PDA

View Full Version : Rakibul Hasan

Rabz
March 12, 2008, 12:37 PM
Oh My God!
This must be a first!

The guy scored a decent half century and was instrumental in record breaking partnership,

and we still dont have a thread about him yet!!

C'mon BCers! have we lost all enthusiam already?

On the other hand, thread number 10029383449583 is being opened about Ash somewhere, as i write.

On a serious note, i saw his batting for a little while.
I swear, for a sec, i thought Yousuf Youhana is batting.
His front foot stance and back lift is Yousuf-like.

Where is my bandwagon, i wanna jump on it.

Kabir
March 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
Mama...thread ta khuila bhalo korlen na. Whenever we get excited about an emerging player, the player only remains at that emerging level...doesn't emerge completely!

Anyway, kudos to the young man.

Ehsan
March 12, 2008, 12:43 PM
Where is my bandwagon, i wanna jump on it.

Jump...JUmp..JUMp...JUMP...JUMP in the air. :)

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about him in the first ODI, but he completely turned around in the 2nd ODI even after playing under such immense pressure. Bravo! I hope he continues like this than being one game wonder. We need consistency!

tonoy
March 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
He seems a really good prospect. However, Lets keep a tracker on him. Lets say 10 match as the initial prospect analysis. SO here goes, 15 and 63. so, 8 more innings should give us the first glimpse of whether he is the batsmen we are looking for.

15 and 63

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
Not only I am in on the band wagon but let me drive Rabz. We have an answer for Rohit.

The only knock I have against him is after his fifty he could have accelerated a bit. But he is a rookie. This his is debut series. Shob maf, shob maf.

Bhai'rey ami tho monay korsilam 70 bujhi hoilo na. 18/4.

starline3
March 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
somossa onno jaygay bdr player der ,ek 50 korle oita dia 1 bosor boisa khay

Ehsan
March 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
The only knock I have against him is after his fifty he could have accelerated a bit. .

This is how he got out. I presume he is more of a builder than accelerator. We need him to bat before Ash comes in. Ash can then come in and accelerate with his innovating (scoop) shots. Perfect for my game plan, how does the following line up look? :)

Tamim
SN/Zunaid
Aftab
Rakib
Ash
Saqib

sandpiper
March 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
It would be premature to start comparing with Mohammad Yousuf now. But he seems to have a solid defence which can surely boost our fragile middle-order.

WarWolf
March 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
I am really impressed by him. While watching him play, i had been telling my friend that his technique resembles with Dravid.

BTW, it's too early to rate him. I hope i would be able write highly about him in this thread after two years.

Rabz
March 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.norman.k12.ok.us/087/webpix/Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

There you go...
for those who wants a ride...

T_E, take the lead.....

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
Raqibul > Nazimuddin any day, and it's not too hard to conclude from so many stroke makers who have come and gone and are still playing in the national team. However, I wouldn't be too excited. Many a time we've had a debutant score a few and then wear off. He has to sustain this form over a satisfactory period of time and have the ability to ensure that form dips are not year long before we can have full faith in him.

It was funny how the crowd went silent when he got out and yet he was raising his bat and pointing it all around as he was walking off. A 63 isn't something that you should be THAT proud of, especially when you get out to a stupid shot at a desperate time.

Rabz
March 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
It would be premature to start comparing with Mohammad Yousuf now. But he seems to have a solid defence which can surely boost our fragile middle-order.

Sandy mate,
i wasnt comparing him with Yousuf, i just said his batting style resembles that of Yousuf.

WarWolf
March 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
Raqibul >
It was funny how the crowd went silent when he got out and yet he was raising his bat and pointing it all around as he was walking off. A 63 isn't something that you should be THAT proud of, especially when you get out to a stupid shot at a desperate situation.
He probably got a little bit more excited than he should be. After all, this was his first ODI 50.

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2008, 01:05 PM
This is how he got out. I presume he is more of a builder than accelerator.
I am not talking about when he was on 63. More like blocking balls after his 50. Fielders weren't closing on him actually. There were few deliveries that I thought was there for easy singles. Nevertheless, a good innings. This should give him some confidence to play at this level.

Miraz
March 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
Early days mate! early days!!

Please don't count your chickens yet!!

He is very good, no doubt. Remember, Aaqib Javed said last year? Roqibul is ready for Tests. We need to nurture him properly. Chopping and changing wouldn't help. He should be given a consistent run.

sadi
March 12, 2008, 01:18 PM
Gor pura goru shidure megh dekle bhoy pay!!!

I liked what I saw but don't want to say much. In a team with so many inconsistent batsmen, one can easily feel comfortable after scoring a fifty. Someone has to be ultra motivated to keep driving himself and I am hoping Rakibul is one of them. When your captain and other senior batsmen has no responsibility whatsoever, one may get satisfied too easily. Then again, rookie may get dropped after one or two failures since he is low in confidence or he doesn't fit the team combination or simply because the selectors don't like his face.

