PDA

View Full Version : Siddons: Dhiman is future STAR of BD cricket!

Murad
March 8, 2008, 03:25 PM
Ok guys. Its happening again.

Siddons has called Dhiman as future Star of BD cricket.

Siddons: "He's a fine wicket keeper. Batting is also very good and he is BD's future star."

Just few days before he said, Mushy is the Golden Boy of BD cricket and he's the best wicket keeper BD got, which was wrong.

But this time he's correct. I think BD selectors messed up his mind before. And now he's coming into sense. :) But he should talk less and work hard with the boys.

Its not good to label any players.

JaiJaiDin (http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=58839)

DJ Sahastra
March 8, 2008, 03:27 PM
Sabotage-101

Kill a player by declaring him a future star :D

sadi
March 8, 2008, 03:31 PM
No, he is a superstar!!!

Eshen
March 8, 2008, 03:31 PM
So, we are now opening threads based on Jaijaidin news ?

Shaan
March 8, 2008, 03:34 PM
I guess it is more about giving a player sheer encouragement than saying he is very ordinary player, can't play long for BD which will be the worst for rising players. So, Siddons is doing a mind game for players and doing his job in his own way...

Murad
March 8, 2008, 03:43 PM
So, we are now opening threads based on Jaijaidin news ?

aar koita thread open hoyese bolte paren?

zainab
March 8, 2008, 04:09 PM
Not again!!!!

Fazal
March 8, 2008, 04:11 PM
The reporter skipped a word. He meant "shooting star"

FagunerAgun
March 8, 2008, 04:21 PM
No, he is a superstar!!!
No, he is a mega star like Ujjal.
This type of comment by a coach is a real spoiler for a seemingly rising sun. He should have given DG some time to perform well before he makes this type of comment.
Who knows, if DG is gone, then JS will make the same comment on the current WK of u19. :confused:

Miraz
March 8, 2008, 04:25 PM
Siddons, please stop talking, enough already.

A single performance is better than thousand words.

Guide your boys to glory, I mean to the international glory, not the glory of words.

bdchamp20
March 8, 2008, 04:28 PM
Ok guys. Its happening again.

Siddons has called Dhiman as future Star of BD cricket.

Siddons: "He's a fine wicket keeper. Batting is also very good and he is BD's future star."

Just few days before he said, Mushy is the Golden Boy of BD cricket and he's the best wicket keeper BD got, which was wrong.

But this time he's correct. I think BD selectors messed up his mind before. And now he's coming into sense. :) But he should talk less and work hard with the boys.

Its not good to label any players.

JaiJaiDin (http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=58839)
I dont wanna say anything until I myself see him keep-wicket and bat

sandpiper
March 8, 2008, 04:30 PM
JaiJaiDin er khobor bhua.

Gowza
March 8, 2008, 04:36 PM
haha, i said i was interested in what siddons had to say about dhiman. tbh i thought he'd keep his mouth shut but i'm hoping this opens his eye's to the cricket talent in bangladesh. agree with others in here though, way too early to say something like this, he did it with mushy and it didn't work and he's gone and done it again. hopefully the result will be different this time and things will turnout.

Fazal
March 8, 2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.filmcatcher.com/uploads/img/product/Lost_in_Translation_.jpg

Rifat
March 8, 2008, 07:02 PM
haha, i said i was interested in what siddons had to say about dhiman. tbh i thought he'd keep his mouth shut but i'm hoping this opens his eye's to the cricket talent in bangladesh. agree with others in here though, way too early to say something like this, he did it with mushy and it didn't work and he's gone and done it again. hopefully the result will be different this time and things will turnout.

for some reason i never disagree with you :)

no comment on dhiman until i see him and Siddique rip up South Africa today inshallah

Antora
March 8, 2008, 07:13 PM
:floor::floor::lol:

Murad
March 8, 2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.filmcatcher.com/uploads/img/product/Lost_in_Translation_.jpg

Fazal bhaiyer dinkal edaning erokomi jai.. ghumate pare na.. to shara raat evabhe boshe shomoi katai ar vabhe.."kobe biya korum":-p

djnaved
March 8, 2008, 07:25 PM
siddons hoilo ekta kufa..:-P

koyekdin agea bolchilo junayed hobe bd'r ondayr shera opener... kintu onedayte juno akhono kono kichu dekhaite parlo na

tarpor bolchilo mushfique hobe bangladesh cricketer golden boy, kintu mushfique akhon golden boy theke golden unda boy hoye geche

erpor dhiman, allah mabu eiber siddonser kotha jeno lage:)

Ajfar
March 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
siddon prolly didn't say those words exactly..but u knw how the media workss..

tiger_army
March 8, 2008, 08:44 PM
Dont worry its a another fake report by jai Jai din, they know Siddons cant read bangla...So put wateva he said

sayem
March 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
Enough is enough..hehehe!

