PDA

View Full Version : Players You Miss In The Team

Dhruvo
April 19, 2008, 07:59 PM
We dropped many players before who were set to become world class but unfortunately because of poor management and less chances they couldn't ,ofcourse they still have a chance but no one knows when , so please share with all of us about an individual or a bunch of players you miss,I miss:nafis iqbal , mushfiqur rahim and mehrab hossain jnr.

djnaved
April 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
players i miss: Habibul Bashar, Khaled Masud, and Rajin Saleh

cricket_fanatic
April 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
I don't really miss anyone from outisde our 15 man squad. This is very much our best one day side - they beat the Irish 3-0. We just have to accept the truth that our best team is still faaaaaaaaaaaaar from putting up good performances (not necessarily wins) consistently against quality teams. People who had unrealistically high hopes from the Paki series (5-0,4-1,3-2,2-3,1-4) might disagree.

Isnaad
April 19, 2008, 08:30 PM
I really miss Habibul Bashar. Please come back. Khaled Mashud too.

Ajfar
April 19, 2008, 08:35 PM
i miss aminul islam volaa...

al-Sagar
April 19, 2008, 08:47 PM
Rajin, hannan shanto, Kapali

Dhruvo
April 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
I really miss Habibul Bashar. Please come back. Khaled Mashud too.
yeah,i feel the same too about bashar,we need his captaincy.

shovon13
April 19, 2008, 10:43 PM
habibul bashar, javed omar, khaled mashud, md. rafiq, tapash baisya.

mali007
April 19, 2008, 10:47 PM
I miss Rafique, Javed Omar and Khaled Masud

RezOne
April 19, 2008, 10:53 PM
I miss Akram Khan. Atleast he was hilarious to watch...These guys make me cry instead.

cricket_dorshok
April 19, 2008, 10:56 PM
Mehrab Hossain Opee and Shariar Hossain Biddut!

wiseshah
April 19, 2008, 11:01 PM
miss kapali, rajin, javed, mehab jr, masud, bashar, tushar in test

in ODI, i miss------nobody, i think this is the best team, just need right combination in the right venue and against right opposition.

wiseshah
April 19, 2008, 11:01 PM
nice thread, pichchi dhrubo. atleast something to talk about

Bancan
April 19, 2008, 11:05 PM
rajin saleh and taposh baishya

Snowman
April 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
Rajin Saleh

Antora
April 20, 2008, 04:16 AM
MD Nafis Iqbal Khan
Khaled Masud

Md Rafique :(

Omio
April 20, 2008, 04:59 AM
I miss Aftab Ahmad and Ashraful.

BD-BLAST
April 20, 2008, 05:06 AM
The players that BD miss are Habibul and Rafique for thier maturity and skills respectively. And also Dave Whatmore.

The team also is missing the spirit and desire to win.

Currently the team misses the form of Ashraful,Aftab and Mashrafee. If these 3 clicked then things might have been different.

mijanur
April 20, 2008, 05:23 AM
i miss saleh n rafique

nasimul
April 20, 2008, 05:34 AM
ODI: Khaled Masud, Md Raffique
Test: Habibul Bashar, Javed Omar, Khaled Masud & Md Raffique

crikfreak
April 20, 2008, 05:50 AM
i miss bashar, rafique, javed omar, khaled mashud and rajin saleh.. but mostly bashar and rafique.. we need them back..

and mushfiq.. i especially miss him as well.. :( when will he come back??

bdchamp20
April 20, 2008, 06:17 AM
Mushfiqur Rahim, Alok Kapali, Habibul Bashar, Mohammad Rafique, Nafis Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain Jr.

I dont miss Tushar Imran and Mohammad Sharif at all

WarWolf
April 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
I miss myself too much in the team. I am sure I would have made a better batsman and a better fielder.

Shaan
April 20, 2008, 06:22 AM
Kapali, Mushfiq, Habibul bashar, Rafique, Rajin

samjad
April 20, 2008, 07:15 AM
No one apart from Rafiq. Without him our SLAs were useless..

Dhruvo
April 20, 2008, 09:42 AM
nice thread, pichchi dhrubo. atleast something to talk about
lol thanks bhaiya.

MohammedC
April 20, 2008, 09:54 AM
Ehsanul Hoque Seezan
Nafis Iqbal

Bowling wise apart from Rafique (retired) I dont miss anyone

But I really miss Rana

wiseshah
April 20, 2008, 09:56 AM
lol thanks bhaiya.

u welcome pichchi. actually i am too old to be ur bhaiya. u can call me uncle. anyway, how is ur study and do u like to play cricket too?

