PDA

View Full Version : ash needs brain surgery

al Furqaan
March 11, 2008, 10:54 PM
6-1 and he plays a hook, that too of a ball outside off. he hadn't gotten is eye in, and he was already nearly out.

..... should be whipped publicly.

RezOne
March 11, 2008, 10:59 PM
I was too afraid to say this earlier when I first started watching him play, but I feel like Ashraful really has mental issues. I don't know what it is may adhd??? I don't know but I don't think a normal person would do the things he keeps on doing. He might be one of those crazy genuises or something. I can't think of any other logical explanation for his style of play. It's pure craziness to me.

wiseshah
March 11, 2008, 11:09 PM
chi esob bolena. ash is our captain. we should always stick behind him. he is our assraful

Kabir
March 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
Allah maaf koruk...Asaad, oshukh er details ta bolba ektu? May be Shaad bhai can help diagnose it more thoroughly!

tanim3960
March 11, 2008, 11:28 PM
Let me tell u some thing the way it is going i think we are the worst ODI side right now in ICC. i would not be surprise if Ireland beat us in the cmming ODI series.
if that happen Ireland will be ahed of us in ranking.

al-Sagar
March 12, 2008, 04:12 AM
Ashraful er baseball khela laagbe

Fazal
March 12, 2008, 04:54 AM
chi esob bolena. ash is our captain. we should always stick behind him. he is our assraful

Don't worry ... we are already sticking too many batsman behind him in the team to cover his rear, so that he can continue to show his magic in the team and wow the fans. It will be always someone else fault for our batting failure who will be dropped in the next game. We are waiting for eid...no?

Shobur... shobur.... shoburey mewa falley...

Omio
March 12, 2008, 05:03 AM
He tried to get another wk by his historical ball double bounce,
he should know - everyday is not Sunday.

crickwizard
March 12, 2008, 05:06 AM
Let me tell u some thing the way it is going i think we are the worst ODI side right now in ICC. i would not be surprise if Ireland beat us in the cmming ODI series.
if that happen Ireland will be ahed of us in ranking.

nah, Ireland won't be able to beat BD in BD regardless who is captain. Ireland will have hard time playing in BD due to conditioning

crickwizard
March 12, 2008, 05:09 AM
6-1 and he plays a hook, that too of a ball outside off. he hadn't gotten is eye in, and he was already nearly out.

... should be whipped publicly.

Frustrating, isn't it? One would think this guy would grow up *someday* but he is getting dumber everyday... not sure if this is something that can be fixed. Even Irfan Pathan's ODI average is better than him and we still think he is the most talented. What is the value of talent if there is no output

Fazal
March 12, 2008, 05:20 AM
What is the value of talent if there is no output

Shhhhhh.... don't ask this question. Its a NO No question to ask here.

bulbul_fan
March 12, 2008, 05:52 AM
ashrful need to go to bana to give tips to the pabna mentals and be a permenent member and coach of the PMHCH( pabna mental hospital cricket Club)

Omio
March 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
Ash brain surgery-

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/02-06/0204rel_zoo.jpg

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:04 AM
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="446"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">2.1</td> <td width="100%">Nel to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, Superb judgment at the boundary.... Nel bangs it in short outside the offstump, Ashraful is tempted into the hook, he fails to get the desired elevation to clear long-leg and Albie Morkel runs across from fine leg, fixes his gaze on the ball and takes it on the slide with both hands just inches away from the rope </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> Mohammad Ashraful c Morkel b Nel 0 (10m 4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

what if it was a six?

tonoy
March 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
No time for what ifs. There is no excuse for such a shot at that stage.

crickwizard
March 12, 2008, 06:08 AM
what if it was a six?

Why a six after playing just 3 balls? why not a four, single or double?:)

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:08 AM
No time for what ifs. There is no excuse for such a shot at that stage.

he has done that few times, remember his hook against shaun pollock in afro-asia cup. asia had lost 2 wickets in that over and that [] came in and hooked pollock to get out.

its hard to believe that he has played over 100 ODIs

bulbul_fan
March 12, 2008, 06:09 AM
exactly..it was because of his nonsense action that IFs come in between!

One World
What is the value of talent if there is no output

No bidding in IPL, 0 USD and humiliation. Output provides 50000USD instead.

Fazal
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="446"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">2.1</td> <td width="100%">Nel to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, Superb judgment at the boundary.... Nel bangs it in short outside the offstump, Ashraful is tempted into the hook, he fails to get the desired elevation to clear long-leg and Albie Morkel runs across from fine leg, fixes his gaze on the ball and takes it on the slide with both hands just inches away from the rope </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> Mohammad Ashraful c Morkel b Nel 0 (10m 4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

what if it was a six?

ya what's if its a Eid? Huh?

