PDA

View Full Version : BCB have issued show-cause notice on Rafiq

bdboy
March 6, 2008, 06:32 AM
BDNEWS24 reports BCB have issued show-cause notice on Recently retired from international cricket Mohammed Rafiq. Rafiq has express his willingness to retire from international cricket on 28 Feb, 2008 on pre-test conference at chittagong. He also has said he has been forced to retire by some individual inside BCB.

Now BCB has sent legal notice to rafiq who has still more than 2 months left in contract with BCB with various paper cutting of his remarks. He has to answer by the 8 March.

BDNEWS24 link here (http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=21963&cid=26&us=eb19deaac5d0bd7b4eb516b3f23d9887)

Interview with Miraz bhai here (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=25691)

Sohel
March 6, 2008, 06:33 AM
Screw BCB !

nobody
March 6, 2008, 06:33 AM
so what's next. This is called "Churi Churi, Shina Juri".
They should better show cause the selectors and players for their non-performance. Ideally they should form a probe committee to verify Rafiq's aquisation.
:down:BCB

bdboy
March 6, 2008, 06:38 AM
Lipu says they did not want to make him upset during his last test. So they are sending it now.

You are hero as long as you perform!!!

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 06:42 AM
This is a cheap shot from BCB.

nsd3
March 6, 2008, 06:42 AM
so what's next. This is called "Churi Churi, Shina Juri".
They should better show cause the selectors and players for their non-performance. Ideally they should form a probe committee to verify Rafiq's aquisation.
:down:BCB
Things could get right direction after Rafiq's explanation. Since Rafiq blamed BCB employee (i.e., BCB) of misdeed, BCB will first send show cause to Rafiq - understandable. Karon Dorshao means explain with reasons. BCB, I guess, wouldn't send the notice to selectors first after hearing comments from the complainant. They could initiate inquiry once they hear Rafiq's explanation. Let's see.

bdboy
March 6, 2008, 06:48 AM
Things could get right direction after Rafiq's explanation. Since Rafiq blamed BCB employee (i.e., BCB) of misdeed, BCB will first send show cause to Rafiq - understandable. Karon Dorshao means explain with reasons. BCB, I guess, wouldn't send the notice to selectors first after hearing comments from the complainant. They could initiate inquiry once they hear Rafiq's explanation. Let's see.

Looking forward to that.

Omio
March 6, 2008, 06:48 AM
Rafique doesn't even care that.

crikss
March 6, 2008, 07:59 AM
BCB Sucks..they really hate Rafique

Roni_uk
March 6, 2008, 08:06 AM
I am surprised that they did this to our only cricket legend.

mahbubH
March 6, 2008, 08:10 AM
Seems Rafique's comments are true.

Ehsan
March 6, 2008, 08:41 AM
We are jumping our guns too soon. It may look like that a show-cause order is a bad thing, but it may turn out to be for good ONLY if Rafique can produce some evidence to back up what he said. But I don't think Rafique has any evidence to back up his accusation, he got emotional and said the obvious without any proof. Now, selectors are doing this to save their arse from Rafique's accusation. If this was not sent by selectors but by BCB, then I believe they want to do some sort of investigation.

An order to show cause is a type of court order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_order) that requires one or more of the parties to a case to justify, explain, or prove something to the court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court). <SUP class=reference id=_ref-NoloPress_0>[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_to_show_cause#_note-NoloPress)</SUP> Courts commonly use orders to show cause when the judge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge) needs more information before deciding whether or not to issue an order requested by one of the parties. <SUP class=reference id=_ref-OLDef_0>[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_to_show_cause#_note-OLDef)</SUP> For example, if a party requests that the court find another party in contempt of an existing court order, the judge will typically issue an "Order to Show Cause Re Contempt" to the party accused of being in contempt of court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_court). At the hearing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_%28sense%29) on the order to show cause concerning contempt the judge will take evidence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence) from both sides concerning the alleged failure to comply with the court order. Appellate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appellate) courts often issue orders to show cause to lower courts requesting that the lower court explain why the appellant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appellant) should not be granted the relief requested by the writ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writ) or appeal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal). An order to show cause is always an interim order because it is never the first nor the final action in a legal action.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_to_show_cause

sadi
March 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
Rafique was the one complaining. I actually didn't appreciate him going about it just before the test match creating some unnecessary distractions. Anyways, now he can follow through his complains with the notice. If what he said has some truth behind it, obviously he will be the one come out smiling. No big deal. Lets just wait and see what happens before jumping to an conclusion.

Mahmood
March 6, 2008, 09:23 AM
Rafiq is still under contract which prohibits him to say anything to the media against BCB, seletors or the team (Code of Conduct). He definitly broke it. But at this point, I dont think Rafiq cares about the 2 monthes pay.

dash
March 6, 2008, 09:31 AM
whats the fuss.
he made an accusation so they asked for the reason.
he can now reply nd the ball will be on bcbs court

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 09:32 AM
We were only hearing one side of the story all this time. Now comes the other side of the story. Drama will continue.

Is there any whistle-blowing law in BD? May be M Rafique can be protected under that law? This can only be done if he has evidence. Meaning 1) a supporter who was present during that time and attest to what Rafiq says, or 2) the accused confess. We know the accused would never confess be it true or untrue. So if M Rafique wants to stick around BCB and fulfill his dream then he better start contacting all those who got neglected due to politics and persue them to testify.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
Shame on BCB..Shame on Lipu

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 10:11 AM
Why is shame on BCB and Lipu?

Put yourself in that position. What would you do? Someone talks bad about the organization, doesn't matter true or false, you can't sit and do nothing. Must investigate to clear your name or your organizations name. Showcause is the first step of that investigation. Again, put yourself in their shoes. One would be naive not expect a backlash.

We are bangalis. We don't have the culture to take criticism lightly. Espar-uspar koira felbo ajkay - that is the mentality.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 10:36 AM
Exactly. Why blame BCB? They are trying to sort things out. Show Cause does not mean punishing Rafiq, they need an explanation why he accused the selectors. BCB may take action against selectors if proven guily.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 10:44 AM
It's not about asking Rafiq to prove his accusations, the legal notice is served because he breached the code of conduct as he spoke to the media and criticized BCB.
BCB is not going to prove or disprove anything, it's only the breach of code of conduct which is the subject here, not the accusations made by Rafique.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
I dont know why Rafiq is making it such a big deal for not selection him for certain tests: Did he forget:

1. He was sent home at least TWICE before the series was even over for fights among team members.
2. I remember he even got physical over Haba and haba even cried after the incident
3. He continuosly ignored first class matches, specially the away ones so that he can spend time building his dhaka residence.
4. He did not perform that great for last one/two year, against India he was totally out of sorts. His batting was non existence.

Just because he is a great does not mean he cant be dropped for underpermence or due to disciplinary action.

Now is he going to blame BCB or selectors for not making him a captain ever for the BD team? Rafiq is a legend, I would just retire in peace and let all the fuss go. Every coin has two sides, he was dropped for a reason and he should realize that.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 10:47 AM
Miraz explained nicely. I think any player under contract would get similar notice from BCB for similar action.

Ajfar
March 6, 2008, 10:48 AM
just cause rafiq did so much for bangladesh doesn't mean he's an exception to the rule....

BANFAN
March 6, 2008, 11:10 AM
imagine if all the players under the contract starts talking to media and accusing BCB !!!

If Rafiq gets away breaching the contract, why can't others? What BCB will do with Rafiq shall become an example for future breaches of the same nature. BCB has to be fair.

Off course that does not take away anything, that Rafiq has done for the country. Lets not mix up

Dhakablues
March 6, 2008, 11:40 AM
Are they going to send Cross-Fire bahini to get him if he doesnt respond?

Murad
March 6, 2008, 11:40 AM
Srilanka's former captain Atapattu said a lot of things about the Selectors to the media in Australia during the Test series.

