PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough!!

sayem
March 6, 2008, 05:43 PM
I hope people start to realise that BD are not simply good enough at test level...excuses after excuses, being a global laughing stock ..I know that few ppl will see this as "controversial" but truth needs to be acknowledged and when playings tests are nor working out for BD, we need to look at other ways...now BD had all the time they needed and these defeats are not doing any good to them, but quite the contaray. People assume that more test you play, the better test team you become,,,NO ..it doesn't work like that !! In BD case, every test tour is demoralising players..Already idiots have started to question Siddon's ability!! Its so easy for them..Its about time ICC postpones BD test status for good ..and let BD play against A teams...True fans would want BD to win matches against other teams...not sink, Those of you still believe BD should continue to play tests, then you are contributing to BD's cricket Debacle..cos I tell you, they will NEVER win a test match in 10 years...the way things are going...I hope ICC postpones the test status soon..Please accept This BD DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY TESTS!!

Murad
March 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
Khaise... Gorom Party..

Cool bro coool down.

Fazal
March 6, 2008, 05:48 PM
Khaise... Gorom Party..

Cool bro coool down.

http://www.faa.gov/education_research/education/student_resources/kids_corner/ages_5_9/make_a_fan/images/fan.gif

irteja
March 6, 2008, 05:48 PM
Khaise...

sayem
March 6, 2008, 05:52 PM
I am absolutly cool...BD are a great 20-20 side/ Oneday team too...Test is Just too different..LOOOONG way to go for BD..we have to support BD properly

akabir77
March 6, 2008, 05:53 PM
faltu kotha ki r bolbo. please delete this thread mods...

Its like the show cause for rafiq arrived after 7 days?

BTW where were after 1st test? watching India-Australia?

sayem
March 6, 2008, 06:02 PM

BTW where were after 1st test? watching India-Australia? Brother, we just praise praise and praise...but there comes a time you need wake up to reality from wonderland....and draw some real attention...you need to be open about serious issues.....look at the records...There are good players..NOT great players. They have talent but mental attitude is non-existant. 19-20 year old players have allways played for BD and the way its going it will perpetuate...be open mate

Foozy
March 6, 2008, 06:09 PM
hmm... honestly, it just feels like you are not a true follower of BD cricket. It just sounds like you have some paki or indian friends at school/work who probably got at you, and now you are just frustrated. Either that or you dont even care about seeing BD in the international arena and would rather watch india and paki matches. I dont know which it is, but I only say those kinda things rite after a match, to get my frustration off.
hmm... maybe you just watched a match on the net.... maybe you missed it live for whatever reason.
But if you are really saying it coolly, then I would request you to just not watch the test matches!:)
...coz many of us here have been waiting for quite some time to see BD get better, and YES we have seen tons and tons of improvement in test matches.
It may be slow, but it definitely is there!
There were those days when only a few players were there who "could" make a big score. and by "big" we used to talk about 50s those days. Nowadays we BD fans atleast have the courage to think of double hundreds even :). There are atleast a couple of players that every person can depend on. There are quite a few bowlers that we can depend on when we seek a breakthrough.
Yes we are getting there, and we will get there! Sorry to dissappoint you bro! :)

MarufH
March 6, 2008, 06:13 PM

BTW where were after 1st test? watching India-Australia?

Spot on.

RazabQ
March 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
As myself:
Just introduce yourself as a Lankan or Indian or Pakistani if you are so embarrassed about the team. Others have aptly mentioned that while slow, improvements have been happening in the Test arena as well. If that pace is not worth bearing for you then you _could_ simply not watch :)

kaisermatin
March 6, 2008, 06:29 PM
BD is good enough at test level...look at England suffering at the hands of NZ. SA is one of the best teams in the world. We should have taken advantages of the home ground though. "They will NEVER win a test match in 10 years..."? - Bod dowa!:flag: You are not a true BD cricket fan. You are hurt our feelings!

sayem
March 6, 2008, 06:34 PM
BD is good enough at test level...look at England suffering at the hands of NZ. SA is one of the best teams in the world. We should have taken advantages of the home ground though. "They will NEVER win a test match in 10 years..."? - Bod dowa!:flag: You are not a true BD cricket fan. You are hurt our feelings!
Your right..but teams like England knows how to bounce back...As for BD ..I am still waiting for thet day...

Murad
March 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
Your right..but teams like England knows how to bounce back...As for BD ..I am still waiting for thet day...

Bro, If you are waiting for that day then you wouldn't open this thread. Simple!

sayem
March 6, 2008, 06:43 PM
hmm... honestly, it just feels like you are not a true follower of BD cricket. It just sounds like you have some paki or indian friends at school/work who probably got at you, and now you are just frustrated. Either that or you dont even care about seeing BD in the international arena and would rather watch india and paki matches. I dont know which it is, but I only say those kinda things rite after a match, to get my frustration off.
hmm... maybe you just watched a match on the net.... maybe you missed it live for whatever reason.
But if you are really saying it coolly, then I would request you to just not watch the test matches!:)
...coz many of us here have been waiting for quite some time to see BD get better, and YES we have seen tons and tons of improvement in test matches.
It may be slow, but it definitely is there!
There were those days when only a few players were there who "could" make a big score. and by "big" we used to talk about 50s those days. Nowadays we BD fans atleast have the courage to think of double hundreds even :). There are atleast a couple of players that every person can depend on. There are quite a few bowlers that we can depend on when we seek a breakthrough.
Yes we are getting there, and we will get there! Sorry to dissappoint you bro! :) We all need to be a bit educated,,Why don't you accept the fact that Test is so different to shorter version?? After watching these two tests...it was pethetic...so was all the other series!! they are NOT improving...you have no test class batsman yet you want to play test?? you havn't beaten anybody accept depleted Zims, yet you want to play test? no 4 day leauge in your country yet you want to play test? Almost all the Bangladeshi's I know including my self profoundly believe that BD' should stop playing test because there isn't any winning pattern in tests for them. They got the test status by mistake and today we can see whats happning.

sayem
March 6, 2008, 06:46 PM
Bro, If you are waiting for that day then you wouldn't open this thread. Simple!Excuse me, I am reflecting my opinion and answering your question...people cannot remain silent!

Foozy
March 6, 2008, 06:57 PM
We all need to be a bit educated,,Why don't you accept the fact that Test is so different to shorter version?? After watching these two tests...it was pethetic...so was all the other series!! they are NOT improving...you have no test class batsman yet you want to play test?? you havn't beaten anybody accept depleted Zims, yet you want to play test? no 4 day leauge in your country yet you want to play test? Almost all the Bangladeshi's I know including my self profoundly believe that BD' should stop playing test because there isn't any winning pattern in tests for them. They got the test status by mistake and today we can see whats happning.

