PDA

View Full Version : if i had a (few) milion dollars

ZunaidH
April 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
I must say it was a pleasure watching IPL today. Finally, cricket is going the direction it should have gone a decade or so ago. The bang, the money and the prestige all in one package. This is as professional as it gets. County cricket with its silly quota of foreign cricketers is going to be stories from ancient history soon. In a global environment, it is time to embrace the leagues as IPL and build fan bases around the globe. Days have come where ODI's in their current form will be reduced and surely leagues like IPL would become the center of the cricket universe...

Now if I had a few million dollars to spare, I would have created a franchise out of Dhaka, recruited few of my favorites from international cricket and a few good ones from our good old "tigers" and asked IPL to let me in the league. Benfits would have unfolded in forms of making money, getting global exposure, bring some professionalism and confidence to the local lads, create a stronger fan base and eventually drive losers like BCB out of businsess.

Salutes to the dreamers...

WarWolf
April 18, 2008, 12:05 PM
Wrong location. The thread belongs to FC.

ZunaidH
April 18, 2008, 12:10 PM
Wrong location. The thread belongs to FC.

Actually Not. Educational for the fans and players to support and play for Bangladesh. Right place and right time.

thebest
April 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
Now if I had a few million dollars to spare, I would have created a franchise out of Dhaka,
Would create a pool of Ashthefools.They are not dreamers. They are merchant of nightmares. IPL is the beginning of the end of cricket because it would value Afridi more over Yousuf; Larson over Waqar. Oram over Kallis:o

thebest
April 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
Please invest in health and education sector of Bangladesh instaed of some super over rated brat

Tigers_eye
April 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
Unless Test cricket is abolished I agree with the one and only "thebest" and borderline hatred towards T20 (Hate is a big word, I know). Can we put a permanent Ban on our players from playing T20?

Once Test cricket goes away I'll side with ZunaidH.

Rabz
April 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
If i had few million dollars.....

where do i begin?

As for T20, i think we have to embrace it.
Like it or not, its here and here to stay for good.
Personally, i think cricket would be better off with the inclusion of T20.
Its just takes time for us to get used to new things.

I bet the fellas back in the 70's had the mixed feelings towards ODI.
Lotta ppl thought Packer is a money-hungry monster who's going to kill cricket.

Ajfar
April 18, 2008, 01:23 PM
if i had a few million dollar i'd buy jessica alba

ZunaidH
April 18, 2008, 01:34 PM
Folks...
don't get tunnel visioned. T20 or Test Cricket - the format of the game does not matter. After T20 test cricket would follow suite. The point I am trying to make is that this is the first time real money is coming into cricket. Hence the opportunities increase for top talents.
IPL kind of league is the future of cricket. The first National Cricket board to lose power is going to be BCCI. And that is actually a good thing for cricket as there will be more teams and more players with high calliber consider playng cricket. Reducing ODI's is the right thing to do.

Fazal
April 18, 2008, 01:38 PM
if i had a (few) milion dollars

I would have heart attack.

ZunaidH
April 18, 2008, 01:41 PM
Moving the thread to Forget Cricket was not a good idea. First of all this thread is related to cricket and next it is very important to shape the future of cricket in Bangladesh. I am sure there are many people/investors would consider a ground up franchise out of Bangladesh given its proximity to India and therefore IPL. Is Banglacricket losing is intellect. Mahmood, Tehsin have you guys lost the vision? I am truly dissapointed at the level of intellect shown by the moderator. Are you guys short of good moderators? Where have Chinaman, Oracle and Rajputro gone?

ZunaidH
April 18, 2008, 01:42 PM
"bach cha polapan dia cholbo na" - get some decent mods

ammark
April 18, 2008, 01:49 PM

emon khocha dilen, abar BC'te niye na eshe parlam na!

auntu
April 18, 2008, 01:51 PM

with some of ur few million u can try a new forum ;)

Nafi
April 18, 2008, 01:53 PM
I liked the KKR shiny gold helmets..... :)

Sohel
April 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
Honestly, if I had a few million US dollars, I would: -

1) Subsidize the price of rice here in Bangladesh.

2) Build a state of the art supply chain company which will enable our farmers and fishermen to bypass the syndicates, and eventually take it public with farmers and fishermen owning majority share.

MohammedC
April 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
I liked the KKR shiny gold helmets..... :)

Nafi that wont cost you million.

Ehsan
April 18, 2008, 02:00 PM

Haha. Sorry Haroon bhai, I just acted on the reported post. My bad, I was in hurry for a meeting at work. However, the thread title got me in the delusion. :)

Fazal
April 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
Wow marhaba mar Haba... back to Bangladesh Cricket.

If I win few Million Dollars (Assuming CA or US Dollar),

I will buy 1000 Crikcet Balls, 60 Wickets , 30 Batting Gloves, 10 Wicket Keeping gloves, 100 Bats, 20 Pairs of pads and give it to some Madrasas.

