PDA

View Full Version : Shakib 10th in allrounders ranking!

Dhruvo
April 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
wow shakib al hasan is 10 in the world cricket ratings allrounder ratings,check this link
:http://www.lgiccrankings.com/odi/all-rounder/rankings.php
he is the first bd player to reach the top ten in the allrounders ratings
actually his maximum rank was 9th but he is the tenth now

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2008, 08:30 PM
wow shakib al hasan is 10 in the world cricket ratings allrounder ratings,check this link
:http://www.lgiccrankings.com/odi/all-rounder/rankings.php
he is the first bd player to reach the top ten in the allrounders ratings
actually his maximum rank was 9th but he is the tenth now
Interesting to see no Australian in that list.

Dhruvo
April 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
Interesting to see no Australian in that list.
thats a good find bhaiya,thats interesting indeed.

Isnaad
April 19, 2008, 08:33 PM
At least something to cheer about.

mshakir56
April 19, 2008, 10:09 PM
The century did the trick!

cricket_pagol
April 19, 2008, 10:31 PM
Wow congrats to Shakib... hopefully he will be inspired to do better

Roni_uk
April 19, 2008, 11:13 PM
wow.. at least something good out of this series..
shabash Sakibul (the only player whos been consistent most of his career)

WarWolf
April 19, 2008, 11:40 PM
Good work Shakib. It's a reward for the hard work.

mijanur
April 20, 2008, 05:21 AM
the only bd player to be in the top 10 list

crikfreak
April 20, 2008, 05:38 AM
wuhooo.. great goin sakib.. the only bd player to reach the top ten!! good for him.. hope he continues..

KnightBD
April 20, 2008, 06:48 AM
Go Sakib Go :fire:

Shaan
April 20, 2008, 07:19 AM
:clap::umm::yawn:

Shobha
April 20, 2008, 07:48 AM
LOL i knew he would make it to top 10 but i didnt think it was gonna happen so quick!

Zoey007
April 20, 2008, 09:34 AM
first 2 Pakistanis kool

Dhruvo
April 20, 2008, 09:41 AM
InshAllah we will see him in no.1 oneday,if he keeps working hard i am sure he can do it and if he remembers our Lord.

lamisa
April 20, 2008, 11:26 AM
congrtaz sakib!

Sovik
April 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
he had to be, there are not too many allrounders left

Nafis_BD
April 20, 2008, 10:40 PM
he had to be, there are not too many allrounders left

Exactly.......all the greats are gone and now there isn't much allrounders.

Congrats to him anyways!!:clap:

jeesh
April 20, 2008, 10:42 PM
At least one positive. Good to see.

niroshu
April 21, 2008, 03:33 AM
congrats SHAKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

hope MOYNA or position dhore rakhte parbe.

insallah.

rainmaniac
April 21, 2008, 09:36 AM
ccccooooooonngraattteessss to dddeaarrr moyna...
fatano..jak ekta kichu to bhalo holo.....

Pavelbhai
April 21, 2008, 10:05 AM
Saqib Bagher Bachcha
Ashraful Bagher [edit]

Tigers_eye
April 21, 2008, 04:50 PM
Thank you Dhrubo for this thread.

How come no Australians and Indians in the list?

With Sanath not playing any more ODIs and Styris retiring from test (indicates soon he will retire from ODIs too) gives an opportunity for Shakib to get closer to the top.

Congrats for breaking in to the top 10.

akabir77
April 21, 2008, 05:19 PM
good going sakib. now we need a top 10 captain.

Dhruvo
April 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you Dhrubo for this thread.

How come no Australians and Indians in the list?

With Sanath not playing any more ODIs and Styris retiring from test (indicates soon he will retire from ODIs too) gives an opportunity for Shakib to get closer to the top.

Congrats for breaking in to the top 10.
you are welcome, but really jayasuriya retired ?

Antora
April 23, 2008, 09:03 PM
oh woah! GO SAKIB! WOOOOOT! WOOOT!

bujhee kom
April 24, 2008, 12:47 AM
joy baba shakib al-hasan!

cricketboy
April 24, 2008, 12:57 AM
How is Malik no 1 I cant understand. He barely bowls. Anyway congrats Shakib.

jeesh
April 24, 2008, 01:37 AM
Quality player. MRF should resign him :)

zainab
April 24, 2008, 04:12 PM
Jayasuriya has retired from all forms of cricket. If Sakib works hard, takes more wickets and score steadily, he might overtake Dwayne Bravo, and then try to move up to at least to N0 7 by the end of the year.