He was a contracted player. But the board didn't take any action. Why? Because he retired at the end of the 3rd Test. So they showed respect to him. Srilanka's board officials are some how okay but selectors were stupid.

But what is BCB doing? They shoing disrespect to the legend. Why? Because he just blasted the bomb of untold truths behind the curtains. He accused not only selectors but also some board officials. So now they got a chance so they will again show their power.

But I think Rafique is a strong person. He will fight. He won't let it go that easily.

Rabz
March 6, 2008, 12:15 PM
Rafiq is a legend, yes that is true. So he should set a good example esp for the youngsters to follow.

Even if what Rafiq has said is true, he clearly breached his contract and went behind his employer.

He could have just waited only a couple of months before coming out clean.
May be it was unintentional on his behalf, but it does not set a good example.

BCB has all the rights to show-cause its contracted player for breaching the code of conduct. Any organisation would do that.

AsifTheManRahman
March 6, 2008, 12:21 PM
Haay rey bangali, kisu na buijhai chillachilli :)

dash
March 6, 2008, 01:16 PM
Srilanka's former captain Atapattu said a lot of things about the Selectors to the media in Australia during the Test series.

He was a contracted player. But the board didn't take any action. Why? Because he retired at the end of the 3rd Test. So they showed respect to him. Srilanka's board officials are some how okay but selectors were stupid.

But what is BCB doing? They shoing disrespect to the legend. Why? Because he just blasted the bomb of untold truths behind the curtains. He accused not only selectors but also some board officials. So now they got a chance so they will again show their power.

But I think Rafique is a strong person. He will fight. He won't let it go that easily.

srilankan board forced jayasuria to retire. he even had a ceremony. then the board or what ever changed then he said he was forced to retire nd he wants to continue. so i dont rate the srilankans very highly

Ehsan
March 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
As I thought before, he was asked to prove his allegations. He did break the code of conduct, however the show-cause was issued to prove his complaints as the daily star reports.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) yesterday show-caused Mohammad Rafique for his comments against board officials last week.

Ace Bangladesh left-arm spinner Rafique, who retired from international cricket, told before his last Test in Chittagong that he wished not to continue with the national team under the people who have prompted his retirement.

Rafique is the only Bangladesh cricketer to have taken 100 wickets at both Test and one-day levels.

"By making unproven allegations against board officials, Rafique has broken the code of conduct. If he fails to prove the complaints, the board could punish him," said board member and cricket operations committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu yesterday.

Rafique, who was not available for comments, has been asked to give his reply by tomorrow.

Source: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=26458

The punishment part sounds a bit harsh. But I guess rules are rules. Rafique should have kept quiet atleast till next 2 months. I feel the board would not go as far as punishment, they are just trying to prove they are "innocent".

dash
March 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
i respect rafiq for what he has done for bd cricket. he is a legend and an icon

but he was never out of controversy:

he declared his retirement after getting angry over something after 99 wc nd the board persuaded him back.

it is accused that he abused haba and rana during zim tour because haba took rana to ray price for tips.

he almost came blow-to-blow with a physio. i forgot who it was.

it is possible that he suffered injustice during early days of his test career. But, he was not an automatic choice the then. nd i heardly remember any media outcry for him coz enamul sr was known to be a better flighter of the ball (im not suggesting he was better than rafiq)

lately, i dont know y he didnt play ncl matches outside dhaka may be he had some valied reason.

one might have noticed that he didnt make any good comment about enamul jr i dont know whether this is because he replaced rafiq in nz.

the point is, he is always known to be volatile and irrational

BD Tigers
March 6, 2008, 01:42 PM
we are bangalees. we will do politics where we can. Rafique will never be able to prove his allegations against the selectors but that doesnt mean its not true. Its an open secret we all know that. Not all the players get selected based on merits or performance.

Now BCB-er aate gha lagse that's why they are doing this. Lets see kothakar jol kothai goray.

Dhakablues
March 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
The Dennis Rodman of our Cricket... why not??Rafique wanted this fight and he got it. And now he can say to the board,," Screw you morons,, I dont care about your show cause cause I am already gone". Or he can do another thing... call a press conference and respond to the show cause in public in details and in front of the press.. That should do it..

ASA
March 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
Seems Rafique's comments are true.
Could be. Or it could be that BCB took his complaints seriously and wants to pursue this investigation. But they could have simply summoned Rafique instead of a public show-cause notice. So you could be right.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 02:02 PM
We are jumping our guns too soon. It may look like that a show-cause order is a bad thing, but it may turn out to be for good ONLY if Rafique can produce some evidence to back up what he said. But I don't think Rafique has any evidence to back up his accusation, he got emotional and said the obvious without any proof. Now, selectors are doing this to save their arse from Rafique's accusation. If this was not sent by selectors but by BCB, then I believe they want to do some sort of investigation.

Exactly. Whats the point of accusing and not follow through it? If he can identify and prove, hopefully the culprit will be officially identified and dealth with. If not he need to retract, Either way I hope for a good ending.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 02:17 PM
What Rafique said is almost impossible to prove, and BCB knows it very well. That's why they went to issue the legal notice.

He was left out during prime time of his career due to some political/personal stuff, it's true but how can you prove it?

Everyone knows he was left out, when returned he picked 6-77 in the very first Test, does it prove anything?

It can only say that he was too good to sit outside the team. Now what kind of proof you can produce to prove that some person denied Rafique due to some personal conflict/interest??

The only proof is Rafique always performed whenever opportunity was given, I don't see any other tangible proof here. We all can understand the truth, but it's almost impossible to prove.

People who were running the show at that time are now in BCB in different capacities, is that any proof?

I am afraid no one can bring tangible evidences in this case.

It's not a money laundering or extortion case or any other form of corruption where the culprits leave some sorts of evidence behind.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
it is possible that he suffered injustice during early days of his test career. But, he was not an automatic choice the then. nd i heardly remember any media outcry for him coz enamul sr was known to be a better flighter of the ball (im not suggesting he was better than rafiq)
the point is, he is always known to be volatile and irrational

Excatly my point. Rafique was not an automatic choice. Enamul Haq Moni Sr was known to be a better allrounder than Rafique as far as I recall during th era, Rafique is complaining about.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
Excatly my point. Rafique was not an automatic choice. Enamul Haq Moni Sr was known to be a better allrounder than Rafique as far as I recall during th era, Rafique is complaining about.

That's the worst lie in the history of Bangladesh cricket, it was very expensive too.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 02:30 PM
Rafique is a victim of BCB Politics

reyme
March 6, 2008, 02:30 PM
When it comes to injustice, life is not fair, everybody went through unfairness some of point of their life. What about dropping my all time favourite player Manzurul Islam Rana, after winning the come from behind series win against ZIM? Poor guy won 2 back to back MOM. Next thing you know he was dropped in the very next series. Too much arrogance is not good. Pilot paid his price by claiming to be an automatic choice.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 02:35 PM
That's the worst lie in the history of Bangladesh cricket, it was very expensive too.

Really? If thats is the case then why did the media and fans reamained quiet over his exclusion during that time?

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
Really? If thats is the case then why did the media and fans reamained quiet over his exclusion during that time?

Well, actually they didn't remain quiet. There were a number of reports at that time and finally they were forced to take Rafique due to media reports.

Rafique came from a very poor background and at that time didn't have much influence on the board (even now he hardly has any influence). It's the media and fans which forced selectors to include Rafique in the Test against South Africa and he bagged 6-77 in the first innings.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
When it comes to injustice, life is not fair, everybody went through unfairness some of point of their life. What about dropping my all time favourite player Manzurul Islam Rana, after winning the come from behind series win against ZIM? Poor guy won 2 back to back MOM. Next thing you know he was dropped in the very next series. Too much arrogance is not good. Pilot paid his price by claiming to be an automatic choice.

