PDA

View Full Version : I'm Batting Ok,I'm following the team rules: Mohammad Ashraful

djnaved
April 21, 2008, 07:44 PM
http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=66002

:-|

Sovik
April 21, 2008, 08:00 PM
he must be out of his mind. after this comment i have no doubt that he is mentally retarded. may be he could represent Bangladesh in Special Olympic but that will be an insult to every other participants.

mali007
April 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Ground Shot Aakashey Maari
Maaf Koro Coach Paiye Pori.
Mathai Aamar Hoyechey Gondogol
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan
Aami Captain Aami Maastaan !!

pocha
April 21, 2008, 09:53 PM
Stop blaming Ash only. The problem lies with the process we follow.

Unless we change the cricket culture, nothing will happen

detroitpagla
April 21, 2008, 09:56 PM
oh man this is funny lolz hahahah good job!!! bd should ONLY play with ireland, kenya, zim or maybe WI
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan

pocha
April 21, 2008, 09:58 PM
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan

Amazing. What a creativity :)

RezOne
April 21, 2008, 10:07 PM
he must be out of his mind. after this comment i have no doubt that he is mentally retarded. may be he could represent Bangladesh in Special Olympic but that will be an insult to every other participants.

I've thought about this too. I seriously think he suffers from some sort of mental problem.

al-Sagar
April 21, 2008, 10:09 PM
I need to find, something to blame for the long lost time

BDFan07
April 21, 2008, 10:29 PM
Stop blaming Ash only. The problem lies with the process we follow.

Unless we change the cricket culture, nothing will happen

And why should people stop blaming Ashraful? He is the main reason that we lost. He is retarded and at the very least he should be stripped of the captaincy of the team. He does not even have the capability to acknowledge the fact that he did not perform well in the series. By his comments he is tarnishing the image of our team. He has made us a laughing stock.

AsifTheManRahman
April 21, 2008, 10:32 PM
Honestly, he should stop blabbering about this "team rule" crap. It sounds amateurish.

cricket_king
April 21, 2008, 10:33 PM
And why should people stop blaming Ashraful? He is the main reason that we lost. He is retarded and at the very least he should be stripped of the captaincy of the team. He does not even have the capability to acknowledge the fact that he did not perform well in the series. By his comments he is turnishing the image of our team. He has made us a laughing stock.

It's "tarnishing". And Our whole team has made us a laughing stock. They all suck. It's a team effort.

Pundit
April 21, 2008, 10:36 PM
He may swing like Goliath at times, but he still has the mind of a little boy, I am afraid.

tonoy
April 21, 2008, 10:46 PM
WTF?! Why the hell does he not admit he is having some tough time out there? Team rule my a**. Then again, you cant really blame the cow for eating the crops, if the farmer himself has released the cow into the crop field.

cricket_pagol
April 21, 2008, 11:15 PM
Ashrafool er matha kharap hoye gese!!!

jeesh
April 21, 2008, 11:17 PM
Lack of maturity. And i am sure he has been fed this words by someone before the press conference. What they should realise is admitting mistakes will make the fans and press a bit less hostile.

cricket_fanatic
April 21, 2008, 11:31 PM
I don't really find these comments from Ashraful surprising. Apparently to him 'batting well' is not getting a big score but just hitting the ball with the middle of the bat. That's why he is quite happy with these 20-30's. No surprise that he thinks "we played competitive cricket in pakistan". When you set your sights so low, you are bound to be happy with anything.

Someone (Siddons or may be another Jamal) needs to explain to him that you need to develop the habit of building an innings: you can't just fudge it. And that habit grows when you make an effort to play long innings in domestic cricket, however crap its standard may be.

detroitpagla
April 21, 2008, 11:37 PM
bro u got a point here Ash was always an inconsistant player and now that he has the power he's even worse. he keeps saying "my batting is improving ever since i became a captain but how come all of us dnt feel that way? Are we blind? Are we that dumb that we dont know about cricket? or is it Ashraful- who predicts that his batting improved but actually in real life he is still the same gadha ashraful??

Ashrafool er matha kharap hoye gese!!!

jeesh
April 22, 2008, 03:07 AM
We hoped for a Tendulkar and we are left with a mediocre Afridi. Really Disappointing.

Razi
April 22, 2008, 03:31 AM
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan

Simply great...excellent creativity...keep up the good work...we may need this sort of poems more to get entertained as our jokers are not joking well...!!!

