PDA

View Full Version : Abdur Razzak in IPL

Pages : [1] 2

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 04:43 AM
dint c dat one coming.........lolz....according to cricinfo he ll be playin fer bangalore.....

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/341978.html

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 05:08 AM
He got signed up for Bangalore, cant believe it... hope he represents bd well and improves our reputation around the world

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 05:10 AM
cant wait to c how much hiz gettin.......

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 05:12 AM
great ! What about Ashrafool and Mortaza !

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 05:16 AM
bujuhtesihna oder uthaner agei to shob team kina feltese........o

WarWolf
March 11, 2008, 05:17 AM
Razzak is getting $50,000 whereas Ross Taylor is getting his double.

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 05:24 AM
bepar na ...... compare koire ki labh paise ei onek ...... damm he ll be earning 10 thou dollars a week !!! lucky bitch !!!

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 06:09 AM
50 thou * 70 = 35 lakhs.........dam !!! itz crazy!!

zainab
March 11, 2008, 06:20 AM
Feel happy for Abdur Razzack, completely out of the blue. I was hoping that Rafique would get a nod. Ash and Mash do not need more money, they are highest paid cricketers in BD, but the exposure would have been good for them.

sadi
March 11, 2008, 06:36 AM
Congrats Razzak!!!

tiger_army
March 11, 2008, 06:41 AM
50 k its a lot for Razzak...but im telling you Bangalore made a really really good deal out of it.....Razzak can play super role in IPL....Bangalore team has two other spinners Kumble and Joshi.but i think For 20-20 version Razzak is better then them..Well he can slog too...

tanim3960
March 11, 2008, 06:47 AM
Razzak is a good candidate for 20/20 he is also hard heater. i am surprise no Ash and Mash. what happen to them?

arifur81
March 11, 2008, 07:26 AM
Congrats Razzak, I am very happy for Razz and hope he plays well in the IPL.

sharjilh
March 11, 2008, 07:36 AM
50 k its a lot for Razzak...but im telling you Bangalore made a really really good deal out of it.....Razzak can play super role in IPL....Bangalore team has two other spinners Kumble and Joshi.but i think For 20-20 version Razzak is better then them..Well he can slog too...

the 50 k is actually not going to go to Razzak....this is the amount that is going to the BCCI

basically the process is that the IPL sets a base price for the player and then there is bidding....so the team has to buy off the player first....so Bangalore Royal Challengers have probably bought Razzak off for 50,000

We still dont know how much money Razzak will get though for the deal...

But Congratz to Razzak....hopefully he will be able to show everyone his class act in such a huge competition

bulbul_fan
March 11, 2008, 08:15 AM
this si good for razzak..more money more experience!
wht happened to our GREAT mashrafee and Ashrafooooooooool???????????????

irteja
March 11, 2008, 08:19 AM
congratulatin Razzak

Tigers_eye
March 11, 2008, 09:15 AM
Congrats!! Abdur Razzak!!

desirocker
March 11, 2008, 10:04 AM
Congrats Abdur Razzak... does anyone know what're the price of Mashrafe and Ashraful

Tigers_eye
March 11, 2008, 10:06 AM
Congrats Abdur Razzak... does anyone know what're the price of Mashrafe and Ashraful
At this moment. negative. I consider they had to pay telephone bills while contacting IPL officials.

Ajfar
March 11, 2008, 10:14 AM
this is really gud for razzak..n watever happened to Rafique n SRK's Kolkata???

ahaque
March 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
good for razzak. i guess they IPL has been looking at what ashraful and mash have done recently and they're thinking..no thats okay...wait till next auction...sad but possibly true.

Fazal
March 11, 2008, 11:06 AM
Glad to see the 1st Bangladesh player selected. You deserve to be the 1st one selected. You are the most valuable ODI player for us for a while.

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2008, 11:15 AM
Yeash! Razzak mamu! Bangalore got a really good deal, IMO.

abu2abu
March 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
He would've thought it, the 1st BD player to sign for the IPL isn't a big fish like ash or mash but good old, humble razzak....

Rabz
March 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
Congrats to Razzak.
That is a superb bargain for that price.

rainmaniac
March 11, 2008, 11:29 AM
:up:hope he keeps bd's name...a superb opportunity for him..
all the best to him.:up:

akabir77
March 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
congrats to Razzak

Nafis_BD
March 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
Congrats Razzak. I am sure the Bangalore team will benefit a lot from his spin and slog.

skhondoker
March 11, 2008, 11:45 AM
even if ash is not selected, he would still get paid the amount from IPL that was earlier advertised.

Eshen
March 11, 2008, 01:02 PM
I am quite happy to hear Razzak is bought by Mumbai to play in IPL. Looks like he will be our only representative in this tournament. He deserves to be there more than any other Bangladeshi cricketer does. I wish him good luck. I hope he will transform himself into a capable bowling allrounder through this tournament.

Razzak enters billion-dollar tournament (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27319)

kaisermatin
March 11, 2008, 01:05 PM
koto sunlam rafiq, bashar, tamim got offers. those were all guzob?

Protic
March 11, 2008, 01:08 PM
LOL trust me.. I'd say Bangalore got the best deal out of it.. Razzak for 50 k!!.. And guess what.. IM SUPPORTING BANGALORE!! It also has similar first 4 letters as BANGLADESH.

Protic
March 11, 2008, 01:10 PM
LALLA'r ekta interview dekhlam.. onek khusi laglo dekhte.. and why not..the guys been playing a vital role.. for a long time.. and gets almost nothing in return..finally some fame and quite a lot of money comparing to what he's prolly earning now..

abdulw11
March 11, 2008, 01:18 PM
Congrats to the humble Abdur Razzak, he definitely deserves his place.

Bangalore are lucky to get him at that price, it's practically stealing.

zainab
March 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
I hope that he can play for BD against Pakistan in April. BD needs him.

reyme
March 11, 2008, 02:07 PM
Kotha kom kaj beshi: Razzak showed it very well! Good luck Razzak, you are the man!

zainab
March 11, 2008, 02:12 PM
even if ash is not selected, he would still get paid the amount from IPL that was earlier advertised.

How do you come to this conclusion? If he was not selected, why would he still be paid money from IPL? For doing what?

I am at a loss for this does not make sense.

RezOne
March 11, 2008, 02:20 PM
Congrats to Razzak. Hopefully he'll do well for Bangalore. I have a lot of friends I went to school with who live in Bangalore so I know they'll be asking about him. Surprised that Tamim Iqbal has not been auctioned. At this moment Tamim is the best Bangladeshi batsman, even in his bone headed moments he's the best we have. Anyway, good luck Razzak.

Antora
March 11, 2008, 05:05 PM
Congrats Raz!!!! :D Now i know which team to support in IPL!

Shobha
March 11, 2008, 05:08 PM
i feel really happy for razzak. a player who actually deserves to be out there.

Nocturnal
March 11, 2008, 05:12 PM
josh! go Razzak :)

MZaman
March 11, 2008, 06:24 PM
I still don't understand why Taibu is getting $100K?

MZaman
March 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
According to Wikipedia "Abdur Razzak 25 Bangladesh $120,000"

Snowman
March 11, 2008, 07:58 PM
I am not surprised that Ash and Mashrafe didnt get selected. They are not consistent players enough worth the teams money. Teams want to invest in players with guaranteed returns not 0, 5, 12s on their scorecard.

al Furqaan
March 11, 2008, 08:06 PM
IMO, razzak deserved to be in the IPL's initial auction as did rasel and aftab. mash and ash deserved what they got i.e nothing.

this should light ash and mash's fires. they should take it as a slight against them by the international cricketing powers to be (although it is anything but).

razzak, my boy, do your thang!