tipu_09
March 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
exactly

tiger_army
March 8, 2008, 09:11 PM
siddons hoilo ekta kufa..:-P

koyekdin agea bolchilo junayed hobe bd'r ondayr shera opener... kintu onedayte juno akhono kono kichu dekhaite parlo na

tarpor bolchilo mushfique hobe bangladesh cricketer golden boy, kintu mushfique akhon golden boy theke golden unda boy hoye geche

erpor dhiman, allah mabu eiber siddonser kotha jeno lage:)

Vai apni ekta kufa, siddons Jokhon kisu bolse apni aways comment korsen r sob gorbor kore felsen...huh:waiting:

PoorFan
March 8, 2008, 09:16 PM
If the news is true ... this skin head guy should put a cap ( cover ) on his head ( I mean mouth ). Topless Dave was talkative sometime and now this capless skin head it seems ... And I know this skin head has nothing to do with problem talking ... just making fun out of nothing.

djnaved
March 8, 2008, 09:25 PM
Vai apni ekta kufa, siddons Jokhon kisu bolse apni aways comment korsen r sob gorbor kore felsen...huh:waiting:

achha ajke ekta kufa kotha boli, dekhi jodi lage tahole amii kufa jodi na lage tahole siddons plus ar apni kufa

ready:

Dhiman will score 0-10 runs today:-|

let's see:-D

ialbd
March 8, 2008, 09:29 PM
dam* you siddons....

dhiman boss plz ignore this..... stay away from GoBo and concentrate on ur game....

tiger_army
March 8, 2008, 09:31 PM
If the news is true ... this skin head guy should put a cap ( cover ) on his head ( I mean mouth ). Topless Dave was talkative sometime and now this capless skin head it seems ... And I know this skin head has nothing to do with problem talking ... just making fun out of nothing.

well i dont think its a Sin appreciating someone who is very new in the team and ready to battle........these 14 man in ODI can be future star if they want to be....so its upto the players how much the work hard......Because they r all tallented no doubt abt tht.now if he called Mushy and Big z future star and suddenly they stopped performing is it Siddons fault.come on guys dont be silly...If your boss tells your company client tht you r very good employee and then u did mistake is tht ur Boss's fault telling you good...get over it....i think Siddon doesnt know Bengalis cant take appriciation.....yet another cultural taboo......cant believe you guise:mad:

tiger_army
March 8, 2008, 09:33 PM
achha ajke ekta kufa kotha boli, dekhi jodi lage tahole amii kufa jodi na lage tahole siddons plus ar apni kufa

ready:

Dhiman will score 0-10 runs today:-|

let's see:-D
he wil be out before 10 apni to kufa diye disen:-Dbechara....Lets play Voodoo...

MohammedC
March 8, 2008, 10:17 PM
Jamie Siddons = soccer20reverse

bujhee kom
March 8, 2008, 10:33 PM
i agree with "shaan" completely! siddons is just trying to encourage a newcomer in the national team! and dhiman is a good player! best of luck to mushy, dhiman, siddons, mortaza and the team!

zainab
March 9, 2008, 07:29 AM
Mushy is not in the national team anymore. Now, BD has to start the process all over to groom a new wicketkeeper, but Siddons should realize that they need two wicketkeepers in the national squad, and Mushy should be part of the squad and not discarded. IMO, he has not been a bad wicket keeper.

Isnaad
March 9, 2008, 07:42 AM
BD needs a WK that is strokeplayer and consistent like Adam Gilcrist or Dhoni. Only 50% of one of them will be fine. Dhiman is probably only 10% in this case. WE NEED CONSISTENT HITTERS IN OUR LOWER ORDER BATTING PLACE.

mshakir56
March 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think this guy Siddons talking more and doing less, rather then doing more and talking less. Why doesnt he let his players speak for themselves by performing !

djnaved
March 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
he wil be out before 10 apni to kufa diye disen:-Dbechara....Lets play Voodoo...

oi ami jitisi, dhiman scored more than 10 runs.. apnii ekta kufa:-D

Shobha
March 9, 2008, 12:51 PM
bloody hell who else is he gonna call the future..

BD-Shardul
March 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
Ekhon Siddons er dosh keno? Many cricket pundits in this forum said the same. Tadero dhoren ;)

auntu
March 9, 2008, 02:10 PM
faltu alap. siddons said, so what he tried to encourrage him. jaijaidin is as faltu as shafiq rehman, joker

DJ Sahastra
March 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
Didn't get to watch his keeping or batting but Sohel Bhai seemed very enhusiastic abut him.

Ho does he fare on a scale of 1-10 on :
1. Keeping
2. Batting

arafath79
March 9, 2008, 03:04 PM
Dhiman looks like another Pilot to me. Well, his keeping is better than Rahim any way.

