PDA

View Full Version : 6 year old kiwi batting in the nets

Gowza
March 8, 2008, 06:02 PM
there's always concern for very young athlete's in terms of things like pressure and parents influence and what not but this kid is pretty impressive for a 6 year old, take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-BRq-S8lAQ&feature=related

is it me or these days do we hear a lot more about young talents? i think in the last year there's been a soccer player, a tennis player, a couple of golfers and now this cricketer.

Sovik
March 8, 2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for sharing mate

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-BRq-S8lAQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-BRq-S8lAQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

looks like Brian lara in the making

karimjay.
March 8, 2008, 10:58 PM
Wow.

Nafi
March 9, 2008, 04:58 AM
to be honest Im not overly impressed, its not hard for a 7 year old to make a genuine good looking drive on a half volley.

But this kid is still impressive nonetheless, though he missed the cut shots, which is very difficult for a youngster, his leg glance at 1:37 was just brilliant.

I would like to see if he can shots on the back foot and pull.

And I would like to see how he would batted, if at least a quarter of those balls were good balls, with variation of pace, as every ball was the same pace there.

Gowza
March 9, 2008, 05:59 AM
well i think it also depends on how natural that technique is, if he's been training his technique his whole life then of course he's going to look good but if a lot of it is natural then that's definitely impressive imo. i think there is some other footage on youtube that has him facing some bowlers as opposed to a bowling machine so that might give some insight on how he plays against variation of pace and the pitch of the ball.

Sovik
March 9, 2008, 07:26 AM
i think i saw a glimpse of lara in him, its long way to go but he looked really good

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 05:44 AM
Sort of like Rhain Davis, in that he is freakishly good for his age, but what good will he be when he is professional age (above 20)...

Alien
March 11, 2008, 06:29 AM
Wonder what this 6 year old make our "young talents" look like.

Btw, is he Kiwi or Indian? The guy in the background sounds indian.

Ishtylish cricketer
March 11, 2008, 09:08 AM
Saw that before and I was impressed enough to comment on his video. His name is Rachin I think. Alien's somewhat right. He's kiwi though I think. His origin's either Indian or Srilankan. No offense, but usually Pakistani and our Bangladeshi players don't play text book cricket because they are not taught orthodox cricket till they are playing under 19. This is one of the reasons why our players struggle a lot. Lack of proper coaching. With the foot work, timing, balance and follow through...no telling how good this guy might be if he keeps this up.

irteja
March 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
wow..awesome

Sohel
March 11, 2008, 09:54 AM
WOW ! Thank you for posting this Gowza. The kid plays better through the line than most of our NCL batters.

Is Rachin the next Sachin?

Nafis_BD
March 11, 2008, 10:48 AM
Wow. This kid looks pretty impressive. Some of his shots remind me of Sachin like his back foot glance and etc. I would want to see how he plays with real bowlers bowling genuine deliveries to him!!

sadi
March 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
Impressive....

nzfan
March 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
The man has a kiwi accent, i know because i have one:), but it does have a bit of tang to it, maybe pacific islander?