There are no winning patters in their ODIs either. And yet the entire world now takes them to be a formidable ODI side. A while back in time we were loosing every single ODI we played. I think we even made a record there (People in the forum must know the exact numbers). There were people like you that time too saying similar things. I thank God that we didnt quit that time, and I hope we dont quit now. Quitters just cant be winners! Always remember that.
Patterns come only after you are an established side. We are still trying to get there. Even Dale Styne understands that we are just trying to grab talent where we can find it as it stands. And so far we have done that quite successfully. We are competing against world class opposition with players who are so young as you have agreed yourself.
Let the players gain experience. Let the time come when players have to strive to get in (and we are getting there....) rather than what it is now, that players are getting in after a good u-19 stint.
We never had any expectations to win a test match before it started, even a few years back. Now we do! Every match we start watching hoping that something might just happen. A couple of players might just click! Yes its true we dont have any consistency what so ever, but we are surely getting there.
Joy Bangla! And mods please delete this thread!
I am not going to write here any more. I hope you know what I am saying already. If not, then just don't watch please!
Thanks

sayem
March 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
There are no winning patters in their ODIs either. And yet the entire world now takes them to be a formidable ODI side. A while back in time we were loosing every single ODI we played. I think we even made a record there (People in the forum must know the exact numbers). There were people like you that time too saying similar things. I thank God that we didnt quit that time, and I hope we dont quit now. Quitters just cant be winners! Always remember that.
Patterns come only after you are an established side. We are still trying to get there. Even Dale Styne understands that we are just trying to grab talent where we can find it as it stands. And so far we have done that quite successfully. We are competing against world class opposition with players who are so young as you have agreed yourself.
Let the players gain experience. Let the time come when players have to strive to get in (and we are getting there....) rather than what it is now, that players are getting in after a good u-19 stint.
We never had any expectations to win a test match before it started, even a few years back. Now we do! Every match we start watching hoping that something might just happen. A couple of players might just click! Yes its true we dont have any consistency what so ever, but we are surely getting there.
Joy Bangla! And mods please delete this thread!
I am not going to write here any more. I hope you know what I am saying already. If not, then just don't watch please!
ThanksYou quit? lol for you info, BD beat India, SA, ZIM (more then 1 occasion),KENYA (More then 1 occasion),AUS, NZ in Warm up, so please dont say they dont have a oneday winning pattern..every now and then odi team does well, and also in the 20-20 world cup BD Beat WestIndies and recently NZ!! Get it through your head, I am only talking about Test!! Y not give Zim, Kenya and Ireland Test status?

shaad
March 6, 2008, 07:47 PM
cos I tell you, they will NEVER win a test match in 10 years

Would you mind putting your money where your mouth is? I'll wager $100 that Bangladesh will win at least one test match in the next ten years.

kalpurush
March 6, 2008, 08:05 PM
Would you mind putting your money where your mouth is? I'll wager $100 that Bangladesh will win at least one test match in the next ten years.
In a good day Bangladesh can beat WI, Zimbabwe and Co. in Test in any time. I would put $ 1000.00 CD with you too.:-D

Murad
March 6, 2008, 08:10 PM
In a good day Bangladesh can beat WI, Zimbabwe and Co. in Test in any time. I would put $ 1000.00 CD with you too.:-D

Jitar pore kintu amount gulo amar bank e joma dite bhulbenna...koiya dilam..:D

Omio
March 6, 2008, 08:15 PM
Enough is enough!!
Sayem is sayem!!
???????????????????

sayem
March 6, 2008, 08:18 PM
Jitar pore kintu amar amount gulo amar bank e joma dite bhulbenna...koiya dilam..:D I will definatley transfare the amount in pound stirling!

sayem
March 6, 2008, 08:19 PM
Would you mind putting your money where your mouth is? I'll wager $100 that Bangladesh will win at least one test match in the next ten years. I hope BD win and I pay you the money!

tanim3960
March 6, 2008, 09:38 PM
I hope people start to realise that BD are not simply good enough at test level...excuses after excuses, being a global laughing stock ..I know that few ppl will see this as "controversial" but truth needs to be acknowledged and when playings tests are nor working out for BD, we need to look at other ways...now BD had all the time they needed and these defeats are not doing any good to them, but quite the contaray. People assume that more test you play, the better test team you become,,,NO ..it doesn't work like that !! In BD case, every test tour is demoralising players..Already idiots have started to question Siddon's ability!! Its so easy for them..Its about time ICC postpones BD test status for good ..and let BD play against A teams...True fans would want BD to win matches against other teams...not sink, Those of you still believe BD should continue to play tests, then you are contributing to BD's cricket Debacle..cos I tell you, they will NEVER win a test match in 10 years...the way things are going...I hope ICC postpones the test status soon..Please accept This BD DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY TESTS!!

calmdown dude it took NZ 26 years to see the Test victory..........

Ajfar
March 6, 2008, 09:45 PM
bhaijan eto khepsen kenn...matha thanda koren ektuu..kii pani tani dhalum nakee

sayem
March 6, 2008, 10:01 PM
calmdown dude it took NZ 26 years to see the Test victory.......... How many tests NZ play in 26 Years? Look at the stats please:-D

al Furqaan
March 6, 2008, 10:23 PM
How many tests NZ play in 26 Years? Look at the stats please:-D

umpires robbed us of a victory at multan...and the fatullah, st lucia, and mirpur tests were pretty close (in fact we dominated the st lucia one start to finish).

while you're checking the stats, also see how many sub-22 year olds NZ had on their squads at the time. :-D:-D

also look at biased home umpiring that all test teams got barring maybe zimbabwe and sri lanka (modern era teams).

all things being equal (which obviously they aren't), bangladesh has faired at least as well as all the major test nations in their formative years. exception being pakistan who were a better team in the 1950s then they are now :-D

sayem
March 6, 2008, 10:32 PM
umpires robbed us of a victory at multan...and the fatullah, st lucia, and mirpur tests were pretty close (in fact we dominated the st lucia one start to finish).

while you're checking the stats, also see how many sub-22 year olds NZ had on their squads at the time. :-D:-D

also look at biased home umpiring that all test teams got barring maybe zimbabwe and sri lanka (modern era teams).

all things being equal (which obviously they aren't), bangladesh has faired at least as well as all the major test nations in their formative years. exception being pakistan who were a better team in the 1950s then they are now :-Dlook at the picture in general and not pick out any specific games..there have also been unfair decicions with other teams too...Fact of the matter is ...BD are not good enough! they have lost almost all the tests apart from 1 !!

