PDA

View Full Version : some of you are too emotional

proxdj
March 9, 2008, 08:33 PM
You want to remove ashraf from captaincy?

You criticize the selectors?

You criticize the players?

When a decision is made, you have to endure the painful journey and let it blossom. You cannot expect everything to be ok especially when we are playing NZ, SA etc. You cannot change capt every month. They sent out young players to give them an opportunity to shine and it also sends a message to the veterans that if they do not get the job done then their spot is not guaranteed. You cannot look at a series to two and make decision. Thats a small sample size. You need to look at the number over a longer period where you can see the trend. Give ashraf a full year before you crucify him. Let the selectors expose some of the young talents. We are suppose to develop these kids and it can be painful where they will make mistakes. But most importantly they will learn from their mistakes.

Take it easy and enjoy the game....

Zeeshan
March 9, 2008, 08:48 PM
I whole-heartedly agree... nicely put.

nsd3
March 9, 2008, 09:06 PM
Good to see newbies in BC are taking the good initiative. Oldies seemed to be tired of pointing these facts and stopped doing anything. Thanks for the heads up :applause:

Yameen
March 10, 2008, 06:36 AM
so there are sane people at BC, nicely put man...

Mohiul
March 10, 2008, 06:43 AM
so far, all the posts in this thread are nicely put. Thanks for sharing

Sohel
March 10, 2008, 07:34 AM
Thank you for this thread proxdj. Always good to have an oasis of sanity amidst all this pointless rage. GOD bless you my brother ... :)

GuruTM
March 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
Good thread. Sayem, are you listening? The level 2 coach.

zainab
March 10, 2008, 10:06 AM
You want to remove ashraf from captaincy?

You criticize the selectors?

You criticize the players?

When a decision is made, you have to endure the painful journey and let it blossom. You cannot expect everything to be ok especially when we are playing NZ, SA etc. You cannot change capt every month. They sent out young players to give them an opportunity to shine and it also sends a message to the veterans that if they do not get the job done then their spot is not guaranteed. You cannot look at a series to two and make decision. Thats a small sample size. You need to look at the number over a longer period where you can see the trend. Give ashraf a full year before you crucify him. Let the selectors expose some of the young talents. We are suppose to develop these kids and it can be painful where they will make mistakes. But most importantly they will learn from their mistakes.

Take it easy and enjoy the game....

Finally, we have a sane and practical BD fan. Thank you so much for writing wise words.
i hope our fans pay attention and dont criticize at every turn.
My thoughts are if fans do not want to endure the pain, just stop visiting this forum.
I still admire these lads for having the guts to play against such strong teams, one day they will succeed, but there will be lots of twists and turns.

Fazal
March 10, 2008, 10:51 AM
I have a different perspective about our "emmotional fans".

The team is not performing. That "emmotional fans" is the only aspect that is the driving force in keeping BD cricket moving. Without that, there woundn't be any fans left still following BD cricket. That emmotional outburst tells us fans still care.

So please give due respect where its needed... that is the loyal fans of BD cricket who continue to support day-in day-out even they are getting sh*tty product day-in and day-out. They have every right to show their out burst after every humaliating performance... because that is the only lifeline keeping our cricket alive.... it tells us that ... after so much humulation.... cricket is still alive in the fan's heart.

cricket_dorshok
March 10, 2008, 11:11 AM

The team is not performing. That "emmotional fans" is the only aspect that is the driving force in keeping BD cricket moving. Without that, there woundn't be any fans left still following BD cricket. That emmotional outburst tells us fans still care.

So please give due respect where its needed... that is the loyal fans of BD cricket who continue to support day-in day-out even they are getting sh*tty product day-in and day-out. They have every right to show their out burst after every humaliating performance... because that is the only lifeline keeping our cricket alive.... it tells us that ... after so much humulation.... cricket is still alive in the fan's heart.
:up::up::up:

bujhee kom
March 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
thank you proxdj, you are right.
i am one of those "emotional fans" who weeps and bleeds silently so i also agree with fazal mama!
GO BD!!!

abu2abu
March 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
For some, cricket is a passion and passion is an emotion. Nothing wrong with emotion in cricket. After all why else would you support any teamy you're not a member of unless emotion was involved?...

reyme
March 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
Sometimes I wonder what Fazal does for his living. A true genius. Yes I am giving the due respect where its needed

tonoy
March 10, 2008, 12:20 PM

Sir, I bow down to your wisdom. True genius indeed. :notworthy:

Eshen
March 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
Excellent post Fazal mamu :clap::clap::clap:

auntu
March 10, 2008, 01:28 PM

Guru tumi acho bole tai:big_hug:

Guru k janai :applause: :D

auntu
March 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
I whole-heartedly agree... nicely put.