Dhruvo
April 20, 2008, 09:59 AM
u welcome pichchi. actually i am too old to be ur bhaiya. u can call me uncle. anyway, how is ur study and do u like to play cricket too?
lol okay,i didnt know that,yeah its going well i just need a few more days to properly settle down in my new school but i already have some friends and we play cricket everyday

Sohel
April 20, 2008, 11:11 AM
None other than Mohammad Rafique.

Also Pilot whenever GoBoy and/or Dhiman made/makes a mess of things behind the stumps.

BagherBacha
April 20, 2008, 11:15 AM
i miss alamgir kabir, Faisal hossain dickens, Sanwar hossain, anwar hossain munir,

Rifat
April 20, 2008, 11:19 AM
Rajin Saleh, a class, patient good batsmen.
Nafees Iqbal, just so the dream of Tamim Iqbal comes true(brother opening combination)

I ALSO MISS DAV WHATMORE

Baundule
April 20, 2008, 11:22 AM
I miss Chacha, especially in the 20-20s.
Remember, he was a hero in the super Sixer.

Also, miss Mama (Nannu) and Khalu (Akram). Let's call them back.

arafath79
April 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
Missing no one !!! All of them would perform the same sh...

desirocker
April 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
Players I miss: Khaled Masud Pilot and Muhammad Rafique Bhai.

Shehwar
April 20, 2008, 08:25 PM
Javed Omar......He knows how our floodgates are always open so he tries his best to shut one end up!....By far the most committed (not necessarily talented!) Bangladeshi cricketer who gives his all inspite of his limited shot making abilities and puts a value on his wicket...

Nafis_BD
April 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
Really missing Rafiq. I am also missing Manjurul Islam Rana (R.I.P). In terms of batting..........I don't even know who I miss, everyone fails consistently!!

niroshu
April 21, 2008, 03:38 AM
players i miss : RAFIQ , PILOT , J.O. , BASHAR.

Shobha
April 21, 2008, 03:53 AM
I miss Aftab Ahmad and Ashraful.

:lol: :lol:
yeah we all miss aftab and ashraful. i want these two back!

but on a serious note, this whole failure to win a single match against the big boys and ash's lack of captincy skills really makes me want bashar back. the guy was way out of form but he still led us to victories..

jeesh
April 21, 2008, 06:49 AM
I definitely miss the aggressive Habibul Bashar who would take on any team. But i guess its time to say goodbye to him- it seems like he has is past his prime.
But what is disturbing is a couple of generation of players after Bashar is missing. We dont have too many players in the age bracket 26-31 who have played over 50-60 first class matches. Its as if we stopped playing cricket and developing players at that time.
Anyway i would definitely want to see the likes of Rajin Saleh, Alok Kapali, Nafis Iqbal back.

Sovik
April 21, 2008, 06:59 AM
Did somebody mention Javed Omar?

tanim3960
April 21, 2008, 07:53 AM
i miss myself ..........lol

Kabir
April 21, 2008, 09:01 AM
Question: players who are physically and spiritually absent from the team? Or players that are physically OR spiritually absent from the team?

If it's the latter, then I miss sanity from the team.

Tigers_eye
April 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
I miss Rasel in the playing 11. Other than that I don't miss anyone in the ODIs. As for test, I really miss Rajin. Aftab can fix his mental problems else where.

Fazal
April 21, 2008, 10:51 AM
When they bat.....I Miss all of them the full 11... ora egaro jon. I miss almost all the players in the team. .I would like to see more of SN, Junaid, Aftab, Ash and Co......but they just come and go before I can blink my eyes...I wish they bat mutiple times in an innings ......

.... and when they bowl .... I wish I miss all of them.... they seems to bowl for ever .... and bleeds runs for ever.... looks like it never end... I wich we could bowl less.... may be 20 overs at best (in a 50 over game).

thebest
April 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
I miss Rasel in the playing XI in ODI and Dav at the helm. Siddons is not good enough to be head coach. When I saw Ash's captaincy I miss sujon.

Dhruvo
April 25, 2008, 07:23 PM
I actually for the first time miss tapash bhaisya , he was a decent bowler but is very soft just a bit of hard bowling will get him injured.

Rifat
April 25, 2008, 07:27 PM
Javed Omar was a very good cricketer, patient, played safe shots... that's what i liked about him, his gameplan was effective and simple, the only thing that bothered me was he got out from a "khocha" but hey, that 's a naitonal team disease, so why blame him alone?