Yasin
April 22, 2008, 04:07 AM
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan

:lol: This is simply awesome. :lol::lol:

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 04:09 AM
There are some professionals in the world these days called "Psychiatrists". Their main responsibility is to help people like Ashrafoool and the co. BCB should hire the best Psychiatrist in the country for the cricket team. Hope it may work....

BangladeshFan
April 22, 2008, 04:21 AM
we should have a captain who can atleast communicate well.

either way Bd will lose, atleast a better speaking captain can represent the country well to the media. performance is a non issue as we dont have a single consistent player in the team!

Shahriar Nafis anyone?

BangladeshFan
April 22, 2008, 04:25 AM
i wouldnt even made ashraful captain of my "para" team. he can hit a few risky 4s here and there, is that the criteria of making someone captain??

our selectors need to have their head checked.

Yasin
April 22, 2008, 04:29 AM
Ashrafool - BC members call me
I am talented, can't you see?
How can you people be so shallow
Its the team rules that I follow.
In double digits I manage to score
Still BC members want more.
My average is a mighty 22
I am talented, dont you have a clue?
My hand-eye coordination is just great
Did you forget Jalal so soon mate?
So what if I cant place the ball in the gap
I am the captain of Bangladesh - I have the right to slap.

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 04:54 AM
Wonderful peace of works mail007 and Yasin.
Great!!!! We found other two poets in BC along with Obayed bhai.

auntu
April 22, 2008, 04:55 AM
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan

:-D kothin guru :-D

Ashrafool - BC members call me
I am talented, can't you see?
How can you people be so shallow
Its the team rules that I follow.
In double digits I manage to score
Still BC members want more.
My average is a mighty 22
I am talented, dont you have a clue?
My hand-eye coordination is just great
Did you forget Jalal so soon mate?
So what if I cant place the ball in the gap
I am the captain of Bangladesh - I have the right to slap.

Jotil :-D

BC kabbo prothibha dekhe simply mugdho :notworthy::notworthy:

auntu
April 22, 2008, 05:01 AM
Kobiter eto chora chori
jeno 4, 6 er mara mari

dukkho er razze BC kobita moi
Dhutraful jeno jholshano ek jinish

Yasin
April 22, 2008, 05:03 AM
hahaha thanks auntu and warwolf...though all credit to mali007 who have started it all..

Omio
April 22, 2008, 05:37 AM
This should be the best joke of the year- The team rules of BD cricket.

crikfreak
April 22, 2008, 05:43 AM
ashraful is mentally retarded.. why doesn't he just accept the fact that he is batting miserably and try to improve it instead of saying "i'm batting ok" and "i got into double figures" and what not!!.. he is making us the laughing stock of the cricket world.. and why does not he just drop the "we are trying to follow a team rule".. whats our team rule?? to get all out with as low scores as possible??.. o pagol hoye gese.. screw dhila hoye gese..

btw awesome posts by mali007 and yasin..

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 05:43 AM
This should be the best joke of the year- The team rules of BD cricket.
The way Ash gives reference of the team rules sounds really funny. Every team has some team rules. Only this team talks about it every now and then.:timeout:

Reminds me of some puppet.

simon
April 22, 2008, 06:10 AM
Aamar Naam Ashraful
Follow Kori Teamrule!
Taito Boki Aabol Taabol!
Sobai Morey Bolchey Bhua
Aami Boli Hukka Hua.
Supportarra Shaabdhaan

Welldone buddy.
Very funny that was:-p
Start writing another poem on Ash 's successful innings.

Baundule
April 22, 2008, 06:39 AM
Nothing new in Ahraful's comment. This very well reflects where we do stand as a nation. This has been our national attitude for years.

mali007
April 22, 2008, 08:27 AM
hahaha thanks auntu and warwolf...though all credit to mali007 who have started it all..
Thanks for the kind words.

Kabir
April 22, 2008, 08:38 AM
I was at a friend's place and catched a bit of NTV news.

This is what Ashraful said (with a lot of difficulty in even speaking Bangla): "I'm batting okay, I don't see a problem with it...I'm just probably not being lucky these days...luck is very important for cricket."

After hearing him say that, I really think it was the worst decision in the history of BD cricket to make him a captain. Sorry to say, I don't think we'll make even 5% improvement under Ashraful's captaincy. Mark my words.

If a captain doesn't know how to point out the mistakes by him and his team, there can never be improvement.

