PDA

View Full Version : Preparation for Pakistan?

bdchamp20
March 24, 2008, 07:24 AM
So any news on how the players are going to train for the Pakistan series?I think the selectors should name the squad quickly,preferably in the next 2-3 days.And I think the squad should play 2/3 one-dayers against a BCB XI side or the A team.I'd like to see how the national team would get on against this team:
IMRUL KAYASH
NAZMUS SADAT
HABIBUL BASHAR(C)
ALOK KAPALI
NAEEM ISLAM
NADIF CHOWDHURY
MUSHFIQUR RAHIM(WK)
ZIAUR RAHMAN
DOLAR MAHMUD
NABIL SAMAD
TALHA JUBAIR
RUBEL HOSSAIN

al-Sagar
March 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
mosharraf rubel, rajin saleh, should be in either the main team or bcb team

Murad
March 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
No news yet.

Only news is that The coach has taked one week break and he's back to Australia along with his mother-in-law and his aunt.

reyme
March 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
Jamie Siddons, Vacation and Whitewash.

Case 1: 2 weeks break before NZ series. Result: whitewash by New Zealand
Case 2: 2 weeks break before SA series. Result: Whitewash by South Africa

I thought no more vacation. but alas. here comes

Case 3: 2 weeks break before Pakistan series. Result: Whitewash by Pakistan?

pocha
March 24, 2008, 02:39 PM
Which job in the world has so many paid vacations? Jamie Siddons is taking it so easy

al Furqaan
March 24, 2008, 02:47 PM
Which job in the world has so many paid vacations? Jamie Siddons is taking it so easy

President of the USA

Eshen
March 24, 2008, 02:48 PM
Preparation for Pakistan? The players will play in Dhaka league until 3rd of April, enjoy couple of days break, and then leave the country on the 6th.

WarWolf
March 24, 2008, 02:49 PM
Let him do his work. If he can make the team perform well, i don't have any objection for him to take a lot of vacations. On the other hand, if he doesn't take a single day vacation in the whole year and yet our team performs really poor then i have objection about him.

Beamer
March 24, 2008, 03:01 PM

Did you consider the strength of NZ and SA compared to us in where we stand as a cricket nation right now? There is no correlation between his vacations and our defeats in those two series. We would have beaten this Ireland team even if he went for a vacation beforehand. His positive coaching influence on some of our young batting talents has been obvious. Only thing I disagreed with him was his bowling options that he used in the recently concluded series. Other than that he has been a positive influence. Vacations or lack of it are just matters for some detractors who probably didn't want him as a coach in the first place. I am sure, if this vacation business was not part of a conversation, they would have found something else to blame him for. Maybe his hair style would have been an issue standing between our wins and losses. Something like that..

auntu
March 24, 2008, 03:11 PM
when d next camp start?

players need some rest before that. but they will play PL now. match practice will help them.

mali007
March 24, 2008, 03:21 PM
Declaration of team today. No major changes except for addition Rasel in the 15 squad.

kaisermatin
March 24, 2008, 03:51 PM
competitive spirit is what we need to see in the paki tour. i was totally shocked to see the team surrender to south africa. they did not give a good fight even in the ODI. i don't know what the team rule was (lot of excuses and rationalization) but this goes against the character of this team. and why is there discipline problem in the team now? we did not see those in whatmore era.

Eshen
March 24, 2008, 05:17 PM
I would have preferred to see that the players were taking a few days break and then going through a week long camp before leaving for Pakistan, instead of playing in DPL. But I guess BCB does not have guts to get in a war with Dhaka clubs (who are already angry that players are going away to Pakistan instead of continuing to play in DPL) by not releasing the players.

zainab
March 24, 2008, 05:23 PM

I thoroighly agree. He does not spend enough time with his young side, even before an important tour like playing against pakistan. he has got it made with this contract. But I guess players are playing for their respective clubs, meybe, he will have a couple of days with them before they leave for Pakistan.

BTW, this is a tour that was thrown in at the last minute, after the national players had committed to the clubs, so they have to play some games, hepefully, they will get a bit of practice.

Ajfar
March 24, 2008, 05:33 PM
what prolly happened was..this vacation was all planned out before he knew that we were going to have PAK series...he forgot to got to get an insurance on his tickets..so he didn't wanna lose all that money ...so he just left everything the way it is..