Dhruvo
April 26, 2008, 12:10 PM
hmm lol its interesting to see people miss alok kapali.

roaring tigerz
April 27, 2008, 12:00 PM
i miss the audacious ashraful, the hostile mashrafee, and the maverick aftab. the real tigers please stand up?

Dhruvo
June 28, 2008, 12:33 PM
I miss Syed Rasel and Shahriar nafees now

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
MaMi and Rasel, obhiasly.

Eshen
June 28, 2008, 06:05 PM
MaMi and Rasel, obhiasly.
Same here.

Bancan
June 29, 2008, 01:17 AM
Tapash

Perm
June 29, 2008, 02:31 AM
For the ODI side - Shahriar Nafees, Syed Rasel, Saqibul Hasan should be in the first choice XI barring injury or incredibly poor form. Applies to Rajin Saleh in Test cricket too.

taklima_naj
June 29, 2008, 02:58 AM
i miss badly rasel everytime when we play ODI,sakib as well for the bowling in the asia cup, rajin and old HB in test.

Perm
June 29, 2008, 04:27 AM
Habibul Bashar averaged less than 12 in his last 8 Tests, it was definitely time up on his career.

BANFAN
June 29, 2008, 05:14 AM
Miss none. Don't think any of our players reached that level to be missed. If every current player isn't doing better than the old players, we aren't having enough improvement. We still havn't had a cricketer who could be the perfect role model for the future cricketers. Lets continue to Jihad (Strive) for achieving the best.

Imtiaz
June 29, 2008, 05:22 AM
RASEL. RASEl. RASel, RAsel. Rasel !!!!!

enaner
June 29, 2008, 03:48 PM
wow everyone is missing hablabur bashar ... and few days ago everyone hated him .. newayz i miss SHakib, Rafique and Rasel

wiseshah
June 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
i miss dulu, bhulu, suru,furu, nasu, hasu

Umar
June 29, 2008, 05:45 PM
Sayed Rasel...SN.. Sakib...Aftab

MohammedC
June 29, 2008, 07:13 PM
I miss Paul Kuddus

Murad
June 29, 2008, 07:42 PM
I don't miss Aftab.

I miss only Shakib and Rasel.

When they come back, we will have a strong team.

Rasel not getting any wickets though. He's being econimical as usual but not picking up any wickets for the A-team, which is not good.

Getting dropped from the national team for no reason probably playing the part in it.

Novo
June 30, 2008, 01:38 PM
i miss sakib, aftab and rasel.

Beamer
June 30, 2008, 02:31 PM
Miss Rafiq in one dayers for sure along with Rasel. Sakib will be back.

Nafis_BD
June 30, 2008, 03:16 PM
I am definitely missing Rafique, Sakib and Rasel. I don't see any logic behind Rasel's exclusion. I guess our bowling will keep on suffering like this until Rasel and Sakib comes.

Why did Rafique had to leave so early? He still had a lot to offer!

akabir77
June 30, 2008, 03:26 PM
Every one has such a high hope on rassell...

I hope he doesn't disappoint you guys.

I think he might have done better but not that much the out come of the game would have changed. I think they would have picked him up too. In IR match he couldn't get a single wicket...

Tigers_eye
June 30, 2008, 03:32 PM
Shakib and Rasel. Do not miss anyone else. Rafique needs to get a paid job to coach the SLAs.

Nafis_BD
June 30, 2008, 03:34 PM
Every one has such a high hope on rassell...

I hope he doesn't disappoint you guys.

I think he might have done better but not that much the out come of the game would have changed. I think they would have picked him up too. In IR match he couldn't get a single wicket...

Rasel can't do anything if he doesn't get a chance. Obviously you can't expect him to perform all the time. When was the last time Reza, Mash, Shahdat and the rest performed consistently? If Rasel is dropped because of performance then so should the others. Rasel gets one chance and if he doesn't perform he gets kicked out of the team for a long time. How could he prove himself?

He shouldn't need to prove himself anyways cause if you look at the stats, he is a much better bowler than the current ones. He is even better than Mash!!

akabir77
June 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
Rasel can't do anything if he doesn't get a chance. Obviously you can't expect him to perform all the time. When was the last time Reza, Mash, Shahdat and the rest performed consistently? If Rasel is dropped because of performance then so should the others. Rasel gets one chance and if he doesn't perform he gets kicked out of the team for a long time. How could he prove himself?