50K USD for 6 weeks work is quite a lot in the BD standard. i expect him to get no less than 250 K next year.

ialbd
March 11, 2008, 08:08 PM
best of Luck to Razzak for his IPL career.... he should make sure the Bangalore keeper calls him 'lala' to motivate him..... :)

Foozy
March 11, 2008, 08:33 PM
Congrats to Razzak! Hope he keeps his name in the hall of fame ;)

tanim3960
March 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
Abdur Razzak got $50k to become 12th man who will serve drink during drink breaks.

al-Sagar
March 12, 2008, 04:09 AM
Congratz

Murad
March 12, 2008, 02:48 PM
Abdur Razzak shouldn't play.

Only 50 thousands is nothing. Onek faltu playerra o 100 thousand er beshi paise...

I guess it will be better for him if he doesn't play this time.

WarWolf
March 12, 2008, 02:49 PM

Only 50 thousands is nothing. Onek faltu playerra o 100 thousand er beshi paise...

He should play. He will be a much tougher player after this tournament.

Miraz
March 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
IPL is going to overlap with upcoming Pakistan series.

I hope Razzak and others sort this out and play for Bangladesh.

sadi
March 12, 2008, 02:55 PM

Do you know what he can do with 34 lakh taka in Bangladesh?

Murad
March 12, 2008, 03:18 PM

Many things.

But still its not enough for a player of his caliber.

I"m not talking about the money in Taka but Dollars.

SO many worse players got 100,000 or more while Raj being one of the best bowler in the ODI/T20Is getting only 50,000. Its just because he's a Bangladeshi?

Spitfire_x86
March 12, 2008, 03:31 PM
It's a start, better than getting no team (like Ashraful).

If he does well this year, his value can only increase.

Trigger_Tiger
March 13, 2008, 12:47 AM
A very great thing to happen to such a growing player :D! The fact that he has 84 ODI wickets in 54-55 odd matches goes to show exactly how big a player he is already for our national team. This exposure should definitely boost his bowling as well.

Oh boy, he rips the ball fast, sort of like Kumble, wouldn't it be a finger-lickin'-good ting if he gets some tips from Anil :P! Yumm! I like that prospect too much! Besides he also gets money and exposure :)!

Awesome deal! I feel so proud of Razzak!

Mahir
March 13, 2008, 12:58 AM
Razzak and Aftab (wish he got signed up by a team) both are deserving candidates to get auctioned in the IPL, more deserving than Ashraful and Mashrafee anyway, as Asaad bhai already mentioned. But I doubt Razzak will be able to crack the starting XI of Bangalore initially, unless a few spots open up for the players' international duties. Razzak himself won't be available due to our Pakistan tour.

Here's CricInfo's take on how Bangalore Royal Challengers have shaped up so far :

Bangalore have a far more balanced look after the second auction. Just when the batting order appeared too conventional for Twenty20, they poached Misbah-ul-Haq, someone who will add the X-factor. Shreevats Goswami, the Under-19 player acquired on Tuesday, will be the second-choice wicketkeeper. With a bowling attack that's one of the best in the tournament, Bangalore look a far more flexible unit.

Probable XI: 1 Bharat Chipli, 2 J Arunkumar, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 Jacques Kallis/Misbah-ul-Haq 5 Virat Kohli, 6 Cameron White, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Zaheer Khan, 9 Anil Kumble, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Dale Steyn/Vinay Kumar.Read full article >> (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/342043.html)

rafiq
March 13, 2008, 01:19 AM

This is why it's easy to draw the conclusions some do on Bangladeshis not able to make progress....sigh

Finally nice to see someone make it past amateur levels on a foreign domestic circuit...don't know if he will feature in the starting 11 though....if he does he could be a sleeper hit for the club. Ash's poor form proves costly!

Eshen
March 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
An IPL team can field upto four foreign players in a match, and Razzak will have to fight with Boucher, Kallis, Chanderpaul, Misbah, Bracken, Steyn, and Cam White for one of those spots - tough ask.

karimjay.
March 14, 2008, 04:41 AM
On a more batting friendly pitch Razzak will play.

On a less friendly, White will.

Protic
March 14, 2008, 05:57 AM
Hopefully Razzak will need 1 match to seal his spot, Inshallah.

Eshen
April 17, 2008, 10:43 AM
[বাংলা]রাজ্জাকের কাছে টাকা ফেরত চাইবে মোহামেডান

ঢাকা, ১৭ এপ্রিল (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- জাতীয় স্বার্থে মোহামেডান ক্লাব ছাড় দিতে তৈরি হয়েই আছে। অবশ্য চলতি ক্রিকেট মৌসুমের জন্য আব্দুর রাজ্জাকের পেছনে মোটা অঙ্কের অর্থ খরচ হয়ে যাওয়াটাও আছে ক্লাব-কর্তাদের ভাবনায়। দুয়ে মিলে সিদ্ধান্তটা এরকম যে, ইন্ডিয়ান প্রিমিয়ার লিগে (আইপিএল) বাংলাদেশের একমাত্র প্রতিনিধির খেলতে যাওয়ায় তারা বাঁধা হবেন না। তবে এই বাঁ হাতি স্পিনারকে দেওয়া এককালীন অর্থের একটা অংশ তারা ফেরত চাইবেন। বৃহস্পতিবার সন্ধ্যায় টেলিফোনে বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম-কে এমনই জানিয়েছেন মোহামেডান ক্লাবের ক্রিকেট কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান গোলাম মোহাম্মদ আলমগীর।

নিয়মানুযায়ী আইপিএলে খেলতে হলে একজন ক্রিকেটারকে তার নিজ দেশের ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের কাছ থেকে এনওসি (নো অবজেকশন সার্টিফিকেট) নিতে হয়। বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডও (বিসিবি) রাজ্জাককে সেটা দেবে। কিন্তু ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ লিপু একটা শর্ত জুড়ে দিচ্ছেন এখানে, "মোহামেডান ওকে ছাড়বে কিনা, এটা আমাদের আগে জানতে হবে।" বাংলাদেশ দল পাকিস্তান থেকে দেশে ফিরলেই সুপার লিগ। এই অবস্থায় রাজ্জাককে ব্যাঙ্গালোর রয়েল চ্যালেঞ্জার্সের হয়ে খেলার জন্য মোহামেডান ছাড়বে কিনা এমন একটা সংশয় তাই ছিলই। যেটা একেবারেই উড়িয়ে দিয়েছেন আলমগীর, "আমরা রাজ্জাককে আটকে রাখবো না। বরং ভারতে গিয়ে খেলার ব্যাপারে উৎসাহিতই করবো। এটা তো জাতীয় স্বার্থ। রাজ্জাক যদিও এখনো আমাদের কাছে এনওসি চায়নি। তবে এনওসি দেওয়ার বিষয়ে মানসিক প্রস্তুতি আমরা নিয়ে রেখেছি।"

রাজ্জাকের কাছ থেকে টাকা ফেরত চাওয়ার বিষয়ে তার ভাষ্য, "ক্লাব থেকে এমন একটা কথা উঠেছে। যেটা অযৌক্তিক কিছুও নয়। এককালীন অনেক টাকাই আমরা ওকে দিয়ে দিয়েছি। এখন সেখান থেকে দু-চার লাখ টাকা ফেরত চাওয়া হলে ওর রাজী হয়ে যাওয়া উচিত বলেই মনে করি আমি। আইপিএল থেকেও তো অনেক টাকা পাচ্ছে। যতোদূর শুনেছি অঙ্কটা ৩৫ লাখ। তবে এটাও বলে রাখছি, টাকা ফেরত চাইলেও আমরা কোনো জোর-জবরদস্তি করবো না।"
[/বাংলা]
http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=25095&cid=26

MohammedC
April 17, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hai Hai Mohamodon der ei obostha, Taka firoth chai.

