PDA

View Full Version : Dhiman to replace GoBo in ODIs

Murad
March 3, 2008, 02:46 PM
Good news guys.

Mushy miya getting dropped from ODIs.

Dhiman will replace him.

I think it will be better for Mushy to be dropped. This guy was out of form for long long time. If we continue playing him, he will break down. So its better getting dropped and coming back strong later.

Mosharaf Rubel might also be picked for ODIs. But I don't think we need him in ODIs unless we play 3 spinners.

They are also thinking of not playing Aftab in ODIs (Because of the Injury). His replacement will be Nazim Uddin.

Shamokal (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=91107)

Hope this news from Shamokal is true(as usual).

Mushy needs a long long break from International cricket. MaMu needs it too.

Nafi
March 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
The only reason aftab should be dropped, if its because of his injury.

And I hope dhimam is very chatty behind the stumps.

sandpiper
March 3, 2008, 02:54 PM
Dhiman kemon batting kore ? Stumping miss korbe nato ? :umm:

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2008, 02:59 PM
How ever he may perform, all I don't want to see after this series or next series is "bring back Mushi, he was better" or "Shahin needs to be tried" type of threads.

Murad
March 3, 2008, 03:01 PM

<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION>Batting and fielding averages</CAPTION><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings batted" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="not outs" noWrap>NO</TH><TH title="runs scored" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH class=padAst title="highest inns score" noWrap>HS</TH><TH title="batting average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="balls faced" noWrap>BF</TH><TH title="batting strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="hundreds scored" noWrap>100</TH><TH title="fifties scored" noWrap>50</TH><TH title="catches taken" noWrap>Ct</TH><TH title="stumpings made" noWrap>St</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>First-class</TD><TD noWrap>37</TD><TD noWrap>65</TD><TD noWrap>6</TD><TD noWrap>1726</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>115</TD><TD noWrap>29.25</TD><TD noWrap>2708</TD><TD noWrap>63.73</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>7</TD><TD noWrap>92</TD><TD noWrap>11</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>List A</TD><TD noWrap>35</TD><TD noWrap>34</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>1055</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>147</TD><TD noWrap>35.16</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>30</TD><TD noWrap>15</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

His stats shows that he's a pretty good batsman and keeper. He's a hard-hitter. He also bowls good off-spin.

BD-Shardul
March 3, 2008, 03:07 PM
Dhiman the next sensation/superstar/Gilchrist......of BD Cricket

al Furqaan
March 3, 2008, 03:07 PM
i think dhiman is more suited to limited overs cricket than mushy. mushy's only hope is test cricket, which IMO, he will be good eventually. the boy is too matured to not be given that he also has some talent. as far as wicket keeping, he might also be done if dhiman is a better stumper. rahim's keeping off the faster bowlers is good, but he always seems to drop catches of rasel and the spinners (i.e when standing up to the stumps). which is strange cuz his reaction time is quick.

best of luck to young dhiman. i have a feeling he will be good. perhaps mushy and dhiman will be our future together one as keeper-bat the other as bat only.

sohel, please give us your run down on dhiman.

sandpiper
March 3, 2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I was also looking for a change at that position. By the way, can we send Dhiman in the top order, say one down (as he is an hard-hitter) ? :umm:

Shobha
March 3, 2008, 03:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"dhiman definitley deserves to play in the odi's. if he doesnt then i'd say the selection commitee has gone mad
And as for the second test, pilot NEEDS to be included. we've seen enough of rahim's bizzarness."

this was what i wrote an a thread a few weeks ago, and i must say justice has been done:D

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 03:45 PM
His name sounds sooo lethargic .... like he will be a slow batsman.... say "Dhhhhiiiiiiiiiimmmmmaaaaannnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

But then again 'Pilot' sounds like "able to deliver in a fast paced manner."

Dhutt Teri.... Namee Ki Ba asha jai....

