PDA

View Full Version : Rate the current Selectors

bulbul_fan
March 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
Plz rate the current selectors..I think the current selectors are doing a great job.
We wanted hablu out, they kicked him.
We wanted GoboR out, they removed him...............
keep up your good work..you deserve 10 on 10

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 12:35 PM
So if we want the selector(s) out? Will they do that also? Just wondering…

Pundit
March 4, 2008, 12:49 PM
So if we want the selector(s) out? Will they do that also? Just wondering…

You just rated them in a long and complicated way?

RazabQ
March 4, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not too sure our present selectors are beyond petty politics. One of them is a known to be strongly affiliated with one of our major parties. That in itself is no biggie - but when such affiliations lead to ridiculous acts as staging sit-ins for Bongobondhu stadium or dropping top players for hidden agendas, then I get really ticked off.

Tigers_eye
March 4, 2008, 12:50 PM
HB had to be thrown out in NZ series. They didn't. They even let him play the against SA. :hairpull: On top of it they asked him not to decide on retiring now!!! What the ....? Who are they to make decisions for HB? Just because you gave him a full year contract ..... :hairpull:

GB had to replaced a series earlier. Didn't do that.

The way M Rafique's thing is blowing up they deserve a failing grade.

Zuniad - Tamim thingi I would not blame 100%.

JO's free vacation trip to NZ. :lol:

Irresponsible comments by Rafiqul Alam...

I will grade them later on.

Murad
March 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
khamba koi...???

akabir77
March 4, 2008, 01:05 PM
yeah they also kicked out rafiq. so yeah good job selectors and their fans !!!

Omio
March 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
ReTE mane ki?

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 01:32 PM
Rafiq, Bashar, Pilot are all Delhi Ka laadoo. If you drop them some fans will get mad... they will say they dropped them too early. If you keep them some fans will be mad. They will be saying they kept for too long. Yes these selectors have done some obvious mistakes, but some are not that obviuous. They dropped Rafiq for performance and diciplinary reason in NZ series , I had no problem with that. But now see what happened..... Rafique open his mouth and openly accused the selectors ..... people foeget all the valid resosons behind that drop and every one saying its politically motivated.... every body wants their head. Now if they dropped Bashar too early.... just think what is going to happen... Miraz will take another interview and Bashar would blame he is dropped because he does Jamat..... and the fans would take a u-turn and again start blaming the Selectos for politicaly motivated exclusion.

Thats the part I don't like how the fans are treating the Selectors. Even though I don't think they are doing a good job, I feel sorry for them. Its a no win situtation for the Selectors.... they are already "marked man"; marked as Awami Leaguer , which is a Dirty word here in BC. I predict there is no way they will get a fair deal from the FANs here.

Tigers_eye
March 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
ReTE mane ki?
Read Tigers_Eye (comment) post.

Murad
March 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
ReTE mane ki?

ekebare jaiga moton baam haat dhukai dilen...

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 01:52 PM
The selectors made lots of questionable choices in the beginning of their terms - sticking with Bashar for too long, not selecting Rafique for the NZ test series, not selecting Mashud for SA test series, taking JO and Nazmul for the ODI series in NZ, etc.

Not sure whether to give credit to the selectors or to Siddons for benching Bashar in the last test, but, yeah, I am quite happy with the team they have selected for the ODI series. My stance on the selectors right now is to wait and see what they do in future.

However, I seriously doubt Rafiqul Alam is fit for the position of the chief selector. The kind of lame excuses he gives to justify questionable selections give me the impression that he is more of a politician than a cricket pundit. I won't mind seeing either one from Akram or Durjoy taking up his job.

RazabQ
March 4, 2008, 02:19 PM
Fazal, I am questioning the selector's earlier decision to drop Rafique not the last one. There's no reason we persisted with Moni when Rafique was around.

Omio
March 4, 2008, 02:37 PM
Read Tigers_Eye (comment) post.
hahahaha nice answer.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 03:20 PM
Fazal, I am questioning the selector's earlier decision to drop Rafique not the last one. There's no reason we persisted with Moni when Rafique was around.

I agree that may be the one to raise the questions.

As for me, as it happened a while ago, its hard for me to use my own judgement based on other supporting news/events or using my own judgement based on Rafiq's performance at that time. I haven't seen Rafiq performing at that time. Sometimes its easy to say now that Rafiq should have been selected at that time. But it may not be that easy /controversiat at that time as Rafiq was still unproven in TEST. As a matter of fact everyone was unproven (in TEST) at that time.

So you may be right, but as I was not following BD crikcet at that time, I have no opinion about that one way or another. There is a good and bad about that. I cannot use those old experinece and make an opinionquickly about these selectors, The Good? I am not carrying any baggage with me, I am giving them a clean sleet and will judge based on how they are doing this time.

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 03:45 PM
I am wondering why you are bringing up the old history in a thread where we are discussing about current selectors. Among the current selectors, Akram and Rafiqul had nothing to do with team selection in that period (when Moni was preferred over Rafique).

Durjoy was our captain in 2001 and could have influnced Rafique's omission from the test team. Then again, Durjoy himself was not in a good relation with the selectors for the better part of that year. Also, Rafique could not find his way into the team even when Durjoy was kicked out of it. I see no relation between Durjoy and Rafique's exclusion from the test team in 2001-03 period.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 03:53 PM
btw, for the folks (like me) who don't know exactly what happened when Rafiq was denied a slot for three years at the begining of his TEST career, can anybody provide little bit of information about that? For example:

1. Who were the selectors at that time?
2. How (if any) the current three selectors played a role in that event?
3. Who they selected instead?
4, If they are not the same set of selectors (then and now), how those old selectors alleged misuse of power are relevent with this set of new selectors?

Thanks in advance.

Tigers_eye
March 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
The current selectors weren't the selectors back then but hard headed influential senior players.

Just like HB's buddy JO got selected in couple of times. Others can't gripe cause their performance was bad. Mehrab Jr. (make shift opener), SN, NI. In Rafique's case he was spinning much harder than Enam Sr.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 04:02 PM
I am wondering why you are bringing up the old history in a thread where we are discussing about current selectors. Among the current selectors, Akram and Rafiqul had nothing to do with team selection in that period (when Moni was preferred over Rafique).

Durjoy was our captain in 2001 and could have influnced Rafique's omission from the test team. Then again, Durjoy himself was not in a good relation with the selectors for the better part of that year. Also, Rafique could not find his way into the team even when Durjoy was kicked out of it. I see no relation between Durjoy and Rafique's exclusion from the test team in 2001-03 period.

thanks Eshen, you answered some of my questions. Looks like we were typing at the same time. You beat me.....