Kabir
April 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
Bakir naam faki...

Chaliye jao Razzak...taka niya palao.

Tigers_eye
April 17, 2008, 11:25 AM
[বাংলা]রাজ্জাকের কাছে টাকা ফেরত চাইবে মোহামেডান

ঢাকা, ১৭ এপ্রিল (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- আলমগীর, "... রাজ্জাক যদিও এখনো আমাদের কাছে এনওসি চায়নি। তবে এনওসি দেওয়ার বিষয়ে মানসিক প্রস্তুতি আমরা নিয়ে রেখেছি।"[/বাংলা]
http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=25095&cid=26
What the hell is Mental preparation of giving a "no objection cause (NOC)" letter?

Ki mental preparation dorkar? Ei shob ajob public gula media'r shatey kotha boley kano?

Murad
April 17, 2008, 11:55 AM
I think Mohamedan is right.

Since he's not going to play for the club, why should he keep the money for? They didn't pay him for nothing. Its not like he's injured thats thats why he will not play. But he's going to play for another team and earning huge money from them.

He should give back half of his money to the club.

Eshen
April 17, 2008, 12:00 PM
Abdur Razzak is breaking his contract with Mohammedan to play in IPL, Mohammedan has full rights to ask for compensation. I just hope that the whole thing will be done amicably.

Dhurr
April 17, 2008, 01:42 PM
Abdur Razzak is breaking his contract with Mohammedan to play in IPL, Mohammedan has full rights to ask for compensation. I just hope that the whole thing will be done amicably.

That is pretty much what I was thinking.

nycpro96
April 17, 2008, 06:21 PM
Feel happy for Abdur Razzack, completely out of the blue. I was hoping that Rafique would get a nod. Ash and Mash do not need more money, they are highest paid cricketers in BD, but the exposure would have been good for them.

app. how much do u think they get paid in $

mali007
April 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
Razzak ---- Abahanite choila Ai !!

SS
April 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
Age bhage taka niya akon bipake...Naok Raz er notun chobi "Ami keno IPL e"

auntu
April 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
but ajke je checha mair kolki ra razzak er team k dilo .....

bdchamp20
April 18, 2008, 02:10 PM
Do you know what $150,000 can do in Zimbabwe? I dont but supposedly a hell of a lot,and thats what Taibu is getting he didnt even play today and is not expected to get more than 2-3 starts. Compare that to Raj's $50,000...arey mia bhat kinteito shob taka jabe giye.

Shehwar
April 18, 2008, 06:23 PM
Looks like he has his work cut out! His team took a beating that will take some time to heal!....What a crappy bunch of players!...How is Wasim Jaffer able to make the eleven in a T20 match???....Even JO would do a better job!

zainab
April 18, 2008, 11:09 PM
I told my friend that if BD was playing against the Knight Riders, they would have put up a much better performance than this sorry lot, the foreign players were hopeless, WASTE OF MONEY. I am sure that more Indian players would have done better.
Not all players can play 20/20 games. Brendon McCallum is an exception, good player in all forms of the game, but I feel that ifhe had a more lethal bowling attack, he could not have plundered so many runs.
I thought that Dale Steyn was supposed to be in this team.

desirocker
April 18, 2008, 11:32 PM
Looks like he has his work cut out! His team took a beating that will take some time to heal!....What a crappy bunch of players!...How is Wasim Jaffer able to make the eleven in a T20 match???....Even JO would do a better job!

I agree. JO would be a better performer than W. Jaffer in T-20 cricket.

al-Sagar
April 19, 2008, 01:05 AM
With kumble injured and joshi aging , Razzak has a chance

BD-BLAST
April 19, 2008, 03:35 AM
If Ashraful did get a chance in the IPL, they might use him as the 12th man and make him bring the drinks for the players based on his current poor form.

Protic
April 19, 2008, 04:14 AM
If they has to choose between joshi and razzak..they'd go for razzak..joshi is..like a fossil!
& Kumble shud stay injured.

mijanur
April 19, 2008, 06:48 AM
yupp they would
anyway razzak should play in the ipl then for his **** country

Nocturnal
April 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
[বাংলা]২৩ এপ্রিল আইপিএলে যাচ্ছেন রাজ্জাক

ঢাকা, ২১ এপ্রিল (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- হতাশার এক সফরেশেষে দেশে ফিরে তার সতীর্থরা যখন প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেটের সুপার লিগে খেলার মানসিক প্রস্তুতি নিচ্ছেন, তখন আব্দুর রাজ্জাকের অবস্থা ভিন্ন। তাকে ভাবতে হচ্ছে ক্রিকেটের নতুন বিপ্লব বলে পরিচিতি পেয়ে যাওয়া ইন্ডিয়ান প্রিমিয়ার লিগ (আইপিএল) নিয়ে। সেখানে এই বাঁ হাতি স্পিনারই বাংলাদেশের একমাত্র প্রতিনিধি। রাহুল দ্রাবিড়ের ব্যাঙ্গালোর রয়েল চ্যালেঞ্জার্সের হয়ে খেলতে ২৩ এপ্রিল ভারতে যাচ্ছেন বলে জানিয়েছেন তিনি।

অবশ্য যাওয়ার আগে তাকে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) কাছ থেকে এনওসি (নো অবজেকশন সার্টিফিকেট) নিতে হবে। সেটা দেওয়ার আগে বিসিবি রাজ্জাকের ক্লাব মোহামেডানের কাছ থেকেও এনওসি চাইবে। দুটোর কোনোটাই তার না পাওয়ার কথা নয়। তবে রাজ্জাক যেহেতু সুপার লিগে খেলতে পারবেন না এবং তার পেছনে ইতিমধ্যেই মোটা অঙ্কের টাকা গুণতে হয়েছে, এটার একটা রফা আগে করে নিতে চায় মোহামেডান। ক্রিকেট কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান গোলাম মোহাম্মদ আলমগীর আগেই বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম-কে জানিয়েছেন, কিছু টাকা তারা রাজ্জাকের কাছে ফেরত চাইবেন। এ প্রসঙ্গ তোলার পর রাজ্জাক বললেন, "আগামীকাল (মঙ্গলবার) ক্লাবের কাছে এনওসি আনতে যাবো। যাই হোক না কেন, তাদের সঙ্গে আলোচনা না করে তো কিছু বলতে পারবো না। আগে ক্লাবে যাই। দেখা যাক এরপর কী হয়।"[/বাংলা]

mali007
April 21, 2008, 02:04 PM
Good luck , RAZZAK .

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 12:54 PM
Mohammedan has let Abdur Razzak go without taking any money back from him at all !!!

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/04/23/news0253.htm

Kudos to Mohammedan :up:

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 12:58 PM
Mohammedan has let Abdur Razzak go without taking any money back from him at all !!!

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/04/23/news0253.htm

Kudos to Mohammedan :up:
:-D:-D:-D

Nafi
April 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
bumpo

akabir77
April 24, 2008, 01:13 PM
when is his 1st match?