Dhakablues
March 3, 2008, 04:10 PM
Then again Dhiman literally means Talented,, so he has an edge there too. I hope the report is right because for the sake of reward and punishment, Dhiman should be given a chance at the ODi,, especially the way he blasted the CAB team last week during the Twenty20, played during the NCL and kept wickets throughout the last few years. He was to be replacing Pilot in the future until the (Bo) Gura boy somehow sneaked in. Whether Pilot returns or not,, lets see whether he can continue his form during the premier league but I think everything depends on the selectors... if they come up with Nazmul like ideas again and bring in Mithun Chakraparty to keep wickets... we might create another Golden Toddler...

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 04:14 PM
http://www.triballife.net/store/images/aioonbaby.jpg
Mithun Chakraparty, our next keeper

tanim3960
March 3, 2008, 04:20 PM
I think Shahriar Naffes should come back on ODI. He look like in form....

Murad
March 3, 2008, 04:24 PM
The news from Shamokal seems to be true.

Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.com/index.news.details.php?nid=MTQ0OTc=) reporting that Mushfiqur Rahim flew back to Dhaka with Rafique, Rajin Saleh, Bashar & Sajidul Islam.

Sajidul might go back again to play the Practice match on 7th March.

akabir77
March 3, 2008, 04:45 PM
How ever he may perform, all I don't want to see after this series or next series is "bring back Mushi, he was better" or "Shahin needs to be tried" type of threads.

Sad but true that's what your going to see. I can guaranty...:timeout:

Ajfar
March 3, 2008, 04:57 PM
Mash needs a breakk too...wat number does dhiman usually bats at???

Murad
March 3, 2008, 05:01 PM
Mash needs a breakk too...wat number does dhiman usually bats at???

He bats in positions 4-7, most likely.

In the last List A game, he batted at 5 and made 72 not out.

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 05:06 PM
Dhiman's batting position depends on which month he is playing.

Murad
March 3, 2008, 05:09 PM
Dhiman's batting position depends on which month he is playing.

lolz

Any special reason? Fazal bhai ?:confused:

billah
March 3, 2008, 05:11 PM
Yet another disaster in the making. Poor Dhiman. He's gonna find out how it feels.

SA - 355/4
BD - 63/6

We want Dhiman to come in, stabilize the innings and score 178 to take us to a winning position. We need runs from the WK.

Pain.

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yet another disaster in the making. Poor Dhiman. He's gonna find out how it feels.

SA - 355/4
BD - 63/6

We want Dhiman to come in, stabilize the innings and score 178 to take us to a winning position. We need runs from the WK.

Pain.
lol, at least we are trying him at home not in any away series and expect those things.

I think the score would be opposite cause Top SA Terror Rasel will nip SA in to soil. Matir modhey puitta felbey.

billah
March 3, 2008, 05:22 PM
lol, at least we are trying him at home not in any away series and expect those things.

I think the score would be opposite cause Top SA Terror Rasel will nip SA in to soil. Matir modhey puitta felbey.

At present, Rasel is close to "lula".

Lula haath diya bowling koira dui akta wicket paoai or mushkil at present. :)

I'd go with Sajid, and rely on Shahadat & Raz. I'd drop Mash in favor or Rasel though.

Gowza
March 3, 2008, 05:25 PM
he deserves a chance, i don't see how he can do any worse than rahim is doing atm. but hopefully he gets a few games, it would be kind of unfair to give him only a handful of games unless he's only being played to rest rahim for a couple of games. anyway his priority is still with the gloves so as long as he does a good job with the gloves he'll probably be an improvement for the team, but i'm confident he can contribute better with the bat than mushy.

billah
March 3, 2008, 05:27 PM
Before Dhoni, India gave the Chopra kid 20 or so ODIs to try out. If Dhiman comes in, fine. Give him 'til 2011 WC to build himself. He has a solid track record.