Ishtylish cricketer
March 24, 2008, 05:42 PM
There is no correlation between his vacations and our defeats in those two series.

I would argue that there is a correlation. The guy who you replied established it with his two points but it didn't explain the causation because both variables are not quantitative and makes no logical sense for the outcome of one of the variables to be dependent on the other; which is what you touched upon.

Farhad
March 24, 2008, 05:51 PM
JS taking another vacation??? And I thought Dav was taking it easy...

Eshen
March 24, 2008, 05:58 PM
I wonder why people here blaming Siddons for not arranging a prep camp. From what I hear, BCB promised Dhaka clubs that players would be cut loose after the Ireland series. It was not Siddons' decision.

Murad
March 24, 2008, 06:53 PM
BCB has given both coach and players a 7 day break. So Siddons went to his country.

Plus

Its good for our team. He will get new ideas from other coaches in Australia. :)

pocha
March 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
President of the USA

Good one. :lol:

desirocker
March 24, 2008, 08:41 PM

Then we'll whitewash his As$. We don wanna be whitewashed anymore.

Beamer
March 24, 2008, 10:38 PM
I would argue that there is a correlation. The guy who you replied established it with his two points but it didn't explain the causation because both variables are not quantitative and makes no logical sense for the outcome of one of the variables to be dependent on the other; which is what you touched upon.

Coincidence then. If it can be proved that he is careless with his vacations, or the team results have suffered because of inadequate practices due to his absence, then I will be the first one to jump on his case and demand some answers. Fact of the matter is we were outclassed by the quality of South Africans and the Kiwis at home. Overall, I am impressed by the qualitative progress among individuals over the last few months. We are on the right track.

zainab
March 26, 2008, 01:23 PM
With the national players playing for their respective clubs, there was nothing that Siddons could do, so he took a short vacation, he did not see any point in watching these games because the same team with the inclusion of Rasel has been picked for Pakistan, so maybe he will spend a couple of days in training with them before they leave, then they will have net practice in Pakistan.

bdchamp20
March 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
I would much rather have the whole squad together going through intensive training for a week before the series than players playing for their individual clubs.And I understand the situation with the clubs and BCB but cant BCB arrange some sort of compensation for the clubs?Its not like the BCB is flat-broke.

zainab
March 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
It also looks like they will not have any practice matches in Pakistan before the start of the series. Is'nt this unusual? Surely, when a team tours, they have a few practice matches to get used to local conditions. See what happened to Ireland, no local practice matches, lost all 3 games to BD.

wiseshah
March 26, 2008, 05:32 PM
So any news on how the players are going to train for the Pakistan series?I think the selectors should name the squad quickly,preferably in the next 2-3 days.And I think the squad should play 2/3 one-dayers against a BCB XI side or the A team.I'd like to see how the national team would get on against this team:
IMRUL KAYASH
NAZMUS SADAT
HABIBUL BASHAR(C)
ALOK KAPALI
NAEEM ISLAM
NADIF CHOWDHURY
MUSHFIQUR RAHIM(WK)
ZIAUR RAHMAN
DOLAR MAHMUD
NABIL SAMAD
TALHA JUBAIR
RUBEL HOSSAIN

why nadif chowdhury? this guy never perform in the domestic league.never performed for A team or T 20/20. i dont know if he is really good or just over hyped by media. any information abt nadif chowdhury?

Ajfar
March 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
why nadif chowdhury? this guy never perform in the domestic league.never performed for A team or T 20/20. i dont know if he is really good or just over hyped by media. any information abt nadif chowdhury?

or performance bad die agee..check koren o kar chele, or chacha ke, mama ke, dulabhai ke...

mshakir56
March 26, 2008, 11:09 PM
Good thing is that all the players are getting match practice by playing in domestic tournament. And Syed Rasel is picking up hips of wickets, good to see. But our star batsman are failing to make any batsman, why do we call them star batsman anyways.

al-Sagar
March 26, 2008, 11:24 PM
we have got the 15 player squad

we also got the 20 players squad for the bcb academy team.

also we can make another team with u-19 players and the rest of the best players.

and lets play a triangular series.

that will be good match practice for all

cricket_king
March 27, 2008, 12:07 AM

Yes...He's gumbie. Really gumbie. :)