Eshen
April 24, 2008, 01:24 PM
I doubt Abdur Razzak will get a match for Bangalore soon. Twenty20 stars like Cam White and Misbah are still waiting in the wings to get their chances.

sharefaisal
April 24, 2008, 01:39 PM
is razzak getting 120,000
http://www.royalchallengers.com/theteam.aspx

al Furqaan
April 24, 2008, 01:49 PM
I doubt Abdur Razzak will get a match for Bangalore soon. Twenty20 stars like Cam White and Misbah are still waiting in the wings to get their chances.

they don't have a single spinner though...but, you're right, i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get an over all season and is promptly dropped next season.

Nafi
April 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
they don't have a single spinner though...but, you're right, i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get an over all season and is promptly dropped next season.

with all due respect that would drive me CRAZY!!! How can they drop them, if he hasn't played.

He also has one of the best bowling stats in 20/20 international. how can they ignore that.

mali007
April 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
Aus. & NZ players will not be available in May due to commitments for their respective countries ---------- then Razzak will get a chance !!

Nafi
April 24, 2008, 02:03 PM
Aus. & NZ players will not be available in May due to commitments for their respective countries ---------- then Razzak will get a chance !!

that takes out taylor, noffke, bracken.

Eshen
April 24, 2008, 02:06 PM
Taylor (NZ) and Noffke (Aus) will leave Bangalore at the end of this month to represent the own countries; Chanderpaul (WI) will leave at 18th May. But Abdur Razzak will still have to fight with Misbah, Kallis, Boucher, White, and Steyn for one of the four overseas player spots in the team.

bdchamp20
April 24, 2008, 03:19 PM
Kumble? But good news for Raj is that Kumble's injured.

simon
April 24, 2008, 03:30 PM
Happy for Razzaq.
He's a good bowler & can hit some big shots.So,hope he will rock.
Better that they didnt take Ash. But Mash could be useful.

bharat
April 24, 2008, 03:35 PM
Kumble? But good news for Raj is that Kumble's injured.

That will not help him a lot ..the team has Joshi(SLA) who by being a Indian (remeber that the team cannot have more than 4 Int'l) will make the cut.

He'll get a chance if the Int'l players either leave or get injured.His best bet would be when the Aussies and WI leave the tourney.I guess Boucher(being a wk batsmen) and Kallis (allrounder) are automatic choices.That leaves Misbah,White and Steyn.
White and Misbah gets the oomph factor in the otherwise slow batsmen.

I guess the best bet for Razzak would be if Steyn underpeforms or if he is injured.But whatever chance he has would be in the later part of the tourny.

Its tough for the International players to get into the playing 11 with a player like Gibbs not getting a single game as yet.You either have to be a good allrounder or a
crazy Master blaster to make the cut I guess...not a good time to be a bowler.

WarWolf
April 24, 2008, 03:37 PM
Looking forward to see him in some good actions.......

Protic
April 24, 2008, 03:38 PM
Heh.. theres 90% chance of razzak playing the next bangalore match..(26th april)..
Kumble is out..onli spinner they have is Sunil Joshi.. and he's old and stupid.. Bangalores manager been calling razzak like mad! they want him!

Nafi
April 24, 2008, 03:44 PM
Joshi is absolute crap compared to Razzak

Rumz_01
April 24, 2008, 04:06 PM
wow thas wicked!
Congratz Lala!

djnaved
April 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
Heh.. theres 90% chance of razzak playing the next bangalore match..(26th april)..
Kumble is out..onli spinner they have is Sunil Joshi.. and he's old and stupid.. Bangalores manager been calling razzak like mad! they want him!

i don't think so, cause chandarpaul,kallis, taylor, and boucher are playing. a team can pick four in't players... so one has to be dropped......

akabir77
April 24, 2008, 05:19 PM
r ey don't worry people raazak jokhon shobai rey net ey out kora shuru korbey tokhon boro boro der thekey ek jon drop khabey no problem...

Spitfire_x86
April 24, 2008, 05:47 PM
Joshi is absolute crap compared to Razzak
Being Indian he doesn't eat up a spot from the 4 foreign players quota in the playing XI. That gives him a big advantage over Razzak.

Sovik
April 24, 2008, 06:22 PM
i don't think so, cause chandarpaul,kallis, taylor, and boucher are playing. a team can pick four in't players... so one has to be dropped......

taylor and chanderpaul will leave for their series against Australia. if they do, then abdur razzak might get a chance

Cash$$$
April 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
Razzak is a damn good odi bowler, so he should get a chance....maybe they can give him temporary indian citizenship, so that he comes in place of stupid joshi

CricTiger
April 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
He will shine there for sure .Good exposure for him -Best of luck

jeesh
April 24, 2008, 10:30 PM
Lets hope so!

BANFAN
April 25, 2008, 01:31 AM
I am scared about Razzaq, given his recent form if he can survive the brutal beating of IPL.

jeesh
April 25, 2008, 03:37 AM
Well even Shane Warne, and Murali are having a tough time. Unfortunately thats the nature of the game. This game is brutal- and often success of a bowler is likely to be determined more by the number of dot balls rather than wickets. I am sure if given the opportunity he ll do a decent job.

crikfreak
April 25, 2008, 04:03 AM
is razzak going to get a chance to play?? i certainly hope so.. i wanna see him play- but the way he played against pak..will they give him a chance.. i hope they do
-best of luck razzak! hope to see you play soon..

al-Sagar
April 25, 2008, 04:15 AM
they may try razzak for one game and if razzak bowls well to cement his place it would be good.

players like fleming, styris, gibbs are sittng out. so it wont be a shame for him to sit out.

djnaved
April 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
guys, just click on this link, you will find somthing interesting about abdur razzak

bangalore bought him for $120,000 not $50,000

MohammedC
April 25, 2008, 03:08 PM
$70,000 under the table may be

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
Good dig Naved. Hope that is true. Looks like Misbah also has a 120k contract. Are these all for one year deal?

akabir77
April 25, 2008, 03:18 PM
I thought i read it some where these r 3 year contracts...

akbar1
April 25, 2008, 09:29 PM
any links to watch the IPL live?

al-Sagar
April 25, 2008, 11:50 PM
there is a chance that razzak will play today.

rahul rates razzak very highly as he has had troubles playing him.

and with kumble injured and joshi too old rahul may opt for razzak as a specialist spinner as he thinks a good spinner cam play a huge role in this kinbds of games.

wishing razzak the best

djnaved
April 26, 2008, 12:33 AM

any source?

scoilaheez
April 26, 2008, 02:51 AM

and with kumble injured and joshi too old rahul may opt for razzak as a specialist spinner as he thinks a good spinner cam play a huge role in this kinbds of games.

wishing razzak the best

cam white is still sitting on the bench and he is a quality hitter of the ball, not sure why they would be playing taylor or chanderpaul ahead of him but still too many foregin players ahead of raj

hoodlum
April 26, 2008, 06:04 AM
any links to watch the IPL live?

www.iplt20.com

djnaved
April 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
hmm, misbah is playing today........ rahul dravid said that the pitch is very good for the bowlers............

BANFAN
April 26, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hope Razzak plays well, if he gets a chance today.