This also means JS will have to swallow his words about Mushy.

akabir77
March 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
This also means JS will have to swallow his words about Mushy.

WHy he will jsut say Dhiman is the platinum boy of bangladesh ;)

Gowza
March 3, 2008, 05:50 PM
WHy he will jsut say Dhiman is the platinum boy of bangladesh ;)

haha, nice. actually i'm very interested to hear what siddons has to say about dhiman.

bujhee kom
March 3, 2008, 06:49 PM
gowza will be happy once dhiman gets in the national team! he among a few of us has been waiting to see him(dhiman) hit some ball and catch some ball. we must give mushy a little break in order for him to get his game and form sorted out! all the best for both mushy and dhiman!

Russell2k7
March 3, 2008, 07:18 PM
Haha good. Anyone but Mushy Boy or GOBO.

dash
March 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
making same mistake. what makes u think another teenager is gonna solve the problem. y not try masud he is still the best keeper nd he has the experience. he deserves a chance

ialbd
March 3, 2008, 07:55 PM
having mixed feelings....

BanCricFan
March 3, 2008, 08:03 PM
Haha good. Anyone but Mushy Boy or GOBO.

Or GOBOR

CricTiger
March 3, 2008, 08:26 PM
Here comes Dhiman -the angle of BD's ODI TEAM and the new STAR for multiple threads.Also you could change the tittle and said

Dhiman to replace GoBoR in ODIs -<!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->

cricket_pagol
March 3, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hey, what happens when Dhiman starts to perform poorly, should we just treat him as rubbish and try the current U19 keeper?

Eshen
March 3, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hey, what happens when Dhiman starts to perform poorly, should we just treat him as rubbish and try the current U19 keeper?
That's my question too.

I am one of those who wanted to see Dhiman replacing Mushfiq for the ODI series, but I find it disturbing how some people are talking about Mushfiq here, like he is a little piece of trash.

Niceman70
March 3, 2008, 09:54 PM
At present, Rasel is close to "lula".

Lula haath diya bowling koira dui akta wicket paoai or mushkil at present. :)

I'd go with Sajid, and rely on Shahadat & Raz. I'd drop Mash in favor or Rasel though.

lula haath diya jodi ball turn korte parey?

Niceman70
March 3, 2008, 09:56 PM
good luck to dhiman!

Murad
March 3, 2008, 10:34 PM

We have to give him enough settle down in International cricket. I would say give him atleast 10 ODI matches to prove his worth.

Russell2k7
March 3, 2008, 10:34 PM
Or GOBOR

hahaha now thats perfect.

kalpurush
March 3, 2008, 10:43 PM
[বাংলা]আর তারাহুরার মধ্যে আমি নাই...
দুই বছর পরে স্বাগত জানাবো ধীমান কে!;)[/বাংলা]

Dhakablues
March 3, 2008, 10:49 PM
To fairness, it was not Mushfique's fault that he was being played despite his poor form, he is a contracted player and cannot say that he doesnt " feel like playing"... It was rather the board that stuck to their non-sensical ego and continued to drag him to this controversy. It was totally kunckle-headed decisions by the management.

If at the end, Dhiman is selected,, he should be considered the 2nd keeper ( For ODI, because Pilot is still considered for Test) not the primary one until we know that he exceeds Mushfique. Because, we want to have healthy competition and not throw dead bodies like we did in the past. Mushfique can return, if he performs exceedingly well to get a recall and Dhiman can be moved to 2nd keeper if he performs worse. And if Pilot does score some good runs in premier league, he can and should be brought back to ODI in the future too. At the end, it should only be about performers... not perceived talent and speculations.

I think calling Mushfique Gobor is a bit harsh.. he did have the talent but he was exploited, drained and now being trashed.. its sad for a young cricketer. We cant be doing this...

Murad
March 3, 2008, 10:54 PM
[বাংলা]আর তারাহুরার মধ্যে আমি নাই...
দুই বছর পরে স্বাগত জানাবো ধীমান কে!;)[/বাংলা]

Voi paisen bujhsi...