Gopalda ekta qus.

Apnake duita bedana/anar dile ki korben?

duita nia khelben naki khaben?

BD-Shardul
March 10, 2008, 02:38 PM
Mamu, couldn't agree more with youe post. :-D

proxdj
March 10, 2008, 05:38 PM

I respect your opinion.

You have to be logical about your expectations given our history in cricket. We do not belong in the same level as SA, Aus, PK etc. If we play Kenya, Zimbabwe and Ireland - we can put together winning streak but is that whats necessary? I rather have these guys lose against world class team for several years and take away something valuable because it will be rewarding in the long run.

After every game, I see some fans second guess every move by the skipper, captain and the selector. You know what they say - everyones a genius after the fact.

I disagree with you that the fans do not get the end result out of this team. We have had an excellent run in the world cup. The team played well when India visited us. We still have 2 more ODI and anything can happen. We are expected to lose all 3 ODIs because SA is the second best ODI team if not the best.

Cheers mate

nsd3
March 10, 2008, 06:41 PM
Shobai genius!! ok?!

We just need 1 win to celebrate cuz we are hungry!! After that 1 win we can wait 10 more months thinking we did it!!!

kalpurush
March 10, 2008, 10:42 PM

মামু হক্কলেরে টেক্কা মাইরা দিছে!!!:D

kalpurush
March 10, 2008, 10:44 PM
I disagree with you that the fans do not get the end result out of this team. We have had an excellent run in the world cup. The team played well when India visited us. We still have 2 more ODI and anything can happen. We are expected to lose all 3 ODIs because SA is the second best ODI team if not the best.

Cheers mate
[বাংলা]হারার আগেই হেরে বসাটা কি ঠিক?!;)[/বাংলা]

Nafis_BD
March 10, 2008, 10:56 PM
In my opinion both Fazal mamu and proxdj bhaiya are right. We Should be emotional but to an extent. If you truly love this game and follow it then you are bound to be emotional but too emotional is what proxdj bhaiya's point is I think. Sometimes you can get too emotional which cant be blamed but proxdj bhaiya is telling us to do is to try and keep control of our emotions if possible.

That's basically it. No need to argue!!

Ishtylish cricketer
March 10, 2008, 11:28 PM

Extremely well said. Fans have every right to be mad/emotional after horrible below standard performances. Saying we are minnows, we don't face good fast bowlers in NCL, players are too young and thus we cannot do better is never acceptable. Others ie. Gavasker against WI quicks, Vaas becoming one of the best fast bowlers hailing from SL, Yousuf playing on dead pitches of Pakistan yet delievered in seaming and swing conditions while others failed, etc are examples of players who raised their standards to carry the team on their back, so why can't one of ours do it? Admittedly we probably only have one or two world class players but these guys play like they are in a team full of superstars; which really makes me wonder whether or not they truely know the value of their wicket. We all know who I am talking about. Srilanka, India, Pakistan ride on their superstars in batting and bowling why can't we? Why can't our coaches figure out what gets the best out of each player? Rejecting superstars model, we can yet follow the NZ model and hold everyone accountable for runs in batting, bowling and fielding. Top to bottom, everyone must score, all bowlers must contribute, all fielders must chip in with saves and catches. Whatever the reasons maybe, if they play bad and they don't represent us well we the fans have every right to show our displeasure. These players are popular because of us the fans. Without us, they are nothing.

nobody
March 11, 2008, 01:45 AM
We are emotional that is the reason we follow this BS team. No sane person could follow these shameless, gutless losers.

Bengali Bum
March 12, 2008, 12:14 AM
Those of us living abroad (most of us I believe), especially in AUS, UK, or in other cricket playing nations outside the subcontinent, feel a little discouraged by our team's performance and at times humiliated by fans of other countries... it hurts man... some of us follow BD games until three in the morning, waking up nxt day feeling all tired.. and FRUSTRATED with team's result. It's been more than a decade we've been playing cricket. We fans would like to see some good fight if not wins. Almost in every test series we're being whitewashed, and most of the times the defeats are so big that we ask ourselves "why r we spending so much money on these idiots when half the country is starving?"

We understand Rome wasn't built overnight but a decade should be enough to produce at least one match winner out of 150,000,000 people.

Abroad our country is known by all the negative names. Cricket can make a difference. It gives us hope. I hope we do better in the future.