Haradhoner ekti chele ..

detroitpagla
April 26, 2008, 09:04 AM
he aint playing today!

djnaved
April 26, 2008, 09:17 AM
damn, how come kumble got into the team? i thought he is injured.......
:mad:

Miraz
April 26, 2008, 09:24 AM
Only 4 foreign players are eligible to play in a single match. It will be difficult for Razzak to get a chance ahead of Chanderpaul, Kallis, Boucher, Ross Taylor and Misbah.

Twenty20 is a batsman dominated format, bowlers will always find it hard to get a place ahead of quality batsmen.

mshakir56
April 26, 2008, 10:16 AM
Too bad

qwert
April 26, 2008, 10:32 AM
they should have picked razzaq today, his spin should have been helpfull for them in that pitch

Protic
April 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
Okay who cares...they did not pick and they are LOOSING!
:D BANGALORE SUCKS! (without razzak)

Murad
April 26, 2008, 11:23 AM
They have a lot of games left. Around 10/12 games.

Most of the the players from WI, Australia, NZ are leaving this week.

Razzak has chance to play in the next game.

Dhruvo
April 26, 2008, 11:54 AM
Why didnt they play razzak, he could had made a huge difference , well i guess next time .

Nafi
April 26, 2008, 01:31 PM
Anyways Razzak might perform better if he isnt playing against Aus, NZ, WI players that will leave.

desirocker
April 28, 2008, 10:10 AM
Razzak's is not playing today's match either.

desirocker
April 28, 2008, 10:11 AM
Screw both IPL & Bangalore R. Challengers they suck without Lala

desirocker
April 28, 2008, 10:14 AM
can any1 tell me whether they'd let Razzak play at least one single match or not?

Eshen
April 28, 2008, 10:33 AM
This was expected after Razzak's poor show in Pakistan. Looks like Bangalore is picking only one specialist bowler in foreign players quota, and it's hard to argue why Steyn should not be picked ahead of Razzak.

bharat
April 28, 2008, 12:31 PM
Steyn got hot around the park today ..that is good news for Razzak.
The only way I see Razzak playing is at the cost of a bowler ..andn the bowler has to be Steyn. So guys you know whom to mark :-)

Protic
April 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
Okay.. to be REALISTIC..i dont think razzak has a chance of playing even ONE match.. steyn has no tours ..right? so he's staying..so is gibbs.. So ..they are ofcourse never gonna drop boucher,kallis.. taylor is going..so gibbs and misbah will fight for that place..and steyn stays!.. So razzak.. no place! :(

Ajfar
April 28, 2008, 04:01 PM
ora razzak re ekhon sujog ditase naa.....pore postaibo...

Mahir
April 28, 2008, 04:19 PM
Gibbs plays for the Deccan Chargers by the way.

Our Razzak will still have a tough time cracking the Bangalore lineup. Kumble and Joshi are their 1-2 spinning options, and Razzak is a foreign player. Don't see him replacing Steyn anytime soon. He is definitely not going to replace any of Bangalore's overseas batsmen.

So the Royal Challengers should stir it up by pulling trigger on IPL's first ever trade:

Kallis, Razzak to Kolkata for Mohammed Hafeez & Laxmi Ratan Shukla.

Bangalore badly needs to upgrade their hitting, which they get in the raw batting talents of Hafeez and Shukla. Both of these two are capable of containing the opposition with their bowling as well.

Kolkata benefits from the batting prowess of Kallis, since they will be the worst hit franchise due to the foreign players exodus for national duties (Ponting, Hussey, McCullum will all be gone in a couple days). The Knight Riders will also make Razzak feel more at home, and his bowling in the T20 format is well worth gambling on.

:smug:

mali007
April 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
Bengalore lost today too!! Razzak is out of question , they even did not give chance to Misbah , the best batsman of twenty20 version. I think they like WHITE SKIN !!!

cricket_king
April 29, 2008, 12:53 AM
Bengalore lost today too!! Razzak is out of question , they even did not give chance to Misbah , the best batsman of twenty20 version. I think they like WHITE SKIN !!!

That was such a stupid thing to say. /:)

scoilaheez
April 29, 2008, 01:23 AM
Banglaore official are so incredibyl stupid, i can understand why they are not playing razzak yet, but they left out misbah and cameron white, two of their bigger hitters... they have to be favorites for the wooden spoon. Their fielding is equally bad. Their bowling is actually not that bad tho.

BANFAN
April 29, 2008, 01:35 AM
can any1 tell me whether they'd let Razzak play at least one single match or not?

Off course Razzak will play more than one game during his contract of 3 years. Wait for some of them to get injured to make a way for Raz.

cricket_pagol
April 29, 2008, 02:12 AM
Gibbs plays for the Deccan Chargers by the way.

Our Razzak will still have a tough time cracking the Bangalore lineup. Kumble and Joshi are their 1-2 spinning options, and Razzak is a foreign player. Don't see him replacing Steyn anytime soon. He is definitely not going to replace any of Bangalore's overseas batsmen.

So the Royal Challengers should stir it up by pulling trigger on IPL's first ever trade:

Kallis, Razzak to Kolkata for Mohammed Hafeez & Laxmi Ratan Shukla.

Bangalore badly needs to upgrade their hitting, which they get in the raw batting talents of Hafeez and Shukla. Both of these two are capable of containing the opposition with their bowling as well.

Kolkata benefits from the batting prowess of Kallis, since they will be the worst hit franchise due to the foreign players exodus for national duties (Ponting, Hussey, McCullum will all be gone in a couple days). The Knight Riders will also make Razzak feel more at home, and his bowling in the T20 format is well worth gambling on.

:smug:

What about rafique playing for Kolkata? Is there any possibilty that Rafique will join the Kolkata team sometime.

mshakir56
April 29, 2008, 02:38 AM
I thought rafique was contacted by shahruk khan.

sunny747
April 29, 2008, 04:36 AM
Razzak supposed to get 120,000$. is he still going to get that amount of money even if he is not selected in the first eleven?.....
somebody said it's 3 years contract....does it mean this amount is for 3 years? or seasonal?

Razzak couldn't be traded within the first year of the contract..ipl rules.they can trade from the 2nd year.
http://www.hinduonnet.com/2008/02/10/stories/2008021051111600.htm

lamisa
April 29, 2008, 09:27 AM
what about rafique?i thought shahruk took him?i dint even hear him leaving for india

Eshen
April 29, 2008, 09:34 AM
Who knows, may be someone made a prank call to Rafique pretending to be Shahrukh.

desirocker
April 29, 2008, 10:03 AM
Bangalore Royal Challengers lost again. Good Good, very good. Mayb Lala will play next match

sadi
April 29, 2008, 10:33 AM
Who knows, may be someone made a prank call to Rafique pretending to be Shahrukh.

I wouldn't be surprised.... Lol...

KnightBD
April 29, 2008, 12:06 PM
Banglaore official are so incredibyl stupid, i can understand why they are not playing razzak yet, but they left out misbah and cameron white, two of their bigger hitters... they have to be favorites for the wooden spoon. Their fielding is equally bad. Their bowling is actually not that bad tho.
ditto :up:
Drabir Stupid Number One :D

Sovik
April 29, 2008, 05:48 PM

they can't play more than 4 foreign players. they need boucher and they can't leave kallis out. but they could go for cameron white or misba ul haque instead of chanderpaul or ross taylor.

abu2abu
April 30, 2008, 03:10 AM
rafique is full of nonsense. I never believed for a moment he'd play in the IPL.