RezOne
March 6, 2008, 11:06 PM
On the contrary I believe test cricket is the only thing that can save Bangladesh cricket. The test game provides our young players with the types of situations that they have not faced a lot or have never faced at the local level. It's painful to watch and see them stumble and fall but there is no other way. Playing odi's and 20-20's won't result in our players becoming better. Only by playing test can our boys become strong mentaly, learn how to deal with the different tactics, and learn how to adapt and adjust. It's going to take a whole lot of time but you look at all the other top teams like S.Africa, Sri Lanka, Australia, and India they are all good test performers. So for Bangladesh to grow and become and remain a sustainable cricketing country we must play test cricket.

al Furqaan
March 6, 2008, 11:12 PM
look at the picture in general and not pick out any specific games..there have also been unfair decicions with other teams too...Fact of the matter is ...BD are not good enough! they have lost almost all the tests apart from 1 !!

well if you fail to pick out any "specific games" 53 times, BD has yet to play a test match!

there have also been unfair decicions with other teams too

fine. no problem. but other teams also had biased home umpires making decisions in their favor which we have NEVER had.

then take into consideration the quality of fielding sides back in the day. our problem is staying at the wicket. that would largely be negated. and whilst we would still lose as many games, we would last much longer and possibly draw a lot of the matchs we lose (but don't lose by an innings).

if you want to compare apples, make sure you compare them to apples and not to assault rifles.

Mridul
March 6, 2008, 11:24 PM
calmdown dude it took NZ 26 years to see the Test victory..........

How many tests did NZ play during that time?

Mridul
March 6, 2008, 11:30 PM

all things being equal (which obviously they aren't), bangladesh has faired at least as well as all the major test nations in their formative years. exception being pakistan who were a better team in the 1950s then they are now :-D

sounds like...
nachte na janle uthan baka

the truth hurts...but Bangladesh is not good enough in test level yet...we play good once in a while...but the results are easily predictible...consistancy is the key...and we are consistantly loosing badly

al Furqaan
March 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
sounds like...

the truth hurts...but Bangladesh is not good enough in test level yet...we play good once in a while...but the results are easily predictible...consistancy is the key...and we are consistantly loosing badly

ridul bhai,

the problem lies in the head completely. its not as if we don't have the god-given ability to play. if that was case, the solution would simple, and this forum would have no reason to exist. as soon as (if) the boys learn to play with their heads instead of the deshi jodi laigga jai lottery method, we will not only be good enough for tests, but we might be too good for tests. :-D:-D

Murad
March 7, 2008, 12:17 AM
Sayem & Mridul = BD Politicians

They want the elections as soon as possible. But the general public doesn't want to have any elections at all.

And now our case is same as theirs.

Sayem & Mridul here wants our Test Status revoked but 99.999999% people doesn't.

Ahmed_B
March 7, 2008, 02:57 AM
To sayem: OK... you have given up on BD cricket's hopes. No complain about that.. you have rights to your own choices. But the vital question is... why you even bother to watch BD matches when they're playing Test Cricket? You can simply give up on that too... na?

At the same time... why even bother writing about it wasting some very valuable time of yours?? This is a free world... why indulge yourself into something you are completely not enjoying? Move on to some other sports... supporting some other country bro! :)

Faisal
March 7, 2008, 03:17 AM
take a look here: http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=139242

most of indian & paki wants take away test status from BD.
they think Ireland & kenya deserve test status but not BD.

BD-Shardul
March 7, 2008, 05:02 AM
Sayem Bhai, bhul jaygai aisa porsen. You are welcome to go and hang out with Boycott's mommy. :-D

Polash
March 7, 2008, 07:32 AM
BD are definitely good enough in terms of physical ability. The only thing that they lack is mental ability. If BD finish the day on a high, then they will do rubbish in the first session of the next day! Once they sort this out, maybe we can start actually playin 5 days. We also need to sort out the openers. They go in all guns blazin and never give the team a good start!

rainmaniac
March 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
sayem, r u sure ur a bangladeshi? i dont think anyone will want their country's test status to be taken away. its just taking some time n i dont see any problem with that.
always remember failure is the pillar of success.
if u r seeing the matches then u r not realizing that we r improving..maybe in small amounts..but we r going in the right direction..test cricket is real cricket n if we give up test cricket i dont think there is any use of being called a cricketing-nation.

sayem
March 7, 2008, 08:56 AM
sounds like...

the truth hurts...but Bangladesh is not good enough in test level yet...we play good once in a while...but the results are easily predictible...consistancy is the key...and we are consistantly loosing badlyThank you for seeing the truth and misrey of this BD team...

sayem
March 7, 2008, 09:00 AM
sayem, r u sure ur a bangladeshi? i dont think anyone will want their country's test status to be taken away. its just taking some time n i dont see any problem with that.
always remember failure is the pillar of success.
if u r seeing the matches then u r not realizing that we r improving..maybe in small amounts..but we r going in the right direction..test cricket is real cricket n if we give up test cricket i dont think there is any use of being called a cricketing-nation.Brother, Suppose you havn't learnt to swim in the deep end and your coach puts you in deep end you are drowning and no one is saving you....u will sadly die..this is whats happning to BD young "test" cricketers mental game..ICC now needs to save them asap!

sayem
March 7, 2008, 09:10 AM
take a look here: http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=139242

most of indian & paki wants take away test status from BD.
they think Ireland & kenya deserve test status but not BD. In UK most of BD ppl also want test status to be taken away...may be the opinion between British Bengali and Bangladeshi's from Bangladesh are the difference...Frankly in the west our mentality is very different to yours and we realises the facts, truth and speak up in open manner..and i also sugest that you also follow our example...Those Indians and Pakistan are absolutly right in saying what they are saying!! Realise the truth that BD are awful test team and THEY DO NOT DESRVE TEST!!

Miraz
March 7, 2008, 09:24 AM
In UK most of BD ppl also want test status to be taken away...may be the opinion between British Bengali and Bangladeshi's from Bangladesh are the difference...Frankly in the west our mentality is very different to yours and we realises the facts, truth and speak up in open manner..and i also sugest that you also follow our example...Those Indians and Pakistan are absolutly right in saying what they are saying!! Realise the truth that BD are awful test team and THEY DO NOT DESRVE TEST!!

Excuse me!! I was maintaining a distance from this stupid thread, but have to say few words here.

Do you represent UK Bangladeshi people?

What's your sample size? I have never heard any Bangladeshi here is sharing the idiotic thoughts!! and my network is quite big.

