PDA

View Full Version : Format changed: BD gets 07 matches in next T20

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 11:15 AM
icc has adopted a peculiar format for the next t20 world cup in which all the quarter-finalists of the south africa tournament will have to play 07 matches in the preliminary round.

source:
http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=43753&cid=5

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
Fixtures of BD matches:
1. Australia - June 01, 2009
2. Sri Lanka - June 04, 2009
3. India - June 06, 2009
4. Zimbabwe - June 08, 2009
5. New Zealand - June 11, 2009
6. Sri Lanka - June 14, 2009
7. Pakistan - June 15, 2009

two matches against sri lanka!!!
gavaskar might've got something to do with the format.

cricman
March 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
wtf? this doesn't make sense, Zimbabwe and Windies play 4 matches ... we play 7. We could beat Zimbabwe and lose the other 6 and not make the quarterfinals right?

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 11:25 AM
such awkard ideas can only be the brainchild of gavaskar... he's the one who reduced the gap between 1-day cricket and circus considerably when at helm.

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 11:32 AM
wtf? this doesn't make sense, Zimbabwe and Windies play 4 matches ... we play 7. We could beat Zimbabwe and lose the other 6 and not make the quarterfinals right?

that's the idea! they don't want bd in the quarterfinals! they want more & more revenue and bd is the one who caused huge losses to icc in recent times:

1st by kicking out india from wc
then by throwing w.indies out of t20 wc

Omio
March 8, 2008, 11:33 AM
woow cool, 7 match..
I m ready to watch all the action from the ground.

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 11:33 AM
grouping of t20wc:
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=200>Group A </TD><TD width=200>Group B </TD><TD width=200>Group C </TD><TD width=200>Group D </TD></TR><TR><TD width=200>India (1) </TD><TD width=200>Pakistan (2) </TD><TD width=200>Australia (3) </TD><TD width=200>New Zealand (4) </TD></TR><TR><TD width=200>Bangladesh (8) </TD><TD width=200>England (7) </TD><TD width=200>Sri Lanka (6) </TD><TD width=200>South Africa (5) </TD></TR><TR><TD width=200>Zimbabwe (9)</TD><TD width=200>Associate 1 (10) </TD><TD width=200>West Indies (11) </TD><TD width=200>Associate 2 (12) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 11:40 AM
bd - the dream team for betting houses!
bangladesh will be the main attraction for betting houses of uk! bd has already downed more reputed names in this format and the amount of uncertainty involving us (in terms of result) will attract lots of interest among the betting houses!

cricman
March 8, 2008, 11:46 AM
We'll Whack the Aussies, but get mauled by the Lankans, every other game is a toss up, if we win the toss ;)

Ishtylish cricketer
March 8, 2008, 12:02 PM
Folks, it's 20/20, take it the positive way. This gives us chance to do some real damage. We will be ok.

sandpiper
March 8, 2008, 12:06 PM
I cant still got the format :umm:

dash
March 8, 2008, 12:24 PM
there must be some logic.
can some one explain the criteria nd the basis of the logic

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 12:32 PM
What the hell is? this why do we have to play Sri Lanka twice? this exactly why the Cricket World Cup sucks with all the confusing group qualification and every team playing every team...finally ICC comes up with a good tournament:ICC World Twenty20 and now even that is being spoilt by the bloody money hungry Indians.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
oh thank god now I get it first 2 matches are practice, next two are group games then super 8s...I was scared for a moment

al Furqaan
March 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
BCB should seriously think to pull a zimbabwe and suspend our T20 status. who cares if we even win the T20 world cup? we'd still be a crappy cricket team.

concentrate on improving our test batting (the bowling is on par already). and work on climbing the ODI ladder into the top 5.

the sooner we forget about T20 garbage cricket, the better.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
There is no format change...so dont worry people Jisaan bhai amare toh apni doray dilen

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 12:40 PM
woow cool, 7 match..
I m ready to watch all the action from the ground.
I'm not going to watch all the matches..my picks are Ban V Ind, Ban V Pak and if Bangladesh get through to the semis and the final..I'll definetely watch them.

Rabz
March 8, 2008, 01:04 PM
That is in 2009? isnt it?
long time....

Murad
March 8, 2008, 01:11 PM
So that means we are already in the Quarter Final.. thats nice.

Jisaan bhai shob awla jawla kore diyesilo.. mone hoi bhaijan aajke o coffee khaini:-p ki bhai vabhi barit nai naki??:D

Thanks Bdchamp20

auntu
March 8, 2008, 01:13 PM
so it's BD in IND & ZIM group?

repeat d WC'07 ground them as they r flying now.

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
There is no format change...so dont worry people Jisaan bhai amare toh apni doray dilen

the FORMAT HAS BEEN CHANGED in order to generate more revenue!
if we can trust bdnews24 then the aforementioned statement is correct!

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 01:22 PM
So that means we are already in the Quarter Final.. thats nice.

Jisaan bhai shob awla jawla kore diyesilo.. mone hoi bhaijan aajke o coffee khaini:-p ki bhai vabhi barit nai naki??:D

Thanks Bdchamp20

ajke naari dibosh! apner bhabire chhuti dia disi!