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 04:07 PM
The current selectors weren't the selectors back then but hard headed influential senior players.

Just like HB's buddy JO got selected in couple of times. Others can't gripe cause their performance was bad. Mehrab Jr. (make shift opener), SN, NI. In Rafique's case he was spinning much harder than Enam Sr.

If selectors cannot distance themsselves from Senior player's influence, its more fault to the selectors rather than the senior players. The Selectors only job is to select the best team possible. Now you raised my Curiosity more TE... who were those selectors?

Pundit
March 4, 2008, 04:08 PM
I think players who are chosen to play need to be discussed more for their lack of performance, compared to those who are not selected.

In NZ we did not need a Rafique, we needed a Shahadat -2.

Also, Bashar has scored really a lot of runs for BD. So, for people who make the decisions, its really normal to hope that he overcomes - because if it happens, you know it will only benefit the team. Maybe their threshold is off slightly from some of you.

Also, Siddons is now in, and over the next few months, he will have figured out who is here to stay, and who is not...unless ofcourse some of you have issues with his proximity with one of the netris also (hypothetical).

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 04:18 PM

Once again, look at the picture what was happening in the team for 2001-03 period. Rafiqul Alam was nowhere in the picture back then. Durjoy got kicked out the team by the end of 2001. Akram was going in and out of it, could not even secure his own position, let alone influencing position of other players. Pilot was the most influential player for that period, but I never heard any enmity existed between him and Rafique. I just don't see any relation between team politics and Rafique's exclusion from the test team in 2001-03.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 04:25 PM
The more information I am getting the more I am convinced it was a cheap shot thrown at the current selectors by Rafique. Rafique may be denied opportunity, but its not by the current selectors.

Rafique bolloo "kakey kaan Niye Geshe ,,,, kakey Kaan Neyee geche".... and the Fans started shouting "kaan Niye Geshe ,,,, Kaan Neyee geche" without validating shottii ki Kaan Ashe na nai.

sadi
March 4, 2008, 04:26 PM
Aliul Islam was the chief selector back then.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 04:27 PM

Does he have any role now in BCB?

Who are the other two? Anybody knows?

detroitpagla
March 4, 2008, 04:30 PM
u can buy selectors with few million takas....

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 05:29 PM

OK, my memory tricked me - Omar Khaled Rumi, current national team manager, was part of the selection panel under Aliul. I imagine it was disgusting for Rafique to meet that guy again.

Is Rafiqul Alam part of the racket to which Rumi belongs ? Frankly, I have no idea. All I know about Rafiqul is that he played couple of ODIs for Bangladesh and runs a cricket school in Dhanmondi. It's suspicious how an ex-cricketer with such a low profile became the chief selector. As I said before, I won't mind seeing him being replaced.

Murad
March 4, 2008, 05:31 PM
Rumi is also one of the Administrative member of the current Board.

Tigers_eye
March 4, 2008, 05:34 PM

As far as I remember (may be someone can correct me otherwise) Mainul Haq was the chairman of selection committee. Naimur Rahman Durjoy was the captain and a very influential person. Trevor Chappel was the coach?? Tanveer Ashan was the manager. Rafique was not selected against Zim at home 2001. Enamul Haq and Fahim Muntasir got ahead of him. Also against Pakistan at home. That is all i remember. Yes Akram was in and out in the team.

Dhakablues
March 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Aliul Islam was the cheif selector during the world cup of 2003,, was he the selector during the time Rafique was not in the team? I thought it was Raqibul Hasan that was the selector back then.. or am I thinking of 97 ICC cup..anyways, the current selectors are morons, stupids and a bit retarded I beleive. Why? Because of the reasons we all know already. Previously, Watmore was part of the selection comittee and he did bring the right talents.. but our current comittee consists of Durjoy/Rafique,,, Akram is the Bhodro face who is scouting basically. And at the age of 50 and away from cricket for so long, Rafique is clueless, Durjoy is playing political cards and Major Chameli is swimming around Ershad Stadium..its a loser management pretty much.

Dhakablues
March 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
Right Tiger_Eye. I think it was Mainu who was the selector then. Of the board that was under Saber Hossain Chy, Sajjadul Islam Bobbi is back, Moni is in, Durjoy is back. Cl. Latif is also back in the board. Lipu, who was a good cricketer but worst coach ( losing to associate teams like N. Ireland, Malaysia) is the Cheif of BCB. It was a proven fact that Shujon was the best manager to date but he was not appointed and a less competent Rumi took his place. So yes, Rafique has taken some cheap shots but he is not completly bluffing...some of the folks of Saber/Obayed adminstration is back in the fold.

Murad
March 4, 2008, 05:55 PM
Rafique is not only complaing about the selectors. He is also complaining about the some the current board officials.

Probably some of the current board officials were in charge back then.

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 06:01 PM
Right Tiger_Eye. I think it was Mainu who was the selector then. Of the board that was under Saber Hossain Chy, Sajjadul Islam Bobbi is back, Moni is in, Durjoy is back. Cl. Latif is also back in the board. Lipu, who was a good cricketer but worst coach ( losing to associate teams like N. Ireland, Malaysia) is the Cheif of BCB. It was a proven fact that Shujon was the best manager to date but he was not appointed and a less competent Rumi took his place. So yes, Rafique has taken some cheap shots but he is not completly bluffing...some of the folks of Saber/Obayed adminstration is back in the fold.

Exactly!!! some people have very short memories and are always willing to take cheap shots at senior players.

Rafique isn't bluffing anyone, have you heard any reaction from media opposing the points Rafique made recently!!

The answer is no because most of the media people know the truth and Rafique has simply said the truth boldly.

The only counter argument and cheap shots I am hearing is in BC.

If people cannot correlate between the current administrators and 2001-03 people, I will request them to follow the events more closely before accusing Rafique.

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 06:03 PM
BTW, moderators, please correct the typo in the title of the thread. (rete/rate)

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:05 PM
Too much smoke screens and too many wild guesses who is behind Rafiq's excluion and politics played in that event.

Who Rafique is Blaming? The Selectors? Rumi? Bobby? or Saber Hossain Chy? If selectros, which selectors? the old selectors? or the new selectors also? is it Rafique (Cheif Selectoe), Arkam or Durjoy.

If its Durjoy, is see more smoke that fire. As Eshen already pointed out.Durjoy was just a captain, not a selector. And his own position was in the bubble. Moreover he did had good term with the selectors and eventually lost his spot within a year. So he cannot be the one who denied Rafique's three year as Rafique claimed.

Its easy to accuse people, but its just 'kada chora churi' unless its backed up with facts. So far I haven;t seen .... its just 'conspiration theory'.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:09 PM
So suddenly media became our moral authority. The logic they are not questioning, so it must be true.

