PDA

View Full Version : Rokto Jokhon Diyechi, Rokto Aro Dibo - Kintu Moshari Tangabo Na Inshallah

Kabir
April 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
In English: When I've given blood, I'll give more blood. But I won't use the mosquito net.

Isn't that what we see in our team?

1. Aftab: when I've acted dumb, I'll act dumber. But I won't straighten up. If I can't be out by playing lousy shots, I'll run myself out Inshallah.

2. Ashraful: when I've played lofted shots, I'll keep playing lofted shots. But I won't give up our team rules Inshallah.

3. Tamim: when I haven't scored on the no-ball, I won't score in the free-hit either (the one outside the off-stamp...after which he was bowled). But I won't give up complaining to the umpire about the ball going over my head Inshallah.

4. Nazim: when I haven't picked the slower delivery, I won't pick it now either. But I won't stop trying to hit the ball outside the boundary Inshallah.

My take on this: As long as the players don't stop acting like a bunch of crazy morons, they shouldn't be out in the middle. The series was long-enough for them to learn from their own mistakes. In the 5 ODIs, I haven't seen anyone try and work on their problems. What good was the series then? Only a waste of time for us?

I'm in a situation where I want to take another haitus from BD cricket. It doesn't embarrass me supporting my team. It does, however, embarrass me supporting a bunch of idiots out in the middle who are simply incompetent.

Nafis_BD
April 20, 2008, 01:48 PM
:floor: :floor: :floor:

Classic example of our team. Great work Kabir bhaiya!!!:)

WarWolf
April 20, 2008, 01:49 PM
History repeats itself even in the paradise.

BTW very good thread Kabir. You summed it up well.

AsifTheManRahman
April 20, 2008, 01:52 PM
Rokto Jokhon Diyechi, Rokto Aro Dibo - Kintu Moshari Tangabo Na

Ebarer shongram, amader ijott hanir shongram
Ebarer shongram, murkhotar shongram!

Kabir
April 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
Good one ATMR. Exactly my point.

Sohel
K,

Thank GOD you have your lovely wife, family and work, and I have Bagerhat to replenish our "loyalty" with a fresh new batch of doomed expectations.

Growing pains my brother, growing pains.

But the baulods on and off the field just can't see the Ibuprofen, or the the little band aid with its false promise of a better tomorrow. Endless management of a crisis made by our compulsive short-term thinking can only make us stay exactly where we tend to.

PS: the jautil humor did not escape me BTW, just a bit bummed, that's all.

WarWolf
Ek dofa ek dabi
Test status tui kobe jabi...

Kabir
April 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
Ek dofa ek dabi

Shabbash Bangali...Shabbash Bangali...Shabbash Bangali.

CricTiger
April 20, 2008, 01:56 PM
Maar jokhon keyachi -aro maar khabo kinto bowling line change korbo na .
Ball jokhon dekhechi -upporay tuley marbo -aro out hobbo

CricTiger
April 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
Ek dofa ek dabi
EITA APNEE KEY BALLEN -BHAIJAN -Bhaloy holo na -Prottahar koren eita .

AsifTheManRahman
What bothers me the most is this: Pakistan obviously put some value on us (I say this keeping in mind the fact that we were probably the only ones free at this time) that made them invite us over for a five match series in the absence of Australia. We obviously didn't make good use of it. Where do we stand in the minds of other nations who might otherwise have invited us over in the off season?

WarWolf
Ashrafoool er kisu hole
Jolbe Agun ghore ghore..

WarWolf
April 20, 2008, 02:00 PM
EITA APNEE KEY BALLEN -BHAIJAN -Bhaloy holo na -Prottahar koren eita .
Please negate all the slogans i write here. They are just used to express my frustrations in a funny matter. I think Kabir's intension was like that also...

mahbubH
April 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
2. Ashraful: when I've played lofted shots, I'll keep playing lofted shots. But I won't give up our team rules.

