PDA

View Full Version : Under 15 International Tournament in West Indies

irishman
March 20, 2008, 06:21 PM
Good evening everyone,

I cannot find any mention on this forum of the upcoming Under 15 international tournament in the West Indies.

The details, taken from the West Indies website, are as follows:

CLICO sponsors Under-15 I'ntl tourney in April
CMC | 27/02/08

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - Eight teams will contest a CLICO-sponsored international Under-15 cricket tournament in the Caribbean in April, organisers announced here this evening.

The tournament, from April 19 to May 4, will be run by All Sports Promotions, and will have eight teams competing - West Indies, Pakistan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Holland, Bangladesh and the International Cricket Council (ICC) Americas team, comprised of players from Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Bahamas.

Details of the event were revealed at a press conference Wednesday evening at the Banquet Hall at the Queen's Park Oval.

The tournament will have matches in Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Guyana, Barbados and St Kitts, and will be the first of its kind since the Costcutter Under-15 championships that was won by the West Indies in England in 2000.

All Sport director Bruce Aanensen, the former CEO of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) said the championships will be split into a knockout and a league stage.

I would be interested to know what the standard of the Bangladesh Under 15 team will be or indeed are there any players in particular who are likely to do well.

Undoubtedly West Indies, Pakistan and Bangladesh will be the favourites. Its interesting that Ireland have been drawn against Pakistan in the opening knock-out match, perhaps the organisers are hoping for an upset as happened in the Senior World Cup in 2007. This is unlikely though and Ireland and Holland will be travelling out of season and have not played cricket since September, apart from a few boys who played in South Africa during February

Bangladesh will play Ireland, West Indies and Kenya in the Group stages in Trinidad from Saturday 26 April until Tuesday 29 April.

What a trip for 15 year olds.

Mahir
March 20, 2008, 06:43 PM
Nafis pichchi, mishti koi ? Canada v Bangladesh = FINAL. Nafis won't want to play 'cuz the game's against BD! :)

Nafis_BD
March 20, 2008, 09:46 PM
Nafis pichchi, mishti koi ? Canada v Bangladesh = FINAL. Nafis won't want to play 'cuz the game's against BD! :)

Yes you are right. Even if it were at the international level I wouldn't play with any team that verses BD!!

But when I do play for BD in the next few years You would get 2 packs of sweets with VIP tickets to my game. Btw what's your favourite sweet? It would be prepared when you reach BD!!:)

djnaved
March 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Good evening everyone,

I cannot find any mention on this forum of the upcoming Under 15 international tournament in the West Indies.

The details, taken from the West Indies website, are as follows:

CLICO sponsors Under-15 I'ntl tourney in April
CMC | 27/02/08

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - Eight teams will contest a CLICO-sponsored international Under-15 cricket tournament in the Caribbean in April, organisers announced here this evening.

The tournament, from April 19 to May 4, will be run by All Sports Promotions, and will have eight teams competing - West Indies, Pakistan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Holland, Bangladesh and the International Cricket Council (ICC) Americas team, comprised of players from Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Bahamas.

Details of the event were revealed at a press conference Wednesday evening at the Banquet Hall at the Queen's Park Oval.

The tournament will have matches in Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Guyana, Barbados and St Kitts, and will be the first of its kind since the Costcutter Under-15 championships that was won by the West Indies in England in 2000.

All Sport director Bruce Aanensen, the former CEO of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) said the championships will be split into a knockout and a league stage.

I would be interested to know what the standard of the Bangladesh Under 15 team will be or indeed are there any players in particular who are likely to do well.

Undoubtedly West Indies, Pakistan and Bangladesh will be the favourites. Its interesting that Ireland have been drawn against Pakistan in the opening knock-out match, perhaps the organisers are hoping for an upset as happened in the Senior World Cup in 2007. This is unlikely though and Ireland and Holland will be travelling out of season and have not played cricket since September, apart from a few boys who played in South Africa during February

Bangladesh will play Ireland, West Indies and Kenya in the Group stages in Trinidad from Saturday 26 April until Tuesday 29 April.

What a trip for 15 year olds.

amar friend anam arafat amit under 15 bd national team e chance paiche:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::joy::joy::joy::gre at::great::flag::flag:E-)

Mahir
March 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
amar friend anam arafat amit under 15 bd national team e chance paiche

Congrats to both of you :) Hope he helps to heighten Bangladesh's name at this stage.

al-Sagar
March 21, 2008, 03:35 AM
good for the youngsters

zainab
March 21, 2008, 07:51 AM
Have not seen any mention of this by BD cricket board. There should have been sort sort of news about this by now.

irishman
March 21, 2008, 11:32 AM
I checked all of the participating countries websites and apart from the mention on the
West Indies website the Irish were first off the mark.

There was no mention on the Pakistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Netherlands websites.

In fairness this competition seems to have come out of the blue and so the countries are scrambling to get ready.

In Ireland there is a good emphasis on under age cricket. The numbers playing cricket however are tiny and cricket comes way behind Football, Gaelic Football, Hurling, Rugby, Hockey.

I think the Associate Nations have to promote cricket at a young age to attract the few who will play. For example there is a Europen Under 13,15,17 and 19 Champinship involving Ireland, Scotland, Holland and Denmark so these boys are used to playing for their country although never against Test Nations.
The Irish boys are expecting Pakistan and Bangladesh to provide mesmerising spinners and silky skilled batsmen while the West Indies are expected to provide fast bowlers and swashbuckling batsmen.

The entry on the Irish website on 29 February gives some good detail at the bottom and is as follows:

The Irish Cricket Union today announced a squad of 14 for the Clico International tournament which is being held throughout the West Indies from April 19 to May 4.

Hugh Mac Donnell from Leinster will captain the side, and Ben Wylie from Instonians is the vice-captain.

There are 8 countries participating in a firstly a knock-out competition, followed by an International championships, which has been split into two groups.

Ireland have been given a tough draw, facing Pakistan in the knock out phase, while they are drawn with West Indies, Bangladesh and Kenya in the Group stages.

ICU Chairman of Youth and Coaching Jim Bennett said, "Our young cricketers will be able to measure their skills against Test nations and other Associates. The ICU is indebted to all those who have made this possible, and we take this opportunity to thanks the parents and schools for their co-operation and ongoing support of the boys, and we wish our travelling party the very best of luck in the West Indies.

The squad in full is as follows:

Under 15 Squad for Clico International Tournament

* Hugh Mac Donnell (Captain) (Leinster)
* Ben Wylie (Vice-Captain) (Instonians)
* Jonathan Andrews (North County)
* Jordan Coghlan (Clontarf)
* Eoghan Conway (Rush)
* George Dockrell (Leinster)
* Shane Getkate (Malahide)
* Matthew Gillespie (Donemana)
* Hugo Mays (Railway Union)
* Andrew Mc Brine (Donemana)
* Graeme Mc Carter (Killyclooney)
* Philip Moon (Limavady)
* Simon Olphert (Eglinton)
* Jason van der Merwe (Muckamore)
* Brian Gailey (LCU) Manager
* Brian Doherty (NWCU) Coach
* Ryan Haire (NCU) Assistant Coach

Non-travelling reserves

* Jack Glenn (Bready)
* Jordan Magee (Eglinton)
* Andrew Mitchell (Waringstown)
* Barry Mc Carthy (Pembroke)
* Robert McKinley (Larne)
* Alex O’Brien (Merrion)

Note: A number of players declared themselves unavailable for selection due to school and examination commitments.