How many times our sports reporter were redeculed and trashed and their motives were questioned by the memebers here?

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 06:10 PM
We are imagining Kada chorachuri. Rafique has made the point clear and people who are behind it knows it clearly.

Rafique hasn't made a single false allegation.

What Eshen is pointing out is his assumption, and what Rafique is saying is from his experience and understanding. Even a very low profile officials or media people knows who was behind Rafique's exclusion and who held how much influence in the board.

Anyway, you can always cook up theories and smell many things, but that does not change the course of the history.

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 06:12 PM
Most of the members assume here and they are hardly in touch of the real happenings and inner politics of Bangladesh cricket.

Media cook up stories no doubt, but when each and every media is accepting Rafique's word, you should be able to understand the truth.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:14 PM
Don't bypass the issue here Miraj. If "Even a very low profile officials or media people knows who was behind Rafique's exclusion" then why don't you say it here so that we all know that. And please back up with fact. I am still open to my conclusion. If if I don't see some names and backed up by evidence, its not me who is doing the 'kada chora churi' its people lilke you, who is encouraging 'kada chora churi'.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:17 PM
Media cook up stories no doubt, but when each and every media is accepting Rafique's word, you should be able to understand the truth.

No I don;t follow the crowd blindly. I need clearity before I make up my mind. As I said, I am still open. Give me name and some kind of logic I am open to believe you.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:20 PM
Rafique is not only complaing about the selectors. He is also complaining about the some the current board officials.

Probably some of the current board officials were in charge back then.

so you are saying Rafiq is not blaming Durjoy? But who specifically he is blaming? And why some fans are after Durjoy as if he is responsible for Rafiq's 3 year exclusion?

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 06:23 PM
Hahahaha...very well said. People like me are encouraging Kada chorachuri... bravo and salute to you. :)

Well, in that case, digging the truth and unearthing it for the greater interest of cricket is definitely one kind of kada chorachuri.

I don't know how long you are following Bangladesh cricket, but I thought you will be able to find out the influence of pro-Saber group in 2001-2003 perod and that includes Lipu-Durjoy-Bobby-.... and few other people. Durjoy had a very strong say against Rafique and Rafique was never selected when he was captain. His own position was under scrutiny, but as long as he was captain, he had strong influence on board due to saber link. Rafique missed 13 consecutive Tests when Durjoy was Captain.

And all these people are back in board. If you do not know that, please check the current composition of the board.

From my own experince, in the BC interview with Durjoy, he showed a very cold shoulder about Rafique. I heard his words, he was simply dismissing Rafique as a member of Bangladesh team in future.

SS
March 4, 2008, 06:24 PM
It's me :-D

I am the culprit...

bangalir aei politics na korle bhat hozom hoyna

that's why I gave up hope on cricket development...

GuruTM
March 4, 2008, 06:36 PM

Fazal, what part of the above post do you not understand?

To put it blantly, Md. Rafique is dead set right.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:40 PM
I don't know how long you are following Bangladesh cricket, but I thought you will be able to find out the influence of pro-Saber group in 2001-2003 perod and that includes Lipu-Durjoy-Bobby-.... and few other people.

Again you are not douing your home work Miraz. YOu are accusing lots of people but not giving enough information here.

For example we know Saber's role at that time. What is his role now in current BCB?

What was boby's role at that time? is he the one?

What was Lipu's role at that time? So he os also there in the equation then?

Who are the few others? They also played some role?

I didn't know Rafiq was such a BIG and Polarizing Star at that time so that every one was against him then and also now.... Hmmmm

have it ever occured to you that Rafiq's volatile personality may have played some role?

Durjoy had a very strong say against Rafique and Rafique was never selected when he was captain. His own position was under scrutiny, but as long as he was captain, he had strong influence on board due to saber link. Rafique missed 13 consecutive Tests when Durjoy was Captain. .

Your commnent contradict with Eshen's comment. he thought his own postion was in the bubble, not vry good relationship with the management and he couldn't kept his own position very long.

Plus Rafique missed three years goes beyond Durjoy's captaincy.

From my own experince, in the BC interview with Durjoy, he showed a very cold shoulder about Rafique. I heard his words, he was simply dismissing Rafique as a member of Bangladesh team in future.

Personally I can understand that. It can be for different reason. Rafiq had lots of contribution in BD Cricket. He is our history, but he may not be our future.

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 06:44 PM
Well Fazal, I have no intention to do a research here and analyze each and everyone's role in the BCB management to make you believe. It's all over the media and if you disbelieve each and every media outlet, you can live in your own world, no problem at all.

And from when Eshen's word is bible? Eshen knows more than everyone associated with BD cricket? well if that makes you happy, I have no problem with that.

I never said that it was only Durjoy, he had the major influence.

Anyway, if couple of people do not understand the scenario, that does not change the history.

Thank you and good night.

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:45 PM
Fazal, what part of the above post do you not understand?

To put it blantly, Md. Rafique is dead set right.

I explaned it in several message. which part you didn't understand? I need to know which persons in the old admin played a role in the exclusion of Rafiq for three years? And some Kind of logic behind it. For example If curator 'Belel Mia' was a night guard in that admin and you tell me he was responsible, do you want me to belive that just because he was in both era in different capacity make him guity (by association)?

Fazal
March 4, 2008, 06:48 PM
And from when Eshen's word is bible? Eshen knows more than everyone associated with BD cricket? well if that makes you happy, I have no problem with that.

Miraz you need to understant Eshen word is not bible, nor is yours.

If everybody says the same thing then there is no controversy and confusion, but when two people say two different things, then the rest of the folks get confused. They look for backup evidence.

freeman
March 4, 2008, 07:03 PM
Selecting a team is not a easy job and it becomes very hard if they keep doing what they were doing till now. I can see some good signs! This time they picked some good players but I don't know how long they can keep this up, the longer the better. I wish for the sack of our cricket they start doing some good selecting. Happy that they gave Mushy a much needed break.

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 07:16 PM
I don't know how long you are following Bangladesh cricket, but I thought you will be able to find out the influence of pro-Saber group in 2001-2003 perod and that includes Lipu-Durjoy-Bobby-.... and few other people. Durjoy had a very strong say against Rafique and Rafique was never selected when he was captain. His own position was under scrutiny, but as long as he was captain, he had strong influence on board due to saber link. Rafique missed 13 consecutive Tests when Durjoy was Captain.
Admitting my memory of that period is blurry, I find what you are saying here is contradictory to what I can remember. Saber was out of the board after 2001 election. Lipu was not even in the picture when Bangladesh got test status (Rafique was a national team regular when Lipu was the team manager). Durjoy's relation with Aliul gang got ugly at the fag end of his captaincy (if I remember correctly, Aliul or some other selector called him a spinner who could not spin), don't see how he could influence any selection beyond that point.

