PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful and Mashrafe in second IPL auction

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
Pakistan's Misbah-ul-Haq, Australia's Shane Watson, and Mohammad Ashraful, the Bangladesh captain, are among 18 players included in the second Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in Mumbai on March 11. The list is made up of seven New Zealanders, four Australians, three Pakistanis, two Bangladeshis, one Sri Lankan and South African each but no England cricketers.

The injury-prone Watson has not played for Australia since the World Cup and he has struggled during Queensland's Pura Cup campaign. He earned a recall to the national side for the CB Series but nagging leg problems cut forced him out again. Misbah, who was not in the circle for the initial auction, is a big draw given his Twenty20 success this past season.

Mohammad Yousuf and Ashwell Prince, who failed to be picked up by any of the eight franchises at the main auction last month, will be auctioned again.

"There are 13 other foreign players who have shown keen interest to play in the first season," a top BCCI official told IANS. These include Shaun Tait, on a self-imposed indefinite break from cricket, Brad Hogg, who recently retired, West Indies' Dwayne Smith, and Yasir Hameed, the Pakistan batsman. Seven other Australians have also apparently expressed interest.

The IPL permits each franchise buy more foreign players outside the list of 18 if they inform the tournament officials about who they are interested in. The IPL organisers would then negotiate the players' base prices and try and secure No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) from the respective country boards.

This auction is expected to be relatively smaller than the first, which raked in US$42 million. The eight franchise owners still have unspent money, a factor which has necessitated a second auction. They are: $374,000 (Bangalore), $23,750 (Chennai), $71,250 (Delhi), $262,500 (Hyderabad), $1,700,000 (Jaipur), $107,500 (Kolkata), $292,250 (Mohali) and $53,750 (Mumbai).

"If a team overspends $5 million on players who were initially not available but become available later, the excess expenditure will be ignored," said the official. "Also, player fees for Indian players who were not in the auction do not count against the $5m purse. There will be no more auctions this season."

All team owners have to finalise their squads 30 days before the start of the 2008 season, which is March 19. The IPL kicks off on April 18.

Players for second auction:
Pakistan: Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq; South Africa: Ashwell Prince; New Zealand: Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton, Jamie How, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, James Franklin; Australia: Brad Hodge, Shane Watson, James Hopes, Luke Pomersbach; Sri Lanka: Prasanna Jayawardene; Bangladesh: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza.

Players who have expressed their interest:
Australia: Shaun Marsh, Brad Hogg, Shaun Tait, Adam Voges, Mick Lewis, Darren Lehmann, Allan Wise, Aiden Blizzard, Adam Crosthwaite; South Africa: Goolam Bodi; Pakistan: Yasir Hameed; West Indies: Kieran Powell, Dwayne Smith.

© Cricinfo

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 08:11 AM
Well the way these two are playing at the moment I wouldnt be surprised if no-one bought them

BANFAN
March 9, 2008, 08:22 AM
Can anyone say the lowest price for bidding?

Spitfire_x86
March 9, 2008, 09:08 AM
How can Ashraful get $75,000 for playing in Delhi team, if they only have $71,250 left?

And where's Rafique? Isn't he supposed to play in the Kolkata team? Or is it possible to buy players without auction?

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
How can Ashraful get $75,000 for playing in Delhi team, if they only have $71,250 left?

And where's Rafique? Isn't he supposed to play in the Kolkata team? Or is it possible to buy players without auction?
Ashraful wasnt bought by Delhi, he was bought by the IPL...and those reports about Ash playing for Delhi, I think are false he must be auctioned before playing for a team...but Rafique wasnt bought by IPL so he cant be auctioned and if a team wants Rafique they must sign him personally as long as there isnt multiple interest he can play for that team, but if there is multiple interest he must be auctioned too.

sadi
March 9, 2008, 09:17 AM

If two or more teams show interest toward a player, then he is usually auctioned. If only one team contacts a player, he can be signed by a franchise. Now that Ash will be auctioned, there is no gurantee Delhi will get him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 120-150 k now.

