PDA

View Full Version : Monetary Punishment for Ash and Co.

BD-Shardul
March 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
Finally fan's demand came true:

BD Khela News (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=5581&pageTitle=details&editionID=298)

:-D

Protic
March 14, 2008, 10:31 AM
Can u take a screenshot of the news and paste here?

Spitfire_x86
March 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
Good thing. Now only if the people who bought tickets for the matches could get some refund from the fine money, they deserve it the most.

arifur81
March 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
Guys found some interesting article and feel like sharing with my felow member.
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=5575&pageTitle=details&editionID=298
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=5580&pageTitle=details&editionID=298

sadi
March 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
How about the selectors?

Dhakablues
March 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
How about the selectors?

Exactly... Its not only the players but the selectors/manager should also be finedfor such weak team combination!!

reyme
March 14, 2008, 10:56 AM
I always said selectors and coach should get paid based on players' performance....

akabir77
March 14, 2008, 10:58 AM
when you pick and chose players and expect miracle you get bellow per results. Shoot oh sorry Fire the Selectors right now.

cricket_dorshok
March 14, 2008, 11:02 AM
How about the selectors?
Selectors are in very very good form. They have changed so many players for a single series. For that they needed to work hard. How come you guys are demanding selector's punishment!!!!!!

mali007
March 14, 2008, 11:05 AM

BD Khela News (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=5581&pageTitle=details&editionID=298)

They well deserved it !!!!!

Tigers_eye
March 14, 2008, 11:06 AM
Finally!!! Among my first few hundred posts I am sure I wrote about this and got chastized by many BC members cause I was a newbie then. lol. Line'a ashba shobai. ektu shomoi lagbey ie ar ki. now I see everyone is 100% in agreement.

Next bet'er bari. Sohel bhai'rey koilam Tangail'er picnic spot thekey kisu bet kinay "agatey board pin" lagatey tarpor siddons'rey gift ditey, kisui kortey parlo na. I would have done it myself but I am not there at the moment.

arafath79
March 14, 2008, 11:54 AM
Well Ashrafool needs to be kicked out in Ireland series. Aftab in Ash out !!! :)

al Furqaan
March 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
good stuff. great news.

as long as the fine is significant (at least 50% of all fees earned) it should work.

mshakir56
March 14, 2008, 12:13 PM
Great stuff !

Rabz
March 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
Finally some sense into it.

কাজের বিনিময়ে খাদ্য কর্মসূচি দরকার ।
আজ শেরাটন হোটেলে গিয়েছেলাম, গিয়ে দেখি নাজিমুদ্দিনকে ।
মনে হছিল একটা গালি দিয়ে আসি। যেভাবে আউট হল, তাতে গালিই প্রাপ্য ।
রান করার নাম নাই, পাচ তারকা হোটেলের ভাত খায় ।

সব *লা বেহায়া ।

crikfreak
March 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
can any1 pleeeeeeeeese translate the article into english????????????????????? i'm not very good with reading....i'm a slow bengali reader

One World
March 14, 2008, 01:32 PM
Stringent measure to cut down payments. But what steps BCB taking to figure out the root of the problem - may be the money saved can be spent on that.

Srilankans are smart. They did not make same mistake twice. The domestic production and smooth flow of quality "matured" players kept there national team always handy with strong performers.

Sovik
March 14, 2008, 01:35 PM
they need another boot camp

Kabir
March 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
I think it's nonsense. It's because of the fact that selectors are inside there, screaming and blaming for every failure. Instead, it should be the selectors given the blame FIRST, and then the players.

It's quite demoralizing to the players I bet.

BANFAN
March 14, 2008, 01:49 PM
All the actions are ok.

But feel bad for these young boys. Hope they learn fast and regains the love of the fans, once more.

Yameen
March 14, 2008, 01:53 PM
can someone kindly translate to english please?

Ajfar
March 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
this is gud stuff..but selectors shudn't get off the hook

syedmahm
March 14, 2008, 04:08 PM
Selectors are in very very good form. They have changed so many players for a single series. ........
And You think thats a GOOD JOB!! SO anyone can be a selector who can just find few kid and let them play for National Squad. Thats why in BD, to get a chance in National Squad is SO EASY!

Eshen
March 14, 2008, 05:01 PM
I am currently very unhappy with our players, but that does not mean I want to see them deprived of their employment rights. Regardless how poor their performances were, I think it's highly unethical to dock their pays (unless they have breached any law).

Murad
March 14, 2008, 05:13 PM
I guess Eshen bhai is right. They have no rights to do that.

What they should do is like set some rules for the players such as:

For Batsmen:
1. If you average less than 30 in 2 consecuative series, you will be dropped for the next series with a fine of 10% match fees.

2. if you play a bad shot and throw your wicket in a match, you will be dropped for the next match with a fine of 15% match fees.

For Bowlers:
1. If you fail to take any wickets in 2 consecutive matches, you will be dropped for the next match.

2. If you give more than 45 runs in 10 overs or have a economic rate of 4.5 or more, you will get a fine of 10% match fees.

IF they set these rules, I think players will be more disciplined. They will be afraid of getting droppend and losing some money.

BANFAN
March 14, 2008, 06:09 PM
I guess Eshen bhai is right. They have no rights to do that.

What they should do is like set some rules for the players such as:

For Batsmen:
1. If you average less than 30 in 2 consecuative series, you will be dropped for the next series with a fine of 10% match fees.

2. if you play a bad shot and throw your wicket in a match, you will be dropped for the next match with a fine of 15% match fees.

For Bowlers:
1. If you fail to take any wickets in 2 consecutive matches, you will be dropped for the next match.

2. If you give more than 45 runs in 10 overs or have a economic rate of 4.5 or more, you will get a fine of 10% match fees.

IF they set these rules, I think players will be more disciplined. They will be afraid of getting droppend and losing some money.

Excellent Suggestion.

There should be a system, changes should not happen on some one's wishful thinking(Shopno or tia pakhi method).

But they must get the parameters right and stick to it strictly. Why don't you open a new thread for exploring the right parameters ?

ialbd
March 14, 2008, 06:46 PM
chance shathe kisu chor/thappor/mair diye dia hok....

Fazal
March 14, 2008, 06:51 PM
chance shathe kisu chor/thappor/mair diye dia hok....

You are right... things may be already going that way...

And what the ace batsman got from the volatile pressman yesterday was definitely something new In his career and definitely he will try to erase the bitter memories as early as he can more so due to a procession outside the stadium that demanded his removal as captain. -theDailyStar

Dhruvo
March 14, 2008, 08:00 PM

what?,i cant understand what was written in the article ?,can someone tell me what the article was about ?

Rifat
March 14, 2008, 09:16 PM
excellent stuff, they shouldn't be living like pigs anyways...

great character and dedication will inshallah yield great results