PDA

View Full Version : Training camp for discards

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
BCB is running a training camp for national team discards Habibul Bashar, Khaled Mashud, Javed Omar, Alok Kapali, Tushar Imran, Rajin Saleh, Mosharraf Hossain, and academy discards Nasiruddin Faruque, Jahirul Islam, Saghir Hossain. The two weeks long camp is taking place from 21st April to 4th May. Osman Chowdhury, Dipu Roy, and Minhajul Abedin are the coaches who are conducting this camp.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=66179

Looks like a batting camp to me. I hope they have some decent bowlers to bowl against those guys in the nets.

Eshen
April 22, 2008, 02:21 PM
What the frack - Siddons is gone on a vacation again !!! He will be back in Bangladesh on 9th May. Meanwhile, national team players will take a week long break, and then join the camp with discards for a week.

http://www.shamokal.com/archive.details.php?nd=2008-04-23&nid=93932

Siddons should have been here to watch those discards training, and to watch the academy boys playing against Pak academy. More importantly, he should be the one training national cricketers, not Dipu Roy or Nannu. BCB needs stop giving him George Bush treatment i.e. letting him take vacations so frequently.

SS
April 22, 2008, 02:33 PM
http://static.flickr.com/46/164524633_735e54a256.jpg

How about a training/treatment like this.

mali007
April 22, 2008, 03:24 PM
I liked this type of training . We need some matured experienced players.

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 03:34 PM
What the frack - Siddons is gone on a vacation again !!! He will be back in Bangladesh on 9th May. Meanwhile, national team players will take a week long break, and then join the camp with discards for a week.

It seems there is no accountability currently in BCB. Siddy is taking vacations like anything.... Ash is talking like anything...Selectors are selecting like anything...What a pity....

Dhruvo
April 22, 2008, 03:43 PM

http://www.shamokal.com/archive.details.php?nd=2008-04-23&nid=93932

Siddons should have been here to watch those discards training, and to watch the academy boys playing against Pak academy. More importantly, he should be the one training national cricketers, not Dipu Roy or Nannu. BCB needs stop giving him George Bush treatment i.e. letting him take vacations so frequently.
omg!,he shouldnttake a break now,its not the time for a break its the time to work hard and why is he taking a break anyway he didnt work that hard.

Fazal
April 22, 2008, 03:49 PM
May be he thought there is nothing to teach this group, as they are not teachable. and the team is not changeable. So why not take a break along the hefty salary and have some good time. What the point earning money if there is not enough time to spend. After all life is short....

Dhruvo
April 22, 2008, 04:00 PM
hmm thats good atleast they are gonna have some practice right,i just hope it goes well for them.

akabir77
April 22, 2008, 04:23 PM
why the hell this high paid coach goes to vacation after every tour? what's wrong with him and his employer? i can't believe they let him go. instead he should have been watching all kind of games thats happening in BD. if no matches r there then he should para matches to find that wasim akram or mash...

Murad
April 22, 2008, 04:32 PM
Oh sh*t. He's on vacation again??

Now tell me how are we gonna improve??

He works with the team for a weak just before a series starts. Othertimes he's busy with his holidays.

I don't understand what is the problem. Why did we have to make this baldy as our captain?? we should have someone from our subcontinent. He would do much better. Atleast he will not go on vacations after every series.

Gowza
April 22, 2008, 04:32 PM
after having such a bad series in pakistan this was a time when they could comeback and work on things as they had a bit of time, can't believe siddons has gone on vacation again. as for the camp, i think it would be more beneficial if it was for other players personally, it's a good idea but i'm not sure a camp like this will do much for the players they've chosen except for the academy players.

Nafis_BD
April 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
The camp idea is good but I don't know how much help it will give to the players. I don't believe Siddons has gone on a vacation again. He should be here working with the players, fixing their problems from the Pakistan series instead of spending time with his family.

wiseshah
April 22, 2008, 08:19 PM
BCB is running a training camp for national team discards Habibul Bashar, Khaled Mashud, Javed Omar, Alok Kapali, Tushar Imran, Rajin Saleh, Mosharraf Hossain, and academy discards Nasiruddin Faruque, Jahirul Islam, Saghir Hossain. The two weeks long camp is taking place from 21st April to 4th May. Osman Chowdhury, Dipu Roy, and Minhajul Abedin are the coaches who are conducting this camp.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=66179

Looks like a batting camp to me. I hope they have some decent bowlers to bowl against those guys in the nets.

siddons shouldn't take vacation that often. i think he just come before any tour. what is the use of academy discard in the training camp. If they cant perform in the academy team, how we expect them to be in the national Xi. we should have all the discard and academy promising players in the camp. I dont support including academy discard.