Murad
March 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
Keeping wise I will give him 9.
Batting wise 7. He was a bit nervous and under tremendous pressure and that made him confused in some occations, which is very obvious for any debutants. Normally he likes to play strokes but he couldn't do so in this match. I'm very hopefull he will do alright in the next match.

auntu
March 9, 2008, 04:51 PM
tobe batting e sence e obhab ase. rasel jokhon non strike end e 1st ball e run nilo, rasel play n miss over sheh. porer over abar 1st ball e run abar rasel play n miss n out.

chikon brain er obhab. oke to ei tail nia khelte hobe.

djnaved
March 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
tobe batting e sence e obhab ase. rasel jokhon non strike end e 1st ball e run nilo, rasel play n miss over sheh. porer over abar 1st ball e run abar rasel play n miss n out.

chikon brain er obhab. oke to ei tail nia khelte hobe.

right, or batting practice ta aro valo korte hobe... keeping is up to the mark...

nahaz
March 9, 2008, 07:21 PM
BD needs a WK that is strokeplayer and consistent like Adam Gilcrist or Dhoni. Only 50% of one of them will be fine. Dhiman is probably only 10% in this case. WE NEED CONSISTENT HITTERS IN OUR LOWER ORDER BATTING PLACE.

Bhai apni ki khaisen? Gilchrist, Sangakarra and Dhoni are special, I think it's too much to ask to be 50% of them.

I just wanna see a Bd keeper who can take quick singles and help build big partnerships , rather than being a big hitter.Someone sensible , who's keeping is upto standard with the best. It's unfair to expect too much of our keepers as batsmen when our batsmen can't perform, especially in tests.Someone who can score 20-30 runs, and hold one end reliably when someone is batting well in the other.

view360
March 9, 2008, 08:08 PM
JS once described Mushfiqur Rahim as the future Golden Boy of bD cricket. What happened next is a big paradox. This coach is playing a very dangerous game of experiment. I do not sincerely believe that Siddons will last loger than Whatmore did.

One World
March 9, 2008, 08:23 PM
Did Siddons really say this? The way words get twisted in reporting because of high profile of this sport, fans need to be careful to recognize the color of the journalism just to be on the safer side.

Even I prefer Dhiman as he seems a less talent, more workman kind of player. Hope he will not have the excuse of natural game at any point of his career.

Ishtylish cricketer
March 9, 2008, 09:47 PM
I don't understand we can pick on a debutant. At least he didn't play stupid shots. He looked compact. Won't get bowled or lbw nearly as much Mushy. What could he do better yesterday? Hit. He tried but before he do anything others got out. I think Rakib is good find. Played straight, whatever he played he middle was in control. Sakib to me is very overrated. His batting isn't very impressive at all. As my old coach J. Gibbons used to say "lots of people can make runs but can't bat".

sadi
March 9, 2008, 10:12 PM
Rakib has the potential. So does Dhiman. He will be pretty handy down the order unlike Mushi. Mushi should bat up if he gets another chance later on but late order is perfect for Dhiman.

cricket_pagol
March 9, 2008, 11:24 PM
I think rokibul hasan is a good find, he seems more like a consolidator, rather than a quick scoring batsmen. i think he will be perfect for test.

Dhiman's batting against spin is Ok, but he did not look too comfortable against the fast bowlers.

Dhakablues
March 10, 2008, 01:05 AM
Keep in mind that the match was against SA and we were under tremendous pressure losing quick wickets. Although, most of our debutants face the same scenario but I think the players did rather well. Its too early to say anything about Dhiman,, other than he scored more than what Mushfique scored in 5 games batting at the same order. He took some good catches during the practice match,, but I think we need to wait for the series to understand how good of player he is. He could be the next star of Bangladesh as much as Rubel/Raqibul could be...its how much these players use their ability and refrain from making same mistakes and polishes theri abilities under the world class coach's guidance

Gowza
March 10, 2008, 01:57 AM
i think one of the problems in the last match was the fact that they had all 3 debutants batting one after the other in the lower order while at the same time other than tamim the top order failing.

the combination of the pressure and 3 consecutive debutants probably didn't help things (as opposed to the debutants being scattered through the order). if reza had played instead of rubel things may have been a little different not only because he's a better batsman but his experience would have helped the debutants.

anyway it's only fair to give dhiman more time, afterall rahim was given a good amount of matches to prove himself so why shouldn't dhiman?

salin
March 10, 2008, 06:18 AM
Vaiayra amar Bonayra tomar shob kothar shaysh kotha holo, jay nami nin na kayno rakib sakib akib nakib rahim fahim... agulo asholay shob aki goalayr goru.

Alien
March 10, 2008, 07:08 AM
I'd rather he acts like a coach than try his luck in fortune telling coz it didn't work last time. Any one else sick of the following phrases?

1) They are a young team
Then get some oldies then if it works for you. Doh!

2) This team has lot of talent
So why don't they play well?

3) They just need time to be good
And I need lot of patience.

4) Other test playing country doesn't play us
Other countries in the past has played proper tours (NZ, WI, Australia) and given our shocking performances in every tour why should they play us? We have ourselves to blame for bad performances rather than whinge and blame it on the world.

5) We need a decent coach
If a guy like Whatmore who is the Guus Hiddinks of Cricket doesn't work his magic on us then no one else can. Siddons failed before his plane landed in Zia Airport because he is taking on a team thats a goner in the long long run.