I liked his running between the wickets. I liked his temparament and how he paced his innings after such a big collapse and how he rotated the strike. Hopefully, this is just the beginning.

Bengaliprince176
March 12, 2008, 01:26 PM
i dont want to get excited, he scored a 50, shows he got talent like 20-30 others, we dont need another player who gets the odd 50, we need a consistent scorer!! then ill jump! lol.

btw yes i know im being a skeptic, and i do know it's his debut series.

Spitfire_x86
March 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
Oh My God!
This must be a first!

The guy scored a decent half century and was instrumental in record breaking partnership,

and we still dont have a thread about him yet!!

C'mon BCers! have we lost all enthusiam already?
I think the bad taste GoBo left in our mouth still remains, that's why.

akabir77
March 12, 2008, 02:26 PM
the NEXT NEXT NEXT Super Star... yeah right!!!!

Sohel
March 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
Always a friend of technically sound cricketers with a positive learning curve, I always liked this boy alongside guys like Ash, Alok, Zunaed, GoBoy, Meharb Jr since last year, and since this year, Imrul Kayes.

Like a few others before him, he too has had a decent start to his International career. I pray he does a better job sustaining it.

My prayers are with him ... :)

sislam2
March 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
I back up Rakibul's inclusion over Junaid or nazimuddin. He averages near 40 in list A and close to 50 in first class, which is much better than Junaid or Nazim. And he should the full face of bat, playing straight and watching the ball on the bat. I am sure he would have played more strokes if we weren't 18-4. This guy is must for test team... and i say it...he has shown much better technique and tempermant than ASH.

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 03:14 PM
umm all i want to say is, he is a tukainna player. good for 21 - 40 overs category. He is not a natural stroke player i guess. So slog over a ba powerplay te kajer na.

Shaan
March 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
Rakib looks to me technically very solid batsman who is very calm, taking control of the situation of the game and capable of adjusting at the situation. I'm wishing to see him playing more solid and consistence game for bd team for long time. He seems very reliable type of batsman knows where his shots are going, also very easily rotate the run.

Nocturnal
March 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
[বাংলা]ম্যাচ পুরো দিনের, ঘটনা ১৫ মিনিটের

ঢাকা, ১২ মার্চ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)-- 'হাসান অ্যান্ড হাসান' কোম্পানিতে আর কেউ বিনিয়োগের আগ্রহ দেখাল না। না অন্য ব্যাটসম্যানদের কেউ, না বহু ভরসার স্পিনত্রয়ী বা মাশরাফিদের পেস ব্যাটারি! তাই ম্যাচ গেল; গেল সিরিজও। বাংলাদেশ-দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা দ্বিতীয় এক দিনের ম্যাচ নিয়ে বিডি নিউজের ক্রীড়া সম্পাদক মোস্তফা মামুন লিখেছেন মিরপুর স্টেডিয়াম থেকে।

'হাসান অ্যান্ড হাসান' কোম্পানিতে আর কেউ বিনিয়োগের আগ্রহ দেখাল না। না অন্য ব্যাটসম্যানদের কেউ, না বহু ভরসার স্পিনত্রয়ী বা মাশরাফিদের পেস ব্যাটারি! তাই ম্যাচ গেল; গেল সিরিজও।

দুপুরে এক সাংবাদিক একটা হিসাব বের করলেন। দুই হাসান, সাকিব এবং রাকিবের রান যোগ হয়ে দাঁড়ায় ১১৫,সেটাকে মোট রান থেকে বাদ দিলে বাকি থাকে ৫৮। তার থেকে বাদ দিতে হবে অতিরিক্ত এবং অন্য উল্লেখযোগ্য স্কোরার মাশরাফির ২০ রান, তাহলে সমীকরণে দেখা যাবে বাকি ৮ জন মিলে রান করেছেন ২০! এর মধ্যে পাঁচ জন আবার কোনো রানই করেননি। চমকিত হওয়ার মতো তথ্য। কিন্তু কেউ চমকাল না।

ব্যাটিং ব্যর্থতার ইতিহাসে এত এত পরিসংখ্যানগত চমক ইতিমধ্যেই বাংলাদেশ উপহার দিয়ে রেখেছে যে চমকাবার অনুভূতিটাই ভোঁতা হয়ে গেছে। একজন, পুরো স্কোরকার্ডটাকে দেখিয়ে এটাকে বাংলাদেশের কোনো একটা মোবাইল কোম্পানির নম্বরের সঙ্গে মেলানোর চেষ্টা করলেন। জমল না। কারণ এরকম উপমাও বহুল ব্যবহৃত। তাহলে! ভেবে ভেবে মনে হল, বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিংটাকে এমন একটা কোম্পানির সঙ্গে তুলনা করা যায় যা হতে পারে দুজন শেয়ার হোল্ডারের নামাঙ্কিতÑ 'হাসান অ্যান্ড হাসান কোম্পানি'। কারণ উপস্থিতি ছাড়া বাকিদের কোনো অবদানই নেই।

