PDA

View Full Version : Siddons post game comments

cricman
March 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
He Speaks as if he's a Jedi Master, I'm about to call him our Yoda or Whoever the Jedi Master was that Samuel L Jackson played there both Bald. The question is Who's gonna be our Obi-Wan, Luke SkyWalker, Han Solo ... And our Anikan SkyWalker?

“Ash has been working really hard in the nets. He made some bad decisions in recent times but today he stuck to the team rules and the result and reward was for everyone to see. If he remembers that most of the time then he’ll see similar success,” said Tigers coach Jamie Siddons who also lauded the team effort.

“In the past I think we were a more entertaining team and worried about entertaining the crowd than win matches. I want to see a team that wins and is competitive and that will entertain the crowd. If we had won and not stuck to the team rules then I would have been very upset. I am pleased with our overall performance today and it was good to see the boys applying some of the things I am trying to instill in them.”

“I have been saying this for weeks that South Africa are the number one team in the world and we are number nine. The difference now is that we are playing the tenth-ranked side and in our conditions we should beat them if we play to our potential. But they will have a better idea about the conditions and the wickets after this match, just like South Africa after they got into trouble in the first Test, and if we don’t raise our game and not follow the team rules then they can beat us. They are a determined bunch and good competition to have.”

“Mortaza was rewarded for perseverance. We left him out of a few matches and had him batting at number 11. We wanted to make him realise that he needs to be a lot more disciplined in the way he plays his cricket. He is learning along the way. Today he bowled in the right places and swung the ball. He is getting better,”

http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=522

irteja
March 18, 2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks cricman

mali007
March 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
Good comments by Sidon. They will adjust and come up heavily in the 2nd match, so tigers BE CAREFUL!!!!

Rabz
March 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
All is good when we win.
Bottom line, this is our much needed comeback series before Pak tour.

arafath79
March 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
Well, Bangladesh team needed a win badly but the team like Ireland won't help to improve Bangladesh batting. I think our U-19 team can beat Ireland. Let's see the next 2 ODI matches before making any final decision. Bangladesh should white wash Ireland and win comfortably.

One more thing is that Bangladesh should not use Rajjak to open the ball, It is spoiling Rajjak's performance. Rajjak will get hammrerd if he opens the bal against Pakistan in thei home ground.

irteja
March 18, 2008, 12:14 PM
wise comments by Sidon

BANFAN
March 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
“In the past I think we were a more entertaining team and worried about entertaining the crowd than win matches. I want to see a team that wins and is competitive and that will entertain the crowd. "

That needs to be done. Players have been failing to do that adjustment for long time. Lets see if he can get it done.

akabir77
March 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
Well, Bangladesh team needed a win badly but the team like Ireland won't help to improve Bangladesh batting. I think our U-19 team can beat Ireland. Let's see the next 2 ODI matches before making any final decision. Bangladesh should white wash Ireland and win comfortably.

One more thing is that Bangladesh should not use Rajjak to open the ball, It is spoiling Rajjak's performance. Rajjak will get hammrerd if he opens the bal against Pakistan in thei home ground.
Please foul pachal pairen na? U-19 team beat korbey? did you see the match? not a single bad shot IR played. They built on partner ship. which we bd team never done before the last game. so don't take it as granted

Fazal
March 18, 2008, 12:31 PM
Interesting interview. Unlike some pleople thinks, he as a PLAN after all.

"If we had won and not stuck to the team rules then I would have been very upset. "Siddon

I hope he follow up what he is saying. If that is true, pretty soon we will see the end of 'free lance' activities and 'playing my natural style' ignoring team's need will end.

... I am just wait and see how he himself (i.e. Siddon) follow through what he is saying....

auntu
March 18, 2008, 01:53 PM
good comment by JS

I've allways faith on his ability. If anyone can put 'team rule' in BD team it would be him

tonoy
March 18, 2008, 02:05 PM
did someone say yoda?

cricman
March 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
did someone say yoda?

that Avi is whats up, Ash our Anikan he's slapping people and now has a grudge against the entire country see the sig.

Ehsan
March 18, 2008, 02:18 PM
that Avi is whats up, Ash our Anikan he's slapping people and now has a grudge against the entire country see the sig.

