PDA

View Full Version : Asoka de Silva set for ICC elite recall

Mohiul
April 4, 2008, 02:37 PM
Oh no, I don't want this.

news source (http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/345002.html?CMP=OTC-RSS)

Surfer
April 4, 2008, 02:40 PM
Ashoka DeSilva had failed a written umpiring test in Srilanka a few months ago.

Mohiul
April 4, 2008, 02:42 PM
Ashoka DeSilva had failed a written umpiring test in Srilanka a few months ago.

I knew about that. But does icc know about this?

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2008, 03:08 PM
Bangladesh is doomed. BCB needs to file with ICC (written) now, just like Pakistan did with Hair.

akabir77
April 4, 2008, 03:15 PM
this is stupid... they really have no umpires out there? they have recall these disabled umpires?

Murad
April 4, 2008, 04:37 PM
bad bad very bad news for the cricket teams..

Sovik
April 4, 2008, 05:12 PM
they need more umpire as Simon Taufel could walk away from cricket (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wivsl/content/story/336127.html)

Shehwar
April 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
It will be a very sad day for cricket if that mentally retarted person returns to elite panel..

akabir77
April 4, 2008, 09:21 PM
ICC r ki kono chosmar doken asey naki? ato bodhir umpire dea ki korbey era?

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2008, 10:05 PM
Oh no...test matches will be over in two days now.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 4, 2008, 10:38 PM
damn. I hope he doesn't umpire Bd games.

auntu
April 5, 2008, 03:00 AM
damn. I hope he doesn't umpire Bd games.

me too :-P

he is killer ashoka :o

BANFAN
April 5, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hair is also coming back, Bucknor staying back, virtually ICC is not ready to take action against umpires for poor performance. I think they have a onesided contract with the umpires, favoring umpires. Hair wanted huge money for settlement with ICC and they were not ready to give it.

nobody
April 6, 2008, 04:09 AM
let we have Bucknor; India have Asoka

Sovik
April 23, 2008, 08:09 AM
Asoka de Silva and Steve Davies promoted to Elite Panel (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/345002.html)

thebest
April 23, 2008, 09:49 AM
This is another poor decision by ICC; But there is a question. Did not Srilankan board nominate Asoka for elite panel? If Asoka failed the exam, then why Srilankan board nominate him? ICC should ask this question to SL board. But if ICC took this decision without any SL feedback then BCB should ask SL for the exam result and submit this to ICC for his dismissal. ICC claim that elite umpires made only 8% error last year. But I think Bucknor, the WI guy and Rudy made almost 99% of those error. With the promotion of Asoka, retainment of Bucknor, reinstation of Hair ICC is showing nepotism, encouraging incompetence and lack of accountability. From Imperial Cricket Council , ICC became Incompetent Cricket Council

Beamer
April 23, 2008, 10:32 AM
Nightmare. You know he will see his game action against us, a weak team, to smooth himself back in. I have no words to describe this unethical person. I will be banned instantly for my language..