A very good example. btw Rana was also my favorite player. But do I think its politically motivated decision? No.

The other mistake Rafiq may have done is the timing of it. If he could have waited atelast few more months and write a book about his experince, that would have been perfect.... No breaaking rules therefore no legal trouble.... and he could have make some mony out of it.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 02:43 PM

:o:o:o....please look at the stat

<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION>Batting and fielding averages

Enamul Haque

</CAPTION><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings batted" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="not outs" noWrap>NO</TH><TH title="runs scored" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH class=padAst title="highest inns score" noWrap>HS</TH><TH title="batting average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="balls faced" noWrap>BF</TH><TH title="batting strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="hundreds scored" noWrap>100</TH><TH title="fifties scored" noWrap>50</TH><TH title="boundary fours" noWrap>4s</TH><TH title="boundary sixes" noWrap>6s</TH><TH title="catches taken" noWrap>Ct</TH><TH title="stumpings made" noWrap>St</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>10</TD><TD noWrap>19</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>180</TD><TD noWrap>24*</TD><TD noWrap>12.00</TD><TD noWrap>520</TD><TD noWrap>34.61</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>25</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>29</TD><TD noWrap>26</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>236</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>32</TD><TD noWrap>11.23</TD><TD noWrap>479</TD><TD noWrap>49.26</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>6</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mohammad Rafique
<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION></CAPTION><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings batted" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="not outs" noWrap>NO</TH><TH title="runs scored" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH class=padAst title="highest inns score" noWrap>HS</TH><TH title="batting average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="balls faced" noWrap>BF</TH><TH title="batting strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="hundreds scored" noWrap>100</TH><TH title="fifties scored" noWrap>50</TH><TH title="boundary fours" noWrap>4s</TH><TH title="boundary sixes" noWrap>6s</TH><TH title="catches taken" noWrap>Ct</TH><TH title="stumpings made" noWrap>St</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>33</TD><TD noWrap>63</TD><TD noWrap>6</TD><TD noWrap>1059</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>111</TD><TD noWrap>18.57</TD><TD noWrap>1630</TD><TD noWrap>64.96</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>110</TD><TD noWrap>34</TD><TD noWrap>7</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>125</TD><TD noWrap>106</TD><TD noWrap>17</TD><TD noWrap>1191</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>77</TD><TD noWrap>13.38</TD><TD noWrap>1663</TD><TD noWrap>71.61</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>110</TD><TD noWrap>29</TD><TD noWrap>28</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bowling averages

Enamul Haque

<TABLE class=engineTable><THEAD><TR class=head><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings bowled in" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="balls bowled" noWrap>Balls</TH><TH title="runs conceded" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH title="wickets taken" noWrap>Wkts</TH><TH title="best innings bowling" noWrap>BBI</TH><TH title="best match bowling" noWrap>BBM</TH><TH title="bowling average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="economy rate" noWrap>Econ</TH><TH title="bowling strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="four wkts in an inns" noWrap>4w</TH><TH title="five wkts in an inns" noWrap>5w</TH><TH title="ten wkts in a match" noWrap>10</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>10</TD><TD noWrap>12</TD><TD noWrap>2230</TD><TD noWrap>1027</TD><TD noWrap>18</TD><TD noWrap>4/136</TD><TD noWrap>4/136</TD><TD noWrap>57.05</TD><TD noWrap>2.76</TD><TD noWrap>123.8</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>29</TD><TD noWrap>28</TD><TD noWrap>1238</TD><TD noWrap>1083</TD><TD noWrap>19</TD><TD noWrap>2/40</TD><TD noWrap>2/40</TD><TD noWrap>57.00</TD><TD noWrap>5.24</TD><TD noWrap>65.1</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mohammad Rafique

<TABLE class=engineTable><THEAD><TR class=head><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings bowled in" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="balls bowled" noWrap>Balls</TH><TH title="runs conceded" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH title="wickets taken" noWrap>Wkts</TH><TH title="best innings bowling" noWrap>BBI</TH><TH title="best match bowling" noWrap>BBM</TH><TH title="bowling average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="economy rate" noWrap>Econ</TH><TH title="bowling strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="four wkts in an inns" noWrap>4w</TH><TH title="five wkts in an inns" noWrap>5w</TH><TH title="ten wkts in a match" noWrap>10</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>33</TD><TD noWrap>48</TD><TD noWrap>8744</TD><TD noWrap>4076</TD><TD noWrap>100</TD><TD noWrap>6/77</TD><TD noWrap>9/160</TD><TD noWrap>40.76</TD><TD noWrap>2.79</TD><TD noWrap>87.4</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>7</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>125</TD><TD noWrap>124</TD><TD noWrap>6414</TD><TD noWrap>4739</TD><TD noWrap>125</TD><TD noWrap>5/47</TD><TD noWrap>5/47</TD><TD noWrap>37.91</TD><TD noWrap>4.43</TD><TD noWrap>51.3</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
.The other mistake Rafiq may have done is the timing of it. If he could have waited atelast few more months and right a book about his experince, that would have been perfect.... No breaaking rules therefore no legal trouble.... and he could have make some mony out of it.Rafique didn't do it for money. He wants to see an end of this political practice so that such events never happen again. When a deserving player sits outside, it's Bangladesh cricket which suffers most.

It was very much required to point out these ongoing anomalies, and IMO, Rafique did the right thing, he timed it perfectly as media attention was maximum at that time.

Legal notice is nothing but an eye - wash as BCB can only terminate his contract (he is no longer playing anyway) or can refuse to pay salary for the rest period of his contract. Rafique will probably lose some money, but if it can make things straight, that's priceless.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 02:55 PM
Rafique didn't do it for money. He wants to see an end of this political practice so that such events never happen again. When a deserving player sits outside, it's Bangladesh cricket which suffers most.

It was very much required to point out these ongoing anomalies, and IMO, Rafique did the right thing, he timed it perfectly as media attention was maximum at that time.

Legal notice is nothing but an eye - wash as BCB can only terminate his contract (he is no longer playing anyway) or can refuse to pay salary for the rest period of his contract. Rafique will probably lose some money, but if it can make things straight, that's priceless.

spot on Miraz Bhai..you read my mind...Rafique did the right thing at the right time

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Miraz
Rafique didn't do it for money. He wants to see an end of this political practice so that such events never happen again.

Few thoughts...

1. Nobody is saying Rafiq did it for Money. Actually I said exactly opposite i.e. he missed opportunity to make some money by exposing in his book. It would sell like hot potato.

2. Not following agreed upon rules may not help his cause.

3. If someone is looking for media splash or just revenge, it may be a good time. But if someone is looking for exposing injustice so that its not done in future, then timing is ovbiously quesionale. He waited for 6 years, he could have waited few more months. That could have created a invironment for more constructive discussion/criticm.

4. Just accusing vaguely may not be enough. Its more usefull if the accusation is more precise and have some backup information.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
Couple of counter thoughts...

3. After 5-6 months the news would have hardly received any local media coverage, let alone international coverage. BCB people would have brushed it aside in smiling face. Now due to international and local coverage, they are under pressure and people in charge of selection/BCB will think twice to do similar things again as it can result in embarrassment in future.

4. Post no. 36

What Rafique said is almost impossible to prove, and BCB knows it very well. That's why they went to issue the legal notice.

He was left out during the prime time of his career due to some political/personal stuff, it's true but how can you prove it?

Everyone knows he was left out, when returned he picked 6-77 in the very first Test, does it prove anything?

It can only say that he was too good to sit outside the team. Now what kind of proof you can produce to prove that some person denied Rafique due to some personal conflict/interest??

The only proof is Rafique always performed whenever opportunity was given, I don't see any other tangible proof here. We all can understand the truth, but it's almost impossible to prove.

