PDA

View Full Version : Do our beloved Ash needs rest?

BD-Shardul
March 12, 2008, 01:03 AM
What do you think guys? I think our keptin saheb needs rest.:-D

Dhurr
March 12, 2008, 01:25 AM
No, he does not. What are you trying to do? Bring debutant #5 in this series? Even Australia cannot afford to do that, so how can Bangladesh?

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 01:29 AM
yeah, ash needs a break for 3 years:-D

al Furqaan
March 12, 2008, 01:58 AM
no...he always plays like this. its not a question of form. its that of mental willpower.

Murad
March 12, 2008, 02:07 AM
He's my favorite player. He's the reason I follow every matches.

But I think he needs breaks from International cricket. He should go back to get his basics rights. He needs to see a psychologist as well.

I think it will be better for him if he plays for A-team for around a year then come back to the national team with consistent performance. I think he will learn a lot if he plays for the A-team.

Shaan
March 12, 2008, 02:09 AM
yes most needed break.. talent dia ki pani khamu jodi service dite na pare. forume ke ekjon bolchilo 10-12 bar try korle je keu run korthe pare jekunodin, emonki ei forumer jekuno member. kintu Ashrafull 10-12 try-eo kam hoithachena..

tonoy
March 12, 2008, 02:09 AM
I say place him at #7. hes wasting a good #3 and 4 spot IMO. like he wouldve been great after raqib and dhiman got out. hell always play carelessly so might as well place him on a spot which could come in handy. Treat him like how pakistan have had treated afridi. They knew they could never change the way he would bat, so might as well give him a spot where he could actually come into play.

BD-Shardul
March 12, 2008, 02:17 AM
no...he always plays like this. its not a question of form. its that of mental willpower.

No, it is a matter of jodi laigga jai..:-D

WarWolf
March 12, 2008, 02:18 AM
I don't think it will change any thing at all.

BD-Shardul
March 12, 2008, 02:18 AM
I think it will be better for him if he plays for A-team for around a year then come back to the national team with consistent performance. I think he will learn a lot if he plays for the A-team.

Now national team captain going to play for A team :-D

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 02:19 AM
. hell always play carelessly so might as well place him on a spot which could come in handy.

if he plays carelessly then why he is in the team? I would pick mahmudullah riyad instead of ashraful.

BD-Shardul
March 12, 2008, 02:21 AM
I say place him at #7. hes wasting a good #3 and 4 spot IMO. like he wouldve been great after raqib and dhiman got out. hell always play carelessly so might as well place him on a spot which could come in handy. Treat him like how pakistan have had treated afridi. They knew they could never change the way he would bat, so might as well give him a spot where he could actually come into play.

Careless but we made him our captain :-D

Afridi also plays Dhum Dharakka cricket, but he is not as careless as Mohammad Ashraful and is way more consistent than Ash. He rescued PAK many times.

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 02:21 AM
I don't think it will change any thing at all.

it will change, if you pick mahmudullah riyad or rajin salesh.. atleast they can score 30 valuable runs

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 02:22 AM
Careless but we made him our captain :-D

Afridi also plays Dhum Dharakka cricket, but he is not as careless as Mohammad Ashraful and is way more consistent than Ash. He rescued PAK many times.

100% agree

Spitfire_x86
March 12, 2008, 02:29 AM
Afridi is way more careless than Ashraful, and unlike him he doesn't pretend to be careful. Add better natural ability to clear the field, and you know why he is more successful.

arifur81
March 12, 2008, 02:34 AM
yeah, ash needs a break for 3 years:-D

Nare bahi 3 years na 5 years like the goverment.:lol::lol::lol:

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 02:43 AM
Afridi is way more careless than Ashraful, and unlike him he doesn't pretend to be careful. Add better natural ability to clear the field, and you know why he is more successful.

dude, he is careless but not that carless like ashraful. he's in the team because he can score some quick runs like 30, 25 at the end, and can ball well.

what about ash? Rather than throwing wickets

Sohel
March 12, 2008, 02:55 AM
NO ! Beacuse: 1) he is still the best we've got, and 2) he's the captain.

The guy who REALLY needs a break from ODIs is none other than Shahriar Nafees Ahmed ! Why? Just look at his last 10 ODI innings against stronger sides. He is averaging ONLY 8.7 runs per innings, and if we measure his consistency, that number becomes 6.75 !!! ... :floor:

Ash by comparison is third below Tamim (30.8/28.25) with 20 and 16.25 among active players. MaMu is second with 17.6 and 16.3, and Moyna is now fourth with 16.1 and 13.63.

Give Abir an active break and let him have a few good knocks at the PLC before trying him at MIDDLE ORDER against any side with a decent new ball attack.

Please don't make me calculate his ODI numbers against decent sides while going back further. If yawl like him so much, take him out on a date. Enough of the double standard !

Johnnybhoy
March 12, 2008, 04:56 AM
Very interesting.

Rabz
March 12, 2008, 04:58 AM
Break or no break, it wont change Ash.