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 09:33 AM
If two or more teams show interest toward a player, then he is usually auctioned. If only one team contacts a player, he can be signed by a franchise. Now that Ash will be auctioned, there is no gurantee Delhi will get him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 120-150 k now.
How?dont u see the teams budgets?And there are much better players than him in the auction as well...I'd consider him lucky if he even gets a team...Mashrafe even more unlikely.

Ajfar
March 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
ash is the man for 20/20..n because he wn't be the captain..he'll be under less pressure..soo i can see him performing well in IPL..i dn't knw much abt mashrafee.

zainab
March 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
With Ash and Mash's out of form in cricket, I dont think that they will get the nod. They will have to remain in BD and improve their cricket, especially for the Asian games. Ash and Mash dont need more money anyways, they are earning enough at home.
I am surprised at the inclusion of Zoysa from SL. He has not played international cricket for years.Ash is much better than him.

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 10:02 AM
With Ash and Mash's out of form in cricket, I dont think that they will get the nod. They will have to remain in BD and improve their cricket, especially for the Asian games. Ash and Mash dont need more money anyways, they are earning enough at home.
I am surprised at the inclusion of Zoysa from SL. He has not played international cricket for years.Ash is much better than him.
even if they do get a team...I dont see them earning a lot

djnaved
March 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
ei duita re keu nibo na.. tader je form.....

razzak/shahdat/tamim/raseler chance pawa uchit

Roni_uk
March 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
$1 for Ashraful, 75c for Masrafee... any advance on these? No? OK they are in my team!

sadi
March 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
How?dont u see the teams budgets?And there are much better players than him in the auction as well...I'd consider him lucky if he even gets a team...Mashrafe even more unlikely.

There are some loopholes.... many team has some australian players who most likely won't play in the first IPL.... in their cases, only quarter of their salary will count toward the salary cap which is 5 mil.... so teams can go over 5 Mil if they feel some of their players won't make the whole IPL tournament....

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 02:02 PM
There are some loopholes.... many team has some australian players who most likely won't play in the first IPL.... in their cases, only quarter of their salary will count toward the salary cap which is 5 mil.... so teams can go over 5 Mil if they feel some of their players won't make the whole IPL tournament....
these are the budgets after the reductions, most teams have already gone over $5 million but due to the unavaliblity of the players they got some money back...and this is what they have left

Murad
March 9, 2008, 02:05 PM

The IPL permits each franchise to buy more foreign players outside the list of 18 if they inform the tournament officials about who they are interested in. The IPL organisers would then negotiate the players' base prices and try and secure No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) from the respective country boards.

So there is still chance for Rafique to be part of IPL for this season.

sadi
March 9, 2008, 02:12 PM
these are the budgets after the reductions, most teams have already gone over $5 million but due to the unavaliblity of the players they got some money back...and this is what they have left

No the reduction wasn't done... the money that they didn't count was the money they paid to indian palyers outside the auction list.... They can't be sure yet who is playing and who's not, so there is no way they can make the reduction right now....

From cricinfo

This auction is expected to be relatively smaller than the first, which was worth US$42 million. The eight franchise owners still have unspent money, a factor which has necessitated a second auction. The amounts are: $374,000 (Bangalore), $23,750 (Chennai), $71,250 (Delhi), $262,500 (Hyderabad), $1,700,000 (Jaipur), $107,500 (Kolkata), $292,250 (Mohali) and $53,750 (Mumbai).

"If a team exceeds $5 million [after spending] on players who were initially not available but become available later, the excess expenditure will be ignored," said the official.

So they can go over 5 mil as long as some players are not available....

auntu
March 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
Ash gettin 3 lak all mambo jambo = false?

zahid
March 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
What's this thing about?

tanim3960
March 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
Rafique is not there.

tanim3960
March 9, 2008, 10:35 PM
sorry guys. some one posted the thread right before i did.

nsd3
March 9, 2008, 11:26 PM
sorry guys. some one posted the thread right before i did.
It was actually posted about 14 hours 25 min before you did.:-D:D

zainab
March 10, 2008, 07:10 AM
I hope Rafique gets to play for a team. He needs the mney more than Ash and Mash, who are already the two highest paid cricketers in BD.