Mushy re niya prothome onek nacha nachi korsilen to.. ebar buddhi hoise..

good decision i have to say.:D

Now we will see some competition between the two young lad. Dhiman is 1.5 yrs older than Mushy. He's not a teenager anymore.

Mushy eto din kono pressure feel koreni as he had no competitor. But now he will work hard on solving his problems and to come back again.

Kabir
March 3, 2008, 11:21 PM
having mixed feelings....

System.out.println(ialbd.repeatPost(638322));

roi
March 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
Just wondering if we have Dhiman Bashing thread after SA-BD ODI series.
I want him to be succeeded in his new missions....but i am worry, BD ppl are not so famous for their job and performance in late 10's and early 20's.

God bless BC facs.......Amen( Sobai bolen!)

bdpride04
March 4, 2008, 12:44 AM
i think now JS gonna say Dhiman is bangladesh's DIMOND-BOY lol but i like that coach no matter what is happening tho.............. because he doesnt say anything to make anyone happy most of the time. i feel give that coach one year at least then see what happens

Dhruvo
March 4, 2008, 12:59 AM
I think calling Mushfique Gobor is a bit harsh.. he did have the talent but he was exploited, drained and now being trashed.. its sad for a young cricketer. We cant be doing this...
who said mushfiq is gobor?he has a good growth curve and is currently developing,if mushfiq is ever trashed permanently like nafis iqbal then lets say that the selectors went stupid,mushfiq has the potential and temperment to become one of the best players,he is just going through a hard time and needs to be given the accurate facilities to retain his place as our odi keeper,but for now its better if mushy takes a bit of rest from international cricket and focus on just coming back in his wc cup or even better,i think its a good decision to drop mushfiq for now and trying dhiman,hope mushy returns back with outstanding performance and silence the selectors.

cricket_king
March 4, 2008, 01:02 AM
Fantastic news! I have so been waiting for this...and Nazimuddin may also get a go...AWESOME! :-D

cricket_king
March 4, 2008, 01:03 AM
who said mushfiq is gobor?he has a good growth curve and is currently developing,if mushfiq is ever trashed permanently like nafis iqbal then lets say that the selectors went stupid,mushfiq has the potential and temperment to become one of the best players,he is just going through a hard time and needs to be given the accurate facilities to retain his place as our odi keeper,but for now its better if mushy takes a bit of rest from international cricket and focus on just coming back in his wc cup or even better,i think its a good decision to drop mushfiq for now and trying dhiman,hope mushy returns back with outstanding performance and silence the selectors.

I doubt he'll ever be a decent batsman in ODIs. He simply takes too long to get settled. Test should be the form where he is to advance.

Sohel
March 4, 2008, 01:08 AM
This particular move, IF the Shaumokal report is true, will go a long way in saving GoBoy's career. Then again, if Dhiman takes this somewhat long-awaited opportunity with both hands the way Dhoni did with regards to Parthiv Patel, the cute little tyke from Bogra will have to wait a long time before donning national colors again.

Dhiman's the better keeper by a mile from what I've seen. He plays the angles better with his whole body, and is both acrobatic and tall behind the stumps. He has an unusual "stand up straight" batting stance which looks bad when his misses, and good when he doesn't. He is a much better stroke-maker than GoBoy and his height enables him to deal with short-pitched deliveries better. Defensively, he is not as compact as GoBoy but I expect Coach Siddons to work on that.

Like most of our batsmen, he has issues with the incidental, and often fatal brainfart and the subsequent swat outside his offstump with little to no movement of the feet. He, like most of our other batters, doesn't like to bat in the 'V' from what I've seen.

Having said all that, I'm sure Coach Siddons will try to correct many of his issues and it will be up to him to show us what he has learned and how quickly.