He has to perform better than Mash and Razack who lost their top ten standings as ODI bowlers.

PlanetPak
April 24, 2008, 08:14 PM
How is Malik no 1 I cant understand. He barely bowls. Anyway congrats Shakib.

He barely bowls against the STRONG teams.

jeesh
April 24, 2008, 10:32 PM
Usually players in this category start off as all rounders and eventually start concentrating on their batting. I hope Shakib keeps at it- it gives us a lot of options especially in one day.

zainab
April 25, 2008, 06:25 AM
I think that he is a better bowler than a batsman, but from watching him, I can say that he is determined to be successful as a good cricketer. He was also nominated last year an emerging player, so the ICC has seen promise in him. I only hope tha he performs better as the year progresses, and pls, no one should suggest that he should be captain now. This added burden and responsibility will destroy this promising cricketer.

jeesh
April 25, 2008, 07:00 AM
Not just ICC, MRF did too. Excellent prospect for us- now lets hope he is nurtured and dealt with well.

ehteshamul
April 27, 2008, 12:28 PM
Well done Sakib !

It was a deserving one.

I think he has captaincy material as well. Has a cool head and can graft and accelerate as the need arises.

He has done well with both the bat and ball.

With many years of cricket left in him one hopes he will scale up and upstage the Pakis now dominating at the top .

One of the few successes in terms of performance for Siddons. That will give Siddons a temporary lifeline I guess.

Hats off to you Sakib ! Keep up the good work !

cricket_king
April 27, 2008, 11:26 PM
Why are people saying he's "captain material"? Yes he has a cool head, and yes he has saved us from embarrassment a few times, but that's not the only thing a captain needs. We haven't even seen him lead yet so we have no clue on his leadership skills. The vital feature in a captain's game is how he leads his team. Plus he's only been playing for a year. Wait another 6 or 7 years, and if we really need a new captain, then we can consider him as an option.

AsifTheManRahman
April 27, 2008, 11:34 PM
We did see him lead. He led the BCB XI outfit that drew a first class and an OD match against a full South African side. But that's not the point. I agree that he probably wouldn't make a good leader, at least not now. Then again, he could become one with time.

WarWolf
April 27, 2008, 11:35 PM
Why are people saying he's "captain material"? Yes he has a cool head, and yes he has saved us from embarrassment a few times, but that's not the only thing a captain needs. We haven't even seen him lead yet so we have no clue on his leadership skills. The vital feature in a captain's game is how he leads his team. Plus he's only been playing for a year. Wait another 6 or 7 years, and if we really need a new captain, then we can consider him as an option.
Spot on.:up:

ehteshamul
April 28, 2008, 08:17 PM
Who should Captain BD ? Some suggestions on New threads .

In the light of Ashraful’s performance battingwise and leadeshipwise the logical choice for captaincy I feel should go to either Saqib because of his consistent and cool performance or Mashrafee for his reasonable performance.

Both are all-rounders, Saqib being a batting all-rounder and mashrafee bowling all-rounder.

Agewise, playing experiencewise Mashrafee edges him out.

But if one looks at consistency and coolness and setting an example Saqib surpasses Mashrafee and appears to be a better choice.

In order to command respect from the team members one has to perform and perform consistently and Saqib has been doing that.

When the team runs into a serious crisis as we are now I don’t think we have any better choices? Do we?

As a captain it is to a team’s advantage if an allrounder is chosen as he has a better grasp of both batting and bowling.

Some of the allrounder captains has done very well in the long run like Pakistan’s Imran Khan, India’s Sourav to name a few .

Agewise its should not be a problem. Look at Graeme Smith .When South Africa had a crisis with captaincy they chose Graeme Smith who was very young at that time overlooking more deserving candidates like Jack Kallis, Mark Boucher.

Smith did not get a flying start. But in a short span of time he has established himself as a good captain and we all know how good he is now. More importantly he sets an example by leading from the front.