Sohel
March 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
I hope this doesn't distract Ash too much tomorrow.

BANFAN
March 10, 2008, 09:46 AM
A century and 5 wickets can give them more 100k +

Johnnybhoy
March 10, 2008, 01:57 PM
Do you think Ash will be bought at this auction?

bdchamp20
March 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
BREAKING NEWS: ABDUR RAJJAK RAJ added in the auction list

bdchamp20
March 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
this is great if I owned a team I'd definetely by Raj before Ash or Mash, btw here is the source:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/cricketNews/idUKDEL20391620080310

auntu
March 10, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ash Mash keu nibe na

Fazal
March 10, 2008, 02:44 PM
Should I start the auction?

One penny to ....

reyme
March 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
Habla-ke to keu nilo na.

reyme
March 10, 2008, 03:08 PM
I was just wondering, each team can only play 4 foreign recruits at a time. out of 8. Does it mean some dont get to play at all, they still make money?

Johnnybhoy
March 10, 2008, 03:25 PM
Ash - yes or no?

bdchamp20
March 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
Ash - yes or no?
yes but not for more than $50000

Johnnybhoy
March 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
Why was he not picked at auction 1?

Fazal
March 10, 2008, 03:35 PM
US Dollar or Zimbabwean dollar ?

bdchamp20
March 10, 2008, 03:35 PM
Why was he not picked at auction 1?
???

bdchamp20
March 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
I have a strong feeling that Ash might be heading for Jaipur

Johnnybhoy
March 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
Auction 1 on 20th Feb - 77 players picked, but not Ashraful - why not?

irteja
March 10, 2008, 03:42 PM
US Dollar or Zimbabwean dollar ?
:floor::floor:

Johnnybhoy
March 10, 2008, 03:45 PM
Jaipur have cash no doubt about that.

Imtiaz
March 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
For 20-20 matches, I would have thought the two most obvious candidates from Bangladesh would be Aftab and Rasel. Mashrafe maybe last year. But ever since he started migrating towards the square-leg umpire as the bowler is approaching, his value has somewhat diminished.

Sumon77
March 11, 2008, 02:05 AM
what happened finally? did they get anything? any news?

arifur81
March 11, 2008, 02:47 AM
Can anyone say the lowest price for bidding?

5 dollar a match plus paowroti and kola for match day lunch.:-D:lol::D

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 03:35 AM
Good stuff, ash and mash can enhance our reputation in world standing and allow bd to get better matches for the future, i hope to see them do well but this could reck them as players...

Dhakablues
March 11, 2008, 04:31 AM
As per Cricinfo,,, its rather Abdur Razzaque who was bought by Banglore.. How awsome,, our actual unsung hero is the one who was bought out and the flashy Ashy is still to be bought..

BANFAN
March 11, 2008, 04:37 AM
5 dollar a match plus paowroti and kola for match day lunch.:-D:lol::D

That's Great Man, 05 dollar is an improvement, BCCI offered the Kolla and Ruti only, no money. :-D

thasan
March 11, 2008, 04:38 AM
mash and ash will be bought? im not really sure given their recent performances..

fan_frm_the_uk
March 11, 2008, 04:58 AM
Congrats razzak for becoming the first BD player (and only?) to play in IPL

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 05:05 AM
aryte i dunt get it ....... couple of teams exceeded der international player tally of 8 they now haf 8 players ??? watz dat bout ??

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 05:16 AM
They haven't been bought as of yet !

WarWolf
March 11, 2008, 05:19 AM
Zim's Taylor is getting $100,000 whereas our Razzak is getting his half.

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 05:26 AM
bangalider boste dile shute chaye......lala ke nise ei onek nawar ee to kotha chilo na ......and datz ross taylor of newzealand btw.....

mahbubH
March 11, 2008, 05:29 AM
Zim's Taylor is getting $100,000 whereas our Razzak is getting his half.
Not Zimbabwan Taylor it is NZ's Ross Taylor.

zainab
March 11, 2008, 05:53 AM
Eventually Ashraful will be bought or contracted to play for one of the teams.

