PDA

View Full Version : Get Basher back as Captain

Kamnew
March 10, 2008, 11:35 PM
All said and done, Bd needs Bashar, the best cricketer they have ever produced.
BD has nothing to lose by bringing him back, perhaps a lot to gain.
(After Basher was dropped, the team performance has worsened.)

I have seen various posts with lots of suggesstion but I think BD players will have to learn to stay at the wicket-
Play full 50 overs in ODI and-
play at least six sessions , that is a day and half in test matches.That should be the first priority.. not trying to win every match and end up losing badly.

Kamini.:big_hug:

Murad
March 10, 2008, 11:38 PM
:floor::floor::floor:

funny funny manush gulo

tonoy
March 10, 2008, 11:40 PM
O_o

WarWolf
March 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
This thread reminds me the following
10000000000*0=0
0/1000000000=0

al Furqaan
March 11, 2008, 12:03 AM
the cheddar cheese is back...

what ill-intentioned advise from our neighbor to the west. clearly you haven't watched any BD games. ashraful's skipperhood is not even 6 months old, has loads of innovative cheek, and we're supposed to bring tried and false bashar back?

its gonna take a while for a 23 year old's captaincy effects to kick in, but kick in they will. a captaincy plays no effect in batting performances of a team, and that is our perennial weakness. if you look at the bowling jobs, they are statistically equivalent to bashar's and qualitatively superior.

a bashar led side would never clean up south africa for 170. no matter who was in the bowling attack.

tiger_omar
March 11, 2008, 12:24 AM
What a joke thread.I don't know if you opened this thread to attract negative reactions or if you're actually serious about this idea.

cricket_king
March 11, 2008, 12:31 AM
Hahahaha what an awesome idea for a thread!
And I wholeheartedly agree with Kamnew - Bring Bashar Back! His leadership skills are sorely being missed. Idiotic selectors made Ashraful of all the people captain. Why have a gumbie like Ashraful as captain when we have Sir HaBa? HABIIIIIBULLLLLL! :-D :flag:

Mahir
March 11, 2008, 12:54 AM
Achha, keno manush gulo eto funny hoy ? !!! Sorry Kamnew, Bashar is a gone case. Done and dusted. Too bad the man doesn't realise when to retire.

Antora
March 11, 2008, 12:58 AM
:-|....

nobody
March 11, 2008, 01:43 AM
should be merged with joke of the day thread

BD-Shardul
March 11, 2008, 02:13 AM
Some people need to be sent to pabna hemayetpur mental hospital.

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 03:37 AM
what a joke... bashar's days r over but he is definitely our best ever cricketer

bulbul_fan
March 11, 2008, 04:22 AM
ya
bring bashar as captain
chacha as fast bowler
enamul hoq(snr) as spinner
hannan sarkar as opener...etc etc..
we will be chmpion then:D

bulbul_fan
March 11, 2008, 04:22 AM
Worst thread of the month...srri..of the century!

crickwizard
March 11, 2008, 04:46 AM
how about bringing back Aminul Bulbul -;)

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 05:19 AM
I say, bring back Akram Khan ! that way Tamim will get even better !

zainab
March 11, 2008, 05:56 AM
How old was Bashar when he became captain? How many years was he captain before he got his first win?

Miraz
March 11, 2008, 06:16 AM
Yes! so that we can start Bashing him again.

Please let the old man enjoy some well deserved rest.

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 06:22 AM
Yes! so that we can start Bashing him again.

Please let the old man enjoy some well deserved rest.
he's not resting Miraz bhai..he is scoring half-centuries after half-centuries for Surjo Torun!

Kabir
March 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
Poll question: Is Kamini nearing a well-deserved ban?

Choices:
1. Yes...please. It's long overdue.
2. No...please don't. She's not an agacha.

Please vote. I didn't think that this would need a new thread of its own btw.

Tigers_eye
March 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
I would vote for Kamini before I vote for HB.

Rubu
March 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
this only shows how quickly we forget things and how impatient we are.

irteja
March 11, 2008, 09:23 AM
All said and done, Bd needs Basher, the best cricketer they have ever produced.
BD has nothing to lose by bringing him back, perhaps a lot to gain.
(After Basher was dropped, the team performance has worsened.)