Pakistan has taken the risk with Shoaib Malik overlooking Younis Khan, Shoaib Akhter, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi. He is not doing anything outstanding but he is not doing bad either. As he gains experience he will do better. Incidentally he is also an Allrounder.

When Imran Khan was chosen he had 3 Ex Captains under him who were more experienced. But by setting personal example he went to become possibly the best ever Captain Pakistan had and one of the best in the world during his time

I know Saqib has not much experience as a captain. But he showed great promise when he led a BCCB eleven to tie with mighty South Africans. So far as I remember there was no Ashraful in that eleven.

Ideally Nafees would have been the best choice because of his educational background and great communication skills and capability of tactful handling of media which may be pretty nasty at times.

Unfortunately being out of form and inconsistent he does not even have a place in the team.

Saqib may make mistakes initially. But if he can perform and maintain his consistency he will able to command respect and get the best out of the team or choose Mashrafee as a compromise and hand Saqib the vice captaincy to groom him for the future.

I guess BCB has to take a chance ASAP to avoid further decline of our team.

If the captain of the ship is unstable how could one expect stability from the rest of the team

The other thing I would like the editorial Board of Banglacricket forum is to explore the possibility to open threads on the following topics which is the need of the hour.

Should Siddons be retained as a Head coach or Does Siddons fit into the role of Head coach for Bangladesh?

Bowling and Fielding coaches? Who would the cricket Banglacricket forum fans go for?
What should BCB do about it?

What has happened to our pace hunt? Why are we not bringing into limelight the pacemen unearthed from the talent hunt?

What should BCB do for preparing fast and bouncy pitches?

I suggest once we open the threads on the above suggested topics the editorial Board of Banglacricket forum should pick the best suggestions/solutions expressed by the fans and present it to the BCB for their review and consideration

As ideas will emanate from different fans this will help BCB to prepare a blue print of our cricket team that will benefit them in the long run to eradicate some of the unacceptable things that has happened to BD cricket team

W cannot allow our cricket performance to go down any further.

It took many years and a lot of effort and Input from BCB, cricketers to earn our cricket status.

But the way things stand now we are in grave danger of losing it.

ICC will not hesitate to show us the door if further deterioration continues.

Cricket Australia has already snubbed us by reducing our Cricket tour to only one day matches. What a shame for us? If we get bundled out inside 3 days in a test match they will have the audacity to that. Do have any defense? No.

So we should all try with whatever input we can to contribute through ideas/suggestions to help BD at least save our One day status.

I will appreciate if the editorial Board of Banglacricket forum takes the initiative to open thread/threads on the topics I have suggested so that we can get valuable opinions of Banglacricket forum fans .

Thanking you.

zainab
April 29, 2008, 06:23 AM
Well thought out! but who at BCB will read this? They have their own ideas, and will not even bother to listen to banglacricket members.

BANFAN
April 30, 2008, 12:55 AM
I don't see any point of making Sakib the captain and spoiling his game. He is doing better than others recently but he needs to focus more on consistency with the bat and ball. I don't find any point of comparison between Sakib and Imran/Ganguly/G Smith.

All sorts of threads are available in BC, one has to take the trouble to search through.

jeesh
April 30, 2008, 07:26 AM
Absolutely agree. Let Sakib develop his game. He is an intelligent guy, and the last thing he needs is the irrational burden of expectation and pressure of captaincy.

scoilaheez
May 4, 2008, 10:44 PM
Absolutely agree. Let Sakib develop his game. He is an intelligent guy, and the last thing he needs is the irrational burden of expectation and pressure of captaincy.

i concur 100%, wait a few years and if ash is still struggling then and only then should sakib be considered for capt, players need to become well established in the team before becoming captain.

Rifat
May 5, 2008, 03:53 AM
hmmm. sakib 10th in allrounding standing, well i hope he also becomes 10th nationwide allrounder for his HSC exams...(unless he and his well wishers aim higher) i hope he does well with his studies....

ALLAHU A'LEEM

zainab
May 6, 2008, 06:51 AM
Hope that he does well in his studies. He probably felt that this is the best time to complete his exams, then he can concentrate on cricket. He will be missed.

Inshallah, he will move up the ranking in the all rounder table of the ICC.