Why do you take that as negative? Its even better If he plays for himself and the team, rather than playing for the crowd. Know what I mean? :)

About not raising his bat to the crowd, Ash ektu gossa korse after being booed by the crowd, ar ki? :)

tonoy
March 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
yeah. I think its better to have a pissed off Ash, that way he can score more. And about ash being anikan, we shouldnt be too excited by this then. After all, he will join the dark side soon enough.

cricman
March 18, 2008, 02:26 PM
Why do you take that as negative? Its even better If he plays for himself and the team, rather than playing for the crowd. Know what I mean? :)

About not raising his bat to the crowd, Ash ektu gossa korse after being booed by the crowd, ar ki? :)

No I like this new Attitude Ash has almost Barry Bonds like I feel he's gonna be sour towards the media now too ... Remember Anikan/Darth Vader kicked major a** in Star Wars :)

I think the Jalal incident and the booing hurt him, now he's on a Mission to score runs and prove his naysayers wrong. Ash just said FU to all media and the fans and now's he's batting for himself and his teammates. This new evil Ash will score runs for us muhauahuaha

Dawah
March 18, 2008, 02:50 PM
http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=522

Didn't I tell you guys Siddons is a much better coach than Dav whatmore.

Beamer
March 18, 2008, 02:50 PM
Don't care whether he raises the bat or not to acknowledge any cheer, as long as he presents something to acknowledge.

Also, not worried about any comments by him or Siddons. I am more worried with operating two spinners within the PP's and opening the bowling with Raj.

zainab
March 18, 2008, 03:01 PM
I am sure that in the next match, they will play another pacer and Razzak the ball after the 10 th over, the way it should. they experimented and it did not work, they should have bowled out ireland.

MZaman
March 18, 2008, 03:02 PM
Please foul pachal pairen na? U-19 team beat korbey? did you see the match? not a single bad shot IR played. They built on partner ship. which we bd team never done before the last game. so don't take it as granted

You are correct ... the IR team is much stronger than any other Associate member. Lot of their players play in the English league. If they get test status they will do better than Zim.

sayem
March 18, 2008, 03:28 PM
You are correct ... the IR team is much stronger than any other Associate member. Lot of their players play in the English league. If they get test status they will do better than Zim.Also given the circumstances, they will also do better then Bangladesh..Sorry If I hurt any ones feelings

WarWolf
March 18, 2008, 03:35 PM
If we had won and not stuck to the team rules then I would have been very upset. I am pleased with our overall performance today and it was good to see the boys applying some of the things I am trying to instill in them.

But they will have a better idea about the conditions and the wickets after this match, just like South Africa after they got into trouble in the first Test, and if we don’t raise our game and not follow the team rules then they can beat us. They are a determined bunch and good competition to have.
That's the way to go. I hope they won't forget it in the next game..

akabir77
March 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
Also given the circumstances, they will also do better then Bangladesh..Sorry If I hurt any ones feelings
No they wont. Cause they don't have pool of players like we do. only thing is going for them is the hired players which will dry up cause of IPL and ICL.

akabir77
March 18, 2008, 03:37 PM
Also given the circumstances, they will also do better then Bangladesh..Sorry If I hurt any ones feelings
No they wont. Cause they don't have pool of players like we do. only thing is going for them is the hired players which will dry up cause of IPL and ICL.L-)

sayem
March 18, 2008, 04:02 PM
No they wont. Cause they don't have pool of players like we do. only thing is going for them is the hired players which will dry up cause of IPL and ICL.L-)Akabir, I am referring to tests. also i dont think the pool of players in BD are mentally better then Ireland in longer version, but technically better...Given Bangladesh's test record, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Ireland here. Did you know that inspite of cricket loving country with 140 million ppl, BD has fewer professional cricketers then any other test playing countries? Please remember that test's means mental attitute. Never the less, I fully back BD for a clean sweep of Ireland and also expecting wins against Pakistan too!!

Murad
March 18, 2008, 04:05 PM
Akabir, I am referring to tests. also i dont think the pool of players in BD are mentally better then Ireland in longer version, but technically better...Given Bangladesh's test record, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Ireland here. Did you know that inspite of cricket loving country with 140 million ppl, BD has fewer professional cricketers then any other test playing countries? Please remember that test's means mental attitute. Never the less, I fully back BD for a clean sweep of Ireland and also expecting wins against Pakistan too!!

5 top players of Ireland team are from South AFrica & Australia. They played for their state teams in their country.

So what do you expect from them?

If these playrs stops playing for Ireland then Ireland will be worse than Scotland.