তাদের দুজনের নামগত মিলটাও উল্লেখযোগ্য। একজন সাকিব আল হাসান এবং আরেকজন রাকিবুল হাসান। দুজন দুটো ফিফটি করে বাকিদের ঘুরে দাঁড়ানোর প্রেরণা যুুগিয়েছেন এবং লক্ষ্য করেছেন কারো অনুপ্রাণিত হওয়ার আগ্রহ বা ইচ্ছা নেই। নইলে এরপরও কেন গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সময়ে দুটো রান আউটের ঘটনা ঘটবে? আর অধিনায়ক আশরাফুলই বা কেন মুখোমুখি হওয়া চতুর্থ বলে হুকের মতো উচ্চাভিলাষী শট খেলতে যাবেন। অধিনায়ক এবং দলের সেরা ব্যাটসম্যান যেদিন বিপদের মুখেও এমন অবিমৃষ্যকারিতা দেখান সেদিন আরও বিপদ আসবে স্বাভাবিক। সেদিন স্কোরকার্ড ৪ উইকেটে ১৮ তে পরিণত হওয়াটাও অস্বাভাবিক নয়। কাজেই ম্যাচ তো আসলে ওখানেই শেষ। শেষ থেকে বাংলাদেশ আবার কখনও কখনও শুরু করে। আশা শেষ হয়ে গেলে ফের আলো জ্বালায়।

গত কয়েক বছরে এমন আমরা অনেক দেখেছি যে নতুন কেউ একজন এসে এমন আগমনীবার্তা শোনান যে মনে হয় দুঃখের দিন পেছনে পড়ে রইল। ওর ব্যাটে চড়েই হয়ত...। এবং আমরা প্রতারিত হই। কাজেই মাত্র দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচে তরুণ রাকিবুল হাসানের ৬৩ রানের ইনিংসটাকে স্রেফ একটা ভালো ইনিংসের মর্যাদার সীমারেখাতেই রাখা উচিত। নামগত মিলের কারণেই কিনা তাকে সঙ্গ দিতেই উৎসাহী শুধু সাকিব আল হাসান, তিনি করেছেন ৫২। দুয়ে মিলে যে ১১৯ রানের জুুটি সেটা ওয়ানডে ক্রিকেটে পঞ্চম উইকেটে বাংলাদেশের সর্বোচ্চ রানের জুটি। আর সাকিবের ওয়ানডেতে এক হাজার রানও হয়ে গেল। এসব তথ্যগত অর্জন, এবং এর বাইরে আসলে বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিং নিয়ে বলার কিছু নেই। থাকলে, সেই ব্যর্থতার কথা যেখানে ধীমান এবং মোশাররফের রান আউট ইনিংসের শেষটা আরও এগিয়ে এনেছে। ৪ উইকেটে ১৩৭-এ উন্নীত হওয়ার পরও ১৭৩ রানেই ক্ষান্তি।

কয়েক বছর আগে ঢাকার একটি বড় দলের একজন ক্রিকেট কর্মকর্তা বাঁহাতি স্পিনারে খুব মোহিত হয়ে গিয়েছিলেন। এমনই যে সেটা উন্মাদনার পর্যায়ে পড়ে যায়। আড়ালে তাকে নিয়ে কৌতুকও চলত। কেউ ক্রিকেট খেলে শুনলেই তিনি জানতে চাইতেন, বাঁ হাতে স্পিন করতে পারো তো! পারলে তাকে তিনি দলে নেবেন। না হলে প্রশ্নই ওঠে না। সেই কর্মকর্তা এখন আড়ালে, কিন্তু তার তথ্যের ধারক হয়ে আছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দল। এক-দুজন নয়, একেবারে তিনজন বাঁহাতি স্পিনার প্রায় সবসময়ই একাদশে। তা যাই হোক, বুধবারের ম্যাচে মিরপুরের স্পিন সহায়ক পরিবেশে ১৭৩ রান নিয়ে উল্টা-পাল্টা কিছু ঘটাতে হলে ওদের বাঁহাতে যাদুর ছোঁয়া লাগত। একজনের হাতে যাদুর কিছুটা পরশ পাওয়া গেল। সেই পরশটার যোগানদাতা কি আইপিএল! আগের দিনই বাংলাদেশের প্রথম ক্রিকেটার হিসেবে ভারতের আলোচিত ক্রিকেট লিগ আইপিএল-এ বাংলাদেশী টাকায় প্রায় ৩৫ লাখ উঠেছে তার দাম, সেই আনন্দের পরশে দারুণ একটা স্পেল করলেন বাঁ হাতি স্পিনার আব্দুর রাজ্জাক। ৫ ওভারে ৯ রানের ঐ স্পেলে ২ উইকেট নিয়ে স্কোর পরিণত করে ফেলেছিলেন ৩ উইকেটে ৬০-এ। কেউ কেউ আশাবাদী হলো! 'স্মিথ-গিবস নেই।' 'ওদের পরের ব্যাটসম্যানরা তো স্পিন খেলতেই পারে না।' ঠিক। ঠিক বলেই ওদের ইনিংসটা ধুকল, স্পিনাররাও সহায়ক পরিবেশ কাজে লাগালেন, মাশরাফিও নিজেকে উজাড় করলেন। কিন্তু এসবের ফলে যা দাঁড়াল সেটাও খুব আনন্দের কিছু নয়। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সাবধান হতে গিয়ে খোলসে ঢুকে এগোল শামুকের গতিতে, কোনো ঘটনা ছাড়াই ম্যাড়ম্যাড়ে ক্রিকেট চলল দিনের শেষ পর্যন্ত। আর শেষ!