Aliul is the only common factor I see throughout 2001-03 that kept Rafique out of the test team. Now it's very possible that his chela-chamunda's came back to the board and were determined to force Rafique out of the team. Now it's not clear at all what kind of influence those guys now have on the team selection, if any at all. Rafique made lots of accusations, but kept matters very vague in this regard.

Lipu could have instructed the selectors to keep Rafique out of the NZ bound team just because Rafique managed to piss him off by not playing NCL matches. But that does not necessarily mean he had prior hostility towards Rafique, or that anti-Rafique gang made him do it.

Once again, my memory of the 2001-03 period of Bangladesh cricket is blurry, and I will appreciate if someone refreshes my memory, but please don't mix up who played what role and in which timeline.

Miraz
March 4, 2008, 07:31 PM
Eshen, Saber Hossain was replaced during October 2001 election by caretaker government. Rafique never played when he was board president except the debut Test. I hope you know the Durjoy-Saber relation, durjoy got dropped in December 2002 from Test team and Rafique was nowhere near the Test team as they successfully branded him ODI bowler.

Anyway, I don't want to write much about Lipu and Bobby here, due to some personal reservation.

Anyway, I am not really willing to discuss this matter, it's not very pleasant for me.

GuruTM
March 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
For example we know Saber's role at that time. What is his role now in current BCB?

What was boby's role at that time? is he the one?

What was Lipu's role at that time? So he os also there in the equation then?

Who are the few others? They also played some role?

Let me think. My name is Saber, Miraz is lipu, Dhakablues is Durjoy, Ehsen is bobby, Tigers_Eye would play latif, Sadi is Moni, Omio is Mainu. And for just in this case scenario dear Fazal, you would play Md Rafique. Imagine this as a parar politics case scenario.

You are a bright boy with a little bit of attitude problem. You are not that polite. As being the parar big boss i demand a lot of respect, i don't care who you are and so does Miraz. For some reason you have failed to show ENOUGH respect to Dhakablues and your attitude isn't that great towards me or lipu. Behind the scene Latif was pissed off at this. He ordered Mainu and Durjoy to teach you a lesson and slap you back and accross in public. They did just that. Other than behind the scene activities, none of us other than Mainu and Durjoy have anything to do with you being mistreated in public according to your logic, my friend. We don't get involved with little weeds. From law point of view you can at best accuse us of conspiring, nothing more than that. Unfortunately, this is not parar politics. This is national cricket and it involves selection of the best performer we have ever had in the short history of BD cricket. It doesn't really matter that Md. Rafique had a little attitude problem, infact real performers always have a little attitude problem. We as a group failed to see beyond our petty politics and destroyed what might have been a much better carrer for Rafique and beneficial for BD. Durjoy just diverted your carrer passage and you never got the chance to play for BD to prove yourself, and your misfortune continued well beyond Durjoy.

Jaihok, we were ousted at some stage. But WE ARE BACK AGAIN. Fazal, thukku, Md. Rafique, you have failed to show ENOUGH respect to Ehsen. Look mate, unfortunately we don't care who you are and you will be forced retired. You have a little respect for yourself and want to quit BD cricket.

I have put in lot of effort into making this case scenario. I believe you would appreciate and understand. I can only try to make you understand if you don't understand it at all, but there are people out there who understands everything but pretend not. I hope you belong to the former group. Fazal, think outside the square. In this case the square is called political affiliation.

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 07:58 PM
Eshen, Saber Hossain was replaced during October 2001 election by caretaker government. Rafique never played when he was board president except the debut Test. I hope you know the Durjoy-Saber relation, durjoy got dropped in December 2002 from Test team and Rafique was nowhere near the Test team as they successfully branded him ODI bowler.
Once again Miraz, get your timeline right. Durjoy lost his captaincy and was kicked out of the team in November 2001 when he made a farcical move to invite Zimbabwe to bat after winning the toss. He came a year later to play in his last test, but he was reduced to a shadow of his previous stature in Bangladesh cricket by then.

Blaming it on Durjoy, Saber, or Awami league does not add up why Rafique missed so many tests.

Disclaimer: I am not a league supporter, or Durjoy fan, honestly.

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 08:04 PM
Once again, I don't get why Lipu or Latif is being dragged in this Rafique discussion (about his past selection issue). Rafique was a national team regular for the both periods those two were team managers. Only recently he managed to piss them off by not playing in NCL matches.

MarufH
March 4, 2008, 08:12 PM
I have few questions too...

Why didn't Rafique play in NCL??

Why would he be awarded if he had such a bad relation with board?

If he started career at 1985, (btw, I was born that year... jeez... it's been long hard 23 years) I hard he used to play soccer before that... I'm 23... can someone do some math here....?

If all time great Shane Keith Warne retires at 37... I have nothing to ask to the selectors if they look forward. We are going to be the host 2011, do u want Rafique uncle to play until then?

The bottom line is, "ek hate tali baje na". Don't u think Rafique is using his celebrity power here....???

Eshen
March 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
Anyway, Siddons clearly said he does not mind having senior players in the team if they can perform. If Rafique had the confidence that he could keep up his performance at this level for another year, he should have sticked around.

I respect the man for knowing when it was his time to call it a day (very unlike Sir HaBa), but I would have respect the man more if he had not done it in the pretense of a protest.

MarufH
March 4, 2008, 08:33 PM
Edited:

HereWeGo
March 4, 2008, 08:41 PM
Guys U guys are making a big deal out of Rafiques immature comment. After watching him in the first test match where he was completely flat, even i wont have picked him for the next few matches.

Rafique fought with Habibul Bashar.....I mean who fights with Ha Bash, the x Captain cant even hurt a fly. Rafique started bowling well since Pakistan series and no selectors dropped him since.

I am not denying that there are no politics in Bangladesh cricket but not to the degree as you guys are talking about. If I were u I wont make a huge fuss abt Rafiques comment.

I can agree that AL played a major role in making Durjoy the captain but they surely had nothing to do with kicking rafiue out of the team.

kalpurush
March 5, 2008, 02:02 AM
I predict there is no way they will get a fair deal from the FANs here.

ReTE mane ki?
Here is the fair deal/rate:
Buy 1 selector= $33.99
Buy 2 selectors= $43.99
Buy 3 selectore=$49.99

auntu
March 5, 2008, 04:22 AM
good goin miraz n others. I back Miraz for his stance on Rafique. thease Dj n Saber r just ......