I will sponsor 20 Kids ( 10 girls and 10 boys) from orphanage upto their education (upto their Bachelors) who are eager to study with the promise that each of them will atleast sponsor one when they are establsihed.

With the Rest I am going to Keep it in Mututal Funds

1. 20 % Agressive Internationl Fund
2. 20 % Growth Fund
3. 20 % Blue Chip
4. 20% Bond
5. 20% Dividend Heavy Stock

ialbd
April 18, 2008, 02:03 PM
zunaid bhai, apni mind koiren na, Bangladesher khela dekhe BCr shobar matha ektu aulay thake....

apni May 3rd e ashtesen to? amra shobai ekshathe million dollar plan er dream dekhbone....

Nafi
April 18, 2008, 02:05 PM
Nafi that wont cost you million.

How much do you reckon one of those Red Skin Cowboy Cheerleaders would go for? ;)

PS I am a weak adolescent boy

SS
April 18, 2008, 02:07 PM
Million dollars ....I will just look at it ....love at first sight...my Precious...my Precious...

Tigers_eye
April 18, 2008, 02:56 PM
Folks...
don't get tunnel visioned. T20 or Test Cricket - the format of the game does not matter. After T20 test cricket would follow suite. The point I am trying to make is that this is the first time real money is coming into cricket. Hence the opportunities increase for top talents.
IPL kind of league is the future of cricket. The first National Cricket board to lose power is going to be BCCI. And that is actually a good thing for cricket as there will be more teams and more players with high calliber consider playng cricket. Reducing ODI's is the right thing to do.
I understand what IPL is for BCCI and the players play even for the fans and media. I have no problem with that. They can play as much as T20, heck even two 10 overs game under flood lights I would care less.

I have a huge problem with BD players playing T20. Be it in IPL, ICL, Stanford, Toronto University or Harvard. These are nadan players who still doesn't now what patience means. If we want to have any kind of success in Test we need to stop our players playing boom boom Fridi/McCullam type game. Their attitute, understanding needs to change. Ash, Aftab all should be banned from playing T20. You can see how T20 has already affected those two's One day format game. They can't stay 10 overs in the crease. As long as BANGLADESH is playing test with these picchi polapain, they should not play T20.

All these humiliation we are facing every series is a direct result of 1) two prolonged break from the Test arena before the WC. 2) Watmore's focus on ODIs. (he had no other choice) 3) Selectors inflitration of newbies too early.

Beamer
April 18, 2008, 03:02 PM
If I had a million dollars? hmm...Fazal thinks I already have it. So, what's the point? Now, if I had 100 mil, I will do a lot of things , but a certain portion of it will be spent on a good brain transplant team, sent over to replace the captains existing one. Rest will be spent on Yachts, villas, more luxury cars, ice, rims, music label, and finally a realty show about me, which all of you will watch, but deny in public...

thebest
April 19, 2008, 08:34 AM
so people were talking about excitement. Reading the result last IPL and ICL games were finished after the first innings. so of the most of the game. Can 20/20 sustain the excitement for the considerable time (For example The tie tests; where four results were possible till the last over. when there is not much difference of quality then Test would provide more exciting match than T20 or ODI.
I am all for banning T20 for Bangladeshi. And govt should encourge media not to broadcast T20 for the sake of our future player.

cricket_king
April 20, 2008, 12:23 AM
On the subject of twenty20 cricket and the IPL, I'd say cricket is turning into sports like Football. I'm a cricket purist and don't like it one bit, but it seems many people are for it...

sunny747
April 20, 2008, 03:34 AM
if i had million bucks,
why would i spend for foreign cricketers?

wiseshah
April 20, 2008, 05:09 AM
IPL, is nothing close to international match. seems like i am watching Indian ranji trophy with some white guest and their pocket is full of dollars. was confused to support the team also.

crikfreak
April 20, 2008, 05:55 AM
if i had a million dollars..

i'd set up a free school for orphans
and buy ice ccream!!

Kabir
April 20, 2008, 01:25 PM
If I had a few million dollars, I'ld invest that money in raising awareness for some other sports in Bangladesh. Heck...I might even invest that money to make a brand new sport.

Bengali Bum
April 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
I jus thing BD players are small and run out of breath wen they are in the middle.
so what i'll do with a million dollar is find a way to make our players Hayden-esque.

BANFAN
April 21, 2008, 12:37 PM
A few million is not even good enough to make a team in IPL. So nothing much could be done with it.

May be just enough to make sure that I could travel with the team every where, not having to work much. Ensure free feed on a regular basis to all BC bhais & bones looking for it on a regular basis. Try to make a cric channel if possible, and rub my A$$ on BC more regularly. !!

A few million, looks like not so much money to dream bigger than buying some more time for myself only.....

Tigers_eye
April 21, 2008, 01:06 PM
Buy few 1) drezzers (sp), 2) dig miles for waterway longside of Padma, Jamuna etc major rivers. Must create our own resevoir and not depend on rain. 3) Invest in solar and other alternative energy for electricity. 4) Birth control awareness. 5) Medicine. This should easily finish up the millions. If not, build cold storages.