Knockout Competition

* April 19th.- West Indies v Zimbabwe . Bangladesh v Holland - Barbados .
* April 20th.- ICC Americas v Kenya . Pakistan v Ireland - Barbados .
* 21st April: Winners fly to St Kitts, losing teams flies to Trinidad for practice
* April 22nd: Winner 1 v Winner 4; Winner 2 v Winner 3
* April 25th: Knock out finals at St Kitts

International Championships:

* Group 1: West Indies , Ireland , Bangladesh and Kenya - Trinidad
* Group 2- Pakistan , Holland , ICC Americas and Zimbabwe – Guyana

Groups games are from Saturday, 26th – Tuesday, 29th ( Trinidad )

* May 1st : Semi-finals at Grenada
* May 2nd : Play offs at Tobago
* May 3rd : 3rd Place game at Trinidad
* May 3rd: All teams assemble at Trinidad
* May 4th: Finals / Awards Banquet hosted by Government of Trinidad and Tobago

Eshen
March 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
amar friend anam arafat amit under 15 bd national team e chance paiche:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::joy::joy::joy::gre at::great::flag::flag:E-)
Sorry to spoil it for you, Anam Arafat has not made it into the main team, at this point he is a standby.

BD U/15 Squad:
Iktedar Nazeef Ahmed (captain), Liton Kumar Das (vice-captain/wicketkeeper), Ratnak Saha, Anisur Rahman, Kamran Farhad Sunny, Ahmedul Kabir, Khawja Khairuddin, Rakin Ahmed, Shihabuddin Ahmed, Shahariar Islam, Didar Hossain, Nasim Ahmed, Jashimuddin, Asif Hasan, Mehdi Hasan.

The team will be sent on a two week tour of West Bengal (or Bangla) starting from 25th of this month.

- DS Report (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=28878)

Ratnak Saha from Dhanmondi Cricket Academy is said to be a talent to watch for.

Rabz
March 24, 2008, 12:45 PM
It will be a hard fought battle for all the teams.
At this age group, there is hardly any difference between the test nations and the associates.

Good luck to the "Young" Cubs.

irishman
March 24, 2008, 03:57 PM
It will be a hard fought battle for all the teams.
At this age group, there is hardly any difference between the test nations and the associates.

Good luck to the "Young" Cubs.

I agree that the younger the age the better chance the Associate Nations have of defeating a Test Nation however Ireland and Holland will suffer from two big disadvantages.

Firstly it is winter time in Europe, I can only speak for the Irish here but they have not played a game of cricket since September,some 6 months ago. By the time they arrive in the West Indies they will have had indoor winter nets but no warm-up matches. The Associate Nations would indeed love to go away on a two week camp and play four or five matches together before arriving in the Weat Indies. However that is simply not possible from a time and money perspective

Secondly, the expected temperature and in particular humidity of the West Indies will be a major challenge to the Irish and probably the Dutch. Our boys are not used to such weather and our Under 19's suffered badly in those conditions at the recent Under 19 World Cup.

Having said that I know the boys are eagerly looking forward to the trip and will bring with them the traditional fighting Irish spirit. About six sets of parents are also due to travel to Trinidad for the three group matches in four days.

Rabz
March 25, 2008, 12:04 PM
Tough luck it seems for the European kids.
But i bet it would be an experience to remember.
Hopefully this would lead them to take cricket seriously and we would see good European teams in the future.

And as for travelling parents, its like killing two birds in one stone.
Support the kids and later have a family holiday in the caribbeans.

Eshen
March 25, 2008, 03:26 PM
Pakistan delay naming Under-15 squad (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/343739.html)

Pakistan have delayed announcing their squad for the Under-15 World Cup, which begins in April in the West Indies, because several players were found to be overage after wrist tests were conducted on the 37 probables.

The Pakistan board's junior selection committee had selected a 15-member squad with five stand-bys to be handed over to the National Cricket Academy for the confirmation of their ages.

"Yes, there is a problem as some selected players have been declared overage and we are in the process of having some remaining non-selected players tested," Col. Naushad Ali, the head of the junior selection committee, told Dawn. "We will announce the team in the next couple of days after completing the tests."

The squad was selected after holding a national U-16 tournament in which 180 players took part, 80% of whom were U-15 according to their birth certificates.

irishman
March 26, 2008, 01:05 PM
Tough luck it seems for the European kids.
But i bet it would be an experience to remember.
Hopefully this would lead them to take cricket seriously and we would see good European teams in the future.

And as for travelling parents, its like killing two birds in one stone.
Support the kids and later have a family holiday in the caribbeans.

Europeans have always had to accept that cricket is played in warm weather. Continental Europeans do get good weather in the Summer months of May to September however cricket is not a big sport in these countries.

The major power in the region is of course England and boys from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland who want to make it into the big time try to get a trial with an English County.

It will certainly be a trip to remember

The Europeans that play cricket do take it seriousely, in fact there are Under 13 International teams in Ireland, Scotland, Holland and Denmark so if there is one advantage that Ireland and Holland might have its that they are used to playing for their country.
Each year Euopean countries send a few boys to India for higher level coaching and a number of boys also spend a few months in South Africa. Later on a few try to get to Australia.
It is well recognised in Ireland that to suceed in cricket at a high level a lot of travel must be undertaken, particularly as the Test Nations, with the exception of England, all have warm or hot climates.
Poor weather and lack of finance are the big obstacles but given the minute numbers playing the game in Ireland I think we do quite well.

Most of the boys travelling to the West Indies have State Examinations in early June so there will be no time for a holiday in the Caribbean afterwards but to visit the Caribbean and at the same time watch your son play for their country is a fantastic combination.

djnaved
March 26, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry to spoil it for you, Anam Arafat has not made it into the main team, at this point he is a standby.

miah, standby hoiche to ki hoiche, under 15 e selected hoiche eita to boro kotha..ekshomoy na ekshomoy khelbe:)

arekjonke ami chini, shea hoilo asif hosen ratul, o khubi valo khele, kintu tar discipline nai...

irishman
March 27, 2008, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE

Pakistan have delayed announcing their squad for the Under-15 World Cup, which begins in April in the West Indies, because several players were found to be overage after wrist tests were conducted on the 37 probables.

[/QUOTE]

Please excuse my ignorance but can someone explain what "wrist tests" referred to above are ?

Thanks

irishman

Eshen
March 27, 2008, 05:30 PM
arekjonke ami chini, shea hoilo asif hosen ratul, o khubi valo khele, kintu tar discipline nai...
You mean Asif Hasan ? He got four wickets against CAB U/15.

1st two-day match at Kuchbihar:
CAB U/15 - 234/10 in 71.3 overs (Bijoy 63, Koushik 54; Asif 4/51, Nazeef 3/47, Nasim 1/20)
BD U/15 - 55/2 in 25 overs (Didar 40, Nazeef 6*, Nasim 0*)

djnaved
March 27, 2008, 06:08 PM
nah not this one, the guy that i know him is a batsman.. he scored tons of centuries when i was in bd playing under 13 cricket...there is always a tough copetition between him and my friend anam but i don't know why asif didn't get selected...

Eshen
March 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but can someone explain what "wrist tests" referred to above are ?

Thanks

irishman
For people below 19 years, you can tell their age from maturation of their wrist bones. You can take X-ray of the wrist of a bellow 19 years old, match it with a standard index, and thus tell what is the age of the person.