Razzak might get a chance once ross taylor leaves for the England tour..?

al-Sagar
April 30, 2008, 03:34 AM
The bangalore team should play Razzak, steyn, misbah and taylor.
Rest are crap.
White, kallis, boucher, chanderpaul are out of form

Baundule
April 30, 2008, 06:21 AM
Is he playing today?
I don't see any chance, until Taylor leaves.
Of course, taylor will be replaced by a batsman, not by a bowler.

abu2abu
April 30, 2008, 07:14 AM
Sure taylor will be replaced by a batsman, but it frees up a slot if the replacement is indian.

This is a long tournament and I'm sure Razzak will get a chance at some point. I think he'll be quite successful...

Shehwar
April 30, 2008, 07:26 AM
Come on Bangalore Royal Challengers! Im gonna be backing them big time to win today......

nasimul
April 30, 2008, 09:30 AM
Razzak isnt playing today either

Sovik
April 30, 2008, 10:43 AM
Razzak isnt playing today either

is he getting money for the matches that he isn't playing

auntu
April 30, 2008, 11:01 AM
is he getting money for the matches that he isn't playing

great job then

jisaan
April 30, 2008, 11:51 AM
RCB is being crushed once again!
191 is too big a target.
RD must rethink his strategies...

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 12:59 PM
This was Ross Taylor's last match for Bangalore this season. My guess - Misbah or White will take his place for next match.

Sovik
April 30, 2008, 01:04 PM
Delhi Daredevils 191/5 (20/20 ov)
Bangalore 181/5 (20.0/20 ov)

desirocker
April 30, 2008, 07:52 PM
valo hoiche. SHalara Lala ke khelabe na, to harbe.

bdchamp20
May 5, 2008, 11:25 AM
Foreign players arent performing for BRC, we might just see Raj soon!

desirocker
May 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
they should let Lala play otherwise, i'll be a IPL/hindian hater

cricket_pagol
May 5, 2008, 12:27 PM
it is taking forever for Razzak to get his debut in IPL... he is not getting the credit that he deserves. This is very unfortunate.

auntu
May 5, 2008, 12:29 PM
not playing today!!!

grrr

sadi
May 5, 2008, 01:09 PM
Bangalore lost again. They are missing the lucky charm, Lala.

djnaved
May 5, 2008, 09:28 PM
there is a huge chance for razzak, foreign players like kallis,misbah,steyn, boucher are not performing well... bengalore team should give razzak a chance

Gowza
May 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
hopefully he gets a chance, from memory he did pretty well in the t20 world cup so i'm kind of surprised that he's not be given a chance. plus it seems kind of pointless to me to spend all this money on a player if they never play them.

Nafi
May 6, 2008, 01:12 AM
Even If he's not getting matches at the moment, I hope he is training hard to regain his form and develop his turn and variations.

Antora
May 6, 2008, 04:39 AM
This is fustrating..... i stay up to see if Raz is playing, but unfortunately he isn't :(
He will probably get a channce to play in the last game if he is lucky:(

crikfreak
May 6, 2008, 06:07 AM
are they ever going to ler razzak play?? i'm not happy with this.. he deserves a chance..

btw where is he now?? in bangladesh or india??

dash
May 6, 2008, 07:20 PM
are they ever going to ler razzak play?? i'm not happy with this.. he deserves a chance..

btw where is he now?? in bangladesh or india??

Y KIND OD STUPID QUESTION IS THAT,
AFCOURSE IN INDIA OTHERWISE HOW DO U EXPECT HIM TO PLAY

sadi
May 6, 2008, 08:35 PM
Bangalore CEO Charu Sharma was fired today. Maybe something will change.

desirocker
May 7, 2008, 02:51 PM
Bangalore CEO Charu Sharma was fired today. Maybe something will change.

no wonder. If those Morons let Razzak play next match, they'll win. telling u.

simon
May 7, 2008, 06:11 PM
May be being a player of Bangladesh is not showing much value on him.
But it's unfair to judge like that.

qwert
May 7, 2008, 06:37 PM
come on guyz we all know that he is not going to get chance to play a single match just because he is from BANGLADESH...

Sovik
May 7, 2008, 07:23 PM
come on guyz we all know that he is not going to get chance to play a single match just because he is from BANGLADESH...

thats not the case, banglalore can't afford to play him. they have kallis, cameron white, boucher, styne, chanderpaul and misba ul haque.

ehteshamul
May 7, 2008, 08:06 PM
IS RAZZAQ GOING TO MAKE IT INTO THE BANGALORE ROYAL CHALLENGERS ELEVEN?

With the IPL league running midway now It is indeed painful to still see Razzaq still sitting on the bench.

Performancewise Bangalore has won 2 and lost 5 out of 7 games they played so far. But in terms of position they stand bottom of the table with 4 points and Net Run Rate of -1.426.

They still have 6 games to go schedule of which is provided below:

REMAINING MATCH SCHEDULE OF BANGALORE ROYAL CHALLENGERS

Date Participating teams Venue

May 8 Kolkata Knight Riders v Bangalore Royal Challengers Kolkata

May 12 Kings XI Punjab v Bangalore Royal Challengers Chandigarh

May 17 Rajasthan Royals v Bangalore Royal Challengers Jaipur

May 19 Bangalore Royal Challengers v Delhi Daredevils Bangalore

May 21 Chennai Super Kings v Bangalore Royal Challengers Chennai

May 28 Bangalore Royal Challengers v Mumbai Indians Bangalore

So all is not lost. Razzaq still may be considered for one or more of the remaining matches.

Careerwise Razzaq has impressive record with both Twenty-Twenty and One Day games

Twenty-Twenty International Career Bowling

Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave SRate Econ
210 1 224 14 3-17 16.00 15 6.40

One Day International Career Bowling

Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave SRate Econ
3413 33 2402 93 5-33 25.83 36.70 4.22

One hopes Razzaq does not come home with a tag of benchman.

I am sure Razzaq will come good if chosen.

There is one game against Kolkata Knight Riders tomorrow, May 8, 2008. Let’s pray and hope that Razzaq will get into the eleven and silence everyone with a good performance.

Do not lose Heart Razzaq. We are all praying for your inclusion in the playing Eleven.

cricket_dorshok
May 7, 2008, 09:15 PM
Performancewise Bangalore has won 5 and lost 2 out of 7 games they played so far. But in terms of position they stand bottom of the table with 4 points and Net Run Rate of -1.426.

are you smoking!!!

nsd3
May 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">Originally Posted by ehteshamul
Performancewise Bangalore has won 5 and lost 2 out of 7 games they played so far. But in terms of position they stand bottom of the table with 4 points and Net Run Rate of -1.426.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Bangalore won 2 and Lost 5 matches.

ehteshamul
May 7, 2008, 09:39 PM
are you smoking!!!

Thanks for pointing out the error which should read as 2 Wins and 5 losses and not the other way as it was initially reported. It has also been edited.

Omio
May 8, 2008, 05:01 AM
are you smoking!!!
Smoking what?

Gas or Biri??

abu2abu
May 8, 2008, 05:19 AM
From Cricinfo:
Anil Kumble is yet to take a wicket after three matches and has conceded 105 runs at 9.26 runs per over.

Razzak should be given a go ahead of kumble. (kumble's a fine bowler but has been below par in this tournament.) But Kumble is an Indian superstar so leaving him out is unthinkable...

Sovik
May 8, 2008, 05:44 AM
From Cricinfo:
Anil Kumble is yet to take a wicket after three matches and has conceded 105 runs at 9.26 runs per over.