Spitfire_x86
March 5, 2008, 05:10 AM
Durjoy is the only BD captain since ICC-97 era who got the job mostly because of his political influence. He wasn't even really regular in the team when he became captain. I remember national team players play in an exhibition match which was part of Saber Hossain's 2001 election campaign. And guess who was captain then?

It's no surprise that he'll not find it easy convincing many people about his ability to do his current duties neutrally.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 05:16 AM
Once again Miraz, get your timeline right. Durjoy lost his captaincy and was kicked out of the team in November 2001 when he made a farcical move to invite Zimbabwe to bat after winning the toss. He came a year later to play in his last test, but he was reduced to a shadow of his previous stature in Bangladesh cricket by then.

Blaming it on Durjoy, Saber, or Awami league does not add up why Rafique missed so many tests.

Disclaimer: I am not a league supporter, or Durjoy fan, honestly.

Eshen, please read the posts before suggesting anything to anyone.

I have said that Durjoy got dropped permanently from national team in December 2002 which is true. Have I said that Durjoy lost his captaincy in December 2002???

Why bring Awami League here? Have I or Rafique said anything about Awami League? Please don't don't cook up conspiracy theories.

Bottom line is, I trust Rafique's words more than anyone here because Rafique was the sufferer and he knew very well who was behind the scenario.

He opened up and every media either supported him or remained silent that also shows he is absolutely dead right.

I have nothing personal against anyone. Durjoy, Lipu, Bobby... no one.

It was Rafique who suffered, but he never mentioned any name. He is polish enough, but unfortunately we are not and we are bringing names, parties and cooking up different conspiracy theories.

Anyway, my last words will be, have some respect for the old man, he is not saying anything for his own interest, he has retired after serving the country for a long time. He simply wants to prevent the recurrence of similar events when personal interests and conflicts dominate over cricketing reasons and ultimately Bangladesh suffers.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 05:21 AM
MarufH, don't point towards his age. He is fit enough and performing. Do you have any idea that how many international spinners played Test cricket in their 40's!!

Bringing Rafiques's age here shows the mean side of our character to justify the treatment he received.

Rafique deserved better, period.

Omio
March 5, 2008, 05:51 AM
Edited:
Edited keno?

GuruTM
March 5, 2008, 06:12 AM
Edited keno?

[বাংলা]মোস্ট প্রবাবলি, ডুপ্লিকেট পোস্ট। [/বাংলা]

Bechara mone hoy polaiche! :)

Tigers_eye
March 5, 2008, 09:13 AM
wow!! This thread just blew up or what? In 12 hours the post count just doubled!! Fazal'r dosh. Mia jodi question na korto ta hoiley ato kisu hoito na.

Anywho, GuruTM, ami Latif'er part'a raji asi only if you change my title from Colonel to LT General. That makes me the supreme authority. Muhahaha!!

Rafique didn't mention names. Very nice of him. But he did little not to expose them. My stances is, "ja rotey, ta kichuta botey." To what extent, that is yet to be determined.

I can't be the judge without hearing the other side of the story. This information is just one way. So before choosing sides, I request you guys wait. Things will surface in due time.

Eshen
March 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
Eshen, please read the posts before suggesting anything to anyone.

I have said that Durjoy got dropped permanently from national team in December 2002 which is true. Have I said that Durjoy lost his captaincy in December 2002???

Why bring Awami League here? Have I or Rafique said anything about Awami League? Please don't don't cook up conspiracy theories.

Excuse me, I am the one coocking up stories !!! You are the one who was saying Pro-Saber Lipu-Durjoy-Bobby group blah blah blah !!!

Mr Editor, the way you are twisting words, you sound just like BD politicians.

Eshen
March 5, 2008, 10:33 AM
BTW, I am not saying Rafique is telling lies. I am the one who pointed out ex-selector Rumi being the current team manager. Aliul is also back and serving the board in different capacities (I just wonder why so many people assumed Rafique was talking about Durjoy). But just because Rafique was left out a tour, it does not mean that those guys are still influencing team selection.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 10:34 AM
Excuse me, I am the one coocking up stories !!! You are the one who was saying Pro-Saber Lipu-Durjoy-Bobby group blah blah blah !!!

Mr Editor, the way you are twisting words, you sound just like BD politicians.

Eshen, that's not the way we talk here. Try not to make too much personal attacks. I haven't twisted any single word.

I haven't mentioned anything about AL or any parties.

Saber-Lipu-Durjoy-Bobby's name was mentioned in this thread by another member and I have just followed it up and that's because of Fazal's persistence.

You were responding to my post and brought up Awami League which was never mentioned by me.

Anyway, thanks.

I have already mentioned that I am not interested to discuss this matter.

Bottom line is, I trust Rafique's words more than anyone here because Rafique was the sufferer and he knew very well who was behind the scenario.

Anyway, my last words will be, have some respect for the old man, he is not saying anything for his own interest, he has retired after serving the country for a long time. He simply wants to prevent the recurrence of similar events when personal interests and conflicts dominate over cricketing reasons and ultimately Bangladesh suffers.

Ehsan
March 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
I think we just have too much time to waste. We don't know anything for sure. We can believe whatever we want to, no point debating on it. But it stays true for sometime that all subcontinental teams have politics in team selection. CTG should address these issues.

Eshen
March 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
Eshen, that's not the way we talk here. Try not to make too much personal attacks.
I agree. So please don't accuse anyone (especially I)of cooking up stories, because that does sound like a personal attack.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 10:44 AM
I agree. So pleas don't accuse anyone (especially I)of cooking up stories, because that does sound like a personal attack.

And, please don't try to put your own words (in this case Awami league) into another persons mouth. That's really unacceptable and that's why I mentioned about cooking up stories.

SS
March 5, 2008, 10:47 AM
Ok my dear friends,

lets stick with the topic. Rate current selectors ability to select players who can perform and win the matches for our country.

Eshen
March 5, 2008, 11:02 AM
And, please don't try to put your own words (in this case Awami league) into another persons mouth. That's really unacceptable and that's why I mentioned about cooking up stories.
Once again Miraz, please refrain from using phrases like "cooking up stories" and "putting words into another persons mouth", if you don't want the debate here to get personal.

Awami league came up not necessarily in response to your quote. One member here mentioned Durjoy's political affiliation. Also, there was a debate here few days ago where some members were accusing that players are getting selected based on their political allegiances.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ok my dear friends,

lets stick with the topic. Rate current selectors ability to select players who can perform and win the matches for our country.

I think they are doing quite OK.

It's the failures of players, like Bashar and Mushy, which made their job pretty straight forward.

And we do not have any Maradona who is left outside the squad.

