PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh confirmed to play in Pakistan

scoilaheez
March 11, 2008, 05:29 AM
Bangladesh have now been confirmed to play in Pakistan sometime in April, after Australia opted out. Details are going to be set out soon...

Bangladesh to play in Pakistan

<!-- author -->
<DL class=clear id=author><!--dt>http://banglacricket.com/images/author.jpg</dt--><DD><!--strong>Former Australian Captain</strong --><CITE>March 11, 2008</CITE> </DD></DL><!-- // author -->
<!-- // lead story --><!-- story body -->BANGLADESH have agreed in principle to play a one-day series in Pakistan next month after Australia postponed their Test tour because of security concerns.
The world champions were due to visit Pakistan at the end of this month for a 30-day tour but put the trip on hold after a spate of suicide bombings following the assassination of opposition leader Benazir Bhutto late last year.
Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Nasim Ashraf told a news conference that although Bangladesh were set to play next month, Pakistan were hoping the postponed series against Australia would be held soon.
"The series will be some time in April," he said, referring to the Bangladesh tour, adding the venues and dates would be worked out in the next few days.
"We hope to host Australia for a full series before we go to there in late 2009," Ashraf said.
"They took their decision after much deliberations and we accept that. We just want to hold this series soon."
Ashraf hoped the Australian's tour postponement would not affect the organisation of the Asia Cup in June or other ICC future tour programmes in Pakistan, including the Champions Trophy in September.
"We maintain conditions are still conducive to hold cricket events in Pakistan," he said
"Our security plans have also been very good. Teams have toured Pakistan in recent times and have had no problems. The Australians have based their decision on their own assessment of security situation in Pakistan."
The PCB chief added that he did not feel Australia's decision had anything to do with their players appearing in the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament in April.
Reuters"

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 05:41 AM
source plz

Nocturnal
March 11, 2008, 05:50 AM
source - fox sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23359266-23212,00.html)

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 05:56 AM
great ! Would the players who are signed up for IPL, be available to play in April !

rickshaman
March 11, 2008, 06:07 AM
nobody other dan razzak did :P

zainab
March 11, 2008, 06:24 AM
I hope Razak will still play for BD when they are playing international cricket. I think that is the way it works.After all, he is contracted to BCB

IPL players are not even guaranteed a place in the team.

tiger_army
March 11, 2008, 06:47 AM
I love to see some action against the Pakis.......Its been long time we have faced against them......

Miraz
March 11, 2008, 08:59 AM
Bangladesh will play 5 match ODI series and one Twenty20 in April. Details itinerary of the series will be announced soon.

mahbubH
March 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks Aussie for cancelling the PAK tour!!

Ajfar
March 11, 2008, 10:09 AM

i was gonna say the same thingg.they shud cancel couple moree...

akabir77
March 11, 2008, 10:10 AM
i wish they played some test or at least 4 dayers...

desirocker
March 11, 2008, 10:11 AM
Wow, more ODIs for us... looking forward to it.

lamisa
March 11, 2008, 10:15 AM
i wud luv to watch them play!!!!!!

cricket_pagol
March 11, 2008, 10:33 AM
Bangladesh will play 5 match ODI series and one Twenty20 in April. Details itinerary of the series will be announced soon.

thanks for bringing news from the future!!! I am really looking forward to this series

Miraz
March 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
thanks for bringing news from the future!!! I am really looking forward to this series

:)

I have received two press releases today confirming the 5 match ODI series and one Twenty20.

ahaque
March 11, 2008, 10:45 AM
cricinfo confirmed it. if we could get a test in that would be great but im pretty content with 5 ODIs and a T20.

BANFAN
March 11, 2008, 10:58 AM
Does BD have a chance to win this series ?

Fazal
March 11, 2008, 11:03 AM

:-D

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 11:06 AM
ummm...no, but I do think we can win a match or two!

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
FIVE match series? Awesome!

WarWolf
March 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
Abar jigai :-D

Nafis_BD
March 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
Great news. 1st SA then Ireland and then Pakistan. This is great. The more we play the better chance we have. Thanks a bunch Aussies.

nasimul
March 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricinfo (http://content-www.cricinfo.com/pakvaus/content/story/342000.html)

5 ODI series and one 20-20 in april.........It will be great to win some matches

Roni_uk
March 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
Ohh God.. same old torture & torment all over again... same old low score.. same old defeats.. same old bashing threads.. same old sleepless nights.. this time 5 times in a row!!!.. luv it :P

sandpiper
March 11, 2008, 11:58 AM
ami ekta bepar bujlam na :umm:
amader cricketer der security nia ki BCB r kono mathabetha nai ? :confused:

Beamer
March 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
Thats a great news for us. Looking forward to that series. How many debutants you think we will have in that series?

cleazer
March 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
This is great news.
Thank you Australia!!!

cricket_dorshok
March 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
Thats a great news!

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 12:22 PM
great stuff ! Go Aussies !

nasimul
March 11, 2008, 12:27 PM

Karon boma amader desheo fute oidesheo fute.....