Speak for yourself, don't drag other people here who never share your brand of thoughts.

dash
March 7, 2008, 09:36 AM
We all need to be a bit educated,,Why don't you accept the fact that Test is so different to shorter version?? After watching these two tests...it was pethetic...so was all the other series!! they are NOT improving...you have no test class batsman yet you want to play test?? you havn't beaten anybody accept depleted Zims, yet you want to play test? no 4 day leauge in your country yet you want to play test? Almost all the Bangladeshi's I know including my self profoundly believe that BD' should stop playing test because there isn't any winning pattern in tests for them. They got the test status by mistake and today we can see whats happning.

speak for urself.

the worlds about benefit.
its to our benifit that we play test as the game thrives us
nd the only thing that gives us joy as a nation.
u can argue ur losing the integrity of tests but we care the damn about it.
eventually that wont be the problem coz eventually well get there
no matter how long it cares.

dash
March 7, 2008, 09:40 AM
advise for u,

dont consider ur self a bd fan coz ur not. givingsome example.

a true kopite would never stop support lpool no matter where they play. leads united or crystel palace supporters didint ran away coz they r not in the p leage.

supporting is about blind faith.
u support in the bad times nd the good times

Kabir
March 7, 2008, 09:44 AM
What's your sample size? I have never heard any Bangladeshi here is sharing the idiotic thoughts!! and my network is quite big.

What's the sample size that your BIG network represents? The way you're talking, it sounds like 90% of British Bangladeshis belong to your BIG network.

And for that matter, does anyone need to discuss their sample size to make you happy? When was the last time you saw a forum post that read "I belong to 90% of the British Bangladeshis and I know through personal interactions, questionnaires, observations, lab tests, and sophisticated screenings, none of us want Bangladesh to play Test anymore...and through some other fancy statistical measures, we want them to wait until they are 74.99723948723098374987235% better than what they are right now".

Forum is informal. Try to keep it that way.

Miraz
March 7, 2008, 09:53 AM
Good one Kabir, keep it up bro.

sayem
March 7, 2008, 09:55 AM
[quote=Kabir;640631]What's the sample size that your BIG network represents? The way you're talking, it sounds like 90% of British Bangladeshis belong to your BIG network.

And for that matter, does anyone need to discuss their sample size to make you happy? When was the last time you saw a forum post that read "I belong to 90% of the British Bangladeshis and I know through personal interactions, questionnaires, observations, lab tests, and sophisticated screenings, none of us want Bangladesh to play Test anymore...and through some other fancy statistical measures, we want them to wait until they are 74.99723948723098374987235% better than what they are right now".

Forum is informal. Try to keep it that way.[/quo

abu2abu
March 7, 2008, 09:59 AM
What's the obsession with Brit Bengalis? All bengalis are bengalis. I suspect most of those labelling themselves Brit Bangla probably weren't born in the uK anyway.

This stuff is divisive. We should avoid it....

sayem
March 7, 2008, 10:10 AM
What's the obsession with Brit Bengalis? All bengalis are bengalis. I suspect most of those labelling themselves Brit Bangla probably weren't born in the uK anyway.

This stuff is divisive. We should avoid it....Only using it to see the change of opinions....no divisions :notworthy:

irteja
March 7, 2008, 10:19 AM
i am in complete sock to read the Thread. i think the tread opener is Pakistani or non Bengali. No Bangladeshi can ask ICC to taken away our test status. i dont care what some dumb people think about my team. by saying we are not gonna win any test in next 10 years shows what kind of feelings he has for Bangladesh. Bangladesh is a test team and will be a test team for ever. God Bless Bangladesh Cricket Team.
[বাংলা]সকল শত্রুর মুখে ছাই[/বাংলা]

sayem
March 7, 2008, 10:39 AM
i am in complete sock to read the Thread. i think the tread opener is Pakistani or non Bengali. No Bangladeshi can ask ICC to taken away our test status. i dont care what some dumb people think about my team. by saying we are not gonna win any test in next 10 years shows what kind of feelings he has for Bangladesh. Bangladesh is a test team and will be a test team for ever. God Bless Bangladesh Cricket Team.
[বাংলা]সকল শত্রুর মুখে ছাই[/বাংলা] Please come out of Communism era...Ami apnar moto ek Bangali....but with a difference...i speak the truth and factsL-)

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
I don't bet still having "irsha" on Shaad. Chamey chamey $100 banai fello.

sandpiper
March 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
This guy is another wellwisher with 30/40 posts category...
You will never see THOSE wellwishers in any constructive thread of BD cricket.

Fazal
March 7, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thats why the title is "Enough is Enough".

You guys (Saad and TE both) already have enough money. No need to bet to make make more money.

Enough is Enough. Now go and count your own money that you already have. Don't be a luchha. Don't look at Sayem's money.

irteja
March 7, 2008, 10:57 AM
Please come out of Communism era...Ami apnar moto ek Bangali....but with a difference...i speak the truth and factsL-)
[বাংলা]ভাই নিজে একজন বাঙ্গালি হয়ে নিজের দেশের জাতীয় দলের উপর এমন আক্রমন করা ধ্রিষ্টতার শামিল। আপনি কোন কোন বাংলাদেশীর কথা বলছেন? আমি আমার জীবনে কোন বানলাদেশীকে দেখি নাই যে বলেছে আমরা আগামী ১০ বছর কোন টেষ্ট খেলায় জিততে পারব না। আমরা জানি আমাদের টিম হয়ত অষ্ট্রেলিয়া, সাউথ আফ্রিকা বা ভারতের মত ক্রিকেট খেলতে পারে না। তারপরও আমরা আমাদের দলের সাথে আছি। এখানে এসে ফোরাম করি ওই দেশের প্রতি সেই ভালোবাসাটাকেই সম্বল করে। খেলায় জিতলে অনন্দ করি হারলে কখনো কখনো নিরবে চোখের জল ফেলি। কিন্তু কোনদিন নিজের দেশের অমঙ্গল কামনা করি না। আপনি আশা করেন আইসিসি বাংলাদেশে কে আর টেষ্ট খেলতেই দিবে না। এরকম কথাবার্তা এত দিন যে সব বিদেশি ক্রিকেট পন্ডিত বলেছে তাদের বলাটা অনেক সহজ কিন্তু আমার নিজের নিজের দেশের ক্রিকেট নিয়ে এমন কথা বলা আমার নিজের বিবেকে বাধে। আপনার লন্ডনে বা ইংল্যান্ডে বন্ধুদের কাছে আপনি বাংলাদেশি হয়ে অপমান বোধ করলে নিজের পরিচয় জ়া ইচ্ছা দিন। কোন আপত্তি করব না। কিন্তু আল্লার দোহাই নিজের ঘৃণার বিষবাস্প আমাদের মাঝে ছাড়াবার চেষ্টা করবেন না। [/বাংলা]

akabir77
March 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
BTW to the foreign people reading this thread... Please don't think any Bangladeshi thinks this way. We don't support this. Bangladesh can improve by playing TEST. India took 20+ years so did NZ. So don't take this Morons thoughts as ours.