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 06:07 AM
this is great looks like Raj is now the highest paid cricketer in BD, I think he'll be one of the most successful bowlers in the IPL and next season teams will hav to pay $200000 to keep him

Spitfire_x86
March 11, 2008, 06:24 AM
If this doesn't teach Ash the value of performing consistently, then nothing else ever will.

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 06:26 AM
so is the auction still going on?

tiger_army
March 11, 2008, 06:45 AM
It will be funny if Ash Invest/Spend few laks thinking about his IPL contract....Now he is getting few anda......

cricket_pagol
March 11, 2008, 07:00 AM
It will be funny if Ash Invest/Spend few laks thinking about his IPL contract....Now he is getting few anda......\

All the other players in that group has been bought, even razzak who was not on the list was sold!!! It seems Ash and mash might miss out tis time...

arifur81
March 11, 2008, 07:33 AM
Eventually Ashraful will be bought or contracted to play for one of the teams.
Apne kivabe janlen, apnar ki IPLer shate link ase na ki naki apne Ashrafool er agent. IPL team er malik ra ki pagol je Ash ba Mash kinna poisa flaibo, ei doita fluk player in batting, lotarir moto zodi laigajai.:D:D

hoodlum
March 11, 2008, 07:52 AM
so no ash and mash in da auction...disappointing!

irteja
March 11, 2008, 08:26 AM
no one is bidding for them

fan_frm_the_uk
March 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
Ash and Mash should come back to reality now and realize the importance of performance

WarWolf
March 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
Not Zimbabwan Taylor it is NZ's Ross Taylor.
Thanks for the correction.

KnightBD
March 11, 2008, 09:34 AM
Did anybody buy Ash and Mash? I know Razzak is sold for 50k. Seems they are overestimated in our cricket. :-/

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 10:49 AM
\

All the other players in that group has been bought, even razzak who was not on the list was sold!!! It seems Ash and mash might miss out tis time...
Razzak was on the list he was included yesterday and he got a team but Ash and Mash who signed with IPL months ago still dont have a team. And they were in the auction but no one bidded for them. And the last day for the teams to submit their final squad is March 18th, if Rafique is gonna play...Kolkata or any other team have to sign him before that day.

Fazal
March 11, 2008, 10:58 AM
Truths hurts.

I hope this will give a perspective where our so called super stars stand in real market based on current form.

I doesn't surprise me that Razzak is the most marketable Bangladeshi comodity for 20-20 format based on current form.

patriot
March 11, 2008, 11:25 AM
I just can't understand on what basis they are selecting players for a T20 league.

Salman Butt as an opening batsmen is one of the most slowest and boring cricketers to watch in a T20 match and they bought him for 100K .If you add up his and Mohammed Hafeeze's strike rate they merely brush pass Ashraful's mighty 180.55.

AND , what on earth is Ashwell Prince being paid 175K for?? His highest score is 6 and forget T20 , his batting skills in a test match is bound to make a commentator yawn.

Kylie Mills gets 150K as compared to Razzak , who is currently on of the most econOmical bowlers in the game.:hairpull:

Tell you what ,this IPL is a joke. I wouldn't waste my time to watch 'genuine' T20 talent from the likes of Kylie Mills and Ashwell Prince.

If they take Ash I might change my mind.

akabir77
March 11, 2008, 11:29 AM
I just can't understand on what basis they are selecting players for a T20 league.

Salman Butt as an opening batsmen is one of the most slowest and boring cricketers to watch in a T20 match and they bought him for 100K .If you add up his and Mohammed Hafeeze's strike rate they merely brush pass Ashraful's mighty 180.55.

AND , what on earth is Ashwell Prince being paid 175K for?? His highest score is 6 and forget T20 , his batting skills in a test match is bound to make a commentator yawn.