Although, IMO, bringing Rokibul to national fold is a bit premature decision.

abu2abu
March 5, 2008, 11:23 AM
Wow, I need everyone needs to calm down here.

Miraz Bhai, you clearly have some influential contacts in BD cricket and recently conducted an interview with Rafique which was no doubt an emotional epxerince for him. however, you should respect the view of others and not take the words of rafique as gospel, just because of his undeniable achievements on the cricket field.

You said that durjoy seemed hsotile towards rafique in a recent interview because he didn't see him as part of the future BD team. But is that so controversial? After all even rafique himself says he only wanted to continue playing for a year or two. Also, you could argue that rafique is hostile towards some of a younger bowler like enamul by not mentioning him as a future prospect.

Rafique is clearly a controversial figure, it was well publicised that he had spats with senior management, even on one occassion Whatmore. so please don't paint him as a saint because you had one pleasant conversation with him over the telephone.

Miraz bhai, you cannot have it both ways. You cannot say all those criticising rafique's words (and let's face he really is settling some old scores) are wrong and then say you don't want to explain why because it's unpleasant to you.

Rafique sevred his country but so have lipu, Durjoy and others. why is rafique a saint and all the others sinners?...

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
Who said Lipu, Durjoy are sinners? me? never.

I salute every national player who played for Bangladesh. They served Bangladesh in a lot better way than I am doing. I have never used any derogatory terms to any single player, never.

For your information, I know Rafique for a much longer period. It's not that suddenly I had a conversation with him and that changed my vision about him.

I am not taking Rafiques's words as gospel. I am believing him because he was the sufferer and he knew who is behind the scenario. And another important thing is the endorsement of the Bangladeshi media. No single media outlet has protested Rafiques words or even criticized it. All sports reporters know the truth. If Rafique was making some stories, definitely you would have seen some other counter arguments in the media.

Anyway, tired of this debate. Don't wanna start another one here.

abu2abu
March 5, 2008, 11:46 AM
Miraz bhai, with the greatest respect, you accuse the media of concocting stories and then say the fact they have not adversely reacted to Rafique's comments is proof that they are true! Which is it?

Leaving out a player for the NZ tour because he is out of form, nearing retirement because there are good, younger spinners around is not politics. It's a selection decision.

lamisa
March 5, 2008, 11:56 AM
Most of the members assume here and they are hardly in touch of the real happenings and inner politics of Bangladesh cricket.

:applause::applause:totally agree with you miraz bhai. i ike their slection for the ODI squad but althe same,they are more of politicians than selectors.i think ei selectioner pichhone siddonser boro kono haat ase.i would give them 1.75 out of 10.

GuruTM
March 5, 2008, 12:04 PM

I would find it almost impossible to believe that if Rafique is making up stories then the whole BD printed media (not to mention that it is heavily dominated by pro AL) would remain silent over the issue. So whoever is accusing Rafique of making up stories i would urge them to back their accusation/allegation/theory/facts with at least a single printed media or any form of media referrence to the issue. If you can't i am accusing YOU of making up stories without remorse. Its YOU with a capital Y.

I am not suggesting media has become a moral authority of ours, but if the whole MEDIA is silent over an issue then this is a concern. Since when our media had agreed upon an issue as a whole? Never.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
abu2abu, I am pointing towards the agreement of the media houses.

When I say sometimes media twist stories, it's definitely related to one or two media houses (randomly) which we have seen in the past, but in case of Rafique all media houses are in agreement.

Eshen
March 5, 2008, 12:31 PM
Now this debate is becoming lame, the media lives on this kind of spicy stuff, why would any of them oppose Rafique ?

In Bangladesh, Rafique is a folk hero. Now that he is retiring, public affection and sympathy to him is all time high (he deserves it). No reporter would be stupid enough to subject himself to public rage at this point by speaking against Rafique.

Also, Rafique worded his accusation cleverly that can't be countered easily. He was right to say that people that kept him out the test team (past selectors) are back in BCB. Now there is no way to prove or disprove that they are still not influencing team selection. Also Rafique was clever to make his accusations vague enough so that if any selector or BCB official reacted to it - he would be caught saying "Ami kola khai na".

BCB should have made a statement clearing the board of accusations made by Rafique. Then again, there is an international tour going on (where our team is playing poorly), this is probably not the best time to stir this controversy more.

MarufH
March 5, 2008, 12:50 PM
MarufH, don't point towards his age. He is fit enough and performing. Do you have any idea that how many international spinners played Test cricket in their 40's!!

Bringing Rafiques's age here shows the mean side of our character to justify the treatment he received.

Rafique deserved better, period.

Sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I was just saying it's good to retire with dignity. All I was saying is if we want to build a team for WC' 11 we need to start now.

Would u be kind enough and clear me through other questions? Or it's just a strategy to find my weak point and attack there?

Rafique deserved better, period.Completely agree. Yes he does. But if you do not have basic discipline, what do u expect??? He didn't play NCL and therefore pissed off the selectors. Thats how I see it.

And what kind of person do you think gets in fight with people like Dav and Habib...?

(I'm just hoping that u don't look at this blindly, think out of the box)

I'm not anti-Rafique... in fact Rafique is one of my most favorite player. I used to go watch him play at dhanmondi...walking few miles. Being a fan and not looking at the fact is two different things.

MarufH
March 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
[বাংলা]মোস্ট প্রবাবলি, ডুপ্লিকেট পোস্ট। [/বাংলা]

Bechara mone hoy polaiche! :)

Tiger ra kokhono polai na.... I think I deserve some sleep and must attend some classes.

MarufH
March 5, 2008, 01:06 PM
Edited keno?

dosto... fact chara line mira laav nai.. ei jonno edited.

auntu
March 5, 2008, 02:52 PM
bOOm bOOm man !!!

r kisu lagbe?

BANFAN
March 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
Rafique:
Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10 Year
1 2 53.0 12 120 3 3/117 3/120 40.00 2.26 106.0 0 0 2000
6 11 314.5 77 792 33 6/77 7/116 24.00 2.51 57.2 3 0 2003
8 10 380.1 77 978 25 6/122 6/122 39.12 2.57 91.2 1 0 2004
6 8 237.4 61 684 12 5/65 5/108 57.00 2.87 118.8 2 0 2005
4 7 196.5 43 525 14 5/62 9/160 37.50 2.66 84.3 1 0 2006
5 6 154.5 12 651 7 3/27 4/126 93.00 4.20 132.7 0 0 2007
2 3 97.0 17 241 6 2/54 4/109 40.16 2.48 97.0 0 0 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rafiq's stats clearly show a decline in 2007 and inconsistency through 2005-7. That could be a consideration for the sellectors todrop him in NZ tour to prepare a younger one??