The problem is there is big IF and what happens next? In BIG league bowlers go with a game plan... and thats why miracle doesn't happen that often.

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:13 AM
Why a six after playing just 3 balls? why not a four, single or double?:)

that was a bad shot to play, its not that the fine leg was in the circle, but what i am saying is what if that was a six, then we would have clapped, jumped and said what a wonderful batsman he is. it was a trap and he fall for it and not for the first time.

i have been watching him bat for last couple of years and he is making same mistakes over and over again. its like Déjà vu

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:15 AM
He is a complete []. don't know how long do i have to see him humiliating us. since we don't have aftab in the team, he shouldn't have sent himself up the order.

Antora
March 12, 2008, 06:15 AM
Ash is smoking something!!!! he made tamim ball like WTF!!!! next think you'll know Nafees will be bowling :-|

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 06:16 AM
Ash is smoking something!!!! he made tamim ball like WTF!!!! next think you'll know Nafees will be bowling :-|

only 1 needed off 12 with 7 wickets in hand. he just wanted to finish this game early.

germany
March 12, 2008, 06:30 AM
he doesnt need any surgery, just drop him off from the captaincy, thats all

BCB needs a brain sergery basically

nsd3
March 12, 2008, 06:36 AM
Cricbuzz mentioned this in the summary at the end of 2nd ODI today:

"The captaincy was pretty dismal today and Ashraful never made the right moves, firstly he never plugged the singles and secondly, he didn't attack as well. Poor tactics along with some poor batting hands the Proteas an ODI series win." Also he removed Razzak just when he seemed to be lethal and also scattered the field giving easy singles to SA.

zainab
March 12, 2008, 07:24 AM
Ashraful was experimeting how to get more wickets. It seems that only Razzak did something. Rasel and mash was a no show. I thought that bowling was their strengtrh, they seem to lose it on their own pitch.

Miraz
March 12, 2008, 07:30 AM
Ash lack education, a proper cricket education.

What a waste!!!

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 07:39 AM
when will get a smart captain?

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2008, 07:56 AM
inches from the rope? are you kidding me? Whoever made that comment didn't see the ball while typing away.

Can someone quote him on why Mash was dropped? He needs to drop himself now.

Sovik
March 12, 2008, 08:00 AM
his brain needs an acupuncture

zainab
March 12, 2008, 08:04 AM

What a waste!!!

So sad to see a good talent like Ash going down the drain. i feel so sorry for him. He should have never accepted the captaincy.

Well now i believe my friend who read his horoscope. Do not expect anything from Ash until after his next birthday. his planetary system has a lot to do with his performance
and we are seeing it, that is the reason i am not upset, but very sad for him.
He has taken five steps back instead of 5 steps forward, and sometimes dont matter how hard one tries, it never works.

I am a great supporter of Ash since I saw this little genius in 2001, and I will still support him.

WarWolf
March 12, 2008, 08:17 AM
I need a brain suregery too.

Reason?
well.... I know these [] will continue to humiliate us. Yet I am following their every move wasting valuable time. I need to fix the problem in my brain.

Fazal
March 12, 2008, 08:18 AM
I feel for the bangladesh Team, who is the victim here. Fans, coach and the selectors all encouraged Ash to play the way he plays...they sent wrong signal all the way... and continue to do so. They give the signal that its ok to.... and stupidness is accepcted as long as you give us two Eids once in a while.... its ok to not peform most of the time.... we will pad you...find some other scape goat each time....you don't need to learn... you dont need to adjust.... you don't need to be benched.... just give us two Eids..... you lack education, a proper cricket education, commen sense ? Who cares... you have talent that should be enough for a slot in the team.... you are shaky? Don't worry we would even solidify your slot by awarding you the Captaincy..... who dares even suggesting getting rid of you?

So yes... we deserve what we a getting..... and we will continue to do so unless we realize and stop sending the wrong message to players like Ash.....

mildwind
March 12, 2008, 08:56 AM
Don't worry ... we are already sticking too many batsman behind him in the team to cover his rear, so that he can continue to show his magic in the team and wow the fans. It will be always someone else fault for our batting failure who will be dropped in the next game. We are waiting for eid...no?

Shobur... shobur.... shoburey mewa falley...

:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

urbi
March 12, 2008, 09:08 AM
Only big talk ...(i.e we play better next game, batsman let us down, bla. bla.) from Ash...total mental case...look at his average..his temparment...his cleverness....if we test his IQ and mental age it belongs to a 10 years old ....i would recommend to examine him...to find out why he is mental..

urbi
March 12, 2008, 09:13 AM
his brain needs an acupuncture

ha..ha...ha..best comment...acupunture on the double..