People who were running the show at that time are now in BCB in different capacities, is that any proof?

I am afraid no one can bring tangible evidences in this case.

It's not a money laundering or extortion case or any other form of corruption where the culprits leave some sorts of evidence behind.

Murad
March 6, 2008, 03:11 PM
Bhai shob...Shanti Shanti

Bhaijanera.. kisu arguments kalker jonne o rakhen please. Shobtai ajke sesh korle kalke ki hoibo?

irteja
March 6, 2008, 03:15 PM
<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>Few thoughts….
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p>
<UL><FONT face=<font size=" /><o:p><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">Rafique has nothing to loose anymore. He said in his interview he retire one year early. So he has to wait more then a year. Not two months.
<FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">We are talking about most successful bowler in the history of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> cricket taking more then 125 wicket. If he was not victimize he could have play 18 more tests and we might win one more test match as well.<o:p><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">Team should not be selected by one particular selector personal choice. Our team selector got too much power to choose final 11 then the coach and the captain. One wrong decision can seriously jeopardize the prospect of wining a match.<o:p><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">BCB should solve the matter with Rafique internal rather then putting the whole thing in public. This is just insulting a legend. Just look what CA give respect to Gilly in past few weeks. <o:p><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">BCB run by some influential political people they only care about money. Power and ego. They only think about their own interests. This must change. Rafique thanks for telling the truth. Take a bow mate.<FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">[বাংলা]সবশেষে বলতে চাই।অন্যায় যে করে, অন্যায় যে সহে তব ঘৃণা তারে যেন তৃণসম দহে[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 03:23 PM
Couple of counter thoughts...

3. After 5-6 months the news would have hardly received any local media coverage, let alone international coverage. BCB people would have brushed it aside in smiling face. Now due to international and local coverage, they are under pressure and people in charge of selection/BCB will think twice to do similar things again as it can result in embarrassment in future.

Agree to disagree with you sir. Media waits for juicy stories (stories are only stories, spoken by someone, facts have evidence or already proven) like this. BCB would not have any power to react to the accusations then. Now, they can show-cause and penalise and say, "see, he lied, he has no evidence. All our moves were justifiable." - even if the accusation was true.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 03:31 PM
Even if injustice is done, its done 7/8 years ago. As few people claims it may be well known for a while. So what Rafiq is achieving then (unless he have further evidence to prove)? As fas as I know, the current selectors may have done some mistakes, but based on my limited knowledge, so far they haven't targeted any plkayer based on party affiliation. Neither did the previous Faruk's team. So what we are acheiving here by thrying to embarass the current selectors ... if that is the goal here?

Looks like trying to score a point at the cost of spoiling his farewell party. If that is the goal, then obviously he achieved it.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
[বাংলা]রফিক অনেকটা আবেগি মানুষ। সে তার আবেগকে কাবু করতে পারে নাই। সে নিশ্চই অনেক দুঃখ কষ্ট নিয়ে অবসরে গিয়েছে। প্রেস কনফারেন্সে রফিক জাই বলুন সেটা কি বিসিবি আগে থেকে জানত না? ১০০ উইকেট পাওয়াতে রফিক লাইমলাইটে ছিল। বেদেশী সংবাদ মাধ্যমেও। এখন তার কথায় জেভাবে প্রতিক্রিয়া হয়েছে দুই তিন মাস পড়ে বললে তেমনটি হত না। বিদেশে দেখি খেলোয়ারেরা মুখ খুলতে টাকা পয়সা নেয়, কোন গরম কিছু রীতিমত চ্যালেলের সংবাদে বিক্রি করা হয়। বা বই লিখে বাড়তি অর্থ কামাই করার চিন্তা থাকে। কোড় অফ কন্ডাক্ট রফিক খুব ভালো করেই জানত। রফিকের প্রাপ্ত সম্মানটুকু বিসিবি দেয় নি। এখন কারন দর্শানো নটিশের নাটক করা হচ্ছে। [/বাংলা]

dash
March 6, 2008, 03:36 PM

can u dig any major media outcry during that time for rafiq being left out so long.

nd that was the time when public out cry did seems to take toll.

haba got into the test team by public demand.

nannu got into the wc squad by public demand.

im not saying haq sr was better than rafiq.

its just that on paper there was very little to choose between.

but, rafiq proved that it was a mistake not to pick him later when he got the opportunity. but, that was later. think of it without being emotional.

BANFAN
March 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
1. Has Rafique made the alegations in a press conference? or in a one to one interview?
2. Who took the interview and published it? was it Miraz?
3. Is there any scope/possibility of Rafiq denying that he said anything like that? or say that he has been misquoted or misunderstood?

Anyway, Rafiq has faced these types of troubles many times and must be experienced quiet a lot, to deal with it.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I still think players who are like Rafique, hard working and came from simple background and have no influence in BCB, have to work twice or thrice to earn a national call.

Look at Farhad Reza, he deserves a place in the Test team, but I don't know what else he should do to seal a Test spot!!

Same happened to Manjural Islam Rana, Ehsanul Haque Shezan, and you can add couple of names with that easily.

These leaves a feeling that some deserving players are sitting out while some other players who have good connections are enjoying national spot quite easily.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
dash, I am not sitting with the archives of national newspapers, anyone who followed cricket for quite some time knows about the media outcry to include Rafique in the Test team.

It wasn't an innocent mistake.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 03:44 PM
So you guys are saying that you are surprised by this 'show cause' notice? Isn't it the obvious move by the BCB?

Actually I was expecting much worst step by BCB, and thanks GOD that never happend. That is dropping Rafiq at the last moment (2nd TEST) as a punishment. Remember its A Marshall Law here in Bangladesh.... and an Army is in top of BCB..... you break the law, you get 'Uttom Modhom' .... Have you seen Ash and Siddon's face when Rafiq was talking?

It could have been much worst. And thanks God it didn't.

Murad
March 6, 2008, 03:48 PM
This is what Rafique said after he got the notice:

[বাংলা]"ঘটনার ৭দিন পর আমাকে এমন শোকজ পাঠানোর কারণ আমি বুঝতে পারছি না। আমি এখন বোর্ডের কেও নই। আমি অবসর নিয়েছি। বোর্ড আমাকে এই মুহুর্তে এমন চিঠি দিতে পারে না। আমি এখন থিক করেছি শোকজের জবাব দিবনা।"

আমি তো কারো নাম উল্লেখ করিনি। আমার সাথে কে কি করেছে, বেশি কিছু করলে এবার সে নামগুলোও বলে দেব।"[/বাংলা]

সমকাল (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=91429)

dash
March 6, 2008, 03:49 PM
dash, I am not sitting with the archives of national newspapers, anyone who followed cricket for quite some time knows about the media outcry to include Rafique in the Test team.

It wasn't an innocent mistake.

my friend, what i meant to say there was not any huge media outcry.
i love rafiq what he has done nd i do share ur pain thinking what he could have achieved if he had played those tests he missed. i agree with u that he may be subjected to politics.
but, if u go back then nd forget the future it was possible to do the politics because at that point of time picking enamul sr over rafiq waz not irrational

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 03:50 PM
Actually I was expecting much worst step by BCB, and thanks GOD that never happend. That is dropping Rafiq at the last moment as a punishment. Remember its A Marshakll Law here in Bangladesh.... and an Army is in top of BCB..... you break the law, you get 'Uttom Modhom' from DHGI. Have you seen Ash and Siddon's face when Rafiq was talking?
It could have been much worst. And thanks God it didn't.

Huh! so Rafique should be grateful to the administrators!!

Lucky Rafique didn't get beaten by Army!!!

If that's the reaction from some Fans, I have to say that BCB's action deserves applaud from everywhere. take a bow BCB.

Speechless!!

