PDA

View Full Version : Is NZ visiting us on October after Champions trophy?

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed. I can't remember reading this.

Is this is on or what?
http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/content/schedule/landing.aspx

Sinec Tigercricket is useless, I am asking more resourceful BC members to know what is scheduled ahead of us.

We do have SA tour on Nov 08. I hope we cancel this one and reschedule on September 09. They have a huge opening and we will be in Zim already. So it will be a short trip. More over we can now beat up on NZ at home in Oct-Nov 08 and get ready for SL Dec 08 - Jan 09.

++++

In another report it says NZ wants to scrap tests against BD? Is there any confirmation? Read it in Jai Jai din. :D

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=57697
2nd paragraph last sentence.

BD-Shardul
March 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
I read it long ago that NZ started TALBAHANA about playing tests with us. They are however willing to visit BD just for an ODI series

BD-Shardul
March 3, 2008, 12:58 PM
Deleted

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2008, 01:19 PM
I read it long ago that NZ started TALBAHANA about playing tests with us. They are however willing to visit BD just for an ODI series
Shob board taltibaz dekha jai!!

Murad
March 3, 2008, 03:49 PM
We are going to NZ again in 2010? And they are also coming to BD same year.

I think they messed up with the schedule.

<TABLE class=future_tours cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2></TH></TR><TR><TD width=100>January</TD><TD>BLACKCAPS host
</PLACE>Bangladesh</TD></TR><TR><TD>February</TD><TD>BLACKCAPS host Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>ICC Champions Trophy, West Indies</TD></TR><TR><TD>July</TD><TD>Sri Lanka hosts BLACKCAPS</TD></TR><TR><TD>October</TD><TD>Bangladesh hosts BLACKCAPS</TD></TR><TR><TD>November</TD><TD>India hosts BLACKCAPS</TD></TR><TR><TD>December</TD><TD>BLACKCAPS host Pakistan</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

Shobha
March 3, 2008, 03:52 PM
i'm confused....

JonBain
March 3, 2008, 03:54 PM
In another report it says NZ wants to scrap tests against BD?

ha ha - the australia F team is scared of you!

This is a great opportunity. Cricket needs more than three or four competitive sides. I wish you guys the best of the best. And remember : fielding, fielding fielding!!! Batting and bowling are always over practised in comparison - outside of sa that is.

tanim3960
March 3, 2008, 04:47 PM
Bangladesh tour of NZ last year was not on the ICC calender. Because of the worldcup peromance NZ had agreed to have a back to back tour with Bangladesh. according to them it should go ahead after the ICC cham trophy.

akabir77
March 3, 2008, 05:01 PM
sorry to go off topic can anyone give me the tour dates for IRLAND Please? from the home page the link have no details...

Murad
March 3, 2008, 05:03 PM
sorry to go off topic can anyone give me the tour dates for IRLAND Please? from the home page the link have no details...

<TABLE class=scheduleTable><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Tue 18
09:30 local, 03:30 GMT </TD><TD>1st ODI - Bangladesh v Ireland
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Thu 20
09:30 local, 03:30 GMT </TD><TD>2nd ODI - Bangladesh v Ireland
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Sat 22
09:30 local, 03:30 GMT </TD><TD>3rd ODI - Bangladesh v Ireland
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

akabir77
March 3, 2008, 05:35 PM
thanks muradNYC B. I might be able to watch one or two from stadium... yahoooo...
no day night match? dangg...

nzfan
March 3, 2008, 06:11 PM
seriously jonbain what do you have against us New Zealanders? we have 4 million people and only a fraction of those people play cricket. And for you to call us the Australian F team is really offensive, it is like calling a bangladeshi an Indian.

Murad
March 3, 2008, 06:14 PM
seriously jonbain what do you have against us New Zealanders? we have 4 million people and only a fraction of those people play cricket. And for you to call us the Australian F team is really offensive, it is like calling a bangladeshi an Indian.

He's not a Bangladeshi. He's probably South African.

zainab
March 4, 2008, 07:44 PM
I also read earlier that NZ was visiting BD. I tried to check FTP for 2008, but did not see it. i saw SA and SL test series, also 2 tests were slotted in for Australia, but I guess that has been postponed.

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 08:49 PM
The FTP say we are supposed to host NZ for 3 ODIs and 2 tests in October.

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/pdfs/ftp_2006-2012.pdf

zainab
March 5, 2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks, I suppose there might be some changes eventually.e.g. Australia pulling out of the Test series. Who knows, NZ might also pull out, but it will be good if NZ visit for I believe Siddons lads will be better cricketers by then.

auntu
March 5, 2008, 03:01 PM
so NZ is not gonna play tests here?

zainab
March 6, 2008, 07:18 AM
The FTP says that NZ will be in BD in October, but I dont think that will happen.
Have to wait and see. If this is the case, then BD will be playing the next 2 test matches about 6 months from now, then 2 against SA and then SL. so it looks like 8 test matches which is quite good.

If they play NZ. I am sure they will put up a better show than what they did in January.

By the way, NZ is performing very well against England. A century was scored. At least no NZ batsman scored a century in the test matches against BD.