Fazal
March 12, 2008, 05:02 AM
Who ? Ash needs a break?

Nooooo..way.... there is always too many scape goat in the team to take the blame for Ash... today Zunaid, tomorrow SN, ... the next day it will be Tamim or Skaib, the following day it will be Rokibul or Nazim, next it will be Dhiman's faulit...or Shahadat. Mashrafee or Razzak;s turn to sit for their failure.

But Ash? No way.....how the fans will survive without him? They are in LOVE with him you know.... he can do no wrong even he scores golla.... its golden golla.. it must be someone else' fault for our anemic bating order.

crickwizard
March 12, 2008, 05:03 AM
he needs few BJ to calm him down before batting

tonoy
March 12, 2008, 05:33 AM
Who ? Ash needs a break?

Nooooo..way.... there is always too many scape goat in the team to take the blame for Ash... today Zunaid, tomorrow SN, ... the next day it will be Tamim or Skaib, the following day it will be Rokibul or Nazim, next it will be Dhiman's faulit...or Shahadat. Mashrafee or Razzak;s turn to sit for their failure.

But Ash? No way.....how the fans will survive without him? They are in LOVE with him you know.... he can do no wrong even he scores golla.... its golden golla.. it must be someone else' fault for our anemic bating order.

:floor: dude, about time finally someone I can agree with.

bulbul_fan
March 12, 2008, 05:55 AM
he was dropped b4 zim tour b4 a year or so..which has helped him a lot..he even scored a double ton thereafter...
I think similar thing should happen this time...let him b the captain for this series.....
nd drop him for Ireland Series and make Sakib as Captain!

germany
March 12, 2008, 06:24 AM
Razzak shd be the captain

zainab
March 12, 2008, 07:33 AM
They should bring back Mushy and make him the captain. He was the captain of the U19 team and has a sound cricketing brain.

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2008, 09:00 AM
no rest, just dropped.

He is worse than Afridi. No brains at all.

Miraz
March 12, 2008, 09:09 AM
Rest will do nothing to him.

It might put pressure on his batting, don't want to see another excuse. Enough already!

He should see a psychologist.... if he continues to do the same even after 10-12 sessions with the shrink ... he should be indefinitely dropped.

Fazal
March 12, 2008, 09:46 AM
.... if he continues to do the same even after 10-12 sessions with the shrink ... he should be indefinitely dropped.

Drop whom? The shrink?

Beacuse then people will come up with the excuse that its the shrink's fault for not fixing the problem.

zainab
March 12, 2008, 10:32 AM
Probably Ash might step down, then Sakib can be captain, might not be a bad idea if Ash is forced to resign instead of being fired by the BCB.

BD-Shardul
March 12, 2008, 02:59 PM
So, reading other threads and Ash's comments, I have concluded there is no need of break becasue Ash is just unfortunate. Nothing else.

Let's have a look:

T2 Innings 1: An unplayable delivery that even Ricky Pontig couldn't survive.
T2 Innings 2: Undone by a vicious bouncer again.
ODI 1: Bad decision from Moni.
ODI 2: Ash batted correctly, but the ball swing near the boundary line, and fielder take an excellent catch.

ODI 3: :-D

Murad
March 12, 2008, 03:13 PM
ODI three.. he will break all the records. He might break the record Sayed Anwar made long time before :-D

Ajfar
March 12, 2008, 09:46 PM
Razzak shd be the captain

u wanna screwup our only performing player..

mshakir56
March 12, 2008, 09:56 PM
IF he doesn't perform in the third match, we should call for his heads !

Rifat
March 12, 2008, 10:43 PM
ashraful is often unlucky... more unlucky than ever before:( i hope his streak of luck changes and the best happens for bangladesh cricket

although i do agree 1/2 day of rest complete relaxation of the body and mind would do not only him but the rest of the bangladeshi squad some good!

zainab
March 13, 2008, 07:59 AM
Ash should never change his N0 4 position, he should bat between N0 4 and 5, I think tat his nerves will be much steadier by then. He is suffering from a lack of nerves and uncertainty.

mildwind
March 13, 2008, 08:23 AM
NO ! Beacuse: 1) he is still the best we've got, and 2) he's the captain.

:wow::wow::floor::floor:. You guys are very consistent of what u expect from ashraful. Only that he does not have the consistency.

He can not perform with his batting consistently
He can not perform with his bowling consistently.
He should start doing wicket keeping. That might give us a reason why we should keep him rather than being able to say he is our captain.

mali007
March 13, 2008, 08:32 AM
Not this series but it would be prudent to rest him against minnow like Ireland series.

Fazal
March 13, 2008, 08:35 AM
So, reading other threads and Ash's comments, I have concluded there is no need of break becasue Ash is just unfortunate. Nothing else.

Let's have a look:

T2 Innings 1: An unplayable delivery that even Ricky Pontig couldn't survive.
T2 Innings 2: Undone by a vicious bouncer again.
ODI 1: Bad decision from Moni.
ODI 2: Ash batted correctly, but the ball swing near the boundary line, and fielder take an excellent catch.