WarWolf
March 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
Sayem please stop pretending that you are a kid. I know you are not.

akabir77
March 18, 2008, 04:10 PM
Akabir, I am referring to tests. also i dont think the pool of players in BD are mentally better then Ireland in longer version, but technically better...Given Bangladesh's test record, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Ireland here. Did you know that inspite of cricket loving country with 140 million ppl, BD has fewer professional cricketers then any other test playing countries? Please remember that test's means mental attitute. Never the less, I fully back BD for a clean sweep of Ireland and also expecting wins against Pakistan too!!

apple and oranges. watch some games before starting a future telling business. you can give any one your benefit of YOUR doubt? cause its worth nothing. what makes you think they won't struggle more? they don't even have 20 players? so if 6 gets hurts they have to either hire more players or prospone the TEST (in future if they ever get to play). so stop your nonsense.

Yeah they should have less amount of pro cricketer cause our age is only 8 where is other r playing way more then us. so whats your point?

If you like to look down on bangladesh its fare that you do but don't hide behind a mask of a Bangladeshi FAN.:wave:

al Furqaan
March 18, 2008, 04:43 PM
its a decent performance, but lets not get overboard. the team is ireland and we're at home. these performances will mean little if sensibility cannot be replicated in Pakistan next month. of course i am talking about ash (and in lesser but still great respects the rest of the batsmen). mashrafee was in torrid form recently, but he has proven his class time and again in the past. it was a matter of time before he got his form back.

i think more important than the 3-22 and the 64* is the background in which they came. lets face it taking 3-22 or hitting 64* would mean much against the saffers last week, but means little against Ireland. it doesn't matter if we are minnows ourselves; we are but thats not the point.

both mash and ash were the most pressurized by the combination of vice captaincy/captaincy, fan expectation and subsequent wrath, and piss poor form. they were not just physically out of sorts, but mentally as well.

it was good to see that they came back out of the worst funk we have yet seen in BD cricket. although i have downplayed the 3-22 and 64*, we have to remember that ireland are the strongest associate side, and that even against weak teams, some level of application is necessary to take 3-22 or score 64* at a decent strike rate.

which brings us to another point. like all teams, bangaldesh when in poor form, needs to beat up on weaker opposition to get real form, and mental strength back to par to perform against top sides. we saw that in the last WC.

this does not mean, as a few were suggesting just days ago, that we need to play "more against minnows". quite the contrary. we need 2 series a year against minnows spaced in between our Test calendar. in other words, i think if we play 10% of our matches against minnows, it will do wonders for our stats, and more importantly our morale.

we do not need a 2006 like stretch where we play 80% of our games against non-Test sides. the success of the world cup was despite that piss poor schedule, not because of it.

ultimately, i do expect the Irish to close the gap in the remaining 2 matches, but i do not expect them to win any. i hope ash wins some tosses, cuz then perhaps we can see a 270+ score, which is sorely needed before the PAK series.

Dhakablues
March 18, 2008, 05:34 PM
Eggjactly. We need BD to bat first and score runs than chasing. Unless we get into habit of score more than 270 runs, winning against Ireland, Cambodia, Nepal would be our mere consisitent success story..

zahid
March 18, 2008, 06:17 PM
Mace Windu.

Btw, why is the word filter not filtering PISSING OR PISSED?

arafath79
March 18, 2008, 06:54 PM

I am sure BD U-19 team can beat Ireland national team in the same ground. Just need little bit change like Tamim would be selected as a opener. It's will not be easy for Bd U-19 team to beat Ireland national team but there would be a good contest.

fan_frm_the_uk
March 18, 2008, 07:28 PM
I am sure BD U-19 team can beat Ireland national team in the same ground. Just need little bit change like Tamim would be selected as a opener. It's will not be easy for Bd U-19 team to beat Ireland national team but there would be a good contest.

Valo to. ek kaj kori, ICC ke request kori next world cup e amra jeno 3 ta team pathate pari. ekta national team, A team and U 19 team. Ireland khelte parle amader A team and U19 keno parbe na?

One World
March 18, 2008, 07:33 PM
I personally do not want to see anything close. Hit the nail hard. We are actually far better than this Ireland team. If Rankin was there it could be more fun to beat them.

Hope BD remains always strong against the Irish at any condition even in seaming or bouncy wickets.

zainab
March 19, 2008, 09:26 AM
Speaking about Ireland getting test status it will never happen. kenya has been trying for years to get test status and they are a better team. The ICC is mulling the idea of making it a two tier system, with the lowest three competing more against each other. The West Indians are mad about this cause they are only number 8 now.
It seems that after Zim series, Pakistan is No 5 according to the ICC rating.

Ajfar
March 19, 2008, 09:47 AM
[quote=zainab;654142]Speaking about Ireland getting test status it will never happen. quote]

well i guess cricket is not spreading around the world afterall..