Rabz
March 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Good for us.
The way things are in Pakistan now, we might as well have a permanent team over there, to fill up thier international media obligations.

These days our BCB XI is doing pretty good.
So, we should send the national team to pakistan and keep the bcb xi to play other nations.

ialbd
March 11, 2008, 12:51 PM

u know we like big brother and small brother, if one boma is futey we both die.... inshAllah.....

zainab
March 11, 2008, 01:32 PM
They will play much better against Pakistan than South Africa and NZ. They have played many of these players in the quadrangle games in kenya last year and also 20/20 match in SA, would have won that match if they did not have those silly runouts, where they could have put an extra 25 runs on the board.
I am surethat Zunaid will shine once again.

kalpurush
March 11, 2008, 01:54 PM
Thats a great news for us. Looking forward to that series. How many debutants you think we will have in that series?
A great news in deed. :)

Debutants = 0
The current team is good enough to make a suicidal case for the Paki!:D

kalpurush
March 11, 2008, 01:57 PM
Good for us.
The way things are in Pakistan now, we might as well have a permanent team over there, to fill up thier international media obligations.

These days our BCB XI is doing pretty good.
So, we should send the national team to pakistan and keep the bcb xi to play other nations.
Jobbor Idea!!!:lol:

kalpurush
March 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
Amader moto chunuputider niye Alkhaidader kuno mathabetha nai. Jane eta news hobe na!!?:notworthy:

Omio
March 11, 2008, 02:12 PM
Good news for me,
Will enjoy some live action in some free site..
Some kannakati by our new member for free link..
Some competetio by pur member for open the match thread..
and lot more fun..

Nocturnal
March 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
if anyone cares about the views of the other side - link!! (http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=54195)

tanim3960
March 11, 2008, 04:33 PM
Rock on dude! we are ready.....................

ialbd
March 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
keu ekjon 'Ban vs Pak 1st ODI Match Thread' khule felen....

Shobha
March 11, 2008, 05:07 PM
i was reading an article about this on this website, and it litrally stated "Minnows bangladesh have stepped in for austrailia":hairpull:

reyme
March 11, 2008, 05:08 PM
My only question is who are the umpires?

Antora
March 11, 2008, 05:09 PM
yes!!! more ODI's!!! woot!
finally Pakistan! :-D

reyme
March 11, 2008, 05:09 PM
i was reading an article about this on this website, and it litrally stated "Minnows bangladesh have stepped in for austrailia":hairpull:

Dont worry, this time we will make them minnows :smug:

Antora
March 11, 2008, 05:10 PM

*sigh* amra ekhono minow!!! the way we are performing....we will remain minows!!!

:(

Dhakablues
March 11, 2008, 05:36 PM
Minnow'r nichey ki achey agey thekey dekhey nin bhai... Oi shobdotaw ashbey jokhon dekhbey Zimbabwe'r cheyeo kom score kori amra... ( somone slap me!!)

proxdj
March 11, 2008, 06:30 PM
Pakistan has some young cricketers and we can take advantage of that and snatch a victory or two. I don't thing we are in place to win the series but it will benefit our players.

sonarbangla
March 11, 2008, 07:12 PM
our team needs victory .. otherwise their confident level will shatter. even before the new zeland tour, i used to have a faith on our team.. now even i don get tht confidence to say tht they will do better.. :( sigh.. something is missing..

anyways, why didn't BCB invited pakiz to visit Bangladesh, rather than our boys going there? I don't think Pakistan is tht safe either..

Russell2k7
March 11, 2008, 09:39 PM
:)

I have received two press releases today confirming the 5 match ODI series and one Twenty20.
Oh damned, we get 5 odis against Pak? Nice. I just hope we don't get Royal Flushed in there .

Kabir
March 11, 2008, 11:28 PM
Pakistan has some young cricketers and we can take advantage of that and snatch a victory or two. I don't thing we are in place to win the series but it will benefit our players.

Bhaijan...fankha gojaiche mone hoy? eto uchute ural partachen...foille koilam powa te koshto paiben!

nsd3
March 12, 2008, 01:38 AM
A whitewash might bring us back on earth! :-D

Johnnybhoy
March 12, 2008, 05:01 AM
what are the dates of these fixtures? does any one know?

Murad
March 12, 2008, 02:33 PM
Thats good.

We should play against teams like Pakistan, West Indies more often.

They are now weaker than the other top teams.

auntu
March 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
we r minnows

it is the performance that count

Johnnybhoy
March 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Dates?