I have seen various posts with lots of suggesstion but I think BD players will have to learn to stay at the wicket-

Play full 50 overs in ODI and-
play at least six sessions , that is a day and half in test matches.That should be the first priority.. not trying to win every match and end up losing badly.

Kamini.:big_hug:

WHAT A STUPID THREAD...HA HA HA.:lol:...EVEN HABA"S WIFE WONT SAY THAT;). I GUESS KAMINI LOST HER MIND:timeout:

KnightBD
March 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
I think the result is obvious by now and the tread can be closed (as Bashar's captaincy).:wave:

Btw Kamnew, who is this lady in your avatar :-/

Ajfar
March 11, 2008, 09:56 AM
ummmmmmmmm....

KnightBD
March 11, 2008, 09:56 AM
this only shows how quickly we forget things and how impatient we are.
We do acknowledge Bashar's contribution. That does not mean that we have to keep him in the team forever.

Pilot -> lead us to ODI status
Bashar -> taught us that we can win
Ash -> (lets see, nothing yet)

lamisa
March 11, 2008, 10:09 AM
We do acknowledge Bashar's contribution. That does not mean that we have to keep him in the team forever.

Pilot -> lead us to ODI status
Bashar -> taught us that we can win
Ash -> (lets see, nothing yet)

Ash->t20 win

Rubu
March 11, 2008, 10:17 AM

I'm against keeping bashar in any form of cricket now. what i was refering to is, when bashar was captaining, how we were complaining that how bad he was and how ash will be so much better choice. and see now.

if we get sn captain today, we'll see the exactly same type of thread tomorrow.

if it was upto me, i would stick to ash for next 5-10 years.

WarWolf
March 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'm against keeping bashar in any form of cricket now. what i was refering to is, when bashar was captaining, how we were complaining that how bad he was and how ash will be so much better choice. and see now.

if we get sn captain today, we'll see the exactly same type of thread tomorrow.

if it was upto me, i would stick to ash for next 5-10 years.
You stole my words, Rubu brother.:-D

Fazal
March 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
For men's team or woman's team?

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 12:28 PM
Bashar should become an umpire ! That should suit him !

Beamer
March 11, 2008, 12:33 PM
Can't even get his name right...

Nafis_BD
March 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:
This is a joke right? You can't be serious.

Ajfar
March 11, 2008, 12:47 PM

:floor::floor::floor::floor:

Ishtylish cricketer
March 11, 2008, 01:10 PM
Nice thread. That's what I like to see.

Electrequiem
March 11, 2008, 01:14 PM
I refuse to dignify the poll by voting...

no offense at the thread starter though :).

zainab
March 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
Ash->t20 win

Exactly and against the WI who is a good 20/20 side. this made BD advance to the next stage. if Ash did not win this game, SA would have beaten BD and that would have sent them home after one week. In two worldcups BD advanced to the super stage. Last year BD did quite well to what they have started in this year.

Omio
March 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
For Solimmullah Etimkhana team.;)

skhondoker
March 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
unbelievable!

RezOne
March 11, 2008, 02:30 PM
Ban!!!!

Shobha
March 11, 2008, 05:15 PM
there's nothing wrong with this thread.
it's not like they'll drop him for the test matches so he might aswell use his captincy skills to lead the team in tests.
SN for odis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowman
March 11, 2008, 07:55 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

al Furqaan
March 11, 2008, 07:57 PM
ppl, kamnew is a known trolless from across the river. pay no [real] heed to the thread.

Kamnew
March 11, 2008, 11:32 PM
Boys! what you gain by abusing me?

BD needs Bashar as Captain and Whatmore as coach . Period.

Dhurr
March 12, 2008, 12:02 AM
I will say the same thing I said in the other thread.

I am probably the biggest Bashar fan in Banglacricket but even I would say Ashraful is a far better captain than Bashar. Bashar did what he had to do; he led from the front and gave us respectability and stability during the rocky years of our cricketing infancy. His timid, pre-set game plans worked when we were expected to lose every match and played only to earn respectable defeats. Ashraful is the kind of captain we need now because now we are trying to win games on the days when every thing clicks for us and/or our opponents have a bad day in the field.