Spitfire_x86
March 12, 2008, 09:20 AM
I know it sounds crazy, but Ash should always play like that. He doesn't have common sense anyway, so it's better for him and us if stops pretending to be responsible and throws caution to the wind from the 1st delivery. It's better than watching him throw away his wicket after 30 balls of blocking, which fetches only 10-12 runs. With "jodi laigga jai" type of batting from 1st delivery, at least we get something when we're lucky.

DotBall
March 12, 2008, 09:45 AM
I know it sounds crazy, but Ash should always play like that. He doesn't have common sense anyway, so it's better for him and us if stops pretending to be responsible and throws caution to the wind from the 1st delivery. It's better than watching him throw away his wicket after 30 balls of blocking, which fetches only 10-12 runs. With "jodi laigga jai" type of batting from 1st delivery, at least we get something when we're lucky.

Amen to that.
He lacks any other application other than wham-bam-thank-you-mam. Trying to change him beyond his means would only bring low score from him. My suggestion to BCB is that if you don't like the way Ash plays his cricket find a replacement for him.

Fazal
March 12, 2008, 09:58 AM
:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::-D

sandpiper
March 12, 2008, 10:16 AM
There is something in the world called common sense and it doesnt require any formal training.

What a waste!!!

Murad
March 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
Ash needs to get dropped and then play for A-team in June. Period.

He has a lot to learn. He was drafted to the International cricket very early and that is the reason he is doing bad. I dont know who was the selector back then. They made so many mistakes in the past and still making mistakes by bringing teenagers in the National squad..

Ashraful should just step down himself and also ask the selector to keep him out of the national team for next 5-6 months. I'm sure he will learn a lot in the mean time. He will learn get his basics right. He should also join the academy.

Beamer
March 12, 2008, 02:22 PM

What a waste!!!

Indeed. But, who does among us? Maybe the future kids coming up one day. One must be a student of the game. If you are a captain, more so. Unfortunate.

urbi
March 13, 2008, 10:40 AM
Ash' s comment in The daily star....

"Actually I think my batting has improved since I have got the role. What I think is that luck has hardly favoured me"

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27438

thebest
March 13, 2008, 10:59 AM

..... should be whipped publicly.
Does he has a brain? I do not think so

detroitpagla
March 13, 2008, 11:06 AM
bro thanks so much for putting up the thread lolz i was thinking the same; ash needs brain surgery or a surgery that will zip his big mouth
I told u guys b4 that Ashraful's comments are just funny jokes to me; if i have long day at work/school I read the articles that he made comments on lolz :onethephone:

Rifat
March 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
i think ashraful played a good shot, was really unlucky... i don't think he needs brain surgery, he needs excellent luck!most of his recent dismissals were from bad luck, so there is something wrong threre indeed, he needs to just refocus his game.

i feel every bite of frustration from every fan out there, i don't blame you this time for opening a thread like this, we love ashraful and we want the best for him, we feel terribly sorry when he fails to perform, simple as that! we want to see a good looking ashraful soon and it will happen inshallah

Rifat
March 13, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ash' s comment in The daily star....

"Actually I think my batting has improved since I have got the role. What I think is that luck has hardly favoured me"

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27438

i agree with this comment wholeheartedly, but responsibility plays a huge role here too...

detroitpagla
March 13, 2008, 11:37 AM
Rifat has a good point that Ashraful has bad lucks: Recently 2nd odi in NZ J.Oram caught him in the deep/2nd odi SA he got caught cuz of tall out fielders. Also, I've seen few umpires giving OUT on wrong decision.
Suggestions: Talk to Tamim and find out what he takes to improve his luck. Tamim is the most lucky batsman I've ever seen.

cricket_dorshok
March 13, 2008, 11:41 AM
Does he has a brain? I do not think so
humm, brain e nai to abar surgery kiser?

Beamer
March 13, 2008, 11:53 AM
Rifat has a good point that Ashraful has bad lucks: Recently 2nd odi in NZ J.Oram caught him in the deep/2nd odi SA he got caught cuz of tall out fielders. Also, I've seen few umpires giving OUT on wrong decision.
Suggestions: Talk to Tamim and find out what he takes to improve his luck. Tamim is the most lucky batsman I've ever seen.

Ash had his share of bad lucks with dismissals since the NZ tour till now. That is a fact. He was at the wrong end of a few unfortunate umpiring decisions and few catches were also dubious. But, that happens in cricket. Since luck is not with him at the moment, what he needs to do is create his own lucks. He can start by not playing in the air! He is good enough to hit boundaries along the ground. But, try getting that through his thick head..