He shouldn't need to prove himself anyways cause if you look at the stats, he is a much better bowler than the current ones. He is even better than Mash!!

I am not saying he is worst then who every is playing now. What i am saying here is he is no shane warne or Wasim akram. Not even close to Vass. So even if he was in form the other teams in asia cup would have scored 300+ anyway. He is better then current crop but not that much that he would have changed the out come for us. So to me yeah it would have been better if he was in the team but i am not going to cry for him as i know he might be 15/20 when others r 13/20.

Nafis_BD
June 30, 2008, 04:12 PM
I am not saying he is worst then who every is playing now. What i am saying here is he is no shane warne or Wasim akram. Not even close to Vass. So even if he was in form the other teams in asia cup would have scored 300+ anyway. He is better then current crop but not that much that he would have changed the out come for us. So to me yeah it would have been better if he was in the team but i am not going to cry for him as i know he might be 15/20 when others r 13/20.

Well you know for a team like Bangladesh every extra point counts. We can't afford to have our best bowler dropped. The outcome might have been different and might not have been but I am just saying we shouldn't drop our best bowler, who really deserves a spot in the team.
This is cricket so you never know what the outcome would be. We are capable of upsets you know.

Sovik
June 30, 2008, 05:01 PM
Syed Rasel and Mohammed Rafiq

Rifat
June 30, 2008, 09:02 PM
Miss Rafiq in one dayers for sure along with Rasel. Sakib will be back.

there's an article in cricinfo under bangladesh section which says he is willing to return to international cricket(play for another year)... maybe we should "bench" riyad for his comeback, so Mahmudullah riyad can play quality first class cricket(more experience with his batting/offspin) and rafique come back

Mr-khan
July 1, 2008, 03:46 AM
Shahriar hossain biddyut:)

BD-Shardul
July 1, 2008, 05:02 AM
Missing our former Mamu. Look at Mr-Khan's avatar :(

Dhruvo
July 8, 2008, 10:46 PM
Alright now sorry for bringing this thread up but,where on earth is enamul haque jnr ? wasn't he supposed to play over at an english league,I really miss his bowling nowadays.

Gowza
July 8, 2008, 11:09 PM
he has been playing in some english league team, there's a whole thread about it, and recently there's been some controversy between him and BCB, or at least that's what the media is saying.

here you go: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=26415&highlight=honley

Dhruvo
July 8, 2008, 11:24 PM
he has been playing in some english league team, there's a whole thread about it, and recently there's been some controversy between him and BCB, or at least that's what the media is saying.

here you go: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=26415&highlight=honley
Thanks for the link,no wonder he is'nt playing for the academy, well bcb shouldn't had been angry at him,he deserves to get experience and I think he was just trying to do that instead of playing for the academy team for years without even getting a chance in the national side.

abu2abu
July 10, 2008, 03:09 AM
tapash baisya...

Mahir
July 10, 2008, 03:18 AM
Shahriar hossain biddyut:)

Ditto.

Rafique and Rasel could be added to the list as well.

Btw, nice of you to have waken up from your elongated slumber. How goes it, sir ?

Fazal
July 10, 2008, 12:10 PM
Javed Omar Gullu

cricket_dorshok
July 10, 2008, 12:50 PM
Naimmur Rahman Biporjoy

habfreak
July 10, 2008, 12:56 PM
I miss Rafique obviously. Pilot and Bashar too. But all 3 are probably done with their careers.
Out of the ones that are available; I want Junayed and Rasel in the ODI team and Nafis Iqbal and Rajin in tests.

sbsash
July 11, 2008, 01:10 AM
I miss Rasel,Saleh,Taposh,Tushar and Rafique.

israr
July 11, 2008, 09:46 AM
Now I am realizing how invaluable Rafique was to Bangladesh!

WarWolf
July 11, 2008, 08:27 PM
Rafique and Rasel are the mostly missed persons to me. Exclusion of them are the main reason behind the weakening of our bowling dept which eventually resulted in regular thrashing of them.

In batting I really don't think we miss any one once Shakib comes back. Right now we don't have better options.

bujhee kom
July 11, 2008, 11:39 PM
manjurul islam rana (r.i.p.)
Sajjadul Hasan Setu (r.i.p.)

KnightBD
July 12, 2008, 12:32 AM
Players I miss: aTAHAR aLI kHAN, AkRam kHAN, MinHaZuL AbediN NaNNu, Shorfuddin bhuiya, AbduL Kudduch DochowaNi :D