One World
March 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
Its umpiring at the early stage of the game. If we get lucky to achieve decent umpiring we can always put up a fight.

jisaan
March 14, 2008, 01:21 PM

now let them pull out from the CHAMPIONS' TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!!

crikfreak
March 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
why does bangladesh hv to play when the rest can back out?????? i mean....isn't there like any value for our players.........they might not be too good a team.....but atleast they can play....and i feel the life of every person in this world id important to someone or the other..............so why not our players???????? australia can back out for the series.........so why on earth does bd have to go ahead and play????????? if anything happens to our players..............i'm going to fly over to pakistan..........and kill every member in the pcb...........but if something happens to ash........i might reconsider.......if its ash..i'll fly over to pak, bash up the pcb instead of killikng them.....and especially if something happens to them......i'm not only going to kill the pcb but i'll make sure each of them receive totally brutal treatments

oh what the heck..........like i'll ever be able to do all tht.....but if something does happen to mash..........the pcb are seriously dead!!

Sovik
March 14, 2008, 01:31 PM
why does bangladesh hv to play when the rest can back out?????? i mean....isn't there like any value for our players.........they might not be too good a team.....but atleast they can play....and i feel the life of every person in this world id important to someone or the other..............so why not our players???????? australia can back out for the series.........so why on earth does bd have to go ahead and play????????? if anything happens to our players..............i'm going to fly over to pakistan..........and kill every member in the pcb...........but if something happens to ash........i might reconsider.......if its ash..i'll fly over to pak, bash up the pcb instead of killikng them.....and especially if something happens to them......i'm not only going to kill the pcb but i'll make sure each of them receive totally brutal treatments

oh what the heck..........like i'll ever be able to do all tht.....but if something does happen to mash..........the pcb are seriously dead!!

you are using way too many dots. its really hard to read

scoilaheez
March 14, 2008, 05:41 PM

It is more of a political issue, but basically the Aus cricket team is more likely to be a target, as they are a 'western' country and so our bd team will not be a target to any terrorist organization as killing Ash or Mash will not achieve anything for them. But the Aus team would make headlines worldwide, even USA.

BANFAN
March 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
May be pak wants to increase their ranking by winning 5 ODI against us. Hope oder bara bhate chai dite pare amader team. possible but not feeling so confident, given the condition of our team.

Eshen
March 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
May be pak wants to increase their ranking by winning 5 ODI against us.
I don't think PCB or Pakistani cricketers are immature enough to care so much about ICC ranking. Pakistan would have preferred to play against a stronger side, but had to settle for Bangladesh as no other team is available.

Playing against Bangladesh is better than not playing at all. Regardless how poorly Bangladesh plays, PCB will still make money from tv rights and their players will be paid standard ODI match fees.

bdchamp20
March 15, 2008, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have the official dates...CricInfo te khuje pailam na

tanim3960
March 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
PCB will soon announce the date as they are in talk with BCB.
I was watching Boyshaki yesterday they mention the Series and Bangladesh have agreed to play there.

Ten sports has the right for Pakistan cricket. they were originally schedule for Aussi Tour due to its cancellation this coming series will be broadcasted by them

PCB is trying to arrenge the series before IPLbecause major players will be participated there.

Murad
March 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
Bangladesh will leave Dhaka in the first week of April.

nsd3
March 16, 2008, 05:30 PM
PCB is planning to give chances to some youngsters:

Pakistan to try out youngsters
Cricinfo
Pakistan will try out youngsters for the five one-dayers against Bangladesh next month at home. But though some new players will be given a chance, chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed said Pakistan would not take Bangladesh lightly.
‘They can be a dangerous team on their day,’ Salahuddin told the News, a Pakistan daily. ‘For us the most important task would be to win the series and win comfortably.’
After Australia decided to postpone their tour of Pakistan, the PCB searched for a team to replace them for a five-match ODI series. The PCB was keen on India to play the matches but the BCCI could not fit another series in to an already jam-packed itinerary.
In their recent ODIs against Zimbabwe, Pakistan tried out opener Nasir Jamshed, bowlers Abdur Rauf, Junaid Zia, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Khurram Manzoor and Khalid Latif. They also played wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmed for the last two games in place of regular keeper Kamran Akmal.
But Salahuddin said Pakistan would not take any chances in playing Bangladesh. ‘Bangladesh proved they are a good one-day side by reaching the last-eight in the World Cup,’ he said. Bangladesh beat India and South Africa in the tournament while Pakistan, along with India, made an exit in the first round.
The Pakistan selectors will meet members of the junior national selection committee on March 21 for advice on the young talent available in the country and announce the squad by the end of the month.

Source: New Age

zainab
March 17, 2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, this is a chance for them to try out their youngsters against BD and also they are hoping for wins, so they can climb back to NO 6 position in the ODI table, so BD is much easier pickings than Australia.They easily beat Zimbabwe and hoping for the same wins again.

I only hope that BD players is aware of this and give them a good fight and win matches.
I hope BD does not drop Rasel here, and IMO should have Rahim in the squad.

Eshen
March 17, 2008, 09:15 PM
"According to the unofficial itinerary, the opening match of the series will be played on April 9 in Lahore which will also host the second one-dayer on April 11.

The rest of the ODIs will be played on April 14 (Faisalabad) and April 17 and 20 (Rawalpindi). Karachi will host the only T20 match on April 22. It will be the first Twenty20 International to be held in Pakistani soil."

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=101840