Fazal
April 22, 2008, 09:19 AM
When Ash was made captain, some of us had reservation from the get go. But people said he will be better than bashar, he has great cricket mind, it will help him to settle down as a player also, we don't have any other options left, etc, etc. Atlast some people are comming to realization that after all that was not a good decision.

Ash was always kind of indecipline player. He never showed he can adjust to game situation, he never showed that he is leading by example game-in and game-out, his communication skill was suspect from the begining. At that time he was struggling with his batting and captaincy definitety increased the pressure. He was never groomed by the management to be a captain ( like they did/doing with SN, Rahim, Sakib, etc), he never shown that he is a good student/learner . There was a time when Dav was so disgusted with him, not following his instruction, he tried to drop him , but due to outside pressure he was brought back too soon into the team, Dav's hands were tied, and Dav pretty much ignored Ash and stopped talking with him as a protest. So what management did next? Made him a Captain as if all problem will be solved by miracle. And public started praising magagment's decision.

So the end result? We are here ( as some of us expected long time ago) whether we like it or not. Even though I have no expectation out of Ash as a captain, I am not suggesting his resignation yet, he deserve a little bit more time before he is dropped as a captain. Whether he should be dropped as a batsman or not that's a different question.

Next time they choose a captain I want them to choose the right one and stick with him. Not a Mashrafee here, a Razzak there, a SN in between... next time they choose I want to make sure they choose someone they a already grooming like: Sakib, Rahim, or even SN and stay with him for a while. But to do that, they need to make sure that as a player he is sure shot in the team... and none of them are a sure shot yet in the team except for Sakib may be.

My personal choice of future captain is of-course Sakib. But I am willing to wait a little bit.

Pundit
April 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
Nothing new in Ahraful's comment. This very well reflects where we do stand as a nation. This has been our national attitude for years.

Precisely...though some of us here in banglacricket have let our personal success in the States give us a different view. We forget, because of the great system here in the U.S., almost anybody can do well with a little effort. But succeeding in Bangladesh...now that has merits, especially if you are a Cricket player with the national team.

sadi
April 22, 2008, 09:47 AM
These team rule crap sound really childish to me to be honest. A test team captain shouldn't be talking like this.

Pundit
April 22, 2008, 09:47 AM
I was at a friend's place and catched a bit of NTV news.

This is what Ashraful said (with a lot of difficulty in even speaking Bangla): "I'm batting okay, I don't see a problem with it...I'm just probably not being lucky these days...luck is very important for cricket."

After hearing him say that, I really think it was the worst decision in the history of BD cricket to make him a captain. Sorry to say, I don't think we'll make even 5% improvement under Ashraful's captaincy. Mark my words.

If a captain doesn't know how to point out the mistakes by him and his team, there can never be improvement.

The question now is...where do we go from here. We just cannot jettison him. The only option is to keep Bashar at the helm for 2 more years. His batting is no worse than others. Maybe he can bring a level of calmness with his seniority? And yes, spank him - Ashraful (not by you, but the coach..or maybe Javed Omar's wife).

SS
April 22, 2008, 09:49 AM
He didn't tell a lie...
He is batting OK - Ashraful gives winning innings two times a year.
He is following team rules - First three batsmen have license to slog and he consider himself the top batsman (not order wise). On top of it, he is captain he guides and decides what team should do in situations.
He played competitative cricket - He played in Rainhill, He played in national league...standard of those cricket and Pak bowling...give it a break....Pak pacers are natural born and they become bond, lee, wasim and waqar when they play against BD...Pak new spinners are also best they become kadir, saqlain, mustaq in their debuts by taking three wickets in an over...
so he played competitive opponents who play better cricket than him and his team.

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 10:03 AM
Sounds like Ashraful was talking with Bashar before the press conference :)

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 10:25 AM
Once again, Shakib shows his maturity.

Shakib Al Hasan, who scored a hundred in the fourth ODI, offered a more realistic view. "The team's morale is down after defeats one after another against the top sides," he admitted. "[This] was the main reason behind our bad performance and we have to get out from this situation."

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvbdesh/content/story/347273.html

Murad
April 22, 2008, 10:39 AM
BD player der bujhi na

aage bolto.. I try to play my "natural game".

EKhon bole... I try to follow my "team rules".

shob ghulai gadhar dhol...

