PDA

View Full Version : keys to success for bangladesh

Rifat
March 5, 2008, 03:25 PM
1. learn to take singles, singles, singles... when batting, you don't have to score a boundary every delivery nor do you have to get settled when you come in to bat, when you see the right delivery, just smack it or learn to take more and more singles.

2. keep runrate over 4.0

3. never be emotionally upset...

we should get something out of the next difficult ODI series....

Rifat
March 5, 2008, 03:27 PM
one more thing, Dale Steyn, Ntini, and peterson can restrict bangladesh to 50 anyday, be more watchful of these three...

Nafi
March 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
Dale Steyn's ODI bowling is nothing compared to his test bowling.

Ntini can be negotiated easily by our batting

Peterson shouldnt be a problem

Total Tiger Domination

tiger_omar
March 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
Steyn might be a problem with the new ball, so if we play carefully against him, I think our batsmen can handle the rest of their bowlers.

Tamim will give Ntini's bowling the treatment it deserves and play him like Zaheer Khan;).

Peterson IMO is very ordinary and I bet Ash can't wait to play some shots against him and the paddle sweep against Ntini as well.

It should be a fun series if there aren't too many Bangladeshi batting collapses and I can't wait.

kalpurush
March 5, 2008, 07:35 PM

Total Tiger Domination
Nafi is in motion?! Why not? Let me in!!:D

BD-Shardul
March 5, 2008, 07:56 PM
Key to success: All fans should stop following BD cricket. Ash and co will then come up with a win.

GuruTM
March 5, 2008, 08:45 PM
Did somebody lost the keys somehow? Thanks Rifat for finding the keys for us. :up:

Murad
March 5, 2008, 08:48 PM

Total Tiger Domination

Ntini is not in the ODI squad.

He's gone back to South Africa along with Kallis & Boucher.

Nafis_BD
March 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
1. learn to take singles, singles, singles... when batting, you don't have to score a boundary every delivery nor do you have to get settled when you come in to bat, when you see the right delivery, just smack it or learn to take more and more singles.

2. keep runrate over 4.0

3. never be emotionally upset...

we should get something out of the next difficult ODI series....

Amen to that. I would also add a couple of things to the list. When a batsman is out dont think about the score or the wicket(s). Just settle down and rotate strike but if you get a bad ball then smash it away for four or six but becareful no to get out smashing the ball.

Play sensibly. The bowlers will try to get into your mind but dont let that happen. Find out what the bowlers are doing to get you out or tempt you to play a rash shot and avoid doing that. If they dont give away their wickets and can avoid another batting collapse, we actually have a great chance of winning or giving the Saffers a run for their money.

Rifat
March 6, 2008, 07:01 AM
another thing: i am not blind, but we play way too many shots in the air way too early, we should not play flighted shots unless we are certain that that shot will go for four or six.

if we have wickets... and we have 10-15 overs left to play, then we can relax a bit and play "Natural game"... Cricket is an accumulative sport, it builds up, unfortunately every time Bangladeshi Batsmen get settled, the OPPOSITE happens :( we do not know the definition of accumulative :(

play it safe :)

amit1
March 6, 2008, 07:40 AM
bangladesh should try to make 250+ scores in odis

arifur81
March 6, 2008, 11:18 AM
I think if BCB sends a group of 11 years old boys to Australia cricket training school and they get trained until they are 19 years old, then they return to Bangladesh cricket team to play for Bangladesh.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think if BCB sends a group of 11 years old boys to Australia cricket training school and they get trained until they are 19 years old, then they return to Bangladesh cricket team to play for Bangladesh.
:floor:

arifur81
March 6, 2008, 11:31 AM
:floor:

Yes I know its sounds funny but as I said according to me this will be the key for success.

Rabz
March 6, 2008, 12:54 PM
গন ধোলাই । পতেঙ্গা নিয়া ১০০ বার চুবানো দরকার।

Sovik
March 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
stay at the crease.

BANFAN
March 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
Try to Play full 50 overs

LateCut
March 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hmmmm! Keys to success? I only know of one living key. He is Robert William Trevor Key and he plays for England. Obviously, we cannot play him. Other notable Keys are long dead. So, there are no Keys available for boosting BDs success rate.

Ahmed_B
March 6, 2008, 02:23 PM
i am not blind
[বাংলা]খাঁটি কথা! নিশ্চই আপনি ব্লাইন্ড না... তাহলে তো ফোরামে লিখতে পারতেন না![/বাংলা]

Rifat
March 8, 2008, 12:55 PM
another thing: take the responsibility yourselves... don't think batsmesn # 11 Syed Rasel will score a century for you because you scored a duck...

auntu
March 8, 2008, 01:25 PM
:-B

:yawn:

:-B:-BL-)