Looking at him as a savior is not wise at all, but he is no putz either. Personally, I'm really stoked to see him get his chance, again if the Shaumokal report turns out to be true. I remember some folks ragging on him as "weak-looking" and "much worse than Pavel" before his back to back 100s in Australia and steady performances in the NCL shut their traps pretty effectively! Visual verification must be balanced with numbers, and I'm eager to see how this remarkable young man from Dinajpur does at this highest level.

kalpurush
March 4, 2008, 01:53 AM
This particular move, IF the Shaumokal report is true, will go a long way in saving GoBoy's career. Then again, if Dhiman takes this somewhat long-awaited opportunity with both hands the way Dhoni did with regards to Parthiv Patel, the cute little tyke from Bogra will have to wait a long time before donning national colors again.

Dhiman's the better keeper by a mile from what I've seen. He plays the angles better with his whole body, and is both acrobatic and tall behind the stumps. He has an unusual "stand up straight" batting stance which looks bad when his misses, and good when he doesn't. He is a much better stroke-maker than GoBoy and his height enables him to deal with short-pitched deliveries better. Defensively, he is not as compact as GoBoy but I expect Coach Siddons to work on that.

Like most of our batsmen, he has issues with the incidental, and often fatal brainfart and the subsequent swat outside his offstump with little to no movement of the feet. He, like most of our other batters, doesn't like to bat in the 'V' from what I've seen.

Having said all that, I'm sure Coach Siddons will try to correct many of his issues and it will be up to him to show us what he has learned and how quickly.

Looking at him as a savior is not wise at all, but he is no putz either. Personally, I'm really stoked to see him get his chance, again if the Shaumokal report turns out to be true. I remember some folks ragging on him as "weak-looking" and "much worse than Pavel" before his back to back 100s in Australia and steady performances in the NCL shut their traps pretty effectively! Visual verification must be balanced with numbers, and I'm eager to see how this remarkable young man from Dinajpur does at this highest level.

Sohel Bhai, Prothom-alo reported that Dhiman probably is going to replace Mushy for the ODI series. Here's the link:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/index.news.details.php?nid=MTQ0OTc=

kalpurush
March 4, 2008, 01:55 AM
Now we will see some competition between the two young lad. Dhiman is 1.5 yrs older than Mushy. He's not a teenager anymore.

Mushy eto din kono pressure feel koreni as he had no competitor. But now he will work hard on solving his problems and to come back again.
Good luck for both.:)

Sohel
March 4, 2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks KP, I'm more inclined to go with PA ... :)

Antora
March 4, 2008, 02:10 AM
Awesome! :D

abu2abu
March 4, 2008, 04:40 AM
Does anyone have pictures of Dhiman? I'd like to know what the chap looks like so I can recognise him on tv...

Sohel
March 4, 2008, 04:46 AM
Does anyone have pictures of Dhiman? I'd like to know what the chap looks like so I can recognise him on tv...

Here you go ... :)

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d91286a3fe.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

(L-R) Razzak, Aftab, Talha and Dhiman.

Good to have another tall-ish player in the team.

abu2abu
March 4, 2008, 04:48 AM

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d91286a3fe.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Thanks Sohel bhai. Do you know where this picture was taken? Looks like england to me...

Sohel
March 4, 2008, 04:52 AM
Thanks Sohel bhai. Do you know where this picture was taken? Looks like england to me...

No idea bro, but definitely looks foreign soil to me also.

tiger_army
March 4, 2008, 04:55 AM

when the hell was it? Aftab Razzak looks like school boy:lol:

Sohel
March 4, 2008, 04:59 AM
when the hell was it? Aftab Razzak looks like school boy:lol:

I'm not sure at all, but I think this picture's from at least 3 years ago.