Ashraful cricket koyek masher jonne chere diye.. ekta valo school/college e giye admission neya uchit.. he needs to learn a lot of things. like how to speak, how to handle different things.

oshikkhito manusher etai problem...jeta bujhe otatei thake... ar keo take convince korte parbena..

he should start doing the BKSP classes like Mushy and Shakib. They learned a lot from that school.

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 11:32 AM
Why we guys are wasting so much time on him? What is the reason behind being ashrafooled?

sislam2
April 22, 2008, 11:40 AM
There is old saying..

"Kuttar lej khokhono shoja hoi na"
Ash never gonna change, we need to face that reality.

Fazal
April 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
.... but.... but Ashrful is human and he doen't have any tail also.

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
Ekta purano koutuk mone porlo....Does the lady sound like Ash?

Chele holo ektu pungta type er... Porashuna baad dia shob kore berai... Jothariti result hoi temon...Pass kora or vagge jotei na..Ma kintu abar cheler bapare daruun confident..Tar cheler moto chelei hoi na...Poralekhai eto valo...Ki chotmotkar brain...Bandhobi der vodromohila bole berai..."Amar chele tar eto brain je master ra hingsha te jole...Tai ore mark dite chai na...protita porikhkhai o 100 kore pawar kotha...Master der bodmaishi te result ta ektu kharap hoye jaii....."

thebest
April 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
watch out for newspaper heading " Siddons is not talking with Ashraful". I was actually wondering why DW was not talking with his most talented prodigy when he is down. Now I understand. Because that was the only treatment left behind. Being an australian he did not knew about corporal punishment that our parents knew. But Ashraful know only[বাংলা]বেতের বাডী[/বাংলা]. Siddons would also find out soon. actually in batting with the exception of SN and Asraful I saw sign of change. Tamim proved he is a quick learner; Sakib improved his foot movement; Aftab is changing his style (I think and hope this is a temporary glitch; just like calibration period of a machine/model). But nothing to prove me that SN and Ash is improving. They are playing in the same way. SN no foot movement; playing away from body; Ashraful either sink or swim shot; nothing in between. One glorious cover drive followed by the ugliest of pull.
JS as mentor has the responsibility his protage. he is doing. But how long he would take I am waiting to see. My bet till SA tour.

djnaved
April 22, 2008, 12:49 PM
watch out for newspaper heading " Siddons is not talking with Ashraful".

which newspaper?

capslock
April 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
It's the George Bush approach to bad news, keep denying it long enough and people will start to believe it.

Fazal
April 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
which newspaper?

Read the whole article, you will find out.... who is (not) talking with whom (http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewnews.html?id=802)

BangladeshFan
April 22, 2008, 01:02 PM
by the way, what is the meaning of "team rules"?

Fazal
April 22, 2008, 01:05 PM

I think it means "Kesto betayee Chor" or in other words "scapegoat"

Kabir
April 22, 2008, 04:32 PM
It's the George Bush approach to bad news, keep denying it long enough and people will start to believe it.

Post of the thread :up:

Kabir
April 22, 2008, 04:33 PM

It's the UN style rule - the stronger nations who have nuclear power should keep having it. No-one else should possess such power after these stronger nations. And when there's something we have to agree on, the stronger nations will get the power to veto - otherwise they will use their nuclear bomb to put highlights on the weaker nations' hair.

Kabir
April 22, 2008, 04:34 PM
Sounds like Ashraful was talking with Bashar before the press conference :)

Trust me bro, he beat Bashar to it!

Tiger444
April 22, 2008, 05:13 PM
Wow you guys really need to shut the hell up. Ya Ashraful did not play well bt it's against Pakistan. When will you guys learn? I understand why you guys are mad but calling him retarded just because he said I'm batting ok. If you guys feel you guys can play cricket then go and try to play against Pakistan and get completely owned. You guys are so immature man it's not even funny. What is Ashraful going to say? O ya i sucked so bad I shouldn't play anymore. no. That is the reason why I can't get along with some Bengalis. Too negative and insulting people. Remember Ashraful is a 23 year old captain that is a big responsibility. If you guys think you can do it try, but stop calling him retarded.

Cricket46
April 22, 2008, 06:47 PM
You must be a very young person or simply emotional. Whether he is 23 or 13 does not matter. He is the skipper of a test team and he is playing for 6-7 years at test level. What he is talking about is rubbish. Maybe people should not have called him 'retarded'. He does not have to say that he 'sucked up', but he should not even say 'I am playing OK'. That lacks common sense. That is immature. You will average under 20 in a series and you will say I am batting OK? What is this village cricket? It beats me. I have nothing against Ashraful, but he should let his bat do the talking and shut up till then.

