bangladesh that sux... I think its our bad luck that geneticly our players are very small and timid. But if they were smart they cud use their small size against their opponent. Like being quick... better fielding... , more athletic, run faster therefore score more runz, won't get tired so easily since they only have to carry such less weight, better at hittin the ball.. as they will be closer to the ball from the ground up...(move and use their feet to their advantage), bouncy ball... just duck and throw ur bat in the air... ball will definetely catch the edge of the bat and go over the keepers and go for 4 and might even go for 6. If they get into fight with dudes big as 6"6 just simply hit em in the nuttz... What else... ummm let see.. yeah and the biggest advantage wud be their "brain" .. since they are short.. brain waves and power wud have to travel less and thus give quicker ideas and responses. Haha.. I just thought all of it right now... Use ur disadvantages and turn em into power. (I am sorry if by any mean I hurt anyone who happens to be short, I am not making fun, I am just looking for ways to c if our players can realy make it in the big league)

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 02:23 PM
Dav What ever ... Whats more to say?

Dawah
March 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
Siddons is a much better coach than Dav Whatmore. It was Dav whose short term goals to impress India in getting a job there landed us in this position. If Dav was in charge, we would never see the fire of Sahadat.

We need to be patient , and give 2 years to Siddions and his slow learning low IQ team.

bujhee kom
March 3, 2008, 06:39 PM
haider, i like your strategy!
we new yorker think alike!

arafath79
March 3, 2008, 07:08 PM
Dav Whatmore was very strict about players fitness. Bangladshi players improved their fitness level during his coachin period and they got the most success in the international cricket. Mashrafe was lethal under Dav's observation and he used to bowl with good pace and some of the deliveries were unplayable to the batsmen. Now look at Mashrafe and most of the other players of BD team, looking kinda tired and scared of playing the fast bowlers.

Richard Mcinnes the former U-19 coach were serious about players fitness too. Aftab, Nafees, Shahadat were the students of Mcnnes and look at them, they are the leading performer of BD team now.

My point is, Jimmi Siddons should work on players fitness level to improve and then they will look solid and strong against the fast bowlers. Even the pace bowlers like Mashrafe and Shahadat ( quick enough bowlers of BD) will do much better than they are doing now if they can improve their fitness level.

Murad
March 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
Don't give too much credits to Dav for Mash's fitness.

Give some credits where its due.

That physio(Paul Close, I guess) was a nice guy. He worked really hard with our boys.

And for Mash?

Mash has been playing international cricket consistently for last 2 years or so. And he's very tired. He needs a break from cricket.

billah
March 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
Whatmore - Sooo yesterday !

He's no longer the top man even...
He lost it all when he betrayed us.

bdboy
March 3, 2008, 07:20 PM
Dev was very good coach indeed with some positive and negative as every coach. India youth group always good well. Dev has been there for few months only!

dash
March 3, 2008, 07:31 PM
Siddons is a much better coach than Dav Whatmore. It was Dav whose short term goals to impress India in getting a job there landed us in this position. If Dav was in charge, we would never see the fire of Sahadat.

We need to be patient , and give 2 years to Siddions and his slow learning low IQ team.

dude think before u talk.
he has a proven track recordunlike siddons who has yet to achieve anything as acoach.
not considering whatmore blatant drama to join india in the opinion

BanCricFan
March 3, 2008, 07:49 PM

I beg to disagree totally! This indian side wouldn't have made to any Pakistani street side. DavWho is an alchemist.

Like the thread starter infered I believe BCB should get down on their knees and implore him to comeback and give Siddon the early leave- he should be handsomely compensated though!

insideedge
March 3, 2008, 08:57 PM
I beg to disagree totally! This indian side wouldn't have made to any Pakistani street side. Davwho is an alchemist.

The Indian u-19 side has only lost one match in two world cups, and their only loss was to Pakistan in the last world cup. If you say that this team would have lost to any Pakistani street team, then just look at the results. The Pakistani side were totally outplayed by South Africa. The same south Africa were totally outplayed by India twice in the world cup, and a few more times in the triangular tournament in South Africa earlier.

About Whatmore, he was coach of this team only for the world cup.

It is a feather in the cap of Whatmore, and the team has definitely benefitted from his coaching. But it is theplayers who win matches , not the coach. Whatmore would not have made Papua New Guinea win the world cup had he been their coach.

India emerged top from the group of death also including South Africa and West Indies. And these were the top three teams in the world cup. Had West Indies been in any other group, they they too would have advanced far in the competition.

Pakistan's top score in this tournament was only 172, and it was their bowling that was helping them to survive against their opponents. When they met South Africa, their batting could not cover up for the failure of their bowling. On the other hand, Indian bowling succeessfully covered up for the failure of their batting in the final.

Make no mistake. This u-19 Indian team was head and shoulders above the rest. I hope you saw the matches on TV. Batsmen like Tanmay Srivastava and Virat Kohli were the best batsmen in this tournament just as Shikhar Dhawan and Cheteshwar Pujara were the best batsmen in the last two editions.

And their unnoticed bowling attack was no less formidable. South Africa batsmen, who tore apart Pakistani bowling ( must be better than the bowling of a Pakistani street side) had no answer to Indian bowling- not once by twice, in this tournament.

Kabir
March 3, 2008, 11:25 PM
Dav joined India-U19 and he's doing wonders in 6 months?

Bhaijan, raat onek hoise. Ghumaite jan...it's not the most useful way of spending your time.

BanCricFan
March 4, 2008, 04:01 PM
The Indian u-19 side has only lost one match in two world cups, and their only loss was to Pakistan in the last world cup. If you say that this team would have lost to any Pakistani street team, then just look at the results. The Pakistani side were totally outplayed by South Africa. The same south Africa were totally outplayed by India twice in the world cup, and a few more times in the triangular tournament in South Africa earlier.

About Whatmore, he was coach of this team only for the world cup.

It is a feather in the cap of Whatmore, and the team has definitely benefitted from his coaching. But it is theplayers who win matches , not the coach. Whatmore would not have made Papua New Guinea win the world cup had he been their coach.

India emerged top from the group of death also including South Africa and West Indies. And these were the top three teams in the world cup. Had West Indies been in any other group, they they too would have advanced far in the competition.

Pakistan's top score in this tournament was only 172, and it was their bowling that was helping them to survive against their opponents. When they met South Africa, their batting could not cover up for the failure of their bowling. On the other hand, Indian bowling succeessfully covered up for the failure of their batting in the final.

Make no mistake. This u-19 Indian team was head and shoulders above the rest. I hope you saw the matches on TV. Batsmen like Tanmay Srivastava and Virat Kohli were the best batsmen in this tournament just as Shikhar Dhawan and Cheteshwar Pujara were the best batsmen in the last two editions.

And their unnoticed bowling attack was no less formidable. South Africa batsmen, who tore apart Pakistani bowling ( must be better than the bowling of a Pakistani street side) had no answer to Indian bowling- not once by twice, in this tournament.

sarc 101;)

MysoreHuli
March 5, 2008, 01:02 AM
I beg to disagree totally! This indian side wouldn't have made to any Pakistani street side. Davwho is an alchemist.

Pakistani street side???? so where were they in malaysia... performing on street instead of the ground? wake up dude... India deserves to be the champ...

GuruTM
March 5, 2008, 01:28 AM

And you are a genious! Any way which pakistani street side you were smoking with? Or is it chemical water as some say? Keep this stuff coming.