Beside as some one already said he is not a Bangladeshi at best an ABCD(American born Confused Deshi) or an BBCD (Brtain born Confused Deshi).

sayem
March 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
BTW to the foreign people reading this thread... Please don't think any Bangladeshi thinks this way. We don't support this. Bangladesh can improve by playing TEST. India took 20+ years so did NZ. So don't take this Morons thoughts as ours.

Beside as some one already said he is not a Bangladeshi at best an ABCD(American born Confused Deshi) or an BBCD (Brtain born Confused Deshi). I have been to BD more than 10 times and love BD and also been to 20 other countries so have seen the world too!!...hence my open opinion is too much for u ppl!

irteja
March 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
Enough is enough!!

akabir77
March 7, 2008, 11:29 AM
I have been to BD more than 10 times and love BD and also been to 20 other countries so have seen the world too!!...hence my open opinion is too much for u ppl!
wow look at me i can count with my hand how many times i have been to bangladesh and feel like with this attitude i represent bangladesh...

wow we never been outside of NOAKHALI let alone Bangladesh

Fazal
March 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
So akabir77 is a Noakhailla also?

irteja
March 7, 2008, 11:34 AM
wow we never been outside of NOAKHALI let alone Bangladesh

:floor:

Rabz
March 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
Please come out of Communism era...Ami apnar moto ek Bangali....but with a difference...i speak the truth and factsL-)

Now pick your medal.

Happy?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mike.briggs76/images/Tom%20medals.jpg

Shall we move on?

akabir77
March 7, 2008, 11:47 AM
So akabir77 is a Noakhailla also?

A typical answer would be

To KI hoisey???:floor:

BANFAN
March 7, 2008, 03:57 PM
I am absolutly cool...BD are a great 20-20 side/ Oneday team too...Test is Just too different..LOOOONG way to go for BD..we have to support BD properly

BD is ready to go the LOOOONG way too. What's the problem? Don't follow, if you are tired.

Not playing test is not an option at all, even for discussion sake.

skhondoker
March 7, 2008, 04:17 PM
Sayem Bhai, if you feel that BD will start winning tests without playing with any big teams and without losing big, then you are living in a "sopner" world. Why don't you start your sleep and don't wake up till BD starts winning in tests. In the mean time, we would stay awake with the BD cricket win or lose.

sayem
March 7, 2008, 06:00 PM
Sayem Bhai, if you feel that BD will start winning tests without playing with any big teams and without losing big, then you are living in a "sopner" world. Why don't you start your sleep and don't wake up till BD starts winning in tests. In the mean time, we would stay awake with the BD cricket win or lose.You are only saying this cos is BD..but if it was another team going through this, u will be the first one to complain about them! secondly, when you say without playing against top team how can u expect to win...let me tell u, it doesnt work like that...u win when you have a winning pattern..no matter who the opponents are...its pscycology..look at the example of the ODI team...when they started to win against kenya and zimbabwe...they then gone on to win against bigger sides,,so I disagree with u! any way..they have been playing tests for 5 years now...and got hammerd..where do u see the improvement? they are still scoring 170-180 playng on home soil!!!!! I sugest you wake up to reality...

sandpiper
March 7, 2008, 06:53 PM
Moderator ra ki ghumaitese ? :confused:

reyme
March 7, 2008, 07:05 PM
[বাংলা]ভাই নিজে একজন বাঙ্গালি হয়ে নিজের দেশের জাতীয় দলের উপর এমন আক্রমন করা ধ্রিষ্টতার শামিল। আপনি কোন কোন বাংলাদেশীর কথা বলছেন? কিন্তু আল্লার দোহাই নিজের ঘৃণার বিষবাস্প আমাদের মাঝে ছাড়াবার চেষ্টা করবেন না। [/বাংলা]

Irteja: absolutely heartfelt touching post. Well said! Could not have said any better.

reyme
March 7, 2008, 07:09 PM
sayem, i can assure you within a year our tigers will bring a pleasant surprise for you, just wait and see. we are almost there...

sayem
March 7, 2008, 07:23 PM
sayem, i can assure you within a year our tigers will bring a pleasant surprise for you, just wait and see. we are almost there...Guess what mate,sooner the better ...BD need to get toughter now..they have had i think too much time..i dont care about losing...but they need to score 350+ (Both innings) on a regular basis...ICC are just keeping quite because they are responsible for all this...This is Test match cricket..no haha hehe cricket!!

bujhee kom
March 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
you are absolutely right, BD needs to get tougher and they need to score 350+ (Both innings) on a regular basis just like you said, but about not playing good enough test cricket, you see, about 38 years ago many folks also thought that the existence of BD couldn't be realized, but then there were those shahids and mooktijoddhas (both men and women)! and then the impossible takes form and it grows. and this energy and the memories of these mooktijoddhas work thru all of us, you, me, everybody - we have cricketers who were also blessed and touched by this energy as well, so, yeah they will fight and play this game of cricket and we will someday win some test matches!
we all have to do our share for something that is so beautiful and enjoyable, sayem, you are doing it too, you can inspire us all to get somehting that is so hard fought but very very sweet.

rainmaniac
March 7, 2008, 11:48 PM
Brother, Suppose you havn't learnt to swim in the deep end and your coach puts you in deep end you are drowning and no one is saving you....u will sadly die..this is whats happning to BD young "test" cricketers mental game..ICC now needs to save them asap!

i m sure siddons is not that stupid that that he will not be saving our cricketers icc knows better...they r after all experiened...its their wish wat they want to do..
the main prob is that we were and still r out of practise...
how many times a year do we play test in the international area..and we hardly train for test cricket in the practise sessions...learn to have patience bro...
btw, i m not your brother, i m your sister,bro..

FagunerAgun
March 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
http://www.faa.gov/education_research/education/student_resources/kids_corner/ages_5_9/make_a_fan/images/fan.gif
:floor:

FagunerAgun
March 8, 2008, 12:34 AM
you are absolutely right, BD needs to get tougher and they need to score 350+ (Both innings) on a regular basis just like you said, but about not playing good enough test cricket, you see, about 38 years ago many folks also thought that the existence of BD couldn't be realized, but then there were those shahids and mooktijoddhas (both men and women)! and then the impossible takes form and it grows. and this energy and the memories of these mooktijoddhas work thru all of us, you, me, everybody - we have cricketers who were also blessed and touched by this energy as well, so, yeah they will fight and play this game of cricket and we will someday win some test matches!
we all have to do our share for something that is so beautiful and enjoyable, sayem, you are doing it too, you can inspire us all to get somehting that is so hard fought but very very sweet.

