PDA

View Full Version : Shattering Dream of a foolish fan.

desirocker
March 9, 2008, 02:42 AM
After watching our batting i'm so mad at myself. Why did i have to callout at my work tonight? It was so dumb of me. I am a dumbas* becasue i am stupid enough to still dream about cricket, i am stupid enought to forget about the past performecne and look forword to see our next matches and greatly hope to win. I've been obsessed with cricket and a diehard fan of Bangladesh since they won the ICC champion trophy in 1997 and still love it more than my life. In these days losing cricket matches nonstoppingly makes me think that we are completely a bad team in cricket. We are nowhere near playing decent cricket. Eevery time we lose, they give us excuses, and even us the fans, blame it to the coach, BCB or Selectors. ( I admit it, it's common in me) but What about our players, don't they have any responsibility at all? If this is how our cricket goes then we would never improve and always be a team that is ignored and made fun by Big Cricketing Nations such as australia, india.

I know there is no point of writing this because this is not gonna do any good to my country. Why i'm writing, because i care for my country like all of you readers and BC members. Guys Let's just accept this fact, and i know most of you will agree with me:
If the players were really dedicated in cricket like us all the BC members, then we wouldn't be losing maching one after another.

Tonight I have to stop my dream, and have to accept fact the we will never be a good cricket playing nation when our players aren't really dedicated.

Murad
March 9, 2008, 02:43 AM
Bhai nijer identity bhule jaowa kintu moha bhul...bujhchen??

never forget that you are minnow!

Shobha
March 9, 2008, 02:49 AM
bhaijan khela sheshie hoyni aar shuru hoye gelen. anyway, i completely understand your grief, i always miss college on a match day when i shouldnt be and end up with a pile of dissapoinment. what can you do? ghadar dolre shojjo kora jaina, abar eder chara amra ki thake pari???

Ajfar
March 9, 2008, 09:35 AM
last time i called out of work so i cud watch bangladesh play was March 17th..n we won that match against India...i knw wat u r talking abt..well nothing much we can do..just be patient..hopefully..hopefully..things will change.

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 11:06 AM
These results will surely mature the fans.
It would be a fairy tale situation if BD started beating all teams consistently, so early. Fans would forget to accept defeats and behave like indians did after WC.

Now imagine, what went through the mind of Indian supporters, when they lost to BD and was out of WC? They were one of the top teams when they lost and we are almost at the bottom of the ranking table. How we will react loosing to a 10th ranker when we are in top 5?

samjad
March 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
You called off work because you saw the practice match . And you thought if in practice match we can tie , then probably Ash and co might be able to win the match. Now! your dreams are shattered , but it was a gamble in the first place. Imagine how estatic you would be if they won!.
Win is so sweet to us because we get it once in a blue moon.

smashyboy
March 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
These results will surely mature the fans.
It would be a fairy tale situation if BD started beating all teams consistently, so early. Fans would forget to accept defeats and behave like indians did after WC.

Now imagine, what went through the mind of Indian supporters, when they lost to BD and was out of WC? They were one of the top teams when they lost and we are almost at the bottom of the ranking table. How we will react loosing to a 10th ranker when we are in top 5?

Afraid of falling from the top.. what is the best way.. stay down.. so that don't have to worry about falling down :notworthy: great solution for BD woes :lol:

smashyboy
March 9, 2008, 12:49 PM
Well i think BD playing with big boys is like dropping a kid into pacific ocean to teach swimming. Every time you can come up with some excuse. He didn't get on the right side of the bed... team selection is wrong.. bad shot selection.. every match comprises of these things. Even winning team has these elements. You cannot hope to win match because opponents have a bad day. If you take out zimbabwe and other minnows, Bangladesh has lost 90 out of 98 one dayers against top teams drawing 2. won just 6 out of 98. I genuinely admire Bangladesh fans for their eternal hope. It really is good for Bangladehs cricket having a strong fan base. But only way Bangladesh cricket can be improved is by having mini 'Test series' with A teams of other countries. They should not feel slighted by the fact that they are playing A teams. Some of the A teams can give their senior team run for their money. Find a way to organize a 5 test series (even if it is just 4 days) with one of the subcontinent A teams. That is the only way you gain test match temperament. Not directly playing Tests. It is not like Bangladesh is very good in one dayers. They suck there too. Just that it is not being so obvious.

sayem
March 9, 2008, 01:48 PM
Well i think BD playing with big boys is like dropping a kid into pacific ocean to teach swimming. Every time you can come up with some excuse. He didn't get on the right side of the bed... team selection is wrong.. bad shot selection.. every match comprises of these things. Even winning team has these elements. You cannot hope to win match because opponents have a bad day. If you take out zimbabwe and other minnows, Bangladesh has lost 90 out of 98 one dayers against top teams drawing 2. won just 6 out of 98. I genuinely admire Bangladesh fans for their eternal hope. It really is good for Bangladehs cricket having a strong fan base. But only way Bangladesh cricket can be improved is by having mini 'Test series' with A teams of other countries. They should not feel slighted by the fact that they are playing A teams. Some of the A teams can give their senior team run for their money. Find a way to organize a 5 test series (even if it is just 4 days) with one of the subcontinent A teams. That is the only way you gain test match temperament. Not directly playing Tests. It is not like Bangladesh is very good in one dayers. They suck there too. Just that it is not being so obvious. Well said smash boy...let alone tests..eben in onedaysrs batsman are strugling to occupy crease....Terrible

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
Well i think BD playing with big boys is like dropping a kid into pacific ocean to teach swimming. Every time you can come up with some excuse. He didn't get on the right side of the bed... team selection is wrong.. bad shot selection.. every match comprises of these things. Even winning team has these elements. You cannot hope to win match because opponents have a bad day. If you take out zimbabwe and other minnows, Bangladesh has lost 90 out of 98 one dayers against top teams drawing 2. won just 6 out of 98. I genuinely admire Bangladesh fans for their eternal hope. It really is good for Bangladehs cricket having a strong fan base. But only way Bangladesh cricket can be improved is by having mini 'Test series' with A teams of other countries. They should not feel slighted by the fact that they are playing A teams. Some of the A teams can give their senior team run for their money. Find a way to organize a 5 test series (even if it is just 4 days) with one of the subcontinent A teams. That is the only way you gain test match temperament. Not directly playing Tests. It is not like Bangladesh is very good in one dayers. They suck there too. Just that it is not being so obvious.