সে তো সেই সকালেই লেখা হয়ে গিয়েছিল! প্রথম ১৫ মিনিটের মধ্যেই, ১৮ রানে বাংলাদেশের ৪ উইকেট যাওয়ার পরই। শেষ বিশ্লেষণে দেখছি ম্যাচটা ছিল এক দিনের। কিন্তু ঘটনা মাত্র ১৫ মিনিটের! [/বাংলা]

Shaan
March 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
umm all i want to say is, he is a tukainna player. good for 21 - 40 overs category. He is not a natural stroke player i guess. So slog over a ba powerplay te kajer na.

we need this type of batsman as backbone for our fragile bating who can in the middle fix up in our definite collapse(usual). We have enough stroke makers who always fail most of the time and we crumble into run scarcity.

Pundit
March 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
You all say that he is a compact player! He appears to have a compact build as well. Dare I say like the South Africans, just a "tad" shorter.

Dawah
March 12, 2008, 03:49 PM
MashaAllah to Rakibul Hasan!

One of the best thing to happen to BD from SA series.

HereWeGo
March 12, 2008, 03:59 PM
Sandy mate,
i wasnt comparing him with Yousuf, i just said his batting style resembles that of Yousuf.

Hajmola lagbey amar.
:-D

Fortuner
March 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
You all say that he is a compact player! He appears to have a compact build as well. Dare I say like the South Africans, just a "tad" shorter.

i think he is 5'9" so..gud hieght..rite??

Murad
March 12, 2008, 04:03 PM
i think he is 5'9" so..gud hieght..rite??

5'9''? who? Raqibul?

He is around 5'1 or 5'2''. Few inches taller than Mushy.

But height doesn't seem to be a problem for him. Some of his shots resembles Tendulkar, especially the ones over the slip fielders.

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
we need this type of batsman as backbone for our fragile bating who can in the middle fix up in our definite collapse(usual). We have enough stroke makers who always fail most of the time and we crumble into run scarcity.

yah.

rakibul is not a match winner, however, an good middle oeder batsman. he can build up an innings. more like arnold in srilanka.

Nafi
March 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
5'9''? who? Raqibul?

He is around 5'1 or 5'2''. Few inches taller than Mushy.

But height doesn't seem to be a problem for him. Some of his shots resembles Tendulkar, especially the ones over the slip fielders.

dude mushy isnt that short, even mushy is 5' 3''

Sohel
March 12, 2008, 04:30 PM
I've met Nirala, he's about 5'-6"1/2. He has good posture for a stocky guy, and that makes him look a bit taller.

I've met GoBoy too, he's about 5'1"-5'2" 1/2. He has bad posture for a tiny guy, and that makes him look shorter.

Murad
March 12, 2008, 04:36 PM
But he's shorter than Ashraful. Ashrful is 5'5'' I guess.

Sohel
March 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
But he's shorter than Ashraful. Ashrful is 5'5'' I guess.