Ki BrahmanBaria Munsif Para na Moulavi Para.

bujhee kom
March 8, 2008, 01:52 AM
taut para, mamu. shultanpur-agartala, oi main gater kache!

ausbangfan
March 8, 2008, 02:40 AM
How many tests NZ play in 26 Years? Look at the stats please:-D

they played 44 matches
no teams played any matches in between 1939-1946 because of WWII

zainab
March 8, 2008, 08:11 AM
I am wondering why Sayem is lashing out at BD so harshly about their test status.
Umpteen years ago when NZ and India started playing tests and losing very badly, there was not such media mania going on. Teams just toured each other's countries, played their matches, whether win or lose. In that period, australia, England and WI dominated test cricket, there were no ODIs, all test cricket and 3 day matches.
The rest of the world was tryng to estab lish themselves in TEst cricket and it took them years and years. No one came out and said that Test status should be taken away from these nations. They survived after being the whipping boys for years, found good players, improved on their domestic structure and started drawing and winning matches. Bangladesh is a young nation and football was more popular than cricket,
and compared to years of playing cricket to other countries, BD is comparatively new.
This young team have to be given time, miracle does not happen overnight.
They have to play more test cricket against better teams even if they get whipped. If England, australia and WI thought like this 50 years ago and did not play against NZ, India, Pakistan and SRi Lanka, then we would not have seen these countries emerging as good cricketing nations.
I feel that the writer should consider the history,culture, the domestic structure and infrastructure of BD into play when writing such harsh words against this team.
All the other countries know that BD is struggling to find their feet in Test cricket, but they know that they went down this path before, so give this team a break. It is so easy to condemn and maybe it makes you feel better.
I just learnt that NZ and England played their first test match 78 years ago.

Now, enough is enough, let them stumble and fall, they will eventually find their feet and stand straight.

sayem
March 8, 2008, 08:41 AM
i m sure siddons is not that stupid that that he will not be saving our cricketers icc knows better...they r after all experiened...its their wish wat they want to do..
the main prob is that we were and still r out of practise...
how many times a year do we play test in the international area..and we hardly train for test cricket in the practise sessions...learn to have patience bro...
btw, i m not your brother, i m your sister,bro.. Ok sister, Other teams are also playing similar number of tests..but the difference is those other countries have strong domestic structure where they have strong 3-4 day leauge..with bangladesh 18-19 years old are drafted in to play against the best on a regular basis who are averegaing 20 in their non-exixtent leauge!!! They had 5 years now sister and in test they have not improved at all!!! I am sorry, please assesthe situation from a balanced perspective and not because your a Bangladesh! How ever I am happy to see a sister actively following cricket !

sayem
March 8, 2008, 08:47 AM
I am wondering why Sayem is lashing out at BD so harshly about their test status.
Umpteen years ago when NZ and India started playing tests and losing very badly, there was not such media mania going on. Teams just toured each other's countries, played their matches, whether win or lose. In that period, australia, England and WI dominated test cricket, there were no ODIs, all test cricket and 3 day matches.
The rest of the world was tryng to estab lish themselves in TEst cricket and it took them years and years. No one came out and said that Test status should be taken away from these nations. They survived after being the whipping boys for years, found good players, improved on their domestic structure and started drawing and winning matches. Bangladesh is a young nation and football was more popular than cricket,
and compared to years of playing cricket to other countries, BD is comparatively new.
This young team have to be given time, miracle does not happen overnight.
They have to play more test cricket against better teams even if they get whipped. If England, australia and WI thought like this 50 years ago and did not play against NZ, India, Pakistan and SRi Lanka, then we would not have seen these countries emerging as good cricketing nations.
I feel that the writer should consider the history,culture, the domestic structure and infrastructure of BD into play when writing such harsh words against this team.
All the other countries know that BD is struggling to find their feet in Test cricket, but they know that they went down this path before, so give this team a break. It is so easy to condemn and maybe it makes you feel better.
I just learnt that NZ and England played their first test match 78 years ago.

Now, enough is enough, let them stumble and fall, they will eventually find their feet and stand straight.I have a better Idea...Why not give Zim, Kenya, Ireland, scotland and bermuda Test status and who knows...they will be much tougher with time and eventually beat Australia..!!!I mean like you say..they need to play against strong opponents be strong in your opinion!! what way are u using your logic???

Fazal
March 8, 2008, 09:01 AM
Enough is Enough.... but is it still enough?

tonoy
March 8, 2008, 09:14 AM
I have a better Idea...Why not give Zim, Kenya, Ireland, scotland and bermuda Test status and who knows...they will be much tougher with time and eventually beat Australia..!!!I mean like you say..they need to play against strong opponents be strong in your opinion!! what way are u using your logic???

:notworthy:

zainab
March 8, 2008, 04:08 PM

The above is my logic whether you like it or not.
Now leave well alone and let the ICC decide what to do, they are running the show.
Who are you to say that BD should give up their test status?

FagunerAgun
March 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well, still we have the Test status, who gave us, it was ICC.
Now leave it with ICC, they will decide our Test status.
But I can see some Test performance improvement under JS.
In both Tests against SA, it rolled over to the 4th day without any opponent's mercy.
Even last year, we performed so badly against SL.

al Furqaan
March 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
[বাংলা]সকল শত্রুর মুখে ছাই[/বাংলা]

he's a cricketing rajakar...

Nafi
March 8, 2008, 05:33 PM
I have a better Idea...Why not give Zim, Kenya, Ireland, scotland and bermuda Test status and who knows...they will be much tougher with time and eventually beat Australia..!!!I mean like you say..they need to play against strong opponents be strong in your opinion!! what way are u using your logic???

dont even compare those teams to BD, BD is on a much higher level

irteja
March 8, 2008, 06:26 PM
Not just one or two in 10 years of time Bangladesh is not going to win 15-20 Tests INSHALLAH.

sayem
March 8, 2008, 06:46 PM
dont even compare those teams to BD, BD is on a much higher level
In recent times BD lost to Ireland, Kenya in warm up and also Zimbabwe...But it is also fair that BD should not be in with the Elite group!!

irteja
March 8, 2008, 06:50 PM
In recent times BD lost to Ireland, Kenya in warm up and also Zimbabwe...But it is also fair that BD should not be in with the Elite group!!

sayem bhi kemon asen? sorirta bhala? Apnar mote Ajke South Africar Sathe Bangladesh koto wicket ba ran ye harbo? Apnar Expert Opinion chai

sayem
March 8, 2008, 06:50 PM
Not just one or two in 10 years of time Bangladesh is not going to win 15-20 Tests INSHALLAH.I hope....but how long are you people going to have this false hope for??:lol:

sayem
March 8, 2008, 06:53 PM
sayem bhi kemon asen? sorirta bhala? Apnar mote Ajke South Africar Sathe Bangladesh koto wicket ba ran ye harbo? Apnar Expert Opinion chai
Bangladesh bat first will get 220 allout..SA wil score 221-6
South Africa bat first will get 250-8 and BD will get 180 all out

Its my Prediction

sandpiper
March 8, 2008, 06:55 PM
I will be glad if you stop visiting here and stay in your native forums.
Bangladesh bat first will get 220 allout..SA wil score 221-6
South Africa bat first will get 250-8 and BD will get 180 all out

Its my Prediction

irteja
March 8, 2008, 06:56 PM
I hope....but how long are you people going to have this false hope for??:lol:

We Live by hope , We dream big. By The Way How You know We are not gonna win any test match in 10 years. are you a Future Teller or jotishi?