Dhakablues
March 5, 2008, 05:23 PM
Caveat to that is,, We played the stronger oppositions during this time too. Our Cousine Zimbabwe and distant cousine West Indies was not in our scheduled visits during this time. Also, why do you say its declining,, ? It is still decent econ rate and wickets. Would you compare the stats against those of Mashrafee/Shahadat?

nsd3
March 5, 2008, 06:08 PM
Rating the selectors, I believe, is this thread about. I'll give the following points to the selection teams:

Faruque led team: 4 out of 10 (pass mark: 33%) Result: failed.
Rafique led team: 4 out of 10 (this is mid term as the full tenure is not finished yet).
Other team like Mainu etc... are out of consideration/ disqualified)

If Graeme Smith is right I'd say too many youngsters were pre maturely introduced without developing set of players with experience during Dav era (Faruque Team). Now we are doing the same as almost all are new. So the challenge for the current selection team would be to continue (whatever the performance in the 1st year) with this team and set players by batting position (As SA said they were looking for a batsman at No 7; almost like a head hunting firm looking to fill a vacancy. This means all the other positions are fixed!)

shaad
March 5, 2008, 06:21 PM
Rating the selectors, I believe, is this thread about. I'll give the following points to the selection teams:

Sorry about being so nitpicky, but isn't that (4 out of 10 = 40%) a pass? Or does a pass mark of 33% mean you have to be in or above the 67th percentile? nsd3, mind korona, just curious. We now return you to our regular discussion about the relative merits of the selectors.

Murad
March 5, 2008, 06:22 PM
Rafiq's stats clearly show a decline in 2007 and inconsistency through 2005-7. That could be a consideration for the sellectors todrop him in NZ tour to prepare a younger one??

Can you tell me where the young player is now??

How come he was dropped for the South AFrica series after plying a single match in NZ?

The selectors are confused. They are bunch of jokers.

They picked Enam for NZ wheras hes only good in home soil. But he wasn't picked for the home series. Why?

What are they trying to prove here? They are trying every possible way to drop Rafique from the national team. And what reason they are giving for the player they pick in place of RAfique? These reasons are so lame. They are just making fun of themselves nothing else.

And about the performance

WE plaed 5/6 Tests in 2007. Rafique played in 5. 3 against SL in SL. 2 against India at home.

IN all 5 matches, all the bowlers bowled craps. Mashrafe, Shahadat, Enam everyone. Our batsmen were even worse. Howcome nobody questioned Mash and co.? Why only Rafique?

nsd3
March 5, 2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry about being so nitpicky, but isn't that (4 out of 10 = 40%) a pass? Or does a pass mark of 33% mean you have to be in or above the 67th percentile? nsd3, mind korona, just curious. We now return you to our regular discussion about the relative merits of the selectors.

Hi Shaad, 33% meant to be the passing mark (not what they achieved). So actual result for them would be: Pass with Third Division mark. Thanks for your findings. Cheers!

BANFAN
March 6, 2008, 03:04 AM
Can you tell me where the young player is now??

How come he was dropped for the South AFrica series after plying a single match in NZ?

The selectors are confused. They are bunch of jokers.

They picked Enam for NZ wheras hes only good in home soil. But he wasn't picked for the home series. Why?

What are they trying to prove here? They are trying every possible way to drop Rafique from the national team. And what reason they are giving for the player they pick in place of RAfique? These reasons are so lame. They are just making fun of themselves nothing else.

And about the performance

WE plaed 5/6 Tests in 2007. Rafique played in 5. 3 against SL in SL. 2 against India at home.

IN all 5 matches, all the bowlers bowled craps. Mashrafe, Shahadat, Enam everyone. Our batsmen were even worse. Howcome nobody questioned Mash and co.? Why only Rafique?

They ofcourse have their mistakes too. Like the players, they are also part of a new test playing nation and are not experts like all others related to BD cricket. We have a costly coach for teaching the players, who teaches these sellectors? We have left them to learn by doing.

They also need time to learn to spot a tallent at an early stage. They definitely have to listen to the captain, Coach of national team, at the same time have to also listen to age group and academy coaches and finally make their decision to sellect a player. After all these the irresponsible approach of our talents in approaching the game, makes their job even more difficult. More over i am not very sure, given our BD culture; if the sellectors are free of interferrences from the top of BCB & Government. I have no evidence to say that during COCO & Saber in BCB, political influence was a lot on all of the sellectors. Infact that was pretty normal to happen.

I also feel that enamul is not getting enough chances and also guidence consistenly to mature as a player, who has all the potentials to become a succesful spinner in the tests. This is true for some other younsters who came to the team as well.

Having said all these, I think the sellectors have more or less picked the prospective tallents from amongst the top performers of the country, if someone has performed; they have always got their chances. Those who didn't perform well or were on the decline, were not sometimes handled very well; some of them got enough chances some didnt get chance to prove them selves. But they must have better reasons for that.

But we have to remember that the, Sellectors are always under pressure to do something, if the team is not doing as expected, and what the sellectors can do? They can pick or drop players only.

The root of the problem is that the players are not performing in the middle.

abu2abu
March 6, 2008, 04:42 AM
He didn't play NCL and therefore pissed off the selectors. Thats how I see it.

And what kind of person do you think gets in fight with people like Dav and Habib...?

This is spot on. Some people (not least rafique himself) seem to be happy to see anti-rafique conspiracies everywhere, but aren't these explanations more reasonable and likely?

Sohel
March 6, 2008, 04:46 AM
I'm totally with Rafiq and by extension, Miraz on some of the issues discussed here.

Arbitrariness, nepotism and political connections are sadly an integral part of some of the phone calls and other things which influence our "selection process" and have been since day 1. To suggest anything else is absurd, such is the prevelance of political influence and subsequent "perception management" when it comes to our players and their cricket.

Those suddenly interested in nitpicking for 'evidence' all of a sudden are more interested in the subjective political expediency and convenience of their opinions and motives more than anything else IMO.

As emotional as Rafiq can be, and as far as those emotions may carry him either way, I believe him in this instance completely. I was the CCO of a company which co-sponsored the Bangladesh-Zimbabwe test and ODI series back in 2001 and have seen some of this crap in person even during those times of transition. Some of the facts are sub judiceand I cannot talk about them in any detail, but the common perception of what the BCB has been is more or less spot on when comes to its selectors.