wiseshah
April 22, 2008, 08:20 PM
where is ehsanul haq sejan? he should be in the training camp too.

djnaved
April 22, 2008, 08:31 PM
this is such a crap, taking $20,000 every month and have a vacation after every series...wow! chalaia jan siddons baba, chalaia jan BCB shahebra... shame on siddons,shame on BCB

wiseshah
April 22, 2008, 09:44 PM
20,000 dollar, wow. thats too much for a poor country like us. i dont think he is giving even 10% of his hard work. I dont think he is too much into BD team, he is just passing his time.

sadi
April 22, 2008, 10:11 PM
Anyone can use a break after such a disastrous series. I don't blame him. If I had a boss like BCB, I would take a break every other week also.

Beamer
April 22, 2008, 10:16 PM
This vacation thingy is probably part of the deal before he signed. I won't be surprised at all. BCB was waiting forever to sign him and he probably used that as part of his bargaining chip. The silence from the BCB bosses in that regard just confirms my hunch. They are a weak bunch that BCB..

djnaved
April 22, 2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone can use a break after such a disastrous series. I don't blame him.

yah, i would do the same thing, but taking break after ever series sounds terrible..

mshakir56
April 22, 2008, 11:21 PM
Dont blame siddon, blame bcb, the gangsta corporation!

WarWolf
April 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
This vacation thingy is probably part of the deal before he signed. I won't be surprised at all. BCB was waiting forever to sign him and he probably used that as part of his bargaining chip. The silence from the BCB bosses in that regard just confirms my hunch. They are a weak bunch that BCB..
I wonder whether the deal includes the tickets to home for each visit....E-)

rainmaniac
April 22, 2008, 11:35 PM
shob pagol chagol ek jaigai...siddons atoi jokhon vacation katai r kaaj kore keno..shara jibon vacation ei katak...amar kase siddons ke onk problematic lage..team theke kichu expect kore na..match er shomai players der performance na dekhe football khele..bhab shab kemon jani...

al-Sagar
April 22, 2008, 11:49 PM
Let the discard regroup themselves.
Let siddons take a break and re collect his views

jeesh
April 23, 2008, 01:12 AM
Important camp in my opinion. Siddons should have been the one running it though.

crikfreak
April 23, 2008, 07:56 AM
the camp is good.. but shouldn't siddons be here with the guys?? how can he just leave the team in such a condition and go.. they got a long break.. souldn't siddons try and improve our team?? why did we get this crappy coach?? who leaves his team and goes for a vacation after every series?? i don't get him..

nsd3
April 23, 2008, 09:56 PM
I think the team needed a short break - not a long one! Media said after the 3rd ODI in Pak that the team looked tired. I guess the tired brain and body wouldn't do much with training. Perhaps that's why they are all having a break before jumping into the next mission.

mehedi
April 24, 2008, 04:16 AM
http://static.flickr.com/46/164524633_735e54a256.jpg

How about a training/treatment like this.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
i think this would be the right treatment for our golden boysL-)

bdchamp20
April 24, 2008, 05:28 AM
Its Tk. 20 lakh thats nearly $40,000 a month, and he is getting paid more than double than Geoff Lawson the Pakistan coach. Anyway good idea, it does look like a batting camp but mind you Kapali can get all of these players out in the nets...lol. It will be more interesting when the national players join the camp.

Ajfar
April 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
keno vacation nibo na..koto kosto korlo bechara..ektu aram korbo naa..

zainab
April 24, 2008, 04:25 PM
I hope that Ash and Aftab join this squad.

Shahadat, Rasel and Mash should work with Ramanayka for a while, I hope BCB arranged this ASAP

jeesh
April 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
No news on that. Anyone know any reporters? Its very important that the likes of Shahadat, Rasel and Mash start working with Ramanayake.

BANFAN
April 25, 2008, 02:01 AM
Every training session is good for our players. I hope this will also benefit them.

But looking at the coaches, I would keep the expectations low.

It would be better to have the bowlers & the team under the new sri bowling & fielding coaches. Batsmen could continue practice under siddon, whn he is back.

jeesh
April 25, 2008, 03:30 AM
Its not good to write down the coaches like that. Nannu is a legend in Bangladesh cricket context, and Dipu Roy has had a lot of success as a coach. Bottomline is no matter who you bring to coach the players, then wont learn to be a top player in the nets. Perhaps mistakes can be corrected, but application will only be learnt on the pitch. Like Donald Trump says, you can be as book smart as you can but you learn to do something by doing it. Besides these training camps i would like to see informal matches played perhaps 3-4 day matches at BKSP, etc. Thats where the realization can come.