Your language says that you are not a Bangladeshi.

Well, where ever you are from doesn't matter so long you talk on facts. You have gathered some information on our national team stats to bash and suggest some solutions. But your solution is utterly foolish and half cooked. You better see the stats of our age goup teams and others (incl urs). See our recent matches with other board elevans and practice teams. They do quiet good there, it is only in the big stage where is the problem. And that's quiet natural, it has happened with every team when they came new. It is happening even today with established teams when some of their good players retire and they bring up some fresh faces. When a established team except the big star performers are not a match for BD, how do you expect the A teams can build a competition.

Thanks for your suggestions, but no thanks. BD will walk the way all the established teams have and that's the proven way. We don't need such experiments and ideas on that issue.

BD-Shardul
March 9, 2008, 03:29 PM
If the players were really dedicated in cricket like us all the BC members, then we wouldn't be losing maching one after another.

Thats true.

Look at the players from Zimbo,Kenya, and Ireland. They try to give 200% when they play. And their result shows that.

You can overcome your limitations when you try to give more than 100%. BD Tigers just don't do that. Aram-ayesh.......khamakha kosto beshi korar ki maney ase bolen

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 04:04 PM
Thats true.

Look at the players from Zimbo,Kenya, and Ireland. They try to give 200% when they play. And their result shows that.

You can overcome your limitations when you try to give more than 100%. BD Tigers just don't do that. Aram-ayesh.......khamakha kosto beshi korar ki maney ase bolen

This can be clearly seen on the field.

It is very funny to see some of these 20-21 yea old boys having tummy, what workout they do in the gym, if they can't control their tummy?

auntu
March 9, 2008, 05:06 PM

It is very funny to see some of these 20-21 yea old boys having tummy, what workout they do in the gym, if they can't control their tummy?

is it? or chok er dhoka ?

smashyboy
March 9, 2008, 05:25 PM
Your language says that you are not a Bangladeshi.

Well, where ever you are from doesn't matter so long you talk on facts. You have gathered some information on our national team stats to bash and suggest some solutions. But your solution is utterly foolish and half cooked. You better see the stats of our age goup teams and others (incl urs). See our recent matches with other board elevans and practice teams. They do quiet good there, it is only in the big stage where is the problem. And that's quiet natural, it has happened with every team when they came new. It is happening even today with established teams when some of their good players retire and they bring up some fresh faces. When a established team except the big star performers are not a match for BD, how do you expect the A teams can build a competition.

Thanks for your suggestions, but no thanks. BD will walk the way all the established teams have and that's the proven way. We don't need such experiments and ideas on that issue.

Are you sure BD is good enough against zonal teams of India? These are the only two i could pull up. East zone won by an innings. Central zone shot them out for low scores. Both zones used to be the poorest of all the zones. So i am not sure how you can say they fail only against international teams. If anything you should thrash these first class teams but even against these zonal teams Bangladesh struggles. Is there any other board match, BD played and beat them at first class leve?

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/81/81718.html
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/81/81682.html

GuruTM
March 9, 2008, 05:36 PM

This is disgraceful. This needs a seperate thread of its own. Who would do BC a favour by opening a thread, exposing their tummy with a lot of pics? Any taker? I will open a thread if someone don't show enough courage to open a thread.

Going once. Going twice.....

zahid
March 9, 2008, 05:48 PM
Lesson to everyone then :

- Never take a day off to watch BD play. The Mortgage is more important.
- Never miss School/College/Uni. Education is more important.
- Never stay awake, hoping that we'll win!

Watch Replays.

sandpiper
March 9, 2008, 09:22 PM
But smashyboy, your India has 323 One day wins across 326 losses. There are five nations in the world who have more wins than losses.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283878.html

/:)

smashyboy
March 9, 2008, 10:39 PM
But smashyboy, your India has 323 One day wins across 326 losses. There are five nations in the world who have more wins than losses.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283878.html

/:)

BD has win % of 21. I am not even sure what your statistics got anything to do with the fact that BD has won just 6 out of 98 One dayers played against current Test playing nations since they started playing one dayers which was like what.. more than 10 years? That's why it is important Bangladesh sending fullstrength BD team to 'A' tours including the likes of Ashraful, Mortaza.

SYLHETY
March 9, 2008, 11:33 PM
Really i came down with sour throat and fever next day. two hours of sleep and 12 hr work next day. that's what you call dedication. i hope our team can show half that and maybe maybe we can compete in matches inshallah :mad:

Kamnew
March 10, 2008, 12:15 AM
BD needs to call back Basher, so says cricketbuzzer vindeshi shorey!

kalpurush
March 10, 2008, 01:03 AM
Bhai nijer identity bhule jaowa kintu moha bhul...bujhchen??

never forget that you are minnow!
[বাংলা]ও! ওনিই তাহলে জনাব মিনো!!
রাজশাহীর মেওর সাহেবের হাজত বাস কি তাহলে শেষ?!!!;)[/বাংলা]