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
BCB should seriously think to pull a zimbabwe and suspend our T20 status. who cares if we even win the T20 world cup? we'd still be a crappy cricket team.

concentrate on improving our test batting (the bowling is on par already). and work on climbing the ODI ladder into the top 5.

the sooner we forget about T20 garbage cricket, the better.

once upon a time, odi used to be termed with same attitude. and as far as bd is concerned, we must take it seriously since that increases our opportunity to register more wins over established nations!
we want win! more and more and more!

look at india. t20 win has changed the whole outfit. theri confidence level is sky-high! so much so, they can whitewash the invincible ozs in the final of cb series.

for that wc win, i do believe the status won't be any different should we win odis or t20!

once we win who'd care about the format?

Murad
March 8, 2008, 01:38 PM

Jisaan bhai, I just read the news in bd24.

According to them:

June 1st - Against Australia - Warm Up Match
June 4th - Against Srilanka - Warm Up Match.

June 6th - Against India - 1st Group match.
June 8th - Against Zimb - 2nd Groupd match.

And thats all the matches we got. IF we can beat Zimb then we will be in Quarter Final. Same format as before.

[বাংলা]ঢাকা, ৮ মার্চ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- প্রথম আসরে এক ম্যাচ জিতেই সুপার এইটের টিকেট পেয়ে গিয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ। ইংল্যান্ডে অনুষ্ঠেয় টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের পরবর্তী আসরেও তেমন সুযোগই থাকছে। কারণ বর্তমান চ্যাম্পিয়ন ভারতের সঙ্গে 'এ' গ্র"পের তৃতীয় দল জিম্বাবুয়ে। আগামী বছরের ৬ জুন বাংলাদেশের প্রথম গ্র"প ম্যাচ ভারতের সঙ্গে। এছাড়া টুর্নামেন্ট শুরুর আগে দুটো ওয়ার্ম আপ ম্যাচ খেলবে বাংলাদেশ। ১ জুন তাদের প্রথম ওয়ার্ম আপ ম্যাচ অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সঙ্গে। আর ৪ জুন মুখোমুখি হবে শ্রীলঙ্কার।

টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের দ্বিতীয় আসরের উদ্বোধন হবে ৫ জুন। উদ্বোধনী দিনে স্বাগতিক ইংল্যান্ড মুখোমুখি হবে আইসিসির সহযোগী সদস্য দেশ-১ এর। পরদিনই মাঠে নামছে বাংলাদেশ। এবং গত বছর ওয়েষ্ট ইন্ডিজে ওয়ানডে বিশ্বকাপের মতো এখানেও তাদের প্রথম ম্যাচের প্রতিপক্ষ ভারত। একদিন বাদে ৮ জুন জিম্বাবুয়ের মুখোমুখি হবে টাইগাররা।

গত বছর সেপ্টেম্বরে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় অনুষ্ঠিত প্রথম টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশের গ্র"পে ছিল ওয়েষ্ট ইন্ডিজ ও স্বাগতিকরা। উদ্বোধনী ম্যাচে ক্যারিবীয়রা দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার কাছে হেরে মুখোমুখি হয় টাইগারদের। সেই ম্যাচ জিতেই সুপার এইটে পৌঁছে যায় মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের দল। এরপর শেষ গ্র"প ম্যাচে স্বাগতিকদের কাছে হারেও কিছু এসে যায়নি।[/বাংলা]

sandpiper
March 8, 2008, 01:41 PM
I am more confused now :umm:

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 01:44 PM
But thats the only reasonable explanation I could find...what, so do we have to play an extra round before playing our group games? Dont u remember we played two practice matches with Scotland and Kenya b4 the tournament..now we are playing the Aussies and the Lankans as practice then the official tournament starts where we play India and Zim in Group A and as we are seeded eight we are expected to qualify ahead of Zim so like before the Super 8 groups are already decided..even if we beat both India and Zim, Bangladesh will be in the same group for Super 8s...unless we lose both games then Zimbabwe will replace Bangladesh in the Super 8s...I hope I could make u understand.

Eshen
March 8, 2008, 01:49 PM
[বাংলা]প্রথম আসরে এক ম্যাচ জিতেই সুপার এইটের টিকেট পেয়ে গিয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ। ইংল্যান্ডে অনুষ্ঠেয় টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের পরবর্তী আসরেও তেমন সুযোগই থাকছে। কারণ বর্তমান চ্যাম্পিয়ন ভারতের সঙ্গে 'এ' গ্র"পের তৃতীয় দল জিম্বাবুয়ে। আগামী বছরের ৬ জুন বাংলাদেশের প্রথম গ্র"প ম্যাচ ভারতের সঙ্গে। [/বাংলা]
Misleading lines from bdnews24, making the super eight this time should be easier than last time - all we have to do is to beat Zimbabwe (last time we had to beat West Indies).

jisaan
March 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
bdnews24 has removed the news!!!!!!

o Allah! they have removed the news! UNBELIEVABLE!
most probably they thought it was April 01.....

dash
March 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Misleading lines from bdnews24, making the super eight this time should be easier than last time - all we have to do is to beat Zimbabwe (last time we had to beat West Indies).

that means we got the easiest grp ever possible
we should be the fav going though

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:02 PM

Yeah thats true.

