PDA

View Full Version : An Inverview with Mashrafe about his recent performance

Murad
March 5, 2008, 03:43 PM
Shamokal had a nice inverview with Mashrafe. SO I thought I should share it with you people as well. :)

He talked about some of the things that we wanted to know like, why he's failing in both batting and bowling.

I guess after reading the interview, you will have no more confusions about his performance.

Wicket Pachchi Na Bolei Eto Kotha Hochche (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=91347)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/saregama123/cap1.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/saregama123/cap2.jpg

sandpiper
March 5, 2008, 03:57 PM
Our cricketers are very good at giving interviews. But its true that he badly needs to perform well now. :)

kalpurush
March 5, 2008, 03:57 PM
Mashrafee needs a break I think. He is still confused where his mistakes or problems are! We need a bowler coach asap to fixed that I believe.

akabir77
March 5, 2008, 04:03 PM
here is another one on the same topic

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=58316

Murad
March 5, 2008, 04:12 PM
Mashrafee needs a break I think. He is still confused where his mistakes or problems are! We need a bowler coach asap to fixed that I believe.

You are absolutely right, Obayed bhai.

We need a bowling coach for our bowlers. Atleast for around 2 months.

We didn't have bowling coach for long long time. We had Sarwar Imran whos a Dhudbhaat.

We should bring Washim Akram or Aqib Javed for few months.

Gowza
March 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
didn't people say siddons wanted a bowling coach? and that was when siddons was starting/just before he started, i wonder what happened with that....totally agree on having a bowling coach, even if the bowlers are doing a fine job it's always good to have someone there for the support and just to be there in case something goes wrong.

kalpurush
March 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
We need a bowling coach for our bowlers. Atleast for around 2 months.

We didn't have bowling coach for long long time. We had Sarwar Imran whos a Dhudbhaat.

We should bring Washim Akram or Aqib Javed for few months.
Ditto.:)

Tigers_eye
March 5, 2008, 04:28 PM
Bull crap shob kotha barta. Jaijai din'a Mash babaji bollo, "Kader bipokkhey khelchi ta kheal ratkey hobey". Utter rubbish. You play the ball, you bowl according to the plan. Not the players. If one plays the players then too much credit is given before a ball gets bowled. As if they never faced 140k delivery? they never faced bouncers before? they never faced a class batsman? Kaan diya dhuwa ber hocchey amar ei report porar por.

kalpurush
March 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
Bull crap shob kotha barta. Jaijai din'a Mash babaji bollo, "Kader bipokkhey khelchi ta kheal ratkey hobey". Utter rubbish. You play the ball, you bowl according to the plan. Not the players. If one plays the players then too much credit is given before a ball gets bowled. As if they never faced 140k delivery? they never faced bouncers before? they never faced a class batsman? Kaan diya dhuwa ber hocchey amar ei report porar por.
like this, Mijan Bhai?!;)
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/Smokecomingoutofears.jpg

sadi
March 5, 2008, 04:58 PM
blah blah blah.... don't wanna hear anything.... show me the results

al Furqaan
March 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
it seems mash is not so lion-hearted afterall...all this talk about "south africa are a strong team"

someone should him the youtube clips of the india world cup match, where he knocked out a team with 3 10k ODI run getters.

Dhakablues
March 5, 2008, 05:31 PM
1. We do have our new bowling coach.. I think it is Champaka
2. Mashrafee can be a container bowler for the ODIs as long he doesnt get into his "block hole", "attemted yorkers" ( which caused 17 runs last over against Zimbabwe)
3. He should be given the attack with Rasel and Shahadat. We need to build a pace attack that is not dependet on only 2 pacers. Any world team must have a solid partnerships and its not either or between Mashrafee/Shahadat/Rasel.. Imagine an in-form Mashrafee, Shahadat and Rasel.. with their varying styles and experiences,,,its a perfect dream ticket ( Okay,,too much CNN)

Murad
March 5, 2008, 06:28 PM
Champaka will join later this month i think. He will work with the academy players.

habfreak
March 5, 2008, 07:48 PM
http://prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=ODcwNjg=&mid=OA==
didnt know where to put this. It's Rahim's interview published on Prothom-alo today. He showed tremendous class considering his age, didnt try to make any excuses at all and I really liked the last part when he said his battle is with himself; not Pilot or Dheeman.
I think tis guy will be a great cricketer if developed properly. I'd hate to see him rushed back in to the international scene too early. even he realizes that he needs to go back and work on his basics. Now lets hope BCB realises it too!