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 03:51 PM
This is what Rafique said after he got the notice:

[বাংলা]

আমি তো কারো নাম উল্লেখ করিনি। আমার সঙ্ঘে কে কি করেছে, বেশি কিছু করলে এবার সে নামগুলোও বলে দেব।"[/বাংলা]

সমকাল (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=91429)

Go Boy... tell us Rafiq ... tell us....Give us the Name !!!! Thats what I was waiting for last three days. specific name as a first step.

dash
March 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
Go Boy... tell us Rafiq ... tell us....Give us the Name !!!! Thats what I was waiting for last three days. specific name as a first step.

everybody knows
it naimur the then skipper who didnt like him

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 03:55 PM
Huh! so Rafique should be grateful to the administrators!!

Speechless!!

I cannot speak for Rafiq or what you should do. I can speak only for my self. And thats what I did.

As for me, I am happy that (dropping Rafiq from 2nd TEST) didn't happened.

irteja
March 6, 2008, 03:56 PM
can u dig any major media outcry during that time for rafiq being left out so long.

nd that was the time when public out cry did seems to take toll.

haba got into the test team by public demand.

nannu got into the wc squad by public demand.

im not saying haq sr was better than rafiq.

its just that on paper there was very little to choose between.

but, rafiq proved that it was a mistake not to pick him later when he got the opportunity. but, that was later. think of it without being emotional.

there was some media outcry but not much. yes i agree with you that before the England World Cup There was huge Media Outcry for Minhajul Abedin. because ODI World cup is a big thing. first time ever Bangladesh was playing in the World Cup. and Nannu was very popular player in 90s. and the time he was the Best Bangladeshi Batsman ( Technically).

Now , with Rafique there is a problem. He is a Bowler. being a bowler in our country is a curse. they never get the limelight like Batsman. just compare in India. how much media attention Sachin, Rahul Dravid, Dhoni, Verendra Sawag or Saurav Ganguly get compare to any bowler ever play for India in last 18 or 20 years.

Now one more very important point, Both Enamul Haq and Rafique is a Slow left-arm orthodox bowler. there is no point playing two same kind of left-arm orthodox
bowler. no variation in Bowling style between this two. Enamul fail match after match but sill our WISE! selector and captain Naimur opted for Enamul for some fishy reason. they did not betray with a Legend they betray with the country.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 03:58 PM
everybody knows
it naimur the then skipper who didnt like him

It need to be on the table. Only then discussion can happen.

IF you read the other thread lot of names were tossed around ....as if to see which one sticks and which one falls.....from Saber, to the team manager (the ex aprmy officer) , to Rumi, to Lipu....to Akram .. to naimur to Bobby , to "some other" to who know what...

I even predicted curator Belal as the culprit

Murad
March 6, 2008, 04:00 PM

Hey man shabdan..

Belal ke niye kotha bolle kintu porinam valo hoibo na..:-p

Ashraful ke Shotorkobani (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=91438)

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hey man shabdan..

Please don't call incompetent people as incompetent!! at least they have some influence and very important "man somman". :)

dash
March 6, 2008, 04:09 PM
there was some media outcry but not much. yes i agree with you that before the England World Cup There was huge Media Outcry for Minhajul Abedin. because ODI World cup is a big thing. first time ever Bangladesh was playing in the World Cup. and Nannu was very popular player in 90s. and the time he was the Best Bangladeshi Batsman ( Technically).

Now , with Rafique there is a problem. He is a Bowler. being a bowler in our country is a curse. they never get the limelight like Batsman. just compare in India. how much media attention Sachin, Rahul Dravid, Dhoni, Verendra Sawag or Saurav Ganguly get compare to any bowler ever play for India in last 18 or 20 years.

Now one more very important point, Both Enamul Haq and Rafique is a Slow left-arm orthodox bowler. there is no point playing two same kind of left-arm orthodox
bowler. no variation in Bowling style between this two. Enamul fail match after match but sill our WISE! selector and captain Naimur opted for Enamul for some fishy reason. they did not betray with a Legend they betray with the country.

yes i agree with u. batsman here r born with silver spoon.
yes, i agree naimur acted fishy.

but, i wont say enamul was totally flop. if u compare stats with enamuls stats now that wont give u the answer.

look at the numbers of over enamul bowled in each test matches. im not saying rafiq couldnt have done it.

but, at that point rafiq being a flater bowler rather than enamul who was flighter enabled the captain to keep out a guy who he doesn't like out of the team without much noise. in real world people (some skippers) r selfish. if possible imran khan would have kicked javed miandad out of the team.

dash
March 6, 2008, 04:13 PM
It need to be on the table. Only then discussion can happen.

IF you read the other thread lot of names were tossed around ....as if to see which one sticks and which one falls.....from Saber, to the team manager (the ex aprmy officer) , to Rumi, to Lipu....to Akram .. to naimur to Bobby , to "some other" to who know what...

todonto komitee hoa uchit

belal er tokhan kar bhumika ki chillo

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
As I thought before, he was asked to prove his allegations. He did break the code of conduct, however the show-cause was issued to prove his complaints as the daily star reports.

The punishment part sounds a bit harsh. But I guess rules are rules. Rafique should have kept quiet atleast till next 2 months. I feel the board would not go as far as punishment, they are just trying to prove they are "innocent".
Ehsan Bhai...agree with you. Though, shouldn't BCB give Rafiq some more time to answer the show-cause? It's just 48 hours!!?

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 04:40 PM
Ehsan Bhai...agree with you. Though, shouldn't BCB give Rafiq some more time to answer the show-cause? It's just 48 hours!!?
48 hours is good enough time to contact a lawyer and writeup some mumbo-jambo.

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 04:41 PM
[বাংলা]ইত্তেফাক থেকে..[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের শোকজ পেয়ে অবাক রফিক জানিয়েছেন, ‘আমি ভাবতেই পারিনি এমন চিঠি পাব। এখন আমি বিসিবি’র চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটার নই। তাই জবাব দিতে বাধ্য নই।’ প্রকারন্তরে জবাব না দেয়ার সিদ্ধান্তের কথা জানিয়েছেন রফিক। তিনি জবাব না দিলে তখন তার বিরুদ্ধে শাস্তির কথা ভাববে বোর্ড। এমনটাই জানিয়েছেন ক্রিকেট অপারেশনস কটিরি চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু। তিনি বলেন, ‘রফিক এখন চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটার না হলেও যখন এই মন্তব্য বলেছেন তখন তিনি কন্ট্রাক্টে ছিলেন। চুক্তির অধীনে থাকা অবস্থায় তিনি এ রকম কথা বলতে পারেন না।’ জবাব না দিলে সে ক্ষেত্রে বিসিবি’র করণীয় কি হবে? এ প্রশ্নের জবাবে লিপু বলেন, ‘এখানে ছাড় দেয়ার কোন সুযোগ নেই। জবাব দিলে হয়ত শুধুই ম্যাচ ফি কেটে শাস্তির ব্যবস্থা করা যেত। তবে উত্তর না দিলে আরও কঠিন কিছু হতে পারে সে আভাষও দিয়েছেন তিনি। তখন বিবিসির সবাই মিলে সিদ্ধান্ত নেবে।’ এত দেরিতে রফিককে চিঠি দেয়ার কারণ হিসেবে লিপু বলেন, ‘তখন এ চিঠি দিলে পারফরম্যান্সে প্রভাব পড়তে পারত। তাই টেস্ট শেষে চিঠি দেয়া হয়েছে।’[/বাংলা]

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 04:50 PM
But when Rafique made those comments Rafique was a contracted player of the BCB..so he did breach the contract

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 04:52 PM
It's not about asking Rafiq to prove his accusations, the legal notice is served because he breached the code of conduct as he spoke to the media and criticized BCB.
BCB is not going to prove or disprove anything, it's only the breach of code of conduct which is the subject here, not the accusations made by Rafique.
Ki Miraz bhai, care to retract your comments? Show-cause is asking why one has made those comments, not why he or she violated the rule (company policy or such).
Daily star reports:
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=26458
..."By making unproven allegations against board officials, Rafique has broken the code of conduct. If he fails to prove the complaints, the board could punish him," said board member and cricket operations committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu yesterday...