ODI 3: :-D

Either its unplayable, bad decision, etc. etc.

Why Bad luck follows Ash all the time? May be he need Pir babar Pani to get rid the evil spirit.

Sohel
March 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't believe "resting" him will do him or our cricket any good. If it PROVES to, then PLEASE, by all means ...

That said and Albie Morkel's great catch notwithstanding, his TYPICALLY low-percentage shot at that stage of the game, and in light of our batting "performances" of late, was the height of irresponsibility. Totally unbecoming of a captain and the talismanic batsman of the side, and frankly way too DUMB to be excused in any way, shape or form !

mildwind
March 13, 2008, 11:12 AM
Rest will do nothing to him.

It might put pressure on his batting, don't want to see another excuse. Enough already!

He should see a psychologist.... if he continues to do the same even after 10-12 sessions with the shrink ... he should be indefinitely dropped.

agree agree...big time

cricket_dorshok
March 13, 2008, 11:38 AM
Drop or rest, nothing will change him. He was, is and will be a "jodi laigga jai" type cricketer.

view360
March 13, 2008, 12:58 PM
Ashraful might score a century tomorrrow and this will give him the Licence to Bullshi* for the next 20 innnings. Thus, He is likey to remain with the national side untill there are enough consistant real match winners arise. He is like the poor men's Lotto ticket. Each time we dream of hitting the jackpot.

BDFan07
March 14, 2008, 02:52 AM
Ashraful needs to be dropped from captaincy and also from the squad for sometime. The purpose should be to compel him to get his act together. In the current form he thinks that he is indispensible for the team and it has reached such a level that he has the audacity to blame other performing players (like Rafiqul Hassan) for the loss of the team. He has to realize that like any other player he also runs the risk of being dropped from the squad due to non-performance.

BD-Shardul
March 14, 2008, 03:27 AM
Mohammad Ashraful c Amla b JA Morkel 9 10 1 0 90.00

Can anyone shed some light on the ball that got Ash out?

Unplayable? Bouncer? Good Fielding? Thanks in anticipation :-D

scoilaheez
March 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
Do not drop Ash. That will not achieve anything! Let him play and get back into form by scoring some big runs. I am sure that every bd supporter feels the same touch of excitement when Ash comes to the crease hoping for a big one... keep believing it is just around the corner

Fazal
March 14, 2008, 06:58 PM
Mohammad Ashraful c Amla b JA Morkel 9 10 1 0 90.00

Can anyone shed some light on the ball that got Ash out?

Unplayable? Bouncer? Good Fielding? Thanks in anticipation :-D

Here is the comment by Bishwajit Roy (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27747)

And those who were hoping something from Ashraful's bat afterwards, were only disappointed. Without any doubt, it was a perfect delivery by Albie Morkel to pull but what the country's best batsman forgot was that he was not in good enough touch to go for the charge too early. Once again, the same old question arises: when will he understand his game? Based on that, looks like it was indeed a playbale ball, But the ball was not played perfectly by out-of-form Ash.

tonoy
March 14, 2008, 07:12 PM
Do not drop Ash. That will not achieve anything! Let him play and get back into form by scoring some big runs. I am sure that every bd supporter feels the same touch of excitement when Ash comes to the crease hoping for a big one... keep believing it is just around the corner

Oh right, we can afford to drop anyone in the team except for Ash regardless of how irresponsibly he plays. After all, Bangladesh cricket would never stand a chance without the great Contribution from Ash. What ever shall we do without Ash's great score of 10-15 run each match. I mean no other batsmen in Bangladesh could ever dream of achieving such a feat. Playing 100+ ODIs for a team with an average of 22 must surely be unsurmountable. Im sure he will get only better after we continue playing him for another 100+ games. Oh did you know Global warming is fake? Al Gore is getting sued and gonna have to pay the price for deceiving us.

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2008, 04:06 AM
Here is the comment by Bishwajit Roy (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27747)

Based on that, looks like it was indeed a playbale ball, But the ball was not played perfectly by out-of-form Ash.

Thanks Mamu :-D

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2008, 04:12 AM
Yesterday, I felt so bad :( :( :( for our charismatic Ash after reading how defenseless and helpless he was in the press conference. Ash needs to sit down and think deeply. If he had wife, he could have get mental support from her at this time. Don't know if he has gf :-D

Link (http://prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=ODg2Nzc=&mid=OA==)

zainab
March 15, 2008, 08:13 AM
Yesterday, I felt so bad :( :( :( for our charismatic Ash after reading how defenseless and helpless he was in the press conference. Ash needs to sit down and think deeply. If he had wife, he could have get mental support from her at this time. Don't know if he has gf :-D

Link (http://prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=ODg2Nzc=&mid=OA==)

I too felt sorry for him, He looked so dejected and this failure has really affected him. I do hope his confidence returns. I dont think he has a girlfriend, because I read a while ago that he says that his whole life is devoted to cricket and there is no time for girlfriend until his mid 20s. His parents and family are there for him and also the fans who still believe in him.