The problem however is that we do not have much better option at this time.

Wow you guys really need to shut the hell up. Ya Ashraful did not play well bt it's against Pakistan. When will you guys learn? I understand why you guys are mad but calling him retarded just because he said I'm batting ok. If you guys feel you guys can play cricket then go and try to play against Pakistan and get completely owned. You guys are so immature man it's not even funny. What is Ashraful going to say? O ya i sucked so bad I shouldn't play anymore. no. That is the reason why I can't get along with some Bengalis. Too negative and insulting people. Remember Ashraful is a 23 year old captain that is a big responsibility. If you guys think you can do it try, but stop calling him retarded.

djnaved
April 22, 2008, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Tiger444;685222]. Remember Ashraful is a 23 year old captain that is a big responsibility. QUOTE]

bro, do u know that ash is not 23 years old? He is like 27/28 years old...........

Murad
April 22, 2008, 07:22 PM
bro, do u know that ash is not 23 years old? He is like 27/28 years old...........

How do you know that? What's your source? Can you share with us?

djnaved
April 22, 2008, 07:29 PM
How do you know that? What's your source? Can you share with us?

ami club cricket kheila ashci, r apni jiggash koren what's your source? kono player league/club cricket/international match khelar agea boyosh 3 theke 4 bochor komai dewa hoi jate shey aro besh koyekbochor khelte pare......under 13 e khelar shomoy amar boyosh 13 theke 11 kora hoichilo... amar mezo bhaier friend, mushfiqur rahman(former bd player) boyosh 4 bochor komaia dewa hoyechilo........

Tiger444
April 22, 2008, 07:35 PM
ya this djnaved is total bs. Nobody should believe this at all.

Murad
April 22, 2008, 07:37 PM
ami club cricket kheila ashci, r apni jiggash koren what's your source? kono player league/club cricket/international match khelar agea boyosh 3 theke 4 bochor komai dewa hoi jate shey aro besh koyekbochor khelte pare......under 13 e khelar shomoy amar boyosh 13 theke 11 kora hoichilo... amar mezo bhaier friend, mushfiqur rahman(former bd player) boyosh 4 bochor komaia dewa hoyechilo........

Ashraful er age khub beshi hole 24 hobe.. tar offical age ar real age only 3/4 months difference.

Nijeke diye shob kichu bichar korle hoi na.... nijer boyosh komiyecho tai bole shobar boyosh je komiyeche tar ki guarantee??

U19 e jokhon khelse tokhon bote test o korche. bone test e jodi or age 4 bochor beshi ashto real theke.. taile o to ar u19 e khelte parto na..

o first 2001 e jokhon test khelche.. oi pics gulo dekheso??

djnaved
April 22, 2008, 08:10 PM
Ashraful er age khub beshi hole 24 hobe.. tar offical age ar real age only 3/4 months difference.

Nijeke diye shob kichu bichar korle hoi na.... nijer boyosh komiyecho tai bole shobar boyosh je komiyeche tar ki guarantee??

U19 e jokhon khelse tokhon bote test o korche. bone test e jodi or age 4 bochor beshi ashto real theke.. taile o to ar u19 e khelte parto na..

o first 2001 e jokhon test khelche.. oi pics gulo dekheso??

hmm, i agree with your statements(bold), but when are you in the natinal team, you really can change your age..

al Furqaan
April 22, 2008, 10:33 PM
i refuse to think ash is that stupid...i agree he isn't the smartest cookie around - although the cerebral nature in which he attacks murali is einsteinian in nature.

i too am appalled at this "i'm batting OK" comments. however one has only to look at his expression immediately after dismissal to know he isn't pleased with himself. i'd wager that he suffers from a mental disorder which actually affects 99% of people. its called Infallibility Syndrome or GW Bush Disease. its a condition where a person can tell you that they are either infallible, or fallible yet cannot recall a single mistake they've ever made in their life.

Eshen
April 27, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ashraful will be quizzed over dumb comments he made to the media. Hopefully BCB bosses will tell him to try to use some sense next time he talks to the media,

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=OTU5MzA=&mid=OA==

MohammedC
April 27, 2008, 08:56 PM
Sounds like poor Ash is in big trouble

WarWolf
April 27, 2008, 11:37 PM
Sounds like poor Ash is in big trouble
He should be....