BANFAN
April 26, 2008, 08:45 AM
It's not undermining anyone. We must know what are the capabilities of our coaches. Standard of a good coach can only be measured by how many good players he has produced. We need world class coaches, coz only good by BD standard is not enough, we need world calss players.

Murad
April 26, 2008, 01:09 PM
Tigers train from Apr 29
Sports Reporter

The national cricketers will be back to training at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Tuesday.

All fourteen players who were in the Pakistan tour will take part in the training camp ahead of next month's tri-series involving India and Pakistan.

Meanwhile, the Tigers will be without coach Jamie Siddons and physiotherapist Darryn Lifson are currently on holiday. The pair returned with the Tigers from Pakistan after their 5-0 whitewash in the one-day series.

zainab
April 26, 2008, 03:54 PM
Once again Siddons is missing, no interest in the team, he should be the one conducting this training camp. Why is BCB paying him these big bucks? He is only working a maximum of 6 months in the year. What will he be doing when the players are playing domestic cricket next month?

abdulmukit
April 26, 2008, 08:28 PM
Once again Siddons is missing, no interest in the team, he should be the one conducting this training camp. Why is BCB paying him these big bucks? He is only working a maximum of 6 months in the year. What will he be doing when the players are playing domestic cricket next month?

when will jamme siddons return to BD? isnt his holday finish yet?
if the players repeats same mistakes (in the tri-seriese) what they did in last three series i will blame only siddons for the failure.

yeh i dont understand it aswell why his taking so many hoilidays. he only became the national coach last november and already taken 4 or 5 breaks? isnt that too much?
the team is strugling in international cricket. in this point a coach has to work with the boys instead of leaving htem and take personal holidays.

it will be good for bangladesh and him if he understand it soon.

Ajfar
April 27, 2008, 09:18 AM
sumone shud ask him straight up..."kire beta eto vacation ken...ghotona ki??

Razi
April 28, 2008, 02:46 AM
Taking break or even a short vacation is not a wrong thing by any means, but there should be a limit of everything. He took vacation after every series since he joined, but i don't mind with that even. The problem is that the vacation he is going for are too long and that doesn't help our cause. After the Pakistan series he went for a vacation and should have returned with the players on 29th April, but he will be returning after more than ten days which is on 9th May. This is the reason we are failing every time after Siddons took charge. Dav Whatmore used to stay with the boys almost all time and he hardly went for a vacation. He used to go for a vacation when Bangladesh team go for a tour outside Asia and then directly go from there. His vacations were also not more than a week or so.

Therefore, everytime Siddons is returning just before the series starts and trying to change the whole style of our players which is not possible just before the start of a series. If he really has to change the technique of our boys then he needs to work with them in between the series when there is no pressure on them. For this our players are facing a very tough situation in every series after he joined. Forget World Cup just see the last tour under Whatmore against India. We were so good and could have easily drawn the series but it was not possible for Asoka De Silva. India were in a very bad situation in the first match chasing 250+ runs but when Dhoni was not given out for a plumb lbw we had no options thereafter. Dhoni was on 11 at that moment and then went to score a unbeaten 91 and won the match for India. In the second match also we played well and score 230+ runs and the last match was abandoned due to rain. I still believe if Whatmore was there we would have not lose our last few series so badly...!!!

zainab
April 28, 2008, 06:42 AM
Siddons should be working on a one to one basis with each batsman. He has to give full attention to one or two players for a few days, not to have a training camp for 20 players for 5 days before a tour starts, just a waste of time, no one gains anything as it is too hurried, and the young guys are getting more confused with hurried training.
He should have been in BD conducting a batting coaching session with them.
IMO, the Pakistani tour was a waste of time, too hurried, the guys were playing domestic cricket, then had a hurried training session and in between had to get ready for the trip, not enough rest before the first game in Pakistan and worst of all, no practice matches, because the Pakistan national team had to leave for India quickly to play in the IPL.

BCB was morons to have agreed to this disastrous tour and this gave Pakistan the edge for they had everything to their advantage for they were at home.

lamisa
April 28, 2008, 09:34 AM
i thot siddons' gf came to live in bd.then y is he going to aus for?i dont get him,he doesnt expect us to do well,excercise kore matcher majkhane,chhootite jay dui din por por,shorkari employeeder moto.r 1s in a while he will term a player as golden boy and we get all worked up.whtz wrong with this guy?i bet o jodi 60% efforto dito,bd wud hav done fantastic in pak.