PDA

View Full Version : Few facts about the 2nd ODI

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 11:07 AM
I saw few ppl want to drop Ash for the next ODI. I disagree.

From the 2nd ODI, here is my observation:

First 3 wricket fall in a really good delivery. There wasn't much our batsman could do about it. Ashraful was again lack of luck. The way he batted was right I believe. But it was the superb fielding that didn't let him continue.

But the most stunning part in this game was the 2 run outs. Its pretty obvious that no one from the OLD squad has taken Mosharaff, or Ghosh as closely as it should have been. There was no communication between Sakib and Gosh, or Mashraffee and Mosharaff. I think they are still blaming those two players for making Mussy and Rafiq lose their spot on the team.

I think Ashraful as a captain should look over it, and take necessary steps to inmrpove there internal relationship as early as possible. Cause at the end of the day - cricket is a group match.

My preferred 3rd ODI squad:

Tamim/Nafis
Zunaid (lets give him one more shot)
Nazimuddin
Rakibul [my bad i said ruble]
Sakib
Ashraful << Ashraful should play down here
Forhad Reza
Ghosh
Razaak
Mashrafee
Russel

And for God's sake, bowl first..

Go_Bangladesh
March 12, 2008, 11:15 AM
wow, what a terrible team, you are willing to take off Tamim after he is finally settling into the team and showing some signs of consistency albeit yesterdays duck, he has been pretty consistent by our standards. Whats more astonishing about your selection is that you are dropping Rokibul hasan after his fantastic performance yesterday. Wow this is an amazing team selection, the only point I may agree with according to that post is the we could choose to bat first.

Tehsin
March 12, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think he is predicting the team the selectors would pick. :)

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 11:41 AM
man there is a slash in between. It means selectors should pick either Tamim or Nafis. Since both of them has a 50% chance to do well. Either they will do well or get a duck.

My bad i said ruble instead of rakibul

but the most important part here is: our team is having some internal conflict, which is unspoken and should be resolve as soon as possible to get the most desirable outcome.

Mahir
March 12, 2008, 11:46 AM
sonarbangla, take some spelling lessons instead.

Rabz
March 12, 2008, 12:05 PM
Let the BCB XI play the third odi.
They havent lost to the Saffers yet, both in 3 day match and the one day.

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 03:08 PM

sorry bro i am pure deshi. bangla bhasha chara kichui pari na. :D tomar moto british hobar kono iccha o amar nai. tumi english banan bhalo parlei hoe. jodi translation korte hoe tomake bolbo. kamon?

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
anyways, one more thing, i think ashraful should play 4/5 down.

Murad
March 12, 2008, 03:20 PM
Raqibul should play at 4.

Ash at 5. He does well at this position.

Shakib at 6.

Electrequiem
March 12, 2008, 03:26 PM
sonarbangla ... Tamim's dismissal was unacceptable. The delivery wasn't anything extraordinary ... he chose the stupidest of shots. Who, in their right mind, would try to cut that ball?!

Electrequiem
March 12, 2008, 03:27 PM

Hey now, that's mean.

akabir77
March 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
ASh should be in the team but he shouldn't be the captain. he can't even speak bangla thik moto. all this pressure is taking toll on him. + he is doing politics with picking players which is effecting the team. Just think for a second the team that played so well in WC is now looks like a pre TEST team (i think pre TEST was better than this one)

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
I saw few ppl want to drop Ash for the next ODI. I disagree.

From the 2nd ODI, here is my observation:

First 3 wricket fall in a really good delivery. There wasn't much our batsman could do about it. Ashraful was again lack of luck. The way he batted was right I believe. But it was the superb fielding that didn't let him continue.

But the most stunning part in this game was the 2 run outs. Its pretty obvious that no one from the OLD squad has taken Mosharaff, or Ghosh as closely as it should have been. There was no communication between Sakib and Gosh, or Mashraffee and Mosharaff. I think they are still blaming those two players for making Mussy and Rafiq lose their spot on the team.

I think Ashraful as a captain should look over it, and take necessary steps to inmrpove there internal relationship as early as possible. Cause at the end of the day - cricket is a group match.

Bhai'rey ki ar bolbo.
1) Tamim didn't face any extraordinary ball.
2) Ash didn't face any extraordinary ball.
3) SN didn't face any extraordinary ball.

None of them were on the stumps.

Your so called reason for the unspoken/lack communication lol is so far fetched. Why did you use the word "still"? Do you have any insiders info? Neither Dhiman nor Musharraf ousted Rafique and Mushi. The players may have issues with the selectors but not on those two. On top of it, both of them got out for their own mistakes. Running between the wicket is an art form. Not like matha nichu koirey anda-gunda dour. Which hand to carry the bat, how to carry/hold the bat, where to look at etc.

Finally if win the toss, Ash please bat first.

Murad
March 12, 2008, 03:40 PM
akabir bhai, I don't think he's doing any politics. Selectors pick the players.

Selectors also taking part in picking the playing eleven. 2nd ODI er aage BilayMama bolsilo tara raate boshbe coach, captain r team mangement er sathe je kaake kaake khelano jai.. so I don't think you/anyone can blame Ash for picking players.

Ash is a habu but not a bad person.

akabir77
March 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
akabir bhai, I don't think he's doing any politics. Selectors pick the players.

Selectors also taking part in picking the playing eleven. 2nd ODI er aage BilayMama bolsilo tara raate boshbe coach, captain r team mangement er sathe je kaake kaake khelano jai.. so I don't think you/anyone can blame Ash for picking players.

Ash is a habu but not a bad person.

well what i meant to say is He doesn't have any guts to show or say against these mediocre selectors. He can't stand up for his players and hence they are all deserting him.