Razzak should be given a go ahead of kumble. (kumble's a fine bowler but has been below par in this tournament.) But Kumble is an Indian superstar so leaving him out is unthinkable...

they just can't play abdur razzak instead of kumble, he is an international player. i don't think he will get a chance

abu2abu
May 8, 2008, 06:06 AM
they just can't play abdur razzak instead of kumble, he is an international player. i don't think he will get a chance

Razzak is an international player too! :D

But I take your point, I don't think they'll drop kumble for razzak either. But in a fair world, that's what would happen...

dash
May 8, 2008, 08:28 AM
Razzak is an international player too! :D

But I take your point, I don't think they'll drop kumble for razzak either. But in a fair world, that's what would happen...

no that wont,
coz kumble is an indian playa nd u can play only 4 foreigners

abu2abu
May 8, 2008, 09:22 AM
no that wont,
coz kumble is an indian playa nd u can play only 4 foreigners

Ah, I see your point. I missed that...:notworthy:

Ajfar
May 8, 2008, 09:24 AM
gud for razzak..he got a paid vacation..

lamisa
May 8, 2008, 11:18 AM
gud for razzak..he got a paid vacation..

yea but thatz really demoralising.

Kabir
May 8, 2008, 11:26 AM
yea but thatz really demoralising.

Not really...that's quite moralizing. He will probably want to play more in that way. Ghumay ghumay poysha khum kom manushei pay!

sadi
May 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
Taibu is scoring runs while Razzak sits and watch.

bdchamp20
May 8, 2008, 12:54 PM
Unbelievable! Taibu gets a chance in Kolkata team whilst Bangalore continue to ignore Raj. I hope this is a repeat of their first meeting.

Faisal
May 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Taibu is much better than razzak. did u see how taibu bat and field for kolkata today? simply world class!!

auntu
May 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
u r right he is a fighter

Sovik
May 8, 2008, 04:18 PM
kumble is yet to take a wicket.

bourny3
May 8, 2008, 08:05 PM
they are sitting at the foot of the table you would think that they could give razzaq a go they have nothing to loose.

scoilaheez
May 8, 2008, 08:19 PM
they are sitting at the foot of the table you would think that they could give razzaq a go they have nothing to loose.

at last, they dropped kallis! most overrated 20-20 cricketer. How chanderpaul gets a game over misbah i'll never know. but they are rotating their international players around quite a lot. Bangalore have 10 internationals including noffke (he's touring), it is tough for raj even with this rotation for him to get a match. But in any case, im sure he will benefit from the extra training requirements and being surrounded by quality players.

mij
May 9, 2008, 03:01 AM
Chanderpaul is not going well, Razzaq will get chance next I think

BD-BLAST
May 9, 2008, 03:10 AM
It is definately frustating to see Razzak on the bench. The management of the team were probably more inclinded to play the other players instead of him because of the marketing aspect of the game (typical Indian cricket ideology). Another Indian tactic (similar to BCB management strategy) is always keep your star players in, no matter how foul or badly they are playing, as they may click sometime in the future.

But atleast there is 1 Bangladeshi player in the IPL this time. The other "star" Bangladeshi players didnt even make any team. But eventually the Indians will have to give in and put Razzak in a match or to. What do they have to loose if they are playing the way they currently are.

Baundule
May 9, 2008, 03:52 AM
They should replace a foreign paceman for Razzak. e.g., Afridi is doing fine with the ball. Razzak is even a better bowler, of the same kind - not much turn; but having quicker deliveries and sudden bounce.

crikfreak
May 9, 2008, 05:42 AM
this is very frustrating.. when are they going to give him a chance?? seriously.. banglore can't do worse than they already are.. so why not give razzak chance?? i know its a batsman's game and razzak is a bowler.. but so what?? i don't see the batsman doing much.. really.. can't they give him atleast one chance????

skhondoker
May 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
He still gets the $75K that he was signed up for even if he does not play a single game, right? I would take the money anytime from this Indians without showing my worth any day any time./..

Ajfar
May 9, 2008, 02:03 PM
He still gets the $75K that he was signed up for even if he does not play a single game, right? I would take the money anytime from this Indians without showing my worth any day any time./..

i thought it was $50K

auntu
May 9, 2008, 02:46 PM
it should be $50k. atleast that;'s what i heard

Nafi
May 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
You're both wrong, Razzak's bid went up to $125,000 :D

More expensive than Ross Taylor

Protic
May 10, 2008, 02:10 AM
Razzak isnt getting a single game guys.. im kinda convinced and sad about it..

They will never drop Dale Steyn.. and Boucher/Kallis stays too.. Then they will play either Misbah or Chanderpaul.. and Cameron white is there aswell.. so Razzak.. not a chance at all! let them underestimate THE LALLAMINATOR!

al-Sagar
May 10, 2008, 08:38 AM
You're both wrong, Razzak's bid went up to $125,000 :D

More expensive than Ross Taylor

Well that was a value for buying a player. The value the bangalore franchise paid to IPL committe. If any team wants to take Razzak from bangalore next season they will have to pay that money. Bangalore also can increase his valuation or they can also sell him at a cheaper price.
Now the salary or match fee of Razzak is difffrent. What i heard is Razzak will get a minimum of 26 lakh taka even he doesnt feature in a game and stays in the squad for the rest of the tournament. Then he will get additional match fee and others depending on his appearance and performance and the final position of bangalore.

ehteshamul
May 10, 2008, 08:48 AM
OUR BELOVED RAZZAQ - DON’T LOOSE PATIENCE. SIT TIGHT.

It appears Bangalore Royal Challengers can’t get out from its losing streak although in the last match the margin of loss was only 5 runs.

I have a gut feeling that Razzaq may find a spot at the fag end of the IPL league at which point the game will be of only academic interest as from the present trend it appears that Bangalore Royal Challengers will end up at the bottom of the table or one or two levels up. The problem with a 20 -20 game in the context of the IPL league is that it is pretty match a batsman dominated game. Unless you are a world class player whether as a batsman or bowler it is difficult to get in especially when you have so many stars to choose from other cricketing nations. This is not to say Razzaq is a bad bowler. He has reached International class.

However with a world class spinner Kumble available in the team it is difficult for the captain to bypass him and go for Razzaq or choose two spinners which is an impossibility when they have star studded pacemen to choose from.

I reckon there maybe a possibility that Razzaq may make it on any of the last two games and that of course has to come through the courtesy and generosity of Dravid and Kumble who may consider they have nothing to lose being at the bottom/near the bottom of the league and reward him for the extreme patience he has shown being on the bench for such a long time.

DON’T LOOSE HEART RAZZAQ. ALL THE FANS ARE PRAYING HARD.
MAY THE ALMIGHTY ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!

bdchamp20
May 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
Its $125,000 for 3 years. I think it isn't $150,000 because of the matches he missed and is scheduled to miss due to national commitment.

mij
May 11, 2008, 05:01 AM
Totally agree with you, He just need to show everyone what he is capable of on the given day.

OUR BELOVED RAZZAQ - DON’T LOOSE PATIENCE. SIT TIGHT.

It appears Bangalore Royal Challengers can’t get out from its losing streak although in the last match the margin of loss was only 5 runs.

I have a gut feeling that Razzaq may find a spot at the fag end of the IPL league at which point the game will be of only academic interest as from the present trend it appears that Bangalore Royal Challengers will end up at the bottom of the table or one or two levels up. The problem with a 20 -20 game in the context of the IPL league is that it is pretty match a batsman dominated game. Unless you are a world class player whether as a batsman or bowler it is difficult to get in especially when you have so many stars to choose from other cricketing nations. This is not to say Razzaq is a bad bowler. He has reached International class.