Zunaid
March 27, 2008, 08:00 PM
For people below 19 years, you can tell their age from maturation of their wrist bones. You can take X-ray of the wrist of a bellow 19 years old, match it with a standard index, and thus tell what is the age of the person.

Some interesting details here:

http://www.udi.no/templates/Tema.aspx?id=7583

irishman
March 28, 2008, 11:43 AM

Thank you for the explanation.

Would the Pakistan boys not have passports or birth certificates to prove their age ?

Surely there is a government record of their birth. The criteria for participating in the tournament is to be born on or after 1 September 1992 which is not that long ago.

Are wrist tests commonplace in many countries ?

Eshen
March 28, 2008, 12:57 PM
Nazeef spearheads Bangladesh U-15s

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=29705

Iftedar Nazeef Ahmed guided Bangladesh Under-15 team to a five-wicket win over Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) Under-15s in the first two-day match at Coochbehar, India yesterday.

Nazeef, the younger brother of national opener Shahriar Nafees, showed all-round performance as he made 79 and claimed three wickets for 47.

Chasing 235, Bangladesh U-15s reached home in 88.3 overs for the loss of five wickets with Rakin contributing unbeaten 88.

CAB U-15s scored 234 in 71.3 overs with Bijoy making team highest 63. Mohammad Asif Hossain was most successful bowler with four for 15.

Bangladesh will play three one-day matches at Balurghat on March 30, at Malda on April 1 and at Burdwan on April 1.

The visitors will end their tour with the 2nd and last two-day match on April 5-6.

Eshen
March 28, 2008, 01:06 PM
Would the Pakistan boys not have passports or birth certificates to prove their age ?

Surely there is a government record of their birth. The criteria for participating in the tournament is to be born on or after 1 September 1992 which is not that long ago.

Are wrist tests commonplace in many countries ?
In South Asian countries ? Yes. It's common culture in South Asian countries to report wrong age (reporting to be younger) for certification purpose as government jobs here have age limits. It's easy to cheat age here as hospitals don't keep a record of births.

I heard age cheating is also a problem in many other Asian and African countries.

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2008, 01:53 PM
Shahriar Nafees er koyta bhai?

irishman
March 28, 2008, 04:43 PM
In South Asian countries ? Yes. It's common culture in South Asian countries to report wrong age (reporting to be younger) for certification purpose as government jobs here have age limits. It's easy to cheat age here as hospitals don't keep a record of births.

I heard age cheating is also a problem in many other Asian and African countries.

I find this very sad and disappointing.

Does this not mean that any underage team (15's through to 19's) from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka could contain overage players ?

So no matter how well Pakistan or Bangladesh do in the upcoming Under 15 tournament in the West Indies there may well be the suspicion that some of the boys are overage.

If this is the case then it is terrible news and makes a mockery of the notion that boys within an agreed age limit play against each other.

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
Not in Bangladesh, not anymore. Things have changed over the years - we don't play 27 year olds in our U-15 teams anymore. Sri Lanka and India are generally clean as well.

But you might find a few "dads of seven" in the Pakistan side.

irishman
March 28, 2008, 04:59 PM
Not in Bangladesh, not anymore. Things have changed over the years - we don't play 27 year olds in our U-15 teams anymore. Sri Lanka and India are generally clean as well.

But you might find a few "dads of seven" in the Pakistan side.

That's good to hear

djnaved
March 28, 2008, 05:46 PM
Shahriar Nafees er koyta bhai?

dui vai... ek vai under 19 e...
arek vai under 15 e

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2008, 05:52 PM
Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
Iftekhar Nayeem Ahmed
Iftedar Nazeef Ahmed

So far, majhkhaner ta ekta loser!

Eshen
March 28, 2008, 07:47 PM
Does this not mean that any underage team (15's through to 19's) from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka could contain overage players ?
The answer is no. As you can see, all the subcontinental teams now medically verify player ages before sending them to any international age group competition.

Eshen
March 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
Pakistan squad for Under-15 World Cup finalized (http://www.geosuper.tv/news_detail.asp?id=10909)

LAHORE: The Pakistan squad has been finalized for the Under-15 Cricket World Cup, to be held in the West Indies.

According to the sources, the players included in the Pakistan squad are Babar Azam, Mohammad Naeem, Hasan Azad, Umer Siddiq, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Asif, Ahsan Ali, Mohammad Qazzafi, Altaf Ahmed, Naqqash Basharat, Waqar Khan, Ali Dawood, Ahsan Mirza Baig, Usman Qadir and Zafar Gohar.

Ali Nadeem, Syed Umair Abbas, Ehsan Ali and Shahzeb Ali will be reserved players.

** Usman Qadir is the son of legendary leg spinner Abdul Qadir. He is said to be a copy cat of his father.

irishman
March 29, 2008, 07:36 AM
The answer is no. As you can see, all the subcontinental teams now medically verify player ages before sending them to any international age group competition.

While it is good that such medical verification is carried out I cannot imagine that such verification can establish a precise date of birth.

The cut off for this tournament is boys born on or after 1 September 1992. If the wrist tests are accurate to within, for example, six months then it is quite possible that a number of boys who would be ineligible for other countries could play in the tournament despite being a day, a week, a month or even a few months overage.

While such medical verification will probably rule out 17 or 18 year olds it seems to me that there is still a degree of uncertainty and inaccuracy which allows overage boys to be selected.

Before anyone thinks I am being too precise please bear in mind that there are many examples of boys in other countries being overage by a few days or a week or a couple of months and they are automatically ruled out based on their birth certificate. No exceptions are made and there can be no human intervention, opinion or estimating someone's age that determines someones date of birth. It is a matter of fact cast in stone from the day you are born.

Eshen
March 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
Irishman, if it's any consolation to you, ICC generally allow associate teams to field a year older players in age group tournaments (like 20 years olds in U/19 world cup). However, my understanding is that this tournament is not an ICC event, the organizers here may not give associates the same slack.

irishman
March 29, 2008, 05:21 PM
Irishman, if it's any consolation to you, ICC generally allow associate teams to field a year older players in age group tournaments (like 20 years olds in U/19 world cup). However, my understanding is that this tournament is not an ICC event, the organizers here may not give associates the same slack.

Yes, Associate Countries are allowed field an Under 16 team in this tournament as it has been sanctioned by the ICC. Ireland have chosen to bring 5 Under 16's and 9 Under 15's in their squad of 14.

However that allowance to Associate Countries is in recognition of the clear disparity between Test and Associate countries. There are vast differences between Test and Associate countries the major ones being the numbers playing the games, the infrastructure and training and the finances available.

My point on the use of wrist tests is completely different and the fact that I am from an Associate Country does not lessen the merits of my arguements.

Eshen
March 30, 2008, 06:03 PM
BD U/15 won the first one-day match against CAB U/15 by 65 runs. Sent into bat first, BD U/15 scored 198 for 9 wickets in 41 overs, with Didar scoring a fifty. In replay the CAB team got bundled out for 133 in 39.4 overs, with Shihabuddin taking 6 wickets for 28 runs.

- New Age

bdchamp20
March 31, 2008, 03:56 PM
Iftekar Nayeem Ahmed is he still playing cricket? After the SL U-19 tour didnt see him in the team anymore, is he overage? He played 2/3 matches Barisal Div., didnt he?

akabir77
March 31, 2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, Associate Countries are allowed field an Under 16 team in this tournament as it has been sanctioned by the ICC. Ireland have chosen to bring 5 Under 16's and 9 Under 15's in their squad of 14.

