PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Why is the IPL being rammed down my throat?

RazabQ
April 19, 2008, 11:21 AM
As myself:

I have nothing against those who love 20/20 cricket. If glorified home-run derbies that are suitable for festival cricket are to be cricket's way of reaching the masses than so be it. Masses in general are not known for responding to anything but blunt stimulation.

But why is there no bleepin sopcast of anything BUT IPL? I know it's rich that I'm griping about a free stream but sheesh, there are 10+ channels on sop and all are showing this IPL.

Seriously is this what ALL of you want?

WarWolf
April 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
As myself:
Seriously is this what ALL of you want?
Never ever...

Seriously....
I don't like IPL...

Nafis_BD
April 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
No, I want Bangladesh to start winning lots of matches. And to be a cricketer!!:)

I have no problem with 20/20 as long as it does not affect the real cricket(test, ODI, all the player's performance) and its players one bit.

akabir77
April 19, 2008, 01:06 PM
I hate IPL/ICL anything with I ;)

Rabz
April 19, 2008, 01:22 PM
Razab bhai, is the frustation because you cant watch BD-Pak match?

well, who would be interested in telecasting a dead rubber match where one team is already up 4-0, and knowing what the other team could do (which by now everyone knows), it would be a suicidal to even think of telecasting such mis-match.

Better that they havent shown it, they just didnt wanna add to your injuries and put yourself in more misery.

Well, i couldnt watch the match today (personal stuff), but im glad i didnt.

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2008, 01:24 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but even $hitty IPL/ICL matches can't be worse than whatever kind of "international cricket" we are playing nowadays. (I'm not a fan of T20, and I hate IPL/ICL's attempt to footballize cricket with passion)

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2008, 01:26 PM
well, who would be interested in telecasting a dead rubber match where one team is already up 4-0, and knowing what the other team could do (which by now everyone knows), it would be a suicidal to even think of telecasting such mis-match
Isn't sopcast P2P and a voluntary thing? So why would it be a "suicide"?

al Furqaan
April 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
20-20 is garbage...even if BD was good at it.

Shobha
April 21, 2008, 04:18 AM
my hatred started buliding up for this tournament before it even started, but after watching one match, i do think that it's not all that bad..BUT this does not mean i'm going to follow it :-D

Alien
April 21, 2008, 07:52 AM
Last night, I was watching the DC vs Kolkata game and God knows how many times they showed Shahrukh Khan and his band party. I wonder why. Yes he owns the team. So? Show him once and MOVE ON.

Alien
April 21, 2008, 08:00 AM
Anyway, the only star attraction of the game is to see Aussies take on each other which they do in Pura Cup anyway. Bit amusing to see Ponting and Ishant Sharma get their heads together on how to take Symonds wicket.

Kabir
April 21, 2008, 09:08 AM
Lol...alien was more worried about not being on TV than Shahrukh Khan being on TV :lol:

WarWolf
April 21, 2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone observed the wickets in IPL? They are really sporting. Today's wicket is really fast and bouncy.

AsifTheManRahman
April 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
Well, like it or not, IPL-like tourneys are the future. Test cricket - heck even one day cricket - won't be around for too long. It's about time T20's got more competitive.

Huda
April 21, 2008, 12:35 PM
Well, like it or not, IPL-like tourneys are the future. Test cricket - heck even one day cricket - won't be around for too long. It's about time T20's got more competitive.

Test cricket will always be around, thats cricketers for the purists and will always have it's followers, but IPL will be huge, with 20/20 cricket becoming more popular with new fans.