Remember a captain is not in the filed only.

If he says oh they r making me a puppet captain then he should resign just like Some captains did from WI or younus did from pakistan.

But if he thinks its not my problem i am not picking the team then he has to share the blame too.

Thats why you see the tendency of selecting young players in BD team so that no one can question the mediocre selectors.

akabir77
March 12, 2008, 03:51 PM

And thats Mean. Please refrain from attacking others directly.

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 03:53 PM
sonarbangla ... Tamim's dismissal was unacceptable. The delivery wasn't anything extraordinary ... he chose the stupidest of shots. Who, in their right mind, would try to cut that ball?!

agree. thts why its either tamim or nafis . both of them are weak in that area. they are not a good cutter of the ball. they have the same potential i believe.

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
Bhai'rey ki ar bolbo.
1) Tamim didn't face any extraordinary ball.
2) Ash didn't face any extraordinary ball.
3) SN didn't face any extraordinary ball.

None of them were on the stumps.

Your so called reason for the unspoken/lack communication lol is so far fetched. Why did you use the word "still"? Do you have any insiders info? Neither Dhiman nor Musharraf ousted Rafique and Mushi. The players may have issues with the selectors but not on those two. On top of it, both of them got out for their own mistakes. Running between the wicket is an art form. Not like matha nichu koirey anda-gunda dour. Which hand to carry the bat, how to carry/hold the bat, where to look at etc.

Finally if win the toss, Ash please bat first.

umm well to me those were good balls to get out at. specially tamim's one. it was an inside edge. r off stamp er upore bouncy ball je amader batsman ra khelta parbe na seta jana kotha. so i consider those as good balls.

umm and about the other part.. did u really watch the live broadcasting? or went to cricinfo to track down their score card? if u watched it live, then i think you should realize by seeing their body language. sakib and dhiman wasn't even calling for a run. it was all eye contact. more like they have promised not to talk to each other. lol..

but for the last part. totally disagree. bd should take fielding upon getting some chance. Their pacers caused us more damage then the spinners. Early morning advantage shoudl not be given to our opponents.

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
well what i meant to say is He doesn't have any guts to show or say against these mediocre selectors. He can't stand up for his players and hence they are all deserting him.

If he says oh they r making me a puppet captain then he should resign just like Some captains did from WI or younus did from pakistan.

But if he thinks its not my problem i am not picking the team then he has to share the blame too.

Thats why you see the tendency of selecting young players in BD team so that no one can question the mediocre selectors.

agree :waiting:

Murad
March 12, 2008, 04:05 PM

:up:

akabir77
March 12, 2008, 04:13 PM
BTW didn't ash said he likes position 5! why is he batting number 3/4 now making the score card 10/3 or 10/4 right away?

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 05:18 PM
well basically the logic is, Ashraful hocche BD er Tendulkar. We even call him the little master. hehe. See.. once Ashraful gets out, Bangladesh plays to survive, and not to win . its a psychological thing i believe. Ash jodi sesh deke name, then slog over a 4/6 jamon motamoti guaranteed, team er top order o besi pressure a thakbe na.

BANFAN
March 12, 2008, 05:44 PM
but for the last part. totally disagree. bd should take fielding upon getting some chance. Their pacers caused us more damage then the spinners. Early morning advantage shoudl not be given to our opponents.

We had a spinner dependant team, bowling in the second innings gives advantage to them, that was the reason for batting second. Bowling first none of them will turn the ball.

SA was beaten batting first in WC, so they tried to copy that batting first in a slow pitch

But more impotantly, they were probably scared that, SA will put a huge score if they bat first which will be difficult to chase, remember we didnt have enough pacers to take the adavantage of the morning that they took. Then we needed shahadat in the team.

Finally; if the batsman doesnot score runs, all other things look clumsy, let a standard fixed team play repeatedly; we basically don't need permanent paid sellectors. By trying to be active they are destroying the team. We need a volunteer group to make a review once in a year to bring in extra ordinary tallents to replace with the worst. or in the event of injury or absense of a member in the 15 membe team, they will sit and fill up the vacancy only. Tallents for coming to the national team is already in the spotlight through age groups or in the Academy.

Until last year the indian sellectors were volunteer, which was headed by vengsakar. They rathar have much more scope of fidling with players. We have too many young boys who are learning by playing, we don't need a permanent paid group to play with them, the team management should be enough to determine the playing 11 before every match. This full time sellectors are taking the team down by unnecessary fingering. Players need time to mature, there is a big difference between assurance of staying in the team for a reasonable time and remaining in tension of being out of the team every morning. That works with matured players not learners.

ottawaGuy
March 12, 2008, 09:14 PM
agree. thts why its either tamim or nafis . both of them are weak in that area. they are not a good cutter of the ball. they have the same potential i believe.

haha weak cutter. BC'r home pager pictureta arekbar dekhen jaiya.

nsd3
March 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
but the most important part here is: our team is having some internal conflict, which is unspoken and should be resolve as soon as possible to get the most desirable outcome.
Any inside info on the red one above... any source? What happened?!?

al-Sagar
March 12, 2008, 10:02 PM
there was not that much early morning advantage. it was the white new ball which nel and langerveldt will swing whether they bowl first or second.

so bat first was the right option. but u have to score 225 at least to trouble the opponents.

mshakir56
March 12, 2008, 10:14 PM
Ashrafool should handover captaincy ! He is not suited for the job !

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 10:34 PM
well, here is my team:

Tamim
Junayed( instead of SN)
Nazimuddin( give him another chance)
Sakib
Raqibul
Ashraful( it's the best position for him)
Farhad( should give him a chance, instead of mosharrof)
Rajjak
Dhiman
Mashrafee
Rasel

:-D