Mav
March 8, 2008, 06:59 PM
Thats the naked truth, but we Bengali are often too defensive and obsessed with anything our own that we dont see the bridge, that is needed.

Axing out test status will, will, and will teach us a lesson - which may lead to fixing the infrastructure, doing more to bring the talent in front. But while we got the 747 with the first class, whether we deserve to sit there or not, time to time, we will just go and sit there with our lazy butts and not worry much.

sayem
March 8, 2008, 07:12 PM
We Live by hope , We dream big. By The Way How You know We are not gonna win any test match in 10 years. are you a Future Teller or jotishi? You need read my comments again mate!!I am not a future teller...it was my observation..as a true Muslim I dont belive in future telling and false hope.. Only see the truth, facts and speak with honesty,,,

sayem
March 8, 2008, 07:17 PM
Thats the naked truth, but we Bengali are often too defensive and obsessed with anything our own that we dont see the bridge, that is needed.

Axing out test status will, will, and will teach us a lesson - which may lead to fixing the infrastructure, doing more to bring the talent in front. But while we got the 747 with the first class, whether we deserve to sit there or not, time to time, we will just go and sit there with our lazy butts and not worry much.MAV..well done...you are spot on. bro...thats the sad problem with our Bangladeshi nature and frankly speaking no one on this site accept the truth!! I they should change the Website name and replace it with "Bangladesh-test-status-lasting-forever-despite-getting-hammered-every-match-supportfangroup".com:floor:

Murad
March 8, 2008, 07:28 PM
সায়েম, ভাই আপনার ভাড়ি কই? পাকিস্তান নাকি বাংলাদেশ। এক্টু কনফিউজ হয়ে গেছি।

sayem
March 8, 2008, 07:38 PM
সায়েম, ভাই আপনার ভাড়ি কই? পাকিস্তান নাকি বাংলাদেশ। এক্টু কনফিউজ হয়ে গেছি।Both Parents from Bangladesh..But I am British Born and raised so My Country is England! I also visit Bangladesh once a year because its very special place for me and great holiday place for me...But cricket is cricket and my views are very clear on BD'S test status..It doesn;t mean i dont like BD..I hope it clears that out.

Murad
March 8, 2008, 07:40 PM
So you are an English man. Thats why. Boycott er shathe ki relation ache??

Deikhen apni abar kokhono bole boshbenna je apnar maa o amader player er theika valo khelte pare :) (just like boycott's mom)

Miraz
March 8, 2008, 07:41 PM
[বাংলা]থামলে................................... .

ভালো লাগে [/বাংলা]

:head:

sayem
March 8, 2008, 07:54 PM
So you are an English man. Thats why. Boycott er shathe ki relation ache??

Deikhen apni abar kokhono bole boshbenna je apnar maa o amader player er theika valo khelte pare :) (just like boycott's mom)So Murad bhai, dont you think that BD players will be much tougher and diciplined if they work towards a goal towards playing test again? Dont you think this if test status is taken away it will bring more seriousness to everyone? As for now..they are just making up the numbers...please be a man and speak with courage, weight and honesty. I am happy to speak against my own brother if he has commited a crime, not support him..you ppl must learn to be this way!

Murad
March 8, 2008, 07:58 PM
bhaire if we lose it now, we will not get it again. so simple.

we will lose so many odi series as well. nobody will agree to play with us. we will play around 10-15 onedays against the other minnows and 3/4 matches against the ones ahead of us.

do u want to see that happens? i don't think so. if you do want that, then i've no more comments.

ekhon amra khelte kheltei shikhbo.. karon banglai ekta kotha ache "ekbar na parile dekho shotobar"

sayem
March 8, 2008, 08:14 PM
bhaire if we lose it now, we will not get it again. so simple.

we will lose so many odi series as well. nobody will agree to play with us. we will play around 10-15 onedays against the other minnows and 3/4 matches against the ones ahead of us.

do u want to see that happens? i don't think so. if you do want that, then i've no more comments.

ekhon amra khelte kheltei shikhbo.. karon banglai ekta kotha ache "ekbar na parile dekho shotobar"No..BD will continue to play same number of ODI..my be even more to compensate for tests...If they take away the test then it will be up to BD to get it back with Action and results..simple..please don't expect BD to be spoon fed.

Murad
March 8, 2008, 08:16 PM
No more comments from me, bro. I see a lot of love in you for Bangladesh cricket. I'm so glad to know. :)

One World
March 8, 2008, 08:23 PM
I know I know the tone of frustration - it rings every BD fans heart time to time but the truth is when BD has a series coming which has two or more tests - I know the pleasant feeling too.

So lets enjoy the time. BD still have plenty to offer. Hopefully when you grow old BD already will possess so many records and triumphs in test arena that you would like to make a joke about this thread with your grand-children.

sayem
March 8, 2008, 08:52 PM
If you wana watch the game then go to www.bollym4u.com (http://www.bollym4u.com) then select cricket from left side bar

zainab
March 8, 2008, 09:27 PM
The test match between the once great England is not going very well, also NZ is struggling. Maybe, you should watch this test match. Also, you should have seen the way SA thrashed New Zealand a few months back and they have been playing test matches for 78 years. england has been playing for over 100 years. WI has been playing longer than NZ and all these teams are being thrashed now., even australia and they used to whip the smaller boys who were struggling.
Give BD time, they have been in the arena for 7 years and all young, inexperienced players. IMO, SA thrashed NZ worse than they thrashed BD.
I think you should butt out from posting all these gloom and doom posts about BD, because this forum has diehard fans who know BD's true potential, but still has hopes that they will stand tall one day. There is nothing false about hope and this is what we must have. I Support this team 100 per cent, and I am not Bangladeshi.
All their FTP have been planned untill 2011 in Test cricket, so live with it whether you like it or not, in fact, dont visit this forum. All the fans here beat up upon the players when they perform badly, each one of us is frustrated about their performance, but we do not condemn them, they are young boys struggling to be men.