However that allowance to Associate Countries is in recognition of the clear disparity between Test and Associate countries. There are vast differences between Test and Associate countries the major ones being the numbers playing the games, the infrastructure and training and the finances available.

My point on the use of wrist tests is completely different and the fact that I am from an Associate Country does not lessen the merits of my arguements.

I guess u can see it this way.

Yes you r right that 1st world country boys can't play even if they r 1 day older where as 3rd world country like us have some players whom might be 6 months over the age limit.

Now tell me how much does that make a difference between two player 6 month old or not?

Also in 1st world country player gets good food nutrition and etc from their birth they r in good shape from their child hood. where as in 3rd wc country boys don't even get a day worth of food until they get selected for the team and stuff and hence i think this 6 month doesn't hold any advantage towards the older players.

U have to understand this is something we can't change in a day. we still have baby births at home without any dr. present so how do u expect to have a birth certificate?

My parents doesn't even know their real birth dates and never celebrates their bdays. so go figure...

irishman
March 31, 2008, 06:03 PM
I guess u can see it this way.

Yes you r right that 1st world country boys can't play even if they r 1 day older where as 3rd world country like us have some players whom might be 6 months over the age limit.

Now tell me how much does that make a difference between two player 6 month old or not?

Also in 1st world country player gets good food nutrition and etc from their birth they r in good shape from their child hood. where as in 3rd wc country boys don't even get a day worth of food until they get selected for the team and stuff and hence i think this 6 month doesn't hold any advantage towards the older players.

U have to understand this is something we can't change in a day. we still have baby births at home without any dr. present so how do u expect to have a birth certificate?

My parents doesn't even know their real birth dates and never celebrates their bdays. so go figure...

I appreciate and agree with the points you have made in terms of the "bigger picture". I also accept that these changes cannot be made overnight and that there is more to life than cricket.

A phrase I have heard is "Sport is the toy department of life".

At a young age 6 months can make a big difference, not so when you are older. But your point about 1st World boys benefitting from better nutrition than 3rd World boys is well made.

Kind Regards

Miraz
April 1, 2008, 08:58 AM
LICO INTERNATIONAL U-15 CRICKET CHAMPIONSHIPS W E S T I N D I E S 2 0 0 8

Thur April 17 Welcome Ceremony Accra Beach Resort,
<wbr> Barbados
(Sponsored by Government of Barbados)

KNOCK OUT

Date Match Venue
Sat April 19 West Indies vs Zimbabwe Barbados (1)
Bangladesh vs Holland Barbados (2)

Sun April 20 Pakistan vs Ireland Barbados (3)
America’s Dev. vs Kenya Barbados (4)

Semi Finals
Tue April 22 Winner (1) vs Winner (4) St. Kitts (5)
Winner (2) vs Winner (3) Nevis (6)

FINAL
Thurs April 24 Winner (5) vs Winner (6) St. Kitts

GROUP STAGE

Date Match Venue
Round One
Group 1 - Trinidad & Tobago
Sat April 26
West Indies vs Bangladesh Queens Park Oval
Ireland vs Kenya NCC, Couva

Group 2 – Guyana
Pakistan vs Holland National Stadium
America’s Dev. vs Zimbabwe Bourda, GCC

Round Two
Group 1 – Trinidad & Tobago
Sun April 27 West Indies vs Ireland Queens Park Oval
Bangladesh vs Kenya NCC, Couva

Group 2 – Guyana
Zimbabwe vs Holland National Stadium
America’s Dev vs Pakistan Bourda, GCC

Round Three
Group 1 – Trinidad & Tobago
Tue April 29 Kenya vs West Indies Queens Park Oval
Bangladesh vs Ireland NCC, Couva

Group 2 – Guyana
Pakistan vs Zimbabwe National Stadium
Holland vs America’s Dev Bourda, GCC

Semi Finals

Thur May 01 Winner Group 1 vs Runner Up Grp 2 Grenada (1)

Winner Group 2 vs Runner Up Grp 1 Grenada (2)

Play Offs
Thur May 01 5<sup>th</sup> & 6<sup>th</sup> Place Tobago

Fri May 02 7<sup>th</sup> & 8<sup>th</sup> Place Tobago

Third Place Play off
Sat May 03 Loser (1) vs Loser (2) Queens Park Oval
Trinidad

FINAL
Sun May 04 Winner (1) vs Winner (2) Queens Park Oval
Trinidad

Sun May 04 Closing Ceremony Pier 1,
Chaguaramas, Trinidad
(Sponsored by All Sport Promotions, CLICO, Event Sponsor
And the Government of Trinidad & Tobago)

Miraz
April 1, 2008, 08:59 AM
CLICO INTERNATIONAL UNDER 15 CRICKET CHAMPIONSHIPS

UMPIRE APPOINTMENTS

Knock Out

Date Venue Umpires

Sat April 19 Barbados (1) Marais Erasmus & Nadir Shah
Barbados (2) Tinaye Matare & Vincent Bullen

Sun April 20 Barbados (3) Nadir Shah & Tinaye Matare
Barbados (4) Marais Erasmus & Earl Collymore

Tue April 22 St. Kitts (5) Nadir Shah & Luther Kelly
St. Kitts (6) Tinaye Matare & Whycliffe Mitchum

Thurs April 24 St. Kitts Marais Erasmus & Tinaye Matare

Group Stage

Date Venue Umpires
Round One
Group 1 (Trinidad & Tobago)
Sat April 26 Queen’s Park Oval Marais Erasmus & Hayden Bruce
NCC, Couva Nadir Shah & Peter Nero
Group 2 (Guyana)
Sat April 26 National Stadium Tinaye Matare & Devteerth Anandjit
Bourda, GCC Colin Alfred & Dasroy Balgobin

Round Two
Sun April 27 Queen’s Park Oval Nadir Shah & Hayden Bruce
NCC, Couva Marais Erasmus & Peter Nero
Group 2 (Guyana)
Sun April 27 National Stadium Colin Alfred & Davteerth Anandjit
Bourda, GCC Tinaye Matare & Dasroy Balgobin

Round Three
Tue April 29 Queen’s Park Oval Marais Erasmus & Peter Nero
NCC, Couva Nadir shah & Hayden Bruce
Group 2 (Guyana)
Tue April 29 National Stadium Tinaye Matare & Colin Alfred
Bourda, GCC Dasroy Balgobin & D. Anandjit

Semi Finals
Thurs May 01 Grenada Marais Erasmus & Ivan Lorde
Grenada Tinaye Matare & Nadir Shah

Play Offs
Thur May 01 Tobago (5<sup>th</sup> & 6<sup>th</sup>) Earl Collymore & Kasso Dowlath
Fri May 02 Tobago (7<sup>th</sup> & 8<sup>th</sup>) Hayden Bruce & Peter Nero

Third Place Play Off
Sat May 03 Queen’s Park Oval Vincent Bullen & Tinaye Matare

Final
Sun May 04 Queen’s Park Oval Marais Erasmus & Nadir Shah
(Standby: Tinaye Matare)

akabir77
April 1, 2008, 10:47 AM
I appreciate and agree with the points you have made in terms of the "bigger picture". I also accept that these changes cannot be made overnight and that there is more to life than cricket.