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 04:59 PM
Ki Miraz bhai, care to retract your comments? Show-cause is asking why one has made those comments, not why he or she violated the rule (company policy or such).
Daily star reports:
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=26458
So if he really has a case let him go ahead and expose those corrupt pests to the world..and he wont be charged as well

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:00 PM
Ekkhonii hoilo Rofiker shobche bhalo shomoy bodla nawar

Ehsan
March 6, 2008, 05:01 PM

You are on money! BTW KP bhai, sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you and your family is recovering well. And call me Ehsan, bhai bole lojja diben na, ami pretty sure je ami apna theke choto. But thanks for the respect though. :)

48 hours is good enough time to contact a lawyer and writeup some mumbo-jambo.

but 48 hours is not enough to gather all the evidence from so long ago...

Murad
March 6, 2008, 05:01 PM
Boro punishment bolte Lipu miya ki bujhailso??

Or Pension er taka dibe na?

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:03 PM
Boro punishment bolte Lipu miya ki bujhailso??

Or Pension er taka dibe na?
haha...jodi Rofik IPLe sign kore than who cares about pension

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:04 PM
So if he really has a case let him go ahead and expose those corrupt pests to the world..and he wont be charged as well

Exactly.... you cannot injure a tiger and ignore and go away...injured animal is more dangerous... Rafiq needs to go all the way and kill it with direct accusation and with whatever proof he have.

habfreak
March 6, 2008, 05:06 PM
haha anyone questioning Rafique's popularity has never been to a Tigers game (At the stadium). The crowd would start chanting his name every time a Bangladeshi wicket fell for him to come out to bat...don't remember anything like that done for Moni :p
If not for his overwhelming popularity and consistant performance, his career would have ended long ago sinee he had inferior Netwoking skills compared to some other players ;)
and when it coems to bowling there's absolutely no comparison! I don't know how I can prove that but to say that I've seen both bowl for almot their entire careers...and Moni was not even in the same class as Rafique..no other Bangladeshi spinner is...till today.
Rafique didn't plan this, given his simple nature it probably just slipped out in frustration. so theres no point in discussing the timing of it.

Ehsan
March 6, 2008, 05:09 PM
Exactly.... you cannot injure a tiger and ignore and go away...injured animal is more dangerous... Rafiq needs to go all the way and kill it with direct accusation and with whatever proof he have.

The sad part is Rafique probably does not have any proof from that period. I am sure if anyone of us was in his position, then we would not have had any proof either. The point is that Rafique is a victim but most likely he would not be able to prove it. Further, only 48 hours is not suficient. In conclusion, the culprits get away.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:11 PM
How many times you slip? Looks like slip of tongue happened couple of times, including before and after that media interview. Hard to believe its slip of tongue.

Murad
March 6, 2008, 05:11 PM
He should go to CA Fakhruddin Boiragi and file a complain against the All the bad men behinds the curtain.

Or call Rab Headquarters. They will take care of them in Jail. :D

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
haha anyone questioning Rafique's popularity has never been to a Tigers game (At the stadium). The crowd would start chanting his name every time a Bangladeshi wicket fell for him to come out to bat...don't remember anything like that done for Moni :p
If not for his overwhelming popularity and consistant performance, his career would have ended long ago sinee he had inferior Netwoking skills compared to some other players ;)
and when it coems to bowling there's absolutely no comparison! I don't know how I can prove that but to say that I've seen both bowl for almot their entire careers...and Moni was not even in the same class as Rafique..no other Bangladeshi spinner is...till today.
Rafique didn't plan this, given his simple nature it probably just slipped out in frustration. so theres no point in discussing the timing of it.
No one is questioning Rafique's popularity...everyone knows Rafique is the most popular Bangladeshi player of all-time

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 05:13 PM
but 48 hours is not enough to gather all the evidence from so long ago...
can draft a letter requesting more time. This happens in every case, investigation, show-cause citation almost. That is what a mambo-jumbo is actually. :)

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:14 PM
He should go to CA Fakhruddin Boiragi and file a complain against the All the bad men behinds the curtain.

Fakhu will probably just say thats the job of a normal government we are caretakers...thats what he's saying for everything: Shortage of Rice, Trial of War-Criminals

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 05:14 PM
[বাংলা]ইত্তেফাক থেকে..[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের শোকজ পেয়ে অবাক রফিক জানিয়েছেন, ‘আমি ভাবতেই পারিনি এমন চিঠি পাব। এখন আমি বিসিবি’র চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটার নই। তাই জবাব দিতে বাধ্য নই।’ প্রকারন্তরে জবাব না দেয়ার সিদ্ধান্তের কথা জানিয়েছেন রফিক। তিনি জবাব না দিলে তখন তার বিরুদ্ধে শাস্তির কথা ভাববে বোর্ড। এমনটাই জানিয়েছেন ক্রিকেট অপারেশনস কটিরি চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু। তিনি বলেন, ‘রফিক এখন চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটার না হলেও যখন এই মন্তব্য বলেছেন তখন তিনি কন্ট্রাক্টে ছিলেন। চুক্তির অধীনে থাকা অবস্থায় তিনি এ রকম কথা বলতে পারেন না।’ জবাব না দিলে সে ক্ষেত্রে বিসিবি’র করণীয় কি হবে? এ প্রশ্নের জবাবে লিপু বলেন, ‘এখানে ছাড় দেয়ার কোন সুযোগ নেই। জবাব দিলে হয়ত শুধুই ম্যাচ ফি কেটে শাস্তির ব্যবস্থা করা যেত। তবে উত্তর না দিলে আরও কঠিন কিছু হতে পারে সে আভাষও দিয়েছেন তিনি। তখন বিবিসির সবাই মিলে সিদ্ধান্ত নেবে।’ এত দেরিতে রফিককে চিঠি দেয়ার কারণ হিসেবে লিপু বলেন, ‘তখন এ চিঠি দিলে পারফরম্যান্সে প্রভাব পড়তে পারত। তাই টেস্ট শেষে চিঠি দেয়া হয়েছে।’[/বাংলা]

Hey man shabdan..

[বাংলা]মিলছে না লিপুর কথা! যেখানে আশরাফুল কে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের শুরুর আগে সতরক করা হল সেখানে লিপু বলছে পারফরম্যান্স-এ প্রভাব পরবে তাই চিঠি দেয়নি রফিক কে!!:-/[/বাংলা]

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
The sad part is Rafique probably does not have any proof from that period. I am sure if anyone of us was in his position, then we would not have had any proof either. The point is that Rafique is a victim but most likely he would not be able to prove it. Further, only 48 hours is not suficient. In conclusion, the culprits get away.

First part I agree its not easy to prove. Thats why if I were Rafique, I wouldn;t do that at that time. I may not open my mouth. In real life I fealt I was treated unfairly at office, but without proof I kept my mouth shut amd moved on.

I don;t thing 24 hrs is a issue, He can ask through his lawyer for more time. But he need to appeal if he needs more time. If its rejected, still its a win for Rafiq in public eye that he was not given enough time.

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:18 PM
I cant understand why these people cant give Rafique a break...I mean its done, he's out of Bangladesh cricket, what more do they want? I think if they want to continue this saga it will be bad for the BCB not for Rafique

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:20 PM
I think its going to be sorted out in a cross-fire before they even take him to jail

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2008, 05:23 PM
[বাংলা]মিলছে না লিপুর কথা! যেখানে আশরাফুল কে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের শুরুর আগে সতরক করা হল সেখানে লিপু বলছে পারফরম্যান্স-এ প্রভাব পরবে তাই চিঠি দেয়নি রফিক কে!!:-/[/বাংলা]
lol, ei shob jukti ki chalak lipu'r shamney darabey? Ekjon batsman onnojon bowler. ek jon nobin, onno jon probin. ekjon captain onnojon konodin captain hotey parlo na. ekjon'er khati shorishar tel factory asey onnojon tel makhatey jane na.