Kylie Mills gets 150K as compared to Razzak , who is currently on of the most econOmical bowlers in the game.:hairpull:

Tell you what ,this IPL is a joke. I wouldn't waste my time to watch 'genuine' T20 talent from the likes of Kylie Mills and Ashwell Prince.

when you have movie stars as the owner this will happen... They will figure out quickly that not all that glitters are not gold...:floor:

Anyway can ash now say if you buy me you will get 50% off on Mash?

pocha
March 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
All the hoopla and hype with Ash turned out to be a flop show. Thats why ganche kathal gonfe tel maira kono lav nayi

LateCut
March 11, 2008, 12:34 PM
Can a IPL team get a player outside of the auction pool?

jisaan
March 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
mash's t20wc form wasn't good enough to be picked by any team
but ash was one of the heroes! i still wonder what went wrong!
happy though, raz got the call... i don't see lot many batsmen better than him in shorter form!

jisaan
March 11, 2008, 12:38 PM
Can a IPL team get a player outside of the auction pool?

that's how razzak got selected

sadi
March 11, 2008, 12:40 PM

Salman Butt will do fine in T20. He has always done well in indian soil and has quite a decent SR. Hafeez is a utility cricketer who can bowl some offspin in the middle overs, field well and chip in with some runs in needed. Mills is a quality pacer IMO.

The only ridiculous inclusion is Prince, I agree. He is a good fielder but his batting will not be worth the money he is getting. I guess the only reason he was picked because IPL has agree to pay more than half of his salary.

cricman
March 11, 2008, 12:48 PM
Relax people

In the event, all available players were signed on except Pakistan's Mohammed Yousuf, who had also missed out in the first round. -Cricinfo

reyme
March 11, 2008, 12:51 PM
If this doesn't teach Ash the value of performing consistently, then nothing else ever will.

I dont think Ashraful does not want to peform. Nobody gets out intentionally, unless for match fixing.

billah
March 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
Performance talks, bulls**t walks....

reyme
March 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
Apne kivabe janlen, apnar ki IPLer shate link ase na ki naki apne Ashrafool er agent. IPL team er malik ra ki pagol je Ash ba Mash kinna poisa flaibo, ei doita fluk player in batting, lotarir moto zodi laigajai.:D:D

Now this I like, this is more of a reality. Ashraful may not be zodi laigajai, he has lot of talent, but he lacks talent transforming that talent to look like he is talented...

Protic
March 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
LOL well..its T20..ofcourse MD yousouf wont get a team.. even tho the selected teams doesnt make much sense.. Anyway Razzak will be valued 200K + ..after one season ;) when he performs..and performs SUPERBLY!

MZaman
March 11, 2008, 01:19 PM
Tatenda Taibu was paid 100K, who miserably failed for our local City Club, few session back ... just an observation

Protic
March 11, 2008, 01:30 PM
He probably wont get a game.. so he's just a waste of $100k.
Incase he does gets a game..he'll fail!

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2008, 02:06 PM
Relax people

-Cricinfo

Eenteresting, berry eenteresting. Let's see how the details get worked out.

kalpurush
March 11, 2008, 02:25 PM
Even Monalisa failed...!!!;)

kalpurush
March 11, 2008, 02:27 PM
Eenteresting, berry eenteresting. Let's see how the details get worked out.
Is it gooseberry?! or, blue....?!!

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 03:07 PM
that's how razzak got selected
Rajjak was auctioned...he was a last minute inclusion in the auction pool, even he didnt know about it.

Fazal
March 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
why auctiuon those players? Are they Korbanir goru sold to the highest bidder?

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
I cant understand if Ashraful and Mashrafe have been signed, whats the problem in naming what team they are going to play for?

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
So is it confirmed that all 3(Raj, Ash and Mash) are playing?

thasan
March 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
Did anybody buy Ash and Mash? I know Razzak is sold for 50k. Seems they are overestimated in our cricket. :-/

amgo banglacricket e chanda tuilla amra kinte pari oder ;) jei performance ei dui joner..i dont think the teams will be much confidence on them :-p

tanim3960
March 11, 2008, 04:45 PM
I am happy that they did not get selected (ASH & MASH). now they will understand how important is to perform, that cricket is not a hobby any more it is about professon. be a good professional cricketer they will come to ur house and pick u up.
good luck next time.