LateCut
March 13, 2008, 12:22 PM
Surgery usually means subtraction of what may be there. He does not have any to spare. He cannot even speak in coherent sentences. Unless you are talking about brain transplant he is beyond repair. I do not blame him though. He has risen to his level incompetance. Thanks to our selctors.

LateCut
March 13, 2008, 12:25 PM
By the way, I think Siddon should banish hooks and pulls from the play book of BD batsmen.

Beamer
March 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
By the way, I think Siddon should banish hooks and pulls from the play book of BD batsmen.

You can't banish the shot. Just need to use your brain. When a deep fielder is specifically posted at square-leg or deep-midwkt, one has to think twice before trying to hit sixes in the same area. If you continue to ignore the trap, percentages tend to catch up, leading to the inevitability. HaBa was the trailblazer in that area. He got out pulling many times straight to the trap. But, it also fetched a majority of his runs. Its not that hard to roll your wrists under when pulling. Its safe and you can get boundaries if hit in the gap. But, we want sixes! Thats the problem.

Spitfire_x86
March 13, 2008, 02:34 PM
That's one thing SN does well, playing pulls along the ground. One of the reasons for him not being too troubled with the short stuff in T2 1st innings.

Spitfire_x86
March 13, 2008, 02:37 PM
Playing pull (not hook) in the air is also relatively safe in powerplays, if the shot is middled + timed properly, as fielding teams usually don't place a fielder in deep-midwicket during that period.

reyme
March 13, 2008, 03:14 PM
You can't banish the shot. Just need to use your brain. When a deep fielder is specifically posted at square-leg or deep-midwkt, one has to think twice before trying to hit sixes in the same area. .

My thought exactly. Just analyze the fielding setup and select your shots accordingly. Etodin hoye gelo, ei common sense tao matha ashlo na....

reyme
March 13, 2008, 03:14 PM
You can't banish the shot. Just need to use your brain. When a deep fielder is specifically posted at square-leg or deep-midwkt, one has to think twice before trying to hit sixes in the same area. .

After all these years he still makes the same mistakes over and over. What does he do anyways when the opposition batsmen batting and he is fielding. I dont think with somany years in the filed watching the greatest basmen play, scoring hunderds, one can learn so much so that he probably should not even need a coach!

auntu
March 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
So, we r up to surgery?

I agree it wasn’t the proper time to play that shoot

germany
March 13, 2008, 04:00 PM
we keep talking about his batting ...
what about his captaincy for choosing the wong bowlers, fielding settings,
keeping off the leathal bowlers, taking powerplay at a wrong time ...
just wrong decision after another, and all these cost our match at the end

he simply has to stop being greedy about his salary (like bashar)
and give up the captaincy and concentrate his batting only
also has to give up his tendulkar all rounder dream with that ridiculous legbreak!

akabir77
March 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
he just needs some more knowledge and education on cricket.

he sees the ball pretty early cause of his talent
but
he doesn't know why the ball is dropping short or something cause of his lack of knowledge.

al Furqaan
March 13, 2008, 10:08 PM
You can't banish the shot. Just need to use your brain. When a deep fielder is specifically posted at square-leg or deep-midwkt, one has to think twice before trying to hit sixes in the same area. If you continue to ignore the trap, percentages tend to catch up, leading to the inevitability. HaBa was the trailblazer in that area. He got out pulling many times straight to the trap. But, it also fetched a majority of his runs. Its not that hard to roll your wrists under when pulling. Its safe and you can get boundaries if hit in the gap. But, we want sixes! Thats the problem.

to be honest, i am starting to re-think how "dumb" that shot was now.

contrary to your post, morkel was NOT at deep MW or at SL, he was at FL (fine leg).

the fielder was a lanky guy who was at fine leg. perhaps positioned cuz of his paddle scoops. as spitty says, aerial stuff is OK in powerplay when 9 are inside the ring. what ash did was not middle the ball and as a result it lobbed up in the air and had the hangtime of a craig heintrich punt. thus morkel easily covered the 20-30 yards from FL to LL and took the catch. a shorter, slower fielder would prolly have netted ash 6 runs. either that or he had to have middled the ball rather than get a toppish edge.

Kamnew
March 14, 2008, 12:01 AM
I think ash needs a break

Tintin
March 14, 2008, 12:07 AM
he just needs some more knowledge and education on cricket.

When and how will that happen ? He has played 40+ Tests and 100+ ODIs in seven years of international cricket ?

WarWolf
March 14, 2008, 12:22 AM
Ash needs a** surgery. He doesn't have the brain in his head, it's there in his a**.