Kothin kothin jukti dara korano jabey. :)

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 05:24 PM
You are on money! BTW KP bhai, sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you and your family is recovering well. And call me Ehsan, bhai bole lojja diben na, ami pretty sure je ami apna theke choto. But thanks for the respect though. :)

[বাংলা]ধন্যবাদ এহসান। আপনাদের মত আন্তরিক মানুষ আছে বলেই জীবন এখনো এতো সুন্দর। :)[/বাংলা]

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:24 PM
Bhai whoi are 'them' and who is 'him' who you want to send in the cross fire? Name please ... Name.

Entire BCB? There is an Army officer at the top. Him also?

djnaved
March 6, 2008, 05:26 PM

Lipu mia dhora khaiche,:-D

rafiquer fight back kora uchit, rafique bangladesh cricketer politicser mukhoshta ta khule dite parlei bangladesh team test r one-day jeta shuru korbo. shobai bolen amin:-p

Murad
March 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
I think its going to be sorted out in a cross-fire before they even take him to jail

Him? Who?

Ami to karo naam boli nai... apni ki vitorer khobor janen naki??:confused:

Janle koiya palan.....:D

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 05:28 PM
lol, ei shob jukti ki chalak lipu'r shamney darabey? Ekjon batsman onnojon bowler. ek jon nobin, onno jon probin. ekjon captain onnojon konodin captain hotey parlo na. ekjon'er khati shorishar tel factory asey onnojon tel makhatey jane na.

Kothin kothin jukti dara korano jabey. :)
হাহাহা...বেশ বলেছেন, মিজান ভাই!;)

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:29 PM
I propose another show cause notice to Lipu also. Why inconsistency in delivering 'show cause'.....why Ash gets early and Rafiq get late? Kal Purush Bhai, can you please send a show cause notice please? We need to know behind that mystery also.

Ehsan
March 6, 2008, 05:32 PM
[বাংলা]ধন্যবাদ এহসান। আপনাদের মত আন্তরিক মানুষ আছে বলেই জীবন এখনো এতো সুন্দর। :)[/বাংলা]
Joss, Amar nam-er bangla spelling ekebar-e correct. :) Apnar moto kobi manush-er sathe dekha korte iche kore, toronto astechen naki any time soon? How about the April get together?

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 05:32 PM
I propose another show cause notice to Lipu also. Why inconsistency in delivering 'show cause'.....why Ash gets early and Rafiq get late? Kal Purush Bhai, can you please send a show cause notice please? We need to know behind that mystery also.
বস, I think both BCB and Rafiq did same mistakes here...
[বাংলা]কেউই ধোয়া তুলসি পাতা না!;)[/বাংলা]

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:33 PM
Bhai whoi are 'them' and who is 'him' who you want to send in the cross fire? Name please ... Name.

Entire BCB? There is an Army officer at the top. Him also?
bhai, im saying if Rafique goes to Fakhu, he'll say 'tottopodhayok shorkarer kaj to shudhu shob kichu dekhar kichu korar na sheta to normal shorkarer kaj' and if he goes to RAB before they take the BCB men to jail...they will be 'unfortunately' be killed in 'cross-fire'...now we dont want that..or do we?..lol

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:34 PM
বস, I think both BCB and Rafiq did same mistakes here...
[বাংলা]কেউই ধোয়া তুলসি পাতা না!;)[/বাংলা]

So you think that blame should go both way for this mess?

Sorry to put you on the spot....Miraz ailooooo.....

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:35 PM
Him? Who?

Ami to karo naam boli nai... apni ki vitorer khobor janen naki??:confused:

Janle koiya palan.....:D
na bhai rafique ke deikha to ekhon amio buijha gesi..mukh khul-lei ekta show cause paiya jamu

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 05:37 PM
Joss, Amar nam-er bangla spelling ekebar-e correct. :) Apnar moto kobi manush-er sathe dekha korte iche kore, toronto astechen naki any time soon? How about the April get together?
Unfortunately, I am very busy in April. Though, July is a posibility...and if I get an opportunity, I would be honoured and glad to meet you Ehsan.
How about you? Why don't you visit Victoria some time in summer? It's beautiful here in summer. You would love it for sure.:D

bdchamp20
March 6, 2008, 05:40 PM
man, this thread is moving faster than a match archive

Ehsan
March 6, 2008, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately, I am very busy in April. Though, July is a posibility...and if I get an opportunity, I would be honoured and glad to meet you Ehsan.
How about you? Why don't you visit Victoria some time in summer? It's beautiful here in summer. You would love it for sure.:D

I am sure I will love it in Victoria, but I am a student, and you better know what students are like. I am tied up with co-op commitment. Further, tution fee + my passion for techy gadgets + other expenses = I am broke.

Anyways, no problem. I am sure we can arrange another get together in July. Just ektu aawaz diyen. :)

kaisermatin
March 6, 2008, 06:17 PM
"We are banglees" gali shunte ar bhalo lage na. Sounds like all bangalees are evil.
Rafiq deserves punishment for breaching the code of conduct. He is one my favorite player. But I am not supporting a "jalao-porao" culture. This needs to end.
:flag:
we are bangalees. we will do politics where we can. Rafique will never be able to prove his allegations against the selectors but that doesnt mean its not true. Its an open secret we all know that. Not all the players get selected based on merits or performance.

Now BCB-er aate gha lagse that's why they are doing this. Lets see kothakar jol kothai goray.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 07:33 PM
:o:o:o....please look at the stat

you missed the point. you need to compare stats for the era me and Rafique was talking about, which was several years ago and when Moni was playing. Rafique could not make it to the team primarily for Moni and I am sure he was atleast comparable to Rafique at that time.

reyme
March 6, 2008, 07:43 PM
Well, actually they didn't remain quiet. There were a number of reports at that time and finally they were forced to take Rafique due to media reports.

Rafique came from a very poor background and at that time didn't have much influence on the board (even now he hardly has any influence). It's the media and fans which forced selectors to include Rafique in the Test against South Africa and he bagged 6-77 in the first innings.

Miraz, I am following cricket pretty much as early as you are. I dont remember media was making such hoopla 5-6 yeras ago. What do you mean finally forced to? he was out for good 2 years and are you saying madia reports was going on 2 for years, care to back up your comments with example or source?

As far as the recent inclusion, there was more outcry for EXCLUDING Enam jr. Rafiq got the nod since he was about to retire. Even JS was asking around to know if Rafiq would be as good as Razzak! If he was that of an MVP why is he not in the ODI? And why there is no media or fans outcry: Come back Rafiq.

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 08:12 PM
Anyways, no problem. I am sure we can arrange another get together in July. Just ektu aawaz diyen. :)
That sounds great and will let you know. Much thanks.:)

Zunaid
March 6, 2008, 08:38 PM
While "class" may have delayed his return to Bangladesh cricket, please do not forget that he was reported for a suspect action soon after our inaugural Test and was tardy in seeking remedial action.

Let's not be ingested by our own biases.

desirocker
March 6, 2008, 10:32 PM
Screw bcb... dear administrators, can we just open a new thread to post all the things that really comes from the bottom of our heart about the F*****g BCB. I am really tired to see BCB destroying our cricket. Please... Of course we will not be vulgar.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 10:48 PM
While "class" may have delayed his return to Bangladesh cricket, please do not forget that he was reported for a suspect action soon after our inaugural Test and was tardy in seeking remedial action.

Thanks Dr. Z for the info. I didn't know that.