Classic!!

Eshen
April 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
Where do we stand in the minds of other nations who might otherwise have invited us over in the off season?
Most likely, they will now prefer Zimbabwe over us.

CricTiger
April 20, 2008, 02:02 PM
Ashrafoool er kisu hole
Jolbe Agun ghore ghore..
I am still waiting for the thread where people will demand ripping off Ash's Captaincy --Eto deri hossay keno ---

Shuta ta kholen please

mahbubH
April 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
K,

PS: the jautil humor did not escape me BTW, just a bit bummed, that's all.

Hope you still believe some of these players will end their career with near 50 test average!!

WarWolf
April 20, 2008, 02:05 PM
I am still waiting for the thread where people will demand ripping off Ash's Captaincy --Eto deri hossay keno ---

Shuta ta kholen please
It's natural. Tai na? Because it's evident that the pressure of the captaincy had put a very bad impact on him. He was never so much inconsistent. It's better letting him play freely by removing the pressure from his shoulder.

But we can try two more series before going to that decision.

CricTiger
April 20, 2008, 02:07 PM

There is another flavor of this also.Pakistan have won 11 straight ODI by inviting ZIM + BD .
We can try to beat the record by inviting ZIM + Ireland+Kenya+scottland etc

CricTiger
April 20, 2008, 02:12 PM
It's natural. Tai na? Because it's evident that the pressure of the captaincy had put a very bad impact on him. He was never so much inconsistent. It's better letting him play freely by removing the pressure from his shoulder.

But we can try two more series before going to that decision.

I agree on this one with you.The next one is tri nation and after that I guess Asia Cup .

Kabir
April 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
Dhiman: when I've dropped sitters, I'll keep dropping it more. But I won't let anyone set the example Bhogobaner Kosom.

djnaved
April 20, 2008, 02:34 PM
joss ekta post

shahdat: short ball dia jokhon mair khaichi, aro short ball dibo, batsmander matha fatie dibo inshallah

Eshen
April 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
Ashraful: Sumon bhai pissed the hell out of fans with his poor captaincy, poor batting form, and illogical statements to media. I will keep doing the same as a captain, won't change a thing.

niroshu
April 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
post ta khub josssss hoise.

but amar khub kosto lagtese.

Sohel
April 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hope you still believe some of these players will end their career with near 50 test average!!

Of course bro !

I stick to what I said until the time-frames attached to those numbers come to pass.

Only Tamim is in the "near 50" from the names mentioned by Kabir here.

So a better way to put your comment IMHO, could've been "Hope you still believe TAMIM will end HIS career with near 50 test average!!"

I also mentioned Zunaed with those numbers and I stand by that.

Umar
April 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
Shakib: Halara shobai out hoia jay...Mar tuilla bari...Shobai mare..Ami baki thakmu ken...

Shahadat:Short ball jokhon korechi tokhon aro korbo...char khabo ..chokka khabo.. char chokka khawar por batsman er dikey takano charbona..

Siddons: "Positives er jonno khelte eshechi...win korte ashi nai..Team rule onujayi khelte parle winning is not impossible!"

ATHAR ALI KHAN : THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE WIN THESE MATCHES. AS LONG AS TAMIM IQBAL BROTHER OF NAFEES IQBAL WHO's UNCLE AKRAM KHAN the FORMER CAPTAIN OF BANGLADESH KEEPS ROTATING STRIKES I RECON THERE IS A HUGE CHANCE FOR BANGLADESH TO WIN!!

WE SUPPORTERS: TOMRA KHELTE NAI BA PARO...or NAI BA PARO...tobu Ek match e perform korei tomra amader MON VOLATE PARO!

abdulmukit
April 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
shakib al hasan: i played a 100 runs innings in 4th odi and from now on (as per team rules) i wont gonna score more than 20 runs in atleast NEXT 50 ODI'S. (joke: just dancing in the party). i have fate in this man.