Ash is 5'4" and no bro, Nirala is NOT shorter than Ash ... :)

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 05:13 PM
yah.

rakibul is not a match winner, however, an good middle oeder batsman. he can build up an innings. more like arnold in srilanka.

fahim vai, why are u comaparing with arnold, he is like india's rahul dravid:-D

sonarbangla
March 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
utilizing our limited resource miah. Ashraful jamob BD's ponting. tamni rakibul o hocche bd r arnold. hehe

djnaved
March 12, 2008, 05:23 PM
utilizing our limited resource miah. Ashraful jamob BD's ponting. tamni rakibul o hocche bd r arnold. hehe

ashraful is bd's ponting:confused:

ashraful average koto jano miah.. 21

tumi kon dhukkhe taare bangladesher ponting banaite chao

ashraful tar cricket carrerea 30+ average konudin hoiche naki shondeho..

r ei raqibul miah oitha jabo deikho.... kalke o je batting dekhailo, pura ashrafuler cheo world class,emon batting ami ashrafuler je kuno innings thekeo shera bolbo.. ashraful oi shomoye thakleo 30 run kore out hoito.....

nafees_mashrafee
March 12, 2008, 05:30 PM
ashraful's explanation for our loss to SA in the 2nd ODI:

"We have had a very good chance to score 225-plus runs and it could have been a different story if we could manage that score. I think we failed to do that because Rokibul made a mistake in a crucial stage," he explained.

"We had a plan that Rokibul would bat till 40 overs but he went for the charge at the wrong time which shattered our hopes of reaching a reasonable total in a surface where batting in the second innings was not so easy," he added.

he also thinks that his batting has improved since taking over as the captain of the team
“Actually I think my batting has improved since I have got the role. What I think is that luck has hardly favoured me," he said.

source: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27438

scoilaheez
March 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
I think everyone was impressed with Raquibul's innings, i think in time he will be included in the test matches as well, he seems better suited to the longer version as he very adept at picking up singles and twos, which is a first for a BD player. I hope he continues to bat in this style, we have got enough hitters such as Aftab, Ash, Tamim...

Ishtylish cricketer
March 12, 2008, 06:37 PM
This guy will have better statistics than Ashraful if BCB given him enough chance. He looked good in first ODI as well. Got out but I knew he would come good. He's got most things that are required to be a proper batsman. I wouldn't say he will rock the world but he can become a reliable batsman in both forms of the game. We've lacked a class player since the golden days of Kapali, this guy looks like he can fulfill that gap and take it to very high level. Finally Bd has a batsman who has decent technique and plays with a straight bat, in the V and more than anything he has a lot of common sense. Didn't look like giving away his wicket cheaply. Waited for bad balls. What happend with Dhiman? 0? It was run out but how and why?

Ishtylish cricketer
March 12, 2008, 06:45 PM
yah.

Match winners are costing us games. I would much rather have workman like players over match winners if the match winners don't actually win us games. Afridi's supposedly a match winner with the bat. How often does he win matches for Pakistan. Same thing applies to Ashraful. He isn't that much better than Afridi. Can only play a good inning or two in a year. Let Ashraful find a real job, then he will play to make scores. This guy just doesn't learn from his mistakes.

ialbd
March 12, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'll wait for few more matches (atleast 7-8 more innings) before drawing any conclusion.....

out of all the other cricket fans in the world.... we BD team fans should know that better......

"nara hoye bel tolay jaite jaite mathar ar kisu baki nai....."

Omio
March 12, 2008, 07:32 PM
no comment

Yameen
March 12, 2008, 07:33 PM
yes he scores 63, lets open a thread about him cos hes the best batsman in bangladesh!!!...until someone starts opening hate threads against him after friday game...

tanim3960
March 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
ajkay 50
kalke duck
pore 1o
tarpor 20
abar duck
abar 50
no consistancy
this is BD

al-Sagar
March 12, 2008, 09:43 PM
i want to see him playing all the 3 odi against SA and ireland and the in the A teams tour to England

mshakir56
March 12, 2008, 10:00 PM
I would say great find ! The strike rate was bit slow. I would like to see him score runs at an strike rate of over 75 . That would be really great. He has a very good techinique and has common sense !

Trigger_Tiger
March 13, 2008, 12:38 AM
A good tempermental player fro the future. Alongside Shakib and Tamim, it gives me a great sense of optimism of something good happening to our team shall these three keep the good contributions coming :)!!!!!

rafiq
March 13, 2008, 01:33 AM
I remember when Mushfiq walked out at the Oval a few summers ago, and stuck around for 18 amid in an otherwise horrid Bangladeshi outing. He was supposed to be "composed, mature, etc"....our cricket is littered with these great starts. I like Raquibul's innings for it's maturity, shot selection, etc - don't get me wrong. But these fifties at or soon after debut are a dime a dozen these days...I am more excited by Saquib maintaining his mid thirty average....

Spitfire_x86
March 13, 2008, 02:26 AM
Sakib's overly inflated average is going downhill, as it was supposed to be. Since World Cup, his performance with bat has been nothing short of terrible. Nobody raised questions about place in the team only for value as bowler.