A phrase I have heard is "Sport is the toy department of life".

At a young age 6 months can make a big difference, not so when you are older. But your point about 1st World boys benefitting from better nutrition than 3rd World boys is well made.

Kind Regards

Thanks for your understanding. we are going there slowly but steadily. we have just implemented national ID (some thing like Social security number) so in future this practice of having different B date then original will be solved inshallah.

bdchamp20
April 1, 2008, 11:24 AM
Nadir Shah?No India, Australia, South Africa? What kind of tounament is this?

irishman
April 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
Nadir Shah?No India, Australia, South Africa? What kind of tounament is this?

My understanding is that for different reasons Australia declined to send a side as did England and New Zealand. I have heard nothing regarding India or South Africa.

Mabey if the tournament is successful then it might become in time an official Under 15 World Cup and then you would see every Test Nation sending teams. It is sanctioned by the ICC but perhaps the suddenness of the decision to hold such a tournament caught some countries off guard.

The initial Under 19 World Cup was played once, some 10 years before it became a regular event.

Eshen
April 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
U-15s beat CAB again

United News of Bangladesh . Dhaka

The Bangladesh Under-15 cricket team maintained their winning run beating CAB U-15 team by 55 runs in the second one-day match at Malda in West Bengal on Tuesday.

Batting first, Bangladesh posted 207 in 48.3 overs with Rakin top scoring with 78 runs while Didar made 24. Abhimanyu claimed three for 22.

In reply, the hosts were dismissed for 152 in 40.2 overs. Abhishek scored highest 38. Nasum captured 4-21 while Shihab took three for 36.

The third and final one-day match will be played on Thursday t Burdwan.

auntu
April 1, 2008, 02:16 PM
BD U-15 doing good

Eshen
April 3, 2008, 05:54 PM
BD boys got beaten in the last one-day badly.

Bengal win (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080404/jsp/sports/story_9094576.jsp)

Calcutta: Bengal Under-15 boys beat their Bangladeshi counterparts by eight wickets in a friendly tie in Bardhaman on Thursday. Captain Abhishek Raman’s unbeaten 61 helped Bengal reach the target of 93 in 26.3 overs.

BRIEF SCORES
Bangladesh U-15 92 in 30.4 (Md D. Hossain 19; M. Das 3/19, S.O. Singh 3/3). Bengal U-15 93/2 in 26.3 (Abhishek Raman 61 not out). Bengal won by 8 wkts.

BANFAN
April 3, 2008, 06:59 PM
If they are loosing to Bengal U 15, what will happen with india U 15?

Eshen
April 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
India U/15 won't take part in this tournament.

I think it was just a one off performance. Our boys were probably complacent after dominating the CAB team for a week.

Murad
April 9, 2008, 01:16 PM
U-15 squad for WI named
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced a 14-member team yesterday to take part in the Clico International Under-15 Challenge competitions in the West Indies.

Iktedar Nazeef Ahmed, youngest brother of national opener Shahriar Nafees, has been named captain and Liton Kumar Das was made his deputy for the eight-team tournament to be held from April 19 to May 4.

The participating teams are West Indies, Pakistan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Holland, Bangladesh and the International Cricket Council (ICC) Americas team, comprising players from Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and The Bahamas.

Matches will be played in Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Guyana, Barbados and St Kitts, and will be the first of its kind since the Costcutter Under-15 championships that was won by the West Indies in England in 2000.

The tournament will start with a knockout phase from April 19 to 24 and the league competition runs from April 26 to May 4.

Bangladesh Under-15 side is scheduled to leave Dhaka on April 15.

SQUAD
Iktedar Nazeef Ahmed (captain), Liton Kumar Das (vice-captain), Ratnak Shaha, Anisur Rahman, Mehedi Hasan, Ahamedul Kabir, Khaza Khairuddin, Rakin Ahmed, Shihabuddin Ahmed, Shahariar Islam, Didar Hossain, Nasum Ahmed, Jasimuddin and Asif Hasan.

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=31558

Nafi
April 9, 2008, 03:19 PM
Why in the world is there an international under 15 tournament.

Really I must say it is pretty pointless to follow

irishman
April 9, 2008, 05:35 PM

Do you not see any benefits in cricketing terms or indeed social terms arising out of such a tournament.

The boys from all countries participating can learn a lot about the different styles of cricket, the different skills and also make them realise that 15 year old boys the world over have a lot in common. Is this not a good thing ?

My question would be "Why not have such a tournament ?"

Sovik
April 9, 2008, 07:03 PM

i would certainly follow this tournament.

Nafis_BD
April 9, 2008, 08:06 PM
Wow I don't know anyone else in this team other than Ratnak bhaiya. Come on bhaiya, get a century and make us proud. Everyone in DCA will be supporting you!!:)

Farhad
April 10, 2008, 12:34 AM
Shouldnt this thread be in the "Bangladesh cricket" section? Oh, and i know its a bit late, but welcome to BC irishman!

Nocturnal
April 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
The Bangladesh Under-15 squad and officials pose for a group photograph, Bangladesh Under-15 in West Indies, 2007-08 (source-TC/CI)-

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/89400/89440.jpg

Sohel
April 13, 2008, 05:37 PM
Adorable pichchis ! Mashallah ! ... :)

zainab
April 13, 2008, 08:19 PM
They are so young and adorable, I am surprised that their parents are allowing these batchas to travel to the other side of the world. This is good exposure for them, not only cricket, but socially also, because there are teams from all over the world and they can interact with them. i hope they know how to speak and understand English.

Nafis_BD
April 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
Ratnak bhaiya has grown a lot. These guys look pretty young. Hopefully they make us proud!!

zainab
April 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
Shouldnt this thread be in the "Bangladesh cricket" section? Oh, and i know its a bit late, but welcome to BC irishman!

I agree! Even though it is an u15 team, it is still BD playing and not another country.

Tigers_eye
April 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
malnutrition'a bhugtasey naki? :-p (I was no better at that stage) Wish them all the best.

ahaque
April 14, 2008, 08:57 AM
great

irishman
April 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
I agree! Even though it is an u15 team, it is still BD playing and not another country.

I do not understand your reference to "another country"

Thanks

Razi
April 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hey guys, there is a different thread on this topic in Bangladesh Cricket section and hope you guys join there and get updated with latest news.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=26466

Eshen
April 17, 2008, 11:45 AM
More teams come in

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161310715

All eyes in the cricketing world are focused on the CLICO International Under-15 Cricket Championships, which warmed up yesterday with the arrival of the Americas, Bangladesh, Ireland and Pakistan teams in Barbados.

Today the teams from Kenya, Holland and Malaysia will also arrive in Barbados for what is considered as the Under-15 "World Cup".

The last such tournament-the Costcutter Under-15 World Challenge Championships-was held in England in 2000, with the West Indies emerging as winners after they defeated Pakistan in a thrilling final at the famous Lord's cricket ground.

As such, they are virtually the reigning champions and are expected to give a spirited defence.

The Championships begin officially today with a welcome dinner at the Accra Beach Hotel, Barbados, with the various teams and their managers meeting their counterparts in a social atmosphere.

The tournament bowls off on Saturday with the opening match between West Indies and Malaysia, who have replaced Zimbabwe in the Championships. Saturday's other game will be between Bangladesh and Holland.