Russell2k7
April 20, 2008, 03:25 PM
You cant really put anything on Nazim his bak to bak sixes even made us come bak to the game only for Aftab to be run out foolishly. He did overall hit some glorious shots.

Kabir
April 20, 2008, 03:28 PM
You cant really put anything on Nazim his bak to bak sixes even made us come bak to the game only for Aftab to be run out foolishly. He did overall hit some glorious shots.

The fact that Nazim hit 2 back-to-back sixes doesn't take away the "issues" he was having in the middle. He was horrible with the slower deliveries, and wasn't able to pick them up comfortably. I wasn't taking anything away from him, but pointing out the problem he was having and failed to fix during the game. He faced at least 4 slower deliveries while I was watching the match.

Spitfire_x86
April 20, 2008, 03:40 PM
Apart from those 2 sixes, his innings was total rubbish.

We hit only 5 good shots (2 straight 4s from Tamim, 1 lofted cover drive from Ash and those 2 sixes by Nazim) in the whole innings, when all batsmen had the license to hit freely. Just shows you how abominable our batting really was.

cricket_dorshok
April 20, 2008, 03:41 PM
classic thread Kabir bhai!
:floor::floor::floor:

Roni_uk
April 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
shabash bangladesh..
ei prithibi obak takiye roy
run out, lb, zero run e out hoye jhar khar
tobu shikhkha nebar noy.

ZaKi
April 20, 2008, 05:59 PM
Darun Akta Post. Thx Kabir Bhai.
5 ODI + 1 Twenty20 = we wasted 1 1/2 days. Result ? apner ei thread. Ashraful lofted shot khele caught out hoe tv te bole, 'i have changed my game plan and following team rules' but team rule as we knw... ball uthiye mara jabe nah..... sorry 2 say, amader player ra eivabe khelle Siddons keno world er best coach anleo kono lav hobe nah.

Ajfar
April 20, 2008, 07:06 PM
sobai dekhi andoloner pothee

CricTiger
April 20, 2008, 08:19 PM
sobai dekhi andoloner pothee
Deshe ekono tho emergency cholche -tai eto raag ekani

kalpurush
April 20, 2008, 10:41 PM
Its not the end of the world, you know!
We have a series to face in our own backyeard in month. So, please help the kigs with your ( all my friends at BC ) thoughts here...

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=26597

THANK YOU :):)

Mahir
April 20, 2008, 11:15 PM
One of the best possible threads in current situation... :up: Kabir bhai.

al-Sagar
April 21, 2008, 02:23 AM
Mashrafe : ek bar full toss e 4-6 khaisi to kee hoise, aro full toss korbo. Over e 6 ta full toss er 5ta boundary hoileu Ekta full toss to miss kore out hobe. As Ekta full toss Ektu short pitch korlei to yorker hoye jabe

zainab
April 21, 2008, 05:44 AM
There is another flavor of this also.Pakistan have won 11 straight ODI by inviting ZIM + BD .
We can try to beat the record by inviting ZIM + Ireland+Kenya+scottland etc

Pakistan was indeed smart to have done this. They knew that these two teams were easy targets and took full advantage of the situation.
This also improve their world ranking in ODIs, because I think that they overtake Sri Lanka now. As Malik said-- A win is a win regardless against which team.

This was a useless series for BD. Too hurried, no preparation, no practice matches in Pakistan. IMO, BD shoud have never accepted this invitation. I hold them entirely responsible for this failure.
The players should have remained in BD and played domestic cricket.

Kabir
April 21, 2008, 08:50 AM
And finally...something that can lead me to getting pounded by everyone here.

Tiger fans: When we've been whitewashed, we'll get even more whitewashed...but we won't stop thinking of whitewashing our opponents before the series starts Inshallah.