Shobha
March 11, 2008, 05:04 PM
So is it confirmed that all 3(Raj, Ash and Mash) are playing?

so what teams are they in then???:confused::confused:

Dhakablues
March 11, 2008, 05:12 PM
Indians are not dumb that they will select Mashrafee over Razzaque,, Dont forget Razzaque was number 9,10 player in ODi last years and no other Bangaldesh bowler came close to him. Recently he has been batting really good as well. So its an "Automatic choice" to select the best perfomer from Bangladesh squad.,.. moreover, playing with likes of Kallis, Dravid, Kumble,, he will come back stronger and confident... He deserves it more than anyone else, He is probably getting the lowest pay of all but more than the pay,, the experience is what matters to him more. And thts the spirit of the game. I think next year tehre will be more Bangladeshi players like Tamim, Shahadat, etc..... but it all depends what we do in Pakistan and Asia cup. The world is watching....

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
This might be a good time to play out some of the tricks he's got up his sleeves. Hopefully he comes back with a lot more variation and a couple of "special" deliveries in his stock. He has nothing to lose through a bit of experimentation.

Johnnybhoy
March 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
The IPL is not helping world cricket. Ash seems like a no go.

zainab
March 11, 2008, 06:54 PM
Relax people

-Cricinfo

Does this mean that Ash and Mash still have a chance.

i am surprised to see so many terrible T20 batsmen signed on for so much money,
Some are even worse than Ash. e.g. Sarwan, nothing good in the world cup and the Stanford 20/20, so many more whose names I do not want to mention. In te world cup Ash and Aftab scored very well, it was due to them that BD beat the WI

bdpride04
March 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
i think tamim will get a call soon from them............... he is T20 meterial

tipu_09
March 11, 2008, 07:58 PM
ash 10 cent

al Furqaan
March 11, 2008, 08:02 PM
mashrafee is not much of a T20 bowler. and even if he was. with his recent form, i wouldn't select him if i were the GM of an IPL franchise.

same with ash. his performance of late has been horrendous. yes he got out to some good balls, but that ain't no excuse. his talent is no less than any human who has picked up a cricket bat, he has to score runs. period. and i believe he eventually will.

razzak got gyped. some no-name tasmania brett _____ gets 100K and razzak 50? you have to be effing me. anyways razzak will be amongst the top 5-10 bowlers in the league and he'll get a big pay raise come next year.

rasel also deserved an IPL call up more than mash or ash.

aftab also should have been auctioned. he was one of the top run getters in the WC. as long as the team loses matches, player achievements will be swept under the rug. its just the way it is.

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:18 AM
i am happy for abdur razzak, ash and mash

Eshen
April 3, 2008, 07:05 PM
According to The Telegraph’s sources, Shoaib’s replacement (in Kolkata team) may well be from among Andre Nel and Monde Zondeki, both South Africans, and Bangladesh’s Mashrafe Mortaza.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080404/jsp/frontpage/story_9094678.jsp

Niceman70
April 3, 2008, 07:52 PM
so was ash picked?

Tiger444
April 3, 2008, 08:20 PM
If Mashrafe was picked then that would be great. I wish Ashraful was picked too so that these players could get better practice against the best competition. If Mashrafe could play that could really benefit him.

kaisermatin
April 3, 2008, 08:51 PM
don't attack them like this. too much pressure from fans are also bad. they are trying with their heart and mind. don't put the shackles of non performance on their feet. they served us well. we had our glory days. look how the indians performed against SA. did you see anything about crowds going awry!

mshakir56
April 3, 2008, 11:29 PM
I think they will pick Andre nel over mashrafee any day, but if they want some batting power as well, they might just go for Mash. you never know.

cricman
April 3, 2008, 11:38 PM
Andre Nel is going to get that ICL money

mali007
April 4, 2008, 11:40 AM
Mashrafee would be a better choice . Alpo damey TAMIM -ke neeley vaalo korto.

Fazal
April 4, 2008, 11:43 AM
so was ash picked?

yes. Look at the other thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=26163)