West Indies U-15 Squad: Stephen Katwaroo (Captain), Anthony Alleyne, Sunil Ambris, Kraigg Brathwaite, John Campbell, Derone Davis, Rico Depeiza, Nino Henry, Kaveem Hodge, Amir Khan, Donavon Nelson, Omar Samuel, Akeem Saunders, Raymund Senior.

Manager: Peter Vaughn; Coach: Keith Arthurton; Physio: Phyllis Burnett.

Eshen
April 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
Ireland 99 all out (43.3 overs, Jason van der Merwe 25, Shane Getgate 23, Ahsan Jamil 3-6, Zasar Gohar 2-12)
Pakistan

Kenya 133 (46 overs, E Bundy 22, N Kumar 3-14 runs, T Manoosingh 3-37)
ICC Americas XI 31-2 (6 overs)

www.cricketeurope4.net

AsifTheManRahman
April 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
Good to see a Scholastican captaining a national outfit.

Also, go Americas!

Eshen
April 20, 2008, 10:23 PM
Pakistan crush Ireland to send early warning signal

http://www.antiguasun.com/paper/?as=view&sun=202741098804202008&an=151825098404202008&ac=Sports

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) – Pakistan confirmed their status as pre-tournament favourites with a commanding victory over Ireland in the opening round of the knockout section of the CLICO World Under-15 Cricket Championship.

Playing at Kensington Oval yesterday, Pakistan dismissed the Irish for a mere 99 off 43.3 overs and then raced to 104 for two off 20.5 overs to win by eight wickets.

Choosing to bat after winning the toss on a flat pitch, the Irish lads were in trouble from the start and slipped to one run for two wickets in the day’s fourth over.

It required a third wicket stand of 42 between Hugo Mays who batted close to an hour for 13 and Shane Getkate, with 23 from 39 balls to rebuild the innings.

Getkate hit two polished boundaries, and was later joined by Jason van der Merwe, who top-scored with 25. Van der Merwe, a tall right-hander, was the ninth batsman to be dismissed after hitting three fours off 57 balls.

He was one of three wickets for leg-spinner Usman Qadir, the son of former Test leg-spinner Abdul Qadir, who flighted the ball cleverly and also got spin and bounce to end with three for 22 from ten overs.

The most outstanding bowler however was Mirza Ahsan Jamil, a left-arm chinaman and googly specialist, who picked up three for six from 7.4 overs, while Zafar Gohar, the third slow bowler in the team, captured two for 12 from nine overs.

Despite being on the back foot for most of their innings Ireland never lost hope. The batsmen ran well between the wickets and were keen to pick up all available runs.

However, they could do nothing about the lack of quality in their batting and the Pakistani bowlers simply exploited their shortcomings against the turning ball.

In their turn at the crease, Pakistan raced to the target hitting 15 boundaries as they sought to emphasise their dominance. By lunch they had reached 55 for one off just eight overs and after the break they maintained that momentum.

Opener Mohammad Naeem top-scored with 34 including six fours and added 50 for the first wicket with Mohammad Babar who hit four fours in his polished 20. The match was ended in style when Ahsan Ali hit a massive six over square leg to move to 27 not out off 25 balls.

The Pakistanis will now journey to St Kitts where they will face Bangladesh in the semi-finals. The Asian Tigers defeated The Netherlands by nine wickets on Saturday.

al-Sagar
April 21, 2008, 02:27 AM
Abar pakistan

irishman
April 21, 2008, 03:42 AM
Well,

The Irish Boys had their eyes opened today losing by 8 wickets against Pakistan.

With the West Indies and Bangladesh also cruising to victory over Malaysia and Holland respectively, the three Test Nations demonstrated the gulf betwen Test Nations and the Associates.

Still, although such defeats are tough to take the Irish and no doubt Malaysia and Holland will have learnt a lot.

The heat in Barbados did not prove a problem for Ireland however their inexperience against such quality bowling showed as did their lack of match practice, this match together with a warm up match on Friday being the first outdoor cricket since August for most of the boys.

From what I have heard though the boys are very taken with the Caribbean so far and of course are deeply impressed with the cricket, in particular the West Indies whom they described as "slick".

Bangladesh versus Pakistan should be an interesting semi-final this week

AsifTheManRahman
April 21, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm sure it's a good experience for our boys as much as it is for yours, irishman. After all they're just kids, and enjoying themselves should be the primary concern; the weight of representing one's country and the subsequent process of learning your trade should come after that.

irishman
April 21, 2008, 06:31 PM
I'm sure it's a good experience for our boys as much as it is for yours, irishman. After all they're just kids, and enjoying themselves should be the primary concern; the weight of representing one's country and the subsequent process of learning your trade should come after that.

I agree.

Yesterday I spoke with my son by telephone and he was like a little boy who although had been part of a team well beaten by Pakistan, explained to me that his eyes had really been opened. What impressed him was playing on the ground where the World Cup Final had been held and of course the skills of the opposition.
I could tell from how he spoke that he now fully realised how deep is the talent pool in the Test nations. Of course he is very interested to see how boys of his age from other countries play and behave, that is a great learning eperience for him.
Naturally the food, the climate, the people and the travel all contribute to this being a wonderful trip and the boys are having fun as well.

I will be in Trinidad for the Group matches and no doubt will enjoy the whole experience.

AsifTheManRahman
April 21, 2008, 11:05 PM
Good to know about your son. Congratulations!

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 12:49 PM
Florida's Steven Taylor shines as ICC Americas defeats Kenya

http://www.dreamcricket.com/dreamcricket/news.hspl?nid=8914&ntid=4

The ICC Americas Development Under-15 cricket team beat Kenya Under-15'a on Sunday in Barbados. West Indies beat Malaysia on Saturday by 146 runs in their first round game.

Americas will now play the highly competitive West Indies side in the first semi-final of the Clico International Under-15 Cricket Championship.

Playing against a strong Kenyan side, the ICC Americas side bowled out Kenya for 133 runs in 46 overs, then scored 134 runs for 4 wickets to win by 6 wickets.

South Florida's stylish left-hander Steven Taylor scored 26 runs and left an imprint on those watching the Americas team. He fell to Kenyan Kush Gorshia who bowled a tight spell of 14 runs from 7 overs. Americas captain Nitish Kumar (Ontario, Canada) was awarded the Man-of-the-Match for his 3 for 14 runs in 10 overs. Joshua Gilbert (Bermuda) took 2 wickets for 11 runs in 6 overs, and also contributed with the bat scoring a brilliant 43 runs not out. Emmanuel Bundi led Kenyan batting with 22 runs but his side was unable to defend its smallish total. Trevor Manoosingh (Manitoba) took 2 for 37 runs.

A second phase begins next weekend with the eight participating teams being divided into two groups of four and the top two from each section advance to semi-finals, and the winners of those matches meet in an overall final in Trinidad on May 4th.

Pakistan beat Ireland by 8 wickets and Bangladesh beat Netherlands in the tournament's other matches. Pakistan and Bangladesh will meet in the other semi-final.

The semi-finals will take place in St Kitts on Tuesday and the Final of the Knock-out competition is at Warner Park, St Kitts on Thursday (April 24).

Tigers_eye
April 22, 2008, 01:01 PM
congrats Irishman. I hope and pray to be in your shoes in near future. Keep us updated and share some experiences. Thank you.

bdchamp20
April 22, 2008, 01:28 PM
It would be more interesting if the boys faced Pakistan in the fianls, but anyway it looks like its going to be West Indies that they will play in the finals. Come on Tigers, lets get revenge on Pakistan!