You cannot replace Ashraful today with anybody else, because he is the only "automatic selection" (as much as I hate to use that phrase, it is true in his case) in the Bangladeshi team. You cannot choose a new captain who does not have a guaranteed position in the side. Whose position is guaranteed? Shakib? Nafees? Mashrafee? None of them are mainstays of the team. Only Ashraful is. So please, let's not call for his head just now. As much as I hate his inconsistent batting, I think he is the best captain we could have under the circumstances.

nsd3
March 12, 2008, 01:41 AM
Not Bashar but Ashraful can be rested giving Mashrafi the captaincy in the 3rd ODI just like the way Mashrafi was rested on the 1st ODI.

Kabir
March 12, 2008, 08:35 AM
Boys! what you gain by abusing me?

BD needs Bashar as Captain and Whatmore as coach . Period.

And what do you get by undermining BD team?
Almost every post of yours on BC is demeaning towards the BD team. You got banned for that too.

Grow up, and stop flying.

Spitfire_x86
March 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
And what do you get by undermining BD team?
Almost every post of yours on BC is demeaning towards the BD team. You got banned for that too.

Grow up, and stop flying.
I don't think anyone can be (or should be) banned for consistently not liking a team. Everyone has right to be demeaning towards any team, as long as they remain civil.

BDML430
March 12, 2008, 08:56 AM
I don't think it's an option to bring Bashar back. I also don't think Ashraful is captain material either. He may have talent, but he is not a performer. I rather have someone who is consistent perfomer than someone who shows up once a year. Consistency is the key to success, which Ashraful doesn't have. Bashar was consistent, atleast getting runs in 20s. I think the nickname "Golla" needs to be transferred to Ashraful now, he has earned it.

riaz131
March 12, 2008, 08:57 AM
I think we should sit ASH, and give Sakib a chance as a captain since we had some tough fight both practice test and odi against SA with him. AND, PLEASE PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED, WE SHOULD LET THE BY GONES, BE BY GONES AND LET THE OLD MAN BASHAR SLEEP. I can't possibly see him in the team again cuz he makes me :sick:

Kabir
March 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think anyone can be (or should be) banned for consistently not liking a team. Everyone has right to be demeaning towards any team, as long as they remain civil.

Man, Spitty. You're saying that in your defense.

Btw, you being demeaning and Kamini being demeaning are two completely different things.

Spitfire_x86
March 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
Yes, I know the difference between frustrated fans posting negative things and people who think we suck posting negative things. I was speaking in general sense, not defending myself. A forum should accommodate all sorts of users (that includes trolls), as long as they behave reasonably.

akabir77
March 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.jaijaidin.com/images/uploaded_images/25043_masud-habibul.jpg

Kamnew
March 13, 2008, 12:18 AM

Hi
spitfire, why d'u think my post id demeaning to BD?

about 30% vote in favour of Bashar proves that I was reasonable.

I really feel Bashar should continue.

Kam.

rafiq
March 13, 2008, 01:07 AM
I like the hero shot of Pilot and Bashar! That's probably the only takeaway from this meth-induced thread.....

Kamnew
March 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
spitfire answer my question!

Ashraful is not firing at all.

al Furqaan
March 14, 2008, 01:10 AM
Man, Spitty. You're saying that in your defense.

Btw, you being demeaning and Kamini being demeaning are two completely different things.

exactly. there is a forum for expressly demeaning bangladesh cricket: its called ICF.

BC is for Bangladesh Fans...i believe the friggin site says that right at top on the banner, for F's sake!!!!!

sayem is either a fake bengali poser or a cricketing "rajaker" and similarily deserves to be banned.

spitty and SS are genuine fans who have a different take (although not much anymore) than i do on the state of our cricket. they actually make substantive posts discussing our cricket and are rightful members, much as i disagree(d) with them.

kamnew and sayem do not discuss anything. their posts are nothing but "bring basher (sic) back" and "BD sucks and should lose their Test status." they post the same garbage over and over, ad nauseum, and thats the only reason their post count has hit triple figures. they are not here to discuss and they are not "tiger fans". sayem even admits that he isn't a fan! and kamnew is an indian thus cannot be a "fan" in the truest meaning of the word.

i urge the mods to take action for the sake of the forum.

al Furqaan
March 14, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hi
spitfire, why d'u think my post id demeaning to BD?

about 30% vote in favour of Bashar proves that I was reasonable.