sayem
March 8, 2008, 10:05 PM
[they are young boys struggling to be men.[/quote] Well they should be competing with the boys isn't it? not Men and get hammered..I am using your arguments against u to beat you in in the debate...don't you realise that?? Use your common sense dear...:wave:

sayem
March 8, 2008, 10:09 PM
The test match between the once great England is not going very well, also NZ is struggling. Maybe, you should watch this test match. Also, you should have seen the way SA thrashed New Zealand a few months back and they have been playing test matches for 78 years. england has been playing for over 100 years. WI has been playing longer than NZ and all these teams are being thrashed now., even australia and they used to whip the smaller boys who were struggling.
Give BD time, they have been in the arena for 7 years and all young, inexperienced players. IMO, SA thrashed NZ worse than they thrashed BD.
I think you should butt out from posting all these gloom and doom posts about BD, because this forum has diehard fans who know BD's true potential, but still has hopes that they will stand tall one day. There is nothing false about hope and this is what we must have. I Support this team 100 per cent, and I am not Bangladeshi.
All their FTP have been planned untill 2011 in Test cricket, so live with it whether you like it or not, in fact, dont visit this forum. All the fans here beat up upon the players when they perform badly, each one of us is frustrated about their performance, but we do not condemn them, they are young boys struggling to be men. "they are boys struggling to be men" Zainab, dont you think they should be competing with the boys as opposed to men and get hammered? And also I am using your arguments to defeat you in this debate..Dont you realise that? where is your sense gone dear?:wave:

smashyboy
March 8, 2008, 10:49 PM
This is an extremely slow progress. I don't think BD will be able to beat many of the A teams from other nation at first class level. When that is the reality i think what the author of this thread would make sense. You have to beat A teams comprehensively first. If this trend continues for more couple more years i think ICC will intervene.

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 09:56 AM

Axing out test status will, will, and will teach us a lesson - which may lead to fixing the infrastructure, doing more to bring the talent in front. But while we got the 747 with the first class, whether we deserve to sit there or not, time to time, we will just go and sit there with our lazy butts and not worry much.

There is not a drop of truth in it. If the team is not performing to your expectation, come up with solution;

Tell me something (our own)which we are defensive & obsessed with & others are not.

You people definitely have no prior connection with cricket, to know where we were and where we are today. so you straight way start drawing parallels with other nations who are playing for centuries. There is no policy of ICC as well to axe someone's test status for peformance and it has never been talked for any other team, even if they were also strugling for long time. Some people (Foreign Nationals) suggesting only, for different reasons to suit their interests not ours.

Now I find some truthful prophets amongst our own, who are falling from the sky with axe on our own people. I know some Banglais are jealous of other bangalis prospering; you people are example of those.

We all get annoyed with our players for making mistakes and it is true that we might need a long time to come to the level of other nations, playing test; so what? We will take that time, what's your problem that you are shouting like this to axe the test status !!

I have doubt about the nationalities of the people who shout in favour of axing test status of BD. Some day you will shout for axing the nation, because we are even far more behind in other areas from most of the countries. Something like Modern 'Razakarism'

zainab
March 9, 2008, 05:08 PM
There is not a drop of truth in it. If the team is not performing to your expectation, come up with solution;

Tell me something (our own)which we are defensive & obsessed with & others are not.

You people definitely have no prior connection with cricket, to know where we were and where we are today. so you straight way start drawing parallels with other nations who are playing for centuries. There is no policy of ICC as well to axe someone's test status for peformance and it has never been talked for any other team, even if they were also strugling for long time. Some people (Foreign Nationals) suggesting only, for different reasons to suit their interests not ours.

Now I find some truthful prophets amongst our own, who are falling from the sky with axe on our own people. I know some Banglais are jealous of other bangalis prospering; you people are example of those.

We all get annoyed with our players for making mistakes and it is true that we might need a long time to come to the level of other nations, playing test; so what? We will take that time, what's your problem that you are shouting like this to axe the test status !!

I have doubt about the nationalities of the people who shout in favour of axing test status of BD. Some day you will shout for axing the nation, because we are even far more behind in other areas from most of the countries. Something like Modern 'Razakarism'

Well said brother!

i am a great supporter of BD cricket, these young cricketers are trying their best, but they seem to fail more than succeed, but yet they have the guts to carry on even after getting beaten so many times, this is what I admire about them, and I never condemn their failures. We all hope for unexpected success and then we are happy for one single success.
Some people just see the glass half empty instead of half full.
England just got thumped by NZ, bowled out for 110 runs in about 3 hrs in Test cricket, also by a team whom they played test cricket with 78 yrs ago and who they beat convincingly. England has been playing cricket for over 100 years.
Bangladesh is a new nation and football was more popular than cricket, BD had to struggle to create a cricketing infrastucture.
Many Bangladeshis living outside Bangladesh seem not to be aware of this, but they are quick to have their say and condemn at every possible occasion.
We fans get very frustrated with the team, but then it is all part of their growing pains. either we live with it, or stop following BD cricket and stop saying that Test status should be taken away.When India, NZ,Pakistan and SL struggled for years to establish themselves as cricketing nations, no one condemned them, especially their own by saying that their test status should be taken away.
Leave this to the ICC who knows exactly what is happening in BD. Their FTP is done until 2011, so give this team a break.
If forum members here hate this team so much, they should not follow this team, just forget about them.

smashyboy
March 9, 2008, 06:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/sports_talk/1530368.stm

This discussion came in 2001..

zainab
March 9, 2008, 07:20 PM
and till now, we are having the same discussion, and will contunue to have the same discussion after each test match played by BD.

BANFAN
March 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
This is an extremely slow progress. I don't think BD will be able to beat many of the A teams from other nation at first class level. When that is the reality i think what the author of this thread would make sense. You have to beat A teams comprehensively first. If this trend continues for more couple more years i think ICC will intervene.

This is slow but not extremely slow. Compare NZ, SL and Zim when they became competitive. It takes time to be equally competitive in test cricket. More over they didnt have much of one dayers to distract them. They were only focussing on test. We are also focussing on one day, 20/20 and then test. We should naturally take more time than other.

If ICC intervenes; that’s good for us. ICC is not our enemy. Our failure is also ICC's failure. So if they intervene I'm sure it will be positive intervention, which will help us to improve faster.

zainab
March 10, 2008, 04:44 PM
I dont think ICC has any plans to intervene here, maybe arrange more matches for BD.