Eshen
March 13, 2008, 02:46 AM
Shakib's average against minnows is over fifty - that's why his overall average is still in mid thirties. If you take out the minnow matches, his average is very similar to those of Ashraful and others.

BANFAN
March 13, 2008, 03:37 AM
i want to see him playing all the 3 odi against SA and ireland and the in the A teams tour to England

When a playe is in the national side, unless he is dropped or not performing, why should he be in A team? Why not, let the 'A' team players play in 'A' team.

BANFAN
March 13, 2008, 03:59 AM
Good find and will remain cautiously optimistic about his future.

If one player starts performing consistently, that inspieres some others around him. Lets see what happens, we all have had enough experience of shattered expectations beyond any logic.

Eshen
March 13, 2008, 04:00 AM
When a playe is in the national side, unless he is dropped or not performing, why should he be in A team? Why not, let the 'A' team players play in 'A' team.
The reason is simple - he is still far from being fully matured as a cricketer. This English early summer tour will be highly challenging and rewarding experience for any cricketer who has little experience playing in seaming conditions. I want to see all six of the Siddons era debutants (Zunaed, Sajid, Nazim, Rokib, Dhiman, Mosharraf) as well as Shakib, Tamim, and Farhad to be sent on this tour.

Sohel
March 13, 2008, 04:59 AM
The reason is simple - he is still far from being fully matured as a cricketer. This English early summer tour will be highly challenging and rewarding experience for any cricketer who has little experience playing in seaming conditions. I want to see all six of the Siddons era debutants (Zunaed, Sajid, Nazim, Rokib, Dhiman, Mosharraf) as well as Shakib, Tamim, and Farhad to be sent on this tour.

Spot on Ehsen. Add Alok Kapali to that list, and GoBoy as a specialist batsman. In fact, make Alok our A-Team captain, he did a great job with Sylhet, until he's ready to sustain his career at the highest level, possibly in his early 30s.

Given the HUGE discrepancy between the NCL and the highest level, we need LOADS of A-Team Cricket, ALL THE TIME IN ORDER TO BETTER PREPARE OUR PLAYERS FOR INTERNATIONAL CRICKET, hear us BCB !

BANFAN
March 13, 2008, 05:36 AM

Who is a matured cicketer in our team? on that logic we should send the whole team.

A game is combination of skills and mentality. It has negative effects on mentality of both the groups, who are going and not going. Real 'A" team players are not getting the chance to develop their game etc etc

Sending the whole team will send diffeent signal to the players, All the players will have great expeience and the world can also see, if the team is good enough for other 'A' teams. Why not ???

Eshen
March 13, 2008, 06:47 AM
Who is a matured cicketer in our team? on that logic we should send the whole team.
Well, if a cricketer is not showing any maturity after playing 50+ ODIs, this tour will be a waste on him. So, no, I don't want to see any such player in this team.

A game is combination of skills and mentality. It has negative effects on mentality of both the groups, who are going and not going. Real 'A" team players are not getting the chance to develop their game etc etc
Not sure what you mean by real "A" team players. There is hardly 2-3 players left from current generation (20+ years olds) who have shown some good potential but yet to be tried for the national team.

We may have to fast track 2-3 pacers from the U/19 team, but I don't think any other player from that level is ready to step into this team.

Remembering how much Bangladesh team struggled against county second string sides in the early summer of 2005, I don't see why anyone should object against sending a strong A-team to England this year. Once again, this is an excellent opportunity for our youngsters to gain some valuable experience and this opportunity should be spent on worthy candidates only.

Gowza
March 13, 2008, 07:02 AM
Real 'A" team players are not getting the chance to develop their game etc etc

exactly, the A team system was developed to give the next in players more experience and more development at a higher level so they'll be more ready when they're called upon. if the national players take all the spots then bangladesh won't have any qualified back up players. A team cricket helps develop the depth and that won't happen if national players take all the spots.

players who should be in the A squad or around it: naeem, imrul, milon, nazmus sadat, rahim, rubel hossain, shubashis roy, dolar mahmud, riyad (if not in national squad), MH rubel (same as riyad), kapali, nafis iqbal, gazi salahuddin and that's just off the top of my head.

i can understand wanting to give the inexperienced national players more experience but i don't think filling the A team completely with current national players is the way to go.

Razi
March 13, 2008, 08:05 AM
Ash's comments are nothing but simply FLAT JOKES...!!!

sadi
March 13, 2008, 08:11 AM
The A team that I would send to England would have 2-3 very young players from the national team (Rakib, Dhiman, Nazim), 4-5 players who can make the cut in the next 2-3 years (Imrul, Rubel Hussain) and few national team dropouts like Kapali, Mushfiq, NI and Talha. It is very important to have a balanced and competitive team with proper mixture of youth and experience.