Kabir
April 21, 2008, 08:59 AM
Quoting Eshen from the other thread:

Little less than three years ago, Aftab, Ashraful, and Shahriar looked like players full of high potential (I am talking about the NatWest series), now they all look like players full of crap - this is the story of Bangladesh cricket so far.

It's like the chicken-egg problem. What came first? Chicken or the egg? Rather, who came first? The stupidity of the team as a whole, or the stupidity of the individual players? Isn't it like one of the venoms that's simply spreading more and more into the team?

Razi
April 21, 2008, 09:17 AM
Shakib: Halara shobai out hoia jay...Mar tuilla bari...Shobai mare..Ami baki thakmu ken...

Shahadat:Short ball jokhon korechi tokhon aro korbo...char khabo ..chokka khabo.. char chokka khawar por batsman er dikey takano charbona..

Siddons: "Positives er jonno khelte eshechi...win korte ashi nai..Team rule onujayi khelte parle winning is not impossible!"

ATHAR ALI KHAN : THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE WIN THESE MATCHES. AS LONG AS TAMIM IQBAL BROTHER OF NAFEES IQBAL WHO's UNCLE AKRAM KHAN the FORMER CAPTAIN OF BANGLADESH KEEPS ROTATING STRIKES I RECON THERE IS A HUGE CHANCE FOR BANGLADESH TO WIN!!

WE SUPPORTERS: TOMRA KHELTE NAI BA PARO...or NAI BA PARO...tobu Ek match e perform korei tomra amader MON VOLATE PARO!

lol...this is the best one in my opinion specially Athar's one...!!!

BANFAN
April 21, 2008, 09:51 AM

Have you or anyone noticed, a small incident after the back to back 6s by Nazim?

Aftab walked upto Nazim and was angry on him. The next ball he went into shell and was never himself. If a player makes some beautiful hitting and when he is in rythm, one would expect a pat/encouragement. But that was a bully I guess.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I just felt after that, the players are on some protest against the coach for being pushed too much to play against their preferred way. Well I may be wrong, hope I am.

Specially if you see aftab's outs, I have to think it seriously. He just threw away his wickets with smiles.

Tigers_eye
April 21, 2008, 10:14 AM
I am just in too deep thinking on how can this mauling end. Just a year ago I had full confidence in snatching a game or two against Pak, WI, Ind in their own backyard in five game series (Even playing with 10 players).

Fazal
April 21, 2008, 10:59 AM
Specially if you see aftab's outs, I have to think it seriously. He just threw away his wickets with smiles.

If that's what he really did (throwing away his wicket to teach the coach a lesson) then I have to say he is a bigger Gordhob than Ashraful.... actually no... then I have to say he is a biggerst Gordhob of all time.

fwullah
April 21, 2008, 11:22 AM

Shuta ta kholen please

Eto deri hossay karon amader ei muhurte aar kono player nai scapegoat bananor.

fwullah
April 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
I am just in too deep thinking on how can this mauling end. Just a year ago I had full confidence in snatching a game or two against Pak, WI, Ind in their own backyard in five game series (Even playing with 10 players).

That's because all our Senior Players have gone and now we're missing them dearly.

Kabir
April 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
Eto deri hossay karon amader ei muhurte aar kono player nai scapegoat bananor.

Bepar na. Ekta thread khulte khulte scapegoad automatically ready hoye jaabe. Afterall, we've got way too many of them.

Kabir
June 9, 2008, 12:40 PM
Ashraful: guta jokhon khaisi, guta aro khabo...kintu jitar cheshta korbo na Inshallah.

Mashrafee: Bhoy jokhon paisi, bhoy aro pabo. Kintu biral theika bagh howar cheshta korbo na abar Inshallah.

Aftab: Bolod hoiya jonmaisi, bolod hoiyai thakbo. Kintu Chatgaiya shoudagor der budhdhir level charay jamu na Inshallah.

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 12:51 PM
aushosto Manush... dushito rokhto...

Mosha will be sick.