Jaha bahanno, tahai tipanno ebong chuanno ... :down:

nsd3
March 6, 2008, 06:56 AM
As emotional as Rafiq can be, and as far as those emotions may carry him either way, I believe him in this instance completely. I was the CCO of a company which co-sponsored the Bangladesh-Zimbabwe test and ODI series back in 2001 and have seen some of this crap in person even during those times of transition. Some of the facts are sub judiceand I cannot talk about them in any detail, but the common perception of what the BCB has been is more or less spot on when comes to its selectors.

Jaha bahanno, tahai tipanno ebong chuanno ... :down:

Wasn't Mr. Latif there as Manager? What we saw on newspaper back then - was it not the real story?

nobody
March 6, 2008, 07:03 AM

Rafique led team: 4 out of 10 (this is mid term as the full tenure is not finished yet).
Other team like Mainu etc... are out of consideration/ disqualified)

If Graeme Smith is right I'd say too many youngsters were pre maturely introduced without developing set of players with experience during Dav era (Faruque Team). Now we are doing the same as almost all are new. So the challenge for the current selection team would be to continue (whatever the performance in the 1st year) with this team and set players by batting position (As SA said they were looking for a batsman at No 7; almost like a head hunting firm looking to fill a vacancy. This means all the other positions are fixed!)
Wow, selecting two players againest conventional wishdom (i.e. Mushy and Tamim) and those two giving us the greatest win in our history. And you give them pass mark. I am speechless. According my evaluation they passed with flying color considering the previous one led by Aliul. The present group is the competator of aliul led selector. Rafiq never a cricket brain. I watched him play and how reckless he was. Durjoy was always a political appointment. Akram always a player first then a captain. If you consider cricket brain then I think Faruq is the sharpest one after Nannu and Lipu ( I am watching cricket since 80 and played with Akram/ Nannu/ Rubel/ Noble/ Masum in Gallies of Ctg)

abu2abu
March 6, 2008, 07:04 AM
I've been giving this a lot of thought recently. The truth is there are always two sides to every story. I think Tigerseye referred to this previously. Those who side unquestionably with rafique are wrong to do so but so are those who assume everything he says is untrue and motivated by malice. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

None of this should take anything away from rafique's achievements on the field and Miraz bhai's achievements in recording a fine interview.

nsd3
March 6, 2008, 07:28 AM
Wow, selecting two players againest conventional wishdom (i.e. Mushy and Tamim) and those two giving us the greatest win in our history. And you give them pass mark. I am speechless. According my evaluation they passed with flying color considering the previous one led by Aliul. The present group is the competator of aliul led selector. Rafiq never a cricket brain. I watched him play and how reckless he was. Durjoy was always a political appointment. Akram always a player first then a captain. If you consider cricket brain then I think Faruq is the sharpest one after Nannu and Lipu ( I am watching cricket since 80 and played with Akram/ Nannu/ Rubel/ Noble/ Masum in Gallies of Ctg)
Good to know your opinion. Not producing a consistent team was the reason sited for them to pass with a third division mark. While the current one is not a final mark as this is just a start for them, saved my final grading for later.

bulbul_fan
March 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
lol lol..this my first thread which reached 3rd page and nearing its sentury of post..lol
nd ya about rafique for whom all these replyes (mostly)..I think Rafique is loosing his weight by critisizing the selectors there..this is not going to help him..no matter wht, but he is loosing the credit he acheived all these years...:( .......Y should he quit if he can play for another year??? he can continue if he wants...some people had even worse experience against selectors..for a reminder ...wht happened to Dada..we all know that..but he came strong...unlike rafique...........atleast rafique is not facing a situation which dada had to face...rafique is very important for bd team..but ganguli was also equally or even more important for India...So rafique thinks something is going wrong with him, he needed to fight the situation out..instead of acting like a pure looser.....

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 01:45 PM
wow!! This thread just blew up or what? In 12 hours the post count just doubled!! Fazal'r dosh. Mia jodi question na korto ta hoiley ato kisu hoito na.

Who me? Couldn't be... It must be Curator Belel's Fault. Belal Betai Choor.

Any way I Agree with you, we are too quick filling up the dots and making conclusion based on "one side of the story" and unsubstantiated information. Thats why I asked those questions for few reaosns:

1. Who are the accused one? Its a moving target to me.
2. Do we have enough information to make uo our mind?
3. Are we accusing people purely based on quilty by association?

I am not saying that 'one side of the story' is wrong. But I am not convinced I know enough to go with the flow here.

Any way I tried get some clarification here. But what I got is more confusiion, accusation and other unrelated accusations ( Shoel_NR messdage for example).

But looks like I will get more information from other developments anyway...
based on DailyStar BCB asked official explanation from Rafiq about Rafiq's accusation. Whether we like it or not, most likely we will get more information and hopefully some of the answers of my questions....

Rafique told to explain

Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) yesterday show-caused Mohammad Rafique for his comments against board officials last week.

Ace Bangladesh left-arm spinner Rafique, who retired from international cricket, told before his last Test in Chittagong that he wished not to continue with the national team under the people who have prompted his retirement.

Rafique is the only Bangladesh cricketer to have taken 100 wickets at both Test and one-day levels.

"By making unproven allegations against board officials, Rafique has broken the code of conduct. If he fails to prove the complaints, the board could punish him," said board member and cricket operations committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu yesterday.

Rafique, who was not available for comments, has been asked to give his reply by tomorrow.

Murad
March 6, 2008, 01:48 PM
Etodin shob kisui Alok er dosh chilo.. ekhon dekhi shob Belal miyar dosh..:lol:

MarufH
March 6, 2008, 06:12 PM
lol lol..this my first thread which reached 3rd page and nearing its sentury of post..lol
nd ya about rafique for whom all these replyes (mostly)..I think Rafique is loosing his weight by critisizing the selectors there..this is not going to help him..no matter wht, but he is loosing the credit he acheived all these years...:( .......Y should he quit if he can play for another year??? he can continue if he wants...some people had even worse experience against selectors..for a reminder ...wht happened to Dada..we all know that..but he came strong...unlike rafique...........atleast rafique is not facing a situation which dada had to face...rafique is very important for bd team..but ganguli was also equally or even more important for India...So rafique thinks something is going wrong with him, he needed to fight the situation out..instead of acting like a pure looser.....

Don't feel good about yourself... 90% of the post are not even talked about your headings... rather I suggest u take it easy on BOLD/Colorand opening threads.

bulbul_fan
March 7, 2008, 10:28 AM
Don't feel good about yourself... 90% of the post are not even talked about your headings... rather I suggest u take it easy on BOLD/Colorand opening threads.
excuse me..[edit]...I meant this was my 1st thread to reach 3rd page..I didnot give credit to myself nor I wrote a word of proud....so..[edit]..........nd ya the thread reached 3rd page because the topic was diverted some other topic....................