As I said.... people were filling the gaps too quickly with out exploring all the possible cause for Rafiq's two years absent from TEST cricket.

Protic
March 7, 2008, 01:56 AM
I think its time for Rafique to call BACK Ganguly..and get a spot @ IPL's kolkata team.

thasan
March 7, 2008, 02:49 AM
I cant understand why these people cant give Rafique a break...I mean its done, he's out of Bangladesh cricket, what more do they want? I think if they want to continue this saga it will be bad for the BCB not for Rafique

"chorer mon police police"...those ppl (i dunno who they r) just want to make sure they are 'proven' innocent..but what they r doing will make things worse for them.
unfortunately, they probably dont understand what a great contributor rafique was

thasan
March 7, 2008, 02:52 AM
"We are banglees" gali shunte ar bhalo lage na. Sounds like all bangalees are evil.
Rafiq deserves punishment for breaching the code of conduct. He is one my favorite player. But I am not supporting a "jalao-porao" culture. This needs to end.
:flag:

well but first, u need to have transparency over the selection process...L-)

reyme
March 7, 2008, 12:10 PM

This says a lot, thanks for the clarification, hopefully we can all breathe easily now.

Miraz
March 7, 2008, 12:25 PM

That should not be used as an excuse to leave Rafique out. Actions of both Naimur Rahman and Mohammad Rafique were reported after the inaugural Test, but no embargo was placed, they were allowed to play international cricket.

Naimur continued to play Test cricket and Rafique was left out.

From BBC report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/1108559.stm)
The actions of Bangladeshi off-spinner Rahman and slow left-armer Rafique were questioned in their country's inaugural Test against India.
Detailed videotapes have been forwarded to the ICC, the Pakistan Cricket Board and the Bangladesh Cricket Board and will be used to analyse and review the bowling actions of the three players.
Each of the reports is being dealt with under the new three-stage reporting and review process introduced by the ICC.
Each player is undergoing a six-week period of consultation with bowling experts appointed by their individual national boards.
A report will be circulated by the boards to the players, the ICC and the international panel of referees and umpires in mid-February.
In the meantime, all three will be allowed to play international cricket.
BTW, Rafique continued to play ODIs, which is also international cricket. :)

pocha
March 8, 2008, 01:57 AM
No matter how much I respect Rafique and like him for whatever he has done for Bangladesh, it is unacceptable to me the way he made his exit by going public. It shows how immature and unprofessional he is by speaking to media just before the eve of the crucial test. There is no place for emotions in a professional career and he definitely set a bad example to his colleagues. Yes, he might have gain a few points over his oppressors by opening up the can of worms but my advice to Rafique and any other professional would be to PLEASE dont wash your dirty linens in PUBLIC.

kalpurush
March 8, 2008, 02:24 AM
That should not be used as an excuse to leave Rafique out. Actions of both Naimur Rahman and Mohammad Rafique were reported after the inaugural Test, but no embargo was placed, they were allowed to play international cricket.

Naimur continued to play Test cricket and Rafique was left out.

From BBC report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/1108559.stm)
BTW, Rafique continued to play ODIs, which is also international cricket. :)
Well dig, Miraz bhai. I wonder how resourcefull you are!!!:)

Fazal
March 8, 2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks Miraz for more detailed info.

But I am kind of confused. Isn't Enamul Sr. (the other spinner) was taken instead of Rafiq? Rafiq and Durjoy was not fighting for the same slot. Right?

Was the other spinner (Rafiq's slot) was also identified as suspect bowler and still in the team (instead of Rafiq) ?

auntu
March 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
so whats d update of the situation?

Rafiq bhai ki defend kortasen na?

Murad
March 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
Dhaka, March 8 (bdnews24.ocm) -- Retired spinner Mohammad Rafique has said he will not reply to a 'show-cause' notice issued by the Bangladesh Cricket Board a few days ago asking him to explain his criticism of the Board.

"I only know that I am not going to reply to the Board's show-cause notice," Rafique told bdnews24.com Saturday.

The controversy stems from remarks Rafique made at his farewell Test in Chittagong (Feb 20 to March 4) between Bangladesh and a visiting South Africa team.

Rafique told reporters that he had decided to quit international cricket to protest against "a group people in the Bangladesh Cricket Board" who did not like to see him in the squad.

"So far as I know, a cricketer's relationship with the board ends when he retires from international cricket. Considering this, I am not bound to reply their show-cause notice," said Rafique.

The BCB recently served the notice on Rafique for a code of conduct breach, asking him to reply by March 8.

However, BCB cricket operation chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu said Rafique is still a contracted player with the board, and has a further two-and-a-half months of a six-month contract to serve.

"He is therefore still governed by the board's code of conduct," said Lipu.

The 37 year-old cricketer, however, maintains that he will never play for the national side again and does not want to hear any more about a breach in the code of conduct rules.

"Besides, why did they serve me a show-cause after awarding me a farewell crest," he said.

Some cricket observers are now predicting that Rafique may not receive his remaining two-and-a-half months salary from the BCB.

Rafique may also have difficulty playing the domestic cricket, which is controlled by the board.

Rafique is the first Bangladeshi player to complete the double of 100 wickets and 1,000 runs in one-day internationals and Tests.

He scored 1059 runs, and took 100 wickets in 33 Tests since his debut against India in Dhaka in November 2000.

Rafique also made 1191 runs, and grabbed 125 wickets in as many ODIs since his debut against India in Sharjah in 1995.

BDNEWS24.COM

Murad
March 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
He's right. They should have sent the notice before he retired. But they sent the notice after 6/7 of his retirement, which is not valid. So now, they cannot do anything.

auntu
March 8, 2008, 02:14 PM
this lipu n co. should get d notice of being so 'faltu'

nijer jibone to ghorar dim parsilo r manager thaka obostai shudhu politics korsilo.

auntu
March 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
gadha lipu chagol ....

eto rag lagtase.....

Eshen
March 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
He's right. They should have sent the notice before he retired. But they sent the notice after 6/7 of his retirement, which is not valid. So now, they cannot do anything.
From what Lipu said, it seems BCB was planning to pay Rafique for remaining of his contract even though he retired (does not make sense to me why would they pay a retired player). Now it seems Rafique will lose that money (2 laks taka). BCB may also deny him permission to play in IPL. However, I sincerely hope BCB won't be so mean to Rafique.

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:31 PM
From what Lipu said, it seems BCB was planning to pay Rafique for remaining of his contract even though he retired (does not make sense to me why would they pay a retired player). Now it seems Rafique will lose that money (2 laks taka). BCB may also deny him permission to play in IPL.

If they do it then they will prove that they were the culprits Rafique was talking about.

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Jaijaidin boltese tara naki BCB er kar theke jani shunche..

Premier league match gulor 50% fee kete rakhbe BCB. Etai hobe tar punishment.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=58835

Miraz
March 8, 2008, 02:43 PM
I had a telephone conversation with Rafique today, he simply doesn't care about the show-cause notice.

According to Rafique, Abahani will stand beside him if BCB try to impose anything on his participation in the premier league. He simply termed the show-cause notice as an eye-wash.

He is not going to answer the notice.

FagunerAgun
March 8, 2008, 04:07 PM
Rafiq is always a victim of something..

Dhakablues
March 9, 2008, 01:16 AM
Thats the spirit. Why would Rafique respond? And he does need permission for either ICL or IPL because he retired from BCB. At this moment, he has nothing to do with BCB. For the League, the DMCC will decide any violation,,, and during the league, he has not made any comments about anyone that BCB can intervene. The match referee or umpire can only impose a fine,, but there was no game involved during his Hatey Hari Bhanga. Well done Rafique,, people will know him as he was.. the one who never cared about anyone..he just played the game of Lipu with his amrball.. Lipu couldnt even get it where it came from and where it went, clean bowled by Rafique..