BANFAN
March 13, 2008, 08:28 AM
Well, if a cricketer is not showing any maturity after playing 50+ ODIs, this tour will be a waste on him. So, no, I don't want to see any such player in this team.

So long we are keeping them in the team, we can't give up on them. If the tour is helpful for the players, why not give them chance as well. If that makes them a better player.

Not sure what you mean by real "A" team players. There is hardly 2-3 players left from current generation (20+ years olds) who have shown some good potential but yet to be tried for the national team.

Do you mean to say that we don't have players to form a 'A' team? The second best team can be formed from the plaers dropped from the main team, Top performers of domestic circuit, Who played U 19 etc. You never know who will turn into a good player, in the process.

We may have to fast track 2-3 pacers from the U/19 team, but I don't think any other player from that level is ready to step into this team.

Why not, that is the natural step. Now, players are coming to main team direct from U 19, why can't they play in 'A' team. Narrowing focus on the national team only, doesn't help to prepare players to come into the national team. National team players have already got a bigger exposure, why not prepare new tallents through such tours.

Remembering how much Bangladesh team struggled against county second string sides in the early summer of 2005, I don't see why anyone should object against sending a strong A-team to England this year. Once again, this is an excellent opportunity for our youngsters to gain some valuable experience and this opportunity should be spent on worthy candidates only.

Why not give that to the 'A' team. The national team players already got a bigger exposure, tougher bowling attach, match conditions etc expeiences.

The boy who just displyed that he is one of the better plaers in the team, how can we demote him in the name of experience? It hurts his motivation and attitude towards the game. That means growing in age is more valuable than performing in the highest level. Wrong signals and should be a demotivating factor.

It does not happen anywhere in the world. Something like telling the first boy of the class to stay back one more year in the class, to strenthen his knowledge; theoretically it's helpful, but practically demotivating.

sadi
March 13, 2008, 08:36 AM
It does not happen anywhere in the world. Something like telling the first boy of the class to stay back one more year in the class, to strenthen his knowledge; theoretically it's helpful, but practically demotivating.

You are not asking the first boy (ex Ash, Mashrafee or Razzak), you are asking someone who has recently come in the class and didn't have enough time in the class. There is no doubt about his ability but a little polishing will definitely help him in the future. I am sure if he is explained properly how it will help him in the long run and he will be picked when national team has their tour, he shouldn't mind. Just like I said before, our players have to be ultra-motivated to be an international class cricketer where in other coutries, the system is already there and their domestic cricket allows them to grow.

Kabir
March 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
“Actually I think my batting has improved since I have got the role. What I think is that luck has hardly favoured me," he said.

Yea, luck now doesn't favor his bat. Later, it won't favor his a$$ either.

I'm really upset with this attitude of Ashraful. He's proving to be unfit for the captain's role.

GuruTM
March 13, 2008, 09:44 AM
ashraful's explanation for our loss to SA in the 2nd ODI:

"We have had a very good chance to score 225-plus runs and it could have been a different story if we could manage that score. I think we failed to do that because Rokibul made a mistake in a crucial stage," he explained.

"We had a plan that Rokibul would bat till 40 overs but he went for the charge at the wrong time which shattered our hopes of reaching a reasonable total in a surface where batting in the second innings was not so easy," he added.

he also thinks that his batting has improved since taking over as the captain of the team

source: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=27438

I don't find anything wrong with Ash's comment here. He is not blaming Rokibul at all, instead he is giving credit to Rokibul's innings by emphasizing on the importance of his innings to the contribution factor to the total score. This is poor translation of an excellent encouraging comment made for a youngster by his captain.

As for luck not favoring him, well, he needs to work a little harder. Just remember, there are days that are longer than other days. They just seems longer; but they are not.

Fazal
March 13, 2008, 09:56 AM
ya... we knew it....Translator Betayee Choor.:-D

Tigers_eye
March 13, 2008, 10:06 AM
I don't find anything wrong with Ash's comment here. He is not blaming Rokibul at all, instead he is giving credit to Rokibul's innings by emphasizing on the importance of his innings to the contribution factor to the total score. This is poor translation of an excellent encouraging comment made for a youngster by his captain.

As for luck not favoring him, well, he needs to work a little harder. Just remember, there are days that are longer than other days. They just seems longer; but they are not.
Instead of focusing on Rokibul's charge he needed to shoulder the blame. Not say his top order or something but clearly admit his mistake and go on with it. That is maturity. Trying to avoid blame will put him in the hole more. As a captain if he says that to the public, that includes Rokibul, just think what possible replies can Rokibul give to him? I bet that would have some choice words in it.

Arrogant Ash still thinks that shot he played was the correct shot. The best natural players at times take defensive approach to consolidate the early loss. Even he did that in ODI 1. Where was that phase of learning? How many times we saw Sankka or Jayawardene just block when Tharanga or Jayasuriya fell early? He is the captain. He plays and talks like a fool.