BD Tigers
March 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
You are absolutely right, Obayed bhai.

I disagree with this statement. if u ever played cricket in dhaka league, u wudn't be saying about Imran bhai.

djnaved
March 5, 2008, 10:19 PM
mamu will not improve if he doesn't have any bowling variations. For couple of months, I have seen that he is bowling in one line without variations.:-P

al-Sagar
March 5, 2008, 11:51 PM
If his bad form continues give him a break in the ireland series

Sohel
March 6, 2008, 12:58 AM
If he really believes what he had to say to this journo, MaMu REALLY needs a break and some professional shrinkage ! He has been bowling at least two absurdly loose deliveries per over, and the less said about his body language the better ! The way he scampers away from the line of delivery with the bat and all that padding, makes most of us wonder where he lost his cojones, when and how ...

That said, I really hope he proves us all wrong and comes back with vengeance during the ODI series.

One World
March 6, 2008, 02:00 AM
He still got it, just needs to lift it up again. I believe he does not need a break, he just needs some inspiration to bring his mojo in order.

Murad
March 6, 2008, 02:02 AM
He just need some wickets thats all.

Usually he bowls well when he gets a breakthrough early in the innings. And if he can't, he just lose his balance in some of the deliveries.

Rifat
March 6, 2008, 07:04 AM
why was he called "chicken" again? i think he is one of the bravest souls out there, he just needs to rebuild his focus...

zainab
March 6, 2008, 07:47 AM
didnt know where to put this. It's Rahim's interview published on Prothom-alo today. He showed tremendous class considering his age, didnt try to make any excuses at all and I really liked the last part when he said his battle is with himself; not Pilot or Dheeman.
I think tis guy will be a great cricketer if developed properly. I'd hate to see him rushed back in to the international scene too early. even he realizes that he needs to go back and work on his basics. Now lets hope BCB realises it too!

I sincerely hope that he comes back to international cricket when he is ready. he was thrown into the arena too early, he is still young and he is also one of my favourite players, will miss seeing him behind the wicket.

crikss
March 6, 2008, 08:06 AM
:( He didn't mention about his chicken Batting..I guess he used to be a all-rounder :D..When we are going to play against India again..

Foozy
March 6, 2008, 08:54 AM

Some one please translate this one to me. For some reason I cant open prothom alo articles on my computer. Also, I just read the Mash interview in bangla, and im very slow reading bangla. So a translation would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance to who ever gives us the translation!

RazabQ
March 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
Quick hitters from the interview:
Mushy thinks that it's not as much the pressure from the media, rather he feels there might be some problem with his technique. Reporter alluded to the huge pressure on Mushy when he replaced Pilot for the WC squad and yet responded with a 50 against India. Mushy acknowledged that and said yeah that stuff you take with the territory in international cricket

His plan is to go play for BKSP where will get to work with his early coaches. He also plans to do some analysis on his own. He is determined to improve himself.

He thinks Dhiman's cool and that he hopes he brings good performance from the team. Meanwhile his struggle is to improve himself.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 04:28 PM
Thats the spirit. I hope hope he goes back and work on his problems and come back with a new and improved Rahim. Time is on his side...so there is no hurry. The more important thing is when he come back, he need to come back as a better performer on the field.... batting wise... wicket keeping wise.

arafath79
March 6, 2008, 06:25 PM
1. We do have our new bowling coach.. I think it is Champaka
2. Mashrafee can be a container bowler for the ODIs as long he doesnt get into his "block hole", "attemted yorkers" ( which caused 17 runs last over against Zimbabwe)
3. He should be given the attack with Rasel and Shahadat. We need to build a pace attack that is not dependet on only 2 pacers. Any world team must have a solid partnerships and its not either or between Mashrafee/Shahadat/Rasel.. Imagine an in-form Mashrafee, Shahadat and Rasel.. with their varying styles and experiences,,,its a perfect dream ticket ( Okay,,too much CNN)

I agree with you. we need three pacers in the team. Shahadat showed some good batting against the SA fast bowlers. Technically Shahadat is a better batsman than Mashrafe. One more thing is that Champaka will be ok for the U-17 or U-19 team as a bowling coach but we need some great bowlers like Andy Roberts, Aquib Javed, Waqar or Wasim to be the bowling coach of the national team.

karimjay.
March 7, 2008, 06:57 AM
What he needs is to bowl on a bouncy overcast pitch against a county team.

About time BD makes some notions to get our national players into county. If Mongia can get in...