I really feel Bashar should continue.

Kam.

this is why I think you are being demeaning (it has nothing to do with this thread per se):

1) you are only here when BD is in a slump, which admittedly could mean that you're always here...but you know very well what i mean.

2) you're posts are rarely descriptive and are always tacitly denigrating towards BD. you are advocating a guy being made captain who hasn't scored above 30 runs in almost 2 years. this akin to asking for balaji to come back and captain India, capiche?

3) your posts are often one-linerish and like, sayem, say more or less the same thing over and over and over again.

4) you have already been banned once before.

5) your ingnorance of BD cricket can rule you out as a well-wisher. for example you cannot spell BASHAR correctly. its spelled just like it sounds.

Spitfire_x86
March 14, 2008, 01:19 AM
spitfire answer my question!

Ashraful is not firing at all.
I don't have any particular opinion on you or this thread. I don't mind too much if non-BD people don't have right ideas about our cricket or can't be a fan of us. Afterall, I wouldn't be a fan of BD if I was non-Bangladeshi, given the way our players perform.

About the poll topic: I simply don't care as I know Bashar was no better as captain and captaincy is not the main or sole problem for us right now.

Kabir
March 14, 2008, 09:24 AM
Well said Asaad. Couldn't have put it better myself.

And well said Spitty. The reasoning in the post suggests why I said what I said.

DJ Sahastra
March 14, 2008, 07:57 PM
The Test-Series with SA convinced me that Bashar has some real issues. Personally, i like him - he is cool immensely likeable dude and probably his laid-back attitude has worked more often than it has let the team down. And NO, Ashraful is NOT a better captain than him.

That said, he cannot be brought back as a captain because before that, the question is, can he be brought back as a player. Going by what i saw during the Test Series, he will be very fortunate to get to play for BD anymore. This is not to say that all doors are closed, just that he needs to work his way up.

And BTW, i have observed Spitty for years and he ranks way above ANYONE on this forum in his knowledge and understanding of BD players and the dynamics of the BD team. Maye Non-Resident Sohel comes close.

mildwind
March 14, 2008, 08:28 PM
can he be brought back as a player. Going by what i saw during the Test Series, he will be very fortunate to get to play for BD anymore. This is not to say that all doors are closed, just that he needs to work his way up.

This should be the main idea. If he can score some runs in domestic cricket consistently and proof his ability again, he deserves to be brought back in. But we are not better off by bringing him back just because somebody did not perform well.

Spitfire_x86
March 14, 2008, 08:32 PM
And BTW, i have observed Spitty for years and he ranks way above ANYONE on this forum in his knowledge and understanding of BD players and the dynamics of the BD team. Maye Non-Resident Sohel comes close.
Please don't embarrass me :) Sohel is head and shoulders above me in terms of knowledge in cricket and BD players. We all scream about importance of domestic cricket, while he actually goes to the ground to see domestic matches.

My knowledge is nothing special, I just regularly try to keep my expectations low.

germany
March 14, 2008, 09:41 PM
This should be the main idea. If he can score some runs in domestic cricket consistently and proof his ability again, he deserves to be brought back in. But we are not better off by bringing him back just because somebody did not perform well.

all bunch of fanatics or what?
bashar is in his mid 30s - he is not coming back
unless you have a corruppted board/selectors

mildwind
March 15, 2008, 12:35 AM
all bunch of fanatics or what?

:sick::sick:

bashar is in his mid 30s - he is not coming back unless you have a corruppted board/selectors

dont ridicule urself. learn about cricket bro. anyone can come back.

Kamnew
March 15, 2008, 02:26 AM
thanks for voting!

Bashar got 30%....

auntu
March 15, 2008, 02:42 AM
camini come, chorbito chorbon chalate chao?
:-p