Kabir
March 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
This is poor translation of an excellent encouraging comment made for a youngster by his captain.

This is a poor understanding of a very clear comment. Nobody can make the comments idiot-proof. Saying "Rokibul gave away his wicket at a cruicial time" after saying "I don't think I played bad...I was just unlucky" tells you how arrogant that comment was.

mali007
March 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
Instead of focusing on Rokibul's charge he needed to shoulder the blame. Not say his top order or something but clearly admit his mistake and go on with it. That is maturity. Trying to avoid blame will put him in the hole more. As a captain if he says that to the public, that includes Rokibul, just think what possible replies can Rokibul give to him? I bet that would have some choice words in it.

Arrogant Ash still thinks that shot he played was the correct shot. The best natural players at times take defensive approach to consolidate the early loss. Even he did that in ODI 1. Where was that phase of learning? How many times we saw Sankka or Jayawardene just block when Tharanga or Jayasuriya fell early? He is the captain. He plays and talks like a fool.
You are absolutely right. Ash. needs to learn techniques and shot selection from Roqibul.
I am really impressed with Roqibul!! His 44 n.o. in warmup match and another 33 (run out ) in warmup ODI are reflections of his natural talents. Hope he can keep it up.

Sohel
March 13, 2008, 11:02 AM
Ash is really making it hard on himself by making such annoying comments. This reminds me of the several occasion when HaBa blamed everyone but himself. Sad to see Ash flirting with the same pitiful path of "passing the buck" while trying to absolve himself of all responsibilities of a captain who MUST lead his younger, less experienced teammates from the FRONT, nowhere else.

I hope he can perform we'll enough soon to mitigate the effect.

thebest
March 13, 2008, 11:34 AM
yes if Babu vai was the translator then this problem would not arise. Remember this (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=16070):-D

Eshen
March 13, 2008, 01:03 PM
exactly, the A team system was developed to give the next in players more experience and more development at a higher level so they'll be more ready when they're called upon. if the national players take all the spots then bangladesh won't have any qualified back up players.
Gowza, at this point I am more concerned about lack of experience among majority of national team players than lack of back up players for the national team. You probably have noticed that most of the Bangladeshi batsmen start their international careers in spectacular fashions but then wane out because of lack of preparation to survive the pressure at this level.

The Siddons era debutants have not yet played in seaming conditions, so I think it's very important that Siddons let those rookies play in this tour, and find out their weakness and strength.

Also, remind you that this tour includes a good number of FC matches (including one against South Africa). Considering that most of our youngsters have very little or no FC experience barring NCL (and we all know what is the standard of NCL), this tour should be very beneficial for youngsters who are aspiring for their test debuts or who have not yet stomped their authority in the longer version of the game.

Beamer
March 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
I second that Eshen. The 'A' team visiting England must comprise of the bulk of the current national team players. I would maybe even send Ash and Mash. Come to think of it, I am not sure who I would leave out from the national team. They all can gain from the experience.

auntu
March 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
he seems to play with timing rather then with power. we that sort of since every one ealse is going for power shot.

but lacs shots against spinners. didn't try sweep that much (or haven't see any, may be)

E-)

GuruTM
March 13, 2008, 07:04 PM
This is a poor understanding of a very clear comment. Nobody can make the comments idiot-proof. Saying "Rokibul gave away his wicket at a cruicial time" after saying "I don't think I played bad...I was just unlucky" tells you how arrogant that comment was.

Kabir, i understand what you are saying. You are judging his comments from your point of view. However, if you would care, translate the ash's words in your thought process and look at it from a different point of view. There is nothing wrong in what ash said. He didn't say its Rokibuls fault, rather he said if Rokibul could have hang in there longer it would boost teams total. It doesn't necessarily mean that he is approving of what he have done earlier. And even if someone played badly i don't like them to admit it publicly, but deep inside within themselves. It infuses the loser mentality. At least Ash didn't show loser mentality. To elaborate the above statements i need to write at least a hundred pages.

If you do understand what i wanted to say in the above lines, good on you. However, If you don't, you are not worthy of my time.

GuruTM
March 13, 2008, 07:11 PM

I knew its coming. Ultra reflective bangalee style of talk. This is one of the many reasons we are still one of the most under developed and corrupt countries in the world.

amra_korbo_joy
March 13, 2008, 07:11 PM
He is the best test player. I am eagerly waiting for test inclusion.

One World
March 13, 2008, 09:56 PM
I am also hoping to see him play test matches. I wont be surprised if by 2010 he becomes the MVP of national team and grabs the third position.
Another Mr. Fifty in making, Amen.