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 11:49 PM
Bangladesh is out of the knockout tournament.

BAN U15 Vs PAK U15
BAN U15 131/10 Over - 47.2; Ratnak 46, Rakin 28; Waqar 2/8
PAK U15 132/8 Over - Nayeem 52, Hasan 44; Nazeef 5/23, Asif 2/15

Murad
April 23, 2008, 12:24 AM
Bangladesh is out of the knockout tournament.

BAN U15 Vs PAK U15
BAN U15 131/10 Over - 47.2; Ratnak 46, Rakin 28; Waqar 2/8
PAK U15 132/8 Over - Nayeem 52, Hasan 44; Nazeef 5/23, Asif 2/15

We will not play the group stage games now?

irishman
April 23, 2008, 09:40 AM
We will not play the group stage games now?

Bangladesh will play in the Group Stages, which is a seperate competition from the knock-out, commencing next Saturday 26th against West Indies, then Sunday against Kenya and finally Tuesday against Ireland.

The top two teams will contest the semi-finals in Grenada while the bottom two teams will play off with teams from the other section in Tobago to determine overall tournament ranking i.e. 5th,6th7th and 8th place

Rabz
April 23, 2008, 01:01 PM
Not pak again.

oh well, its just u-15.
well played boys, nonetheless.

Eshen
April 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
Scorecards for the tournament -

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/WI/2007-08_WI_Clico_International_Under-15_Cricket_Championships_2007-08.html

Eshen
April 26, 2008, 11:35 PM
Campbell century helps Windies U-15 whip Bangladesh (http://www.windiescricket.com/index.cfm?objectid=8D195899-CC92-EBB1-2203E773AB61BFBF&pageid=1075731D-0396-C331-5752FB196E23257B&category=1073CA68-ED9A-4F2D-E7D5984D3D51986C)

WEST INDIES
K Braithwaite lbw b Islam 5
J Campbell c R Ahmed b N Ahmed 112
R Senior b Islam 7
S Ambris c Das b Islam 9
S Katwaroo lbw b Khairuddin 10
A Saunders run out 23
K Hodge st Das b N Ahmed 15
K Mayers b N Ahmed 4
D Davis not out 10
D Nelson run out 7
N Henry run out 0
Extras (b2, lb5, w28) 35
TOTAL (all out, 49.5 overs) 237
Fall of wickets: 1-27, 2-39, 3-64, 4-113, 5-171, 6-193, 7-203, 8-218, 9-227, 10-237.
Bowling: Arpon 9-0-46-0, Islam 10-1-36-3, Khairuddin 10-0-39-1, Hassan 10-0-45-0, Ahmed 9.5-0-55-3, N Ahmed 1-0-9-0.

BANGLADESH
K Ahmed b Mayers 0
S Kabir c Campbell b Nelson 80
N Hossain b Mayers 7
R Saha c Brathwaite b Senior 11
R Ahmed c Campbell b Nelson 18
K Das st Katwaroo b Nelson 15
K Khairuddin lbw b Hodge 12
S Islam run out 13
R Arpon not out 8
N Ahmed not out 3
Extras (b5, lb4, w17, nb7) 33
TOTAL (8 wkts, 50 overs) 200
Fall of wickets: 1-0, 2-23, 3-82, 4-137, 5-161, 6-186, 7-193, 8-193.
Did not bat: M Hassan.
Bowling: Mayers 7-0-21-2, Henry 5-1-36-0, Senior 10-2-23-1, Davis 10-2-23-0, Hodge 4-0-24-1, Nelson 10-0-43-3, Campbell 4-0-21-0.

Result: West Indies won by 37 runs.
Man-of-the-Match: John Campbell.
Toss: West Indies.

Eshen
April 27, 2008, 08:38 PM
CLICO International U-15 Match Results (2nd Round, League Championship)

http://www.windiescricket.com/index.cfm?objectid=91AD9E4B-9775-A877-3FED4ECD39AA1379&pageid=1075731D-0396-C331-5752FB196E23257B&category=1073CA68-ED9A-4F2D-E7D5984D3D51986C

West Indies beat Ireland by 103 runs
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – West Indies beat Ireland by 103 runs in their second round, CLICO International Under-15 Championship league match at Queen’s Park Oval Sunday.

Scores:
West Indies 220-5 off 50 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 98, Sunil Ambris 40, Derone Davis 29 not out; Jason Van De Merwe 2-36).
Ireland 117 off 45.4 overs (Shane Getkate 20; Derone Davis 4-29, Ramon Senior 2-20, Amir Khan 3-17).

Bangladesh beat Kenya by 187 runs
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Bangladesh beat Kenya by 187 runs in their second round, CLICO International Under-15 Championship league match at the National Cricket Centre Sunday.

Scores:
Bangladesh 257-8 off 50 overs (Rakin Ahmed 75, Kumar Das 64, Mohammed Hossain 33, Ratnak Saha 22; Emmanuel Bundi 2-53).
Kenya 70 off 40.5 overs (Irfan Karim 28; Asif Hasan 5-11, Shahariar Islam 4-10).

Malaysia beat The Netherlands by nine wickets
GEORGETOWN, Guyana – Malaysia beat The Netherlands by nine wickets in their second round, CLICO International Under-15 Championship league match at the National Stadium at Providence Sunday.

Scores:
The Netherlands 133 off 40.4 overs (Stefan Ekelmans 26, Nick Worries 24, Jaap Dickmann 24; Pavithren Nadaesan 4-23).
Malaysia 134-1 off 31.1 overs (Zubair Asyraf 58 not out, Keithal Goonasagaran 57 not out).

Pakistan beat Americas XI by 293 runs
GEORGETOWN, Guyana – Pakistan beat Americas Development XI in their second round, CLICO International Under-15 Championship league match at Bourda Sunday.

Scores:
Pakistan 416-6 off 50 overs (Muhammad Barbar 165, Muhammed Naeem 72, Muhammad Nawaz 50, Muhammad Qadaffi 39, Zafar Gohar 25, Ahsan Ali 24; Trevor Manoosingh 4-103)
Americas XI 123 off 45 overs (Abhijit Joshi 70; Muhammad Nawaz 3-17, Basharat 2-13, Qadir 2-20).

Miraz
April 28, 2008, 07:56 AM
Date : Sunday 27 April, 08 ( West Indies time )

Result :Bangladesh won by 187 runs

Kenya win the Toss - elected to field.
BD - 257/8 in 50 overs.
Rakin - 75, Anisur Rahman - 21 , Litton kumar - 64 and Didar hossain - 33.
Kenya - 70/10 in 40 overs.
T Karim - 22 no.
Shahariar - 4/10 in 10 overs
Asif Hasan - 5/11 in 10 ovrs
Man of the match Shahariar of BD.

Eshen
April 29, 2008, 04:47 PM
10 wicket victor for the WI of Kenya in U-15

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/7663/48/

The West Indies (WI) defeated Kenya by 10 wickets at the Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad and Tobago to preserve their unbeaten record in the league competition of the Clico Under-15 International Tournament.

Ramon Senior's 4 for 15, Derone Davis' 2 for 2 and Nino Henry's 2 for 23 first combined to dismiss Kenya for 86 off 28.3 overs.

In form openers John Campbell hit 43 and Kraigg Brathwaite 37's guided the WI to 87 without loss off 14.1 overs.