Aftab had more hair and no bhurhi back then, the other three look exactly the same as now, except Dhiman's a lot more muscular in a wiry sort of way.

abu2abu
March 4, 2008, 05:05 AM
I would take a wild guess and say this was taken on an Bangladesh A tour of England in 2005...Talha's quite a good looking chap...

irteja
March 4, 2008, 09:39 AM
another Chatgayya in the team

lamisa
March 4, 2008, 10:41 AM

DITTO!though i must say that i am unhappy for mushy,but still i think competetion will do him good.but i still want to see him in test matches.

GuruTM
March 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
I thought some of these links are well worth reading for BC fans.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=23826

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=16899

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21826

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=22288

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=23504

akabir77
March 4, 2008, 11:06 AM

sorry to disapoint you but Dhiman is born and brought up in Dinajpur. he plays for Chittagong cause Rajshai already had two keepers.

akabir77
March 4, 2008, 11:08 AM
This is the first time in our cricket history we will have fight among two three keepers for a place. This is good for our cricket.

Good luck Dhiman. And Mushi go back do some hard work we need you back. don't just give up and start smoking GAZA...

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 11:55 AM

sorry to disapoint you but Dhiman is born and brought up in Dinajpur. he plays for Chittagong cause Rajshai already had two keepers.
And cause Chittagong can't produce a decent keeper of their own :)

Dhakablues
March 4, 2008, 12:01 PM
yeah chatgaiyya never wants to keep the ball..They want to blast them away like Akram/Nannu/Tamim/Aftab/Nazim

akabir77
March 4, 2008, 12:14 PM
But I thought Chatgaiyya ra would be a better keeper you know. Cause the keepers get to look at the behind of the batsmen all day... lol

Murad
March 4, 2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2008-03-05__sports01.jpg

Here is Dhiman.
The cutie in the middle. :)

Kabir
March 4, 2008, 01:53 PM
And cause Chittagong can't produce a decent keeper of their own :)

Eeto boro beshommani kotha barta manum na...
ATMR...Eshen miya re ban koro. :mad:

Murad
March 4, 2008, 02:03 PM
khaise...

shotti kotha huina kabir bhai khepse :D

Murad
March 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
Bilaymama said Dhiman will also be in team that will play against Ireland.

IF he can show some good performance then he will also tour Australia unless Mushy do something exra ordinary in the Premier League.

al Furqaan
March 4, 2008, 02:25 PM

growth curve? wow, should 11 year olds know how to use that word?

al Furqaan
March 4, 2008, 02:26 PM
i just hope dhiman flies higher than biman.

Kana-Baba
March 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
my personal opinion is to use dhiman for ODI and mushfiq for test.

Foozy
March 4, 2008, 04:23 PM
I really think we are taking the mushfiq issue too far here in this thread. He is doing a job out there. He needed to be rested and he is. Please cut out the words for him. Its not like he is not retiring when he should be! :doh:

zainab
March 4, 2008, 05:26 PM
I like Mushy a great deal. anyhow, this might be a good opportunity for him to continue with his studies, and continue playing in First class cricket. i hope tht this is not the end of young career. It would be such a shame, probably, he will b back by theend of the year, hopefully, a better performer. anyhow, each national team needs 2 wicket keepers.

detroitpagla
March 4, 2008, 05:33 PM
MURADNYC sounds so gay :-p
http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2008-03-05__sports01.jpg

Here is Dhiman.
The cutie in the middle. :)

Murad
March 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
MURADNYC sounds so gay :-p

Yes, I am.

You've got any problem?

crikss
March 4, 2008, 09:15 PM
SO Mushy finally dropped from the squad..lets see what Dhiman can do??? Will he become another Mushy :D

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 10:42 PM

Picture date: 21st August, 2004 (Source (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/picture.php?vm=295))

That was three and half years ago and Dhiman was already looking older than Mushfiq is now (people that like to whine about players age can rest assured he is old enough to play for the national team.)

BD-Shardul
March 5, 2008, 01:48 AM
GoBoy eibar Gollay Gelo re.....