However with a world class spinner Kumble available in the team it is difficult for the captain to bypass him and go for Razzaq or choose two spinners which is an impossibility when they have star studded pacemen to choose from.

I reckon there maybe a possibility that Razzaq may make it on any of the last two games and that of course has to come through the courtesy and generosity of Dravid and Kumble who may consider they have nothing to lose being at the bottom/near the bottom of the league and reward him for the extreme patience he has shown being on the bench for such a long time.

DON’T LOOSE HEART RAZZAQ. ALL THE FANS ARE PRAYING HARD.
MAY THE ALMIGHTY ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!

Miraz
May 11, 2008, 05:55 AM
It's not only our Razzak, some other players are not getting a match in the IPL. Think about Anthony Mascarenhas.

After making all those noises in the English media, Mascarenhas is still to get a match in IPL. His contract is ending shortly.

djnaved
May 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
It's not only our Razzak, some other players are not getting a match in the IPL. Think about Anthony Mascarenhas.

After making all those noises in the English media, Mascarenhas is still to get a match in IPL. His contract is ending shortly.

he is playing today

zainab
May 11, 2008, 05:38 PM
he is playing today

He took two 2 wickets, but did not do too well with the bat. IMO,Chanderpaul and Sarwan are not 20/20 material. Given a chance, I am sure that Tamim, Ash and Aftab can do better.

Razzak may get a game eventually, but seems remote as Bangalore will not advance to the final 4, so Razzak will be back in BD before the end of the month.

bourny3
May 11, 2008, 08:24 PM
How many more games do bangalore have.

desirocker
May 11, 2008, 10:29 PM
How many more games do bangalore have.

4 or 5 matches may be, or it could be 3. They better let Lala play at least one match.

Antora
May 12, 2008, 05:47 AM
well i just checked cricinfo for today's game against punjub, and it says " Misbah likey to make the playing 11 for Bangalore" .....which means no Raz is this game either :(

Bangalore Royal Challengers (probable): 1 J Arunkumar, 2 Virat Kohli, 3 Mark Boucher (wk), 4 Cameron White, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Rahul Dravid (capt), 7 Praveen Kumar, 8 Anil Kumble, 9 Zaheer Khan, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Vinay Kumar.

crikfreak
May 12, 2008, 06:04 AM
whats the problem if they let razzak play?? its not like banglore is doing too wel.. so why not just let razzak play?? they can't get much worse.. anyways their batsman aren't doing much.. so why not piack razzak??

Mahmood
May 12, 2008, 07:06 AM
I would pick Misbah over Razzak any day. Can't blame them. May be they picked Razzak just in case all foreign players can't play.

al-Sagar
May 12, 2008, 08:21 AM
If Bangalore loose today they can forget about semi. It will take a miracle.

abu2abu
May 12, 2008, 08:51 AM

His name is not Anthony, it's (Adrian) Dimitri Mascherenas. Or "Dimi" to his friends/fans....

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/player/16932.html

djnaved
May 12, 2008, 04:03 PM
Bangalore owners is really mad with the captain rahul dravid and former ceo charu shorma, i guess dravid will loose his captaincy.:-D

Protic
May 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
:D Dale Steyn shud be dropped in the next match..he was wayy expensive against Kings XI..

Foozy
May 12, 2008, 10:33 PM
Bangalore owners is really mad with the captain rahul dravid and former ceo charu shorma, i guess dravid will loose his captaincy.:-D

hahaha.... well they shold drop him and make Razzak the captain ;):lol:

desirocker
May 12, 2008, 11:48 PM
F bangalore challengers. they're n't even letting lala play. Screw them.

al-Sagar
May 13, 2008, 12:02 AM
They are sticking to zaheer, two kumar, steyn and none of them are delivering, so they need a change play Razzak

lamisa
May 13, 2008, 11:04 AM

hahahaha!!!!nd they are planning to sell dravid in da next season!!!

ialbd
May 13, 2008, 11:08 AM
kobe je ei thread e eshe news pabo "Razzak playing today for Bangalore"

i keep coming back with that hope but its always the Bangalore bashing that I find.....

sunny747
May 13, 2008, 01:12 PM

i keep coming back with that hope but its always the Bangalore bashing that I find.....

same here man.

Foozy
May 13, 2008, 01:57 PM

haha... same story here too...

sunny747
May 14, 2008, 04:25 AM
i guess he was hired as net bowler.

al-Sagar
May 14, 2008, 08:37 AM
i guess he was hired as net bowler.

I guess he was hired as a net bowler so that indian causman can remove their weakness against sla bowling.

SS
May 14, 2008, 08:51 AM
IPL e ase onek taka
amader superstar ra paina jaiga
Karon oder matha faka
Kaj korena Coach er boka

Dak porlo Raj er Bangalo re
kono kobor nai kelbo kobe
Bowling kore shudu net e
Team cheye ase tomar dike
Tumi deshe firba kobe
Rafique mamu choila gese
tomar upor Asha borosha reke

sadi
May 14, 2008, 09:59 AM
Is he the only international player who got auctioned but never got to play so far.

lamisa
May 14, 2008, 10:08 AM
haha... same story here too...

amaro same thing!

crikfreak
May 14, 2008, 01:19 PM
amaro same thing!

mee too..
i think every one comes here for the same thing.. only they don't find what they are looking for..

Kabir
May 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
Personally, I don't see a problem with that. If he's as good as sitting in the bench, that's what he should do. At least, that's the best job out there where you get paid for sitting in the bench.

Eshen
May 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
Is he the only international player who got auctioned but never got to play so far.
Interesting question, the answer is no. Chamara Silva (Deccan Chargers) and Ashwell Prince (Mumbai Indians) are other players who were bought through auction and who are so far missing out of action, not because of injury or other issues.

Steyn is not doing anything spectacular for Bangalore, I don't see any reason why Abdur Razzak should not be tried in his place for a match or two.

kalpurush
May 14, 2008, 02:50 PM
Personally, I don't see a problem with that. If he's as good as sitting in the bench, that's what he should do. At least, that's the best job out there where you get paid for sitting in the bench.
Well, thats true, Imran. Though, he could have used IPL experience in the coming Tri-Serties in June in Dhaka if he could get the chance...;)

sunny747
May 15, 2008, 01:42 AM
i heard you get paid for the number of match you play. Not just sitting on the bench. Again different players had different skims. Ricky ponting got paid by the number of runs. He didn't make much though.

desirocker
May 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
According to wikipedia, Abdul Razzaq's bidding/sign in price is $120,000. It's more than Sohail Tanvir's price

LateCut
May 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
"My driver heard a gossip" that Razzak will be playing on the 19th.

Ajfar
May 15, 2008, 07:36 PM

apnar driver ki...bangalor er Ex-CEO naki???

Tehsin
May 15, 2008, 11:33 PM
Still no action for Lala. This must be frustrating for him.

al-Sagar
May 16, 2008, 12:34 AM
ami sopne dekhlam ... ... ... ...

sunny747
May 16, 2008, 01:17 AM

is he dravids driver too?

al-Sagar
May 16, 2008, 10:02 AM
is he dravids driver too?

Or may be Razzak is now doing a part time job of dravid's driver....

Fazal
May 16, 2008, 10:09 AM

Don't believe in driver walar gossip. They are semi Shaheb. Only knows second hand old and distorted gossib. Ask your 'Dudh wala' for tatka khobor. They are more reliable,