The WI will now travel to Grenada for the semi-fnals against Malaysia who went down by 8 wickets to Zone ‘B' winners and knockout champion Pakistan at the National Stadium in Providence.

Ashan Mirza's 4 for 19, Muhammad Nawaz's 3 for 1 combined to dismiss Malaysia for 76 off 38.4 overs.

Muhammad Azan had 33, Ahsan Abbasi 23 and Muhammad Qaddafi on 22 not out guided Pakistan to 82 for 2 off 19.1 overs.

Pakistan will next face Bangladesh who clinched the last semi-final spot by beating Ireland by 5 wickets at the National Cricket Centre.

Ireland sent to bat was bowled out for 140 with Hugo McDonald making 53, and Ben Wylie 39.

Nazell Ahamed took 5 for 18.

Didar Hossain 61 not out and Rakin Ahmed 48 not out guided Bangladesh to victory at 142-5 off 31.5 overs.

America's Development XI made 187 for 7 with Jit Joshi hitting 65, Nitish Kumar 52 and Paul Van-Meekeren taking 2 wickets for 55 runs.

AsifTheManRahman
April 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
Scholastica power. Go Rakin!

Miraz
April 30, 2008, 05:55 AM
angladesh Cricket Board BCB U/15 Team Tour of West Indies – 2008
MATCH REPORT

<wbr> CLICO InternationalChallenge

Vs. Ireland U15 @ NCC, Trinidad.Date: 29 APR 2008 Toss: BCB U/15 Team

RESULT BCB U/15 Team win by 5 Wickets

HIGHLIGHTS
<table border="2" cellspacing="0" width="0"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="52%"> Batting First</td> <td width="47%"> Batting Second</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td>IRELAND U/15 – 140/10 in 48 over
H Mecdonnell – 53
B Whylie - 39

Kairuddin – 10over 0M 36 runs 1 wickets
Nasum Ahmed – 8 Ovr 0M 18 runs 0 Wickets
Asif - 8 over 1 M 18 runs 2 wickets
Iktedar Nazeef – 8 over 1 M 18 runs 5 wickets

</td> <td>BCB U/15 – 142/5 31.5 over
Didar Hossain – 61
Rakin Ahmed - 48 no

E Conway – 6 over 0 M 32 runs 3 wicket
</td></tr> </tbody></table>

RUN RATE OVER RATE FIELDING %

PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED PLAYERS
<table border="2" cellspacing="0" width="0"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="8%">Sl No</td> <td width="38%">Name of Players </td> <td width="53%">Remarks </td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td>
01</td> <td>Iktedar Nazeef Ahmed </td> <td>Man of the Match</td></tr></tbody></table>

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 05:49 PM
Nazeef's bowling figures in the tournament so far (given in overs-mdns-runs-wkts format) -

2.3-1-7-1 (against Netherlands)
10-0-23-5 (against Pakistan)
9.5-0-55-3 (against WI)
3-0-7-0 (against Kenya)
8-1-18-5 (against Ireland)

It's too early to comment, but so far he is looking promising as a leg spinner.

MohammedC
April 30, 2008, 06:36 PM
West Indies will travel to Grenada to take on Malaysia while Pakistan will play Bangladesh.

We play pakistan again....

Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/347992.html)

MohammedC
May 1, 2008, 06:10 PM
<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">WI/Pakistan Clico final </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Thursday, 01 May 2008 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>As expected, West Indies and Pakistan will contest the league final of the Clico International Under-15 championship after both teams had semi-final victories over Malaysia and Bangladesh respectively in Grenada.

This will be a repeat of the Knockout final won by Pakistan.

The West Indies beat Malaysia by 8 wickets in their semi-final at Progress Park.

Malaysia electing to bat made 160 off 49.5 overs as Kaverin Hdge took 4 for 33 and Derron <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Davis</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> 2 for 23.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P> Ramon Senior with 69 and Kraig Bratwaite with 52 guided West Indies to 166 for 2.
Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 6 wickets in their semi-final at la Sagesse Park.

Bangladesh, electing to take first strike was dismissed for 126 off 47.5 overs.

The final will be contested at the Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad and Tobago on Sunday.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/7744/48/

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cricket_dorshok
May 1, 2008, 06:15 PM
everywhere Pakistan!!!

MohammedC
May 4, 2008, 05:46 AM
CLICO International U-15 Championship play-offs
Bangladesh secure third place
Cricinfo staff
May 2, 2008
Bangladesh romped to a nine-wicket win over Malaysia in the third-place play-off in the CLICO International Under-15 tournament in Trinidad. Malaysia collapsed from 47 for 2 to 73 all out, with offspinner Khaza Khairuddin taking 4 for 15 and Naseef Ahmed 4 for 9. Didar Hossain (41*) led the chase and Bangladesh knocked off the runs in the 12th over. Despite the loss, Malaysia have performed tremendously considering they only entered the competition at the last minute following the withdrawal of Zimbabwe.

Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/349949.html)

Zunaid
May 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
The boys have been given a front page shout-out with the team picture... Well done lads!

auntu
May 4, 2008, 01:19 PM
yeah good show boys

Eshen
May 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
Windies win rematch with Pakistan for Clico International U-15 title

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – West Indies gave an inspired all-round performance to exact revenge against Pakistan in the CLICO Under-15 International Championship Round-Robin Series final on Sunday at the Queen’s Park Oval.

After being defeated by two-runs by Pakistan in the knockout final two Thursdays ago in St. Kitts, the West Indies outfit triumphed easily this time against the visitors by 89 runs to lift the prestigious CLICO Trophy.

Chasing the home side’s challenging total of 228 for seven off the allotted 50 overs, the Pakistanis struggled in front of a decent crowd and were stifled to 139 all out in 42.5 overs.

Leading the victory charge for West Indies were prolific opening batsman Kraigg Brathwaite, who notched another half-century, and impressive all-rounder Ramon Senior, who struck 50 and bagged four wickets for 24 runs to claim the ‘Player of the Match’ award.

Full Report (http://www.windiescricket.com/index.cfm?objectid=B5D5A85A-E693-6658-EFE49640AD9C62AC&pageid=1075731D-0396-C331-5752FB196E23257B&category=1073CA68-ED9A-4F2D-E7D5984D3D51986C)

Eshen
May 5, 2008, 01:12 PM
Nazeef became the highest wicket taker of the tournament with 19 wickets (including two fifers) at average 7.47.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/WI/Clico_International_Under-15_Cricket_Championships_2007-08/Bowling_by_Average.html

Didar Hossain is the highest scorer for Bangladesh with 227 runs (including two fifties) at average 45.4.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/WI/Clico_International_Under-15_Cricket_Championships_2007-08/Bangladesh_Under-15s_Batting.html

sadi
May 5, 2008, 04:01 PM
Very well done Nazeef. I hope he keeps improving.

Miraz
May 5, 2008, 05:37 PM
CLICO U-15 International Competitions 2008: SPIRIT of the GAME award goes to Bangladesh

The Bangladesh Under 15 team received the CLICO U-15 International Competitions 2008's SPIRIT of the GAME award for discipline, punctuality, team effort, attitude, operational issues with organisers and on and off the field activities.

The Bangladesh side finished third<sup> </sup>in the 8-team CLICO Under-15 International Championship Round-Robin Series held in the West Indies.

The Bangladesh Under 15 team is scheduled to return to Dhaka at 7:30am on Wednesday, 07 May 2008.

Media & Communications Department, BCB