Thats why they now wrote "SHONGSHODONIO"

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 02:18 PM
Didnt Zimbabwe beat Australia in the World T20? And arent they getting better..they beat West Indies, South Africa and gave Pakistan a fight? I'm worried now!

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 02:19 PM

now do u believe us jisaan bhai

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:20 PM
Didnt Zimbabwe beat Australia in the World T20? And arent they getting better..they beat West Indies, South Africa and gave Pakistan a fight? I'm worried now!

Nope.
They only beat Australia but couldn't get into super 8.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 02:21 PM
I think its great we are playing Sri Lanka and Australia as warm-up...that will be good practice, but I hope the Bangladesh matches are in either Lords or Oval..I dont wanna travel to Birmingham to watch them play

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
I think its great we are playing Sri Lanka and Australia as warm-up...that will be good practice, but I hope the Bangladesh matches are in either Lords or Oval..I dont wanna travel to Birmingham to watch them play

Its depends on where the majority Indian people live.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
Nope.
They only beat Australia but couldn't get into super 8.
Yeah, I know but they beat WI and SA in ODIs

Murad
March 8, 2008, 02:32 PM

When was that?

Last time I saw that they gave hard time to the South AFricans but couldn't win any match in the series. And I didn't see them winning any games agaisnt WI.

Janina apni kon series er ktoha boltesen.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
When was that?

Last time I saw that they gave hard time to the South AFricans but couldn't win any match in the series. And I didn't see them winning any games agaisnt WI.

Janina apni kon series er ktoha boltesen.
Before WI went to SA..they went to Zimbabwe to play 3 ODIs and there was a media blackout so no one could see the matches live...I think that explains why u dont know about it

Eshen
March 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
I remember Zim had beaten WI in a home match few months back, but when did they beat SA ?

Luck matters a lot in twenty20, so yeah, we may not win even against Zim, but our chance of winning a match against them should be always higher than chance of winning a match against any other full member team.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 02:39 PM
I remember Zim had beaten WI in a home match few months back, but when did they beat SA ?

Luck matters a lot in twenty20, so yeah, we may not win even against Zim, but our chance of winning a match against them should be always higher than chance of winning a match against any other full member team.
I think Zim beating SA was a long time ago so that doesnt count...and yeah I agree with u, that loss to Ireland is making me think this way

amit1
March 8, 2008, 11:23 PM
zimbabwe didnt beat sa. they made almost 300 in 1 of the matches(295 to be exact)

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 10:08 AM

Zim didn't beat SA in recent times. SA is supporting the Zim to improve. Zim is taking part in one of SA domestic tournament (Pobably named 'Super Cup') running currently. They haven't won any match against the local teams yet, in that tournament.

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 10:29 AM
But thats the only reasonable explanation I could find...what, so do we have to play an extra round before playing our group games? Dont u remember we played two practice matches with Scotland and Kenya b4 the tournament..now we are playing the Aussies and the Lankans as practice then the official tournament starts where we play India and Zim in Group A and as we are seeded eight we are expected to qualify ahead of Zim so like before the Super 8 groups are already decided..even if we beat both India and Zim, Bangladesh will be in the same group for Super 8s...unless we lose both games then Zimbabwe will replace Bangladesh in the Super 8s...I hope I could make u understand.

Thanks man. I was so confused with the initial posts. That makes real sense. ICC anticipates probable teams in super 8 according to ranking and makes fixure, u are first or second in group doesn't matter. Do you remember in last world cup? Where ever BD was playing in super 8, every where it was India written and all tickets were bought by indians.

Thanks bdchamp20

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 10:34 AM
Its depends on where the majority Indian people live.
Yeah...I know, there is a healthy population of Indians everywhere in the UK..thats why I am worried if they decide to put Group A in somewhere like Birmingham or Southampton...it will be hard and expensive for me and my friends along with thousands of other cricket loving Bangladeshis to watch the BD-India match...which I am desperate to watch along with BD-Pak match. Coz if its not in London then the stadium will be dominated by Indian supporters but that wont happen if its in London.

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks man. I was so confused with the initial posts. That makes real sense. ICC anticipates probable teams in super 8 according to ranking and makes fixure, u are first or second in group doesn't matter. Do you remember in last world cup? Where ever BD was playing in super 8, every where it was India written and all tickets were bought by indians.

Thanks bdchamp20
Yup...thats exactly why they prepared the groups beforehand so the fans know exactly who and where their teams are playing and so that they can buy the tickets confidently..Its a good move by ICC

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 10:40 AM
I think there is more chance of BD playing in London coz three of the four groups will play in Oval and Lords while one group will play in either Trent Bridge or The Rose Bowl. I dont really mind where we play as long as its in London, both Oval and Lord's are the same distance from my house.